Collide (Open to Yeonseok, Hanseol, Jaesung and Daehyun) *Completed*

Four Months. It had been four months since Yeonseok had decided to take a chance on Hanseol Park. Yeon didn't know exactly what it was about Han that drew him in but from that day they had stuck quite the interesting friendship, mostly they just annoyed one another to death but it worked for them. For the most part, their meetings had been about trying track down the person behind the attack on Hanseol before they met, while Yeon hadn't been there himself he had managed to pry out of the celestial how worried he was for his own safety and the other celestials in the city and that had been enough to get him on board.

It hadn't been an easy investigation considering they had to work around Yeon's crazy and constantly changing schedule, he had seen more time on a plane in the past few months than he had in years before that, he didn't mind traveling but the constant flights with his travel sickness made things exhausting for him, work was slowly draining and considering he hadn't been able to get much relief lately he found himself getting pretty stressed and worked up over little things lately. He had become more and more snappy with the people around him, especially Han who was probably the person he talked to most, he did his best to rein it in when he found himself doing it but it was hard when the other male liked to talk about his significant other often and how happy the two of them were together.

Don't get Yeon wrong, he was happy for Hanseol and his significant other who he'd managed to get the name of after much pushing, Jaesung. Just because he didn't believe in the idea of love for himself didn't mean that he didn't think other people deserved happiness, it just kept reminding him of the fact that things were...difficult in the intimacy department right now. Since he had met that damn snowy-haired blond who had quite literally blown his mind and even now he still hadn't managed to pick up all the pieces. That wasn't Hanseol's fault though so he tried to control his aggravation around him.

But they had, in the time they had known each other and spent together, become pretty good friends, they talked about everything really, it didn't feel like there was a subject that was off limits between the two of them and some of their discussions got quite in depth and heated. Yeon had been pretty majorly involved in encouraging Hanseol and later helping with the expansion of his business, he had gotten the chance to look into how well the clinic was doing in Evermore and make suggestions on how to improve the place. They had many long car journeys together back and forth between Denver and Evermore on the weekends Yeon had free so that the blond valkyr could give input. But really it was also an excuse to spend time together and talk.

Having someone share his mind in a small part unfolded differently than he was expecting it to, he definitely thought he had taken up some of Han's tendencies to worry about other others more and despite not being particularly interested in animals before, he suddenly found himself wanting to stop people on the streets and ask to pet their dogs. The pain thing was a bit of an annoyance because the two of them weren't exactly gentle with themselves, especially when it came bedroom activities, it was hard to know what could be a real danger and what was simply collateral damage. Still, they had agreed on a certain spot on their body to use to communicate if they were in real danger, Yeon's was his right wrist, somewhere he could easily pinch but not somewhere he would typically feel any pain.

He honestly felt like having a Volakiri had been a good thing for him, it forced him to let someone in, he'd already learned pretty quickly that he couldn't lie to Hanseol, or rather, he could but the star would almost instantly be able to tell the insincerity in him. It wasn't without its challenges, they argued a lot because they had quite conflicting personalities and Yeon often pushed Hanseol to come out of his shell which could backfire if the star was feeling especially shy that day. It happened when they were around a lot of strangers usually. Han was stubborn too when his mind got onto something it was very hard to change it or make him see any different. Yeon was getting used to those traits in his friend though, he learned how to ease into topics with the star and to compromise. Most of all though, he found himself caring about the celestial. caring that he was safe and well, interested in hearing about his day or how things were going with Jae, invested in another person, which was very unlike him considering he never really let anyone in. With Han that felt easier though, maybe because they were linked now or maybe it was because he thought the celestial was a decent person.

He was tired as he made his way through the airport, passing through immigration and handing over his papers before collecting his suitcase from the turntable and headed out to the exit. Normally he would get an Uber or taxi back to the studio after a flight and get a nap in but Han had been texting him about some new information he'd found just before Yeon had gotten on the plane and blond had suggested they talk over what he found over a coffee once he got back into Evermore, which then became picking him up from the airport. He knew how much Han actually hated driving, most of the trips to Denver, Yeon had driven but the airport was only about a 30-minute drive from the city. When he got into the arrival lounge his eyes scanned through the crowd of people before they fell on Han, looking a little lost and grumpy at the back of the crowd.

Yeon shuffled his way through the people dragging his pretty compact suitcase behind him before he threw his arm around Hanseol's shoulder "Try not to look like someone just kicked your dog" he commented as he pulled the star along with him a half smile on his face. Despite the long flight and still feeling frustrated as hell, he was glad to be back in Evermore and this time he actually got to stay for a few weeks, the prospect of his own bed instead of hotels and not having to get up at 6 am to go to the airport was enough to tempt his mood to the brighter side. Plus, despite the fact he had just gotten off a plane, he looked good, dressed in black skinny jeans that fitted him perfectly, paired with a white button up and a red blazer, his hair was still it’s usual sandy blond color that he had kept for quite a long time now, he pulled his sunglasses out of his pocket and put them on, already noticing it was bright outside "Alright, I need coffee and I need it now, otherwise I will actually pass out" the valkyr stated leading the way even though he had no idea where Hanseol parked the car.

Views: 1013

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

If Jae hated crying, then Hanseol hated it tenfold. The last thing he ever wanted to witness is Jae crying, much less if it was because of him. He couldn’t fathom the pain the dhampir must’ve felt when he saw him with the blond valkyr earlier. Granted, they were touchy with one another, and the celestial wasn’t exactly the type to say no to affectionate gestures when it comes to people he’s comfortable with, and Yeon is definitely that. All the regrets of keeping this a long while secret came crashing him like how strong the sea waves would beat the dangerous waters. The hurtful look Jae sent his way made it a lot worse than before. Where did he decide to screw everything up? Was it really over 4 months ago? That long? Now that he’s thought of it, he pondered how he was even able to keep this big of a secret from his own boyfriend who seems to know everything about him, down to the small tidbits like how he sneezes or how he would scrunch up his nose because he wasn’t amused.

No wonder the other male was utterly upset, blood sharing is an intimate gesture, and both of them knew that it was why Jae never took blood from him, fearing the worst backlash it’ll set. Finding out his significant other, his partner for months-long has shared blood with another, a valkyr no less, and kept it from his knowledge during the entire period of them dating, must’ve hurt a lot more. A spark of realization came over the celestial when the first word came out of Jae; he’s right, Hanseol has been giving nothing but excuses every time he tried to justify the reasoning behind his secrets, but is he justifying this, right now? Not exactly. All he wanted to do now is to make up to the blue-haired male but knew it was a difficult road to trudge if he’s going to ever get him for forgiveness. “I just didn’t want you to worry over it…” he mumbled, his voice gradually get slower and it was barely audible had it not been to only the two of them in the alley that brought the echoed voices around.

Right now, every word that Jae sent was cutting him because unfortunately, the star wasn’t able to provide a good explanation for it, in the end. It was at that moment when he also noticed the way the air feels like it was cut halfway and short. He’s stressed again, and it was a matter that he couldn’t let go as easily as those nights where he would have Jae reassuring him it’s okay to forget and let go. It’s not okay when it comes to this, and he’s not going to have his dhampir by his side doing the same consolation now, or ever again if he truly screwed this 100%. The way his chest would tighten made him feel nauseous since there wasn’t quite as enough air in his lungs, at the moment and the worst thing is that Jae could definitely see it and Han wasn’t about to let this somewhat health condition restrain him from doing what needs to be done.

