The weather had decided to take a turn for the worst in Evermore city, the temperature dropped every day and people having to wear more and more layers to brave the cold outside as the winter took it's grip over everything. Argent wasn't the biggest fan of the cold and so she found herself dressed in a sweater and jeans with extra socks on as she wandered through the halls of the Ailward mansion. For the most part the place was pretty empty with many guards having been sent off on missions or spending their time shopping for the holidays. Argent was starting to realize she needed to get out more having spent the past 5 days cooped up in the mansion avoiding the cold and rain outside.

Today however wouldn't be the day she broke her streak as she wandered into one of the many different storage rooms in the manor. Argent enjoyed exploring all of the different things people kept in these rooms, especially because it felt like the inventory changed every day, guards and aspects alike dropping off the different things that took up too much space in their rooms or they no longer had any need for. It was in here that she had found her first book on mixology and many other inspirations for new hobbies and ways to while the hours away.

She was distracted as she moved through the different shelves moving things around to see if anything of interest stood out to her. There were many different boxes lined up on one of them, all different shapes, sizes and colors that fascinated, she started to open each one curious to see what was inside. In one she found some antique looking jewelry that she was pretty sure one of her sisters would have left. Argent however heard the sound of the door open as she opened the final box on the shelf and a bright cloud of smoke started escaping from the now opened container.

Without giving her so much as time to run or really react Argent felt the smoke fill up her lungs causing her to erupt in a loud fit of coughing, the smoke felt like it burned in her lungs and she was busy panicking internally in her mind as she wondered what magic she had just unleashed from this particular box but she didn't have long to process it as she felt her body start to shut down around her and her knees gave out from under her. She reached out to grab onto one of the shelves as she fell trying to keep herself from hitting her head as she felt herself give over to the darkness that seemed to be surrounding her from all directions. 

Views: 1395

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dom closed his eyes and mentally pushed the swirling feeling he was having in his body away as much as he could. God, he fucking hated magic. His father had always warned him to stay away from those that could do magic, especially the ones that could have some type of control over you. He could hear the man's voice echoing in his head with the words of caution and that therianthropes would always have that disadvantage when it came to dealing with the magic users of the supernatural world. Dominic of course understood why his old man was hesitant of other species, but it also didn't mean he could just shun people away. Cautionary words to live by, but never an absolute. After all, he was part of a faction that helped to protect some of the most powerful beings in the world; one currently sitting next to him in somewhat of a lesser form. 

He listened to her words of reassurance on Malva's character. Dominic couldn't help but notice she was also hesitant on how sure she was about her sister's intentions. It seemed like Argent was almost trying to convince herself on Malva's character. Desperation made people do things outside of their norm and Dom wasn't sure just how desperate the Aspect of magic might be after losing what he could only imagine was part of what made her whole. He would do anything to help her or any of the aspects, but that line of thinking had also caused one of the most regrettable things he'd ever done in his life after the fall of the isle and many lives lost. It was a learning curve he supposed and knowing when to put his foot down despite being a guard was new for him when normally he would've taken an assignment and gone through with it without question. He was the definition of a good soldier. Dominic owed the Ailwards his new life and he just wanted to prove to them that he would be forever grateful.

Argent's sudden whisper of his name made him open his eyes slowly with a grimace, looking over. The blood began to slowly trickle down her nose, catching into the facial hair that lined his usual face. "Shit." The car lurched forward faster and it was then Dominic really started to worry. He absolutely hated this useless feeling, especially when it was him that was supposed to be protecting her when everything was going to hell. