An old saying claims that you can’t get along with everyone which is true. However are you supposed to be surrounded by complete morons?! According to the DISC personality assessment test, which analyzes your personality and divides people into different colors, it’s because of the different personality types that you might dislike most people around you. The different colors people can be divided into in this model is Red, Green, Blue and Yellow. Shortly Red people are impatient and want results, Green people are conservative and afraid of conflict, Blue people likes details and quality is everything, yellow people are annoyingly happy and social. Most people are mostly two colors. 

As a police officer your work is to catch this morons and correct them before the cause more trouble and while they don’t exactly make your work easier you have to stay calm and learn how what’s most effective when meeting different personalities. At work Nate had a very laid back style and rarely got worked up. In his normal life he could either be annoyed by the slightest thing such as a ugly sweater. Nate had just gotten off a rough night shifts with plenty to do. He missed his forensic work which was his employment but as the p.d lacked staffed and he met all other criteria he had started to help out more and more as a patrolman. He didn’t do it for the money, he’d been born into ridiculous wealth.

When Nate was opening his locker he discovered that someone had taken his awfully expensive brand clothes … again. The dhampir sighed but didn’t complain he just closed his locker again and went to the car of the day, a volvo, only to see that someone had caused him a flat tire… again. Normally he’d sigh or call someone in a very upset tone. Being bratty and manipulative was his signum but at times he could take on the role as loyal and patient if needed too. There was no doubt who the guilty was, Zeus, she’d been taunting him for months and he had just gone with it, not doing anything back to her endless pranks and sabotage. The two of them had a complicated passed and Nate knew that the tomboy had a rough time. Since her mothers death the nephilim had seemed the killers with no success. During one of her more desperate times she’d meet Nate and fallen involve with the idea of him.

After that everything had gone south and now they were walking a long hard road. Nate didn’t give back on her for the pranks. It was sad that she felt so trapped in her anger for him that she felt like there was no way out but to make him pay for all the pain she felt. For those who had killed her mother. It worried him that her mind was so obsessed. 

Usually Zeus would come around to gloat in the misery she thought she had caused him, mostly it didn’t go to well Nathaniel Leight was hard to bother, and today was no different. The promiscuous dhampir didn’t recognise her first, her blond hair and soft figure replaced by shorter almost black hair and less feminine clothes. ”Hey what happened to you” he asked letting his eyes follow her body to take in the new girl standing in front of him. ”Zeus I am tired of this and worried about you can we end this and be friends?” He gave her his most irresistible look. Giving up was nothing he did ever but he felt like this war was everlasting and that the nephlim needed to maybe cry her eyes out and grieve before building herself up again and moving on with her life becoming a confident woman who felt complete on her own.

Views: 211

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Zeus snorted, she couldn't help but to find amusement in almost everything Nate said to her. The arrogance was her favorite part about the Dhampir. "Mostly what you just said, I keep a monologue in my head imagining what you're going to say, sometimes my monologue does not fail me, Leight" she responded with a snarky, yet playful tone. Zeus figured it was about time to put the past behind her with Nathaniel and count her losses rather than to continuosly make the Dhampir's life hell by destroying all of his materailistic belongings and try her best to destroy his ego.

Zeus knew his ego  however was just something that came along with Nathaniel himself. It was a package deal, if one decided to have Nate in their life, then right away they were deciding to take his ego along with hi. Zeus cleared her throat then as he decided on dragging out the very same sentence, underlining the word not, she supposed he'd done that to try to make her better understand. For a moment, she glared at him bitterly, "You know, you don't have to be such an ass all of the time.. sir" she stated, adding the word sir in the same tone of voice he had just used with her, mockingly. "So, let me retrace my own words and edit them, there's nothing you can do if the crimes were not done in a cyber fashion, meaning you can only help if they ARE done in a cyber manner?" she asked, underlining the word 'are'.

