In the middle of band practice the museum had called her and asked her to pick up an item they had acquired from a local shop. To say she was annoyed at having to pack up her drumsticks and would be an understatement since they didn’t always get a lot of time together. Work was a priority and she did love it but sometimes she did revel in the small amount of personal time she seemed to have. But she had done what was necessary, pulling her hair up into a high ponytail with a few braids throughout. Unfortunately she didn’t have time to change out of her ripped and black skinny jeans or gray tank top with purple wings across the back and a heart with a dagger through it on the front upper left. It was not museum acquisitions attire that was for sure but apparently the shop she needed to go to was closing soon.

Thankfully it wasn’t far and she would be able to leave her car parked where it was and walk. Her phone told her it was only a few blocks away and she should be there in a matter of minutes. Though her GPS somehow managed to take her to the wrong location since she put in street instead of avenue. With a small groan she corrected the address and realized that she was going to have to run to get there by the anticipated time since she hated being late. This was a terrible thing to put on her at the end of the day after she’s already been out of work for awhile, though she knew they had been trying to get this piece for awhile and everything was finally aligning.

Stretching and loosening up her muscles she began to jog to the correct location, turning when her phone told her as she moved around the slower moving people. It was a bit frustrating when people just wanted to stand in the middle of the sidewalk when she had somewhere to be. Hopefully they didn’t decide to close early since they should know she was coming, however, given her boss was a bit airheaded at times, he may have forgotten to call ahead to let them know she was coming since that wouldn’t be the first time. Silently hoping that her boss had done his job she began to slow since her GPS showed that she was almost there.

Crystalline eyes traveled over the signs for all the shops on the block reading them quickly as she walked slowly. What was it called again? Madison Mediums? No that didn’t sound right at all. As her eyes landed on a very different design of sign. “Maddox…” She said quietly under her breathe. “Sounds right.” She said under her breath as she grabbed the door handle glad it was unlocked as she pushed it open a small bell over the door ding. Stepping inside she called out, “Hello, I’m Willa Constantine, I’m here to pick up something for the museum.” She called out moving towards the counter to wait. After a few minutes of waiting she grew restless and uncomfortable so began to wander around the shop. Some things were labeled and other’s were. The charms to bring peace, love, happiness and things like that didn’t bring her much interest so she kept walking.

A stone tablet was being held on a display stand and the symbols seemed like ones she knew. Carefully she picked up it up curious to see if it was authentic or just some sort of duplicate. Her focus and interest locked on what she was doing.

Views: 49

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It had shocked him entirely that a shop like his in a supernatural city was so popular; of course, he was well aware that many people would come in to look at the artefacts that he frequently collected - at least, the ones which he didn’t need but even some came to him for his Medium services. He would have thought, that being supernatural themselves, they would know that he, in fact, could not talk to the dead; nonetheless, it was thriving and he truly could not complain - it was bringing him money to live on, it was upping the Maddox reputation in the Supernatural world and it would soon open up other revenues of work. Of course, Abraham had always had a desire to go on exorcisms, or to cast demons out of buildings and people’s homes - he desired the Maddox family would be the new Warren. Abraham also had to admit, where he didn’t have much, if any sort of social life - out of his making, by the way - he found that having the shop open longer hours throughout the day gave him the social life that every being craved; no matter how often they tried to deny such a thing.  

With that, it was a no brainer that he would be happy to keep the store open just a little later than normal this evening; the bloke on the other end of the phone almost begged him to as he desperately wanted his hands on one particular artefact for his collection. To find out it was a museum baffled him a little, maybe they knew more about the item’s past than what he did; which could very much be the case - he just needed enough to know what it could and couldn’t do, and that was it. Plus, saying goodbye to one item, made it possible for him to go on another scavenger hunt to find more items to sell which could then potentially lead him to a great find. A find that could help him solve the barrier between the living and the dead; and without the help of those Aspects that many people spoke of - he didn’t want to go to them for help, as they surely would say that he would be breaking the balance and put a stop to any move that he intended to make. 

