Run away pup in the park (Sapphire Rizzoli and Dominic Howlett only) ~COMPLETE~

It was a nice day in September when Sapphire walked around the city, just to get some air and let Nala out for a walk. Wearing a dark blue shirt with a white collar along with a yellow rain coat, in case it rained with her black boots and black skinny jeans. Her blue eyes looked around as she took in a deep breath as she could feel that fall was coming and it made her happy. A small bark got her attention, Sapphire looked down at the black pug and giggled as she spoke, “Don’t worry I will take you to the park.” She said as she continued to walk towards the park.

The wind picked up a little bit causing her stop and pull her coat closer as she giggled and walked into the park. Sapphire walked along the sidewalk as she looked around at the few people in the park. With her attention occupied, Sapphire didn’t notice that Nala’s leash slipped from her fingers until she heard barking. “Nala!” She shouted as she ran after Nala. “Nala come back here.” She shouted as she ran after her.  Her blue eyes kept staring at the black fur that she ran after before she skidded to a stop.

Nala had stopped in front of a tall and handsome man and sat in front of him with her tail wagging. Sapphire looked at her pup before looking at the man as she walked up to him and blushed a little as she rubbed her neck as she grabbed Nala’s leash. “Sorry about that, I wasn’t paying attention and let the leash slip.” Sapphire said softly as she looked at the man. “Um I am Sapphire Rizzoli.” She said as she held out her hand with a small smile. “I actually never seen Nala do that to anybody.” She said to him as she looked at Nala as she nudged him with her paw to pet her.

Views: 518

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Dominic wasn't surprised to hear the confirmation that she indeed, wasn't human. He honestly couldn't really place her scent to any other he'd known before and his curiosity was peaking. He'd run into a lot of Therians, Vampires, and Diviners. They were a lot more common. Then of course there were the Ailwards he was meant to keep safe. They were only a handful in the world, all meant to protect their own specific stead. Dominic wondered what it was she may have been as there certainly wasn't any telltale sign he could see.

"Rare, huh?" he said with a smile. "Well, I'm plain old, boring Therian," he chuckled. "Can I ask another personal question?" His eyes met hers. "What rarity are you? I can't seem to place it."

Sapphire glanced at him and smiled as she took off her coat and slid her shirt up alittle to show him the wings tattoo on her back. "I am a Phoenix." She said as she didnt mind telling him since he told her what he was. "There really isnt many left in the city, maybe like 4 or 5 left that are in the Guard including me." Sapphire said as she put her shirt down and put her coat back on. "So if you dont mind me asking, what kind of Therian are you? Because I have a friend who is a Ailuranthrope." She asked as she smiled at him.

"Its ok if you dont want to tell me. " She said as she didnt want to be too pushy about asking him questions. Sapphire looked at him and smiled as she waited for an answer. Her thoughts soon took over her mind as she was just talking about her friend but wondered how she was since she hasnt really talked much to her.

Dominic was taken aback as she removed her coat and then began pushing her shirt up. Usually this began after a few drinks at the bar, but then he noticed the wings on her back. 'Phoenix.' He hadn't ever met one before and was somewhat surprised when it was finally revealed to him. They were certainly a rarity like she had said and he knew a handful of them had joined the Guard. This was the first one he'd ever met, from the Guard or not. "It's beautiful," he replied as she put her jacket back on. "I have a lot myself, but nothing that was given to me through genetics," he joked.

"And I don't mind telling you," Dominic replied, which he really didn't. It was open news for any Guard to know and something that could be easily found out. "I'm a Lycan. No pack, obviously, because of the Guard. Haven't been part of one for a very, very, very long time..." he said as his thoughts drifted off to the past again. "What happened with the Phoenixes, exactly, and what made the rest come to the Guard?" 

Sapphire looked at him and smiled softly. "Thanks." She said as she listened to him. "Hmm that must be cool to be a Lycan." She said as she looked at him. "Well just think the Guard is kinda like a pack but we all work together instead of having a alpha." Sapphire said as she smiled and looked at him. Sapphire sighed softly as she looked at him. "Well lets just say that Evermore needed something new and decided to take a faction away and gave them a choice to either join the Guard or just be gone." Sapphire said as she looked at him.

