Magnificent.

Just truly ethereal.

Those words kept ringing in his head, there was no stopping his train of thoughts to go astray off the settled course. The celestial has been thinking about a particular dhampir overnight. Today was an important day, to most people who had others to spend it with. To some, it was also a painful reminder. But to Hanseol? It was a day where he would relish in his own fantasies. It's slightly mixed with anxiety and fear itself, due to him trying to plan things perfectly and not wanting it to be something so precarious like the last time. Even more so, the word might not be suitable because the aftermath and effects from their previous time spent together was not wasted by a single second. Sure, they didn't get to watch the sunset, but they had more fun indoors, unexpectedly. He felt like a school teenager who is head over heels in love with his crush that decided to reciprocate his feelings shortly after a confession being made.

His dark mocha hues glazed over the canvas that stood before him prettily. It sure was pretty. Despite his multiple attempts on trying to make it work previously, today gave him all the kicks he needed to finally get it going. Maybe fate wanted to give a small Valentine's Day gift to him by blessing his painting equipments today. Either way, he was elated. He was able to spend the entire morning getting messy with his artwork. Jaesung Moon alone was already an art, but he wanted to associate the dhampir with something he likes, which was painting.

One night, he just thought sketching and drawing his pictures in his sketchbook wasn't sufficient enough. So he decided to make up for it to create a portrait, an actual portrait. He might not have half as much time as he had this week for next week, due to the work conference, so this will have to finish before the week ends. His entire look was a mess. But the good kind. No matter how far up his sleeves that he rolled up, the paint would eventually find its way on it. Well, he is one messy painter. Maybe next time, he should really debate on going topless when painting. Or at least, wear a sleeveless shirt. All those stains would not go off as easily as it came by, unfortunately. The celestial remembered just how long he spent scrubbing off the red paint. Red and yellow ones leaves the most mark on clothes for him. It was all about timing too. It was only by luck that the amount of shirts he's discarded away permanently due to the stains, we're countable.

For now.

While he was busy edging over the left side of the canvas to make proper measurement, he caught sight of the clock that was hung across the room. Oh yes, he had his own spare room just to work on his art, mostly because he just couldn't be bothered to clean up his mess if it was in the room where he sleeps and rested at. Too much effort, he thought. Twirling the brush in between his hand, he he switched his phone on and went straight to the calendar app. Oh, today is 14th of February. No wonder something felt off to him. Valentine's Day. Hmm, he has been planning for their next date, but never thought it'd come this early. Oh well, it's a special day that requires special occasion, so why not?

Hanseol switched off the lights and exited the room while texting Jae. ‘I hope you're free today, got something planned out. Ish. Meet me at the park we first met in an hour.’ It was short and simple. And vague. Enough to squeeze out the curiosity within. Smiling to himself, he threw his shirt away into the laundry basket halfway to his room and took a shower to get rid of all the watercolor stench. Sometimes mixing them up with the heavier layers would leave a smell. Not one he'd like to use as a cologne for sure. 20 minutes later, he got out from his bathroom, his hair all wet and didn't get the chance to pick his clothes in peace because Yeontan came trudging into his room. “I really need to start closing my doors-” When he saw Byul hopping inside happily, he facepalmed. “-nevermind..” The husky could open the door easily so there was no point in stopping the two mischievous furballs.

In a little over 20 more minutes, he was already ready and good to go. The fallen star tossed a pillow the Pomeranian's way when the pup barked at him as if he was teasing the life out of him for today. Such a brat. Shaking his head in response,  a small smile tugged on his lips as he reminded the two of them to behave while he's gone this evening before he eventually locked the door. Wrapping the overcoat over him, he looked slightly formal instead of his usual casual practical look. Slightly classical look today. No idea why he went with a Gucci cashmere coat today, maybe because he felt like it. It makes him look both mature and slightly boyish at the same time. There is an amusement park not far from the city center, and he's been wanting to go there since earlier this month. This is like killing two birds with one stone anyways.

Yet, he still took the time to walk instead of taking the spare car he made sure to get for emergency purposes that never came. He's a simple guy. By the time he reached the park, the time limit of an hour had passed and he waited for his dhampir, while sitting on the bench with his legs crossed and playing with his phone. He's gotta get around it, eventually.

Views: 953

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Jae was slowly finding his footing when it came to this relationship, testing his own limits and thoughts, he found the more time they spent together the more he could grasp onto confidence which surrounded him and while some of it was unintentional, he found himself becoming more comfortable and open with Hanseol. Hearing Hanseol echo his exact thoughts the dhampir smiled and nodded, his box smile making an appearance and growing with each addition made to the statement “Your rambling is typically one of the highlights of my day” Jae admitted and tilted his head slightly though the smile was still evident “I like the honest part of you” he added with a nod, Han was cute when he went off in tangents and often said things he might otherwise hold back.

The bright-haired dhampir had always liked giving people nicknames, it was his way of associating his thoughts and feelings into words and those words were representative of people to him. Most people got one specific nickname from him which would stick but with Hanseol there were so many that came to mind and each one felt right in different moments. Jae laughed softly when the other male admitted the name made him nervous “I know that feeling” he admitted in a low voice as though it was a secret “Though I like it, I like being surprised by nearly everything you say and do” he chuckled softly reaching up to press a finger against Hanseol’s cheek in an attempt to get him to look back at him and pouted when he continued to hide his face. “Well, I’m not okay with you being anyone else’s so” Jae gave a knowing smirk, though it softened hearing the way Han spoke about the two of them metaphorically, he loved the way the celestial seemed to come up with these far out comparisons.

Though as Hanseol continued talking the dhampir started laughing softly shaking his head a little, they were very close to one another, so much so that there really wasn’t anywhere for either of them to move other than stepping backwards “Maybe I needed you down here with me” he started with a semi-serious gaze, Jae could attribute a lot of the good things in his life right now back to Hanseol “The moon is just a rock without his sun after all” Jae chuckled at the adorable sulking position that the celestial took as he talked metaphorically. Perhaps Jae was a little selfish in all this, wanting someone the way he wanted Hanseol had a certain level of it, after all, it was him who had crossed the line and asked for more, something he had never asked of anyone before.

And being with Hanseol had done a lot of things to the dhampir’s confidence, helped him to understand what it felt like to have someone value you, something he experienced a lack of often if he was honest. As his hand rested against the celestial’s chest he could feel the way his heartbeat sped up which caused the dhampir to choke on his own breath for a few moments. There was no hiding and denying when it came to things like this. And his breath was all but gone as he felt the celestial place his hand over his, their fingertips cold from the winter air meaning he felt every tiny movement as their hands laced together. Jae just remained there for a few seconds, taking in the moment, enjoying the intimacy that he felt. There was no denying what emotion was plastered on his face as he lifted his eyes to meet Hanseol’s doe-like gaze.

“Then I’d want you to know that I intend to take good care of it, just as I hope you will mine” he admitted as he curled his hand into a fist, still holding onto the fingers that threaded through his as he slowly dropped his hand down. He loosened his grip on the celestial’s hand, running his fingertips over the back of Hanseol’s hand playfully before returning them to their rightful place, on the other side of the dark haired male’s hand, lacing through in a criss-cross pattern. Why was it that something like holding hands just felt so right to him, made his heartbeat quicken as he realized just how easy and beautiful it felt. He felt a little jittery in his chest but it was a good feeling, a certain kind of apprehension he tended to feel around the fallen star when real feelings showed “Look at you turning me into a sappy wreck” the dhampir teased with a shake of his head, man 2 months ago he refused to even talk about his feelings and now look at him, confessing to the star in every way his mind seemed to find.

Jae hated to see the way that Hanseol seemed to kick himself for the things he had been through like somehow he had asked for any of that. It was the same way when he had been attacked that day at the clinic, he had felt guilty for what had happened as though him being attacked was his fault. Hanseol had never done anything to deserve what he got in Jae’s mind but he knew the star didn’t feel that way, Jae imagined it was a big burden for him though, knowing this his simple existence was what put him in danger and even those who tried to protect him. The dhampir wasn’t deluded enough to forget the dangers he was putting himself in too. It made his heart hurt though, hearing Hanseol admit that the only reason he wanted to live was for the sake of others.

“I don’t think there’s any way to define normal when it comes to how you feel” he admitted with a slight frown, everyone reacted differently to different situations, he wasn’t sure you could ever define that one person had reacted correctly and another hadn’t, but he could understand why Hanseol could be tired of feeling afraid and wished to see an end to it. Sadly the world didn’t work like that, there would always be something out there to fear no matter how much you wanted to fight it. When Hanseol spoke those words about wanting to continue for him though, he sucked in a long breath, he knew the other male would feel his hands shaking a little in his “That’s a lot of pressure” he admitted honestly as he looked back at Han, honestly Jae really wanted Hanseol to see what he saw, because there were so many reasons he loved the other male and it did scare Jae that he wouldn’t be enough one day.

The serious topic seemed to fade though and it was replaced with a much brighter topic, though every time Han said the word boyfriend it only made the dhampir grin wider and wider until his cheeks hurt from smiling too hard “Ugh” he groaned a little in happiness “I don’t think I will ever tire of hearing that” he admitted with a laugh, he just liked hearing the ways that the celestial was his, because sometimes he actually had to pinch himself to believe it. The wink sent his direction caused Jae to dramatically place one hand against his forehead and lean backward as though he was going to collapse “You know I never thought I’d feel like this and now I can’t get enough” Jae smiled sweetly, he quite literally felt like he was addicted to the star’s presence at this point.

There were no doubts in Jae’s mind about what he wanted, he’d reconciled with that already way before now, the dhampir was loyal beyond words and he wasn’t the type to give up either, when he told Hanseol he was all in he had meant it, Jae believed in that us against the world kind of dream and he would fight for Hanseol with everything he had, for as long as the star showed him that same level of loyalty. And Jae did get the feeling he would have to, because Han was never going to be truly safe while he was what he was. And he did fear that he wasn’t good enough to protect him, that one day someone was going to take him away and Jae wasn’t sure how he would cope with that.