The fallen star spared an awestruck look towards the dhampir before him because secretly he knew; at the end of the day, this was all because he couldn’t come to terms with himself and allowed the paranoia to overpower him once again and make his decisions based on it. This is all him, and he didn’t know how to fix it. His head is blank and all he’s feeling now is hope being robbed of him. Despite the sentiment not being something new, this felt like a whole fresh feeling that was snatched away. This wasn’t just hope taken away like all those lonely nights in the cell, this was more; this was his most beloved person losing all trust in the celestial. “All this time, I thought you would be the one who would get angry at me, but in the end, it’s just me and my thoughts, my stupid thoughts…” he sniggered, as harshly and cruel as it sounds to him, it’s ironic. Strangely enough, he’s actually laughing, but the pained expression and the tears tainting his cheeks made it clear that he was nowhere near happy or amused. It’s supposed to be a painful laugh of realization and Hanseol had managed to make it sound very convincing.

“No, it’s not you, it’s really me. Jokes on me because I’m the one who’s been overthinking this and that, as usual,” A thought occurred to him, wondering if he’s ever going to stop worrying over everything. “I’ve been worrying over the smallest thing since forever because that’s all I’ve known for decades, and the fear ate me up in the end because I allowed it to. So if anything, this is a natural representation of a weak guy, which is me” he concluded, not leaving one room of hint in justifying what he did. He’ll own up to this. It’s his fault, so he’ll...take in the consequences. As long as it’s not the dhampir leaving him, that’s not an option he could even think of. The moment Jae snapped got him flinching again, and he wasn’t even intending for it to show. He’s never had Jae this angry at him, they were in a good place, there wasn’t any reason why they would get mad at one another on this big of a scale. But somehow, with all of the emotions running wild in him without being filtered and sorted, he’s once again prone to strong outbursts, which led him to scoff, showing how dissatisfied he was.

The celestial didn’t even make any attempts to even answer why he didn’t tell him before because there was nothing he could say that would possibly make everything better. “Nothing is going to fix this…” he muttered, no apology would make up for it. He’s made his bed, and he’ll proceed to sleep in it. But he only needed to know, if one day, he’ll be able to scrap this memory away, and he’s sure he’ll be able to, only if the dhampir remained close. He could see how ashamed Jae was from earlier, his anger management issues had become a very serious and sensitive topic that Han made sure not to venture around poking in it. “I just need a minute-” he hiccuped and took a seat next to the dhampir, leaning his back against the cool wall, with his gaze still fixated on his boyfriend. After one minute of regaining his breath again, he lets out a heaved sigh. “I know it might not make you feel better, but if you needed someone to punch or to release your pent up frustration, I’m here...I deserve it, you know.” He didn’t mind as long as no one else got hurt, that punch sounded painful and he knew if he winced, his Volakiri would suffer tenfold from it.

“What do I do...what can I do? I can’t… I can’t exactly break whatever I have with Yeon but it’s not worth losing you... “ If it was possible to break the bond between them for Jae, would he have done it? Guiltily enough, he would actually have a hard time choosing because while he didn’t want to lose Jae, he also didn’t want to lose Yeon. “I don’t want to lose either one of you… I know I'm selfish in wanting that, but if this is what being selfish feels like, then I want to be selfish.”

“Worry about it?” Jae exclaimed as he ran his hands through his hair from frustration “Why is it always about worrying, it’s my fucking job to worry about you Han, it’s quite literally what I signed on for.” Jae sighed burying his face in his hands “You have to stop living in this fantasy world where you think you can just bury your head and it will go away, this was supposed to be real” he paused going silent for a moment when he realized he’d use the word was. He tensed his jaw a little as he tried to push away the anger he was feeling and calm himself down but it was hard to do because of how long he had been burying his frustration about this issue. He thought he’d finally gotten through to Han the night he found out about his nightmares...knowing he still lied to him even that day hurt all the more.

He knew his words were harsh, he knew he wasn’t giving Hanseol a lot of time to process and respond to what he was saying, his head was working on overdrive and spitting all of the things that came to mind without filtering them or thinking about how they made Hanseol feel. Maybe a small part of him wanted Hanseol to understand just how much this hurt him, how much it hurt him every time this happened and the star said it wouldn’t happen again and it did. And the worst part was knowing he’d already given the star a second chance and he’d done nothing with it, just got better at hiding things if anything. Jae couldn’t make him change but he wasn’t sure he could stay around knowing he’d do it again either.

And it hurt because Jae had done nothing but be upfront with the celestial, he told him about everything in his life, he’d talked about his parents and the kinds of people they were, he’d told him about Daehyun when they met because he knew that Han was a little insecure when it came to that and he wanted him to know there was nothing to worry about. But after Han had told him he wouldn’t lie to him anymore and now did, he wasn’t sure how he was supposed to believe anything he said to him “Oh believe me I’m angry” he spit out harshly, he was angry that nothing he seemed to do was enough for anyone, he was never enough for anyone and that hurt so badly, he finally thought he’d found someone he could be totally and completely himself with and now he’d discovered they’d been hiding parts of their life from him, how was he supposed to get past that?

He listened to the way Hanseol explained it all, about how his mind worked and what had caused his reaction but Jae was so on edge and upset that it all just sounded like excuses, he’d heard enough of those already, he didn’t want to hear them anymore, he just wanted things to have gone right in the first place. He wanted his boyfriend to care about his feelings enough to put them first sometimes instead of trying to protect him like he was a child who couldn’t make his own decisions or handle his own emotions “Stop” he cried out as he shook his head back and forth “Stop, just stop making excuses for it” he begged him because it was just making Jae feel worse about it all. He started shaking a little from the emotions that were taking over him. When Han flinched at his abrupt way of speaking he sucked in a long, emotional breath, they had both made promises to get past their issues and today both of them had broken their promises. That made them both liars.

“Nothing you say is going to fix this” Jae reiterated his words “Because I don’t trust your word anymore Han, how can I when every time you tell me things will change they don’t?” he sniffed as he lifted his hands to cross, clutching his own shoulders, a sign of the stress he was feeling over it all “And the worst part of it is knowing that you don’t trust me” he nodded a little “If you did then you would have told me about this” Jae was still choking over his words as they talked, he was more upset than he was angry now because he knew what all of this was going to eventually mean and he didn’t know how to break that news to Hanseol, he didn’t know how to tell him it and honestly, he wasn’t ready to break his own heart doing so. They sat in silence as they leaned against the wall, both processing their feelings and emotions for a little while and then Han spoke. Jae shook his head a little “I don’t want to hurt anyone, I hate losing control like that, I don’t even feel like myself” he admitted as he peered down at his bloody knuckles and then closed his fist.

Jae stared forward as he listened to Han talk, every time he brought up the valkyr’s name all he could think about was the two of them sharing blood and the feelings they would have both had while doing so, for a valkyr it was even better than it was for a dhampir, so much so that it could be addictive and hated the thought of the other male doing that with Hanseol. The frustration returned as Han posed it like it was a choice between the two of them, just when he thought they were getting into their problems and how to solve them, the other guy just kept sneaking back into the conversation “Every time we’re together now, all I’m gonna be able to think about is this” he admitted as he stared down into the pavement “I’m not sure I’m going to be able to get that image out of my head and it’s already driving me nuts” he pressed his hand against his temple and sighed.

“I think we…” his lip quivered as he went to speak and the words came out as a choked mess as he hugged his knees to his chest “I think we need to realize that this isn’t going to work without trust and” he kept pausing because it was making him physically sick to say because he loved Hanseol so much and felt so much for him that he didn’t know how to breathe without him sometimes “I can’t do this anymore Han, I can’t keep waiting for you to decide that I’m worthy enough of your trust and I can’t handle knowing someone else is” it didn’t matter whether he’d slept with Yeon or bitten him or just talked to him, it was about the fact that someone else got the full and complete version of his boyfriend and it wasn’t him, it was about knowing that this was only going to make his temper worse and him being scared of what he might do or who he would hurt.