Frustration was evident through both of their expression's and tone of voices. But, as he continued flipping through the video sequences, Zeus folded her arms, shaking her head. He'd obviously taken notice to how fascinated she was just by this very moment, making it clear that it really didn't take much to satisfy and fascinate the angel-child as he smiled. Nate on the other hand, she figured was totally different on the matter, someone who took a ton of effort to fascinate. "If only once.." the Nephilim muttered in the form of a whisper, thinking how much she'd enjoy seing the Dhampir fascinated by something she done or said, but then again, that sorta made her feel as thugh she was still reaching for something he'd never hand her. But, she had definitely accepted what they would never be, and what they currently were now; friends. The word alone made her chuckle, but she could without a doubt see them having a decent friendship in the near future.

Zeus noticed how he was now tuning her out, realizling that she could indeed be pretty terrible sometimes at this whole friendship thing with a guy that rejected her. Irony, there was a great sense of that for Zeus with this entire situation. A flat out tom boy who only showed interest in action figures and playing in the dirt all through school with no interest what so ever in boys, even sharing her first kiss with a girl, made her questui why it even bothered her that Nate was turning her out. She had chalked all of this up to him probably dealing with a rough up coming as a child, perhaps he had been molded into the person he currently was, but he certainly never expressed that he wished for it to be any different than this. The Nephilim rolled her eyes again as he mocked her taste in movies, chuckling. "I suppose, but i'm not much for movies myself, Christian Grey just happened to be what came to mind with that extravagant office" she stated with the roll of her eyes.

How much more flashy could his life be? Shocked enough that the male actually had a variety of cars and homes, she certainly figured that was the end of the line until her eyes met what he considered an 'office'. Inn Zeus' eyes, an office was a small place with a desk and a filing cabinet, maybe a mini fridge but this, this was just ridiculous. Her eyes seemed to be able to wander for miles, and never find an end to the office, but distracting herself with the lavish lifestyle of Nathaniel Leight wasn't the goal for right now, right now she only wanted answers, and even if it was small, petty answers that didn't reveal a name or location, something would be better than all of her nothings. A frown pulled her face downward, she too couldn't help but wonder what she would be when this was all said and done. Zeus had forgotten how to live after she lost her mother, and rage was all that motivated her anymore. When all that was gone, when she no longer had no one to hate, what would she do with herself? That thoought terriied her and would most likely be something she would end up taking to the ambassador herself. Killing was not of a Nephilim's nature, but Zeus didn't care at all about consequences. If avenging her mother and finding the missing medallion would finally put the ghost of her mother to rest, then she would do that no matter the price.

Widened eyes suddenly averted down to his very own as he slapped the tips of her fingers. Zeus laughed, for a moment she felt normal, even if she did feel like a child in trouble, it felt normal. "Yes sir" she teased, but backed away from the screen with her drink. "So what is this that you're looking at?" she questioned, seeing what displayed as a map, but then beside of it were tons of worrds that her glassy eyes couldn't quite see through the tears. Trying to have an upbeat attitude when she felt more close to getting answrers than ever was almost impossible, if by some chance she got what she needed here today, then she would soon be meeting back up with the Ailward guard who'd been kind enough to help her track down her mother's killer in the first place. It was true that she needed a village of people to help her. Nate would be the only one to get answers, Dominic was the one who'd actually take her there for what she needed to do, then a few in between who would support her, not that those few knew her actual plans. Had anyone heard a word of this, that her intentions were to kill her mothers murderer, they would have backed away, and Zeus didn't blame anyone for that.

"If you find an exact name and location, you're not going to give it to me are you?" she then asked, narrowing her gaze in on him, knowingg he wasn't just going to point her to the direction of an entire faction when he knew fully that her plans were to kill people or get herself killed in the attempt of her own plans. After finishing the bottle, Zeus threw it away, and reach into her bag, pulling breath mints out, given that she was so close to Nathaniel so she could see the screen herself, she assumed her whiskey tainted breath wouldn't make his task easy. "So, what was it like for you growing up as a child?" she then asked, out of the blue, but if they were going to have a proper friendship, she wanted to get to know him, or at least as much of him as he would allow for.

Nathaniel let out another chuckle as he was right again. He was used to being right about everything, when he was proved wrong it was a nice change but he still appreciated the satisfaction of his guesses landing very close to the truth. It was what made him great at interrogations. People spilled their details out of annoyance to prove him wrong before realising their mistakes and then it was too late. ”Getting that predictable huh ouch” He commented back pretending to be hurt but not letting his eyes off the screen, he was getting closer now that he had narrowed down the area as well as time line for the crime.

