Tonight, was one of the nights that Elle-Mae decided to take a break. Between finishing editing the current book for her publishing company, and generally trying to settle in Evermore; after moving here not long ago. Her schedule had been quite busy. In a way, Elle-Mae liked keeping herself busy; it kept her mind distracted from the family drama that always seemed to concern her two brothers. But at the same time, it felt a bit of a relief; that she had chosen an evening; where she could relax and let loose a little bit.

She heard, there was supposedly some sort of party going on in the woods. In The Therianthrope territory to be exact. Not that she was exactly looking for a party; but word spread quickly throughout the City. At least, to those that were paid attention. Elle-Mae thought it would be a good opportunity to meet members of the pack. Aswell, as maybe spot a few familiar faces that she had met the last time; she had been in Evermore a few years ago.

After getting herself ready; Elle glanced at herself in the mirror that was located in the hallway of her apartment. A Pair of Dark Jeans, With Boots, along with a nicer long sleeved top. It seemed, pleasant enough for a party in the woods. Especially with the weather that was still on the cooler side. Especially during the evenings. Grabbing her jacket. Elle-Mae then pulled out any trapped locks behind the hem of jacket. Her dark brown locks, falling around in simple waves around her face.

Elle, first made sure that she had everything; before leaving her small humble abode that was the apartment. It was small, cozy enough for her. Even though, there was extra space for a second person. But, it never really bothered her living on her own; after moving from her family home for College. She had gotten used to that aspect, of adulthood. The young woman, locked up her apartment, after leaving.

The journey to the woods, didn’t take her that long. Considering,her apartment was located near the woods...and she had a car. Driving towards the woods; she had the window scrolled down slightly. Letting the evening breeze, through the gap. It wasn't long, before her supernatural hearing picked up on the loud chatter, music booming through out the lands near by. It seemed like, the party had already began. And from the sound of things. Everyone was having a good time. For a few moments; The Therian felt a bit nervous. What if she was intruding? She didn't know everyone, in the community yet. But, she had to remind herself; that everyone was welcome from what she heard about this. In a small clearing, she saw a few others car parked. Finding a spot for her own. Elle, saw the fire that was near by. No doubt, that's where the music and chatter was also coming from.

After getting out of her car, locking it up. Elle-Mae took a deep breath. Before making her way over towards the social gathering, in the woods. Her Greeny-Blue eyes, scanning everything and anything in sight. Taking it all in. The people, the setting, the beauty around them.

Views: 254

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Out of all the years she lived in evermore with her father, she never once wanted to make friend in the fear of losing them or moving away once more. Sera wondered how her old friends where doing as she could not connect with them anymore so she never got any of them as by now they got new accounts and numbers. The only friend she had is her father which she never once thought that was bad. Her father is a daughter's best friend and she loves him deeply. Sera looked after him until he can stand up for himself once again and became the strong and protective father he was before her mother got killed. 

Since her family is back together once again, not sure if it's a good thing as she has a bittersweet relationship with her brother for many reasons. Seraphina laid in bed most of the day thinking about looking within her self to realized she can build her life again as it's safe. In order for her to open up she spent most of the day in her mind thinking what she likes, what kind of friends she wanted, how she wanted to be seen in front of people and how to not be distant. The will be so hard for her not to be since she is use to being that way. Sera needed to get out of her shell so her only answer was to be someone she use to be; social, bubbly, friendly with nothing bothering her with her side of kicking butt with all the things she was taught.

Once she finally got up and looked on her phone she saw someone sent her an email about a party that night as Sera knew it was her chance to meet friends and get away from her mind space and have fun. Maybe a little to fun but letting lose is better then keeping it in. Looking at the time she got herself a quick snack and dressed up for the party. 

Seraphina didn't want to stand out nor did she want to be unnoticed, she put on her leather jacket, red tank top, black skinny jeans and boots along with her hair to lay down to show how long her hair really is. it didn't take long for her to walk, as she let the music and the small of her kind guide her though the darkness of the woods. Once she got in the line of sight of people she smiled as they went back to talking as she stopped and looked around wondering how she could talk to someone if there already any talking to each other already. She was not the type to jump into an already conversation. She went to the fire bit and sit near by taking in the air and to relax her leg from the walk she just had.  

