Everything seemed fine to everyone else. But not to him. Here he was, standing in front of his cabin, exactly on the spot where the spacious area in front was used for training. Arms crossed, he had a look of unamusement painting his usual stoic face. Emotionless mask would be an understatement for Daehyun, because it really wasn't. He just didn't have room for more than one or two emotion to play out 24/7. The most neutral face he ever has is that. That's was far as you can actually get to him if you are not his sister or the people who had the chance to get close and talk to him on a personal level. This session has been going on for about two hours long and yet he was still unsatisfied with the progress the two were doing. There were two imminent conclusions to this; one, it's Daehyun Stormwind, you'll never get him actually applaud anything. Two, he's a perfectionist. So there's that.

“No.. Stop only going for defense. If the two of you keep clashing with the same tactics, both of you will eventually tire yourself out faster than you imagine you would, and thus there will be no winner in the end. There can only be one defense and one offense in a two-way fight. You can't expect to throw deflection to deflection. It would maximize the negative impact.” he chastised, his tone growing and octave lower than usual as he dismissed them for the day. There was no point in sticking around to scold them like children, anyways. They are grown Niveis, so he wouldn't bother to care about their welfare. At least, not publicly. Daehyun will never admit it any day, but he does care deeply for the Niveis community. He worked to build it for 40 years alongside Anivia. Being proud was something he was entitled to but not something he flaunts over.

Collecting the bo staffs laid on the thick pile of snow, he decided to go out today, just so he could get out of his stuffy cabin that is seriously starting to smell a lot like coffee all around, not that it's a bad thing. But it just hits you, just how much coffee does this guy take daily? Hint, a lot. Lounging around on the couch, he stretched out his limbs and craned his neck before taking a hold of the one particular file on the desk. Evidently, when you keep skimming over the same faces and information, you get a little bit tedious. He's done it all so far, he went to search more on the city's history and factions alike. What else hasn't he done? Right, have some spare time for himself. That's not going anywhere near him any time soon.

Don't get him wrong, having alone time is good. But the elder Stormwind would rather pour his time and essence in focusing on how to strengthen their stronghold as a community rather than think about the petty little things he could do with his newfound freedom. Okay, maybe he did want to make use of them. But probably not now. When things are a tad more stable, then he'll go with it. Jordan Veit. A newly turned Niveis from his phoenix life because he just so happened to drown himself in icy cold water shortly after his ‘death'. So instead of a normal rebirth, he gets to be an ice bird. The thing about being a Niveis, when you're turned into one, you are just horrible at being one. Why would you be? One minute, you've lived your entire life as the exact counterpart and the next, you're the opposite? That doesn't go well with neither one of them when they were first turned. Daehyun could remember his, being forced to be one was one thing. To control himself alone? That's another thing. God damn, it was not pleasant.

Guess it was scouting time. At least, this time it's at a nearby location. The last time he scouted was in New York, where he met the Dietrich siblings. He did not want to fly all the way to NYC today, he just didn't feel the mood. Bad news for the pale haired Niveis, Aaron is usually seen at bars and clubs. He hated those places. He had no reason to be there too, so this was going to take some convincing. Rejecting this would be a scratch to his reputation and honor, so no can do. It's going either way, it seems. “Well, Jordan Veit. Looks like it's your lucky day.” he mumbled and closed the file and tossed it inside the drawer as he made his way out. The wind closed the door properly, and wondered just where would he find that club. It's past 9 now. The place will be packed and he hates people in general.

By making use of his wings, he allowed himself to be propelled to the dark sky of the night and flew carefully from above as he pinpointed the exact location of where the Niveis might be. His hues caught a sight of one particular club at the Valkyr territory, just around the borders. Shady place, that's all he knows. Was he even surprised? Landing a few blocks away from the club, he noticed a long line queuing. Sneaking in, it is. Back door seemed secure enough but still required a distraction so he could sneak past the bouncers. He didn't wish to cause any scene so publicly especially when he wasn’t feeling it. A little trick wouldn't hurt. In a few moments later, the bouncers scurried to the back door when the electric circuit guarding it was fried because somehow, a puddle of water just so happened to be there. Daehyun lets his eyes wander around in the club when he got past the entrance. Now where to find that guy.

After a while of searching, he noticed the male sitting by the bar, seemingly trying to enjoy himself. He was bumped into a few people while trying to get across. Their slick material against his leather jacket really caused him to roll his eyes. Too much humans, or non-humans, whatever works. Don't they know what personal space is, he thought. Eventually, he got to the bar and took a seat. He didn't do anything at first, really just regaining his breath. He did not look like he wanted to be there. 

Views: 679

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Yeon kept questioning in his head what the other male’s endgame here was; if it was him he would have left himself to freeze on the street, he was fully aware he had gone too far on the drink tonight and only had himself to blame for the results. Daehyun, despite how much he complained and grumbled didn’t seem to be able to let things go. Or in this case, let Yeon go. Curious. For the most part, he just kept staring at him like a confused idiot, his inebriated mind not realizing that would be creepy or weird for the other male. But it was hard not to stare at the other male, he was gorgeous, in that, I don’t even try but I stand out in a crowd kind of way, the pale hair that Dae sported suited him, made his piercing gaze stand out even more. Honestly, those eyes always seemed like they were staring right through him, it was a little unnerving, especially when he was weak like this and didn’t have his usual persona intact.

The valkyr however, was probably the least attractive version of himself he had ever been, especially after the moment the two of them landed in what seemed like a nice home and Yeon found himself throwing up everything he’d eaten and drank for the past 24 hours. He wanted to apologize for it but all that he found himself doing was collapsing to the ground, his body essentially giving up on him as punishment for the amount of poison he had fed it. The blond had been waiting for the other male to yell or kick him out but instead there was another of those grumpy remarks. Yeon curled his legs against his chest and then hugged them with his arms as he leaned his chin on his knees. He would have attempted to clean up but he suspected he would only make things worse in this state.

He didn’t fight as Dae dragged him over towards the bathroom, instead he just shuffled a little quietly still feeling bad for what he had done, he didn’t make of habit of throwing up in stranger’s homes that was for sure, though that just reminded him of the fact he was in a strangers house. Yeon gave a slightly guilty laugh when Dae spoke about not suddenly flinging him into the sky “Yeah, I have major flight and motion sickness” he admitted as he coughed again doing his best not to sound completely disgusting as he curled back up onto the floor leaning his head against a cabinet and closing his eyes “Not that you’d know that” he added, he did his best to remain still trying to shake the feeling of sickness.

He didn’t really know how long he was sitting there, eyes closed, feeling completely surreal, man he was such a bad drunk. He’d gone out drinking alone, with no plans on how to get home, while drinking on a mostly empty stomach and then he had gone home with a stranger, who he still hadn’t managed to figure out the motivations of. He didn’t get a bad feeling about Daehyun though, he was generally grumpy and complained a lot but he hadn’t done anything to set of major red flags in Yeon’s mind. Still the valkyr whacked his head against the cabinet a little to try and knock some sense into himself. And it was working, or at least, throwing up most of the alcohol out of his system was beginning to work anyway.

Once Yeon was satisfied that his stomach had given up punishing him he raised to his feet and leaned over the sink, running the tap and drinking down some of the running water before swilling it around his mouth and then spitting it into the basin, his hands were still shaking a little but he felt some of his strength return. He slowly moved back towards the room the two of them had come from “I’m sorry” he spoke honestly as he reached out for the couch for dear life and then crawled onto it “No one was really supposed to see me like this” he commented with a slightly guilty look in his eyes. Today was the one day of the year that Yeon truly felt at his worst. He wrapped the blanket that the pale-haired male gave him around his shoulders and looked out the window at the snow. It wasn’t cold enough for snow earlier which confused Yeon a little “When did it start snowing?” he commented with a furrowed brow.

Dae was already off into the kitchen making coffee so Yeon entertained himself for a while by looking around the cabin, it wasn’t all that home like if he was honest, it had everything it needed but he got the feeling it hadn’t been lived in for very long at all. Yeon wrinkled his nose as the smell of coffee started to fill the room, he had never liked coffee very much. Regardless he said thank you when Daehyun brought it to him and set it down on the table in front of him “You should have left me on the street, you know that right?” he admitted with a chuckle, it was starting to become more evident that Yeon was getting his sense back.

Daehyun had no idea why he's so bothered with the valkyr's condition, both physically and mentally. He just does. For all he knows, Yeon was this strange guy that just so happened to be a victim of the situation in the club, though he doubted it was much of his fault because he did warn the others to get out for he knew things were going to get messy. And now, the blond is probably puking his guts out in the bathroom. “He could've waited till I can show him the bathroom..” he mumbled to himself, clearly still bothered by the fact that the valkyr still ruined his floor and carpet earlier. “But then again.. I guess at least he waited till we land.” Oh because if did that halfway while they were flying, he wasn't sure if he's going to be this civil.

“Don't worry about it. We all have our bad days. Nothing to be ashamed of.” he retorted mildly, his hooded gaze following the male's attempts to sit up straight but failed. The next question however, caused the niveis to stop whatever he was doing halfway, because he forgot the difference in weather terms between here and in the city. How is he going to explain this to him? He couldn't be bothered to lie, he's too tired to muster up the effort to lie blindly to this guy. The truth will have to suffice then. “I guess from where you are at, it stopped but never here. That, or it has something to do with either one of us that really liked the snow or just had a crappy day.” The way he had blatantly said it, was surprising to himself too. Ironically, he's had a crappy day too. But the snow is definitely not from him, though he couldn't complain because he quite liked them.

When Dae returned with two mugs of coffee in his hand, he took a seat across the valkyr, pushing another mug his way. Thankfully he wasn't all against drinking a cup of hot coffee. Although most of his ideal preferences are usually iced americano to lattes. “Yeah I could. I was initially going to do that, believe me.. The idea was to get this guy out from the premise and then be on my merry way after I went through a crappy night with a crappy guy. But you couldn't even walk a straight line, much less get yourself back home. I asked, and all you said is dance place, like that narrows everything down.” He drawled, and sipped his coffee before sighing. “Figured I couldn't leave your sorry ass somewhere shady, and that place was everywhere near shady, and the concern struck me to bring you back here and sober you up so you can be on your way when you're well. But that plan's probably going to wait to.” As soon as he said that, his piercing dark hues wandered to the windows where the snow could be seen raining heavily.

“You're gonna have to stay in for a while since the blizzard doesn't seem to be slowing down. Someone's probably had a crappy day too.” It was like a common occurrence for the weather to change drastically every once in a while ever since they moved there. Hence why the elder Stormwind thinks it's better for him to keep himself away from the socializing because it would definitely poke his emotions and freezing a nearby stream was not what he wanted to do. “I would offer to increase the temperature but then I'd complain..sorry I can't do that.” he apologized momentarily and analyzed the blond to see if he has any sickness signs. He needed to be sure if the table would be a victim like the floor, okay.

“So you're a valkyr huh?” He didn't forget what the male said earlier regarding his identity. No wonder he's around such a shady place, the club was across the borders, too near in between the valkyr and the dhampir territory. “But honestly though, when someone rings a fire alarm, you should really follow the rules.” Yup, he's not done with that yet.

Yeon nodded in response to the other male brushing off his apology “I don’t make a habit of ruining people’s carpets I promise” he explained with a shake of his head “Or drinking a lot at all really” he mumbled a little and pressed a hand to the side of his head, the hangover was going to be killer if he passed out any time soon, he knew that much for sure. Eventually, Yeon gave up trying to sit up and leaned his head against one of the pillows snuggling into a little so that the couch could keep him propped up. He was confused as heck by Daehyun’s explanation for the snow though, glancing to the window and then back to the snowy-haired male, suspicious that they looked so similar “So you’re not a Nephilim but you can fly” Yeon commented with a frown trying to figure out who the hell he was dealing with.

The valkyr stared at the mug that Dae pushed across the table with a ‘do I have to?’ look on his face for a few seconds before he leaned forward and picked it up. He held it in his hands, leaning over it for a few moments to take in the heat from it, it was a nice contrast considering how cold it was in here, he wasn’t sure how the pale-haired male could put up with it, he raised the mug to his lips and took a long drink and then swallowed it down before shuddering as he set it back down on the table, yeah, he still hated the taste of coffee. Yeon did appreciate the fact that Daehyun hadn’t just left him alone there if he was honest, who knew what embarrassing thing he might have done next if left unattended on the streets of Evermore “Well I appreciate it” he commented with a shrug of his shoulders “My assistant is going to kill me in the morning” he groaned and sighed, rubbing his temple a little “I’m going to kill me in the morning” he added and chuckled and glanced over to Daehyun, well someone else had now seen him at his worse but with any luck they probably wouldn’t see one another again after today. For now, since he couldn’t go anywhere, he figured he may as well keep talking “See now that my senses are coming back to me” he chuckled and pulled his phone from his pocket sliding one of his business cards from his pocket and placed it on the table. Name, address, phone number, email. He’d had the damn thing on him all along.

“That’s okay, I have nowhere else to be, it’s only an empty apartment waiting for me after all” he commented and then realized that might sound like he was moping, maybe he was a little, but it was the anniversary of the day a car shattered every bone in his body so he was afforded a little moping “Plus sleeping now is gonna kill my head so I’m relying on you to keep me awake and distracted” he chuckled running his tongue over his lips after he finished speaking realizing how that could be interpreted. Yeon certainly felt more like himself now, most of the alcohol had gone through his system and the coffee he was forcing down was doing it’s sobering up job “That’s okay, I have this so” he chuckled pulling the blanket tighter around him so the only part of him that wasn’t covered over was his face.

“I am” he responded with a nod “Also occasionally referred to as vampires” he wrinkled his nose “Which are horribly stereotyped in media and really nothing like real life” he chuckled thinking about how most portrayed them as these soulless monsters who couldn’t control themselves or they romanticized his kind by making them supernaturally beautiful or whatever. “I died, doesn’t make me a monster” he sighed, he really did hate the stigma that floated around, his kind did nothing but try to protect people, that’s what they were at heart. “And you’re…..Jack Frost with wings?” he questioned with a confusion crossing his expression, he was still trying to figure out what the male was, he’d heard of Initia who could control ice but none of them had the ability to fly.

