Began with an angel hunting in the wrong place, and A Therian with good timing.

Name: Siobhan

Species:  Pure Nephilim

Short Bio: Learning how to function in a world she had never known with the help of Isaac who is the man who saved her life when she had nowhere else to go. She works for him as his assistant.  Which leads her many places around the town for him. Some times she returns to the woods when she is feeling overwhelmed it is her safe place.

Name: Dominic 

Species: Therian

Short Bio: A woodsman in every sense, but an Ailward Guard first. The big guy you hope is on your side when shit goes down ;)

Views: 4057

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

After a few minutes of staring out at the calm river, he glanced over his shoulder towards the cabin and decided it had been enough time to perhaps have made that fake phone call he'd mentioned. It was strange to think of the three occupants inside who he would've never seen coming a couple of years ago. What a whirlwind it had been since finding the injured angel in the woods, hunting a dark magic that she and her family couldn't shake. The path that led them to the here and now was something that he still couldn't believe himself at times.

Dominic walked back through the front door and knew the two had been in a tense conversation. Despite the ability to hear them more easily than most because of his supernatural abilities, it was clearly written all over the women's faces. Sure, he was used to the whole parents not really being thrilled that their daughters had chosen him, but that was many years ago when he was a young man getting into trouble. Funny how that can come about again when you get into a more serious relationship so many years later. Any other time he wouldn't care what Sophia thought of him. She had made it clear about her feelings towards him weeks ago, but this time Dominic was annoyed that she had a point when it came to the immortality issue. It was something he thought of from time to time, but that was also long term. They needed to sort out the present before they could ever get to a future.

He glanced back over to Siobhan who seemed to have a knack with taking care of Adam as if she'd taken care of babies in her spare time. He wondered where she'd learned it all from. When her eyes moved up and towards him and her mother with a command to eat, he looked sideways to Sophia before walking passed the table and pouring himself another cup of coffee. Sighing, he watched the dark liquid fill the mug and reminded himself that he knew the day would come when the cabin would become quieter again. One more awkward breakfast to get through.

An hour later and Dominic was standing in his workshop, glancing at the tarp. He lifted the plastic and saw the crib Siobhan had been working on underneath. The girl had some skill, there was no doubt. She seemed to always surprise him with her talents. He picked up the woodwork and headed back outside toward the truck. The disheveled blankets and pillows they'd slept on the night before were still in the bed which he gathered together and lay on the grass to replace with Adam's new crib, making sure to secure it properly down with rope. Afterwards he headed back into the shed to grab the car seat he'd brought back from his work that had been left in an abandoned vehicle they repossessed a few years ago. Never in his life had he thought he'd actually need one, but there was a reason they kept all the stuff they reclaimed at the junkyard if it didn't sell; eventually someone would come looking for it.

It was a battle putting the car seat in and at one point he considered breaking it into a thousand pieces for how overly complicated it was to install, but after many curse words and growls, it was in. The women's voices drifted over to him on the wind as he lifted his head and saw them heading towards the truck. Sophia didn't have much in terms of possessions since being at the cabin as she carried Adam and her daughter a small bag with her belongings. He took the bag from Siobhan and placed it in the back, pointing to the car seat. "I think I did it right, but no promises," he joked quietly to the angel which Sophia apparently didn't find funny as Dominic dropped his smirk and climbed into the front seat.

The drive through the territory and into the city was fairly quick as he followed the directions to the apartment. It was still strange to him that Siobhan had been living here at one point when things were at complete odds with them. His memory still had no recollection of the place, but of course that was expected when they hadn't been seeing each other during that dark period. He'd only been there once before after the entire ordeal and even then it was not at a high point of their relationship. Parking, Dominic unhooked the crib and began the awkward lifting and moving of the furniture through the front door and into the apartment. It still looked the same as it did the last time he'd been there as he squeezed it through one of the bedrooms to set down, hearing Siobhan behind him. "I think Hannah would be more than grateful for you and your mom."

Breakfast went quietly as Siobhan had become quiet not bothering to keep up friendly conversation. Focusing on the Adam who seemed happy as a clam to be sleeping and eating. What a simple life he had at that moment. She wondered what his future held, if he was going to be magical or human. She hoped for him to be human like his mother. She hoped he would have a happy normal life and never have to be part of the world his father was from. As breakfast past she watched Dom make his escape outside, she didn’t stop him allowing him the little peace before taking her mother and Adam into town to the place the Bradfords gifted her.

Hours later she had helped her mother pack things up giving her the cold shoulder every time she tried to talk to her about her relationship. While she loved her mother dearly. This was a subject she was to never have a say in. She wanted to live her life for herself. She had spent so much time seeking approval from others. Yet Dom was the one person she saw in her future. Handing her mother Adam she helped pick up the few bags of things that she had and moved out of the cabin, moving closer to him and smiled towards him at his joke, with a soft chuckle before rolling her eyes at her mother's reaction. “I am sure you mastered the carseat beast.” she bumped him with her hip as she moved placing the bags in the back and moved to sit beside Dom, crawling halfway in the back to help her mother with the car seat before sitting in to buckle her own seat belt.

