There was always a loophole in everything. Taealha first learnt that when she couldn't seem to get things her way during her experiments. She wasn't sure if she had experienced or before in her teen years considering the human still has yet to recall the small bits of her memories before her 17 year old self. Unfortunately, from the previous visit for her medical checkup today the doctor, she said the PTA could be permanent despite her therapies. Clearly, she wasn't happy to hear those news but said nothing about it. It wasn't as if she could actually express her upsetness, anyway. It was simply impossible for her to do that, so she gave a grateful nod and smile to her doctor before taking her leave. She decided then that there must be a way. A loophole. 

That was two weeks ago, she was thinking of stopping her therapies but Arianna told her it's best to keep up with it, so she did. Her eyes landed on the picture of her posing in front of the beautiful sunset, she had set it as her lock screen picture. It reminded her of that cheat day she never wanted to end; the best cheat day in her entire life. She ended up befriending the one she requested to take the same picture. Ivory Blake. Taealha misses her. After spending hours talking to each other at the cafe, they were forced to go their separate ways once the cafe was closing, but not before promising each other to meet again later. Initially, they planned to meet again the next Saturday, they were supposed to go to the greenhouse Ivy told her about. Unfortunately, neither of their schedules seemed to line up. Ivy was busy with her work and so was Taealha. She couldn't exactly stop midway and sneak out, it wasn't Taealha. 

Whenever Ivy is free, the human would be occupied with her thesis paper or the likes, and whenever she was free, Ivy would be somewhere outside of Evermore, doing her job. But finally, after a while, they were able to set a date to meet and spend the day. It was why she decided to clear everything on her day today, specifically for the Aussie girl. Taealha also made sure nobody would call her in. Today was just her and Ivy, as planned. As part of her New Year's look, the human decided to dye her hair, changing the dark shade of black to a brighter color that would definitely catch people's attention; red. She also sported that new blouse she got, a baby blue one with her usual skater skirt that stops just her knees, lower now because the weather was chilling. Her vibrant hair was curled naturally and left loose with a beret on top of it, her neck adorned with necklaces and all of her ear piercings present. The human still opted for heels, but settled for boots instead of pumps. 

Was she all dressed up to meet Ivy? Yes. Taealha always dressed up prettily for herself but perhaps she wanted to show a certain look for a certain someone today. After petting her cat, she slung her bag around her and locked the doors before making her way downstairs. They had agreed to meet in front of the same cafe; the cafe Ivy led her to, that day. It was only a few miles away from her apartment complex and Taealha enjoys jogging every morning, anyway, her cardio levels were fine. By the time she got there, she saw a familiar silhouette standing in front of the entrance, just across her. In order to get there, she needed to cross, in which Taealha waved enthusiastically towards her before doing so. "Have you waited for long?" 

Views: 1352

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Ivy nodded a little when Taealha repeated her compliment in a surprised tone, a lot of people saw the word fierce as someone who could fight and generally appeared to be quite intimidating but Taealha’s fierceness wasn’t something she wore on the surface for everyone to see, if anything she was more of a passive person but it was in the way she relentlessly continued despite the struggles she was going through which made her strong “Well then you probably weren’t looking in the right place for strength” she was sure a lot of people would overlook the qualities they locked away but Ivy saw them as most important. Ivy smiled the moment she felt Taealha squeeze gently against her hand “True” she responded, if you let it consume you then you would probably never move forward, but Ivy’s entire career depending on her image so that was a hard thing to forget.

Ivy swore this one girl, this tiny, red-haired, energetic ball of light, had her heart doing flips in her chest whenever she spoke, she had this casual but really sweet way of talking which made you believe her when she said things, like she was saying it with full sincerity and care “I am?” she spoke softly, honestly it was rare that she got to hear things like that and honestly it made her feel pretty breathless. She found it adorable how excited Taealha got about choosing what color for her to wear and then followed it up with what makeup she would put with it “So you like bold looks huh?” she smiled softly, that didn’t seem all that surprising given all the things she had learned about Taealha so far. She couldn’t help but feel reassured by Taealha’s words and how she believed that others were just not seeing her for who she was “What if I’m not sure I see that either?” she responded, Taealha was one of the first people she had interacted with and it was just her being her, for most other people she showed them what they wanted to see.