Jae was a little taken aback but Hanseol’s forward suggestions, so much so that he looked back at him with a sense of disbelief, of course it wasn’t a brand new thought to Jae, he found Hanseol very attractive and felt himself drawn to him, he had seen the other male shirtless for a total of about 3 seconds and that had been enough to send his mind completely off the edge. He swallowed again “Right” he responded before clearing his throat “But you realize that could be taken as something more meaningful right?” his gaze was teasing but also serious, they hadn’t really talked about that yet.

Jae didn’t really know what came over him, the rush of everything coming together he supposed. His brain was on a one-track path as he led Hanseol across the space and then he stopped. His expression showed the rawness of how intimidating he found all this and yet there was also a glint of determination there too, he wanted Hanseol to know how important this was to him and the only way he could think of to do so was this. He didn’t say anything in response to the star’s question, just held onto his collar for dear life before the two of their lips met.

All the breath left him as his entire body was filled with a mix of emotions and feelings, at first he felt stunned by his own actions but as the celestial eased into his kiss that turned to fireworks, white-hot energy that filled him with warmth from head to toe. All he think about was how he could have died happy right then and there, like everything in the world felt right for once. His hands were still against Hanseol’s coat, tangled up in the fabric like if he let go then the ground was going to swallow them whole but it didn’t and the sound around them just seemed to fade away. When he pulled back he exhaled slowly, eyes searching desperately for the celestial’s dark ones “None of them matter to me more than you, okay” he spoke it insistently “None of them”. It wasn’t until that moment that he noticed that literally nothing but the two of them were moving.

Taken back by it all he glanced around though he kept hold of Hanseol, not wanting to let him go, his lips parted in shock but mostly awe, so was this what it was like for time to stop? Jae laughed “Just when I think I know what to expect with you, you throw another curveball” he murmured eyes looking around at the surreal scene they found themselves in, it was kinda beautiful though, being in their own little world.

He was blessed. Truly blessed with the dhampir's presence in his dull life. Blessed to have someone that is him to accompany him to survive the end of the day. If he once hated this life, he no longer feels that way. Once again, he surprised himself just how much things changed for him ever since the mint haired male he had with him, came into his life. He didn't even expect to find a friend in him, much less more. But you should never say never, he understood that phrase now. Hanseol has never been lucky, luck and him had a bad history together. He just thought that nature told luck not to be lenient on him and so it didn't. But he definitely feels like the luckiest person right now. He got his furries, can't forget them. And he has someone to spend his time with. What more could he possibly want? Oh, safety reassurances. Protection programmes? Yeah, he should probably get around the brochures for that.

“I'm glad you like my ramblings. Maybe I would start rambling a lot more now that you told me you like them.” In all honesty, he was the one who found it weird and awkward. It made him flush in the ground of shyness whenever he rambled on randomly. So he was glad the dhampir was able to pinpoint one of his embarrassments and turned them into something he should love. Who's the real ball of light now? Was it Hanseol or was it Jaesung? It really looks like the latter. “You can ask me anything and I will say them honestly. Well, not everything I guess.. But still.” he mumbled sheepishly, a wide grin plastering itself on his lips like a never ending pose. Oh, he's going to keep smiling a lot today.

There were moments where he wasn't able to keep that smile on his lips intact, but the negative sights were immediately rid off when they found the brighter side of the other topics to talk about. The celestial still needed time to settle himself with the fact that he should trust Jae with what he's going to tell him but that part of him that denied it was still very much apprehensive on it, so it was difficult. It's okay, there's plenty of time, he told himself. Yes, he'll make sure they have time. It was no surprise that the star was an avid fan of skinship that results affection, so it wasn't hard to get him to blush or beam in delight. When Jae brushed his finger against his cheek, he closed his eyes shut briefly before whining. Although it came out similar to how a puppy would whine.

“You can't do this..” he pouted, really disliking the fact that he's so vulnerable to this and yet at the same time, he didn't even want Jae to stop. See where the logic lies? “Believe me, I'm not okay with you being someone else's too. Don't worry. I'm not going anywhere.” It wasn't long until he took a hold of his hands and gripped on them tighter, giving a mild squeeze in reassuring the other male that he was sincere about it. “Don't you know I'd travel around the globe just to be with you? Don't underestimate me, Moon. You can be selfish all you want, I'll still fall if you want me to fall.” Cheesy as it may be, leave him be to bask in his bubble of happiness with Jae. It wasn't often that he received this. Well, that's a lie. He gets this every time he's with him. But the point is that he's been deprived of this sentiment for long.

Jae really had him going weak. His heartbeat pace alone was the sole evidence he needed to know just how nervous he's always been whenever he's around him. If they were not in public, he would've kissed him right there on the spot. That, or he would've wobbled down to his knees because his legs could no longer support him as it could. No thanks to Jae of course. “You know.. You might as well just take out my heart and beat it. Because at this point, it's really beating at an uneven pace and it's not even related to medical conformities. But at least you know, all those gears working inside here? It's all because of you.” His hold against the dhampir's hand only grew warmer, following the heat the latter exuded against his cold self. “But thank you.. For wanting to take good care of it. It means a lot. In return, I'll make sure to take good care of yours.” Oh the twinkle in his eyes made him look so childish it was unreal.

This is why he hated the fact that he had to think about his safety each moment of the day. He had this genuine thing with Jae, but then he had to remember who he was. Because of what he was, he might never be able to live a normal life. Unless every single bad person was rid off the world which would be impossible considering there can be no light without darkness in the world. It has to be balanced. Or else, it will descend into chaos. The world is so unfair. All Hanseol wanted, is to have plenty of time to spend with his loved one. Enough time so he could see the man that the dhampir will grow into, the person he'll mature into. The potential around him was inhibiting. He wanted to be there for him. For everything. He wanted to be there as his proud boyfriend.

“I can always make sure to call you my boyfriend every time we talk. You always call me Daystar and plenty of other nicknames, it's only fair if I call you by a nickname too. It's an affectionate term anyways. It'll definitely give an alert to everyone to keep their paws off my man next time.” Yes, his man. That's right, the celestial literally just openly claimed Jae. “I mean, you're not the most normal person I've met so I can work with that.” Came the teasing making its cartwheel back into their conversation. Upon hearing that it was a pressure lying on the dhampir, he smiled softly and brought his hands up into their view. Their intertwined hands. He took both of them and pressed a soft kiss on the each knuckles. “Don't feel pressured. I'm just glad I'm given the chance to see a better future, that's all. It has you in it. I don't care if it's a year from now or something. It can be a day from now and it has you in it, then that's more than enough for me.” Talk about sappy, he's definitely winning that battle. Sorry Jae.

“And I never thought I'd even find someone that could connect to me, to talk to. Much less a boyfriend. I'm blessed though. That's enough. Maybe the world wanted to give me a chance. I'll take what I can get.” He will definitely make the most of it because this time is his. No one is going to steal them away from him. Just try, and we'll see. As it has been said before, he heard that celestials are fiercely protective of the person they form attachments to. No doubt in that. Although he'll go far beyond than just a celestial's instinct. He cares for him. He likes him. He loves him.

Surprisingly, he was nowhere near that shy mask of his when it comes to such matters. The suggestive idea he sent out earlier was so much similar to that of an innuendo, something he never thought he'd even use. “Mhmm, I do. Told you I keep my words. When I promise, I keep them. So believe me when I promise you that I will never look another person the same way I look at you. I will never think of another person the way I think of you.” If looks could kill, well, would it be killing Jae? So thankfully, it doesn't. “I can promise a few other things too though.” he teasingly winked and was just fully taken aback by what the dhampir didn't next. But the swell of happiness in his heart had exploded the moment Jae pressed his lips onto his own. The surge of electricity pawning off him and his stomach felt uneasy, but in a good way. Like his insides was being twisted. No idea how that's even a good thing but it felt similar to how one would describe butterflies in their stomach.

When Jae pulled away, his eyes grew wider and he looked so innocent at that moment. Well, minus the flushed look. That was when he noticed no one was moving. Okay, that was weird. He made sure Jae didn't let go of him as he analyzed his surroundings. It has only been what, good 7 seconds? “Oh.. I did not see this one coming. But then again, I didn't see that one coming either.” He exclaimed, indicating about the kiss earlier. He was getting daring and Hanseol found himself smiling at the thought of that. He wanted Jae to accept himself, and he's slowly doing that. Nothing could him even more proud.

“Uh.. Let me try and get this right.” he mumbled dismissively as he tried to undo the time stop. But not before he stole a kiss though. He had to make the best of this right? The celestial pulled the dhampir by his coat until there was literally just enough space to see him smiling before connecting his lips against Jae's. It lasted for about good 6 more seconds when he pulled away with a grin. That was when the time stop was lifted and everyone went back to what they were doing and the celestial was already tugging Jae to go elsewhere. “What, you think you're the only one that can pull that kind of stunt? Come on, I'm hungry..” How was it possible to see the duality in this guy? Possibly not in a lifetime.

The dhampir smiled softly, he liked the fact that he could encourage Hanseol to be more of his natural self, as much as Jae liked the bright person that Han was, he knew that wasn’t the full extent of who he was, he was far more complicated than that and that wasn’t a bad thing to the half-valkyr, he didn’t want some perfect picture, he wanted real. Jae smiled when Han said he could ask him anything, of course, he was sure they both had their sensitive areas which may take longer to share but for the most part, he felt like they were pretty open with one another “Oh, so you’re saying you could lie to me?” Jae teased with raised brows purposely meeting the celestial’s gaze, he could try, though Jae was doing well at learning Hanseol’s little habits and expressions.

The whining sound that came from Hanseol’s lips made Jae chuckle as he dropped his hand back to his side, Jae had always been the kind of person who showed their affection with touch, he was the one who would hug friends and family or annoyingly lean on people, if he was feeling really needy he had been known to lay on people’s laps too. Being possessive though, that wasn’t something he thought he was, but the very thought of his star with anyone else made him angry, Jae wanted to be his first and last everything, first kiss, first time, first love. And that was about as selfish as selfish got and the dhampir didn’t like feeling selfish.

“I don’t think I’ve ever been able to call myself selfish before” he admitted with a wistful look in his eyes, it was a strange realization for him, to put what he wanted before what others might want. Jae smiled at Han’s sweet declaration that he would follow him around the world and he gave a slight laugh when Hanseol referred to him by his surname “Well I don’t intend on going anywhere any time soon, my life is here right now” he didn’t know what the future held, what his passion may see him doing, whether he wanted to stay in Evermore, hell if he’d ever choose to turn his immortality switch on. There was time to make all those decisions, all he wanted right now was to live the life he had here.