“You’re still on that huh?” Yeon commented with a slightly shy chuckle, okay probably not his best decision in the whole world he had to admit but to his drunk mind, he was just mad that someone had ruined the club “Don’t try to rationalize my drunken mind, or my mind in general, I defy most logic” he teased with a shrug “And so do you it seems” the blond valkyr chuckled “Picking up a stranger and bringing them home with you, so reckless” he clicked his tongue a little as if he was judging the other male.

Oh the other male is really weird. But amusing, definitely amusing. Maybe the day wasn't so bad afterall. Note the maybe. If there was still a little trendy effort that Daehyun would've done to make sure today wasn't a complete wacked up day in his schedule and calendars, he would. But too bad, he's too lazy to muster up the effort to do any of those. Can you blame the guy? He just got his favorite jacket drenched in whiskey and now his home had become a temporary residency for the slowly sober valkyr that now sits right across him. Oh yeah, not to mention the carpet and the floor. Things could be worse, he guess.

“If you don't drink a lot, which I can still smell off you with the mixed up alcohol, why did you? Rough day? Or just rough date in general?” Beginning a conversation was the niveis’ way to make it up for the bad day, because he had nothing else to do if not clean and scrub his jacket, which he's most likely going to throw away soon. “You really mixed it up.. You're probably going to have one hell of a hangover the next morning if you're not already feeling the migraine taking over your head.” He drinks occasionally when he doesn't have a pending mission other next morning to work on, so he kept a few aspirin bottles on the shelves. “I have aspirin if you want.” Unfortunately, even if the blizzard ends for the next few minutes, there was no way he's ever going to get down safely with all the snow in place, so Yeon would probably have to wait.

At the mention of being a Nephilim, he chuckled softly and leaned against his seat, just waiting if he knew what he was. Not many knew of their arrival, even if they did, they had no idea what they were. “Yes, I can fly. I have wings.” he nodded in affirmation, but still not enough to reveal his identity just yet. “Well, I don't think you're going anywhere in this weather, so please refrain yourself from killing well- yourself, in my cabin. Cleaning up the blood is going to be a whole lot of mess and not to mention, the effort to scrub them away without leaving the coppery stench.” He didn't have any particular dislike to blood, not when he's probably gotten hurt himself often, especially when it comes to training. “Everyone drinks in a while, don't beat yourself up. Pretty sure the hangover will just kill you for you. That's enough punishment I'd say.”

Eyeing the business card on the table, he quirked an eyebrow his way with a not so amused look. He looks like a grumpy cat who's just been rejected when he asked for extra treats. “You couldn't have given me this sooner? You know, before you- never mind.” he grumbled and traced the edge of the card, reading every information printed on it. “이연석씨.. 지원도 없이 그늘진 클럽에서 누가 혼자 술을 마시나. (Lee Yeonseok-ssi, who the hell drinks alone at a shady club without any backup.)” The slight accent slipped up when he spoke Korean. How he's actually missed talking in his native tongue, and with any luck he doubted the blond wouldn't understand him. He didn't look that fairly old, definitely younger than him physically. “Did you even have your phone with you?” He wondered why he didn't bother checking him earlier, possibly due to his mannerisms that somehow did not allow him to go through with it. So he could knock someone out but not check a stranger in attempts to help?

“I'm a lot closer to knock you out earlier than now, so I don't think you need to worry about falling asleep.” He still wants to knock him out, no kidding. But the urge was a lot lesser than before. “That blanket is not going to keep you away from the cold forever but I guess you'll make do.” he remarked dryly and tried to recall if he stored a few hot packs somewhere. He didn't need them but he bought them just in case. “I'll be right back.” Turning his back against the male, he opened the cupboard and saw a few packs still unopened, obviously because he never needed them. “You're lucky I even had them with me..” he mumbled dismissively and pushed it his way. “Feel free to use them.” Better to leave it to rot at least.

Strangely, he always had a soft spot for people who's led a tragic life. A lot more for people who's experienced near death, or death, overall. “Being dead sucks.” he agreed. But the transition to another being, it wasn't painless too. He wondered how Yeon's transition went. From the rumors, it wasn't pleasant and not many even survived their transition. He was probably a strong guy. That, or he just got lucky. Fortunately for Dae, the elder Stormwind doesn't believe in luck. “I'm not surprised.. Most of us got stereotyped harshly. That's probably because none of those who did their research are actual supernaturals.” He didn't mind because it meant exposure to their community but it does bother him at some point. Jack Frost with wings? Well, no matter how absurd that sounded, he wasn't wrong. “Did you call me Jack Frost because of my hair.. Or is it something else?” he inquired, curious to see if he witnessed his icy charade earlier.

“Oh yeah you defy logic. Be glad it wasn't the place on fire.. Then you'd be crisp now instead of being cold.” he huffed, clearly not over that part. He was reckless, admittedly under the influence of alcohol, but still. Allowing a small smirk to come across his pale complexion, he chuckled tenderly at the mention of that. Coming from him, it sounded funny. “I am anything but reckless, alright. There's a concept for that you know. It's been going on for long, it's called one night stands. Where you pick a guy or gal, whichever suits your preferences, and then bring them home for what would be an exciting night for you. Until they come sneaking out the next morning..” Surprisingly, it applied well in their situation. Except the intention thing.

Yeon widened his eyes a little when the other male asked him quite directly his motivations for getting drunk that evening, the blond bit down on his lip thoughtfully and didn’t say anything for a few seconds, just debating how much he could trust the other male. On the one hand, he hadn’t left him to freeze out on the streets but on the other, he was acting very cryptic when it came to his identity. It seemed like the male had read the situation right though, Yeon noted the way he used the word date “Date indeed” he confirmed with a nod of his head “The one damn day” he blinked a few times and then sighed, okay he hated feeling like this, like someone could see his emotions on his damn sleeve. “I just wanted to drown it out for once” he didn’t expect the other male to get it because he didn’t get it himself but he did feel like he owed him somewhat of an explanation considering what he had done to his floor.

Yeon kinda felt like he was being tested on his supernatural knowledge, no matter how much he looked over the other male and studied him though, he couldn’t spot any tells he recognized, no purple eyes of a Nephilim, no color changes which associated to other species, no sign of a weapon. Damn it was frustrating trying to figure it out and he could tell that Daehyun was enjoying watching him struggle. Yeon pulled a disgusted face at the idea of trying to clean up blood, the stuff got everywhere, he would know. He yawned softly and smiled “It’s figurative, I love my life too much to kill myself, besides it would be a waste of a pretty face don’t you think?” Yeon chuckled making a pose with his hands before laughing softly “Alcohol brings out my mopey side, it’s really quite a pain” he grimaced leaning a hand against his head which was starting to throb a little.