After returning the sneak attack cheek kiss she had gotten in the car earlier, she watched Taealha carefully for her reaction, smiling with amusement at the way she almost dropped her phone and turned almost tomato red from blushing “Well I was just giving you the same treatment you gave me in the car, you don’t think I forgot that sneak attack did you?” she grinned playfully, it made her stomach feel like it had butterflies because she was wondering what t would be like to kiss her for real. She refrained though because she wanted it to feel like the right moment, it would be her first kiss after all, well, her first real one that wasn’t for a film with a whole crew watching. She wanted it to be special and memorable...plus she was kinda freaking out about whether she would be really really bad at it.

Ivy smiled sweetly as Taealha talked about wanting to wear her new bikini “Everything is a fashion opportunity huh?” there was a tenderness in her voice, she wasn’t judging Taealha or anything like that, she was noting how endearing her personality was. Ivy pressed her lips together when Taealha said everyone had a tragic past. Despite some of the quarrels and difficulties Ivy had in her life, she couldn’t really say it was all that tragic, aside from her father walking out on her when she was young “Some are luckier than others” she was lost in thought so she was surprised when Taealha tugged on her arm and they wandered into the dark tunnel, it led through to another section of the greenhouse so they needed to go through the dangling chains which stopped the butterflies from getting from one place to the next “I think this next part is an aviary” she spoke softly, Ivy liked birds, especially the bright colorful parrots.

If she had a dollar for every single time Ivy threw her a compliment that was enough to make her blush, she was sure she’d end up making money from it.  Especially in the future, seeing as the Initia didn’t seem to have any intention of stopping either. “I’ve never tried to look deep enough, maybe there’s that.” She didn’t think she had to, she knew her own self confidence, she knows enough to fuel her motivation today. “I think it’s important to always keep our words to ourselves” she grinned, she didn’t necessarily need anyone else’s validation, even if Taealha craves for them. It was a want rather than a need. Like it has always been, she was fine alone. But judging from how things are moving, maybe she didn’t have to be alone in that anymore. Who knows? The human was just crossing her fingers and being hopeful. Sometimes, she worries if her emotion wasn’t delivered properly via texting, reading and speaking it are two very different mediums, after all. 

But Ivy didn’t seem to have any problem with that, which was more than enough to reassure the human that this form of communication can still continue for more days in the future. Maybe, if Ivy wanted, she could even attempt to teach her some sign language. “You are” she nodded enthusiastically, she didn’t shy away from her words, especially if it meant she was paying a compliment. Taealha loves makeup, she would often pair the clothes with plenty of makeup combinations. Sometimes the colors would match, sometimes she would find a way to make it work by blending it together. When asked if she liked bold colors, the redhead giggled, “I like how it looks on certain people. Not everyone can pull it off, you know. It takes a certain talent to rock it, and somehow despite your casual styling, I think you could pull it off. But we’ll only know once we see it for ourselves, no? So what do you say, Ivy,” she nudged the other female and winked playfully, one hand tugging on her arm as if she was trying to make her relent to those puppy eyes.

“Wanna let me give it a try? It won’t even take long, I promise. I have everything, you just need to be there in person” It’s been a while since she’s done anyone else’s makeup, the last time she remembered using another’s face for her canvas was during the last year of her degree studies. Taealha brought one hand up to pat Ivy’s hair and twirled a few strands of her locks with a warm smile, “Then if you would give me your permission, I’ll help you see it.” Thank god her phone is still fine, if she had let it slipped earlier, it was probably going to crack horribly, the blush was still so evident on her cheeks, someone just kissed her, gosh. She’s kissed a few jocks, sure, but she’s never actually liked them enough to date. This was a cheek kiss from someone she actually likes, so it hits differently. “It… wasn’t a sneak attack” she huffed and the way she tried to fan herself nervously had clearly implied it hit way too close to home. 