It really was weird for him, how easy it was to feel like this with Hanseol. Jae had never really know feelings like this before, he’d told Hanseol as much that night he’d showed up out of the blue. They had sat up and talked all night but Jae couldn’t forget the way they had talked about love, how neither had had it but wanted it all the same. Jae was pretty sure this is what love felt like, wanting to know everything about someone, the good and the bad. “You should start getting used to it Daystar” the dhampir teased with a gentle smile, though the twinkle in Han’s eyes caught his attention and caught him breathless for a couple seconds “I hope to be making your heart skip beats for a long time” he admitted with a slowly spreading smile which lit up the whole of the dhampir’s face.

Jae laughed as he thought of the ways he was sure Hanseol would find to slip that word into near every conversation, it was sweet, he liked it because it connected the two of them together, speaking about the two of them as a collective, that was what made the dhampir weak. Mostly because he’d never desired to be in a relationship before this one, at least not one that he took seriously anyway. This relationship, this one made him think about the idea of love and of a future, it had him thinking seriously about the life he lead and where it might be in a few years time, it had him not wanting to go home to Korea when he finished studying. And all of that scared him, because they were big things to be thinking about, things that he hadn’t been expecting to even consider a few months ago “You say it like anyone would be able to tear me away from you” Jae teased with a smile, he literally didn’t see anyone else but his star, everyone else just paled in comparison when you saw a fallen star quite literally shine for you.

A shiver rolled over Jae as he felt Hanseol’s lips moving slowly over each of his knuckles, the feeling of it radiating through his whole body, he parted his lips just taking in the way it felt for a few seconds before he spoke “I just wish you saw what I saw” Jae admitted a little vulnerably “Because I think you’d love the person I see” he admitted with a gentle nod, Hanseol was smart and thoughtful, he cared about others before himself and was about as selfless as selfless came, he had passion which made people envious and that only fuelled his talents. He was sweet and at times goofy and fun “I’m glad to be a reason you’re looking to the future but I’m scared to be your only reason” that’s what he meant by pressure, because they were deluding themselves if they thought things were going to smooth or easy for them from here, Jae already saw trouble in the near future thanks to his family’s backward mentality.

How strange his life had turned out to be, from going from the guy who thought he was straight but was generally uninterested in anyone like that, to be in a relationship with another man, a relationship that he was proud of. If he’d told himself 6 months ago how things were going to be for him right now he would have laughed “I’m just….” he bit on his lip softly and then smiled “Glad to be the reason you feel less alone” he admitted. He’d hated the thought of the lonely like Hanseol must have led, especially because he had always had people surrounding him and a small taste of loneliness when he first came here was enough to put him off the feeling for life. Being alone, sucked.

Jae was definitely the shier of the two of them when it came to this particular topic, call it his conservative upbringing he supposed but that didn’t mean that he wasn’t interested, because he definitely was and he could tell the fallen star knew that. But when Hanseol spoke to him like that, his heart may have well just stopped because Jae had no idea what to say or how to respond. It didn’t help that Hanseol had a seductive knowing look in his eyes throughout the entire time he was speaking. Jae was just busy panicking in his mind, what would it feel like, how would he feel about it, what if he was bad at it. Thought after thought bombarded his mind. He was 21 and still a virgin, he should know what he’s getting himself into and yet he couldn’t help but feel nervous about it. But he wanted it, God did he want it.

The kiss. It was something he felt he needed to do. Jae didn’t know how he was ever going to face his fears any other way. But as their lips met one another in front of all those people he realized that he had nothing to be ashamed of. If this was wrong then he really didn’t want to be right. The time stop, however, that caught him completely off guard, his eyes moving around in awe of what had happened. Learning what Hanseol was capable of piece by piece was thrilling to him, he enjoyed seeing him come into his own and become stronger, it gave the dhampir confidence it what sort of future they could have. Jae was looking to the side as he heard Hanseol speak and then felt the celestial’s hands on his clothing, he allowed himself to be pulled in, leaning to the side a little they both leaned in, catching the breathtaking smile on the dark-haired male’s lips before he met his with a smile of his own, it was a surreal few seconds of bliss, lost in everything about the celestial from the soft warm feeling of his lips to the gentle scent of sandalwood that Jae had come to familiarize the celestial with, he really didn’t want it to end.

And then the sound came rushing back to his ears and he knew the moment was over, as Hanseol pulled away and began to tug him away Jae turned to the crowd and gave a sarcastic salute to spite their judgement before turning away from them and not looking back again “I think you are quite possibly the best kisser on this entire planet, Hanseol Park” he teased as he leaned closer to the star and lifted their joined hands up to wrap his arm around the back of Han’s shoulder “Which makes me a little terrified about what else you’re good at” Jae admitted with a low chuckle. Where did this sudden surge of confidence come from? Probably the fact he just faced his fears, either way, Jae was going with it.

Innocently he changed the subject “So what food are you feeling?” he asked not missing the fact that Hanseol said he was hungry, Jae was actually a little hungry too, all that thrill-seeking worked up an appetite and they’d only been on one damn ride so far “After food we are finding the pirate ship” he spoke with a grin “I want to see if it’s a good as I remember it, or if my nostalgia is just bigging it up” he suspected it was probably the latter considering he was twelve at the time but who knew.

It's been a while since they first met each other and yet the celestial couldn't grasp the reality that the person with faded blue turned to mint haired dhampir that could convince him to do anything, was actually his, now. If he had asked himself 2 months ago if he'd ever possess such a person to be by his side, he would never had guessed it right. There was still so much that Hanseol has yet to show Jae and he is willing to, but what kept bothering him day and night was time. Time was the essence of everything and even for someone who could manipulate them for at least a while longer, he sure was afraid of it. There were plenty of reasons why he is though. One, he's not exactly the safest person to be around with, not with all the hunts coming. Two, he's not sure how long he even has. Three, Jae is still growing and with or without immortality switch, Han wanted to witness every single moment happening for the dhampir. He desperately wanted that privilege.

All those worries will still be there another day, so what he's always doing was pushing it away for tomorrow until tomorrow comes and the problems became the next and the next. Until it was never going to end, that's okay for him so long as he has his time cut out to spending time with Jae. He quickly tried to find his words after Jae had purposely made him trip over it when he poked to see if the celestial would be able to lie to him. “N-no.. That's not what I mean.” Everything was scrambled up to this point. However, it did not take him to realize it was a teasing from him. Shaking his head his contemplation, he sighed heavily before nudging the other male. “You're impossible.” It was a lighthearted teasing, it made the celestial smile even wider, if that was even possible. His jaw didn't feel tired, so it was surprising.

Han wanted to say that he too was selfish like Jae, but he knew he couldn't. Not outloud. The star could never admitted it outloud that he was a selfish person, because he wasn't. And sometimes he was aggravated by the fact that he couldn't allow himself to feel at least the tiny bit of selfishness. He was allowed to be selfish, especially after what he's been through yet he couldn't give himself the chance to do that. Not saying that being selfish is a bad thing, it was one trait that every living being is allowed to have. This is why Hanseol will never truly be able to live his life right by himself because he will always be that selfless guy who put everyone else's needs before his own. If you'd ask him to leave a stranger on the road for him to save Jae, he still would try to make him own escapade and save both. His indecisiveness always plays a huge role in it. The only times he ever felt selfish was when he wanted Jae all to himself but even that never lasted long. Who knew being selfless was his weakness as well as his strength?

“I'm glad you're here. What would I ever be without you. That hard-headed case of a guy, probably.” Eh, he's still hard-headed. Just not too much around the people he likes. “I'm looking forward to getting used to it, don't worry.” The same smile that lit up the dhampir's face came on to his own, where his eyes was pouring with love, and if those things were visible, he'd be drowning in it for others to see. He was touched by Jae's words immensely. It only motivated him to live his life carefully so he'll have plenty of time to spend it with Jae. Every single milisecond of it. “I'm sure you will. This heart is not beating for anyone else but you. I promise you that.” Han did however, inadvertently promised the second layered meaning to this – that he would only live for him. It's unhealthy but the celestial didn't know that. If anything happens to this relationship, it's going to break him in half like how life’s never done him before.

“I'll fight Death himself if it tried to take you away from me, believe me.” Seeing as how the celestial was being very adamant in not losing the dhampir, he might actually do that if it came down to it. The star was not kidding when he said he'd do anything for the dhampir. It was a usual occurrence for him to be fishing for compliments to come out of Jae, but this one was by far, the sweetest thing he's ever said to him, and honestly? Coming from him, it's like a big deal since Jae always seemed to shower him with sweet nothings and he loves it. He loved how it only takes one sentence from him to make him go 90. “I don't need to see me to know. 난 오직 널 보고 알기만 하면 된다. (I only need to see you to know.)” he whispered softly, with a look so tender he might as well melt into a puddle right there. He still couldn't believe just lucky he got. Jae was the whole package. He's beautiful, witty, intelligent, a whole reckless fluff that he just really goes weak over, and his positivity was a shining ray of sunshine for him. It kindled the fires in him to burn bright for the dhampir, or rather- shone.

The moment he said that, Han instantly knew. The pressure that was invisibly weighing on the dhampir's shoulders. The thing he thought would be nonexistent but was there from the first time. “For now, you are. I won't lie and say you aren't. You gave my life a meaning.. But you're my anchor. Which means you'll give me inspiration and motivation far beyond anything or anyone could have given me. It will take time but when the time comes, I'll be filled with more happiness to find more reasons to live. That's enough for me. I am a simpleton, afterall, aren't I?” he teased, brushing their hands together in doing so. How he loves the warm friction between their hands whenever one of them decided to play with them. “So don't worry, I'll find my way very soon. You just have to be there for me.” he reassured. He wants him to be there to see him grow too.

Every time he looks at him, he couldn't help to be engulfed with this sudden want to wrap his arms around his body tightly and never let go. The celestial wanted for the dhampir to share him warmth with only him and he knew it was the start of the selfishness he never knew he had inside him. This made him excited, to see new things unlocked as every moment passes by. Day by day, he found something new because of Jae and he couldn't wholly describe just how happy it has made him. If it was up to him, he wanted to bring Jae back home so he could spend the entire day cuddling, where he could spoon him from behind and pepper him with kitten kisses to show his affection. But alas, today was that day where he needed to show that affection out in the real world and boy, he was not shy to do it.