"Its hard to explain it but that was the best to explain it." Sapphire said as she scratched Nala's ears before she looked at him. "So were you bitten or born a lycan?" She asked as she was curious about how he became a Lycan. "I think you and my friend Kiera would get along since she hasnt been part of a pack or whatever you call a pack of cats." She said as she looked at him with a smile.

Dominic nodded as he listened to her. He had heard some rumors about what had happened with the seemingly ghosted species that were the Phoenixes, but it seemed it was still somewhat of a mystery to him. He wondered if someone, namely the Ambassadors, had something to do with the disappearance of their faction, but it wasn't necessarily his place to poke around. If the Ailwards felt they were meant to be trusted, then so be it. It wasn't his place to say if they were or weren't. 

"Well, we could always use more people on the Guard," he told her. "There's always something to do when it comes to the Ailwards. Always something they need us for. Keeps me out of trouble." He chuckled and folded his arms over his chest as she asked him about his heritage. 

A small smile spread over his face while he looked out across the park at the people walking by. "Homegrown," Dominic replied. "My family has a very, very, very long line of Therians. Our ancestors go back in one of the longest lines of Lycans and Native Americans in Washington state." He sighed and looked back over at her. "They were my pack. When things... changed... I became a Guard and tend to avoid other Therians. Sometimes it can be a little messy when you aren't part of one. The lone wolf tends to get badgered, but I think most of them know to avoid me. I kind of have a reputation and frankly, I'm okay with that." And he was. Smart people knew to leave the 6'5" Lycan alone, but then there were others who needed to be taught to leave the 6'5" Lycan alone.

"What about you? I don't really know that much about how a Phoenix comes to be." Dominic leaned forward on his knees as he asked her. "Are you born again from the ashes infinitely like the fables say?" He was half joking, but was intrigued to hear the answer. 

"Yea, there is a alot to do when it comes to the Ailwards including the hyper ones. " She said jokingly as she looked at him. Sapphire smiled as she listened to him about his heritage. Nala jumped up into Sapphire's lap as she listened to Dominic. "I see, I would have to agree on the smart people but some people just want to get to know the 6'5" Lycan and maybe become friends. I will tell you this, my friend Kiera is kinda like you but her past is a mess and very dark. " Sapphire said as she looked at him. When he asked about her heritage, Sapphire smiled. "I am homegrown too. My family came from a long line of Phoenixes. My father told me about my ancestors about how they were mostly from Italy and Rome. I did find out that my great great grandmother on my mother side created wine." She said as she looked at him. 

Sapphire chuckled abit as she looked at him. "Well kind of. When we die, we burst into flames and turn into ash before we are reborn in a new face and everything. But there is a limit on rebirths you can have, and I have already spent one rebirth already." Sapphire said as she looked at him with a smile. "Phoenixes can also go dark so their wings will be in the shape of a predator bird while others are a different shape like a dove or something pure." Sapphire said as she looked at him. "They also have different colored wings like gold, pink, and etc." She said as Sapphire scratched Nala's ears. 

Dominic always found it intriguing the way Phoenixes could be reborn again. He only knew bits and pieces about the process of rebirth, but he did know more about the different wings each could have. The Ailwards wanted the Guards to make sure each of them had a decent understanding of the other species so they would know what they could possibly encounter on any missions they would take on. 

"Gotta say, that is seriously trippy," he said with a sigh in his thoughtfulness. "Dying and being reborn again into someone totally new and different. Looking in a mirror and not recognizing the reflection looking back at you." Dominic smiled and looked over at her. "Though, I guess you do have a chance at a fresh start. Disappear from an old life and possibly start all over again. I can imagine how that would be appealing. Who hasn't thought of wanting to start over again? I know I have more than a few times and hell, I did when I started the Guard." His mind went back to when he stood at the barrier to the Isle of Sky, knowing a new life would be laid out in front of him if he could just pass through. "If you don't mind me asking, what caused your first rebirth?"

Sapphire smiled and chuckled alittle. "It is kinda trippy when you hear about it." She said as she looked at him. "Yea I kinda did have  a chance of a fresh start." Sapphire said as she looked down at Nala and petted her head. "Alot of people have thought about starting over but never get the chance to." She said as she heard him talking about how he wanted to have that chance a few times. Her blue eyes looked at him as she then smiled softly as he said about the Guard. Sapphire then looked down when he asked about her rebirth. 