Yeon gave him a questioning look and an arched brow “My head was a bit fucked up at the time okay?” he explained a little defensively and shook his head “Okay it’s always fucked up but most of the time I can remember where I live” he sighed, it was hard to explain away the particular mistakes he had made tonight, he had been pretty reckless which wasn’t really like him, all he had been able to think about was trying to forget and everything else didn’t feel like it mattered compared. Yeon was surprised when Daehyun spoke to him in Korean, so much so that he just kinda went quiet in shock for a moment or two, he hadn’t used his mother tongue in such a long time. He looked utterly off guard, which was very unlike him “잊고 싶었던 누군가 (Someone who wanted to forget)” he responded almost questioning himself as he said it. Damn, that language reminded him so much of his old life and just like that, memories threatened to seep in once again.

When Dae asked if he had his phone Yeon nodded “Yeah, though it died about an hour in, I really need a new one” he answered as he tapped the pocket it was tucked into, most of the time he just used his work phone and left the personal one at home, but he couldn’t risk taking a work call while drunk, he did have some pride after all. Yeon definitely was starting to feel the cold in here, the blanket was fluffy and kept some heat but his clothes, while they had, for the most part, dried out now, were still cold against his skin “I’ve been through much worse than a spell of cold” he admitted with a dry chuckle, though when he passed the heat packs Yeon didn’t hesitate to take one and activate it before leaning his head against it as he watched Daehyun. Despite the impression he tried to give, Yeon got the feeling that Daehyun seemed to enjoy taking care of him “Yeah...lucky” Yeon mumbled as he snuggled against the warm pouch, it definitely did help.

When Daehyun responded with being dead sucks, the valkyr furrowed his brow, another detail to add to the 'what the hell was this guy' pile, someone who could fly, control ice and died? Nope, Yeon was completely stumped, he’d never heard of a species with such powers “It’s more because the media prefer to paint drama than the truth” he commented with a shrug, every bit of media painted his kind as creatures of the night who preyed on human life, which was so far from the truth. When Daehyun asked his rationale behind the name he called him Yeon shrugged “I felt the bar freeze beneath me and you’re ice cold to the touch” he noted remembering when he had wrapped his arms around him to fly with him, his skin had felt cold, colder than any normal person would be, even outdoors “I’d hedge a bet that frost is a pretty accurate description” he added before he smiled softly “The hair was definitely a factor though” he liked the pale blond that the male sported, it was fitting to him somehow.

Yeon rolled his eyes and spoke in a nonchalant tone “I have super speed, the moment I’m in danger I can just teleport out of there” that was why he rarely ran from danger unless he had to, he had more time to react and respond than most people did. Though Yeon wasn’t denying he was reckless this particular evening, it wasn’t like him to get so out of control and it wasn’t like him to trust a stranger either. Which he supposed was what he was doing considering he hadn’t tried to make a run for it yet. Really he quite liked looking at the other male, he was handsome and had these gorgeous cat-like eyes that were piercing but yet on very small occasions, they showed just the smallest hint of emotion.

“And which suits your preference?” Yeon asked boldly as he folded his hands behind his head, the blond was hardly a stranger to one night stands, he may as well write the book on them at this point, to be honest, a playboy most would call it. He didn’t believe for a second that Daehyun’s intentions were a one night stand, though he was willing to be proved wrong, his eyes lifted to meet the other male’s in a stare, challenging him he supposed “So that’s the reason you’re going with?” he prompted with a half smirk, well the valkyr certainly wouldn’t be one to back down in this situation.

There was no lying in this, neither was he evading the truth. Okay, maybe he wasn't being all truthfully honest with his identity to Yeon, but he didn't ask properly, did he not? Until then, he was sure he's not obliged to answer them unless asked directly and specifically. He's a pain like that. He needed to be sure that he wasn't recklessly outing himself to a stranger, a devilishly handsome stranger, but still a stranger nonetheless. Dae was curious to know what today would've made the valkyr to against remembering until he came across a possible answer. Before they become valkyrs, they were required to die first. Medically deceased, if he wasn't mistaken. All those information he got was not useless, thankfully. So was it really what he thought it is? The date of his death?

That's morbid, he thought. But he supposed everyone else should remember the day they died. It was a significant memory, one you can't really forget no matter how hard you try. At the thought of it alone, the elder Stormwind suddenly feel as if he was hit by a gush of wind, a very cold one and instead of basking himself in the comfort, he flinched involuntarily. It wasn't physically that surprised him, but rather the opposite. He was reminded of the day he died. Shaking his head in trying to push the memory behind the back of his head for today, his dark hues never left the blond. “Understandable.” he mumbled, drowning his mumbling with coffee. No point in reminiscing such a painful memory since it brought nothing but pain.

He had to admit though, it was highly amusing to see how focused Yeon seemed to be as he was sure the latter was trying to piece up every detail he had to figure out just what the hell the niveis is. What caused him to choke halfway while he was drinking his coffee was the gesture the valkyr threw his way. Cute. But the choking wasn't cute, obviously. Placing the mug far away from him, he glared at the blond before coughing himself. The liquid was hot and choking on it was not how he saw himself finishing the hot beverage. “Oh yes, very pretty. No doubt.” he exclaimed, his voice thick with the sarcasm and snark just around the corner. “Thankfully they don't bring my mopey side.. Not that I think I even have one to begin with.” After a while of pondering, he concluded he couldn't remember it. Alcohol in his system only meant enhanced him and since he's already so grumpy almost 24/7, it doesn't take a brainer to figure out what happens next.

He only shook his head in a judging way when Yeon defended himself. Dae had a feeling from how awestruck he looked earlier, Yeon probably didn't think the native language would come around again. Well, Daehyun missed it. His sister never spoke it to him in a long while, and he had to refrain himself from speaking in it because it'll only remind her of their previous home and the fact that they left their mother a death sentence. “잊어버리고 싶다면, 당신은 스스로 로보토마이즈를 했어야 했다. (If you wanted to forget, you should've just lobotomized yourself.)” he murmured silently, his slender fingers playing with the helm of his top absentmindedly. “Maybe bring a power bank or second phone just in case. I know you're a big guy and you can take care of yourself, but still, everyone's vulnerable once in a while. And today was your vulnerable day.” he pointed out dismissively, his nurturing self threatening to pour his content but Dae stopped himself halfway.

Really, he wasn't that cold. He just liked to keep to himself because he didn't want to be hurt and others just saw it that way, so they left him with the same mindset. It wasn't his fault. “I know valkyrs die, so that's probably why you've been through worse, sure death is the worse, it's cold and numb, but a spell of cold can still freeze your ass off. If you're living an immortal life, the least you should do is ensure you're living a comfortable life, no?” He's already giving off a few hints. At this point he knew Yeon had a few basic stuff about him but nothing near to figuring what he is. So far he's told the valkyr that he's been dead before, much like him, he can freeze things, he has wings and could fly. And he's cold. No pun intended. “That's because they like to keep the understanding of ignorance is a bliss thing, whatever it actually means.” A scoff escaped his lips, as he belittled the media in the 21st century today.