The chatter got louder, the more closer she got. It seemed like everyone was already in conversations; Elle didn’t want to intrude on their chatter as it people were catching up themselves about what was going on in their life. But she saw a few heads turn in her direction, eyeing her with curiosity. The Therian gave them a warm friendly smile, without intruding on their conversations. But her greeny-blue eyes caught sight of someone familiar. A younger Therian, that Elle-Mae had met the last time she had been in Evermore, a few years ago.

The two girls had started out quiet awkwardly; always just greeting each other when they passed by each other. Before, Elle took the leap and had actually started a conversation with the young woman. And that had led them to start up a friendship. But sadly, they hadn’t seen each other for a long while; since Elle had been gone 5 years. There were a few people, that Elle-Mae tried to keep in touch with; when she left. Seraphina was one of them. As Elle always enjoyed her company back then.

“Sera?” Elle asked softly, walking towards the young woman. A soft smile on her face. It was quite a relief, to see someone familiar at this gathering. Hopefully, the young female still remembered her. At least, face wise. Although, Elle didn’t think she had changed that much physically. She still looked pretty much the same. “How have you been?” she asked softly. Walking closer towards the younger female, so she could join her by the fire. Taking a seat near Seraphina. Wondering, what exactly had changed since they last seen each other, let alone last time they had spoken. Elle-Mae always found it much better to catch up with someone in person, rather than over the phone or via emails. Technology, felt so impersonal went it came to catching up with someone.

Seraphina walked around looking at the everyone who looked at her going back to whatever they were talking about. Seraphina does not know to say if they asked her to join their conversation. She is not expecting to remeet anyone or didn't think anyone would call her name.  As she sits getting warm and felt someone sitting by her. Seraphina looked to see who it was. To she shock it was Elle. "Elle Mae?" she asked to the other wondering if it was her or someone who looked like her. 

Sera remembers the last time she talked to Elle they never really talked to each other. Just smiling, asking how the other is doing, then go on there way with their lives. Seraphina from then and now she grew a lot hoping it is Elle she can talk to her without just being distant she is known to be.  "How have you been, it's been a long time since we last saw each other," Seraphina said with a bright smile, she didn't expect to see anyone that night. 

The young kitsune expected to be alone and the leave after a while to cuddle in bed and listen to her music until she falls asleep. This is her chance to build a friendship and to talk to regain her social life. "How has life been treating you, I hope very well."

When Elle had left 5 years ago; no one really knew the reasons why she had left. As much as she hated to leave back then, it was what had been best at the time; given the sticky and threatening situation, that had been looming around her. But even though she was back now. The situation hadn’t fully resolved it self yet. She just knew, whom had been behind it 5 years ago. Hearing Sera say her name. The Therian smiled softly. “In the flesh.” she said softly. Some internal relief, that the younger woman remembered her still. Elle was about 5 years older than Seraphina. And whilst she was still ever youthful and young. Elle probably looked a bit more mature, than she had done 5 years ago.

Hearing Sera’s question. It almost seemed quite deep and philosophical. Internally/Emotionally, Elle had been a mess if she was to be honest. But, that was a story for another time. She didn’t want to linger on the sadness and guilt she felt during the last 5 years, away from Evermore. “I’ve been okay. Had..a lot going on.” She said somewhat, being truthful, without going into the entire depth of the situation. You know me, keeping busy with my job as always. But I did get to see a bit of England, after I left.” Elle always liked exploring new places and learning a bit more about culture in different countries. It was always interesting, how people differed from countries. Some were more welcoming, than others. Whilst some took time to warm up to foreigners.

The young Kitsune, was always sweet any time they had spoken. It made Elle smile, hearing how Sera enquired about how life had been treating her. In some ways, it was good. In other ways challenging. But that was life. “It’s been interesting...to say the least.” Elle said with a soft smile. “How about you? How have you been keeping the last few years?” she asked her softly. Who knows, what the younger woman sitting besides her, had been up when Elle had been away.

For the past five years, Seraphina had stayed by her father’s side taking care of him, when he got back on his feet Sera has been trying to figure out what to do in life. Seeing someone from the time sitting next to her made her felt happy. “I can see that. Wow, what an unexpected visitor I never expected.” Sera’s life became unexpected such as her brother coming back from the dead or she thinks. Could it be that her life is getting back together in an away she never imagine?