A less involved person might just have told the nephilim to fuck of asking her if she wanted help or not, the dhampir wasn’t like that not easily affected by others mood swings it was mostly just an amusing addition to the show. ”That assumption would be partly correct yes” he cryptically responded to her now redefined question. For him to find traces the guilty needed to have used a phone, credit card, internet or been caught on tape. Mostly it wasn’t as simple as that and more digging was needed as the criminals had goten better at using burner phones, library computers and paying in cash. Which made it almost impossible to trace. Especially since this crime wasn’t only days ago like he was used to. Servers only kept a record for a few months before deleting the data.

Their relationship had mostly been rocky, he wasn’t used to that, either he was loved or hated but by Zeus he was both. He was glad she had putten the revenge thing at bay for now so they could be somewhat friends. It was a long shot both of them knew that she would never entirely get over her fling for him and one part would always wait hoping that he’d take her in and say she was his only one. Those knowing the dhampir knew that it was a highly unlikely senario and that this constellation would definatly end in heartbreak, and advice Zeus to keep away from him. She didn’t however seem to have many friends that could say it, and she probably wouldn’t listen either way.

”You certainly need to widen your horizons love” Nate said distantly, he didn’t really listen to what the female had been saying and was kind of hoping that she’d go watch a movie or something, her chattering was a distraction. Reading and translating the binary language was hard enough as it was without a frustrated female standing over his shoulder picking at him for unknown reasons. If you read one digit incorrect it would change the whole meaning.

”Video sequences trying to map out your mothers days befor the murder” Nathaniel muttered, replaying a scene at a grocery store over and over in different speeds. Normally he would have one or more suspects to go on, pin pointing their latest activity leading up to the crime and from there find new ones until he found the one matching with the crime. In this case he had nothing, only the victims name which made it so much harder both to find movie and interactions. Now he had to study Zeus mother in detail trying to get into her brain and the secrets she hid.

”I doubt we will get anything as direct as that” the dhampir informed shaking his head at how clueless she was in all of this. ”But no if we happen to do so No I won’t, don’t throw your life away over this” He instructed her in a soft tone, something very unusual for him he was the one being lectured most of the time. When failing to hack into the library the 5th time, a normally simple task the impatient male shut the computer down. ”This won’t do, get dressed, pack what you need to pack and call whoever you need for this trip we are going to Louisiana”

Zeus knew his chuckle was only arrogance, as she also knew being right was sort of Nate's signature thing at this point. With the roll of her eyes, she too chuckled. For the most part, the Dhampir really wasn't all that bad, and sometimes he actually made decent company. Him helping her like this was more than she could ask for after everything she had done to attempt to make his life hell, which now only made her see herself as nothing more than a selfish brat who threw a temper tantrum when she didn't get her way with him. Zeus was thankful that her childish behavior ended before any chances of them remaining friends did. Shaking her head, she smirked "You are all but predictable Natty" she teased, and it was half way true, but partially untrue since at times, Zeus could predict exactly how he would react to things she did and said to him.

Nodding then, as he confirmed her question was partly correct, for once made her feel like she was completely dense when it came to what Nate was saying to her. But, if anything, she now felt more doomed. Because even Zeus knew that it made it that much harder to track her mothers killer down. Especially since she figured they had been smart enough to use cash, library computers and burner phones if not pay phones, but then again using a pay phone may have been something he could trace, at least trace the call back to the location the call had been made from. Zeus knew she was in over her hed though, the Phoenix/ Initia war was something that had sarted years before she was even born.. so it was hard to tell what Initia her mother's death would fall on.. it could have been one individual, or it could have been several.

While Nate typed away, Zeus did unfortunately let herself slip off into a dangerous thought. For most the thought would have been normal, but for her, it was dangerous, because she was one who easily got attached, and someone who always walked away heartbroken and vengeful, so yeah the word dangerous came to mind when her thoughts consisted of all the 'what-if's' the whole idea of Nate someday changing into a one lady type of man though was to much to even think about.. she couldn't imagine him being any different than he was now, and yeah perhaps she did sometimes still think about him and how she used to long for him... but she tried her best to abandon that thought the second it crossed her mind.

Shaking her head as he spoke up, Zeus could tell her voice was only a distraction at this point "Maybe, but then if I do that, I wouldn't have the urges to annoy you as much, and that's where the fun's at" she joked, and glanced back to his screen. But the words he spoke caused Zeus's chest to tighten, she felt as though for a second, that her heart had sank as deeply as it could.. what her mothers days were like just before the murder... she imagined that they had tortured her, beat her, and more... it sickened her, and now more than anything she just wanted this case to be solved, and to be over with. "Well, she was missing a while before her body was found, though they found her the day that she was actually murdered, not sure if that makes a difference, but it's not like they found her body days after she was murdered.. I think the entire time she was missing, she spent in captivity being tortured."

And again, tears welled up in the Nephilim's eyes. She felt like a bi-polar train wreck. She had spent the majority of this morning between laughing, crying, gritting her teeth out of anger, rolling her eyes, genuinely smiling, and showing saddened expressions. That combination was enough to make anyone sane look at Zeus like she had issues. And truthfully, for a girl who was being haunted by her mother who was nothing by an angel towards Zeus, now calling her cruel names, and making her life a living hell, Zeus was literally broken. Her brain was cracked, and her heart always ached, so she tried to put on the best smile she could, even if at times she didn't mean it. But somehow the times that she found herself smiling around Nate, always seemed to be genuine to say the least.

Right now though, thinking about her mothers last days breathing gave Zeus a feeling of true heart break. Seeing the look on his face spoke in volumes. "You have nothing right?" she asked, being as pesimisstic as she always was at the end of every investigation she'd ever been to. Figuring this was as well the end, Zeus turned and grabbed the bottle she'd found hidden away in a filing cabinet that was practically empty. Nate seemed to keep his files else where, which was smart since anyone could reach into this very one and grab whatever they wanted, luckily for Zeus, there were a few old bottles of scotch. She figured it'd been gifts from people, or maybe even Nate was saving them for a special occasion, possibly a break in a huge case, but she didn't seem to care much when the bottle touched her lips.

But, when Nate said something  rather kind .. Zeus sat the bottle down, grmacing as her gaze fell to the floor. "I'm trying not to.. trust me... I never wanted it to consume my life this much, or for me to fall into obesessive traits over it.. but the less I do, the more she seems to haunt me .. letting me know what a failure ive been, so i guess my main goal as hard as it is to say this, is to just get rid of my mother, for good" Zeus muttered in a shaken tone.. one that sounded like she was about to just fall apart right there in front of the Dhampir. "I want her to find peace, as much as I want to find peace and closure." she added, before her eyes widened at his last set of words and the sip of scotch she'd just taken spewed from her mouth  by total accident. "Oh god im sorry! but what?! my home town?...." she didn't know how to act right now, after her mother was murdered she figured she would never wanna see the place again that she used to call home. But, she figured that it was also the only way the two of them would get any closer to the truth, but she knew that they were about to get a little to close for comfort.

After breathing in and out a few times, and cleaning up the alcohol she spewed from her mouth, the Nephilim looked to Nate with an appreciative smile. "Okay Nate, let's do this. I'll try to keep from driving you to insane" she stated, smirking at him before grabbing her bag and heading towards the exit, waiting for him to log out of everything he currently had opened on his computer. "Who's driving?" she then asked, figuring Nate would want to be in charge, which was fine by all means for Zeus. She would take over if at any point he got tired. "I just have to stop at home and grab a couple outfits.. I'll bring my credit card and get whatever else I need" she finished off, and part of her was truly excited to go on a road trip with the one and only Nathaniel Leight. "And, thank you for doing this.." she added, letting her gaze avert to the handle of the door, with a million thoughts racing through her mind.

”Glad to hear I’ve still got it” he joked confident that everything he did was beyond adorable. As if he was some kind of furry puppy who coudn´t do anything that wasn’t super duper cute. The looks were the first thing you noticed about him. That attractive too perfect appearance that dragged you closer like an enchanted forrest. When his magnetism had pulled them closer they realised he was even more captivating when you reached passed the shell. Maybe his life would’ve been easier if he had been more mediocre, not that his life was hard. Except from having commitment issues and a demanding family his life was truly soft. He hadn’t been forced to handle immense grief like Zeus had. In many ways they were still kids needing parental guidance.