Another boost to his ego, and while he was actually just burning from within due to that compliment, he masked it off with a knowing smirk and a wink instead. It's his coping mechanism when it comes to the dhampir. It's worked very well too. “I have to be. Let's be real here for a moment, I'm going to be the only person you're going to kiss with those pretty lips of yours. So might as well get very used to it, handsome.” The amount of winks he always managed to send Jae's way should be illegal. It was hard to count this month alone. “Trust me, there are plenty of things I know I want to be good at. I'm just not sure if you want to know them just yet.” As if a storm came flashing right above them with a dark cloud pouting on Han, his voice dropped an octave lower, resulting that same guy who only came out occasionally around the dhampir.  Jae's confidence didn't feed himself only, it fed the celestial too.

“You really shouldn't ask me. I would eat anything.” he admitted outright, his face slowly morphing into a bright child. “Those that are edible of course. I think I saw a pizza parlor somewhere in the maps earlier. Not sure where it's going to be. I'm a bad navigator afterall, mind showing me the way? I mean you've led me into your heart trap all the time, this should be easy.” Of course he would not miss out the opportunity to tease him. When has he ever? “Just so you know, if you're scared just hold my hand. Eh, even if you aren't, just hold my hand.”

Jae definitely felt more in his element around Hanseol than he did when they first met or even in the first few times they were together, he found himself falling into this comfortable state that he liked the feeling of, it was natural, the way the two of them moved together and responded to one another. He found himself able to tease the star and enjoying doing so, something that Hanseol tended to be the only one doing in the beginning and it revealed to Jae the fact that Hanseol was a lot more vulnerable than the persona he sometimes put on, there were layers to him, he could be shy at times, egotistical at others, he had pride but other people’s welfare always seemed to trump it “I’m improbable” he responded to the other male’s nudge with one of his own, if he was impossible he wouldn’t be here after all.

Selflessness was something they both shared when it came to others Jae knew there was quite literally nothing he wouldn’t do, he hated seeing others in pain, that was the whole reason he had become somewhat of a clown, it was his way of bringing joy to others and making their hardships feel less. So it really was strange for him to feel a sense of selfishness, the only other time he’d done so was when he had insisted on coming to America even though his parents had clearly expressed their opposition to it. Jae supposed that was him taking some level of control over his own life and he knew that eventually, he’d make them understand it was for the best. But with Hanseol, that was a whole different level of selfish, the celestial had him wanting things he never knew he could want.

It felt good to be about to share his thoughts and feelings with Hanseol, Jae had always been the bottle and hold on to it kind of person, he didn’t want to share his burdens onto others because he saw how hard people’s lives were already without taking on his worries. But with Han he found himself wanting to open up, to be vulnerable in a way he wasn’t with anyone else, not even his family or closest friends. Hanseol Park got to see sides of him that others didn’t even know existed “You’d still be you” he breathed softly and smiled, as much as Hanseol credited himself to Jae, the dhampir saw a different picture completely, he saw a person who he loved for who they were, even before the two them met. “Maybe with a slower heartbeat” he teased softly, though he did feel his hands shake a little when Hanseol essentially said he was living for him. That scared Jae a little but he did his best to push the emotion down, he truly believed with time he could make Hanseol see the person he saw.

Jae knew they couldn’t make promises about not ever being apart, they both knew the danger they were signing up for but they had both continued on with it anyway, Jae didn’t want to live pessimistically waiting for something to happen but he was also aware that it could. Hell it had already, he’d seen the attack on the clinic with his own eyes and that scared him, it scared him because he knew someone might succeed. The soft whisper from Hanseol’s lips sent chills over Jae’s body, there was something about his voice that the dhampir was so in tune to and when Hanseol said things like that, with sincerity in his eyes, Jae didn’t know how to resist. Hanseol could probably ask the world of him and Jae would try to get it for him, but the best part about the fallen star was knowing he never expected the world, just a small part of the dhampir “너 내 인생을 밝게 해 (You brighten my life)” Jae spoke softly, he wanted Hanseol to know that he brought positivity to Jae’s life too and that this wasn’t a one-sided thing.

Jae could feel the pressure on him and he didn’t think that it would just dissipate, he was the kind of person who would hold that burden for others because he wanted to be strong for them. And Jae was a very strong person. Hearing Hanseol admit that right now that was how he felt was enough for him, he couldn’t force the celestial to love himself and he sure as hell wasn’t going to turn his back on him either, so he would bear the pressure for them both until the star was ready “You’re a simpleton and yet complicated beyond words at the same time” Jae admitted with a chuckle, when the star started playing with his fingers Jae responded, looping his fingers around his in a playful movement, enjoying Hanseol’s touch against his “But being there for you, that’s something I intend to do” he spoke softly tilting his head to the side “For whatever you need” and he looked forward to seeing the person Hanseol became during their time together.

Jae had his own level of wants when it came to their relationship, he knew things were new right now but he couldn’t stop the way he felt about it all, he loved the way that Hanseol’s lips felt against his skin, from his lips to his knuckles, he wanted more of that. He wanted dumb afternoons spent together talking about everything and nothing all at the same time. He wanted to feel the celestial’s arms wrapped around him in the moments before they both fell asleep wrapped up in one another. The dhampir had never had a relationship, not a real one, that branched any further than high school anyway. He’d never really known how much he craved the very basic idea of one until the celestial had come into his life and shattered everything he thought he knew about what he wanted. And honestly, he wanted Hanseol to be his first, he had no doubts about that, he had never felt ready for that with anyone else before, but with the fallen star it just made sense in his mind.

Jae felt his cheeks burning a little as the celestial kept talking, it was unfair how easily he could talk about things like that, like it wasn’t a big deal at all, except to Jae it was a very big deal “I don’t think I ever want to be fully used to it” he admitted with a soft smile as he pressed a hand against his own chest for a moment “I think I’m starting to like the butterfly feeling” he admitted with a chuckle, he hoped he always felt that swell of happiness and excitement he tended to feel whenever the two of their lips met. Speaking of butterflies, they came back in full force at the celestial’s next words, especially because his voice dropped lower as he said them. While his body felt like it was jelly he didn’t want to agree with what Hanseol said “I think you’d be surprised” Jae admitted matching Hanseol’s tone, though his eyes showed a certain level of sincerity in what he said.

“So there’s no food you dislike?” Jae questioned curiously, he was a bit of a picky eater himself but he could handle most junk food just fine. Regardless while they were talking he wandered over to one of the maps that were dotted around the place and found the pizza place on it and then began steering the two of them towards it “Does your brain just come up with the cheesiest lines you can think of?” Jae asked in response to Hanseol talking about a heart trap. The dhampir reached up and tapped Han’s chin with an endearing smile. At the mention of hand holding the dhampir’s eyes moved to their already joined fingertips and smiled, he loved the way their hands fitted so well in one another “Careful Daystar, I may start to think you’re only with me for my hands” he chuckled remembering the conversation they’d had on hands last time they were together.

Jae was a decent navigator and managed to find the pizza place they were looking for without too much trouble, once he was there he moved ahead to open the door for Hanseol with a chuckle, the dhampir had been raised to be a gentleman after all. Once he headed through Jae followed him inside and then followed him over to the order counter. The green-haired male turned his eyes up towards the menu and debated what he wanted to eat, Jae was definitely indecisive when it came to food, mostly because he wanted all of it and choosing felt unfair.

Hanseol knew for this to be the first time he's ever felt such element surrounding him, he should feel awkward around it, but he didn't feel awkward at all. He felt comfortable around Jae, most of the time wanting nothing more than to just embrace the dhampir from behind and lay his head on top of his shoulder. The celestial had a suspicion that he had this inherent clingy side to him that could easily be quenched by the dhampir showing affections to him. “Improbable is a way to describe it, sure.” he snickered and ruffled the dhampir's bright locks, the celestial really just loving the way his hand was tangled in his hair. It's a sensitive spot for most people, hence why he always seemed to target it. There was still so much that the celestial still hasn't learned about Jae, and he's waiting to see if he's able to see them anytime soon, so he'll be able to care for him. In order for him to do that, he needed to know how he is.

Feigning offense to what Jae said earlier, he brought his free hand up and flicked his forehead as he shook his head. “Look at you. Being bold and snarky. A little too confident, aren't you?” he chided playfully, only to rub the spot tenderly afterwards, trying to sooth the pain. “I like this you. But then again I like all of you, so there's not really much of an argument to go around in the first place.” he added, smiling brightly at the latter. If hearts could be poured out, it would've drowned the amusement park already. Of course he would never actually do anything without bringing reinforcements for the aftermath treatment. Truthfully, the swell in his heart was only getting bigger than ever the moment he heard that just him being himself was enough for Jae. He wouldn't lie, his insecurities got to him very often despite not showcasing them. There were times when he felt extremely discouraged by them alone.

Hanseol told himself that because he ran away from a fight, he was a coward. But because he ran away from a fight, he also ensured a stronger sense of longevity. Though which one is better? The first or the latter? So he needed to hear that. Nothing could ever prepare him for anything in the future, he knew that. One slight misstep was all that it needed to jeopardize everything he's built; this. Perhaps, it was the very reason why the star preferred to think about tomorrow and the day after, or even about next week, but never next month or year. He couldn't bear the heartbreak if anything were to happen during the span of time he'd given himself. All he wanted now was to get to know Jaesung Moon a lot better and spend more time with him so he'll at least have good memories to keep. That was more than enough.

He admitted hearing the confessions in their native language was a lot more special and significant. It could just be preferential matters but it felt stronger than the words gone around in their second language. “누군가가 허락해 주기 때문에 나는 오직 밝게 빛날 수 있을 뿐이다. (I'm only able to shine brightly because someone allows me to.)” he mumbled softly, his eyes were close to giving a whole galaxy to the male dhampir had he asked it of him. “If there was no trigger, then the light would only remain inside, dimmed and trapped.” Ironically, that was what happened to him before all of this. Before he met Jae, he didn't care to push himself to see if his light will resurface, but after witnessing the attack that brought in Jae as collateral damage, he couldn't bear to think such things could happen again. The last thing he wanted was for the dhampir to get hurt, knowing fully well he'll never be able to live the guilt down.