The kitsune listened and keep her eyes on the other.”Am so happy your back. If you never need to talk with someone about anything you know I will lean an ear for you.” Seraphina said with a smile. England, wow the other must have a dark past to travel far but it was none of her business to get but she knew the feeling of being in a dark hard place. Something she does not recommend to anyone to travel down. Seraphina didn’t know how she got out of that place but she guessed it was her father believing in her to be stronger and pull through. Her father is her strength in life that is how close she is to her father.

When the other female asked her about the past few years Seraphina laughed and then bit her lips. “Well, it’s the same for me, taking care of my dad. My brother finally came home after many years without telling us where he has been. Am slowly getting back into life thinking about going into college.” Seraphina said looking at the other. “Honestly I don’t know if I can just say good or anything it’s been bittersweet but the darkness is slowly breaking away,” Seraphina said looking at the flames of the fire. “Still Single,” she said joking wondering if it will bring a laugh between them since she put the mood in a dark place.

It seemed like, she had taken a few people by surprise, with arriving back in the city. Sometimes, she even surprised herself by the courage she had, for coming back into the same city; that had given her challenges in the past. But, maybe it was a good thing. To learn, to grow from the past; and deal with the Demons that still lurked around. But, it would take one step at a time. “I hope, that’s a good unexpected.” Elle said softly. Knowing, for some people; it could go either way.

The elder Therian, smiled softly as she heard Sera. The younger one, was always sweet. And knowing, she had a friend whom was here to listen; if she needed to vent. It was reassuring, to say the least. “Thanks, I appreciate that actually.” Elle said softly. But she didn’t want to burden her, with her issues on their reunion. They could talk, about that another day maybe. Elle wanted to try and think, of something more cheerful for the night. And enjoy the gathering.

Listening to Sera, give her a few updates on what had been going on the last few years.”I haven’t seen your dad around yet, but I hope he’s doing alright.” Elle looked surprised, her brother was back in town. “That’s good,he came home right?” She said softly. If she would be in Sera’s place, she would have been relieved. But maybe, it was because Elle was always very close to both her half-brother and baby brother. Both of them, meant a lot to her. And the time, she spent away from them; she had missed them both. But their reasons for being in different places, was mainly due to career paths and University. But who knows, what her elder brother had been up to? Elle had no idea, as she hadn’t seen him, since she was 16. Elle nodded her head in understanding. “I’d recommend going to college, especially if you know what classes you want to take. It’s worth your time, learning something new.” And no doubt, more opportunities for Sera to meet new people.

As the young Kitsune, cracked a joke. Elle giggled slightly, smiling. “Really? It’s hard to believe, you didn’t catch someone’s eye yet.” she said honestly. Seraphina was young, she still had plenty of time to find someone. Fingers crossed for the young Kitsune, that her love life wouldn’t be so messy, like hers was.

Seraphina smiled at the other looking at the female. "It's a good thing. Why would you think I would say that as a bad thing?" They never had anything with bad blood, she didn't like to be in conflict with others. Hearing the other say hoping its a good unexpected made the kitsune wonder what is going on among the other's mind. 

"You were in a dark place, me out of a lot of people would understand what you might have been though if it's about family. Not saying I know about your life just questioning. England must've been a trip. I never think about traveling out of the country before." Seraphina would be lying to herself for her curiosity about the other's trip. 

When the female talked about Sera's father she could not help but laugh. " You know him, her is a very hard working guy. He got himself up a few years ago and now with an amazing woman." Seraphina said with a smile but it soon faded when it came to her brother. "Yeah I mean it's better than losing another family member. He is home," she said keeping it very short. Sera was not the one to talk about her brother knowing the backstory he put her and her father went through the years. She does not have the heart to forgive him anytime soon either she wants to burn someone to understand what Awyrn did. 

Seraphina was at the point in life to heal and find herself become someone who she can rely on.  When the other said about her idea to go into college a smile came on the kitsune's face. "I have a few ideas about what I want to do as it kinda comes close together. I agree and thank you for what you just said. it makes me feel confident to go on with the idea. I hope what I do can help people since it's been proven I can do so since look at my father today." Sera said thinking after everything that did happen might have gotten into the path of life she is meant to be made. As much as she didn't want to look at it in that way but the timing and her finding something that she is good at other than weapons and being a hunter what her family is known for. After what happened she knew her father would not want them to continue that path that killed their mother but for Seraphina, it's something that kept her close to her mother and her sane together. 