Daehyun had his own rules, most of them comprised of ethic codes and the likes since the elder Stormwind believes in mannerisms. After all,  manners does maketh man. He lives up to that, it's one of the sayings that he actually believes in and had high hopes for. He has never violated any one of them, not a single dent made to his rule book, until that night. To be fair, he never stated he's only open for a one time thing when it comes to pleasuring his hedonism tendencies, mainly because it's clear that Daehyun Stormwind does not have any self control when it comes to those things. Well, he does like to love it simple, relieving himself of the stress the world had given him and move on to the next day. What's not to understand about it?

But what does trigger him is the fact that it would become a frequent thing. Don't get him wrong, if they're able to bring him the same amount he gave them, he's all open to the sorts of suggestions in the near future, but as long as there are boundaries established and lines not to be crossed by either one of the two parties. No strings attached because he doesn't do relationships and the last thing he needed was some girl, or guy, clinging onto him like he's obligated to show them the romantic kind of affection boyfriends show. That's just not him, not because he's not good at expressing his feelings, which is honestly quite true, but simply because the niveis doesn't give a damn about appeasing whatever fantasies they have in that head of theirs. Yet, here he is, sitting just across the same guy who has not left his head for 4 months and successfully and indirectly caused a stop to his carnal desires. Technically, it's not that he ruined the mood, but more to no one else being able to measure up to the valkyr who left a mind-blowing impact on him.

4 months is a lengthy period for him, and if things were up to him, he would've dragged the blond with him that's anywhere but here and have his way with him. The snowy-haired male has always been a slave to temptations, god he's just weak and bad at them. One slate and he's on his feet, ready to comply to its every demands. And right now, the source to all of his pent up temptation that's mostly lust, is currently in the reincarnation of a blond valkyr. Though, admittedly, their friendship with the couple would prove to be a difficult thing to look past, but that's a problem for another day. “And the same goes for Jae. That boy is in love with the celestial all the same. Today was about starting a new chapter in their lives, a more serious and probable one. I would hate to see it fall to the ground without working on it… “ After all, Dae did not spend months just telling the dhampir to go for it when it comes to moving, it was clear he wanted to establish a bigger and more stable ground on their relationship, so what's all the ruckus about? Just move in.

Today's incident, however, would most likely change that outcome if the two won't work something out before the day ends. Hearing that the valkyr is also not a believer of love, he wasn't surprised since he appears to be that kind of guy and he could very well relate to that. “I get it. Love is too complex, you don't even know what it is, and perhaps my life is just deprived of it, but I won't believe it until I see it. But what they have, it's something that's not meant to be just temporary. And the last thing I want is to have Jae broken hearted because he's a good kid and doesn't deserve any of this mistreatment.” Maybe he's biased, but that dhampir is his best friend, why wouldn't he throw everything down just to make sure he'll have a prosperous future to live by? Narrowing his dark piercing hues at the male who suggested for them to settle it with a consensus, he couldn't fight on that. What's the point. It wasn't as if their words would change the ultimatum to their relationship, anyway. At the end of the day, it’s up to those two.

Thankfully the valkyr stopped rubbing his thumb over his lip, because had he done that a few seconds longer, then Dae wasn't sure what self control is anymore. He didn't even realize he had let out a relieved breath upon seeing that. Now that he had a better outlook on the male's physical appearance, his confidence and charms loved up to it, boosting every branch out with ease. The way his hair is styled, despite having a slightly messy look from his journey, still looked fabulous, and if memory serves him right, he recalled how it's one of his favorite spots to run his hands on. He couldn't even get started on those eyes that could change his aura and demeanor in less than a second, and god, those lips; that plump luscious lips. It was unfair. A man shouldn't be able to look like this and expect no retaliation from others, especially concerning the control department. “Yeah, you didn't seem to like coffee the last time either,” he stopped himself from saying the half ended words that went a little like ‘but you were not complaining when you're overwhelmed by the taste when we kissed’ because control, he still held on to whatever control he thinks he still has within that slender body of his.

“Don't get all defensive on me, it wasn't supposed to mean anything. I just said that I don't know you or that star, so I can't make my judgements just as authentic,” he rolled his eyes in annoyance. “but that still doesn't stop me from actually judging you from first impression glance. I was just saying that you seem like a brick wall of emotions and since I can't comment on that without sounding like a hypocrite, I'll stop there.” Okay, fine, part of why he wanted to punch him was also because he wanted to get mad at him for causing his distressed and repressed state for the past few months, even though it was none of his fault directly. “Are you calling me an idiot too, then?” he arched a questioning brow in exclamation, daring the valkyr to say a word more regarding that topic. “I spent my entire life not trusting anyone except my sister and my chief, and Jae's quite literally the only one who's earned my respect and trust, does that make me an idiot before, then?” While he knew Yeon didn't mean it to be offensive, Daehyun couldn't help but to snap.

“But you don't see me whining about it. So it doesn't excuse what he did.” Something tells him that he might not like the celestial that much after what he's done today. Following those words on saying how he's a touchy guy, Daehyun scoffed and pushed his cup away. “Your whole existence is like a sex god reincarnate, and you expect me to believe that-” He clamped his mouth shut and widened his eyes when he realized he wasn't speaking to himself, but rather to the guy in front of him, who was also not supposed to hear that. This is why you always filter your words, Daehyun. “What I mean to say is that nobody wouldn't expect you to have… whatever sexual relation with him with the way you act with each other.”

Yeon was fighting with his own mind as he looked back at Daehyun, it was a really strange mix of emotions he was feeling as he looked at him, frustration and anger because it if wasn’t for him he wouldn’t have been a snappy and mean for the past few months where he had quite literally tried everything to get the snowy-haired male out of his mind. Yeon didn’t do relationships of any kind, never had, he’d almost had a boyfriend once before he died, but after he had become a valkyr he had buried that and the very prospect of it 6 feet under. He didn’t need someone telling him what he was supposed to do with his life or how he was supposed to act, he had zero interest in doing the getting married and having kids routine and honestly, he just didn’t want to have someone relying on him. But Yeon knew if he let it happen with Dae again then he’d want it to happen again over and over. Did that make him weak? He hated that anyone was able to gain that much control over him.

It was clear from the way they both talked about their friends that they wanted the best for them in a strange way, they were both loyal to their respective closest friends in different ways but the sentiment was the same “You really care about him huh?” Yeon commented as his eyes flicked up towards him with a soft smile, he knew that feeling. It actually physically hurt him inside right now to know how much Hanseol must be kicking himself and questioning everything he had ever done. It was a mistake, a big mistake albeit but a mistake nonetheless, not one worth ruining all the happiness they had together for. Whenever Han would talk about Jae he would always light up a literally, quite literally sometimes and it made the valkyr happy just seeing it, he had never doubted how much the celestial must have cared for the other male even if he didn’t believe in love for himself.

The usual response that Yeon got when he told people that he didn’t believe in love was something along the lines of you just haven’t met the right person yet or he’ll understand one day but the valkyr wasn’t sure he wanted to understand, seeing what Han and Jae were going through today he wasn’t sure he wanted to experience it, it caused a lot of a pain and it was complicated and messy. “Guess we agree on some things then” he spoke as he met the Niveis’ eyes. Yeon didn’t really take in too much about his personality when they first met because it was supposed to be a one-time thing but seeing him today, he seemed like a very caring person, despite the fact that he hid it behind a cold persona. They were similar that way, except the picture the blond decided to paint to the world, was more along the lines of an outgoing and crazy party guy. Might as well just live up to people’s stereotypes than try and fight them right? “Neither of them deserves to be hurt, not over this” he admitted with a shake of his head.