“You still don't know what I am yet, do you?” He was just itching to ask, and curiosity got to him. Playing identity game was fun while it lasted but Dae's patience and tolerance did not entailed this nor did it stretch that far up. If he's going to be stuck in his cabin for a while, might as well make the most of what it's worth. This, he expected. The coffee incident, he didn't. But this, he did. The questions spewed by Yeon didn't surprise him, in fact it only made him grin in amusement even further. “Well aren't you Mr Curious.” he drawled and leaned forward in his seat to face the blond properly. “I'm not picky. I'm interested in both, I've dabbled. It depends on the individual of course. If they'd be able to strike my interest, consider me game.” This was the first time he's met someone so forward yet so confident without a hint of shame hiding behind the layers. Oh, he truly is interesting.

Matching the same smirk the valkyr had, he shrugged and reverted back to his previous seating, which was leaning against the chair, his eyes unwavering underneath the younger male's stare. “Why not? What other reason can I find in quenching your need to ask?”

Yeon wished he could forget that moment, it was one that stuck in his mind like a switch, when the switch was flipped it was all that he could think about and while it didn’t happen often, it was agonizing when it did, that was why he did his best not to think about it during the daylight hours. If he could push the memory he would, but at night was another story, there was nothing he could do to stop it when nightmares decided to plague him, he still had them 8 years later. The blond couldn’t help but notice the way the other male flinched and furrowed his brow with confusion, or perhaps a little concern. Perhaps the other male knew more about what Yeon went through than he initially thought. Yeon reached to pick up the mug of coffee and downed the rest before it could get cold and go to waste, he shuddered again as he swallowed it down “Ugh I still hate coffee” he commented knowing his face would look pretty comical as he set the mug back down on the table.

Yeon wouldn’t exactly call himself an expert on supernatural affairs and he rarely kept up with what was going on in Evermore city, he knew he should and it would probably make his life easier overall but he never seemed to find the time or the will to care all that much. As Yeon made his little pose he chuckled, but he didn’t fail to notice the way Daehyun seemed to choke on the coffee he was drinking. Interesting. Naturally, the blond leaned forward, putting just slightly less distance between the two of them as he watched the snowy-haired male struggle “Steady there” he teased with a slightly mocking tone. The sarcasm that came from Daehyun quirked a half smile from Yeon’s lips. Defensive. “I’m glad you agree” the valkyr responded as though he hadn’t noticed the tone at all and took it as a compliment.

He had to admit the language was completely unexpected for him, he wasn’t stupid enough not to recognize that Daehyun was of Korean descent but with the way that Yeon had pretty much completely adopted an American accent now, it was pretty surprising to him that someone would try to speak to him in a language he had barely used for 8 years. Still the familiarity of it rolling off his tongue actually felt nice and reminded him of the good times he had in Korea before he left “유혹 (Tempting)” he responded with a roll of his shoulders, he wasn’t going to take the other male’s jabs too seriously, Yeon already got the feeling there was more to the pale-haired male than his slightly hurtful comments. Which was only confirmed by the way Daehyun offered advice on how Yeon could better care for himself in the future. The valkyr twitched his lips into a half smile “Thought you didn’t care” he commented and very purposely winked in the other male’s direction. He also chuckled at the irony of Daehyun calling him a big guy considering Yeon was pretty short height wise.

He had been pondering over the question of what Daehyun was for far too long, the curiosity on his face showing and then fading over and over as he racked all the ideas he had in his head, eventually he realized Daehyun must be a species that Yeon hadn’t known about before today “Death is awful” he commented with a shrug “Wouldn’t wish the feeling on my worst enemy” he commented before he suddenly leaned forward over the table to grab the other male’s arm. Without giving him a moment to react he pulled up the sleeve of Daehyun’s jacket. He was a little shocked though, as he touched the male’s arm by just how insanely cold it felt, his whole body wanted to shiver and pull away but instead he trailed his eyes down the male’s arm slowly, seeing the trailing swirls that were undoubtedly those of a phoenix, except they were the wrong color. Yeon tilted his head as he released Daehyun’s arm and then blew out an annoyed breath “You’re a phoenix, but you’re also not a phoenix” that was the best he was going to figure out on his own, he didn’t realize that phoenixes could become something else, frankly he’d only met one in his life and she had been a right piece of work.

Yeon would be kidding himself if he said the other male didn’t intrigue him, it had only been a few hours and yet somehow he had seen a lot of the other male, he had seen someone who acted like they didn’t give a damn about the world and the people around them and yet, he hadn’t kicked the valkyr out of his home yet, in fact, he seemed to be taking care of him. Add onto that the fact that Daehyun was totally stunning, especially in his moments when a smile graced those defined lips. And don’t get the valkyr started on the smirks. He quirked a rather suggestive brow when he heard the other male confirm that he did indeed have interest in men “Interesting” he commented, dragging the word out a little, Yeon had actually never met someone of Korean descent who was quite so open with their sexuality, he found that level of boldness incredibly attractive.

It was also interesting how Daehyun seemed to instantly rise to Yeon’s challenge, perhaps he had found a match for his own stubbornness. But the Valkyr really did have no shame so he only found this more and more entertaining and it only spurred him further rather than make him want to back down “I admit that I’m finding it pretty difficult to figure you out” Yeon commented with a tilt of his head, though his eyes hadn’t left Daehyun’s since this whole standoff began “But I do love me a challenge” he added and smirked “So you have me here and I’m not saying no” he raised his brows again and mouthed the words ‘your move’.

Talking about death is never a topic for the niveis. He couldn't handle it, surprisingly enough. He had this exterior saying he didn't give a damn about anything else, and nothing usually exempt itself from the category, but this one is a rarity. Dae feels that his manner of death was rather morbid and tragic, as every death should be, but the memory of how his life flew away so recklessly for someone else's gains, for him to lose his life because of an experiment, that never left his head. Not once. He could relate with the valkyr when speaking about forgetting. He wanted to forget too. Every single detail of it that was still etched to his head. Though he was sure he couldn't stop himself from snorting in response to the blond's showcase of dislike for coffee.

“Do you hate it solely because you're on the road to being sober, or the fact that you dislike coffee related beverages in general?” he asked casually, just because his curiosity had fueled his decent attempts on continuing their small talk conversation so neither one of us wouldn't be filling the cold air with their awkwardness. He looked funny while setting the mug down, so much a laughter was threatening to tear itself out from his vessel. Every since he settled in Evermore, he's been laughing a lot more than usual. He smiled a lot more too. That was a positive effect that had slowly settled inside himself, and Dae actually enjoyed the feeling. Not that he'd tell anyone that.

He send a glare towards Yeon's way when the blond mocked him about choking on the hot scalding beverage. It burned his throat, he'd really settle for a drink now. How he hated things that were hot with intensity he never knew he had. Well, maybe not people who are hot. That's the only exception, definitely. “I've never met a narcissist that is as narcissistic as you are, it's amazing what you can find in this era these days.” he chuckled dryly and groaned to himself as he massaged his throat before covering himself with his hands. It really burned him since it was freshly brewed earlier. “I need a drink.. I can't be sober to deal with this.” he mumbled lazily. “Well whatever this is.” Funnily enough, it was just him complaining the hot and he'd rather have the burning coming from alcohol instead of coffee or tea.

