Crossroads (Open to Yeonseok, Daehyun, Hanseol and Jaesung) COMPLETED

It felt like this move had been the longest time coming and yet had come around so suddenly too. Yeon remembered talking about moving out to New York for the longest time and at one point it was more a crossing thought than anything but yet here they were today. Tomorrow morning he would be leaving for the airport and leaving Evermore City behind. Dae had managed to convince him to keep the penthouse but all the things had been packed up into boxes and shipped out to his new place already, everything else was still here if he didn't need it or it was packed up in the 2 suitcases he had packed and ready to take. It felt so empty as he looked out over the spacious building, he never ever realized how big it felt before all his things were removed, now it felt a little lonely. 

In true Yeon fashion he had insisted that they spend time together before he left which was exactly why he was getting ready to leave now, he was dressed more casually than usual, jeans and a shirt with the sleeves rolled up because it was warm today. They'd agreed to meet at the zoo. He and Hanseol had been hanging out a lot lately and of course, he still spent a lot of time with Dae but it had been a while since the 4 of them had spent time together, the last he remembered was their game night where Han had almost ended up flipping a table after a game of Uno.

Before long he headed down outside the building and got into the car, he gave the driver the address of zoo they were visiting today and then leaned back in the seat. It was on the outskirts of Evermore city where the land started to get more expansive so as he watched out the window he noted the way the houses slowly started to feel less crammed in, there were more gardens and space out here. Sometimes he wondered if he'd like to live in a place with more space and nature but he still seemed to find himself choosing places in the heart of the city. A part of him liked the hustle and bustle and being surrounded by people he didn't know. 

When he reached the destination he paid the driver and hopped out of the car, it seemed he was the first one to arrive as he didn't see any of the others waiting in front of the statue so he headed over to it, slinging his bag over his shoulder before leaning against it and pulling out his phone. He had a bunch of work-related messages which he was tempted to answer but he knew how much of a rabbit hole that would be so he swiped on the notification to dismiss it and nodded. Work free day, it was the last day he would get to spend in person with his friends for a while and he wanted to enjoy it. 

Views: 2276

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

He wanted to hold him first… even if that's above the boundary line they drew themselves. When his voice cracked, he didn't know what happened. His voice has never ever cracked. Not until today. It wasn't to say Daehyun Stormwind has never been upset before, but he never showed his emotions that much, they were only witnessed by a selected few in the audience, much less exposing that vulnerability out in the public like right now. He usually didn't like feeling this way but today… today he's fine with it. He saw Jae went ahead to give the first farewell since Han was clearly still processing things, that's understandable, Dae could very well digest the same emotions. 

He wasn't sure what made his heart hurt the moment he saw Han engulf Yeon in a big hug, the two of them exchanging embrace and tears. Dae clenched his jaw and balled his fist as an attempt to stop himself from overreacting but god it is pulling the strings of his heart and he's just about to break down on the spot. Can he really go through with this? He was biting his lip the entire time as he watched from one to another exchange their farewells, leaving him as the last one. Dae didn't mind being the last to do it but when Jae returned to his position, he let out a shuddered breath and gave him a conflicted look that says help me. "I feel weird…" he muttered under his breath, attempting to communicate with the dhampir but tried to make it barely audible because he is not one to wear his heart on his sleeves. Once Han finished telling his goodbyes, it was finally his turn. 

This time Yeon was the one who moved closer to him, seeing Yeon cry was probably the one thing that kept tugging him towards this road of emotions but the moment he clasped his hands, that was the last straw. "No… of course not" how could it be goodbye for them? How would Dae even go on without him by his side? "I think I'm in big trouble" he chuckled nervously, but the look in his eyes clearly portrayed the broken niveis trying so hard not to tremble in sadness in front of the person he cared for, "I said I wouldn't be dependent on anyone but I think I've become too dependent on you…" in another way, it meant Dae was clinging onto Yeon for a lot of things and he didn't even realize how impactful the valkyr has been in his lonesome life. Green light. 