“Being normal is overrated right? I heard a lot of people keep saying that.” he grinned sheepishly at the statement. Maybe he was weird, but he's his own kind of weird. He wasn't supposed to be that easy to bypass originally anyways, all the decades spent in the dark only toughen him up in ways no one could ever have thought. Thoughts he only kept to himself. The part where he wished he didn't need to divulge with Jae, because despite the dhampir accepting him for who he was, what kind of person didn't want to be perfect in the eyes of their significant other? Being raw and real was one thing, but being read is another. It's okay, telling a lie because it's a white lie is fine, that's what he kept telling himself. Just a while longer, just enjoy this while he can.

Clasping their hands together, the celestial smiled endearingly towards the mint haired male. “I always seem to get lucky on most part, but I never thought I'd get this lucky.” It was clear that Hanseol was more than likely willing to do anything for him, and he wanted Jae to know that if he had asked him of anything, he'll do his best to accommodate it. Though if it was about loving oneself, that would take time. No way in knowing how long unfortunately. “And I you. Whenever you're burdened by anything, or just got tired of life being a pain in the ass, you know what number to dial or to text. I told you I'll drop everything on my schedule for you and I mean that. I can be on a plane halfway across the world but if you need me, you bet I'll find a flight back home on the next stop.” Oh he would, he definitely would.

Hanseol might be timid and shy on the front sometimes, but then the other part some people would witness was a closed off quiet guy who would snap at any knowing second. Depends on who the person is. Being cheesy and sappy was something he never thought he'd be until now. Until he found someone he really wanted to be with and amount to his own goals together. That should be a good thing then. Jae was his driving force to getting there and maybe someday, Han might be able to think for himself. Unlike Jae, he had no experience in dating or stringing up a relationship anywhere. The celestial didn't even know what love even meant, not the romantic ones. All the nights he spent researching about them didn't help until he felt them firsthand. It was euphoric. As if he was free to fly without any worries. Perhaps in his fantasy, but it's okay to dream big.

“Get used to them. I intend to give more.” he winked and chortled before wrapping his arm around the dhampir, mimicking the same gesture he did before. “Nope, I'm not picky when it comes to food, modern day food are always better. Back then we used to boil everything, so I'm learning not to take things for granted anymore. Besides, you guys have vending machines and half cooked meals, that's like very convenient. Boring but convenient when you're lazy to cook. I can't count the instant noodles I have back home, I probably should go on a grocery trip so I can restock them. But it's just me, so I'm not really worried.” he was poking into Jae, giving out the invitation for the male once again. Living alone can be quite lonely afterall, everything seemed steadfast and tedious. Even Byul and Yeontan couldn't get rid of the loneliness underlying in his roots. Getting used to them doesn't mean he needed to. “And my brain is wired to be very unpredictable. I'm just giving back what you gave me though. So I don't see where you might get the logic.” he chastised and pinched the dhampir's cheeks as the latter tapped his chin.

“I mean when you're blessed with those hands, how can I not? You forget I'm an avid painter, and I like visuals in general, aesthetically pleasing things to look at, or people. I can't properly color your personalities yet so I can't say anything about that. But it doesn't take a brainer to know you're a beautiful person inside and out, darling.” he mused, entering the pizza parlor shortly after they found it. His tone sounded casual yet his insides were actually having a war with itself, burning every single thing that was inside him. Stay cool, he mumbled silently to himself. “But I'm just saying, I like holding your hands, I'm not ashamed of it.” As he mentioned that, his grip around Jae's hand only tightened. It molded perfectly with his own, like it felt just right. Looking at the dhampir from the corner of his eyes, he wondered what got him so focused. “A large Hawaiian Pizza, extra on the ranch please.” he ordered, and glanced over to the dhampir next to him. “It's ordering pizza, not making them, Jae.” he nudged the male playfully. Though it was very amusing. Very amusing indeed.

When Hanseol ran his hand through Jae’s hair the dhampir laughed, especially because when he was done the strands flopped all over his forehead messily, he blew a strand upwards and smiled shaking his head, the intimacy of those touches was thrilling to him. Jae had always been quite a touchy and tactile person but it was usually one-sided, he would be the one that hugged people or sought some kind of touch from them. But Hanseol, he seemed to like touching just as much as the dhampir did, considering the two of them had barely managed to keep their hands off each other this whole evening. He didn’t care though, he enjoyed the feeling he got when his hands were against the celestial’s skin. If they weren’t in public, Jae would probably be much worse than he was right now.

The green-haired male chuckled softly when Hanseol called him bold, the feeling was pretty new for him too but he liked the confidence that the celestial filled him with “Well confident and me never used to be used in the same sentence so” he smiled, his gaze flicking up towards Hanseol’s midnight eyes “You’re not the only one who feels a change” and he was happy with the changes, Hanseol made him feel more fearless when it came to being himself and the more time they spent together the more comfortable and confident he found himself being. Their time together had helped the dhampir get a better understanding of the person he was and also the person he wanted to be, he had been a very positive influence for Jae who had felt pretty lost when he came here. Now he felt like he had a purpose, reasons to want to succeed.

Jae had always been a fighter, it was in his blood from the moment he was born. That fighting spirit was, for the most part, a good thing, it made him strive to be strong and it gave him courage when most people might want to run and hide. But that fighting spirit always tied closely to his anger, something he had struggled to control since he was young, he didn’t know whether it was because he was a dhampir or just the way his brain had been wired but Jae had a certain switch inside him. And what that switch got flipped, you’d better not want to be standing in his way. The dhampir had gotten into a fair amount of trouble in school because he’d gotten into fights sparked by his temper and someone riling him up. Most of the time he was justified but he still hated the lack of control he had when it came to that side of him.

There was something about the way the two of them would slip into their native tongue that made the words so much more significant, they would only do it occasionally and it would be for little things that felt hard to express in English but every time they did, there was something in him that felt an attachment to every word that Hanseol said in Korean “우리가 한을 만난 순간부터 당신은 밝게 빛났습니다.” (From the moment we met, you shone brightly) Jae wasn’t taking all the credit for this, it was rare for Jae to instantly feel a connection the way he had done with Hanseol, even if he wasn’t shining physically, he had always shone brightly in the dhampir’s eyes, always been someone he found fascinating and who stood out from everyone else. Jae adored him and he’d be damned if Hanseol told him any different. “You were this…” Jae pursed his lips “Little ball of artistic passion” he smiled remembering how Hanseol had let him look through his sketchbook in that little coffee shop “I remember coming away from that night thinking about how I needed to put the same amount of energy into my writing, you inspired me” he chuckled “After I managed to get the cops to leave the dorm anyway” he pulled a grumpy face in respect to that part.

Jae shrugged in response to Hanseol’s comments on being normal “You’re a star that fell to earth from the sky and I’m a half valkyr with rune powers, I think normal is off the table for us” but who would want normal when they could have this instead. Jae wouldn’t trade this relationship for a cookie cutter one you saw in cheesy movies. He wanted real and he wanted struggles that the two of them would figure out together because a perfect relationship would feel wrong to him and this, this felt so incredibly right “Don’t be afraid to be different Daystar, what makes you different only makes you brighter in my eyes” Jae smiled softly just staring back at the doe-eyed male for a few moments, he was so whipped for this guy, he knew that much, though he still did get the feeling Hanseol held himself back and the dhampir hoped that would change with time.

Jae smiled when Hanseol referred to him being lucky, Jae thought he was pretty lucky too “You deserve a little luck after everything you’ve been through” he commented and squeezed Hanseol’s hand, he believed that, the star had been locked up for several years of life and even though he downplayed the effect that must have had on him, Jae could tell that he wasn’t fully past it and he didn’t expect him to be. “I hope I never have to ask that of you” Jae admitted with a laugh, he’d feel awful if someone had to spend money on a plane ticket home for him, but it was a nice thought knowing someone would always have his back when times got difficult “You’re already my lifeline though, when I found out about my mom being in hospital I just wanted to see you” admittedly he also wanted to jump on a plane home but that wasn’t an option “Because I knew you’d be able to take my mind off of it” Jae bit down on his lip, did that sound ridiculous.

“I’m starting to” Jae commented with a smile, he actually liked having a partner that spouted such sweet things constantly, he had never really met anyone so upfront with the words they said before and it had a domino effect on him, making him braver to say the things that popped up in his mind too, though his were more like honest ramblings than the purposeful teasing that Hanseol often came out with “I pretty much live on instant noodles nowadays” he commented with a laugh, they were a good cheap meal for students who didn’t have a lot of money to spend on groceries, he didn’t miss Hanseol’s casual hinting about living alone. Honestly, Jae would kill for a bit of alone time considering the number of people his roommates constantly seemed to invite over. Jae scrunched up his face when the celestial reached out to pinch his cheek though he didn’t pull away from the playful touch.

Jae honestly didn’t get the obsession with his hands but then he supposed he wasn’t an artist per se and wouldn’t be seeing them from an arty point of view, Hanseol somehow seemed to take the topic and turn it into a description of the whole of him, but it was the ‘darling’ at the end that made Jae smile “So you’re allowed to call me darling with a straight face but I’m not allowed to call you baby” Jae raised his eyebrows in a teasing manner  and then pouted but there wasn’t much more to say as they headed into the pizza place. Jae had been staring at the menu with a thoughtful expression on his face before Han snapped him out of his gaze, the dhampir laughed “I’m terrible at making decisions, you saw this with the Netflix fiasco” he chuckled and added to the order “I’ll take a large barbeque but can you remove the peppers please” he smiled softly as the server got to work.

It was pretty much a given now that the two of them were keeping a tight hold on one another’s hand, so much so that it just kinda felt normal to Jae as he led the two of them over to one of the booths by the window. He slid into one of the seats and leaned his arm against the sill so they he could look out of the window at all the people outside “So what about the amusement park made you want to come here?” Jae asked curiously because Han didn’t seem to know much about them or particularly care what they did here so he was intrigued to know.