So he got up from his seat and opened the upper cabinet, taking out a bottle of tequila from the restricted space before returning to his seat and poured himself a drink. “I'd offer you a drink but you don't look like you need to return back to the road of intoxication. That and you probably couldn't keep up with me.” Dae is a strong drinker, always finding the joy in drinking alone even though he only did so because he wouldn't lash out or spout nonsense. He's the kind of drunk that would be quick to go full violent mode or act as if he's already done with life. As soon as he downed his first drink, he rolled his eyes and scoffed. “I don't. Don't get this the wrong way. I just don't want you to come out from my cabin only to grumble and grumble. Grumpy is not a good look on you.” Well, to be fair, any look was good on the blond but you didn't hear that from him.

The elder Stormwind hummed in agreement when Yeon talked about death. They were in the same sense on that. “I wouldn't wish it on anyone too.. I'm not sure if some people should cherish this second life as a second chance. To others, it's not so much of the savioring job. You don't come back because an angel told you deserve a second life.” Oh he's definitely sober but he's mostly annoyed that he was brought back without his consent. Then again, he died without his consent too, so what's new. What surprises the niveis was when the valkyr suddenly rolled up his sleeves. Admittedly, his entire body was cold in comparison to ice, but he was more to taken aback by Yeon. That's why he didn't even try to retract his arm away. If he knows, then he knows. Keeping an identity a secret is a lot more work than said.

His tribal marks as a niveis was blue in color, swirling just around his wrist area up to his arm. Since he is quite the pale guy, the marks looked more prominent in blue. Yeon was annoyed, yet it served Daehyun no more than an amusement for the night. A wry smirk appeared afterwards and he leaned forward, dangerously close and rolled up both his sleeves up, just showing his marks to the male. “You are right though. I am a phoenix.. But not a phoenix.” The guessing game eventually got dull and Dae was close to telling him what he is. But not without anything on the line of course. “Then you'd wonder.. If tell you what I am, what would I get?” His gaze was tantalizing, as if he was just waiting for the blond to react.

When Yeon admitted it was hard to figure him out, he allowed himself to laugh. “Cute.” He then trailed his index finger on the table, humming to himself a tune and slowly, a trail of frost started following his movements. Not long after, the frost slowly drew itself as a phoenix, and the frost translucent color really living up to his ice phoenix identity. “There.. Aren't I being considerate.” Truth to be told, the other male was being so suggestive that Dae himself wasn't sure what to make of it. He never said he wasn't interested though. Yeon was more than enough to pique his interest from earlier charade.

Yeon flicked his gaze upwards towards Daehyun as he asked about coffee “Just not a fan of anything bitter really” he admitted with a shrug “I much prefer sweets” the blond shrugged, not everyone had the same taste, he could eat really sour things but as soon as something was bitter he didn’t want to be anywhere near it. He was surprised to hear what almost sounded like laughter coming from Dae’s lips, Yeon curved his lips into a smile “So he can laugh” he noted brightly, Daehyun was actually really interesting to him, not the usual kind of person he talked to, it made him curious.

The blond reached a hand up, twirling one of the longer strands of his hair around his finger and then twisting it the other way absentmindedly while the two of them talked “No one’s gonna love me better than me” he commented with a chuckle raising his eyebrows suggestively, there was really no point trying to shame Yeon for his confidence, it would always go in one ear and out the other. Now he was feeling more like himself Yeonseok was making himself more comfortable, leaning back against the couch, tucking one of his hands behind his head to press the heat pack against his cheek. He laughed softly as Daehyun stalked off in search of alcohol “Only an hour and I’m already driving you to drink” he teased with an amused twinkle in his eyes.

“Yeah I think I’ll pass, the headache is already screaming ‘you’re an idiot’ loudly enough” he responded shifting his position and pulling the blanket off of him and setting it down beside him, he guessed he was getting used to the cold because he didn’t really feel it anymore. Yeon probably would have been more lively if he wasn’t so tired but the alcohol that was in his system made him feel a bit groggy, regardless he was just about managing to keep his mind occupied by watching the snowy-haired male, such a mystery “I’m not grumpy” he responded with a chuckle “That definitely feels more like your specialty” Yeon was pretty chill with most things, it was pretty hard to offend him unless you meant something to him.

Yeon pursed his lips as he listened to Dae’s comments on death, awfully pessimistic but he could relate, when he had first come to Evermore he had fallen into a pit of depression for months, unable to handle the reality of what his life had become, but eventually he had stopped feeling sorry for himself “Doesn’t matter what the reason was, getting a second chance and wasting it, that’s just unfair on everyone who doesn’t get the same deal” there were a lot of people who deserved a second chance more than he did and that was why he was so hellbent to make his worth it “I wasn’t even 21 when I died” he posed with a shrug “Barely even got to live” that wasn’t him moping, that was him pointing out that time was important.

The blond valkyr’s eyes widened a little as he looked over the blue patterns which traced all over Daehyun’s arms, the temptation to trace them with his fingers came across his mind but he quickly dismissed it, his hold against the ice-phoenixes’ arm did linger than was probably necessary though as he took in the information he had gotten. His lips parted when Daehyun’s rolled up the other sleeve and Yeon’s eyes moved over his skin, taking in the way the lines looked, he wondered how far they went as he saw they continued on past his shoulders where his jacket over. Yeon bit gently on his tongue as he closed his mouth. Damn. When Daehyun mentioned a reward for revealing what he was, Yeon tilted his head to the side innocently “Well that would depend entirely on what you want” he stressed the final word as he looked up at Dae, a mischievous look in his eyes.

Yeon’s eyes dropped down to Daehyun’s finger as it drew ice across the table and he instantly felt the air begin to get colder around him, he had to admit he’d never seen a phoenix that could control ice before but he’d seen weirder things “If stating the obvious is considerate sure” the valkyr smirked, he’d already figured that much out from the tattoos after all. Mostly his expression just showed a certain level of triumph though because the other male had decided to change the subject and while most people would let that slide, the valkyr saw that as proof he was right “Please don’t tell me you call yourselves ice phoenixes though, because that just sounds like a cheap copy” Yeon ran his tongue over his lip slowly before purposely lifting his feet and crossing one leg over the other and then putting them up on the table.

He's just amused in general when it comes to the blond, what was rather a surprise however, was the fact that the niveis still hasn't been snappy with him. He only shook it off by smiling or smirking, either one of the two, or both at the same time. “Why does that not surprise me. You do seem like a sweet tooth. Not that it's a bad thing.” The sudden defensive stance he wore though, sparked questions even in himself. Why was he so bothered with trying to justify himself by any means when he clearly doesn't give a damn about it in the first place? Or did he? Maybe he doesn't want to get a bad first impression as usual, yeah that's what he told himself. Everyday. And yet it didn't change the slightest bit about him.