“I can’t be prancing in my new bikini at home… that would make me sound like a desperate loner” she pouted, she wanted to show things off to her friends too, or friend, whoever they are. Upon hearing that it was an aviary next, Taealha dragged Ivy with her giddily as she stepped into the next room, the sounds of birds chirping in the spacious area made her grin widely, even more so when she saw a hummingbird perched on a branch nearby, “Hummingbird!” she pointed excitedly towards the bird and was actually refraining herself from jumping in joy. Didn't manage to stop herself from losing her footing and actually holding onto Ivy for dear life.

Ivy nodded slightly, she noticed a lot of things about Taealha, probably because she had developed a crush on her in the time they had known one another, whenever they would be chatting over text she would notice how thoughtful the other girl could be or how she always liked to ask a lot of questions. She would often show Ivy her outfit of the day or what she was planning to wear tomorrow and the Initia enjoyed getting this little glimpse into her life. “I tend to be more direct but that also gets me into trouble a lot” she confessed in return and then grinned sheepishly over at Taealha when she read the message. She was sure the workers thought it was strange that the two of them were texting each other while standing right next to each other but she didn’t mind this form of conversation as long as she got to talk to Taealha.

“I’m not sure whether that’s a good sign or a bad sign” she responded and then laughed softly, it felt a little overwhelming to her that they were on their first date and yet Taealha was already inviting her to do other things, not that she wasn’t having fun or anything but this was all new for the Initia and every time she thought she was catching up something new seemed to come along, it made her feel breathless. “If I’m reading this right, you already want to spend time together again” she responded, when she looked up at Taealha she saw those adorable puppy dog eyes and the pout on her heart-shaped lips “Like I could ever say no when you’re pouting like that” she responded shaking her head in amusement because Taealha already seemed to be playing her like a violin.

It was strange, being physically intimate with someone like this, she felt herself getting nervous when Taealha reached up to touch her hair as though it wasn’t a big deal and honestly from the look on her face, it didn’t seem to actually be at all. It was hard not to be drawn to Taealha when she was this warm and positive person who wouldn’t let Ivy falter for a second “You would” she responded, resisting the urge to lean into her tough because it was so gentle and tender. “It was a full on sneak attack, I swear my heart jumped out my chest for a moment in shock” she responded and put a blushing emoji at the end, it was all definitely overwhelming for her but then she didn’t dislike it either.

She laughed softly under her breath “You’d make a whole list of plans for the future given the chance I suspect, along with an outfit to wear for each” it was sweet how she seemed to just keep thinking of more and more things she wanted to do, it definitely gave Ivy good signs that she was doing okay at the first date thing so far. She stumbled on her steps as they headed into the aviary and looked around for the birds, Taealha was the first to spot on and she was looking out towards when she suddenly noticed the human pulling against her hand where she tripped. Naturally, Ivy pulled her in closer, wrapping an arm around her to keep her upright but leaving them very close together by the end, she sucked in a breath and smiled, her eyes captivated by Taealha’s because they looked so sparkly at that moment. And then, suddenly, she felt the scratchy feeling of a bird’s feet as it landed on the top of her head, she sucked in a soft breath “Is it a parrot?” she whispered, prompting Taealha to check for her.

She wasn't going to lie, Taealha knew she could be finding herself being attracted to people, she's dated before, this wasn't new. Especially the feelings bubbling up, the human was a grown 23-year-old woman who is trying to live the best life she could possibly have, right now. But the attraction she felt towards Ivy is another level, she's never felt this drawn to someone ever since she adopted her cat, Leo. Would it be absurd or laughable if she were to admit that she developed a small crush on a certain lady she's been spending most of her time with? Okay, fine, maybe not small, it's quite literally impossible to leave the crush be when the Initia is making herself bigger in Taealha's list. "I think I like it" she quipped softly, "I like direct people. I'm a sucker for compliments sure, but I'd prefer it if people won't sugarcoat things for me."