The celestial didn't usually come off as this affectionate guy to anyone really, so to see him displaying such gesture so publicly without thinking about anyone else but the two of them, it was surprising. In a good way. Jae unlocked so many things in him, and he definitely didn't know it was even inside him to begin with. Never in a million years would he think himself as a skinship guy. That's changed now, with him always finding it hard to keep his hands to himself. Even the simplest gesture like ruffling the dhampir's bright locks were enough for him to squeal in delight. Especially seeing how cute Jae was being when he blew the strands that covered his eyes. “You actually resemble Yeontan a lot more than you think. Little brat did the same thing when I ruffle his fur after his grooming session.” he pointed out, not really intending to compare them both but the two had so much in similarity despite being strangers before Jae met Hanseol.

“It's both endearing an frustrating.. I'm the owner and I've been taking care of the fluff for 2 years and yet the resemblance it held to you is striking.” Han had no problem with him stealing his puppy away though, Byul resembled him a lot more than Yeontan, and because it was Jae, there wasn't a thing he wouldn't allow him to have. What can he say, he's helplessly whipped for the man. Unbeknownst to Hanseol, he bore a similarity to his significant other too. In terms of living his life, and letting the insecurity shape him from every aspect. He wasn't as motivated or inspired before meeting him. He used to have a difficulty in trying to finish one painting but now? He could finish 3 to 4 alone on the same person for the portraits. Not that he'd mind. Every painting he's done of Jae had different vibes to them and it definitely wasn't just the colors.

The celestial struggled with his identity crisis. He's usually torn between embracing his celestial side or leave it by and continue with his life like any other normal person would. A part of him wished to forget he's not even human and this bothered him greatly. But just as he was slowly trying to settle into this new self, the attack that happened at his clinic a while ago jogged his memory up. At the end of the day, despite everything, Hanseol Park is a celestial. And he will always stay that way. What he could do now is attempt to learn and understand more about himself rather than pushing them away. But it's easier said than done.

“정말 내가 그렇게 되도록 만든 게 내 광채가 아닌 게 확실해? (Are you sure it's not my glow making me out to be that?)” he quipped teasingly, raising his eyebrows in questioning manner. “내 말은.. 난 밝게 빛난다. (I mean.. I do glow brightly.)” Just watching his reactions alone was sufficient for him, the way Jae's eyes crinkle into a semi-crescent like smile and how his lips would upturn into a boxed state while still maintaining somewhat a heart-like shape. It was unique, and he loves it. It was no surprise that he would try to make the latter smile and laugh more. When Jae said he was a ball of artistic passion, he was reminded of their first meeting together. It was late at night and at any other day, he would dismiss it but the dhampir pulled him close with his boyish charms that successfully entranced the celestial from the first time he had his eyes on him. He couldn't describe it specifically and resorted into calling it holistic.

“I never show my work to anyone else, I remembered.. I didn't know what drove me to show my mostly unfinished sketches to a kind stranger I just met. But I'm glad I did.” He was right to trust his instincts afterall. It was the only reason why he even went with it in the first place. Jae exuded this aura that simply had him hooked at first glance even if he would not admit it. “I'm glad I was able to help, even in the most minimal way.” Hanseol believed in returning the good to good people, so the fact that he was able to spark an amount of inspiration to his beloved person, it caused his heart to swell. Scrunching his nose in annoyance, he didn't always dislike people in general, and even if he did, he never showed it. But he actually did not like Jae's roommates. The manners alone had convinced him that Jae didn't need to surround himself with such toxicity. “You know if you move out, you might not need to do that again.” Perhaps he wasn't the most subtle when it comes to affirming or clarifying what he wants, but he's that guy who would tell you what he wants without a hundred more implying.

“It's lonely without you. I don't think I've ever felt the place be so quiet evening though I literally live with two devilish brats. Maybe you underestimated your effects on me. Maybe you had me hooked on some love spell.” he even went as far as to cover his mouth in feigned attempts to gape in awe. Let's be real, he's hooked. Truly smitten. “We can dream.” he mumbled softly, averting his gaze from the pavement and up to meet the dhampir's serene self. Whenever he looks his way, somehow he was always hit with a calming air. He could forget his worries that usually occupied almost all of his time briefly. “Don't say that. If I go any brighter, I might blind you, Jae. That's possible, you know.. Or maybe it is. I don't know.. Eh, either way, I don't want you to be blind. How will I be able to show you more things then?” Oh, he does have plenty of plans that only required time to execute and he wished to spend every second with the mint haired male.

“I guess I want to have a few luck in me. All the luck I need is you though. Pretty sure your blessed self was a gift for me.” he winked playfully. “But I'm not kidding, I admit I probably have one of the worst life plannings, and you have my focus, so I'll pay my attention alone. I can multitask, but not when it comes to this. Focusing on one thing slowly would help me grasp the world a tad bit better. So I'm choosing to focus on you.” Upon saying those words, he beamed enthusiastically and lead the dhampir away. As if he wasn't already touched, Jae's words were a big hoof to him. Lifeline? Is that what he thought of him? Was he that significant? “I'm glad I can take your mind off. If you ever need me, you know you need to give me a ring or a text, and I'll be there as soon as possible.” Would he leave his work just because Jae might need a shoulder to cry on or a company? You're damn right he would. No, not would, since that's a possibility. Will, it makes up for a confirmation.

What's the point of him being happy if his other half is the opposite? Okay, instant noodles might be tasty once in a while, but to hear Jae living on them, caused him to shake his head in response. “That's unhealthy.. Please take care of yourself.” Honestly if he finds out the dhampir still does that, it's most likely that he would make sure Jae received proper meals daily. There's nothing he wouldn't do for him, anyways. “I mean.. I'm not affected as much when I say it. When you say it however, it's going to make me hyperventilate. But if it makes you feel better, I only say no, but my heart always say yes. Though I can't promise that I won't drop dead because I got diabetic from all the sweetness.” he returned the same amount of teasing right back at him. He's easily flustered and Jae was starting to see that, only time matters now. One word was enough to make his legs go wobbly, it's a wonder what would happen if Jae was able to decrypt the others.

Truthfully, the first thing that came into his mind when he heard the latter talking about Netflix fiasco, was what happened afterwards. Yes, he means the whole part where Netflix ended up watching them. Han unconsciously blushed without realizing but could feel his cheeks getting warm as soon as they took their seats. “Honestly? I heard plenty of them in the internet. I will admit that I had shamelessly searched Google on what to do for dates, because you know, I never experienced them and a literal amateur at it. It seemed pretty interesting, but unfortunately seeing is believing. There's only so much you can feel with just reading them without visually experience it. Now I can see all the hype though. It's a classic.”

Jae pulled a face when Hanseol likened him to Yeontan “Not sure if you’re trying to politely tell me I’m brat” he teased with a laugh shaking his head slightly, he did admit he had a soft spot for Hanseol’s Pomeranian, he was a sweet pup and always seemed to shower the dhampir in affection. It was pretty funny how the dog acted like he was shunning Hanseol in favor for Jae whenever the younger male visited, though Jae suspected that Yeontan just liked having new people around “Hey I never tried to steal you pup” he commented with a laugh, besides if they ever did live together he’d imagine they would both take care of whatever animals were in the house right? Jae kinda liked the idea of long dog walks hand in hand, to be honest, mundane but cute.

Jae had to admit that sometimes he felt a little confused about the person that Hanseol wanted to be, at times he could be confident, so confident that was a little intimidating for Jae but at others he could be quite sensitive and shy, the dhampir supposed that was perhaps the difference between things Hanseol knew and had experience with ones he didn’t which made sense. It was interesting for Jae to see the two sides of him, he liked both, even though they were completely contrasting to one another but if he had to choose one, he liked it the most when Hanseol was naturally confident in himself.

“나는 당신의 육체적 인 빛에 대해서 말하고있는 것이 아닙니다. (I am not talking about your physical light) he commented with a knowing smile, though Hanseol did actually glow brightly, it was the way he was on the inside that really drew the dhampir in. It was seeing the way that Hanseol put the animal’s safety before his own that day in the clinic or how worried he had been when Jae had gotten hurt. It was the passion he had for art which had him so focused that he didn’t even notice anything around him. It was how hard he worked every day at the vet clinic, doing a lot of difficult tasks which he was sure, took their toll on the celestial. But most of all it was knowing all the pain Hanseol had gone through and still seeing the person he saw before him. 

The dhampir supposed he had been lucky to meet Hanseol that night when he was drawing in the dark, it certainly made for an interesting story on how the two of them met but he wouldn’t change it for the world, other than perhaps it lasting a little bit longer “You should though” Jae encouraged as he beamed back at the dark-haired male “You’re so talented that it hurts me to see you hide that” he expressed with a slight nod, he was sure that Hanseol could really make something of it if he tried hard enough. Jae couldn’t really talk though, considering how secretive he was about his writing but he did aim to one day share his stories with the entire world, he just wanted to get better first.

Every time that Hanseol brought this topic up, Jae was of two minds, the first was that he quite literally couldn’t be living in any worse environment than he was right now and that the offer Han laid on the table was a perfect offer for him but the second was where his doubts started to creep in and he wondered where that might leave him if something ever did happen between the two of them. Not to mention that changing living arrangements would require him to explain to his parents what was currently going on his life and while he could lie, he would feel bad for doing that too “You’ve lived alone for quite literally 87 years, even I’m not powerful enough to suddenly make you lonely” he teased, though the look in his eyes spoke lengths on how tempted he was to go for it anyway.

Jae chuckled softly when Hanseol talked about going blind “Hmm...you may be right there” he teased before he reached into his pocket and took out his glasses and put them on for a moment “I do need these to see up close after all” with a smirk the dhampir purposely leaned in closer to the other male so that they were almost nose to nose and then he cracked up and pulled away, taking off the glasses and tucking them neatly back into his pocket, well he wasn’t risking straining his eyes again like last time, not that it lasted all that long.

Jae let out a low chuckle as Hanseol spoke about luck and then winked in the dhampir’s direction but he didn’t say anyone because the star kept talking and his expression turned more serious, as they talked Jae got more of a sense of the dedication that Hanseol was putting into this relationship, despite it being new, he felt the level of depth as though it was an actual connection you could see between the two of them. Jae was sincerely touched by the way that Hanseol spoke about how much this meant to him, Jae had never really been someone’s first priority before and it as a strange feeling for him, he’d never felt important to someone like this before. It was a nice feeling though of course it was still paired with that pressure he felt “Do I really mean that much to you?” Jae asked his voice almost in disbelief by the whole idea of it all.