Yeon kinda liked the fact that he had such an impact on the Niveis, it made him feel better about the fact he had been fighting over the idea of what was a good night for months, at least the person he was obsessing over also remembered it the same way he did. It would have been so much worse if he’d been fantasizing over a guy who thought he was terrible this whole time. They both took a little time to drink in one another’s appearance, unlike the night they met, Yeon was actually quite well-groomed and felt sexy today. Daehyun, however, looked almost exactly the same way Yeon remembered him, even better perhaps. The Niveis was so hot that everyone else in the room just completely paled to him. He found his eyes flicking down to the snowy-haired male’s lips and bit his tongue inside his mouth, he remembered what those lips could do very well. Vividly even. Oh god he was so fucked, he realized as he forced his gaze away “I’ve never liked coffee, not sure why I thought today was different” he smirked slightly “I remember you being pretty fond of it though” the taste of it on both their lips had been overwhelming the first time they kissed and the second time….and the third….

Yeon looked up at him and shook his head a little, he tried his best not to pass judgment on anyone he didn’t know, he didn’t care what people thought or said about him much, he had been called nearly every name under the sun “Or maybe refrain from judging people you don’t know at all?” he suggested with raised brows, you didn’t see him shaming Dae for the fact he was friends with Jae, nor suggesting they were anything more. “Pretty sure that’s me calling myself an idiot too” he admitted with a shrug of his shoulder “Never been good at taking my own advice, but hey, maybe it’ll work for you” he gave an amused chuckle shaking off the male’s snappiness with him, Yeon didn’t really want to argue, he’d already been punched once today and that was plenty enough for him. It made him realize that even if Jae and Han did make up the dhampir was probably always going to hate him. “None of us are perfect Dae, especially not in a high-pressure situation like that” he nodded a little.

“Of course it doesn’t” he responded honestly “If I’d known he was hiding this I would have made him tell a long time ago” he admitted before he watched Dae scoff and push his coffee away from him. The next words he spoke made the valkyr open his mouth a little in shock of what he heard him saw and he hummed softly, enjoying the compliment despite the fact it was accidentally spoken “Jesus Christ Dae I don’t fuck everything that moves” he spoke a little louder than he’d intended to and gained him a few curt glances from those around him, he sighed softly relaxing into his chair “Look.” he spoke boldly “Hanseol’s not my type okay, he couldn’t handle someone like me, no one really can, that’s why one night is enough, if I keep someone around longer then they’re a friend” his gaze wavered which might hint to Daehyun that Yeon was suggesting he might be an exception to that.

Just like how he had flinched earlier in the cafe when he heard that curse word coming out of Jae's mouth, it happened again. It wasn't just the word itself, hell, even he had plenty of time cursing at others secretly, but he's never ever used it in front of Jae before, not when he's meaning it the other way around. They have never been this mad at one another and now it's slowly unveiling their pent up frustrations that's always been there for months long. For Han, who's been keeping this huge secret throughout the entire period of their relationship, to reveal it made him feel like a weight was just lifted off his shoulder, but the reaction was exactly what he pictured, no, it was even worse. Seeing the frustration marring his boyfriend's features made him worried that this wasn't going well, something was going to happen if they didn't fix this, if he doesn't fix this. But the problem still remains, how exactly is he going to fix

He didn't say a word, he kept his mouth shut because he didn't want to say the wrong words, he would never be able to forgive himself if things blow over. Little did he know, that's exactly what's going to happen and that is exactly what he's about to do. The celestial fluttered his eyes closed briefly while hearing those hurtful words from his own dhampir, the guy he would've given everything up for. He may as well offer his heart out for him to stab with his daggers, at this point. Was he living in a fantasy world? Is that what Jae really thought of him? Like a cord that just got struck violently, the fallen star clenched his jaw and tried to refrain himself from leaning towards his outburst there. He's better than this, he has the control to keep this behind the doors, he has to. The celestial would just say nothing because it's easier to give Jae the time to let out what he has to say, until he heard that.

Staring at his boyfriend like he just got stabbed multiple times, there was nothing that could fathom how broken hearted Hanseol felt. “Ar-are you giving up on me? You told me you wouldn't give up on me… you said-,” It felt like those tears were never-ending. But Hanseol does have every reason to cry and mourn over this, it's the best thing that's ever happened to him. He can't just act like it doesn't bother him. “-you said even if I'm left alone, I wouldn't be truly alone because you would never leave me.” Everything felt like it just crashed down, breaking them into millions of pieces that will take forever to assemble and piece up. “Just because you signed up on it, doesn't mean you have to entail yourself to it. Do you think I want to give you a hard time? Do you think I want to burden you, Jae?” With every word, his voice got louder and it was beginning to take up the space in the alley. Despite being sad about this entire thing, Hanseol is also aggravated and frustrated by how things turned out.

“And living in fantasy world? Is that how you really thought of me? That I was this clueless stupid guy who just couldn't get a grasp of reality and wished to live a happy path for his second chance at living? Was it that bad that I wanted to know how it feels like to live without having to fear anything anymore?!” He had no idea where all the anger and rage came from, but it wasn't walking away anything soon, he knows that and strangely enough, he also wanted Jae to know that. “All I ever wanted was to live a life where I don't have to fucking run away every week! Where I don't have to sneak myself here and there and retrace my steps so I wouldn't be leaving anything for people to track me down with. If wanting to have a worthwhile life before I eventually disintegrate from this world to be forgotten by others is fictional to you, then it's clear you never understood me, in the first place.”

Shaking his head in retaliation, he sucked in a deep breath and scoffed at the blue-haired male. “But how could I ever wish for you to understand what it feels like. You've never known fear until you stare death in the face.” Seeing him cry, his heart was trying very hard to cope with not being able to hug him and console him, while most part just wants Jae to listen to him for a change. As he placed around back and forth, he didn't even spare the dhampir a moment to speak. “Tell me honestly, would you really try to swallow everything up and pretend it's okay for me to have a bond with a valkyr? Who, by the way, is actually a good guy who's done nothing but help me.” He couldn't help it, there was this part of him that feels compelled to defend his Volakiri, and no it wasn't just the bond, it's their friendship as a whole. “Let me tell you what would be your answer, it's a no. Let's be real here, you would have never accepted it. Knowing your boyfriend shared a bond with another guy, who would always know everything before you, even if it wasn't intentional. Would you really be able to allow yourself to be treated that way? No. You won't. You would leave me the first chance you get, just like what you're doing to me right now” he gritted his teeth, and huffed before slowly getting back up on his feet and face the dhampir.

He's utterly mad right now, he can't even believe he was crying before and he's crying now, and the worst part is that Hanseol wasn't even sure if these tears are tears of sadness or rage. “Which is stupid, because my friend didn't even bite me, to begin with, I consented, he gave me a razor so I can cut myself and it was brief. I was against the idea, and was willing to even defy my own Wayfinder because I know it would feel like I'm cheating on you. But unlike the fantasy world that you think I'm living in, this is my reality. The truth is I'm never going to get to live a normal life without worrying if someday, someone is going get me and use me until they suck me dry and then kill me for their personal gain,” he scowled, eyes narrowed into slits as he stepped forward to meeting the other male's gaze. “You know what else would hurt more? That if the timeline changed, my existence would be forgotten, you would forget about me and you won't even have control over. But of course, seeing as you have no problem in forgetting about me, I guess it wouldn't have mattered, would it?” Lowering his gaze momentarily, he leaned closer until there were just a few centimeters separating them.