Reading faces wasn’t hard when you knew what to look for. No matter what face they all worked the same. Nathaniel could see disappointment, and disbelief flash over the woman’s face before the desperation returned. The Nephilim had probably imagined that clues would appear out of thin air pin pointing names and location as the police dramas on television worked. Had it been that easy the killer would’ve been caught years ago and Z able to really hit rock bottom before resurfacing and moving on with her life. Doing all the things this case stoped her from doing now. In reality a majority of cases didn’t close due to lack of evidence. Especially older cases which was the category her mother’s case wold fall under. Head he been more of a bastard he’d try to reassure her telling her that they would find the killer only to get her hopes up and then taunting her when the mission failed. The cocky male wasn’t that cruel.

The silence gave the dhampir room to work and his hands flew over the keyboard as he tried gathering as much information as he could and save it to several hard drives, leaving as little traces as he could during the process. In a better world he’d be the perfect gentleman and she a young female not suffering the loss of her mother and maybe in that universe it would’ve contained a future for them. Tho in that world he would probably never had left his childhood home in England which meant they would’ve never met. Knowing that he was easily lost was also a part of his gravity what women found intriguing, because some silly part wanted to believe that they were special and he’d change for them. So far none of those fools had been correct.

Somewhere in all her misery the brunette still smiled at his silly remarks or overly honest comments. It was an affect he had on the humanity in people when not annoying the crap out of them. An hour in Zeus started drinking again, something he didn’t quite approve of it would only make her emotional rollercoaster hit new heights. ”Not nothing” He chuckled while trying to get passed the hospitals security system. ”You know this is the 21 century right we keep all files digitally and can only reach them from the station” Papers were to easy to copy.

After announcing the roadtrip he was sprayed with alcohol from a surprised Z. Luckily it didn’t hit his expensive equipment and only his clothes. The vain male thought that was almost worse than the machine taking the hit. ”Me obviously” He said as if she was an utter idiot for not remembering that she less than a minute ago had been busy drowning a bottle of whiskey. When she didn’t seem to get what he was referring to he pointed to the flask in her hand. ”Secondly I can drive over the speed limit without consequences” The perks of working in law enforcement. ”Can’t we just buy it on the way?” Nathaniel complained while packing different devices and charges into bags along with some diet approved food and clothes.

Clearing her throat, the Nephilim gave the conceited Dhampir an eye roll. "I'll swallow my pride and agree that you do still got it" she chuckled, shaking her head. Sure he was conceited rightfully, gorgeous features, a great job, and all the money someone could ever ask for. But, growing up like Zeus did made her to aware when people had more money than they did sense. Thankfully in this case, Nate had a personality, at least some what of one. The tomboy, farm girl though had never been arrogant or conceited even with all the remarks she'd gotten from men lately based on her appearance, which she also found amusing. Zeus had never done well with dressing up, or putting make up on until she started high school where appearance seemed to matter more than grades did. She often wondered what Nate was like back in his school days, and she assumed his upbringing had a lot to do with why he had closed himself off to love and romance. It felt like even the thought of that revolted the Dhampir, which made Zeus want to know even more.

Zeus knew that glimmer of desperation was caught by Nate, and for a moment she caught herself on edge, hoping he didn't assume she'd turn back to what she'd done when she first met him, clinging to him for support, then falling head over hills for a bachelor who wanted nothing more than a one night stand with women. Even that, Zeus had thrown herself to him for, and now thinking about it, the Nephilim gritted her teeth, anger rising along with her blood pressure that he'd ever even had that effect on her in the first place. It was a stretch for someone like Zeus to even notice a male considering all through school, she despised boys and shared her first kiss with a female.

It was true, Zeus really did want to believe that it was as easy as her mothers killers name popping up out of thin air. She couldn't help but think that if it'd been that easy years ago, that she may not even be here in the city now. Maybe back then if she'd been allowed to move on, she would have done so and it was hard to tell what kind of life she would be leading in today's time. But, Zeus really didn't like to think about a life where she would have never met Nathaniel, and just as he thought, maybe even in a different life where she knew peace, she would have known a totally different Nate, one who would have wanted a life with her like she had him at one point, so much that it broke her when he confessed that he never even cared.