The Kitsune never thought about her dating anyone in the strong belief she does not want to put any burned anyone in her life that wants to join and meet her family. Seraphina knew she is broken and unstable to have one so her not bothering anyone with the subject. "I mean I don't know, I don't think anyone would look at me in that way if am going, to be honest," she said with a sigh. " I mean my father is going to be happy, my brother somehow knows how to get his life in a better way of being happy. I don't think the cards for love is for me in a way." Seraphina knew her family would not like to hear her say that knowing they want her in a dress one day and have kids and live a normal life. 

Normal was not a word she looked to look at in today's life. After her mother, she does not believe in love nor it meant for her. If it does come to her she could be too blind to see it coming. 

Maybe, Elle’s question was a bit stupid and silly. She had to admit. It made her relieved to hear that it was a good thing. “I just know, I surprised a few people with my return…” and one particular reunion did not go so well. Maybe that’s why she had questioned it. Even if there never had been bad blood between them two. And she hoped, there wouldn’t be. “I guess, I am second guessing myself a lot lately.” Elle admitted.

Sera’s guess, wasn’t far off. Elle had been in a bit of a tough spot, but her brothers weren’t the cause of that. “As, complicated my family can get..it wasn’t the reason.” The elder Therian shook her head softly. “But,I was in a...well unpleasant situation, that drove me away. And that kind of left with me a lot of hurt, regret and guilt over the last 5 years. I am still healing, if I am to be honest.” Whilst, it wasn’t exactly the conversation, she wanted to have right now. Elle-Mae found it easy to open up to the young woman in front of her. “But all that aside, I always liked travelling and England, had been on my list of places to visit. It’s quite beautiful. If you ever decide to travel, and see a bit of the world. I can recommend a few places for you.” She offered, with a soft warm smile.

From what she knew about Orion, he was very work oriented. But also wanted the best for his children. Like, any father she supposed. It made her smile, what Sera said about her father. “That’s good, I am glad he found some happiness.” Elle knew that his position of both Alpha and Ambassador of the Therian faction, was a hard job. He needed something good in his life, besides his children. And to find some balance.  Elle could see, the pain and anger in Sera’s eyes, as they spoke of her brother. The elder woman, didn’t want to push the subject. Seeing it made Sera bit uncomfortable. Of course, she was angry; he left under bad circumstances.

It seemed, like Sera had a few things figured out and what she wanted to do. Just like, Elle always knew what she wanted to do, when she had finished High-school. “That’s good. If you have a path in mind, it helps.” But she was sure that Seraphina would do fine. The young woman was smart. She could do it, no doubt about that. It made, Elle smile softly. “I am sure, what-ever you set your mind to. You can do it. And if you want to help people, that’s even more wonderful.” Elle couldn’t help but always admire, those that picked professions that helped people. Those people, were somewhat of heroes in her eyes. Putting their lives on the line, to help those in need

Hearing Sera’s thoughts on the dating matter. Elle wondered, what made Seraphina say that. “Aww, come on. That’s not true.” Elle said softly. “You’re young, pretty, smart. And I am certain, if your dad found happiness...you’ll find it one day too.” Elle said honestly. She didn’t believe that it wasn’t in the cards for Seraphina. But maybe because she didn’t know her own reasoning to say things. And if, Elle struggled to find positives about her life love, than she might as well have some hope for her friend.

She was sure, everyone had their own personal struggles. And the pair of them, were no exception to that. But, she hoped that Sera may be as lucky as to fall in love one day. There was no better feeling than that.

The kitsune looked at the other as she nodded. "I don't have a lot to be surprised I guess so I don't know how that will feel. I really missed you being around. You should've had to second guess yourself, Elle. " Sera said with a smile.