Scoffing lightly at the male, he shook his head and crossed his arms. “Yeah he can laugh. What, do you think I'm a literal ice? Granted that might be true.. Isn't Jack Frost usually playful and friendly? Most sources say he is. Or is that a myth?” Jack Frost in general is already a myth, he knows that, but there was this small part of him that wanted acceptance. He too, wanted friends and company. His life could get so dull and uninteresting, his daily interactions being grumbling and groaning. Not that he probably would have one with Yeon, but better trying out for his luck now than never. Being hospitable is nothing he should be ashamed of, besides, he did bring him here instead of leaving him alone in the streets. That's a bonus point for increasing his character.

“Never said narcissists aren't attractive. Being confident in general is a highly recommended trait. You get flocked by people because they wish to relish in your-” he paused momentarily in search for a word to phrase it. “contagious attraction that every just wants to feed from in plight of their mediocre self.” It was slightly nuanced if he was being honest, but he wouldn't go as far as to discredit that. Dae stated earlier that he appreciates everything that is beautiful in general, no matter what kind of manifestation it takes on. Hey, maybe that's why he's so bothered by Yeon, because he was panicking internally on just how easy it was for the stranger to pull him in without using any effort. Quirking an eyebrow, he gave Yeon a judgemental look that somehow never left him since the very beginning, it feels like it's his compulsory mask.

“Don't judge.. I can't handle the world sober most of the time. Today has been a bad day for me.” he grumbled grumpily, resembling a lot like a cat who's upset it didn't receive any treats. That was when he stole a not-so-subtle glance at the valkyr as soon as he finished his drink. “Well, almost all bad.” Either the alcohol is getting into his system and making him delirious or he's just more forward after being influenced by it. But considering how much of a strong drinker he is, it was likely it's just him. The elder Stormwind literally just implied that Yeon wasn't as bad as he'd made himself out to be. What? The valkyr wasn't the only one who could be completely shameless. He should feel offended that he just called him grumpy though, but strangely enough it only evoked a laugh from him. “Yeah, I get that. A lot. I'm starting to think it's the charms.” he stated smugly, only to finish another glass.

His eyes glazed over to the blond, his gaze being half-lidded as he took in his words. “I feel like a dick then. Since I don't cherish my second life as well as I would've. Not that there's much of it for me to explore in.. You don't get to utilize and make use of it that much when you used to be stuck in a tundra.” Granted, he had 40 years to think about the freedom he was given, the freedom that he so desperately desired the first time. Perhaps he's just given up and got tired of waiting for a miracle to jump-start his gears. There was only so much a person can do, afterall. An instant regret flashed in his eyes before dissipating when it was then replaced with a softer one. No wonder the male looked so young. At first he thought it was the babyish face but he should've known he probably wasn't even a legal adult yet when he died. Not at how he's shamelessly eyeing Yeon too.

“I'm sorry you had to go through all of that. That's an awfully young age to die at.” When Daehyun rolled up his sleeves to show more of his marks, he followed the other's gaze wandering from his wrist up to his arm. Truthfully it wasn't the marks on his arms that reminded him of his heritage, but rather the tattooed wings on his shoulder blades and the icy blue phoenix mark on his left chest, just around the area of where his heart lies. Dae gave Yeon a wry smirk and scoffed softly. At least he knew he wasn't wrong when he picked the valkyr as someone mischievous. “Well, I want a lot of things, Yeon. Can't even stop and choose even if I could.” Though it was clear at this point, the two of them were just teasing and riling one another, hoping to see what sparked up their reactions.

Daehyun squinted his eyes and gave a scrutinizing look at the blond when he saw the legs on top of the table. “Talk about manners maketh man.” he chided playfully but it doesn't look like it bothered him, if anything, his smirk only travelled upwards even more. “And no, please, the last thing we want to call ourselves as ice phoenixes. That's not original at all, though it's not our fault there's a new species being born out of us. We call ourselves niveis. Fancy name I know. Imagine all the ice puns people have made. Even my surname can attest to that.. Stormwind. Why did we even thought of that.” Honestly, he didn't even know. “I know you literally lie down like some drama queen on the bar counter but do I have to worry if you're going to display yourself on this one?” Shrugging absentmindedly, he tilted his head to the side. “Not that I'm complaining or anything.”

The smirk that graced the other male’s lips constantly drew Yeon’s attention, watching the way it curved in a confident and sexy way that had the valkyr focusing on his lips more often than he probably should have “Is there a type of person who has a sweet tooth now?” Yeon questioned with a tilt of his head “Or do you just think that I exude a sweet aura” he chuckled softly running his tongue over his bottom lip slowly and forcing himself to look away from the pale-haired male’s lips. It was very easy to get lost in the attractiveness of Daehyun, he’d always had a thing for the sultry but sarcastic types who liked to play hardball.

The blond valkyr raised his bows as Daehyun responded to his comments on laughter “Laughing just doesn’t seem to fit into that I don’t give a fuck part you like to play” he commented with slightly narrowed eyes, he believed he was reading this right “Well not real laughter anyway” he liked knowing that the other male did have a sense of humor though, behind the sarcasm seemed to be someone who was actually a decent person. Or at least that was the conclusion he’d come to, based on the fact that he was here and the other male hadn’t even tried to make a move on him and instead focused on sobering him up. If he was looking to take advantage, he was majorly slacking.

The younger male was pretty surprised to hear Daehyun quite openly admit that he found Yeonseok attractive, most people tended to be pretty coy with their words but he did find it incredibly hot when someone was upfront about those kinds of things "Confidence looks good on you Daehyun" Yeon complimented with a playful smirk, well he was pretty sure anything would look good on him considering he was currently owning the black leather, black pants look "Or maybe you just look good in general" he added his eyes trailing painfully slowly over Dae's body, there was no denying that Yeon liked what he saw, a lot. 

Yeon held his hands up in defense “Definitely not judging” he commented with a chuckle, he was hardly in the position to judge anyone else for drinking considering how fucked up he had gotten himself this evening, the coffee, however, had done its job of taking away that fuzzy feeling in his brain and brought back his usual personality. When Dae said his day was bad Yeon glanced down at his watch and smirked softly “Well good thing it’s almost over then” he commented with a cocky grin “Maybe your tomorrow will be better” Yeon wasn’t one to back down from forward comments, he relished in them, which meant the grin in his face stayed put when Daehyun implied the day wasn’t all bad because of him. “One of many I’m sure” Yeon commented running a hand through his blond locks, he wasn’t going to deny that he found a certain charm in the other male, the attractive confidence he held, the lingering stares that Yeon had noticed Daehyun giving him, it certainly had his attention.

Yeon shrugged a little when Dae said he felt like he didn’t cherish the life he currently had “Maybe that feeling is what you need to realize the error of your ways” he teased with a mischievous look in his eyes, phoenixes were immortal so he supposed that Daehyun had plenty of time to figure out what he wanted to use his life for, there was no deadline for making a second chance worth it when you were immortal “It’s not over until you’re six feet under so” his optimism was a flame that burned bright and while others tried to douse it, no one ever seemed to be able to make it burn out “Live a little, take charge” he gave a challenging look to the other male as he looked him directly in the eyes.

