"Welcome everyone to Gravity Falls Adventure Tours my name is Calista Wolff and I’ll be leading your jump tour today.” Smiling at the gathered 20 individuals that were standing in front of her, ranging from nervous to excited to downright terrified. It was about how every jump group went, and since she had started running this company she had learned how to pick out who was going to follow through with taking the jump, who was going to opt-out before they left the ground, and who was going to opt-out when the got into the air. “Now, every one of you believes that you might want your skydiving license for one reason or another and we can give it to you. However this first jump today will give you an idea of whether or not you will be able to make it through the complete training course or whether this sport is even for you.”

Her mahogany hues scanned over them, meeting their eyes one by one and several of them looked away. “I’m not going to sugar coat it, skydiving is dangerous. Before you even leave the ground you are taking a huge risk, one that is completely in your own hands. Everything from the smallest mistake in packing your parachute to ignore a tattered or frayed strap to not putting on your equipment properly could mean certain death.” She let that sink in for a moment, tucking her hands behind her back like she always did. This speech was second nature by now but it was a necessary part of the entire package. “Those who take the boring parts serious, however, become one with the sky for an amazing 20 minutes. There is no greater feeling than the free-fall than soaring through the skies like the birds, and learning how to navigate to your landing zone is an art that takes practice and skill. If you understand all of that then this sport is for you.”

At that, her four assistants stepped forward and began circulating clipboards, “Today we have taken the risk out of your hands. Your parachutes have been packed by either myself or someone from my team and double-checked by one of the other team members. You will be helped into your harness by a team member and once more double check by another before stepping foot onto the plane. Right now Eagle and Hawk are circulating some release forms that each of you will need to fill out and sign. Just some typical paperwork to keep the lawyers off my back in case you chip a nail or scrap a knee upon landing.”

Laughter ran out through the group like it always did, people didn’t do things like this without expecting there to be some sort of release form. Her eyes met that of a particular male, a tall and dark fellow just as he was finishing up his paperwork and the intensity in his gaze made her stomach clench. She was almost too distracted to hear the question concerning the names of her helpers, grinning a little wider she answered without breaking eye contact with the male, “Everyone here at Gravity Falls has earned a special nickname, today you will be jumping with Eagle, Hawk, Crane, Sparrow, and BarnOwl.” That gave way to another question, one that was inevitable and one that made her finally break eye contact with her eye candy, “And I, of course, am your Mistress of the Skies, Angel. It is also why I am the only one that will be wearing bright gold so that I will be easily identified in the air.”

She took a bow at the round of applause as the last of the paperwork was handed off to their office manager. They gave her a moment to make sure it was all in working order, then at her nod, Calista knew she could continue. “Alright, now that the paperwork is signed and your lives are now mine for the next three hours lets get you all suited up!” She rubbed her hands together as laughter once more ran through the group, and she leads them into the hanger behind her where a series of lockers were lined up that were packed full of jumpsuits. Normally she let her staff take care of this part but she couldn’t help wanting to get to know Mr. Tall Dark and Handsome so she approached him with a flirty grin.

“Let me guess, six foot two? She sized him up with an appraising gaze though obviously checking him out before turning and pulling out a student’s red jumpsuit and handed it to him. So, why are you jumping today?”

Views: 44

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Between arguing with his Plants, and Animals around the manor along with the vet office he worked at. Deus surprised he had time for much. Yet the vet's office was having a team building exercise, thought Virindeus was confused on how jumping out of a metal death trap was team building. Being the aspect of life he never thought about jumping to his death, granted he wouldn’t die since he could easily avoid harm with plants or turning into a dragon. Yet he found it strange anyone would willingly take the risk of death, let alone humans. Yet here he was standing next to his coworkers, his arms crossed one over another listening to a brunette explain the dangers and risks.

Yet she seemed happy despite the fact she could die from one mistake. It was mind boggling. His hands unfolded to take the clipboard that he was handed. Reading over the words he took a slight breath before signing the papers Jeton Ettan his two middle name he chose to go by with his work friends. It was interesting how they had animal code names. As he signed the last form he let his gaze rests upon the woman in front of him. His dark gaze held hers and a slight smirk game to his lips as she didn’t seem to want to break the gaze they were holding as she was being asked questions of their code names. He listen to her explain the names before she pulled her gaze away letting his eyes fall down her to notice the gold she was wearing along her suit. 