Jae frowned a little as Hanseol commented on the dhampir’s eating habits and then he shrugged a little, well he couldn’t argue with that, at times his eating habits could be considered unhealthy, he often forgot to eat because he was so busy writing or studying too but he didn’t think this was a good time to say as much “I try” he mumbled like he was a child being told off, truth was money didn’t exactly go all that far when you were a student living in a big city but that wasn’t something he wanted to admit out loud.

When they spoke about nicknames Jae laughed at the way Hanseol explained to him being caught between two minds Jae smirked a little “Alright, I will continue to refrain for you, baby” he reached up and rested his forefinger and thumb against Hanseol’s chin as he looked into his eyes for a moment “Starting now” he added before letting go and dropping his hand to his side and smiling innocently, he liked that word but if it was going to make Hanseol almost fall over every time he said it then he’d better hold onto it for special occasions.

When Jae glanced over at Hanseol from looking out the window he noted the way that the celestial seemed to be blushing which caused him to furrow his brow, had he done something to embarrass him? He didn’t comment though because he knew how caught up Hanseol got when he was flustered, instead, he listened to his thoughts on dates “I find it so incredibly cute that you obsessively Googled what to do for our date” he reached up to scratch at the back of his neck a little flustered himself. He was about to ask another question but an employee came over with their food so he focused on that first, grabbing Hanseol’s and sliding it in front of him before grabbing his own.

“So tell me three things I don’t already know, that make you happy” he suggested continuing their question game which had been carrying over their past few meetings. While he gave the star a chance to think about his answer he grabbed a slice of his pizza and started eating.

There were no words that could explain Hanseol's feelings. Not if he wanted it to do him justice. At this point, he just wanted to create his own words just for the sake of it. There were two sides to this however. One part where he wanted to forget about everything else and just enjoy the day, the other where he shouldn't put Jae to be his everything, but how could he? When the dhampir is literally the glue that holds him together now? He probably shouldn't have given that much power and hold over to him, but he couldn't help it. The mint-haired male is the center of his axis. “Even if you are a brat, you're my brat. So it doesn't matter,” he shrugged and grinned sheepishly. “Sure you didn't. Yeontan just liked you for some reason, not that I'm surprised. But I have to admit it took me a while to comprehend and grasp the situation because Yeontan doesn't like people. So why is he so attracted to you I wonder.” As soon as he said that, he leaned closer and squinted his eyes.

He's never confident in most part, that boy is nowhere near the word vain. He doesn't even like looking into the mirrors even though he needs to. It intimidates him. But around Jae, it just triggers that side that wanted to be confident and he enjoys basking in it. He didn't mind showing it to the dhampir, taking in the small glances where he doesn't show his subtlety in poking into Jae's blushing mess and flustered state. Hanseol literally had heart eyes out for him only, every passing moment only makes it even harder for him to control himself around the male. It was impossible not to allow the dhampir to strike his heart at this point. But the idea of wanting to spend every second with him grows a potential each day. Han usually works for what he wants, and right now, what does he want? Jaesung Moon, no doubt.

Also, he hated how easily the dhampir turned the situation around and pushed the blow his way, leaving him nowhere to run to defend himself. It didn't take long for him to succumb to his flustered state where a faint blush reigns on both his cheeks, showing anyone there that he was being a shy baby. He gets red very easily, it's not even funny. “I probably should… maybe one day. For now, I'm not confident enough,” it was building up though, slowly. “I wish you would see that you're just as talented too, Jae. I can't be the only one who sees that. If no one can see just how talented you are, then they're blind.” Taking his hand into his, he gave a comforting squeeze while they continue walking. He's been extremely touchy lately and it shows. Honestly, if it was up to him, he never wanted to let Jae go.

“But you are though.. Powerful enough to make me feel extra emotional. I've never been one to rely on emotions or empathy before if it comes to myself. Living alone sucks. Everyday is the same. Call me delusional but I want to know how it feels like to come home to someone. I want to know how it feels to share your life with someone else, your other half. Amorous I being greedy?” the small pout rested on his lips, making him resemble a real puppy if not a bunny. There were times when Hanseol had to remind himself that he still possess an 18-year-old vessel. Thankfully his features are refined and his clothing makes it easier for him to blend in the more mature light. But the childishness didn't go away. “I want to cook for someone that's not me. To know my nights aren't spent alone. I like texting and going on-call with you, believe me. But nothing defeats staring into your eyes,” Perhaps he's been watching a little too much Netflix.

The blush still remained somewhere when the dhampir leaned closer until there was literally no more space to stop them if they were to kiss, which is highly tempting for the celestial if he want preoccupied with widening his doe-like orbs at the sudden action. His breath hitched and he had to remind himself it's okay to breathe. When Jae pulled away, he exhaled exaggeratedly, only was it really an exaggeration? “Don't do that.. I forgot how to breathe,” he whined slightly, tapping both his cheeks to calm himself down. His mind was in a frenzy earlier, too many thoughts passing without a red light.

He halted on his steps and turned to his side to face the dhampir properly and formed a grin. “I thought you're supposed to be smart, Jae. But you can't even see that you're quite literally my only priority,” he means that with all his heart, Jae gave him another meaning he didn't understand a time ago. “I would do anything for you. Literally. I wasn't lying. It's stupid to let my life revolve around one person only, I understand the pressure for the said person too. You came into my life when I needed you the most even without noticing. You showed me a new light,” he mumbled and placed both his hands on his shoulders, looking straight into the dhampir's own dark hues, the very eyes that could captivate him. When Han paid attention, he noticed how the bright-haired male's eyes were unique; one is a monolid while the other was double-lidded. His lashes were also soft-looking and delicate, reminding him just how careful he needs to take care of the dhampir.

The fallen star literally staggered slightly in his steps when Jae called him that. Before he could chastise the younger male, he was greeted with that statement which caused him to raise an eyebrow. He gave a rather unamused look towards the male when he released his hold on him. “You know what, don't bother to stop calling me that. I am your baby, afterall. Just as you're my darling.” The sudden change in his demeanor indicated how he's no longer shy around that area anymore. He's proud to show Jae to the whole world if needed. Time is precious, and Hanseol learned to appreciate them so he is going to make sure every second spent with Jae is not a waste.

“You have to realize I'm an oldie,” he chuckled and played with his own hands while waiting for their orders to arrive. “I had to do my research if I want it to be perfect. Our first date was supposed to be pretty organized but the rain hates me, so I settled for indoor one instead. It was a lot more special though, despite how bummed I was not being able to bring you to see the sunset.” He wasn't complaining obviously, but he would rather be notified if there's a stent in his plans before it happens. Like hell it would. He thanked Jae when he pushed his plate towards him and pondered at the question he received afterwards, his fingers drumming on the table briefly as he seem to be looking deep in his thoughts.

“What makes me happy?” What makes him happy that Jae didn't already know though? He's a simpleton afterall. “I told you I dance and sing on my free time right? Ironically, I like staring at stars. The constellations they make... I don't know why, it always gives me reassurance that I'm doing right by them. Knowing I came from up there too. And I'm a huge emo, so you might find me listening to angsty music. The balladic aspects always seemed to make me get into the mood, no matter how sad it is, I would smile. Weirdly enough, I don't find it strange,” What was the third? He tried to work his gears as he ate his pizza. “Ah, I also like to get myself dirty.” Obviously he didn't mean it that way. “I'm a huge mess when I paint. I'm a literal human canvas, or is it a star canvas? Whenever I see the colors on me, it never ceased to amaze me. Minus the grumbling because I always have to make sure I'm not clothed when I paint because it's a pain trying to get rid of the stain.”

Jae smiled brightly, he really liked the way that Hanseol would take random moments to refer to the dhampir as ‘his’, he really liked the idea of that, of belonging with someone and while he didn’t have much experience with relationships and how they were supposed to feel or be, this felt natural to him and he figured that was a good place to start from “I feel like dogs are able to sense what kind of person they are dealing with” they were good judges of character, his parent’s dog had always liked him a lot and slept in his room most days when he lived with them “They’re smarter than people that way” he nodded a little, though he had gotten pretty good at telling whether a person’s intentions are malicious or not “Plus he probably knows he can trust the people you trust” Han leaning closer caused Jae to lean back a little so that he could keep the star’s eyes in view fully.

Jae enjoyed seeing the hints of confidence that shone in the celestial, they weren’t always there, but when he saw that cocky look in his eyes or he was the first one initiate a touch, that made the dhampir happy and it had a spiraling effect on him too, helping him to build his own confidence and comfort when it came to being around Hanseol. This relationship was everything he had imagined that having a significant other might be like but then it also was so new and different too, it was hard to explain but he liked the feeling, he liked not knowing what might come, being excited for it even. Jae had never really sought out a relationship for himself before but this one made sense to him and put a whole new perspective on the ‘you haven’t met the right person yet’ saying considering Hanseol had changed quite literally everything for him.

And with confidence came learning the ways to tip the scales between the two of them, Jae wasn’t always the one who was flustered between them both now, though he still had his moments, especially because Hanseol was very forward with this words without realizing how they could be interpreted “Just imagine all the other people your work could bring joy too” Jae stated with a soft smile, it already made him happy to see but he was imagining a piece on the wall at a hospital which brought a little brightness to a place that was considered otherwise not a good place to be. Though of course the celestial turned it back around on him “How would you know? You haven’t even seen any of my writing” the dhampir chuckled, well other than a few lines he had quoted subtly a couple of times anyway. Jae actually did have a piece of writing he wanted to share with Han but he was waiting for the right moment and wave of confidence for that.

It was strange how someone who had always spoken about how they preferred to live their life alone would want to keep him around, it was always something that Jae questioned in his mind when he was around Hanseol, not because he doubted what the celestial said or thought he was lying but simply because he found it hard to believe someone would ever care that much for him. His confidence in that area would only come with time, it wasn’t exactly a secret that Jaesung thought that Hanseol was too good for him. When Hanseol asked if he was being greedy the dhampir paused for a moment before he shook his head “Before this...began you acted as though you didn’t want anything, so I’d say being greedy might be something you need to do” he admitted with an assuring look, he was learning with time that it was okay to want things sometimes and while it may be selfish, perhaps selfishness was the only way in the end.