As they pulled up to the little place she had lived in for a short time she reached in the pocket and handed the key over to her mother as she moved inside first and Siobhan got the bags and soon. She moved to packing up the few things she cared to keep from the closet and moved them to rest on the kitchen counter. She looked around the place that never really felt like home to her but had put a roof over her head for a short time. After some time assuring her mother that nothing ever happened in her bed she joined dom in the room that was to become Adams. Looking over the crib for a long moment before focusing her blue gaze on Dom. “She was grateful for us all in the end. She felt safe and loved, something she  hadn’t felt all her life.” She said as she moved closer and touched the edge of the crib.

She got to work putting some touches around the room to make it more a babies room before looking to him for a moment. There was so much they need to talk about, some much she didn’t want to talk about yet she couldn’t bring herself to ask questions about the future at least not until it was just them again. She looked back to the bed for a moment and the words left her mouth before she could ever stop them. “Have you ever thought about having children?” She wanted to eat the words the moment they left her mouth. She turned to face him to tell him not to answer when Sophia entered the room and the quiet settled in.

“You manage to master your father's work.” Sophia said as she moved closer looking over the crib rocking Adam in her arms. 

“Stephan was better.” she said softly as she looked over the crib and smiled. “But I think dad would have been proud.” Siobhan looked to the infant and kissed the top of his head softly. “I will come visit often, and if you ever need a babysitter just call me.” she said to her mother. “If anything weird happens call Billie, she will get me here quickly.” she said and then took a step away. “I’m gonna go load up some of my stuff.” she shot a look to her mother and moved out of the room.

The moment the front door closed Sophia sat the sleeping child in the crib and then looked to Dominic with serious eyes. “Keep her safe, and if you don’t think you can. Send her to someone who can. I have lost everything, she and now adam are all I have.” She looked to the baby. “She thinks I don’t want her to be happy. That is all I have ever wanted but I knew for a long time she attracted things. I have just always wanted her safe.” She stepped back. “And you both clearly need to have a serious talk if things are going to keep getting serious.” She stopped talking when the door opened again.

Siobhan poked her head in and whispered “ready to go wherever you are.” she pushed the door open and moved over giving her mother a half hug. “See you soon.” she pulled back to move back out the door and leave. She walked to the truck with a box that she placed in the back seat and then slide back into her own spot and raised her foot up to bring her knee up. Resting her elbow on her knee as she waited for him to climb into the cab of the truck.

Dominic looked down to Siobhan as she came next to him, taking in the words she had spoken of Hannah's gratefulness. He stayed quiet and thought about the short time she had had out of that monstrous house. Life had been tough on her even before she fell into the clutches of Lucifer's psychotic plans. He had never asked or really wanted to know what the young woman had gone through while being there, but it ended up with her being a slave and pregnant with a baby that had been experimented on while in the womb. None of that being of her own decision making. To think that the weeks she'd been with them at his cabin was probably a highlight in her life was just sad.

He pulled himself away as the angel began to fix up the room to be more fitting for a baby. It was all bizarre and new territory for him. Being in a room meant for a newborn made him feel completely out of place. He'd be more comfortable on a mission in perilous danger than in the quiet of a baby room. Bringing in the few bags that had mostly diapers in them, he placed them on the floor near the crib for Siobhan to decide where they should go and was not upset that he wouldn't have to deal with that destructive force of nature. Just as he turned to make a joke about it to her, she asked a question that would normally cause a complete and utter shutdown of his system. Children? Dom was sure the expression showed just that as he stared with what could be described as a deer in headlights.

Before he even had the chance to probably say something totally nonsensical since forming a coherent thought was not a task he could force himself to do just then, Sophia walked in and completely shut down any further continuation of that conversation. He bit his lip softly and put his hands in his pockets, barely hearing the two as if he was listening to them speak under water. It was when Siobhan exited the room to pack up the truck did he finally snap out of it. His legs still felt heavy to the spot or he would've followed after her. Being in the baby room was awkward enough, but now he was there with Sophia who wasn't exactly rooting for him and her daughter. 

Dom's eyes landed on the baby as she placed him in the crib, preparing himself for whatever so-called wisdom he was about to get from her. He listened, staying quiet. Starting another heated conversation was something he wasn't looking to do, especially since he was going to have to deal with the question Siobhan had asked only a few moments ago undoubtedly brought about due to what had happened earlier in the morning. However, Sophia's words were more than a little confusing. Send her to someone who can keep her safe? Attracting things? What any of that even meant, Dom wasn't sure, but before he could ask, Sio was back and saying goodbye. 

Giving a quick look again to Adam, he nodded once to Sophia in farewell before following the angel back outside the apartment. Sliding into the driver seat of the truck, he started up the engine and began heading back home; the loud quiet of unspoken words hanging between them. Where to even start? Avoidance was easier and familiar, but that wasn't going to make the questions that needed answers go away. He glanced over to her for a moment and sat back a bit in the seat with a slouch in an effort to relax or at least appear that way. Dom decided to go with the more prevalent question. "Your mom," he began, pausing for a second. "She said something about you attracting things? Wanting to keep you safe. I know that's just normal mom talk, but it was the way she said it. It was like she knew something else. Like.. I don't know. Does that mean anything to you?"

Siobhan placed her arms around her knee that she had propped up after getting into the truck. Her brain going a mile a minute as it cursed her for even asking him the question about children. Did she even want children herself? Sure maybe one day but right now? No not so much. She had forever so to say to have a family if other things didn’t catch up to her. Hell she wasn’t even sure if she would be a good mom. Though her mind drifted to Adam the main reason her hormones were screaming at her to reproduce. Stupid little settings inside the female brain that just made things even more confusing. Maybe it wasn’t just Adam though, with the almost dying part of recent events it showed Siobhan how she wasn’t as immortal as she thought she was.

Though his face when she asked the question, was a very deer in the headlights look. It wasn’t something the pair had talked about even before she was forced to remove herself from Dominic's memory. It was too much and she knew that the moment the words left her mouth and now she was kicking herself mentally. Overthinking in the silence of the drive she hadn’t realized was started about how she made things harder for them even more so. Her blue eyes hung to the window as she listened to the nothingness that surrounded them with the drive. The pair had avoided a lot of normal talks for a long time now, since their lives had been overrun with one supernatural event after another.

Her gaze shifted to him when she saw him trying to look relaxed out of the corner of her eye. This was the time, they were going to be talking all night she would assume about everything that normal couples do. Well not normal couples but as normal as it could be for a nephilim trouble magnet and Ailward guard therian. “You don’t have to try and look relaxed. I know that kind of question from earlier makes you not so comfortable.” though he also didn’t bolt out the door or laugh in her face when she asked it so she now wondered where his mind was. 

Siobhan brow raised when he brought up her mom and she shifted dropping her foot to the floorboard and turning slightly to focus on him and not the road they were driving down to go back to the cabin. “Hmm.” Siobhan leaned her head back to the window as the night was darker and colder then it felt the night before as she spoke. “From working with Jon, Rissa brother, back when you were under Lucifer hex. I learned some things not everything I had hoped because I was running around getting coffee mostly. Then crime fighting what I could at night. I learned that there is a reason nephilims either stay on their own or in groups. Nephilims have a natural pull to dark natured beings.” She gave a slight shrug to him. 

“Though I don’t know if that is what my mother meant. I don’t think she knew about the supernatural.” Siobhan kept her gaze upon the wolf as he drove. “I remember dad would go hunting often.” she said softer as she tried to make sense of  the statement. “When he would come back he would tell me he slayed the demons for me. To keep me safe.” her eyes looked down for a long moment. “Mom use to yell at me sometimes about how I was nothing but bad luck. I never understood and Stephan would step in and protect me. I didn’t understand what was going on.” That sinking feeling of how she was the reason her brother and father were dead set in again. “Maybe she was right.” Siobhan pulled her gaze to the floor as she shifted her body back to watch out the window. “Maybe I can learn more about what she said. I am sure I can ask Clarissa for help or something.” Siobhan shifted uncomfortably in her seat for a moment as the rush of panic ran over her.

There was no more reason to avoid anymore though. “I’m sorry for popping the question on you like that in there. I guess Mom got into my head with the whole future plans talk.” she ran her hands along her jeans for a moment as she glanced over to him. “You have never been one to really talk about a future, and I have never really been one to ask. Our lives have been one supernatural thing after another. Frankly I don’t even know if I want children myself definitely not anytime soon. I mean hello immortal I have foreve…” she stopped mid sentence as if she felt stupid for not catching what her mother meant from earlier. The realization that this was about to become a much more serious conversation hit her like a ton of bricks as they pulled up into the yard in front of the cabin. “You’re not immortal.” she said as her brain tried to compute what that fully meant. Siobhan felt a weight in her chest as she frowned slightly not able to picture him not in her life.

Dominic put the truck in park and stared at his hands on the steering wheel as she said the words out loud. It was strange hearing it said into the universe. Perhaps because it made it more real. There was an uncomfortable, short silence that followed and he was feeling confined in the driver's seat as his fingers gripped the worn leather of the wheel harder. Turning his head slightly towards Siobhan, he looked in her general direction, but focused more on the floor that was stained with dirt, oil, and all other kinds of things from its long life of being a work truck. "No, I'm not." His voice was low with a matter-of-fact tone that was mostly to hide whatever emotion he could feel creeping up. "I'm mostly human when it comes to my mortality. This mug is going to get wrinkles, the grays will come in, more of them, anyway, and I'll be hunched over with a handicap tag on my mirror at some point because of all the crap I put my body through. If I even make it to that age." He said the last part under his breath, but not so much to hide the words. 

He finally looked over to the angel to meet her eyes. "I'm guessing we never had this conversation before." Sometimes it could be frustrating not knowing what they'd done or spoken about before his memory loss. More than sometimes. "Well, your mother was right. Sounds really awful admitting that aloud, but..." Dominic sighed and looked out the window to his cabin. He had never expected to be sharing it with someone long term, let alone for this conversation they were having now. Flying solo was how it was always meant to be for him and this was one of the reasons why. There were certain rules he had in place for problems just like this and he was stupid and selfish to prolong the inevitability.  

Dom kept going before he wouldn't be able to say the truth of the matter and she could begin talking again. "I won't be around forever and I don't expect you or even want you to stay around while I get older. You should be with your kind or another immortal to have children whenever you're ready." He shook his head with a sarcastic smirk and glanced down at himself. "Look at me. I have no business being a father. I can barely take care of my own shit and put myself in dangerous situations all the time. A child doesn't deserve that. Hell, you don't deserve that." Looking over to her, he closed his eyes for a moment and opened them again. "It's more than just about having kids. I just want what's best for you and I don't know if it's me. I feel like I always come back to this thought and I don't want to accept it as truth. I might be good for right now, but later, I'm not so sure. Seems to be the going trend when it comes to me and my relationships." 

Most other times his brain would be telling him to find a quick exit, but for once he didn't want to. Dom reached over and took her smaller hand in his, placing it on his cheek. "I care about you, Nani, I do, but I can't keep you from living a life that's better than what I can give you. I know we promised to sort out our problems together, but this is one thing we can't fix. Maybe we just needed someone else to tell us so because in the back of my mind I knew this would eventually come up, but I didn't want to face it." Releasing her hand, he leaned back against the door and glanced out of the windshield, looking into the vast wood at nothing at all. "I never expected to feel this way about someone. I never thought it would last because I'd push you away as I tend to do to everyone I care about or you'd come to your senses about me and leave. The other shoe was bound to drop on our relationship, but it hasn't despite the insane things that have happened to us. " His gaze moved over to her as he finished speaking, giving her the chance to respond while he could feel the tightening grow in his chest.

Siobhan stared at him as he stared at the steering wheel as a reality crushed around her. It was never a talk they really had because Siobhan had never thought about it. She knew guards had access to Virindeus who was the aspect of Life and offered the option of immortality via a ring or pendant. Even knowing that it was never a thought to her that Dom wouldn’t want that. Yet over the time they have spent together the more she knew that it wasn’t a choice he would make for himself. As his head turned but his gaze not focusing on her. She didn’t move her gaze as she soaked in his words. After hearing him talk about how he would age and slowly lose movement. Though him mentioning not making it to that age only caused her to wince at the thought of him not being alive anymore. This was a time when it was hardest to be a nephilim; over emotions causing her eyes to tear up blinking hard to keep them at bay.

As their eyes met she whispered back confirming what he said. “No I don’t think it was ever really a thought to either of us with all the danger I have put us in.” She said keeping her gaze on his but folding her hands together trying her best not to have her own nails dig into her flesh. She watched him look to the cabin and knew this was one of those moments she wished she could read inside of his head. She stayed quiet though to let him finish the thoughts he needed to get out. She soaked every word in like a sponge. Keeping her eyes to him even as he looked away several times. The tension in the cab of the truck growing with each word and yet every word he spoke only made her want to reach out and hold him. As he came to an end of what he was saying she could tell it was a big step for him to get all of this out in the air. After all this was the first serious talk they where having besides how she couldn’t run off on her own anymore.

She moved off the door and moved beside him. Her hand raised up to his cheek and her finger tips trailed lightly over it. “Wolfy.” She said softly as she looked to him. “Even though I would want forever with you, would want a family with you, would want to watch our kids grow up and have kids of their own I would never ask you to change your life for me.” She said softly as she moved her hand to take hold of his. “I want you and whatever time we have. So what if you age? So what you get older and grey? That isn’t going to change who you are here.” She said as she touched his chest with her other hand.

“Whatever time I can have with you I will take. I’m not looking for an out here. I am all in when it comes to you and I.” She said softly as she kept one of his hands in hers, and her other one on his chest. “I don’t want anyone else Dominic. They won’t be you.” She felt the tears wanting to over take the brims of her eyes as she looked to him. “Have you seen me? I have no business being a mother either. I get kidnapped way too much for anyone's good.” She tired to lighten the tension that was there for even just a moment. “You are what is best for me. Not just for right now. You have fought for me and beside me in ways no one should ever have to, even when you don’t remember me. The truth is there is a reason we found each other even if we don’t understand it. I don’t want to run, I don’t want you to run. Even if we can’t explain it there is something that works with this.” She squeezed his hand gently. “We work.” She said faintly.

Even though she tried her best a single tear slipped from her eye and she closed her eyes taking a shaky breath before returning her gaze to his. “I care about you, Dominic, more than I can ever express with words. But you need to understand you are not stopping me from living my life. I am right where I want to be. With you. You are right we did promise to sort out our problems and I’m sorry I don’t think this is something we can’t not not fix. So what my mother was right about the fact that I am immortal and you aren’t? There is so much worse in the world then getting what 80 to 100 years of being with someone I care about with every fiber of my being?” She looked to him with her head tilted as she spoke. “Anytime with you is worth it. I almost died Dominic. An immortal being. I almost died in your bed. Life is so unpredictable. I could die tomorrow, you could die tomorrow. The only regret I would have is not being with you every moment I could be.” She moved taking hold of his face in her delicate hands. “I want whatever time you will give me with you. For the rest of your mortal life or for eternity. Family or no family. All I know is I want you. Not anyone else. You.”

Dominic listened as Siobhan relayed the words he knew she would. She had a faith in them that he wasn’t sure he shared, but it wasn’t because he didn’t care about her and their rather undefined relationship. It was because he didn’t have much faith in himself and the track record of his past. Sure, it was easy to say that everything would be okay and they would figure it out, but that was because of the place they were in now. Later Dominic knew she would want different things in life. Saying she wouldn’t ask for him to change only meant the door was open for her to resent him when they came to that point in the road where major choices needed to be made. She would say it would never happen, but that was something she couldn’t be certain of, even if she didn’t intend to. It was the downfall for many relationships and they were no different.

The thought of him becoming older while she stayed frozen in time, still looking as beautiful as she did now, was something he would never come to terms with either. Siobhan could say what she wanted, but the thought of him being an old man with her was something he would never allow. He would end it long before that could ever happen anyway and he would hate himself, but it was the right thing to do. She would understand that one day.

So, now what? It was hard looking at her and trying to accept what his mind was telling him to do and say when he just wanted to go on pretending like this wasn’t a problem; that he could keep pushing it off another day. Another week. A few more years, maybe. He could be selfish for a little longer. Typical when it came to him and women; even the one he cared for most. 

Dominic’s hand slid over hers as it touched his face, seeing the tear that rolled down her cheek. He moved his fingers down and over her wrist before grabbing her elbow and pulling her towards him. His other hand gripped underneath her thigh and he lifted her to straddle him. His large hands cupped her face, brushing the tear streak with his thumb. Dom could see the other tears that were threatening to spill over the angel’s cheeks as he placed his forehead to hers for a moment before lightly pressing his lips against hers.

Some minutes later and they had made their way into the bedroom where Dom was determined to not think about anything else but feeling her body on his. It was better to get lost in these kind of emotions than the ones that hurt him more than he would allow to be seen. Yes, he’d wait for some other day. He couldn’t lose her yet. Somehow he’d find the courage to do what was necessary. The therian had run into dangerous situations for most his life, but he couldn’t find the bravery to hurt the person that meant everything to him.

As she lay on his chest, Dominic brushed the scar on her collarbone that was left by the dark diviner who had plagued her life. His finger lightly traced the shape of the blade mark and a few memories began to pass through his head which were only quick flashes of things he couldn't recall properly. He'd thought about going to Aureus more than a few times to see if he could recover the lost memories, but the aspect was hesitant on the damage it could cause Dom. He lifted himself up slightly to kiss her head, taking in her scent. Gaining those times together back now would only make things worse when he needed to break it off with her. Maybe he could plead with Aureus to take even more memories away later. He had a feeling no amount of alcohol would disguise the hurt when she was gone. For now, his finger moved under Siobhan's chin and he guided her lips to his before rolling them over in the twisted sheets again.

Siobhan knew what this was the moment he moved her into his lap. The avoidance, yet no matter how hard she wanted to fight against it she was scared if she spoke another word she would crumble. She could see the pain staring at her as he wiped the tear streaks away from her cheek. Closing her own eyes as their foreheads she got lost in the kiss, not sure how many more she would have with him. She knew she couldn’t convince him to love her, and to be loved by her. He would have to come to that on his own, if she was the one for him.

That thought caused her heart to ache deep in her, she knew that for her it was him and always going to be him. She pressed her lips harder trying to rid the thoughts that were infecting her train of thoughts. She didn’t want to let the dark thoughts in. Feeling her back on the mattress she wasn’t overly sure how they made it from the truck to the bedroom. She hadn’t realized until that moment she had forgotten what it felt like to have his body near hers. 

Laying there trying to catch her breath as his finger traced one of the scars from Lucifer she focused on his scent, his heart beat, how his skin felt on hers as she touched his abs gently. She felt like everything was going to disappear in front of her. Closing her eyes, swallowing back the tears that wanted to fall more now. Feeling his lips kissing her head then his finger pulling her closer for another taste. She didn’t fight it, she wanted as much as he would allow. After some time and the pair had worn themselves out she laid on him again, closing her eyes falling asleep for a short while to the sound of his heart.

Though with sleep often came the dark thoughts for her now. So as the voices started Siobhan’s eyes opened to look around the room to make sure that it was still just him and her. Watching him sleep for a moment she moved to sit on the edge of his bed and took a breath to calm the shaking feeling that had spread through her. Standing from the bed moving to the bathroom she looked at her bare reflection. Touching her scars each for a long moment frowning at her own reflection for a long moment before she moved back to the bedroom and picked up one of his shirts sliding it over her head. She moved into the main living area, making a glass of water.

She moved with it in her hands outside to the porch, she lowered herself to the rocking chair pulling her legs to her chest. Setting the glass beside her, her hands moved to cover her face as she let the tears flow quietly. No sound left her as they just rolled freely for a long moment. At some point she let out the breath she was holding in. She moved her hand to the glass of water before taking a sip from it. She looked out to the calm of the night for a long moment. It was close to morning, She could make breakfast for them. Her eyes moving along the treeline, she was sure Yaya would love some bacon.

She looked to her free hand’s palm for a moment. The urge to self harm herself was high, something was wrong. She was off. She just wasn’t sure what to do about it. She let out a long breath. She wondered if she reached out to Billie Mae they could talk more about what happened in those dark dreams. Trying to push the thoughts aside she rose to her feet and picked up the only slightly drank from glass of water, moving back into the warmth of the cabin. She hadn’t even realized she had been shivering until that moment. She looked back out the door, it was winter she should have known better. Shaking her head to herself she closed the door and moved to the kitchen to start the coffee along with figuring out what to make for breakfast.

She placed the pan on the stove when her eyes caught the outside in the direction where Hannah was buried. Her mind telling her ‘it should have been you’. She swallowed but she couldn’t fight the thought also. Why was she still here? She watched good people die over and over again. Her father, her brother, Hannah. How many people were going to die over her? Was she to blame for them all. Her hand tightened on the handle to the pan forgetting she had enhanced strength for a moment until the plastic of the handle broke into pieces.. “Shit.” She muttered as she released her grip on the shattered pieces of the handle as they fell on the stove and counter.  Blood flowing from her hand. She moved to the sink pulling some of the plastic pieces that where embedded there from her bloody hand.

The uneasiness of the day would not let Dominic sleep peacefully as his mind was somewhere between asleep and awake. His eyes opened groggily, finding that he was alone in bed. Instinctively his ears perked up and he could hear movement in the kitchen as the water from the faucet flowed, but it wasn't that which suddenly had him pulling at the sheets around his waist to free himself from the bedding with some haste. The scent of blood was faint, but nevertheless there, and he knew it belonged to Siobhan. Unfortunately, the smell was something very familiar to him.

After quickly pulling on a pair of boxers, he opened the door to the bedroom and saw her standing at the sink with the water still running. Dom's eyes scanned the area around her and he noticed the pieces of plastic that littered nearby. Moving behind her, his bare foot stepped in a stray shard of the broken pan which had made it to the floor. A curse left his mouth in reaction as he grimaced, leaning down to pull it free from his flesh and almost tripping over Weu as he padded over to see what was happening by sniffing at Dom’s toes. "Are you alright? What happened?" He quickly flicked the piece into the sink and glanced down at her hand which had a small stream running red with her blood. His brow furrowed reaching for a dishcloth nearby to wrap her palm while his gaze looked her over while she looked to the cut. There was a slight puffiness around her eyes and she seemed to be far off in her thoughts. A silent sigh escaped between his lips. He could give a pretty good guess as to what had caused her to break the pan. The coffee maker shut off which took his gaze away for a moment before looking back to her with an idea. "Why don't we go to the diner? Haven't been there in a while and I think your hand can use the break for today." Being in the cabin was probably only going to make the tension between them more palpable if they stayed home.  

After they had cleaned up the kitchen, Dom pulled a hoodie over his head and looked to Siobhan as she dressed with a wish he could make everything right for them. No, right for her. When she turned around, he tore his eyes away and reached for the keys that were still in the pants that he'd worn yesterday, hoping this invisible strain between them would dissipate sooner rather than later. He hated this feeling and he hated that he was a contributor to the cause of her sadness and even though he was trying to escape the heaviness of being in the cabin, sitting in the truck now had only confined them to a smaller space with their thoughts. Dom lifted his hand from the gear and reached for her uninjured hand. He leaned over and kissed it placing their clasped fingers on her lap, lightly rubbing his thumb over her skin while keeping his focus on the road still.

The sun was beginning to fill the sky as the new morning quickly dawned. The diner only had a few vehicles in the lot which he expected at this hour and most of those were the truckers that were passing through town on the main highway while driving their routes across the country. Walking in and taking Siobhan’s hand again, it was mostly quiet besides the conversation between the waitresses. A familiar face waved to them and shuffled over with a teeter from the heels she wore that seemed rather impractical for a person in her profession. He wondered if she was trying to impress a repeat customer. “Hey, ya’ll. Haven’t seen you two in so long! It’s good to see you, how have ya been?” It didn’t matter what time of day it was, somehow this woman always had a bright demeanor. 

“Heya, Patty. It’s good to see you too,” Dom replied, purposefully avoiding the inquiry she posed them. “Dying for a cup of coffee. Still have the best in town?”

She sucked her teeth playfully as if that was the most ridiculous question anyone had ever asked and shook her head which made the messy curls falling from her bun bounce. “Of course we do, silly. Come on. Let’s get you to your booth. It’s been cold without your little butts in them.”

Dom noticed the worn vinyl of the cushion still had the familiar tear in it which was caused by his wallet chain that got caught in the cheap material. The table still wobbled as he leaned his arms on it, never having been properly balanced since he started coming here years ago. This place was comfort to him and he supposed it was a subconscious decision his mind had made to maybe make himself feel better. 

Patty placed the cups of coffee down and leaned against the booth on Siobhan’s side. The woman rarely wrote down orders. She was a pro. “What’ll you have, sweetheart?”

Before Siobhan could answer, the sudden appearance of a meddlesome diviner from thin air casually sat next to the nephilim, making her bounce slightly from the shift in weight on the seating. Patty shrieked loud enough to cause every pair of eyes to look across the diner and Dom spilled some of the hot coffee over his hand, quickly unwrapping the cloth napkin that held in the utensils. “I swear to God…”

What?! You swear to God what, boy? I’ll knock you into next millennium and no God is gonna save you from that.” Billie Mae wagged her finger at him with every stressed word before looking up to the frightened waitress who was fanning herself with her small notepad. “I’m sorry, Miss Patty. Could you be a sweetheart and get me a hot tea with lemon please?” Patty could only nod in response as she was still trying to calm her nerves before shuffling off. 

Dominic shook his hand out and tossed the napkin on the table, leaning his head to the side in questioning as he looked at Billie with annoyance. “What can we do for you, Billie Mae?”

You can’t do anything for me. I’m here for my favorite little angel.” Dominic looked to her with confusion as she smiled to Siobhan, nudging her shoulder while carefully taking her hand which had been cut. “She reached out to me and so I’m here. Well, not on the phone, but you know.” Dom did know. Sio must’ve been thinking about the diviner and those thoughts must’ve been enough for Billie to feel she needed to come interrupt their breakfast. “I was thinking,” Dom couldn’t help but groan at that before she could finish her thought which made the older woman shoot him a look. “Why don’t you all go to my timeshare rental in Jamaica? You two need to get away. You’ve been through so much.” She was smiling far bigger than her normal and he had the feeling she was pushing this on them because of whatever dark thoughts Siobhan must’ve been having to have summoned her here. Dom looked down to his hands that were wrapped around the coffee stained mug not saying anything. A vacation would be nice, but with how things were… The silence hung in the air for a moment before Billie shifted in her seat. “Dom, do you mind letting Siobhan and I have a little time?”

“Sure,” he said simply, taking the mug and standing. He walked through the revolving door that looked like it hadn’t been cleaned in days and leaned against the building. His gaze peered into the partially empty cup as a part of him wondered what the two women were talking about. A big part of him also didn’t want to know.

Siobhan knew no matter how much she tried to cover the scent of her blood, he would smell it. His nose was better than a bloodhound. After all he was the Aspects best tracker for a reason. Her head turned to him as the door of the bedroom opened. She dropped her gaze back to the sink after pulling out the last shard and setting it aside. As she heard him curse she sighed softly “If your nose wasn’t so strong I would have had this all cleaned up before you know it.” She looked to him as he took hold of her hand pressing the dishcloth to it. “I am fine, I just forgot my own strength for a moment while I was zoning out.” She gave a weak laugh rubbing the back of her neck with the none cut hand. “Just my Klutzy nature taking over again.” she tried her best to not let him see the pain in her eyes. “I’m sorry about your foot need me to take a look at it?” Her gaze dropped as he looked to the coffeemaker. She looked back to him and nodded, “I think the diner is a good idea.” 

She moved picking up the pieces and placing them in the pot helping him clean up the kitchen before she slipped to the bathroom to doctor her hand. She moved braiding her crazy hair to look semi decent. Pressing a wet rag to her eyes to make the puffiness fade. Cleaning her face before taking a few deep breaths, smiling at her reflection before dropping the smile and looking to the skink for a moment. ‘Pull yourself together now.’ she told herself before moving to the bedroom and pulling on jeans and a black sweater. Giving him a smile for a moment as he looked to her after she finished pulling on her clothes. As they found their way to the truck her eyes looked to the cabin for a long moment before feeling Dom warm hand wrap around hers. She held it tight taking in the feeling reminding herself that this is the real Dom. Not the one the darkness liked to show her.

As the light of the morning sun casted into the cabin of the truck she closed her eyes and turned her face to the beams as they hit her. Something about a new Dawn brought hope with it. Letting out a soft breath she opened her eyes to the Diner and him beside her taking her hand as they moved inside. She smiled at the woman Patty as she greeted them. “Hey Patty.” Had it really been that long? She couldn’t even recall the last time they had been here together now at this point. A chuckle passed Siobhan's lips as Patty looked like she could smack him for daring to ask if their coffee was still the best in town.  Breaking their hand holding to move into the booth across from him she looked to the small jukebox that was on the table to look at the songs like she always did.

Her hands took the cup of coffee as it was sat down on the table and she smiled at Patty opening her mouth to order when her eyes locked with Billie’s letting the cup go just in time not to spill it as she bobbed for a moment. Most people would freak out yet Siobhan's eyes filled with tears. It was like Billie could hear her this morning, it was comforting that she would come. Turning her gaze to Dom as he spoke, her hand raised to her mouth to keep from laughing. Billie was the only person who ever snuck up on Dom; it made it hard not to chuckle at his reactions. She moved getting him a few more napkins from the despiser there in front of them. Chuckles left behind her hand as Billie Mae began to give Dom a hard time. She watched the woman and Dom, the pair were bonded, she treated him like a son and he respected her like a mother. It was the only reason she got to talk to him the way she did.  Siobhan would always love what they had between them.

Siobhan's eyes watched Dominic for a moment and felt her own eyes widen as she moved, taking her coffee in hand. “I was thinking this morning how I should check in with Billie Mae before the whole shattering the kitchen pot thing. I forget she can sense those kinds of things.” She chuckled but returned the smile to Billie Mae enjoying the fact she said that Siobhan was her favorite little angel. Though she was sure she didn’t know many. Siobhan reached out and rested her hand over Doms as he groaned at Billie Mae as she said she had been thinking. Her eyes staying on the older woman. “Where is Jamaica?” Siobhan had asked, knowing most people forgot she had basically been locked on a farm as a child and since coming to Evermore that is all she had really known. Not doing much traveling outside of the city itself. She really needed to pick up a book and learn more about the world outside her own little bubble. “If it's somewhere warm I would love to go, I need some sun for sure.” She looked to Dom for a moment and knew his mind was working to understand why she wanted to talk to Billie. She watched him get up and move outside, her eyes not leaving him for a long moment, She was sure he could still hear them talking after all the glass in the diner wasn’t thick. 

She turned her gaze back to Billie, taking a deep breath and reached out taking her hands in her own for a moment. “Hey.” She said as she looked to the older woman for a long moment. “I am glad you came, I did want to talk to you about the dark dreams and see if you had something that could ease them. Though I didn’t think you would come to the diner.” she chuckled weakly as she looked from Billie her gaze drifting to him outside of the Diner. “After getting shot the dream world I was hung in was a nightmare, darkness and everyone I reached out to just walked away from me. My mother was the only one I could catch and she ripped into me. Her words still burned in my head, ‘You have always been such a disappointment Siobhan. Ever since your father brought you to me all I wanted to do was drown you. You have brought nothing but hurt and pain in this world. Why don’t you just die already, how many hints do you have to be given until you see that you are not wanted by anything or anyone in this world.’” Siobhan repeated the words with a pained voice.

“I thought that night I had made them understand they are my demons and they can’t control me.” Siobhan's voice was shaking as her gaze had left Dominic some time ago to stare at the space between her and Billie Mae. “Yet every night now I close my eyes and the nightmare is worse somehow. Sometimes it's Lucifer, Sometimes it's Jack, Sometimes it’s even the person I trust the most.” She swallowed hard, “Sometimes it’s Dominic telling me to give up and those are the hardest to wake up. Especially when he is right there holding me and always telling me in real life that I am strong. What if I’m not Billie Mae?” Siobhan looked up to her with tears in her eyes. “What if one day I forget that those are nightmares and believe that the people who I love don’t want me.” She let out a shaky breath looking up to the roof to stop the tears. “What if everyone I love realizes I’m not enough?” Speaking her biggest fear out as she swallowed for a moment. “All I bring is pain to their lives.” She closed her eyes as her hands tightened the diviners. “I feel so lost and confused by this darkness that is filling me, telling me to give up. Sometimes I catch myself believing it. I’m not even sure if you have anything that could make it stop but I had to ask. I wanted to ask. I selfishly don’t want to leave this life I have. I love it. Living in his cabin, being a part of his life, being a part of the Bradfords life. I have never felt like I have had a home until meeting him. I don’t want to lose it all to my own darkness.” She wasn’t even sure she should speak anymore as she felt herself getting choked up now.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by ✓ Ophelia Dreyvalian ~Admin~.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service