Abraham lowered the lights somewhat in his shop, he didn’t really want any more customers for the evening besides the individual coming to collect the item; therefore, he moved round back to tidy up from his Medium sessions. It was until he heard the soft ring of the bell which indicated the individual was here; ‘a female?’ He thought to himself, certainly not what he expected. Abraham cleared his  throat and slowly entered the main shop and glanced at the woman who stood with her back to him - clearly fascinated with the stone tablet; watching her be completed unaware of his presence caused his lips to curl and very slight exhale of amusement to pass his lips. 

The Diviner walked up behind her, and stood there like her shadow as he peered over her shoulder at the tablet which she had picked up. “I wouldn’t do that if I was you” He spoke. “It is known to be quite a nasty piece of work” 

It was rare for Willa to become so engrossed in studying something outside of the museum since that was her safe space. But the tablet was so intriguing and clearly it wasn’t some knock off or replica. The runes weren’t necessarily ones that she knew but they seemed familiar and her mind whirled trying to figure it out. Perhaps the shop owner knew more about it and she would ask them when she saw them. Her finger tips traced over the grooves that that had been finely crafted into symbols, some of them looked like a few of the angelic runes she had seen throughout her life but she didn’t actually know what most of them meant. Maybe she could take it off the shop owners hands for a fair price. Then again what was fair to her and fair to most people didn’t always match up.

Being so engaged within her own thoughts and trying to figure out the tablet that she didn’t notice the sound of the footfall over another person. Or maybe it was the incessant ticking of the large clock which covered up the sound of his steps. Either way she had not anticipated someone coming up behind her, let alone addressing her. So the sudden voice seemed much louder than it was really was in the silent shop, other than the ticking of the clock. Startled the tablet fell from her hands as she slide the dagger from it’s holster which was hidden in the waistline of her skinny jeans.

Stepping backwards a step with one foot she swung the other around the face the person who the male voice belonged to. Placing a dagger against the throat of a stranger wasn’t exactly something she often, though it did kind of depend on your definition of often. She was known for being overly vigilant and he obviously wasn’t trying to be a threat which came from a very quick assessment of him. Pulling the dagger back she slide it back into it’s holster. “I’m sorry, I don’t handle people sneaking up on me well.” Of course now that the assumed threat had passed and the adrenaline was still a bit high.

Looking down she groaned as the tablet she had been holding was now in two rather large pieces with a few random smaller shards on the floor. “Of course.” She muttered under her breath while silently cursing herself as she bend down to pick up the pieces, “I’m going to assume you have one of those fun, you break you buy signs around.” She said as her finger slide across one of the sharp edges of one of the smaller pieces causing blood to well up and trail down her fingertips. Truly this was not shaping up to be her night.

Despite it being late, and the desperate need to go home so that he could get ready to go on his evening jog - he did thoroughly enjoy watching people become so engrossed with things that he is passionate about; it made him feel strangely happy even though he knew their interest would only last for a short while - they would soon get bored and head towards something else which was more down their street. Thus, it was no surprise that he took a few moments in silence as he watched the brunette across the room lose herself in the artefact which she held; she must have known something as the stone was somewhat related to the artefact which her boss had asked her to pick up. Yet, as he got a little closer to her, his gaze fell upon the rock which she held and his lips parted only slightly; of course she was drawn to something incredibly dark and if it fell into the wrong hands - well, he couldn’t even imagine what they would do with it. 

Abraham inhaled deeply before he spoke but clearly did not anticipate the reaction that his closeness would bring; and thus, he soon found himself with his chin slightly tilted upward and his arms up in the air in a surrendering manner. Of course, despite being so close to death, he truly couldn’t stop the smile which slowly grew as he looked at her; a Nephilim, he could see the purple in her eyes - so it was no surprise that she was well equipped in situations like this. Once Abraham had sussed out her species, his gaze soon moved down to the stone which was now shattered into tiny little pieces at his feet and a slight hiss passed his lips; oh boy was he glad he was not the one to have dropped it. So much so, he let slip a little laugh before exhaling as she dropped the weapon from his throat - which consequently allowed him to move from such a defensive stand and stood a little more comfortably; yet he did move back ever so slightly away from the broken pieces.  