As his fingers flew across his keyboard, Zeus watched with widened, curious eyes. Several hard drives later, he'd flawlessly gotten all that he needed with no traces, and she had to admit, she was impressed. Shifting from one foot to the other, Zeus grinned, unable to contain that goofy grin that adorned her features when Nate did or said something to make her smile, but oddly he wasn't doing anything this time except working. Maybe seeing him in his work enviroment amused her too. It was something to think, that buried underneath all the sadness and grief, there was a pretty awesome female, able to smile and life a carefree weightless life and around Nate, that female who Zeus didn't recognize lately was just scratching her way to the surface. Breaking free though, she knew that wouldn't happen until she could finally lay her mother to rest. Even though Peggy McCartney had been dead for as long as she had now, her spirit still tormented Zeus to no ends, making sure that each happy moment the Nephilim courageously worked herself up to having, was only terminated by the ghost of her mother, leaving her restless and distraught.

Zeus sighed and shook her head when he stated he had nothing. But, maybe he had just what he need. Raising a brow, Zeus  folded her arms over one another and began tapping her foot against the floor as if she were making a point. "Are you lying to me, Leight?" she then asked, feeling her blood boil, a voice in her head convincing her that he'd gathered the info she had been longing for, for years now... the voice was almost a clear audiable one. "If he didn't have the names and a location, why go all the way back to your hometown?" the voice echoed .. but something felt off. For a moment or two, Zeus's vision seemed to have gone a little foggy, and when it cleared, she could see Nate deleting a file. "What are you doing?!" she yelled out angrily. "You jerk!! i knew it!! i knew you were hiding something from me Nate! this entire fucking time!!" she cried out, pained for what her eyes thought they'd seen.  (hallucination)

When he said it was the 21st century, whatever made her see him deleting files instead of getting them for their road trip, made it seem even more senseable now that he'd said they kept all files digitally "Yeah, and now I get why! so you can delete them and dispose of them when someone as desperate as me comes along needing help" she added, her tone broken. A sharp pain went through her head though, but as fast as it hit her, it left her. And it was as though nothing had even happened, she didn't even remember yelling at Nate. Giving him an eye roll when he acted like she was a complete idiot, she snickered "Fine, but if you drive, I control the music. Deal?" she questioned, figuring in his eyes, she seemed like a psycho for the breakdown she'd just had, that she was also oblivious of. Zeus chuckled when he added that he could drive over the speed limit without consequences. "Damn, you make it seem fun to be in your field of work" she stated, grinning from ear to ear, remembering exactly how they'd met one another.

To his question, Zeus sighed but checked her bag to make sure her wallet was in it, "I guess we'll get what I need on the way .. do you really need all of that?" she asked, eyeing all the different devices, chargers and other things he was packing into different bags. Looking down at her attire, Zeus grimaced. "I look like a slob.. so we're making a stop for an outfit. You can pick it" she stated, flashing the Dhampir a wink. Part of that suggestion/idea was sarcasm. When Zeus had first expressed how she felt about him, her fashion was a big deal and with that, Nate had actually picked her an outfit out.. but now that they were on a better path with each other, she had to admit, he had good taste, and she really did need a new outfit for this trip. "I gotta admit, this road trip idea might not be the worse idea youve ever had" she finished off, smirking before reaching down, grabbing one of the bags he'd packed with devices so she could help take them to the car.

Something still felt off, she knew something had happened with her, but she had no idea she'd yelled at Nate like she did. To distract herself from whatever had just went on, which she was sure by how he was looking at her was bad, she decided to bring another idea up. "On the way, we should stop and eat.. and maybe sight see.. if the trip is just about my mothers case, it may not be that fun, and we're off to a pretty good start with this attempt to be friends.. so what do you say?" she asked, hoping some part of him would want to actually enjoy this trip even if it was business, who said work had to be boring with a friendship like theirs, she thought to herself, chuckling. Zeus stopped chuckling though, giving Nate a saddened expression. It was the last thing she wanted to mention, but she knew they would be leaving in a few moments, and all information she could give would probably help. "Maybe look up the name Joe McCartney too... he disappeared right after she died. Ive not seen my father since my mother was murdered, but the note she'd left us, told us all to well who was behind it. Im so confused.." she  sighed, shaking her head in disbelief that she had still not found no closure, but maybe thats what this road trip would bring her.

