It was almost coming up to the third year the celestials had spent in Evermore city and while Ophelia still often held her breath, things with the Ailward's had reached somewhat of a stalemate, neither side wanting to make the first move against one another and yet she still found herself on edge, she hated feeling like her whole world could implode in a matter of moments. To keep her mind off the fact that she felt like a prisoner in her own home the Wayfinder had been slowly changing the interior design of the castle, working to make it feel less like an empty shell and more like home.

So far she had fully replaced the furniture in the communal area to look more modern and gotten help to have internet and a large TV and surround system installed too. Ophelia wasn't much for technology herself, much preferring the simpler life she had known through her years but like the wind, change would come and go and if you didn't move forward then you got left behind. Besides she was sure the younger celestials would appreciate having more to do than read their way through the pretty extensive castle library.

The chandeliers had been replaced with more focused and ambient lights and by this point, the castle was looking much more like the homes she saw in magazines than the old dated building it had been when the celestials had arrived. Ophelia was proud of what she and some of the others had achieved, perhaps it was small in the grand scheme of things they needed to do but it was a step towards some level of normality and normality was all she wanted right now, the celestials had lived their entire lives running or trapped and all she could ever ask for them was peace and the change to exhale at least for a few moments.

The weekend had rolled around once again and right now the room was all but empty with but a few white sheets lining the floors. At the edge the room sat a massive bucket of light blue paint and Ophelia, dressed in possibly the most sloppy outfit she had worn in her entire life. There were spots of paint all over the clothes and they were pretty much entirely ruined but Ophelia was humming away as she painted the walls. It was pretty early morning and considering that most of the celestials tended to be night owls she figured that it would give her a few hours to work on all the things she wanted to without being interrupted.

When the Wayfinder, however, heard footsteps from down the hall however Ophelia quickly scaled down the latter she had climbed atop and yelled to warn the person to be careful but before the words could get out the bucket paint was already toppling over.

Views: 1156

Replies to This Discussion

"You started your own business? What is your business about?" She said wanting to learn more about Ophelia. She was in charge, to say the least and to learn more would keep her intrigued. 

"That is for sure, time doesn't run out." She looked at her gently and smiled. "Sure lets see a third but that room is on the highest of my interest list for now. Endless books to keep me more intrigue in the night. I am kind of a night owl."

She looked at her as she spoke about the clothing trends. "A seamstress how fascinating. I kept a lot of my older clothes. I still wear a corset sometimes as I spent so long in them." She said smiling as she thought back on the fashion trends. She was always obsessed with her corset. It shaped her body well and some days she still wore them except when she was working long hours at a birth. 

“It’s a little shop up in the high street, I make dresses, prom dresses, wedding dresses, that kind of thing” at first she wasn’t sure if there would be much of a modern market for those kinds of things but before long she had a few regular customers coming in, one of them buying on behalf of a client who had fallen in love with her designs. And with prom season coming up soon she was very busy with everything.

“Well the good news is it you see the third room and then you find yourself missing the second one then the decision has already been made for you” she grinned slightly as she led the way over to the third room, it was a bit further down the hallway away from the louder living area of the castle, on the corner of one of the walls. They headed inside and you could immediately see the little nook with overlooked the window, letting you look out over the castle gardens and showing the city in the distance “And may I present option three” she smiled as she leaned against the doorway letting Katrina explore.

She laughed and wrinkled her nose when the other woman admitted she kept her corset and wore it sometimes “Me too” she responded and smiled “Modern clothes do make you realize how uncomfortable they were but nothing shapes a dress quite like one” for a formal event she was sure she would decide to wear one again, she was a fan of elegant looking dresses which fitted their owner perfectly.

Katrina smiled as she mentioned about her dress making. "Thats an amazing talent you have. I have thought of dabbling in the arts of seamstress work. Not professionally but just for my own fun." 

She walked into the next room and looked at the room. She was right the other room yes smaller had the books and that had kept her much more interested. Smiling she looked at her. "I think you are correct. My decision seems to have been made for me." 

She looked at the view. 'Yes haha corsets my oh my." She smiled looking once more out the window.

"I think the other room was more to my eyes. I am a sucker for books and stories. So I feel like I am being called for that room." 

She nodded slightly “Well I never really thought I’d get the chance to stay in one city long enough to be able to actually build something like this business but when I realized we don’t have to go anywhere I decided to take the chance” she had no idea whether it would pay off or if she would still be doing the same thing in a few months time but right now that was where all her energy was feeding into “You’re welcome to come by and borrow my supplies sometime if you want to make something, sometimes you just need a creative afternoon” she smiled softly.