"You've given me your permission to visit… how could I not? I'll visit you plenty… I'll go there often, don't worry. Before long you'll find me sneaking into your studio again" but the tears that fell without his realization had begun to show, he was actually crying. He lowered his head and mumble, "I can't ask you to stay… can I? Or to take me with you…"

Jae stood back as he allowed Han to go forward and say his goodbyes, it made his heart clench seeing the two of them cry together, Han was the type to bottle his emotions until he was alone so he knew it meant a lot for him to show it in a crowded airport full of people. But it was Dae he was really worried about right now, he’d never seen the niveis falter like that before, in a way that showed quite evidently that he was more emotionally invested in all of this than he gave away before. Dae was good at concealing himself, Jae knew that, but he never thought he’d see him holding hands with Yeon in front of so many people.

As Han walked away from the valkyr he opened his arms to wrap around him and he gave Dae a knowing look in response to his little plea and nodded his head as though to say it was okay to just be honest if that’s what he needed. He waved goodbye to Yeon before taking Han and leading the way towards the exit of the airport and towards where they drove, he wasn’t really sure if Dae was going to join them or if he would end up flying off but he knew Han would want to get out of there and breathe.

He shielded the other male as he lead the way to the exit of the airport, rubbing Han’s back gently. Once they got outside he came to a stop so he could pull him in against his chest “I’m so sorry” he soothed softly, he could tell how hard it had been for the star, he had lost people and he was sure this was reminiscent of that, even though he wasn’t all that far away in the grand scheme of things.

He didn't know how much he'd spill when he said he'd be fine today but clearly he wasn't. One hug was all that it took for Han to start sobbing against the valkyr, the hug they shared was unlike any others they had, and that's saying something considering how much the two have hugged before. Is this what it feels like to big someone you love goodbye? Han knew Yeon wasn't going to be far from him, it was only a few hours away, that's hardly anything. It wasn't as if he's going to move to another country, he told himself. Still, Yeon was going away. The entire time it was mostly Yeon comforting and reassuring him, patting his back as if the celestial is a child, while he continued to sob silently, not knowing what words he could exchange anymore with Yeon. 

However, when he whipped out the hyung card, that's when more tears began to fall as he pulled away slightly, lips upturned in a pout as he hit the valkyr lightly, "So now you decided to use hyung" he grumbled, "Don't break your promise… you'll be back here to visit one day and I'll be waiting." Or he'd go there but knowing his schedule, it was unlikely. But it was nice to dream. Han wiped the tears away as he backed a few steps a bit to give Dae the privacy he wanted with Yeon, the niveis never cried, Han has never seen him look sad, much less shed a tear. Jae was leading him away where Han gave one last wave towards Yeon and followed him to the exit, the two of them deserved their own privacy. 

As someone who is claustrophobic, he could feel his own throat closing up, resulting in slight constriction to which he desperately needed air to breath. The way he stroked his back, a gesture Jae often showed after being recommended by Han's therapist to handle him before he's more likely to get an attack. With his head buried against his neck, he tightened his hold around the dhampir and whimpered, "I feel like I can't breathe" he hiccuped, "everything feels so stuffy… and I feel… just exhausted generally." He slumped himself against Jae, "My legs feel weak…"

Yeon laughed through the tears when Han pointed out that he finally called him hyung, his heart clenched as he watched the two of them walking away towards the exit in the corner of his vision but he felt a sense of knowing inside his chest too, Han was going to be okay because he had someone who was the best looking out for him, someone who would always stay by his side and protect him. And when the star needed him, he had a valkyr right here who would come back for him. All it took was a pinch of a wrist and he knew that, Han knew that too, he was sure.

The urge to sob was there in his chest but he kept swallowing it back down, Dae wouldn’t want him to do that and honestly a part of him didn’t want Dae’s memories to see that when he thought of him, he wanted him to picture his smile or the jokes they’d had together. Yeon looked up at him with a soft expression when he said he was in trouble only to confess he’d come to rely on him. The valkyr’s grip tightened against Dae’s fingers just a little as he watched him “I told you there was never any shame in caring” he whispered the words softly, truth was he had taken their friendship as a given for the past few months and he hadn’t even contemplated the loss he would feel, leaving it here in Evermore City.

