Inevitably, Autumn finds herself drawn to the river. It's been like this since she arrived in the city. She's not entirely certain why, if it's that her new self is just drawn to the water, if it's all that time she spent on the water before coming to Evermore, or if it's the memories of all she's lost being so connected to the water. It's probably a combination of all three if she's honest with herself. The water has been tied to her life since she was born, in ways she doesn't even know. It's taken so much from her but given back just as much.

She wanders the shore of the water for a while, looking into the waters as the cool wind whips off of the surface. Her jacket is mostly for show, she doesn't feel the chill anymore, but as she comes to a stop and sits down on the bank she finds that she's grateful for the protection it brings. This is probably the first truly still moment she's had since waking up in the ocean. She's finally starting to truly get settled into the city and doesn't have the pressing matter of figuring out what to do to survive here weighing on her anymore. It's thanks to this, this finally still moment, that her thoughts start to wander. She picks up a nearby stone and skips it out across the water as she wonders. It's been a couple of months now since she heard his voice and she wonders what he would think of what she's managed to accomplish. Would her grandfather be worried by what she's become? By her finding herself alone in a strange place?

More than anything she wishes she could talk to him again, to ask him his advice about what she should do. They had never stayed in one place very long but now she has no reason to run, right? Now that she's different there's no one that would be out to hurt her, no one that she might accidentally hurt herself. Her fingers dig into the soft cotton of her jacket as she stares into the waters. "What would you want me to do?" Perhaps at this time it would seem better to stare up at the sky, that's what she's seen in all the movies, but it doesn't feel right to her. It wasn't the sky that took her family away, not really.

"I miss you, you know? It's not fair... none of this was supposed to happen..." She wonders if he was as scared as she was the night that storm hit, feeling their boat being tossed like a toy by the waves. She can't remember him ever being scared, but that sort of thing is enough to scare anyone. Her jacket shields her arms from the tears falling and she doesn't realize she's crying until one falls on her hand. Then it's as though someone let the floodgates open and she ducks her head, burying her face in her arms as sobs start to wrack her body as it finally starts to hit her that her only family is really gone. She'd been forcing herself forward on pure willpower and necessity and hadn't allowed it time to sink in. Now that it is, it's rushing over her just like the waves that capsized her ship a couple months ago.

Views: 210

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ommins smile was bright and carried more laughing. "Back in my time yes, a medicine woman. We also helped with curses, pregnancy, blessings, harvests. Anything our tribe asked us to, we would attempt to ask the gods for it." She shrugged lightly thinking back to her home lands. The food, the people, and mostly the love from her people. Her memories of tending sick children, plowing fields and caring for her chief filled her heart of many emotions. A small tear formed in her left eye as she blinked a couple times to dis-spell it. "Many believe Vodou to be black magic, the devils right hand man." She rolled her eyes at this fact "The Spaniards were the ones who started that. To us, before colonization. It was the purest connection to the gods, it was our form of religion. Tho, men are and always have been scared of women in power. Vodou held women in the same category as men Vodou" She let out a large huff of air. "Pardon my emotional rise there." She could remember clear as day what her 'father' had done to her mother. How they were just slaves and considered property. "Slavery leaves some mean marks on your soul." She felt her heavy chest start to relax as she gave Autumn a light smile. 

'The Aurazin tribe is fantastic. They are kind and always ready to help each other. I'd say closer family then my blood family ever was!" Ommin listened to Autumn speak pf her death again and rested her hand on Autumns knee once more. "Maybe that's why I am here. Your own person Empath. To help you think of him and find peace!" Ommin removed her hand and let the warm feeling of the alcohol over take her a bit more. Even tho she had not drank much, having never tried alcohol before it effected her rather fast. It could be seen that Ommin was not a sloppy drunk. Just a very unbalanced one. Ommin glanced at the cans. "Huh.... Maybe you should catch up and we can have a real...party!" She almost keeled over laughing at her own joke. She had never drank before, let alone with another female. She looked at Autumn and could feel her emotions flying around. 

Popping open the can Autumn had brought her she mentioned "How about a walk with our new found friends?" Tapping the side of the can. "Maybe we can go find a place they serve this liquor? If you do not know much about the city. Why not learn now?" Ommin threw her hands up in the air and spun around on the bar stool she was sitting on. In doing so her drink splashed around a bit, drips landing on her right leg. Looking down she frowned. "What a waste" 

Autumn gives Ommin a small, warm smile as she sees the happy memories fill her face. Of course like all things there would be some bittersweet or even bad memories coming in as well but she can tell from the older woman’s eyes just how fondly she recalls those days. Or well, most of them. “I’ve always been curious about traditional herbal remedies like those. Of course modern medicine is great, but something about more natural medicine just seems better if it can do the job.” Not that she expects it to compare to things like penicillin or modern imaging techniques, but for things that don’t require those she thinks it would be quite beneficial and carry fewer side effects. Her grandfather was a man of science, or so he claimed, and as such his remedy for just about everything came in a plastic bottle. “Most of our records today are influenced by their writings. It seems they focused more on the whole cursing aspect than anything else. Though people tend to fear what they don’t understand, mortal or not.” She has quite the first hand experience with that, it being the reason she’d fought so hard to hide what she was. As Ommin grows a bit more upset recalling the bad memories, she reaches out and lightly places her hand over hers in a gesture of comfort. It can be difficult to know what to say in regards to something like that so she figures a gesture of solidarity and empathy would go farther than any way she could manage to fumble her words. “No need to apologize. I can’t even imagine what it might leave behind.”

Though she is glad for both their sakes when the conversation turns to something a bit lighter, grinning as Ommin starts to talk of her tribe in much the same way Autumn has begun to think of hers. “I’ve only been with my tribe a short time but I think I understand where you’re coming from. They’ve been very kind and helpful to me since I arrived.” Certain ones more so than others, but everyone has welcomed her in a way she hadn’t really thought possible. She chuckles as Ommin mentions being her own personal empath, looking at her with a small smile. “Perhaps. I think I’ll probably be okay, it’s just still a little raw right now, you know? But! The last thing he’d want is for me to mope around and get nothing done.” Which is why she’d been working so hard, though she can’t help but think he’d be mortified knowing she was trying to embrace her new powers instead of force them down. Now Autumn has drunk a grand total of once before, found the beer disgusting, and had pretty much resolved not to touch one of the things again. This one isn’t so bad though and she can only credit the fact that she’s different from Ommin with her not feeling quite so drunk yet. Perhaps Aurazin feel the effects of alcohol before niveis? Either way she can’t help her chuckle at the woman’s jokes.

“If you want to, I don’t see why not. A club shouldn’t be too hard to find…” From what she’s heard they’re practically everywhere in the city, especially downtown. She makes her way over to Ommin and helps the unsteady woman to her feet, shaking her head a touch. “I doubt they allow outside drinks in. But if you want to go, then go we shall. I think we could both stand a bit of fun, don’t you?"

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by ✓ Ophelia Dreyvalian ~Admin~.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service