After they walked into the third room she could see the look on Katrina’s face showed that she was already attached to the second one much more and wanted to return to that, she smiled and scrunched her nose playfully “And as easy as that you’ve found your new home” she responded and grinned slightly before leading the way back towards the first room.

“Well in that case I’ll leave you to get acquainted with the new room and then you’re more than welcome to come and go while you move all of your things, if you need me then my room is at the end of the west hall on the other side of the dining area” she pointed out the general direction of it with her arm and smiled softly as she leaned against the doorway “Maybe you should set yourself a goal for how many of the books to read” she smiled softly.

"Isn't that right? I was always going in between different villages back in the day with Scotland as technology advanced I realized I didn't have to stay in just Scotland but I really loved the area, So that's how I started travelling." She smiled looking at her as she heard the kind offer from the woman.

"Thank you. That is very kind of you. I would hate to waste your supplies. I can't say seamstress has been something I am very good at." She said with a small chuckle. "But different is it from sewing skin?" She smiled and looked at her.

"Yes, I did. How many I should read a day? I don't know maybe an option to read them all in a sitting." She said with a small laugh before looking at her. "You don't need to go? I like having your company." Katrina wasn't a person to like the quiet of being alone. She had been alone before and she wasn't a huge fan.

Enjoying her company and being with the other celestials was a good choice for her to make. She wanted to be liked, she wanted to have the company with the other celestials. Maybe because they had struggled similarly to her. Having no one to call her own. Just falling into this world, never to age and stay alive while you watched others die. 

Ophelia nodded slightly, she had spent the fair majority of her existence moving from place to place and trying to find others like her, or find a way to break the barrier on the isle so that she could brring them home, she never really had time before to just stop and live and it almost felt foreign to be here now, in the same city after three years “The traveling as fun and I got to see and do so much but I think a part of me has come full circle and wants to be able to just...settle for a while” travel was supposed to be fun, it was supposed to be something you looked forward to, not a necessity.

Ophelia laughed softly when she said she was worried about wasting her supplies “I have a lot of leftover materials which I can’t use for customers because they aren’t quite perfect but they’d definitely be fine for practice dresses” she nodded slightly, once she managed to get the hang of it she wouldn’t be wasting materials right? She widened her eyes when she talked about sewing skin but then she remembered the work she did for a living “I suppose it isn’t too different, both require you to be as neat as possible right?” she nodded a few times.

“Perhaps aim for 3 a week so you don’t completely overwhelm yourself, I mean some of them look really long” she noted a few on a certain shelf which looked really thick and no doubt were full of tiny writing too. She did laugh when she joked she was going to read them all in one sitting “I think even your love for books wouldn’t be able to manage the entire library in one sittng” she wrinkled her nose playfully.

Ophelia was going to give her space to settle but when she asked her not to go she nodded her head slightly and headed inside the room taking a seat in one of the chairs which lined the back wall “At least all the furniture is already in here, all you need to do is rearrange it how you like it” she nodded a few times.

Katrina thought this place seemed amazing. She had so far met someone who could keep her good company. Ever since she started moving away from Scotland she ventured on her own. It was easier to know that no one would die around her and they judge her that she didn't.

"I have to agree settling is... nice." When she spoke about the material, Katrina smiled. "Oh, that's exciting. Thank you. I guess I have no plans for boredom any time soon." 

"3 a week. That sounds like a good plan. I won't overwhelm I am the type of person that I do a lot of reading and stuff as much as I can and then obsess over it a bit." She said with a small chuckle as she began her walk back to the other room. 

"I am good at not rearranging and just living in something pre-decorated. When travelling I rented out rooms a lot of the time from families. It was comforting to be able to just have things in a sense done for me. I missed cooking but when I became a full-fledged midwife around England etc things really started to get busy." 

Ophelia nodded slightly, honestly she never expected to find somewhere that felt like home in the middle of a city in Colorado but here they were. Thankfully the castle was on the outskirts of the city which meant there wasn’t much traffic passing by, it was like a small pocket of serenity in the middle of a place full of hustle and bustle. The only pain was how long it took to get from here to the middle of the city “Strangely” she responded and laughed “Sometimes it feels like a dream that we get to live somewhere like this” it reminded her that not everything in life had to be bad.