The adorable pout on Hanseol’s face caused Jae to pull a smitten expression though, he wasn’t sure he could resist anything the celestial asked for if he pulled that face while asking “That pout is dangerous you know” Jae spoke and dramatically placed his hand over his own heart. It only got worse as Hanseol kept talking, saying out loud the things he wanted from this relationship. Jae just stared at him a little breathless, how could he say no when he put it like that “You really aren’t worried what people will think are you?” Jae commented and unable to resist reached his hand up to run his finger along the bottom of Han’s chin before playing with the earring in his right ear, he was the one who worried about rushing into things but Hanseol didn’t seem to have a care in the world and he had to admit his words, along with that irresistible pout was definitely beginning to sway him.

Whilst Jae had leaned in close to teased the other male, he he had met the celestial’s eyes for a few seconds before drifting over his face, Hanseol was so stunning that sometimes it was hard to believe he was a real person, he was so perfect, but there was this one little mark at the top of his cheek, a scar he assumed that always reminded the dhampir that the fallen star was a real person and that he was imperfectly perfect, he’d wanted to ask about it a few times but it never seemed like the right time to ask considering it might be a sad story “I think they say feeling breathless is a good sign in a relationship” Jae chuckled softly but kept his distance regardless.

Jae wasn’t expecting Hanseol to stop so he halted rather abruptly as the fallen star stopped and turned to face him, being less sure of himself as he was, he really found it hard to marry the significance of himself to what Hanseol was saying but the more that the other male said it, the more that it felt like reality for the dhampir “One day I hope to see what you see in me” Jae admitted with a soft smile and nod of his head, like Hanseol he wasn’t there yet when it came to seeing his own worth but he knew now that being around Hanseol would have a good impact on him and he hoped to be a good influence on the celestial too. Jae wasn’t expecting things to be easy and he knew they would probably fight and have hardships, but he was willing to fight for it and that was what really mattered.

The dhampir was kinda surprised by Hanseol’s U-turn on what he called him but Jae simply smiled triumphantly, he was terrible at not using words once they got into his head since they were so significant to him and his life so he was glad to be able to use them freely. “I don’t want perfect” Jae insisted with a laugh, perfect implied that it could be ruined if something turned out differently, he enjoyed his time with Hanseol regardless of what they were doing. He wasn’t going to remember what the pizza was like or how bright the lights were in the morning, he was going to remember the words the celestial spoke and how he felt and sounded “All I’m ever asking for is you” his voice was soft but serious, he didn’t care if they were in some sleazy bar as long as the two of them were together.

The green-haired male leaned his hand against his cheek as he listened to Hanseol talk, the celestial truly lit up when he talked about the things he liked and Jaesung enjoyed surrounding himself with that positivity, Jae also loved the sound of Hanseol’s voice and the star would talk a lot if you gave him half the chance. Which each new thing he mentioned the dhampir smiled brighter, taking in all the new information he’d learned but the last one caused his breath to hitch a little, putting down the pizza he was holding and looking back at Hanseol curiously he widened his eyes until the other male went to explain what he meant, it was quite the image to paint in the dhampir’s mind and he swallowed hard in response and started to blush and looked down to hide his face a little “Why do I think you’d just look even more handsome covered in paint” he muttered softly before eating more of his pizza and shaking his head a little.

Once Jae finished his food he leaned back in his seat and watched Hanseol with a smitten look on his face, his mind was just wondering how he managed to get so lucky to not only meet the fallen star but also to fall for him the way that he had, his heart felt light and fluttery just by looking at him.

For someone who studied veterinary medicine, Hanseol made sure to learn all the that was needed for a pet owner before adopting his own pets, namely Byul and Yeontan, alongside Jr. Every month, he would be reminded to conduct a small mild evaluation on each of them to see how their vitals are working and how fast or slow their progress is. Even the smallest details would not escape his notice if he’s very focused on them, which brings a whole contrast effect to his natural oblivious natured self. “They tend to be a good judge of characters, true. Dogs base their choices almost entirely on smell — their primary sense. They can sense fear, anxiety, happiness and other emotions all by smelling human scents. Their reaction towards that human probably has more to do with the current emotion they're displaying, and is not a judgment about their overall character.” His eyes always seemed to lit up like a bulb whenever he’s talking about his work or passion, it was the only thing he was really confident in.

“Perhaps that’s why I preferred to talk to them rather than human beings. At first, I thought I couldn’t muster up the confidence to speak to others, but it wasn’t the case. I just didn’t feel comfortable with them, possibly because I’ve met plenty of people in my life that didn’t really leave positive aftermath” he shrugged, not really giving much thought into them. “Except you of course. You’re definitely an exception to many.” It is just like Han not to leave out Jae in anything. Somehow, the celestial always found a way to relate the dhampir in his sentences, purely out of admiration. He’s never been so happy as he is today. Who knew all he needed was someone to lean on? Someone to tell him he wasn’t meant for a boring and dull life all around. All his life, he’s known nothing but loneliness, and it’s affected him so much not to bask in Jae’s company, which was slowly driving him crazy because he’s being clingy. It was precisely the reason why he was inadvertently convincing Jae to move in with him. Hanseol wished to take care of him the same way he is doing to him, and maybe with the dhampir’s help, he too would be able to sleep better without nightmares plaguing his head every single night.

Han never thought that his work might bring others peace. He wasn’t sure if he was either being too humble or insecure, all the choices seemed to lead to the latter. He questioned himself all the time if his work was considered comparable enough to be shown to others. Jae was also constantly feeding him encouragements which helped with everything. “I never thought it that way. I just don’t think my work is ready to be shown. What if it doesn’t fit anyone’s preferences? What if it’s not good enough?” Sometimes, even Jae’s compliments couldn’t work against his insecurity. “You know how they say beauty is the eye of the beholder, right? This is somewhat similar to that context. The way you phrased your words, the languid pace you carry, the amount of vocabulary you poured in a single sentence. I don’t need any more proof to know you are exceeding my expectations. I’ll wait for the day when you can finally show them to me.” Despite saying how he doesn’t want to show his work to anyone else, the more this conversation revolves around the topic, the more Han found himself wanting to show them to the latter. If it could help him with overcoming his pesky fears, why not. And if there was anyone he would show them to, Jaesung Moon had to be the first.

“I wouldn’t go as far to say it’s an act. I really didn’t want anything. Not because I don’t wish for them, but simply because I know I won’t be able to utilize them to their fullest potential, so why waste them? Now I have more reasons to look forward to wanting more things, because for once, I actually want to stay by your side, through everything else” the sincerity that accentuated his voice made it seem as if the celestial was confessing, which can be taken into consideration too. “I realize I’m just like any being, who still have dreams.” Unfortunately, he couldn’t remember quite what his dream is. He forgot a lot of things during his captivity, his memory seemingly eating up everything that was hope in him.

He laughed lightheartedly at the dhampir’s sudden response. Poking his index finger at the dhampir’s chest playfully, he then placed a hand over his own, feigning the same response as he did. “You, in general, is dangerous, and you didn’t bother to think how I would feel. 그건 공평하지 않아, 문재성. (That’s hardly fair, Moon Jaesung.)” he scoffed and shook his head. Hanseol might be a shy and timid guy, but he wasn’t always like that. When situations like this persist, it calls for such actions for him to act on. He was not shy to show what he wants to Jae, because he believed trust needed to be mutual in this relationship. Blame all the things he read on the internet, but the fallen star wanted to make this work desperately. Souls like Jae were hard to come by, and it was once in a lifetime deal for him, you bet he’s going to take that. Raising his eyebrows in a questioning manner, he tilted his head to the side, eyeing the mint-haired male in confusion. “Why would I worry what others would think? It’s my life, no? I decide how I want it to play out. I can believe all I want in fate but if it’s being mean to me, even I would retaliate. A dog will retaliate if the owner becomes too mean” briefly clearing his throat for a few times, he rolled his shoulder. “Not that I’m calling me a dog or something...But you get what I mean.”

He placed a hand over Jae’s own, clasping it like it was the only thing he was holding to dear life and brought it down slowly to his lips after Jae brushed his fingers against his jaw, trailing it up to his earlobe. “You’re the only one that matters. 문재성이 아니라면 남들이 어떻게 생각하든 신경 쓰지 않을 수 있었다. (I could care less of what others thought if they’re not Moon Jaesung.)” That was when he placed a soft chaste kiss on his knuckles before intertwining against them like it didn’t change a thing. He loves showing his affections, that much he’s concluded over the past month, and the fact that he can shower the male in them has made him incredibly happy. “Don’t be too breathless, I don’t need to have spare inhalers for you, right?” he jested, giggling uncontrollably as he swung their clasped hands in the air while walking. Much like how Jae wanted Han to see what he sees in him, he wanted the same for the dhampir too. “I wish I can paint it out for you but even the most realistic painting wouldn’t do you much justice.” He could ask Michelangelo and it still wouldn’t work out.

Jae might not want perfect, but in Han’s dictionary, perfect meant real. And this is as real as it could get for him. “What are you talking about, Jae. You are perfect. So why wouldn’t I want perfect when I can have him?” he chastised, clicking his tongue in annoyance teasingly. He had to admit, however, how devastatingly cute the dhampir was when he placed a hand to support his cheeks while hearing the celestial talk. He wanted to do nothing more than squeeze them. Taking in the compliment tossed by the male, Han blushed profusely, as if he was giving a bad name to winter when he actually enjoyed them. “Would you like to know, hm?” Of course, he’d respond by winking. That sounds exactly like Hanseol Park when it comes to teasing his boyfriend. If that wasn’t enough, he even wiggled his eyebrows suggestively, highlighting the possibilities were very close to possible at the highest rate.

While he was finishing his food, he noticed the look Jae gave him, or stare. “Careful Jae, people might think you’re head over heels for me.” Oh, the celestial is, though. He’s very much smitten and wasn’t afraid to show it to the world. He’s that guy who would stroll into a workplace saying he’s his boyfriend without a care in the world, not because he didn’t care but because he feels the significance he has on being someone in the dhampir’s life exceeds everything else. Talk about being cocky. “So, how about that pirate ship?”

RSS

© 2024   Created by ✓ Ophelia Dreyvalian ~Admin~.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service