He took a shaky breath as Dae thought about his request and he smiled softly when he said he would come visit “I’ll be waiting for it” he commented, forcing a smile only to gasp slightly when he spotted tears escape from Dae’s eyes. He felt his hands shake a little when the icy male mumbled those words and he reached to cup his jaw gently with his his hands “If you still want that in a month’s time...come find me” he had to go to chase his dreams and he wouldn’t selfishly ask the niveis to bend to his life, he was too much of a free spirit for that. There was a selfish part of him that wanted more but Dae had never been anything but unselfish with him.

He took a deep breath as he stared at him, seeing him so emotional was tugging at the valkyr’s heart and he couldn’t help it as he pushed onto his toes before pressing a kiss against Dae’s lips, he didn’t even think it through, there was no rationale, no thought out plan about what it would mean or how it might be perceived. Just a kiss. A kiss he needed.

God he wasn't used to this. That was the first thing that he thought of when he saw the three of them exchanging their goodbyes. Tears? He barely cries in his entire lifetime and when he does, he sure as hell could count those instances with two hands. Which says a lot about Daehyun Stormwind. But in a weird way, he also feels like he could relate to what Han is feeling. Sure, Yeon isn't his other half or something but he means a lot to the niveis. A ton. When the tears fell down his cheeks, he was taken aback by it, especially after gauging Yeon's reaction to it, the blond literally gasped upon seeing it and for a brief while, Dae actually thought he had done something wrong until he touched his own cheek, only to realize it was wet. 

"You should… I don't break my promises, Yeon. You of all people, know that" he mumbled softly, holding his hands gently, his thumb brushing against his knuckles as his eyes conveyed the hidden emotions he didn't even know he could feel. They were never the verbal kind of people, Dae doesn't say things, he's bad at it so he often shows it via actions. When Yeon cupped his face, Dae gasped silently and gaped slightly, this skinship and intimacy was intimidating to him but he loves it. God he loves it so much. The pain absorbed his entire being, his usual cold heart that used to ignore everything even after meeting Yeon, felt as if it's been rebooted. 

His legs felt weak and so was his body, dwindling under the pressure from his own heart, not realizing the pain in the pit of his stomach was also doubling over. "I'll come find you" he nodded. He was enraptured with the valkyr and didn't realize how much of a hold the other male had over his heart. It wasn't a peck, he thought. He blanked for a few seconds the moment Yeon pressed his lips against him but he quickly returned it, hands wrapped around his waist, pulling him closer as he deepened it. It was unlike the kisses they have shared before, this time he could taste their tears and feel the pain of leaving the other behind. After what seemed forever, he pulled away and blinked, "I won't ask why you kissed me in public but… I don't regret a single bit." He used his thumbs to wipe the tears from his face and attempted to smile, "Crying is not a good look on this handsome face."

There was a part of Jae who wanted to stay and support Dae too but he knew all too well that the niveis would want to be alone after this, he was the type of person who processed things alone and he knew there was nothing he could say or do to change the situation. What he could focus on however was making sure that Han was safe and okay, he knew how emotional the star could be when it came to things he really cared about and Yeon certainly fell under that list.

Jae rubbed softly against Han’s back as the two of them held on to one another “It’s okay” he soothed softly as his head tucked into closer towards Han’s ear “Yeon is never all that far away, you know that” he whispered softly as he stroked the star’s hair at the back of his neck gently in a soothing manner “Breathe in...and out…” he repeated it a few times, following the breathing pattern himself before finally feeling Han’s body give out against him.

He quickly moved to dip his hand under Han’s knees and lift him in his arms, holding him stably “I’ll take you home okay?” he spoke softly, he was sure Han wouldn’t want an audience watching them like this “We’ll have that bath and get in our PJs and cuddle up with home made milkshakes and popcorn and I’ll even let you choose the movie” anything to make sure the star was going to be okay.

Han didn't want to go away. He still wanted to see Yeon off and wave, maybe tear up some more because he's a whole emotional ball of fluff. But the moment he saw the expression shifting for Dae, he knew the niveis needed the privacy to be with Yeon. Dae wasn't the type who would openly show his emotions and thoughts so Han decided to take a few steps back to give them their space because the last thing the celestial wanted to do is break their moment. Everyone could see the two had a deeper bond than they would probably let on, especially Jae and him. 