“I am surprised you didn’t go with Dove to keep with the bird them.” he chimed in as he passed the paperwork to Hawk before he found himself falling in line behind most of his co workers being the tallest of the group. He watched as the group separated as some of the instructors took them aside. One thing about Deus he was patient so he was busy looking around the hanger when his eyes landed on the smaller woman as she neared him and looked him up and down. He chuckled as she flirted with him, giving a flirty grin back and gave a slight shrug. “Six foot three but I will only minus you a point for being one inch off.” He chuckled as he locked her over before taking hold off the red jumpsuit. “What about you, Five foot six?”

He sat the red jumpsuit down and moved sliding off his longer layer of clothing. Stepping into the jumpsuit he pulled it all the way up before zipping it up. He gave a soft sigh for a moment before looking past her to his coworkers before looking back to her with his dark eyes. “Well to be frank with you, this wasn’t an idea of mine. I don’t  know why anyone would want to willingly jump out of a plane to their possible death.” He moved sitting on the bench there as many were still getting ready. He turned his dark gaze to her, it was hard for him to express worry about it being the aspect of Life. He valued life highly. “Why do you jump? Train others to jump? There has to be a reason, can you explain it to me?”

There was always one, one smartass that had to comment on her code name. It was either a snide remark about it not following the bird theme or some such nonsense about her not so angel-like in the sack. Those were usually from the frat boys or the single dads that were trying to sound big and bad in front of their friends, most often as a way to distract themselves from the fact that they were scared shit less. It figured that Mr. Tall Dark And Handsome would fall into the first category. He wasn’t trying to be snarky, it was more of a snide comment as well as genuine curiosity. All eyes turned on her for a moment though her team all laughed because they knew what was coming, placing her hands on her hips she gave him a sassy smile before answering him. “As the Team Lead, it is my responsibility to ensure that everyone on this jump does so safely from the ground to the air and back down to the ground again. My team will be the birds of prey watching over all of you ducklings as you make this, your first awkward yet exhilarating jump through the air. While they keep you all together my job will be to make sure that everyone including my team stays safe and lands intact. If something goes wrong, if a chute malfunctions or a rogue wind kicks up and knocks someone off course, or a goose flies into someone's face,” she paused as the laughter kicked up around the group though her team acknowledged that it had happened before. When it had all died down, she continued, “When something like that happens it isn’t another bird of prey that can save one of you. It’s an Angel that can and will dive through the air to pull your ass out of the spiral and make sure that you all make it to happy hour after this and can show up to work tomorrow with a great story to tell for years to come. I earned that title because I’ve never lost a single jumper and I don’t intend to start with this group. Savvy?”

Once they were inside the hanger she had pulled out a jumpsuit for him, Cali had somehow expected him to freeze up and be unable to flirt. Her initial impression of him had been all off when he docked her a point for getting his height wrong, “Well I suppose I can afford to lose one point, I’ll just make it up later when I throw your big ass out of a plane.” She gave him a big smile nodding as he guessed her height right. It wasn’t hard considering she was short period, not the shortest by any means but she wasn’t ever going to be tall either. “Technically halfway between 5’5” and 5’6” but I’ll give it to you since your basically paying me to put your life in my hands.” Shooting him a wink she helped him zip up the jumpsuit and then manage all the straps and snaps that went along with it, the thing was meant to be both aerodynamic and fit perfectly with the parachute that they were about to be strapped to as well.

Laughing at his comment concerning jumping out of a plane the brunette shook her head. “Why don’t you ask me that question after we jump, you would be surprised how many people complete their first jump and then want to go again.” She’d seen it countless times before, people who feared the jump still managing to face their fears and once it was all said and done the rush and the excitement was enough to make them want to do it again. Checking him over one last time she straightened up in time to catch his last two questions, a genuine grin coming to her lips as she met his eyes. “I love being in the air. Out among the clouds and the sky, where people were never meant to be something happens to humans. They let their everyday selves go and they become who they have always wanted to be. Carefree and completely unhindered by worries or fears or stress, in those few minutes when a person is falling they are truly free. I love the happiness and the elation and even the fear that comes over them, you can almost see the chains of everyday life slipping away. It’s the purest form of freedom that anyone can feel and though it only lasts for a few minutes, people come to crave it.”