“Duly noted for the next time we bump into each other” Abraham commented with a slight nod, he supposed it was good that she behaved in such away, after all - the city was full of creeps. Abraham shook his head at her statement. “Normally, I would but in your instance, I won’t…” He trailed off to find a nicer way of saying it. “You see, what you just broke you don’t want to be taking home with you. Just by breaking it, you’ve probably gone and got yourself cursed” Abraham didn’t know just how true that was, but he wouldn’t put it past the stone to be able to do such a thing. He did, however, note the blood which was now trickling down her finger and he nodded; perhaps the stone was already working it’s dark magic. “Let me get the first aid kit before you bleed out on my floor” 

How had Willa not noticed the man? His presence was something that was clearly hard to miss and yet she had been so engrossed within her own mind that some how he had flown under he radar and that made her very angry with herself. Those azure hues of his seemed to twinkle which mischief even as he held his hands up in surrender so show he wasn’t a threat. Grant that meant nothing since everyone had the propensity to be a threat but she was the one currently holding the knife. How could he be so amused right now? It was truly infuriating to say the least but if he was the shop owner she needed something from him for her job so she should probably play nice. Not that she really have any idea how to do that but she could be civil.

At his laughter her brows drew down and together unable to figure out what exactly have amused him so about the situation. Maybe he was one of those people who got an adrenaline rush from being close to danger or death. She honestly hadn’t know that was even a thing until recently. “Sorry about the…well that.” She motioned to the pieces she was trying to collect which he seemed to move away from which sent a shiver of warning down her spine causing her blood to turn cold. There was something about this stone which he had yet to tell her, that much was clear and there was a very heavy feeling in her chest that she wasn’t going to like what he had to say.

“You shouldn’t sneak up on people in general, especially if you’re trying to run a business.” She countered as he spoke of keeping it mind should they run into one another again. At his next words she froze, the muscle of her entire body locking for a moment and holding her in the crouched position she was already in the pieces falling from her hands. “I’ve really had enough of curses and cursed objects in my life time so instead of the Great Oz type of speech you just tell me what I broke.” Her voice coming out much stronger than she currently felt, a small almost unnoticeable tremor starting in her hand. “I doubt I’m going to bleed out from…never mind you know best in this instance.” She begrudgingly muttered as slowly stood up from the floor feeling a momentary head rush and reaching out to the only thing near by to steady herself, him. Though something told her that of everything in the store, she should truly be cautious of him.

“It is not the first thing to have been broken in here, no need to apologise” Abraham could tell that she was genuinely sorry for breaking one of his artefacts; and there was a very small part of him that wanted to continue to play that sympathy card - yet, noting the knife she kept so close to her being, he did not want to push his luck too much. After all, she was technically a paying customer and he needed to keep his business going; the last thing he needed was to make the museum owner hate on his services and thus, take his business elsewhere - to Bexley’s shop, for example. Oh how he would never live that down, thus, to play nice to the Nephilim was a must, even if his own social skills were next to none. “But it is the first time a customer has happily tried to tidy up after themselves” Abraham chuckled some as she began to gather the pieces, but his own hesitance was definitely noticed as he was sure he was able to see a shiver run down her. 

He was tempted to say that he did not sneak up on her, that in fact, he tried to get her attention for a few moments before she realised he was behind her; but that would probably result in more sass from her. “I’m getting better, I’ll have you know.” He spoke defensively. “That sneak was nowhere near as silent as I used to do” Abe commented and his shoulders rolled nonchalantly; yet his brow rose curiously as she mentioned she has had enough of cursed objects in her life - there were stories there that he knew he needed to hear, so perhaps he would make sure that they did indeed bump into one another again. “You have piqued my interest” He mused before unwillingly finding himself becoming her aid in standing up straight from what seemed to be a head rush; he exhaled softly, he supposed he could tell her, after all, it wasn’t the worst object he held - they all stayed out back away from accident prone people.

“It’s simply a curse which makes your very nightmares become living - you’ll hallucinate them in your waking hours. But they will be so real, that you’ll forget they’re all in your head” Abraham informed her, and guided her towards the nearest seat so she could compose herself. “It has been known to kill the victim over time if not removed” Abe wanted to add that in for effect, and being a darker individual himself, he would typically let her leave without the help - but today he was in a generous mood. He allowed the information to sink in as he went to collect the first aid kit; he assumed her being a Nephilim, her wounds would probably heal by the time he returned. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by ✓ Ophelia Dreyvalian ~Admin~.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service