Taealha wasn't stupid, she may live in her happy bubble and seems to be leading a good life, but she knows the troubles of the world. Enough to keep her where she is today. "Good? I just want to spend more time with you and is trying to find more excuses to do so, doesn't this tell you enough?" she even sent a winking emoji and a gif of someone throwing finger guns. This may not go as smoothly as she pictured but… it's moving. Or at least, she thinks it is. It was clear that Taealha wished to plan another date together, whether it would be far-fetched to be calling it a date, the human would still refer to it as one. "Mhmm, I want to spend more time with you, Ivy" The Initia's response made her grin grow as she wrapped her arms around the female as an attempt to hug. It wasn't too tight, just enough to show her excitement. At least she knows she had a tactic now, pout and give her those puppy eyes, got it. 

Taealha feels a bit guilty having to resort to such methods just to pull an advantage over Ivy but she didn't want things to end here. Could she be blamed for wanting to see her again? The redhead was used to being touchy, she's hooked her arm a lot of times with her colleagues. Sometimes, she would even kiss them on the cheeks, but the intention was to be friendly. They've been training together for years. The cheek kiss she gave to Ivy, however, was intended for something more different than just friendship. The blushing emoji made Ivy look cuter and Taealha could feel the temptation to just pinch her cheeks, though she refrained herself from doing so. "So you're fine with a cheek kiss… does that mean I can do it again later?" A girl's got to try her luck, sometimes.

"If I could plan my life until I'm 35, I actually would. Planning thoroughly is a fine habit to have, you know" she scoffed teasingly and had plenty of emoji to express her playful demeanor. She didn't realize she tripped until Ivy stopped her from falling face first, though she wasn't even sure if her attention was on her tripping any longer, not when she's staring deeply into her green hues that seemed to reflect the emotions inside. Oh, she wondered if she's told her just how much she loves her eyes? It left the human speechless as she blinked shyly and blushed once again, what was that? She actually didn't pay attention to what Ivy said until the second time because she was still mesmerized by her green optics, it was then that she nodded, "Mhmm... " There's indeed a parrot perching on top of her. So casually. 

Ivy nodded slightly as she read Taealha’s message saying she liked it when people were direct and didn’t sugarcoat things “At least you know when I compliment you that I mean it” she responded and smiled softly, honestly she wasn’t used to giving people compliments but they came so easily when she was thinking about Taealha because she was such a bright and likable person. She laughed as she saw the gif she used after she said she wanted to spend more time with her “I guess having never been on an...actual date before I wasn’t expecting the offer or another one so soon” then again when had they ever been orthodox, they went and had cupcakes and coffee together not long after they met, she still remembered that day fondly.

She pursed her lips when she said she wanted to spend more time with her and didn’t hesitate with her response “Me too” she added and then nodded slightly, she was surprised when the other girl stepped in closer to hug her, Ivy wasn’t normally a touchy person and while she perhaps wanted to be with people she had crushes on before, she never crossed that line, so to have someone reach for her was strange. She paused for a moment before returning it, smiling because she felt nice in her arms. When she surmised her like for a cheek kiss, Ivy felt herself blushing as she read the message asking if she could do it again “Why are you so stupidly cute?” she returned, sending the message and shaking her head from amusement “You’ll have to sneak attack me again, those are the rules right?” she grinned playfully, this was easier than she thought it would be.

She smiled slightly as she read her message about planning her life until she was 35 “Oh would you now? So what’s the dream?” Ivy had no idea where her life would be in that amount of time, she was more a take each opportunity as it comes kind of person, you had to be as an actor because you had no idea where a job would take you. There was a moment there as they stared into one another’s eyes that she felt really nervous, because Taealha looked so beautiful and she was so close to her, close enough that she could lean in if she wanted to, perhaps she was even thinking about it up until the moment she heard the flapping of wings and realized there was a bird on hr head. She slowly took a few steps back, she was grinning widely as she handed her phone to Taealha as though to ask her if she could take a photo for her, she spoke out loud her excitement “The only pet I ever had as a kid was my grandfather’s lorikeet which I got to take care of after he died” she smiled softly, she loved that bird a whole lot.