As she let the other talk to her without interrupting her. "Am sorry for that to happen to you. Family is one thing but having other things on top of it is unfair and really mean. Whatever you need, need a shoulder to cry on or even someone to talk with you know I will always be there for you. Everyone should know where my family house is. Stop by any time." Seraphina said hoping it's something the other needs to hear. "Healing is hard to do it alone. Trust me out all of my years being alone and no one to open up knowing grieving that went on it's much harder then anyone can even think about. Am not going to keep talking about it knowing it could be hurting you on the inside."  She hates to hear someone who is hurting especially to someone who is very nice like Elle. Bring someone down like how she felt is like reliving and watching her own self again."I've always wondered how it looked like. I hope at some point in my life I can travel I will put it on my list. " she returned the smile to Elle. 

Seraphine as she looked down at her fingers. "Yeah same here. After everything and how the person who ruined my family, he is the one person I wish to be very happy. " She didn't want to bring her problems to the other person who didn't deserve her's one top of their own. Sera didn't want to give her brother the time of day to talk about. She closed her dark brown eyes as she turned away from the other. "Sorry. It hurts because we use to be so close and then what he did. It hurts so much."

"That is the start really. I know I can take care of one person but can it really help with many others. I've learned your first thought it the best step to a final decision. It has to be the best one since my future depends on it. " Sera said. She still didn't know what she really wanted or her talents. Seraphina hopes it's good and won't go to waste. "Am just to blinded due to I have no idea what am good at other then what my family's name is really. I know my mother would want me to have a life and I don't want to disappoint her. I feel the presser even though I shouldn't."

For Seraphina, she guessed she never really grew up fast as she thought. Just the teenager from the past that just woke up from her nightmare that does not want to accept anything. Her thoughts were interrupted when the other spoke about her comments on her with the love life.  "Yeah, sure but that is my dad who got a second chance. I don't even think I got what it takes." Sera said with a sigh. Seraphina didn't know what will someone find to like or love about her. Guess that is something she will have to figure out when the time comes. 

Maybe this is what Elle needed. To have a friend, to hear that she wasn’t alone. That she had support. And the words coming from Seraphina, meant a lot. “I’ve missed you too, Sera.” Elle leaned over, wrapping the other female in a hug.

Elle-Mae knew, what a caring soul Seraphina was. It was clear, from the way she talked to her. Willing to look out for her, during the rough times, she was going through. Some were partially, her own fault and guilt. Others were related to her two brothers; her two favourite people in the world, constantly at each other’s throats. To put it bluntly, family reunions were always intense. “I think, I cried enough the last 5 years...but I’ll keep that in mind.” she said softly. Sometimes Elle felt like she might have been out of tears, but she wasn’t yet. Sometimes, the water-works still came. Maybe Elle was always stubborn, she preferred dealing with things on her own, even healing. But Sera was right. She couldn’t do this alone. “I have lots of pictures, from my travels. I can share them someday. Then you’ll get a little taste of England.” Elle told Sera.

As Seraphina spoke about her brother. Elle could understand where she was coming from. “Yeah, It sucks when something like that happens between siblings. I hope, that things will get better for you both.” she said honestly. Fighting between siblings, always tugged at her heart.

“I am sure, if you can take care of one person, you’ll be able to help others. Believe in yourself Sera.” Elle reassured her. “You’re also young, so if you make mistakes, you’ll learn from them...it’ll help you get to where you want to be.” Not everyone always knew,what they wanted to be and do. “I am sure, you’ll find a passion for something. You just need to try and a few things.” It wasn’t written in the stars, that she follow in her family’s footsteps. She could be whomever she wanted and Elle hoped, she’d see it.

Elle knew that Seraphina been through a lot. More, than a young woman her age should have. But it concerned her, she doubted her self-worth like that. But a part of her understood, feeling like she was in the same position, herself.

The young kitsune let the redhead hugged her having a small smile on her face. Ever since coming to Evermore away from everyone she knew besides her father she has felt lost and sad. This is her first hug for a long time she has received from someone who is not in her family. She almost forgot how it felt but it calmed Sera.