“Are you sure you knew what you signed up for? Because it doesn't sound like it.”

Jae knew the two of them were letting their emotions get the best of them and yelling things they didn’t mean but he’d held this down for so long and just been silent about it that now that it was finally showing light he couldn’t stop himself. Even though it was killing him on the inside and that it hurt worse than grabbing his heart and ripping it apart into pieces. Jae was frustrated, frustrated that even now Hanseol was just holding back on his words, not giving him a single thing in return, not trying to fix it or really try to understand why he always did this. They were in a relationship, they were supposed to be life partners who relied on each other but how could they be when Han just dived to face it all alone at every turn. That’s why in his mind this was never going to work.

He spoke the words and with tear-filled eyes, he instantly wanted to take them back the moment he saw Hanseol’s reaction, the star was staring at him like he had just ripped his heart out of his chest right in front of him and maybe he had. The words seemed to snap something in the celestial who opened the floodgates of the things he wanted to say all of a sudden. With each new thing, Jae felt different emotions wrack through him, affecting him in different ways and he watched the celestial, shaking his head with each new set of words he spoke. When Jae had told Hanseol he wouldn’t leave him behind he truly believed the two of them were on top of the world, that they could fight anything together. He never thought the very person to hurt him like this was the very person who meant the most to him.

Jae had never seen Hanseol get angry before, not like this and he wasn’t sure if it frightened him or relieved him. For so long he had been scratching the surface looking for something real, he had done everything he could to be supportive and help Hanseol to believe in himself the way he did. He found himself recoiling with everything Hanseol said until he finally finished with his question. The dhampir stood there, almost in disbelief, facing him and trying to process everything he was feeling at that moment. He was hurt and he was angry. Jae swallowed and pressed his hands together.

“There it is right there” he spoke bitterly with a shake of his head “It’s always someone else to blame right” Jae spoke in disbelief, it always came down to this, it was about Hanseol and his inability to move past his own pain and be happy and it became clear now that no matter how much Jae wanted to help him or begged him to let him in that he just didn’t want to, he was too stubborn to understand that someone might just want to help him “You know Hanseol you can’t blame every damn problem you have on your past, at some point you have to stand up and realize that you fucked up, not your past or your paranoia or the people who screwed you over back then, you” Jae shook his head almost snarling at the end of his words as he took a step back, he just wanted to distance himself from the celestial right now because he could feel his emotions swirling around in his chest.

Jae was furious, running a frustrated hand through his hair “I have tried, so hard to understand everything you had been through, I never pushed when you asked me not to go in that damn room, I let it go when you basically brushed me off every time I brought up Denver, I never even asked you what your damn nightmares were about because I saw how much they hurt you” he wiped at his eyes “Don’t tell me that I didn’t try Han, don’t you dare try and push this on me and tell me that I wasn’t enough” he stopped for a moment panting for lack of breath “Because that just makes you like everyone else and I really thought you would understand, you would see how hard that I’ve been trying for you” his voice faltered again, barely managing to stay stable as he talked, Jae’s whole body was trembling from the emotions he was feeling and honestly, he didn’t even know how he was standing right now.

“I would have grinned and dealt with it for you” he answered honestly as he looked at him “Because I love you so fucking much and all I wanted to do was make you happy, I would have dealt with it because I know how scared you are and I would have wanted you to have anything that took even 1% of that pain away from you” he shook his head a little “But look what I’m doing to myself in the process Han” he held up his hand which was still bleeding because even his healing was going to take a while to make a dent on this one “I am killing myself on the inside trying to bury all this down because I thought maybe if I loved you enough then I could take some of your pain away too” he was breathing really heavily as though he may break down crying any moment “But I can’t” he spoke in a much softer tone “I’m not the person you turn to when things get hard and if it has to be him then…” he sniffed a little “Then it’s him, just don’t expect me to sit around on the sidelines playing second place” that was the thing, Jae loved him enough that if Yeon was the person who made Han feel safe and stronger then he wouldn’t stop him, Jae always put other people’s happiness before his own, always had.

“But I think I deserve better than second place and that’s me being selfish this time” Jae spoke softly, his eyes dropping to the ground, he knew how scared Hanseol was of people coming after him, he’d seen glimpses of it, he’d seen the research he’d been doing on the person who he was attacked by, unable to let it go, it was probably the cause of his nightmares. Jae hadn’t brought it up because he hoped the celestial would one day come to him and ask for his help with finding them and Jae would have jumped on board in a heartbeat. He hated to think it, but the dhampir had a suspicion he knew who Hanseol was talking about it with. “I wanted to worry with you Han, I wanted to be the person you turned to when things got hard, I would have been there for you and I never would have judged you” he swallowed hard “Why” that was when he broke down crying, clutching his chest as he dropped down to his knees “Why wasn’t I enough…” he sobbed into his arm which he used to cover his face.

The reason for his months long frustration is sitting just across him, with only a few decent meters separating them from one another. Hell, if Dae had moved his leg from underneath the table even the slightest, it would eventually connect itself with the valkyr's polished shoes. He should be angry, well, to be fair, he's enraged by the fact that he wasn't able to finish off his thought and issues despite the reason for his miserable life for the past 4 months displaying itself to him, ready for the taking. Did he think seeing Yeon again would change anything? No. Okay, fine, perhaps he does feel slightly hopeful that Yeon would provide him with a few solutions to get rid of this pent up frustration inside him that's been bugging the niveis for long that it had made him more grumpy and aggressive than usual. And let's be real, usual Daehyun Stormwind is already considered quite the aggressive and grumpy guy within his own rights.

One poke and he'll break every finger you poked him with without so much as sparing a glance your way, afterward. But how come he's growing more restless and jittery the longer he sits here with the blond? His feet keep thumpering the floorboards that he was sure, with the valkyr's enhanced senses, would no doubt be able to hear every single thump. But much like the other male could hear his feet shuffling and moving like it was trying to run away from this awkward situation between them, Daehyun couldn't also hear the tapping of the blond's fingers. Would he take a chance with him today? And finally find the answer to his problems and possibly end this once and for all? The temptation is real, he had to hold on to his hands so it wouldn't wander off to that guy unconsciously.

All his life, he's never had this problem, in his 40 years of venturing the world, he's never encountered this kid of problem, Yeon was the first and hopefully the last, because if this continues, then Dae wasn't sure what to make of his future. If he has one, but still. “Of course, I care about him. He's my best friend. And even if I beat him up most of the time, which by the way, is fully operational on sparring lessons and completely unintentional, I would do anything to ensure his happiness. He's still young, he has a lot to look forward to, in his youth. I feel like it's a shame he had to know how cruel the world is at such a young age.” Seeing that smile on the valkyr made his breath hitch, but not in the I just fell in love at first sight kind of feeling, more to him being caught by surprise to see how pretty that smile adorns his features. He looks more refined with that smile, it almost made him look… real.

“I may not believe in whatever kind of love those two are raving on about, but I do know they deserve each other. Jae's been happy ever since, and even though I've only known him for a few months, it's evident that he would do anything for the celestial. If he's willing to sacrifice that much, don't they deserve to have another chance at this?” Despite being quite standoffish on every matter on hand, the elder Stormwind is actually pretty experienced in the all around advice department. He speaks, and perhaps he means it, but that could also be due to his readings and whatnot. When he met Yeon that night, he was supposed to be that guy who gave him an amount of pleasure that no one could ever amount up to. The snowy-haired niveis wasn't aware that he would then start comparing and it wasn't even funny when the comparison starts and the mood eventually drops halfway, why? Because at the end of the session, that girl or guy would never be able to give him what he received from that valkyr.