Yeon had to admit he was surprised by the next thing that came from the icy male caused his breath to hitch for a second, he hadn’t been looking for pity “Don’t be, I got a second chance” he’d done the wallowing part and it had truly sucked so he had eventually decided he didn’t want to feel like that anymore, didn’t want to think about his previous life and feel the tears sting in his eyes. Yeon wasn’t even subtle with the way his eyes wandered over Daehyun’s exposed skin, taking in every curve and muscle, stopping where the rolled up cloth began and almost pouting at the fact there wasn’t more to see.

“Well it’s no good wanting things if you aren’t willing to take them” the blond teased, shooting Daehyun a questioning look, this guy liked to talk to talk but Yeon was starting to think it was just that, talk. The valkyr, however, was a man of action, he wasn’t afraid to be upfront, if he got rejected then that was okay, plenty of fish in the sea as they say. He was enjoying the shameless back and forth going on between them though, the game of who might give in first evident between them both “I already ruined your floor, I think we’re far past manners” Yeon responded with raised brows and then purposely kicked the newspaper next to his foot off the table and onto the floor with a loud rustling.

That smirk was doing things to his head and internally he was cursing the damn table acting as a barrier which Daehyun could use as a shield “Niveis huh” he commented with a chuckle “Fancy indeed” he smirked a little, that wasn’t a species he’d heard of before but he’d learned long ago not to ever think he knew everything about the supernatural, because it would constantly surprise him. The valkyr gave a soft chuckle when he heard Daehyun’s surname “Well it’s elegant, I’ll give you that” and it rolled off the tongue pretty nicely too.

When Daehyun asked him whether he had to worry for the safety of his table Yeon smirked, well he did like a challenge “So it’s a show you want then?” Yeon gave a dry chuckle as he stared at the other male, well one of them had to follow through on their words so he supposed he’d lead the way. Without taking his eyes off the snowy-haired male he grabbed the coffee cup still on the furniture and moved it to the smaller table next to the couch and then he purposely moved backward, eyes towards the roof and laid himself down on the wooden table. He quirked his lips into a smirk as he turned his head to the side to meet the niveis’ gaze “You should learn quickly that putting ideas into my head is dangerous” the space between them was now minimal and if Yeon leaned enough he could touch the other man's knees.

Daehyun always had his eyes out to analyze every single movement the other male did, even when his eyes didn't stare all the time, it was one of the skills he procured back then that really he managed to make use of, even now. Though that was no saying that the niveis was being any subtle in staring if he wants to. It was clear that the two of them had no care in the world, because the art of subtlety is not their forte. Literally. Admittedly, the elder Stormwind enjoyed the attention he was getting from the valkyr, the way his eyes would linger around a tad bit longer than usual and how he's not even attempting to cover his advancements. Confident and narcissistic, is that really how Daehyun liked his attraction? Well, one thing is for sure; the abrasive niveis loves challenges and right now, Yeon is the epitome of one. It doesn't help when the blond is also devastatingly beautiful from every angle.

“There's always a type” he drawled, twirling with the family heirloom necklace that hung lowly around his neckline, the only reminder he had on his family and one his sister had too. “Oh, you definitely ooze the whole sweet and sour energy. Addicting and exciting. Two elements that mixed together to create a rowdy combination. Hard to miss.” Oh, Dae also can be quite a shameless guy when it comes to flirtation. Subtlety wasn't something he's good at, if he wants something or wanted to say something, he'll do it outright without any sugar coating in his part. He's a confident guy who knows what he wants. “I can still don't give a fuck and laugh at the same time without a bother, you know. That's the whole thing about not giving a fuck. You just don't” he scoffed, clearing his throat slightly before stretching out his limbs casually in front of the male. Okay, maybe Yeon needed to tone down the licking his lips part because he's really making things very hard for the snowy-haired male.

“I'm mildly offended that you think I'm not laughing genuinely. Everything about this-” he then gestured to a whole him. “-is 100% authentic and real, thank you very much.” He could also get cocky attitude times, depends on who his company is though. Around the blond, Dae had a feeling backing down and submitting wasn't something he can work on because he could find himself wanting to fire back at the latter every time he says something. If he'd put it this way, Yeon was kindling the fire in him. Shrugging shamelessly with a smirk present on his lips, he was liking the compliments, no doubt. “I always look good, I know. Glad you can see that” he winked playfully, not caring to hide anything anymore. His day has been incredibly boring until Yeon. Push aside the fact that he had to knock a guy out and damaged a private property.

While Yeon eyed him, he did the same, his dark hues training itself on his upper body until the bottom of his feet even. His hair looks very fluffy, presumably already drying up after the whole wet charade earlier at the club. He also looks a lot sober than before. At least it wasn't some drunken act that was leading him on tonight. He hated how superficial things can be sometimes. Quirking his eyebrows at the valkyr who's very forward, he hummed softly, bringing the same tune all around. “Perhaps. I could use a better morning and a reason to wake up feeling satisfied honestly. Had too many bad mornings lately it's not even funny” he grumbled, huffing slightly as he blew the strands of his platinum locks that covered his vision away. He knew just how suggestive the comment sounded even though he wasn't even playing the card. Oh well, it's all done anyways.

“There were times when I wished I am six feet under” he murmured audibly. “But I guess there are certain things to life that keeps it interesting. If I'm six feet under, wouldn't be able to meet you though, which would've been a bummer because you make a good company.” Here he is again, shamelessly flirting like no embarrassment was ever going to bother him because let's be real, it's not going to. Something in him flickered when he heard the valkyr telling him to take charge, which could honestly be interpreted both ways to him. “Oh I intend to. Don't worry.” And somehow, those words sounded so convincing, without any lace of snark in them.

Scoffing at the male once again, he swore his range of emotions shown to the valkyr were by the far the most complex he's ever been. A mixture of more than two, shocker. “For someone who's telling me to take charge, you're being highly hypocritical, don't you think?” Was he calling him out? Yep. “You've been eyeing me like an eagle would do to its prey, and as flattered as I feel, why do I feel like there's more to just that stare?” Two can play at the game, no way he was letting himself fall back out the line because he wasn't being transparent enough. Yeon kicking the newspaper off the table caused him to eye him scrutinizingly, but there were no hints of displeasure. “Should I be prepared to see if you're going to ruin a lot more than my floor and carpet like earlier? Does the table need any warning too? You seem to have something against it.” So does he. So does he..

Giving off the smug vibe, he shrugged again, this time a lot more exaggerated just for the sake of it. He even opted to raise both his hands in doing so. “I mean, I am a fancy guy. I guess it works.” Following the valkyr's words, his smirk only increased as he leaned back against his seat while still eyeing the male without a fail. His piercing gaze didn't want to go anywhere else. “I do enjoy a show, sure why not. You told me to live a little,” he purred. Surprisingly he was not even taken aback to see how quickly things changed and now the blond was literally laying on top of the table, so dangerously close to him. The smirk was making him feel things, goddammit. “Again, what's life without a little danger in it?” he leaned closer to his eye level licking his lips briefly. The space between them is limited, too close in proximity. “Isn't that the idea of living your life to the fullest?”

RSS

© 2024   Created by ✓ Ophelia Dreyvalian ~Admin~.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service