Eagle then caught her attention-drawing her eyes around the room and as she scanned the people it appeared as if everyone was ready for the next phase. “Alright. Everyone gather around.” Glancing back at Mr. Tall and Handsome she jerked her head so that he would follow her, leading the group over to the wall that held the parachutes. Grabbing one of the red ones she commenced in her usual safety briefing, walking them through how they were going to be putting the chute on to what each piece of the chute was called and what each piece did. “Alright, let’s get you guys kitted out. Don’t worry about pulling on any of the strings we have in essence locked them up so that you can dry pull them. As funny as it would be to send one of you flying across the room backward to land on your ass, packing each of these parachutes takes about 2 hours for one person and then we have at least 2 people double-check each one to ensure quality and performance.”

More laughter floated around the room, it was another one of her staple jokes though they had learned after the first couple of classes that chute locks were necessary. Cause people were idiots and liked pulling on strings when they were told not to. “Before anyone asks our chutes go through strict inspections after each jump and the life span of our chutes are 100 jumps. Most schools are double that but we feel that 100 is about the acceptable lifespan of a chute so long as it doesn’t get any rips or tears before then. Call us uber careful but take the lives and well being of our customer very seriously.” With that little tidbit added on she nodded her head, “Okay, couple lines in front of the team and let’s get you guys packed up.”

Turning she crooked her fingers at Mr. Tall and Handsome, “You know I need a name for you, in my head, I just keep calling you Tall and Handsome. Which works I guess but shortening that would be nice.” Taking one of the red chutes she undid the buckles and placed the round straps on the floor, “Turn around and step into these two loops, these will go around your thighs.”

Virindeus truly was just curious when it came to the name, he had himself had a few different code names though his life so he asked really without thinking. As her hand came to her hip, and her team laughed he was sure it was a question or comment she got very often then, as she already seemed to have an answer laid out. His eyes stayed on her as she explained that her team where the birds of prey, that they where the ducklings and she was an angel because she was their last saving grace. “Never lost a single jumper?” he questions and felt one of his coworkers hit his arm though he didn’t react to it. “Impressive.” he said as he gave a slow smile. “Understood Angel.” He replied deeply before they all moved where they where to get dressed and stuff.

Deus took the red jumpsuit in his hand and chuckled at her as she spoke of throwing his ass out of a plane. “Well I guess if anyone is going to throw me out of a plane it should be an Angel.” he smirked towards her and then raised his hand up to line up with the top of her head. “I guess without shoes you would be halfway between huh?” he asked as he looked down towards her smaller frame. “So lets see that puts me at full points and you minus one for now. Better step up your game.” he joked as he got into the suit wiggling around slightly hating how heavy it felt on him. He was one that prefered to be less clothed rather than weighed down. As everything was snapped and zipped and tighten he ran his fingers over the suit. “Thank you for your help.” he then looked to everyone else for a moment before going back to her.

He wanted to state he would never see the full sense in it, but being an aspect was meant to be a secret so he nodded as he ran his fingers over the back of his neck. “I shall let you know if my answer changes on that or not. As she moved closer to him to check him over he caught her scent, it was unique unlike anything he had smelled before. He could pick it out if he had to. As she smiled big at him he got lost in it for a moment listening to her speak of why she jumped. “So the freedom of it.” he said as he thought on it for a moment. For him he could go and fly whenever he wanted, but for humans this was the closest they would get. “I get that.” he said looking her over for a moment. “Still think it's dangerous.” he chuckled softly.

Following behind Calista he stood among the other as the next set of instructions on how to stay alive really. He couldn’t help but chuckle at the thought of one of his coworkers falling on their ass because they pulled it before they should. He had no idea it took as long as it did to close up a parachute and that there was a 2 person check team on top of it. It made the aspect relax slightly that maybe just maybe this wasn’t as dangerous as he thought it was. Calista and her crew seemed to clearly know what they where doing and went to extreme precautions to keep themselves safe along with the people taking the class. His jaw relaxed fully as he took in everything she said. Moving to get in line to get the parachute on until she wiggled her finger at him to move to her.

He moved to stand in front of her and gave a soft chuckle as she said she would need to know his name. “Well I kinda like being Mr. Tall and handsome.” He said as he turned around and stepped into the parachute and pulled it up with the straps around his thigh and pulling the straps over his shoulders turning to face her again. “But I get the need to shorten it. Virindeus Jeton.” he gave one of  his middle name as his last name as it was just easier for him to remember. “But my coworkers call me Deus or Jett.” he smiled towards her. “And your real name? Or just want me to call you Angel?”

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by ✓ Ophelia Dreyvalian ~Admin~.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service