Running out of tears is something the kitsune could really relate too. After the death of her mother and her brother up and left made her feel small like it was only her and her father around. They have not heard about her cousins in a whole while but she doesn't want to think about anything bad that could’ve happened. She thinks she is done with the crying but really she is not. “You might think the well is out but really it’s never out dry.” Sera said with a small smile. “When we think it’s over it really is not. Live has ways for it to mess us up all over again. Going back to square one which is cruel and unfair.” Sera said with a small sigh. When the subject changed to pictures Sera smile brightly. “I would love to see your photos sometime. I bet it’s beautiful as it sounds.” Seraphina knew the country was not all that beautiful as history has dark tones. As she had to study for a project about England she knew the goods and the bads that the people have gone through but does not know what is going on today.

“Better in what way?” Seraphina looked at Elle unsure if she wanted to talk more about the little details. It was not a secret she wants to close to her brother again and getting over the hurt and what little things she found out will be a ride she is unsure if she really wants to go on. Life has its ways to be like that she guessed.

The young Kitsune might have ideas for her wanting to do but does not mean she has anything set in stone. She didn’t want to attach to something that will not be forever. “Thank you. You don’t know how much I needed to hear though words. It’s just been crazy.”

Elle had always been affectionate; one for hugs, the listener if a friend needed a shoulder to cry on and vent to. But if angered; the Lycan did have a fiery/emotional side. But most of all. Elle was head-strong. Maybe growing up with two brothers had a part to play in that. The young Therian always took care of her own battles; never liked the idea of someone fighting for her. No matter how close they may be. It was just her independent nature.

She pursed her lips slightly, at Sera’s comment about tears never running out. “I guess, love and heart-ache does that, huh?” And it wasn’t just romantic kind of love. But love for someone you’re close to, for example your family. Maybe after all that happened, she needed a break from the dating department. “Yeah, life does like to throw curve balls, at us once in a while.” The red haired woman couldn’t help but agree with that point. It certainly wasn’t easy; but over her years she’d found ways to deal with it. Each downfall somehow would eventually make you stronger, once you’d get through it. Elle always told herself that. And she had a feeling that Sera too was a fighter like that.

But being back in Evermore; with a good friend of hers. Things were looking up. Elle tried to think on the positives, which included Seraphina and her elder brother being back in her life. “Are you free tomorrow?” Elle-Mae wasn’t sure what Seraphina had on her schedule. “Maybe we can meet up for a girls day out, or something? I can show you the pictures then too.” She suggested. If Seraphina wouldn’t happen to be free. She wouldn’t mind finding another free day for them both,to hang out.

When Sera questioned how things would get better. Elle thought it best, she share her past with her elder half brother Phoenix. “Well, I have two brothers. Phoenix...is my elder half brother. Out of the family...it always felt, like I was the closest to him. Nik and our baby brother Justice...those two always fought like cats and dogs...and our father, didn’t seem to take a big shine to Phoenix, as he wasn’t his biological son.” Elle frowned. It always hurt her, that her father couldn’t accept Phoenix as his own; she knew how unloved her big brother always felt. “He left home, when I was a young teenager. Nik was gone out of my life, for a long time. We only briefly saw each other, at our mother’s funeral. I didn’t get to see my big brother again, until I moved back to Evermore. And every day, I missed him...wondered if he was alive and okay.” There were times when Elle thought, she might not see her big brother again. But she held onto hope. “If me and my brother, can work on forming a sibling bond again...then you and Arwyn can too. I know it hurts...what he’s done. But life is too short, don’t spend the rest of it, being angry at him. He’s the only brother you have Sera.” Elle told her softly. “But trust me, things will get better for you both. Especially if you’re both willing to work past the issues.” She gave her a warm yet reassuring smile. For Elle...all she had was her brothers. As their parents were both sadly dead. But Sera...she still had a loving father and elder brother, whom came back. That was worth holding onto, even if there was some bitter resentment there on Seraphina’s part.

Maybe it was the fact that Elle-Mae was older, that she always seemed to know what to say. In this case, it seemed to prove true, as Seraphina thanked her. “You’re welcome.” she said softly. Crazy...she could relate to crazy, for sure. “You know, if you ever need something temporary for a job. My publishing office, is looking for some assistant jobs for the managers. It’s mostly paper work, making phone calls and organising meetings for everyone else that works for the firm..but could be a good experience for you, until you might find a permanent job that’s in your alley.” Elle suggested, giving her a smile. The Therian would be more than happy to put in a word for Sera.

RSS

© 2024   Created by ✓ Ophelia Dreyvalian ~Admin~.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service