Han had a long history with panic attacks so he was eternally grateful to have Jae by his side, and like someone who is all too used and familiar with panic attacks, reassuring him that everything is going to be okay. He was thankful for this. "I know… but I'll miss him…" he murmured quietly. Han tightened his grip on Jae's sleeves and focused on the words he whispered in his ear, inhaling and exhaling slowly as he closed his eyes. Like magic, he could feel his body getting lighter and soon enough, after he had calmed down, his body gave out because he felt as if the energy just left his body. 

It was somewhat usual for Jae to see him like this and he had become an expert at deducing Han's situation which makes him the best to handle it. The fact that he was carrying him bridal style didn't bother the celestial, who just nodded and buried his face against his chest while still making sure his breathing was level. "That sounds nice… I'd like that… I want to watch that romcom I've been wanting to watch since last week…" his voice sounded weak and worn out but he was still there. "Thank you Jae… for always taking care of me…" 

It wasn’t easy, saying goodbye to the life he had here in Evermore, it wasn’t just a shell of a city for him anymore, it wasn’t just the place he had come after he’d lost everything in Korea, it was the place he started again, the place he found friends, another half of his own self and even...someone. He didn’t know how to define his relationship with Dae, at some point it had gotten more complicated than just friends with benefits, they both knew that. Though he knew it wasn’t the time to change anything on that front either, it wasn’t fair to either of them.

“I know” he commented with a small smile when Dae said he didn’t break his promises “That’s why I asked you” he commented and nodded slightly, he didn’t want to feel like someone he had gotten so close to would become a stranger, knowing that would hurt him more than anything he had been through since he got to Evermore. Yeon could see from the look in Dae’s eyes that he was feeling more than before too, he basked in the moment, in holding the niveis’ face gently. When Dae said he would come find him the valkyr teared up for a moment and nodded his head slightly “Okay” he spoke weakly, feeling tears stinging in his eyes again.

The kiss felt like it lasted forever and ended far too soon all at once, his lips felt soft against his, despite the taste of salt against them because of their shared tears. The way it deepened seemed to speak so many words between them, it was passionate and despite Dae being cold to the touch, it made the valkyr feel warm against him. His eyes were full of wonder when the two of them parted, he pressed his lips together “Just...because” he spoke softly when the other male spoke about kissing him in public. He nodded, trying his best not to tear up again and smiled softly when Dae wiped his tears away “I know...I didn’t...plan on it” he commented and took a deep breath “I’ll see you soon Dae” he spoke softly before slowly pulling away, his fingers still holding onto him until the last moment before finally letting go as he made his way quickly towards the security gate.

Saying goodbyes were never his forte. He never had to concern himself with such trivial matters. When he first came to Evermore, it wasn't as appealing to the niveis, to him it was just like any other city, aside from the fact that they were predominantly filled with the supernatural who Skellow managed to maintain peace. Somewhat. He was never supposed to stay but Dae ended up extending his stay here longer than he thought he would. The place didn't feel too boring anymore, he met Yeon, he met Jae. He had someone he could confide in unlike any other… the person he never thought he would let in. They were friends with benefits, they knew that, and were fine with it. But at this point he knew it wasn't possible to feel the way he feels towards Yeon. This isn't just heartbreak from a friend, he knows it isn't. If so, how could it be this painful? 

Maybe he was overreacting but for someone who never knew this feeling except for a few instances in the past when he ran away, Dae found this to be weird. The niveis bit his lip when Yeon mentioned he knew and that was why he said that, of course the valkyr knew that. He knows him very well. Why is Dae even surprised by it? It has always been evident. "No need to explain… just… we both went for it anyway, and we don't always need to say it in full what we want'' he reassured, he didn't want to make Yeon explain when he didn't need to. 

It wasn't as if he didn't appreciate the kiss. Since it wasn't like Dae to speak a lot when the atmosphere is emotional. "I'll see you soon" he exclaimed softly, his hand feels heavy to let go of Yeon's but when he pulled away to make his way to the security's gate, Dae only stared from where he stood. "I'll find you again…" he mumbled silently to himself and let out a resigned sigh. He actually stayed there for a while longer and only went back after Yeon was no longer in the view. He's going to be fine, right?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by ✓ Ophelia Dreyvalian ~Admin~.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service