It means a lot to her to have someone who would believe in her. Taealha's always lived in the shadows of her disabilities and the doubts that stemmed from it, it often made her think she wasn't good enough to do anything. Thankfully, she managed to grow out of it with enough motivation, so now she's looking at the people who thought she could do so much more with so much admiration in her eyes. If only they knew how they meant to her. A giggle escaped her when Ivy said she'd never been on any official date before, which in a way, was something she could relate to, "I hardly count my days in university as dating, honestly. I always have this imagination that dates were supposed to be something you're nervous about. Like what to wear to impress them? What would you do if they compliment you and you end up being a big blushing mess? Plan B if outdoor activities weren't allowed and all that...  This is the first time I've felt so nervous and it wasn't related to my monthly evaluation at the lab... "

What if Ivy didn't like her the way Taealha likes her? For a brief moment, she thought she was crossing the line by hugging Ivy but the female later returned it, leaving the human to refrain herself from jumping on sight due to the excitement that was coursing through her veins. Oh, this is so fun. "I've been told that I am quite cute, don't you think?" she teased and puckered her lips playfully, hey if she was wearing her brand new lip gloss today, she may as well show it off. "Ah… a sneak attack. Fine, I can do with that. So long as we promise each other we won't have a sudden heart attack when the other does it" Perhaps, she was thinking about another spot that wasn't the cheek. At the mere thought of it, Taealha shook her head in disbelief, did she really just thought about that? Gosh, Taealha, stay in your lane, she muttered. 

When asked what she would've planned up to her mid thirties, she beamed in delight, "I picture myself being married already, I want to be a wife. I would've pictured myself being promoted to a higher rank and position so I can get my hands on more things for my work. All the endless resources, it's a heaven for a nerd like me. I would like to think I found my person by then" And quite possibly spend the rest of life with them. They were so close in proximity, all it takes was one to lean in and their lips would lock on each other but Taealha could only focus on her eyes that had successfully captivated her in a lock. She wondered, what would happen if she leaned in? Before she could even dare to venture further into the idea, the parrot that perched itself on top of Ivy made her stifle her laughter as she covered one hand over her mouth and took the phone, ready to take a picture of this iconic moment. The redhead snapped a few pictures from different angles and would give her gestures to pose. By the time she returned her phone, Taealha was already typing, "What's a lorikeet?"

Ivy glanced over at her as she read her messages about her experiences in university, the Initia was sure she must have been popular with men because she was simply stunning, there was no other way to describe it, but when she said this was the first date she had actually felt nervous for and like she wanted to impress her date, Ivy smiled somewhat bashfully “I’m not sure what we even have to be nervous about” she responded and laughed under her breath, after all, they already knew the attraction was there between them from the night they met. Perhaps it was simply because they both wanted it to go well so badly that it might actually be the reason it doesn’t “What sort of dates have you been on before?” she was curious to know where others might have taken her or guessed what she would like, Ivy liked to think she had hit the mark with this particular location.

The hug had been surprising for her, in fact, having someone who wanted to be affectionate and touchy with her was really new and she was still adjusting to how it felt, not that she was complaining because it was a nice feeling, just a little foreign. “You definitely have a sweet demeanor to you” she responded when she said she looked cute, from the way she dressed to how she presented herself she would say cute fitted but wasn’t the only thing she would use to describe her “But not in a childish way, you give me a very mature vibe too” she laughed softly, perhaps that wasn’t a good way to compliment someone but it was true “I mean I’m not sure I can promise not to be surprised but” she laughed continuing the message “I can promise I will do my best to control it” she enjoyed this playfulness and testing the boundaries between them.