Back in high-school Nathaniel had been a true Casanova his bachelor days had started early. The Dhampir was well aware that he was an arrogant bastard. His Parents has raised him to be, unlike the rest of England who brought up well spoken little gentlemen. At times he could act like the perfect gentleman but that game never lasted long and only when he had something to gain from it. His behavior wasn’t some kind of compulsive act, he did it because he could. No one called him out on his rudeness. He got away with it because of the charm and money. In a girl he liked confidence someone who put him in place and always kept him on his toes. He didn’t like to get comfortable, comfortable was boring. As soon as a girl gave in and showed affection he was over them.

Nathaniel wasn’t someone who walked by unnoticed, if that wasn’t his intention, to lay low for a mission otherwise he was an expert at drawing attention. Not only due to his exterior, even tho he got much attention for that as well. When Nathaniel Leight wanted something he got it, ordinarily without too much effort. Either through charm or provoking. The pompous male weren’t the shy type and didn’t back away when the subject exposed to his games got annoyed or furious, like the average guy hiding behind a keyboard to express his feelings, it simply made the entertainment more amusing and triggered him to continue until the breaking point was reached. 

He was aware of the affect he could have on people without even trying. When he did try most people didn’t give up much of a fight before giving in to his charm. Still when meeting Z he’d not been trying. It was a period of his life were he cursed his upbringing and hated the girls lining up. During this time him and his brother had had an heated argument and fallen out of contact. Loneliness featured all of his free time and he almost decided to return back to England and his legacy there. Z had been the friend he needed, the distraction he needed to get back to his normal arrogant ways. Caring for the broken angel helped him to get back to appreciating the false people trying to be his friend for the money or recognition. Their friendship had been the only real thing he’d had for a long time, he hadn’t even seen her fall for him it came as a back stab for him. Honestly he was still a bit mad at her for not being able to keep her paws to herself and screwing up the one true thing he had.

Times moved on and so did he and now he was back in his glory days. Enjoying every minute of his spoilt lifestyle but every now and then he found himself longing for the relation they had had before her jealousy had taken over and he had realised she was just like any other girl who had fallen for the great Leight. 

Being ambivalent and shift from calm to enraged in less than minutes was nothing out of the ordinary for the brown haired angel. So he didn’t react much when she went from amazed to furious and started screaming and gesturing. ”I am trying to help you if you don’t want the help its fine I have other things to do” The dhampir told her with an eye roll. To not leave any traces he had to delete a few things and as he did so Z got hysterical again. ”I am trying to keep us out of the loop” He sighed shaking his head at the irrational nephilim. She was certainly a piece of work. 

Just like that everything went back to normal and it seemed as if she didn’t even remember her outburst. Strange even for her. Dropping things weren’t her normal behaviour. ”Deal” he agreed reaching out his hand for her to shake while balancing his computer in the other. ”Do you really want me to miss anything because we are lacking equipment?” Nate questioned back with a raised brow

”Z own your style dear, don’t care what I or anyone else prefers” He declined her offer without even considering. Picking out cloths for girls wasn’t something new, he had done it millions of times. The dhampir loathed insecurity. He wanted someone confident who kept him on his toes, never letting him be comfortable. Possibly there was no woman who matched that description and he’d remain single for eternity, the thought didn’t frighten him it was better than compromising and adjusting everything to fit the description of someone else dream. As Zeus and many other females were willing too.