"Well I was 18 when I had my first rebirth, I was in a car accident with my family on my birthday." She said as she looked at him. "We were heading to Rome to the Theater to watch a play I have always wanted to see. Well a drunk driver hit my parents car head on, killing my parents in the process as I was reborn as a different person and was left with bruises and scratches. The driver was sentenced life in prison for driving under the influence and murder." Sapphire said as she smiled softly as she looked at him. "After that I moved here and got my wings." She said as Sapphire looked at Nala.

Dominic nodded slowly as she explained and looked at the ground. Drunk driver. He knew how that ended all too well. "Sorry to hear. I actually know what that's like, unfortunately." It was a commonality he wished they didn't share. "Turned my whole life upside down for a long time. Did some things I'm not too proud of." His mind wandered to his past and the vagabond lifestyle he'd fallen into for more time than he cared to think about. A silent moment passed between them and Dom snapped back out of it. "Good to hear the scumbag got life in prison." 

He looked across the park and saw his favorite food truck was parked where it normally was with a line for good reason. "Care for some high calorie sweets?" Nodding over across the way, he looked down at his watch and saw he had about fifteen minutes left before he needed to head back to work. "They have the best ice cream and desserts and I usually grab one before heading back to the garage. In fact, I better bring some back for the guys cause I always get yelled at for not bringing anything back for them." Dominic looked down at Nala and rubbed her ears roughly. "Bet this one could go for some. They have dog sweets too since this place is big for pets."

Sapphire listened to him and smiled softly as she nodded. "Yea me too." She said before glancing around the park before looking at Nala. She turned her head to him as he asked a question, "Sure I would love high calorie sweets." She said with a giggle as she listened to him talk about the guys at the garage. Nala let out a bark when he walked about dog sweets causing Sapphire to giggle. "Well then lets go get the guys some sweets along with getting Nala something since she sounds like she is excited for it." Sapphire said as she looked at Dominic. Sapphire put Nala's leash on her harness she had on before standing up. "Plus its been a while since I had sweets. Normally I would just skip sweets when I am walking around since I am mostly working on video game ideas or on Guard stuff." Sapphire said as she looked at him.

The blue-eyed Phoenix looked around at the park once more as she took in a deep breath. "I hope they have pumpkin dog treats, I heard the pumpkin is really good for dogs." Sapphire said as she turned to him and smiled. " Its kinda a source of fiber for them." she said as she smiled at him. Nala jumped up in excitement as she could smell the sweets from far away. "Nala calm down we will get you some treats." Sapphire said as she looked at the pug before scratching behind her ears.

Dominic and Sapphire stood in line at the truck as the crowd began to thin and people were getting their orders. "Sweets are an important part of any game designer's diet. I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere," he joked as they finally were next in line. He looked at the long list of treats and decided it was impossible to decide what each guy at the garage was going to want. Dominic nodded to the owner of the truck who knew him by face since he gave the family lots of business. "Hey, man. Just give me ten of whatever. The boys can fight over the food when I get back to work." Nodding to the deep fried oreos, Dom pulled out his wallet. "You already know what I want."

He looked back at Sapphire to see if she had chosen something yet from the menu. "I, of course, highly recommend the deep fried oreos or funnel cake with chocolate syrup and whipped cream. They will literally deep fry anything at this place and it will taste amazing. I have yet to try the deep friend snickers bar." Dominic chuckled and pointed to the small menu of dog treats. "Looks like they have some type of pumpkin sweet after all for Nala." He bent down and patted her back with his large hand. "It's your lucky day. Chinese food and dessert for free."

Sapphire smiled as she stood in line with him. She looked at him before she chuckled a bit at his joke. "Yea that is totally true." She joked back as she looked at the list as she listened to Dominic order. Sapphire smiled as she looked at Dominic before looking at Nala. "Yea it is." She said as she the looked at the owner. "I would like the deep fried snickers bar and a couple of the pumpkin dog treats." She said with a smile. Sapphire then looked at Dominic as she smiled. "I have had deep fried snickers before at a festival." She said as she smiled and pulled out her wallet to pay for her things. 

Her blue eyes looked at Nala before smiling at her as she then looked back at Dominic. " I guess the boys will be happy that you brought them some treats to work." She said as she giggled. She smiled and handed the owner money for what she ordered before she then looked back at Nala with a smile. 

RSS

© 2024   Created by ✓ Ophelia Dreyvalian ~Admin~.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service