She had to admit she was a little shocked when Taealha actually came back and listed the things she wanted to achieve by the time she was 35, though none of those things surprised Ivy, Taealha seemed like the ambitious and caring person and so settling down and excelling in her career seemed like smart choices “Your person” Ivy added the puppy dog eyes emoji to the end of her message because that was a really cute way to express that she hoped to find the person to spend her life with. Ivy didn’t really have anything to compare to when it came to dates, but she thought this was going well, at least, she was enjoying herself and that counted for something right? She posted a little for the photos but did her best not to move too much as to scare the bird away but after a while it flew off and she smiled brightly “It’s a kind of parrot that looks like a rainbow” she Googled a picture of one and then sent it back to her “Her name was Kiki and she was a very sweet bird, my grandpa taught her to talk” she laughed slightly “How’s your cat?” she remembered Taealha sending dozens of pictures of her before.

When she thought about her own experiences back in university while she was still just a student trying to study her best so she could keep the scholarship, she wondered what Ivy's university life was like. "You know… I do wonder what your life as a student was like, are you wild or are you the one peering from the safe zone?" It was her impulsive texting and before Taealha could even digest what she was asking, she had already hit send. Oh well, what's done is done, right? "I'm always nervous around you" she admitted, being around Ivy, it always makes her heart thumping faster than it usually does, it often filled her with the sense of dread and worry; what if she said something stupid? "But then again, I think it's warranted… because I'm around someone I really like." They didn't shy away from admitting their attraction to one another, it was clear that the two of them had some feelings. And Taealha knew, she likes Ivy. A lot. 

When she was asked what sort of dates she's been on before, the human cleared her throat shyly and began typing, "Just some coffee dates and movie ones. They're very cliche…" Nothing she could particularly plant as memorable, not like this one that she was already capturing in her mind. If only the hug could've lasted longer, she certainly would've taken her time to pull away from the embrace, maybe next time, she reassured herself. There will be a next time, right? Things seemed to be moving good now, after all. "Ah, are you calling me cute and sweet, Ivy? You're a big flirt, you know that?" she huffed wryly and nudged her, gosh, it was hard not to blush when the Initia was being like that. It was even harder for Taealha to keep hiding this ever-growing attraction and admiration she held for the other female. Sneaking cheek kisses in the future, doesn't sound far-fetched for her. The kiss they shared earlier was nice too, even if they were on her lips. Perhaps, a part of her wished the next time could be on her lips. Maybe just a little. 

At first, she was worried that she was being overwhelming because she came off too forward, but when she saw how Ivy took it, a smile soon crept up to her rose shined lips, "Yes, my person" she nodded and laughed at the puppy eyes emoji. Honestly, she would like to think that she's found that potential someone, she's standing right in front of her but Taealha didn't want to jump on her like this. She wanted to know if Ivy felt the same way too. The picture of a lorikeet made her gawk, they were pretty and looked majestic. "It must be fun having your pet talk to you, Leo always meowed as if she understood what I was saying when I let out grunts but I don't think that cat is all that intelligent. You know, I think she'd like you… you should come over later and test that theory."

Ivy sucked in a breath when Taealha wondered what her study life was and she averted her gaze for a moment, she tried to avoid the topic of work a lot because honestly, she didn’t want the knowledge she was famous to change the way Taealha saw her or treated her “Truthfully I didn’t go to college” she responded and shrugged her shoulders slightly “You can put me in the box of one of those crazy people who moved to a new city with the hope of finding work, only to end up being a cocktail waitress for most of it” she bit her lip softly, would Taealha see her differently for choosing not to continue her study. Ivy smiled sheepishly when Taealha said she was nervous around her and that she liked her “It’s kinda scary to me how easily you can say how you feel” she responded and nodded slightly.

She pressed her lips together when she said they had taken her to get coffee or watch a movie “Were the movies good at least?” she laughed softly as she sent the message, Ivy loved movies, she was the kind of person who would go to the movies alone just because there was a film she really wanted to see. Though she always had to wear a hoodie and hide her face so that she didn’t get recognized. “I remember seeing that some movie theatres were changing to you could lounge on couches, I feel like that would be a worthy date” she grinned slightly, it wasn’t all bad right? She glanced up at her when she asked her if she knew she was a big flirt “I have no idea how to flirt, this is all just me...being me” she chuckled in an amused fashion, well at least this meant she was doing okay it she supposed.