She laughed softly “I definitely know that feeling, once you get your mind on something you just don’t want to stop, you tell yourself that you’re only going to read one chapter and before you know it, you’ve ‘just one mored’ your way to half the book” she laughed under her breath, well there was worse things in the world than spending more time reading than you expected.

She nodded slightly when she said she wasn’t much for decorating “Well you saw how well my redecorating process was going” she still felt bad for letting the pain get spilled on her but it seemed to all be water under the bridge by now. “Well we have a big kitchen through there, everything you could need really, feel free to jump in whenever you like” Ophelia often prepared meals from scratch, she enjoyed cooking a lot and the full large kitchen of the castle was perfect for whiling away and afternoon making something.

Katrina looked at her and smiled. "Strange is true," She said in agreement. Ophelia was a beautiful soul. She could tell she had a special way she held herself up. She was a leader of the celestials so she understood it was a lot of work for the celestial friend she was making.

With a quick chuckle she smiled and nodded in agreement. "Yes you can read forever. I can get lost in books they are so meaningful and just drag you in deeper, and deeper." She said smiling.

When she brought up the blue paint she chuckled once more as she sat on the firm bed for a moment. " I totally forgot about it to be honest. It is mainly my fault I must admit." She said with a smile.

"I do love to cook, so I will totally help out here and there. Do you have a rule about other species coming over?" She thought she would ask as she was friends with people of all species. Not caring about any inner spats she only cared for the friendships she made over time. 

She laughed and nodded, strange indeed, but a good kind of strange. She supposed she had gotten so used to expecting the worst ad dealing with what she sad that it was almost shocking for her to have something go right for once. Better than right if you thought about it because she never expected to find a place where they could all be together, train together, shared their stories and be a real community.

Ophelia grinned slightly when she said she could read forever “It needs to be the right story though, some books I read the first few pages and I immediately get a feeling like I’m sucked in, others take longer to draw my attention” there had also been a few, albeit not many, that she had abandoned at some point because they couldn’t seem to resonate with her or keep her interest “Do you have a favorite kind of story?” she enjoyed a range of fictional works herself.

Ophelia scrunched her nose playfully when Katrina admitted she had forgotten about the paint “Well that makes me very slightly less guilty for letting it spill all over you” she laughed softly shaking her head, she wasn’t usually so careless but she hadn’t expected anyone to be around while she was working on it. She raised her brows when she asked if any species weren’t allowed “We have signed the peace treaty so, no quarrels here” though of course Ophelia still had her own opinions about the Ailward faction.

She looked at her gently and smiled there was something about the new friendship she had created here. Ophelia seemed so kind and giving. There was a reason this person was chosen to be the leader she was supportive and kind. Katrina wasn't one to make many friends you got hurt when they died or walked out of your life. So she didn't ever allow herself to make connections. Now that she was really trying to be active and participate in the community she was beginning to make friends.

"Romance, it's such a powerful thing to have someone who loves you no matter what and it's just I don't know. Something that lures me in." She said looking at her gently as she took a step to sit on the bed.

"Please don't worry about it. I honestly had even forgotten about it. I don't know what the world will think with a blueberry walking around but who cares." She said with a small smile curling on her lips again as she spoke about the peace treaty. "Of course, I just want to make sure I don't break any rules." 

Ophelia was really glad to finally be able to make connections with her people like this, for so long she had been searching for them, searching for a way to save them and it had felt impossible, further and further away the harder she tried to look. By the time she managed to break the barrier it had taken its toll on her, she was lonely and perhaps even desperate to reconnect with them. Eventually, it had paid off and now she was doing everything she could to know them, even the ones she had never met before that night.

She smiled and nodded slightly “I used to love romance novels a lot” she responded and nodded her head slightly, there had definitely been a time when she was in love with the idea of love but time had definitely done damage to that part of her “Nowadays I find them harder to read, they remind me of what I wished I had” but she had her heart broken pretty harshly several times now and it was really hard for her to recover from that.

She laughed softly when she referred to herself as a blueberry “On the plus side, it is a really lovely shade of blue, once the painting is complete I think it will make quite a refreshing look” she had always been good at picking out colors that she thought would work and most of the time it turned out quite well. Though usually she was picking colors of dresses to wear. “I try not to impose too many rules...the only obvious one is to be really careful about who you share the location with, make sure you trust them” she nodded “There are still people out there to seek to harm us after all” but they were all adults and she trusted them to make their own judgments.

RSS

© 2024   Created by ✓ Ophelia Dreyvalian ~Admin~.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service