Dae could easily pinpoint his location whenever he wants to, that's a part of his abilities as a competent spy, but his pride would not allow him to jeopardize it. Besides, he didn't want to come off as stalkerish, hello, that's just way too off. But would he put himself past the asking again stage? After what he's endured? No. And something tells him, he wouldn't have to coerce him like hell to get into it, much to his delight. “If you're going to stare, at least make an attempt to be subtle. Oh wait, I forgot you don't roll that way” he snickered, replacing those pouty lips to that of a smug smirk. “You never pulled away the first time… or the second…and you know how the numbers work. I figured you'd tolerate them.” Just because he pointed out the blond in not being single in his advancements, doesn't mean he's claiming himself to be a master at it. Daehyun is an all around shameless guy. “I'd try to, but at the end of the day, I feel this tug to do it either way. Maybe I'll hurt their feelings, but after I acknowledge it, then I'll apologize. Sincerely, too.” He's big of respect too. If people don't respect each other, it's going to be hard to work their way through.

Okay, that was uncalled for, probably. But he couldn't refrain himself from taking a chance to jab at the valkyr. “Oh, you don't? So you do find me worthy of your standards that night, then.” Hey, if he's gonna get rid of this problem, he needs to go around it, either way. “Who is your type, then? I mean, just curious. Don't actually wanna make this sound awkward than it already does so... And what the hell do you mean by being able to handle you, are you cursed or something?” Shameless. That, he is.

Yeon knew almost nothing about Daehyun, hell he hadn’t even managed to get a surname out of him and yet he just had to be the person that the valkyr found himself stuck on. He’d literally tried everything he could think of, short of hunting the Niveis down and demanding to know what the hell he had done to his head. Both of them were frustrated as hell, he could hear Dae rhythmically drumming his food on the floor in the same way that he was tapping his fingers against the table, as though he could force down the feelings he was having inside with a nervous tick, it wasn’t really helping at all, in fact it was making him more annoyed at the fact he had to resort to doing so in order to stop himself from launching himself at him.

It was nice to see that there was an actual person under that persona he had first met, if anything it made him more attractive to know that not only was he drop-dead gorgeous and completely unbeaten with his skill in the bedroom, he was also a good person who cared about those he let in. Yeon sucked in a long breath, the longer he spent here the more his rules were fading away and literally all he could think about was where he could go to be alone with the Niveis “Yeah well I feel the same way about Hanseol, I uh…” he shrugged keeping it vague “I never really had close friends before they made me meet with him” he admitted with a shrug “If I’d told myself I’d actually end up wanting to keep someone around then I probably would have laughed it off” well...if they had mutual friends they were going to see each other around right? It seemed best that they start actually liking one another, making an effort to get along.

The blond listened as Dae talked about the relationship, the valkyr agreed with him, all he ever wanted for Hanseol was him to be happy and he never saw him any happier than when he was telling some story about something Jae did, Yeon would always hear him out because it made him happy to see his friend happy like that “That’s up to them I guess” he admitted with a roll of his shoulders “I’ll be there for Han whatever decision they make” he wanted to make that clear, because if the two of them were going to do this, he still wanted to make it clear to Daehyun whose side he was going to be one once the dust settled. “But part of me wants to see them make it because then that would prove there’s some sort of hope for the rest of us” he admitted a little vulnerably but then shrugged it off as though he hadn’t said it.

The tension between them never disappeared though, he felt it like a knife could quite literally cut it and the both of them were checking each other out shamelessly, it was obvious to them both what they wanted “Subtle isn’t really in my vocabulary” he admitted as he ran his tongue over his bottom lip, this time purposely just to bother the Niveis. When Daehyun brought up their last time together that was the final nail in the coffin for him, how was he supposed to resist him when he was right in front of him and teasing him like this? The valkyr cleared his throat and put on an amused smirk as he shook his head at Daehyun, he knew exactly the game he was playing and god was he up for playing it. The two of them had been throwing jabs at one another for a while now but it was clear to him now that they were on the same page when it came to that. And it seemed like for the first time in his life, Yeon was going to break one of his own rules.

When Dae asked if he was worthy of his standards the valkyr figured he should finally give the snowy-haired male some of the satisfaction he was craving “You, were the best I have ever had” he admitted without breaking his gaze. The blond moved his hand under the table and touched against Daehyun’s knee to prompt him to stop tapping his damn foot, Yeon’s thumb swept over his jeans as he looked at the other male directly in the eye. No one could see what he was doing under the table but the Niveis knew. He tilted his head as though he was thinking about what his type was “Someone who can keep up with my needs” he pursed his lips innocently “I’m very high maintenance and most people just don’t have stamina, nor the mindset to keep me…” he smirked a little “Sated” yes, that was a direct challenge for the other male. God, he wanted him to try.

Did he meant all of those words he said? Where he’s not convincing, but was doing the direct opposite of it towards his own boyfriend? The person he would do anything for? Yes and no. But which applies to which? No idea. His head is filled with contempt and confusion and his heart fueled by the raging roaring fire that wanted to get out but still, the celestial chose to keep it behind the doors. If those hurtful words were considered mild in his dictionary and behind his doors, what would the real thing be like? Perhaps, they’ll never know, especially not in this current situation. The bad thing is that Hanseol didn’t seem like he wanted to stand down even when he’s the one at wrong, if anything, he wanted Jae to hear those words and feel the pain he felt when he heard Jae told him that they needed a break from one another, no. It’s not even a break, it might not be rekindled if things persist.

The celestial was about to lose the best thing that’s ever happened in his life and he was not ready to have that happen. No, he could never handle that. But instead of trying to make up to the dhampir, the fallen star found himself to be pushing him further, humiliating and hurting him with every way possible and he didn’t even feel like he wanted to stop which didn’t occur to him until a spark of realization jolted him back to reality. But by the time he noticed what he’s done, everything was already set. He had said those hurtful words to the man he loved and jeopardized their relationship single-handedly in less than half an hour. Staring at the male with a look of realization marring his face, Hanseol blinked a few times and parted his lips to say something, but decided against it once he saw the look on Jae. He could still see the dried tears on his cheeks, which urged him to wipe them away and kiss every tear off, but he’s not in the position to do that. Not anymore. Not after what went with them, especially not after what he said to the blue-haired male.

At this point, he was just waiting for a punch to be delivered but cursed internally for even thinking such a thing would happen because Jae would never, ever hurt him. Not physically, at least. The dhampir will never be able to live with himself if that ever happens, and the fact that the celestial was even thinking of the possibility and percentage that it could happen says a lot; he lost his way in trying to wrap his head around their relationship. If only he had tried to make things work and actually apologize to make up for it, it might not have been this horrid. But no, his hubris decided to let all that pent up frustration within him was more worth it. No wonder Jae couldn’t find the grounds to trust him after all of that. He was selfish.

Han was already on his way to say sorry until the dhampir’s words struck him again and all that anger came rushing back to him tenfold like it never left. “Have you been waiting for that? To see me in all of my glory? To see me getting angry, is that what you meant when you wanted to see the real me? Well here I am, the guy you fell in love with, he’s just that shell of a guy that I was, a shell I created to hide me inside; me that’s filled with all bitterness and anger” he exclaimed, scoffing in response as he shook his head in disappointment. What hurts him was when he heard the dhampir point out the source to all his problems was sole because of him, that root of doubt originated from there. If he wasn’t busy overthinking things, perhaps they might’ve been able to avoid this. “I can’t believe I ever thought you, out of all people, would’ve understood why I did what I did.” It was clear that from the pained look and the tears streaming down from his face, he didn’t mean to say all those hurtful words, yet he still did. “That’s just it. You were more than enough,” he breathed out, sighing heavily and ran his fingers through his dark locks in frustration and stared back at the dhampir. “I am the one who fucked up. Because in the end, that’s how things are going to be. Me alone, it’s always been that way and it’ll be that way still.” He is indirectly telling Jae that he never believed there was them vs the world since the very beginning. Or at least, that’s what he wants him to think.