Ivy found Taealha especially cute with the way she talked about her future and how she seemed to love romance and the idea of love. Ivy never saw herself as the sappy type like that, she definitely wasn’t the type who would be expecting someone to bring her flowers or take her on the more extravagant dates. If they could make her laugh and just talk to her about anything then that was more than enough. “I mean the birds just mimic what you tell them, my grandpa taught mine to swear and you can imagine the chaos that caused” she laughed as she hit send on the message “Well that seems hardly fair on her, I’m sure she’s smart in her own ways” she laughed as she continued walking through the aviary “Later?” she responded to her message wondering if that invitation was serius, her eyes looked upwards and seeing all the birds flying above them, a hummingbird came in close to them and Ivy smiled pointing it out “I think that one likes you” she commented softly as she pushed Taealha closer to see if it would come land on her

Even though they've been in contact for a while, it occurred to her that she didn't know anything aside from the person Ivy was, she wasn't sure what she was working as, all she knew was that this woman was charming. She knew her favorite quirks but nothing regarding her professional life at all, which made her wonder if the other female was trying not to talk about it. When she found out that Ivy didn't go to college after finishing school, her eyes lit up in awe, "I think people who tried to break our of that bubble is brave. I've always thought about how it would be like to just go somewhere and start working. But I've never been that brave enough to actually try and I hardly think I could get where I am today without squeezing the juice out of my head" she murmured sheepishly, logically speaking, Taealha wouldn't be working in the lab if she wasn't studying well enough in her course either. "Did you get a lot of experience while working? It must've been refreshing… even if it may not be as easy." 

She could relate, financial problems were frequent to the orphanage that was operating solely because of the owner, she only ever got through university because of her scholarship. Which meant she couldn't slack. "Believe me, it depends on the people. I don't always say things out loud if I'm not… confident enough to say them." Even though the Initia made her nervous more times than she could count, she also felt as ease being around her. It was as if she didn't have to remember anything that makes her any less than the person Ivy saw her to be. When asked if the movies were good, Taealha nodded, "I enjoyed the movies, the dates? Not so much…" It was no wonder she didn't try to waste any more of her time to go on casuals dates afterwards. This was her first in a while. "I think I would prefer snuggling up to my partner back home while watching a movie together, but the cinema works too. At least I get to dress up and impress them, right?"

Taealha prefers spending her time comfortably, and it meant searching for personal spaces between them. She wasn't exactly the fancy girl who was fixated on grandeur gestures. "Then you'll be surprised to know that I'm flustered half the time because of how good you are at it, are you sure this is your first time on a date, Ivy?" she nudged her side teasingly. It sure doesn't seem like it. Her eyes grew wide when the Initia told her that the bird swore, "I think my cat would be the one scolding me if I ever taught her to swear." Leo was already a sassy one. She hummed gently in affirmation, if things go well then Ivy had no reason to shy away from coming over to see her cat, right? The sight of a hummingbird landing nearby and the push from Ivy made Taealha take a few steps nearer while holding out her hand, only for the bird told land on her left shoulder instead. She was trying so hard to contain the excitement by covering her mouth, the look she spared the hummingbird was truly one of fascination. 

She laughed under her breath “Yeah...my mom didn’t think like that, she told me I’d be on my own so” she shrugged slightly, it wasn’t necessarily a bad thing that she had taken that decision because it forced Ivy to work harder for what she wanted, she pushed herself to work more shifts and provide for herself so she could afford to go to auditions “it’s a lot of work but I guess you could say it’s rewarding too, you can learn a lot from the people around you and I met someone from the film industry who saw something in me I guess” she smiled softly “I always loved movies so getting the chance to work behind the scenes and see how it all worked was exciting to me” she had worked on sets for a long time, serving the food, observing people and that had eventually given her the window in she needed. “Working as a cocktail waitress sucked though, male customers who are drunk, suck” she sighed under her breath.