They started carrying everything to the car, an unsexy white minivan to fit everything they needed for their mission and in worst case senario even sleep there. It had Louisiana plates and had a bakery print on the side to blend in. ”Or we end up killing each other ” He said without blinking not a trace of sarcasm. It was a possibility. ”Ew we don’t share the same diet and I will certainly not eat junk food” Nathaniel exclaimed disgusted with the idea of being forced to sit at a greasy dinner and smell the bad carbs and calories. ”You didn’t think of mentioning this a tad bit earlier?” Annoyance painted his tone. ”If you hadn’t drowned that whiskey you could’ve driven so I could do research now we’ll lose at least 17 hours”

Tilting her head, with her arms still folded over each other and tapping her foot against the ground, Zeus cleared her throat, really not understanding why she had all of a sudden felt that Nathaniel was out to ruin her as well, and sabotage any leads that were available for them to grab. "Sorry Nate, I don't know where that came from.." she stated, feeling as awkward as ever right now. "I know you're trying to help. Of course I need and want you too." she then admitted, meaning every word she'd said, sincerely.

Something or someone had gotten inside of Zeus's head once again though when Nate deleted the files he had just looked at. She didn't even care in this moment that he had to delete any traces of what he was looking for in order to not be discovered by the others who worked in the same field as him, and she didn't care that he was trying to keep them out of the loop. Whomever got inside of her mind, made it very clear that he was being sketchy, and the voice nagging at her, was compelling enough for Zeus to believe it; even if she did know Nate better than that now, she simply had no control over whatever was happening to her. "I'm not trying to seem like a basket case here.. something is definitely wrong with me though" she then said as she noticed Nate sighing and shaking his head.

Arching a brow, Zeus immediately got defensive again. "Nate.. the offer to pick an outfit out for me isn't because I don't like what I wear personally. It was just me strolling a little to far down memory lane, when you had done it before.. idk.. guess im still not completely over your charming ways" she then blurted out, before looking down to the ground, laughing and shaking her head "Wow.. what is wrong with me.?" she then questioned. Zeus would have never said that outloud had she been in the right state of mind, but somehow everything she was doing and saying right now was turning right back around to bite her, and she didn't enjoy feeling like she wasn't in control of her own actions. This road trip may very well to turn out to be a bad expereince, mostly for Nate if the Nephilim continued acting the way she was right now.

Zeus couldn't help but raise a brow as Nate simply said that they'd maybe kill each other. Normally a hint of a smirk, or sarcasm in his tone would let her know he was joking, but he said that as nonchalantly as he could, leaving Zeus speechless for a second. Bursting out in laughter as he blurted out the word 'ew' Zeus stood there staring at him, with an are-you-kidding-me type of look. "Well, I may not drink blood Nate.. but that don't mean we can't find some place to eat that serves more than just junk food.. or maybe we can just pick up a hitch hiker, and you can eat them instead.. whatever works for you" she added, not smiling or chuckling or trying to be cute, she genuinely was curious about what kind of diet Nate actually had. Zeus's eyes widened when the Dhampir said they had already lost 17 hours, due to the fact that she hadnt mentioned anything about her father before now, and she couldn't drive for him to do the research since she'd drank an entire bottle of whiskey.

"I am immortal you know? I doubt ill be swerving too much.. ill go ahead and start sobering up now, cause 17 hours.. that's way to much to lose. But, admittedly, I did wanna be drunk for the start of this road trip" she expressed, leaving her reasons out of it, he could guess if he wanted to, but talking about her feelings for him wasn't on the menu right now. Being drunk just made things seem easier. But being alert and aware was really the only option for Zeus since this road trip hadn't really been planned for fun. It'd been planned for Nate and Zeus to finally get some answers, and Zeus drinking her way through it would have meant that Nate would be stuck doing all the hard stuff alone.

After the van was finally loaded Zeus climbed into the drivers seat, glancing to Nate who was annoyed right now more than anything. "I'm sorry. I won't drink anymore for the remainder of this road trip, my head has to be in it as much as my heart is. Thanks though.. for doing this" she said before messing with the nob to the radio, sighing in relief that there was a usb port to plug her phone into it. After doing so, the Nephilim scrolled through a ton of music before finding one to settle on, "Seriously, if you want me to drive, Im fine" she stated, knowing she was still a little too drunk to drive, but it'd wear off in a matter of seconds because of her immortal status. To the song now playing in the background, Zeus hummed along, wondering what her and Nate would end up talking about on the way there; "I have an idea.. but ill mention it after you get going" she finished off, waiting for the van to start it's journey.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by ✓ Ophelia Dreyvalian ~Admin~.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service