“I love you, Jae. So much. You’ll always be the one I love, no one else. You will always be my number one, but when push comes to pull, you’re going to leave me and I can’t handle that. If we can’t reach a consensus like this in the future, then maybe I’m better off relying on my Volakiri instead.” The way he had changed Yeon to my Volakiri could never escape Jae’s attentive ears. “The problem is, just because I don’t go to you when it comes to everything, doesn’t mean I never thought of you first. The whole point of being my significant other is me protecting you, why would I risk your life by putting you in danger? I established a connection with Yeon because I needed a protector and someone to work with through my identity, I can’t use you because, in my heart, you will always be my priority.” Hanseol had to force himself to look away when Jae fell to his knees. “You were never number two…” he murmured and closed his eyes briefly. “I don’t want to lose you… but the cycle doesn’t seem healthy. I’ve betrayed your trust over and over again, and instead of coming clean, I got better at hiding them. I just didn’t want you to worry, because you don’t deserve to have that burden on you. You were supposed to be my prince and my world, not the other way around.”

As if those words were hurtful enough, he stared at the male on the ground and forced himself to say it. He had to. Or he’ll never feel like he’s telling the truth. “At least I didn’t have to be another person when I’m with Yeon.” One drop of water fell to the pavement and it started to rain, which made him curse in retaliation as he glared at the sky. Out of all times, it had to be now? The rain was supposed to be symbolic for them both because it always led them to a good improvisation at the end of the day, one where they would end up within each other's embraces. But now, it felt like it was just mocking them. Him in particular. "Has it really been us against the world? Or was that just an illusion we made up?"

Jae realized that this whole time he had been deluding himself about what they were and maybe he really didn’t know Hanseol as well as he thought he did, hell he didn’t even know if he knew they relationship anymore. He’s built himself this idea that they were partners and that they were building a life together, they’d been through the day at the clinic together and Jae had literally thrown himself into the line of fire for Han so to hear him say things like how he needed a protector that wasn’t Jae, that stung him badly. The dhampir opened his mouth to speak a few times but he just couldn’t believe the man he loved could be so cruel to him, could refer to their relationship as so little, like it was nothing. He couldn’t believe he was about to turn over his entire life for this, this very night.

He also hated himself for scaring Hanseol and punching Yeon, he hated that he’d yet again let his emotions get the better of him and this time he didn’t even have alcohol to blame for it, the temper he thought he’d finally gotten past and dealt with was coming back to haunt him in the worst way and he didn’t like the person he was becoming in the face of it. This relationship had brought a lot of good things to this life but now it had also brought a lot of bad and Jae felt very conflicted over it. It also hurt him that Han even thought he was capable for hurting him like that, Yeon was just some guy he never wanted to see again but Han, hurting him would have crushed Jae’s entire soul from the inside.

And it was true, he couldn’t even argue with him because Jae didn’t know this guy, the Hanseol he fell in love would never be so cruel and hurtful to him so he supposed he really had deluded himself into thinking the best parts of him were all of him. But who was to blame for that? Hanseol had been the one putting on a facade this whole time, hiding the fact that he was upset or struggling, running to Yeon every time that he had a problem instead of communicating with the person who was supposed to be closer to him. How was Jae supposed to understand him or know how to help him when every time he felt down or was struggling he just pushed the dhampir away and stopped him from being able to help. Jae balled his hands into fists at his side and unfurled them a few times feeling the pain numbing his whole body. He really was a lovesick fool not to see this coming long before now. And for believing their relationship meant anything to Han.

“If you loved me then you would have listened to me” Jae spoke with a shake of his head, he didn’t get to use that word after everything he’d just thrown at Jae “I’m not a china doll you put on the shelf and wrap in bubble wrap Han, I’m a real person, with real feelings, who chose you” he flicked his gaze up to the other male as he forced himself off the ground “I have been training for months because I wanted to be stronger for you, I wanted to be able to protect you” but it became evident to Jae that Han didn’t see him as an equal, he saw him as a precious object that needed locking away from the world “Relationships don’t work like that, you can’t be in one and keep your go it alone mentality” he pressed his lips together. The celestial wasn’t even going it alone, he’d found someone else that he treated like more partner then he did Jae.

“Did you ever take a second to even think about what I might want?” he clearly hadn’t, he’d made decisions for him like he was a child who couldn’t voice what they wanted for himself “Because it’s not this” he admitted with a shake of his head from side to side “God and I was about to risk my entire future on you too” just to another layer to the pain and the level of stupidity he felt in that moment. Jae took a long and heavy breath, despite the harsh way that Hanseol had said it, he was right, this cycle wasn’t good for either of them and until the celestial learned that being in a relationship meant having an equal partnership and respect for one another, there was no point continuing, they were just going to keep hurting each other like this and that wasn’t good for anyone.

Jae softened his expression but he felt numb as the celestial dug in the final blow to him, saying that he didn’t have to pretend he didn’t have to be someone he wasn’t around Yeon and then the rain started to pour. It was like all the emotion and anger and hurt drained from his voice with the downpour “The guy I fell in love with was a bright and stunning man, he was a little afraid of the world but I saw passion and a need to see positivity in his eyes and I fell in love with him without even trying, it was involuntary, he was everything to me, he showed me who I really was on the inside, parts of myself that I didn’t even know existed, he made me want a future and he made me think about the life I lead til then and maybe for a moment I really believed that fate must exist because I’d met someone who was so perfect for me that I couldn’t actually fathom it” and he truly believed that was the person Hanseol was, he didn’t care what the star tried to sell him on, that cold hard persona he was using now, that was his defenses talking, it wasn’t the real him and it hurt seeing him use it on him.

“You’re better than this and I deserve better than this” he stated with a shake of his head as he looked into his eyes, his expression faltering as he looked him in the eyes “I deserve someone who recognizes that I would do anything for him and all I asked in return was the truth, the full and complete truth” he pursed his lips “I wanted to be the one to hold you through the nightmares, chase down the people who hurt you and make sure they never hurt anyone else again, I wanted to come home to you every night and just talk about our days, whether they were good or not and to figure out problems as they came, I wanted to cheer you on through the best parts of your career and cry with you when times were tough” he nodded a little “But you don’t see me as your equal, I get that now, you see me as a helpless lamb who needs to be protected” he sighed softly, it was sad but it was true “So no.” he spoke softly “It was never us against the world” he admitted with a stern gaze.

“I really hope he looks after you because he’s all you have left” Jae spoke harshly and turned away from him. He paused for a moment, feeling the tears stinging in his eyes again and his whole body was soaked thanks to the rain that was pouring down but then he picked up the pace and walked away. Someone had to, this wasn’t healthy and there was no sign of things getting better either.

At this point, Dae could hear every single movement in the cafe, from the way the barista would pour the steamed milk and the way the coffee beans were ground skillfully, up to the finger tapping by the blond. God, he felt so tempted to just wrap his hands around his and stop that movement because he couldn’t take it any longer, well, at least his ears could not take it any longer. Yet he still managed to find what’s left of his control inside him and refrained from doing that. They were there to talk, after all. Nothing more, nothing less. It’s slightly hard when his head is literally filled with thoughts on dragging the valkyr with him somewhere secluded and private. The way they would send each other looks that held the same message over and over again, Daehyun clenched his jaw and balled up his fist under the table, until he was pretty sure it’s turned whiter, which was saying something, considering how pale in comparison the niveis is.