Ivy took it as a compliment that Taealha felt comfortable enough to feel confident around her and say the things she wanted to, Ivy sometimes worried that her natural persona might be hard for people to be around, she could be hard to approach and sometimes hard to make happy but Taealha seemed to do it with ease. It was interesting to hear about the other girl’s previous dating experience because Ivy had none, by her own choice mostly but she was basically in two boats, the first were people who didn’t know that she had zero interest in men and ended up rejecting, the second was people who had met her through the industry which caused the paranoid part of her to think they only liked her because of who she was and the money she had. “That bad huh?” she responded and wrinkled her nose “I love movies but I’m definitely the type who can’t stand being interrupted while watching them...so someone munching on popcorn three rows in front drives me nuts” so she tended to wait and watch at home.

Ivy raised her brow when Taealha said she thought she was extremely good at flirting and she smiled sheepishly “Beginner’s luck maybe?” she responded and laughed under her breath, it really was her first time on a real date though, she’d had coffee with people before but none of those were specified as dates, mostly it was just a friendly chat and a drink before they were on their way. This was the first time she’d met up with someone for a date and it was certainly the first time she had felt this nervous about spending time with someone. “I’m not sure what your cat would do with swear word knowledge” she responded with a puzzled emoji and shook her head slightly. Her expression softened as she watched the way the hummingbird delicately interacted with Taealha, she took out her phone to take a few photos of her looking over her shoulder at it. They came out beautifully though Ivy found herself staring at the girl rather than the bird in the photo “I swear you’re a creature magnet” she spoke softly as she crept closer.

Taealha couldn't help but frown slightly when Ivy told her that her mother had practically abandoned her and left her on her own just like that, "That sounds awful… why wouldn't she be supporting you? Shouldn't she be doing that? I mean… you're her daughter" What kind of a mother would do that for her own child? Taealha would say she knows exactly how it feels like to be abandoned but her parents passed away in a tragic accident, it wasn't their fault that she was left like this. Nor was it in their control to do better by her side. Or maybe that's just how she would like to remind herself that's what they would've done. A white lie wouldn't hurt anybody, anyway. "You're very talented, I mean… I don't know a lot about the entertainment industry, much less the movie making thing but you have quite the expressive face, Ivy. Your facial expressions are always on point" Taealha would always get a gist of what she was implying before she could even finish reading her messages.

The human pulled a disgusted look when she talked about drunk male customers, "I can imagine it wasn't pleasant. I've never been a waitress before but I was a university student. I've had my fair share of jocks. They are… relentless" she could feel herself grimacing because while her experience as a student had been pretty satisfying overall, there were definitely some stories. The Initia had this intimidating aura to her, even her posture screamed regality but all Taealha could find herself feeling was comfort. Ivy never judged her and was actually quite attentive to her, it was hard to find someone like that. It was hard to find someone that is Ivy. "So if we were to watch movies, we either need to get those couple seats at the back so we trained uninterrupted or we could just stay indoors and find a way to watch whatever movie we want?" Was she being flirtatious? Perhaps. 

But Taealha being Taealha knew what she was getting at, she's confident enough to get up into Ivy's space and tell her she fancies her. The only problem is that she wasn't sure if the other female felt the same way about her. "I think I gave up trying to date guys ever since, they don't interest me as much these days... " Not the way Ivy does. But of course, how could she say that out loud? "If this is your beginner's luck as you put it, then I'm jealous of whoever caught your eye in the future. They must be very lucky" Indeed. So lucky even she was tempted to be the one occupying the spot. "My cat would probably never let me live it down when it finally found a way to swear at me... " she chuckled, Leo is a lovable little fluff and she's never actually gotten mad at her. She was excited to see the photos of her and a hummingbird but only found herself staring at Ivy instead of the screen when she said that, has she ever said how much she loves those green hues? "I like to think I attract the best people…" 

RSS

© 2024   Created by ✓ Ophelia Dreyvalian ~Admin~.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service