As per her usual daily routine, as soon as the clock strikes 7, she usually should make her way back home after a full day of work in her office, but unfortunately, the flaxen-haired diviner has been spending her week in that same office that suffocated her. The reason for the condemnation? Work. Of course. Maintaining her work as the CEO and still trying to juggle with the fact that Mira has been trying to sabotage her company as of recently. What’s new anymore about the other light diviner who sought out her destruction ever since 1932 after she burned down the manor, and subsequently killing every single soul inside, late at night. There was not one justified reason that Irene could muster up to explain what happened that night, other than the fact that she got infuriated and her emotions got the best of her after being pent up for her entire teenhood.

The worst part was that the blonde didn’t see why she needed to apologize. Mira’s mother was their maid, her personal maid that has been taking care of her since she was a mere baby, and admittedly Irene grew fond of the two who remained her only confidants and company throughout the torturous period of her life being chained to the manor by the countryside while her parents acted like she didn’t exist. Even when they had explicitly told everyone else that they loved her, their only child. Actions spoke louder than words, and unfortunately, neither one of her parents had shown her good reasons to keep up the good act, not after they’ve mistreated her entire life, leaving her be like some stray. She is Irene Farley, the only heir to Unruly Eve Corporation, and she will remain as a Farley, until the end of her days. She would be damned if Mira would jeopardize everything that she’s been working on for decades-long, up to 68 years worth of work trying to rebuild the company she now presides over.

Sales fluctuated and inflated over the past few months, which gave her a reason to come to Evermore and seek Mira out so she’s able to pluck the weed out from the roots, once and for all. However, Mira was cunning and managed to evade skillfully, though Irene is positive that those will only last for a while. One way or another, she will put an end of the Harridan girl and then she’s free to return to her lavish life again without any worries or woes haunting her head each night. The only reason why the Farley female was getting restless was due to one of their branches in New York got burned last week and all the signs pointed to Mira.

Her light locks looked messily out of place and her glasses kept sliding down her nose bridge until her secretary aka her personal assistant knocked and told her to go home. Nadia was quite possibly the only confidant she had that she actually trusted and she’s been working with her for over 19 years, hence why the blonde took the older female’s advice and is now on her way down in the elevator. Spring was her favorite season ever, so the moment she got out and bid farewell to the security, she sucked in the breezy night air with a small smile. She decided to get a cup of coffee at the nearby cafe first, but much to the dark diviner’s dismay, it’s closed. Fishing out her phone, she let out a heaved sigh since it’s understandable because it’s already 11 35 pm.

Irene was too exhausted to actually operate on heels, especially 4-inch heels. Still, her body craved coffee so she forced herself to walk to another one that was thankfully open, but 4 km further. After a few minutes, she received her well-deserved coffee and was about to go back to the company to retrieve her car at the parking lot, until she was tackled out of nowhere. With herself thrown like a ragdoll against the wall, and her coffee now spilled on the floor, she wasn’t sure if she’s more aggravated or scared. A female and male growled towards her, and despite Irene standing taller than the female, the way it seethed at her screams valkyrs. And she is way too drained to use her magic.

Views: 418

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

She woke slowly, as if fighting through a thick fog that weighed on her both mentally and physically. That was typical of someone who had been through the ringer and was heavily sedated in order to control the pain. The Nephilim had been through some doozy’s himself and somehow nothing hurt quite so badly as a broken rib. Granted the young woman’s ribs were only fractured but the aching pain would still be there, mixed with the occasional sharp stab each time she moved too quickly or the wrong way.

Jon didn’t miss the flinch she gifted him with as he placed a gentle hand on her shoulder, subtly suppressing her pain so that she could get used to her new reality first. Smiling softly he scooted his chair closer so that he wasn’t having to stretch in order to keep contact with her, “No need to apologize. Being attacked and then waking up to a virtual stranger is jarring, give yourself a break.” He didn’t know many people who could go through what she had and still be able to maintain an even keel. Hell he doubted even he would be able to get through that and not be affected. “About 4 hours. It’s around 3:30 am at the moment.” The male had been keeping track of the time as he had watched over her, only moving away from her bed when the nurses came around to check her vitals and adjust medication.

Tilting his head to the side his smile grew a little bit wider as she thanked him, measuring the success of the day based upon her near death experience. “If the universe hadn’t wanted you to survive I doubt I would have been walking by when I did.” He chuckled, not really believing in such things as fate or coincidence but knowing that it had been luck in timing that had him leaving when he had. “You’re welcome,” he added on stretching his legs out under her bed. Rolling his cobalt hues towards the sky he kept his voice gentle, “I’m not most people and you can stop apologizing. You are the victim here.” Jon hated using the word victim as there were all sorts of negative connotations surrounding it and yet he couldn’t find another equivalent at the moment. “I’m just glad you are okay.”

If she was being truthfully honest, Irene has never felt being in the mercy of others as something she could get used to. It was a rare situation for her to land herself in, and today just so happens to be one of the dreadful days. The good thing was that, amidst the chaotic mess in her head, at the moment, she managed to make an acquaintance with someone new; someone who seemed a lot more polite compared to her and carried himself with a clear stance, like the weight of the world is currently resting on his shoulders. The blonde didn't appreciate getting injured when she had an important meeting at the end of this week, and now she wasn't sure how she was going to make it to the conference when she's bed bound like this. "At least it's temporary" she murmured, as she rubbed the left side of her head while sitting up, so she could be in a more comfortable position.

As if the headache wasn't enough, she could feel like someone literally just stabbed right through her at that point, oh god it hurts. "I guess I wouldn't call you much of a stranger though, right? I know your name… and well, weirdly enough the name of your company too, which should be strange but I guess it's not that strange if you count me reading through the list of potential corporate holders for investments" she chuckled, Irene did her research when she first came here. While she was thinking about making a home here because it had served her a better home compared to her own, the diviner still needed to rake a few people on her contacts list, which meant she had to make investments. 

Upon finding out that she's been out for about roughly 4 hours, Irene huffed and crossed her arms, "That's… considered quite the time." She could've done so much in 4 hours. "Where's my phone? Did it get any calls?" Surely, her secretary, Nadia, would've rung her up a few times or left texts lying by to remind her of the meeting this week. "I guess I should thankful my savior is around when I needed one" she teased cheekily, though it hasn't escaped her notice that it was the first time she's encountered a group of rogues like that. "How were they even out there… I thought they're being actively hunted down by their own kind… or so what I've heard anyway. Attacking someone out in the open like that, that's reckless, and not to mention, incredibly stupid." 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by ✓ Ophelia Dreyvalian ~Admin~.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service