With his free hand gripping on the table, he narrowed his hues at the blond who was seemingly having the best time of his life by teasing him. Despite the attraction he felt for the valkyr coming from that one night only, meeting him here today after a while and finding out that he actually had more than that front of his, made him smile secretly. So he does have a personality. Interesting. The longer they talked, the more he could see the morals surrounding the other male and boy was he fascinated by it. Now, Dae might not exactly like the celestial for what he did to Jae, whom he cared for endlessly, but to see Yeon caring for his friend the same way Dae would for Jae, it was refreshing to see someone who thought the same. Even if they were on different sides, at least they were bold enough to state that firsthand and established the grounds they were at. “I can relate. I don’t keep people around too. The only reason why my sister is still with me is that she’s blood, my responsibility for life, therefore making her reasons invalid to me. Jae’s quite possibly the first guy I wanted to keep around,” he noticed the slip-up, was Jae really the first guy he wanted to keep around? “As a friend.” There it is, yes, as a friend.

Yeon, on the other hand, is an entirely different case for him. But he knew the valkyr could easily pick up the hints, they were surprisingly good at this game and it had amused the niveis endlessly to see how far the blond is always able to keep up with him. No wonder he’s hooked. “And I’ll be there for whatever decision Jae makes. I won’t lie, if that star breaks my best friend’s heart, I might break a few bones instead. He has 206, surely he can spare some.” Well, to be fair, Dae doesn’t really know what the Volakiri bond entails, and even if he does know that Yeon would feel the injury, he still would go along with it. “Let’s hope they would make it through… if they couldn’t, then I’m not sure if there’s any hope for anyone else, considering they’re quite possibly, one of the happiest couples I have ever had the chance to witness and I’ve only met Hanseol in person, today.” He didn’t put it past Jae to exaggerate because it is his boyfriend, but since he knew the dhampir to be someone who’s very honest, he hardly doubted it, no matter how biased it could even be.

Back to their situation, it reminded the snowy-haired male much like that night where they had tried to undress one another by staring alone. “Oh yeah, I think I know that one for a while now” he sniggered, shaking his head in amusement as his lips curled up into a wry smirk. He’s always a peculiar case, this valkyr, and he still has yet to find out what’s so special about him, but was he going to have a fun time figuring it out? Bribe him and we’ll see. The way the valkyr had licked his bottom lip intentionally, knowing full well it would rile him up, got Dae poked his tongue in his inner cheek while giving the blond a not-so-amused look. Two can play at the game, no? When it came clear to him that they were on the same page again, he wondered how long it would take before they both end up elsewhere, wrapped in one another’s an embrace, and finally having their way with each other. That thought alone was enough to send him flying to the clouds.

He was taken aback when Yeon satisfied his curiosity and praised him instead. Now, what was he planning? “I’m not sure if that’s just flattery at its finest or the truth.” Honestly, he could go for either, but his pride is also a hard thing not to pass over, even though it’s evident that much like that night, the elder Stormwind might not have a choice when it comes to self-control for Yeonseok Lee. Daehyun jolted slightly per his reflex when he felt a hand over his knee, causing his hold on the table to tighten. “Careful” he scowled lowly and tried to calm himself. Unfortunately, that wasn’t going all well when the latter decided it was a good move to run his thumb over the material of his jeans, inadvertently causing the niveis to leave a few cold spots on the table from the where his fingers rested at. “So you’re saying you’ve never been sated as of late?” he quirked an eyebrow and smirked as he leaned against his seat. “Must’ve been frustrating.” Because it was frustrating for him. “Is anyone open to take that challenge then? Or do they have to fulfill a few,” he tried to search for the best word to put it. “requirements?”

It seemed like in a strange way the two of them were similar, they both seemed to be the go it alone types and yet they had found a friend whom they related to on another level, someone they wanted to care for and look out for and neither of them really knew how to handle that. It was interesting, seeing someone who had been with as something more than the object of his desire, knowing them as a person. Of course, the two of them had talked on the night they met, more than he even talked to most people he met at a club thanks to him being a little drunk and chatty but this was different. This was him wanting to know someone for their personality and their priorities, trying to understand someone while also wanting them so badly too. “Fewer people you let in, fewer people who can let you down I figure” he commented a little pessimistically as he glanced over at the snowy-haired male. When he spoke about Jae being the first person he wanted to keep around and then corrected it to ‘as a friend’ it made him wonder if there were some inner implications behind that or was he simply saying he only kept around people he saw as friends.

He sucked in a breath as the Niveis talked about hurting Hanseol if he broke Jae’s heart, Yeon had to admit that he really didn’t want that to happen, one because he really didn’t want to have to fight Dae off of Han and two because if the pale-haired male did manage to break any bones he knew he would directly feel them too “Positive thoughts” he spoke with a shudder rolling over his body and he shook his head a little. He was right though, if Jae and Han couldn’t figure things out then what hope did people with fucked up minds like his have or ever finding love, might as well give and up and resign to a life alone at that point. The blond ran a hand through his hair “All Han ever does is talk about Jae, he thinks the absolute world of him, no one could tell me any different” but he’d also made some really massive mistakes and Yeon couldn’t say he would blame Jae for wanting to walk away. That had Yeon concerned because Han was a pessimistic soul normally, losing Jae would crush him and even the valkyr wasn’t sure he could pull him out of that.

The two of them weren’t exactly being shy about the fact they wanted one another, Yeon had been thinking about what he might do in this situation for months now, daydreaming about it he supposed because it was pretty much the only relief he’d been able to get for himself. It hadn’t been enough to stop him feeling frustrated but this time it was real. Admittedly he hadn’t factored in the fact that they’d be connected by friends or that they’d be in a little cafe in downtown Evermore but beggars couldn’t be choosers. He watched the way that Dae reacted to his lip action, catching the way that the Niveis responded in a frustrated manner. As much as he was enjoying this game though, it felt like he’d been playing for almost 4 months and all he wanted was to see an end to it. He wanted closure from it all, just once more and he’d be able to finally move on with his life. Looking back at Dae he could tell the snowy-haired male was struggling to hold himself together too.

Yeon wasn’t even being tasteful with his words anymore, he wanted the other male and he wanted him to know that. When Dae commented on whether he was flattering him or whether it was the full truth Yeon swallowed a little, he supposed it was a little of both “Whichever suits your preference” he teased with an amused look as his hand reached out to touch Daehyun’s knee and remained there. He smirked when the Niveis warned him to be careful, he flicked his gaze up to him, challenging him with his eyes to say he didn’t want it as his thumb moved across the fabric covering his jeans. The drop in temperature he felt was enough to tell him he’d hit a nerve. When Dae commented on his inability to find any real peace the valkyr chuckled almost spitefully “It’s frustrating beyond belief” he admitted as he met his gaze.

“Not just anyone” Yeon drew out the words before he sank his teeth into his bottom lip from thought, glancing around them for a plan “They have to be up for the things I wanna do, some of which might be considered” his eyes moved to the bathroom sign of the cafe and he implied for the Niveis to follow his gaze “Unorthodox” he raised his brow as he waited for an answer to his silent question and he rubbed against Daehyun’s knee with his thumb again, was he mad at himself for breaking his own rules? Yes, he had them for a reason, it helped him to stay unattached and did he fear this could become more than a second time thing? Yes, because he wasn't sure he actually could control himself around this man, he had power over him like no person he'd ever met before and that terrified him a little. But did he feel bad at that moment? No, he would worry about the consequences later when his mind was finally free of the frustration he'd been feeling for months long. 

RSS

© 2024   Created by ✓ Ophelia Dreyvalian ~Admin~.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service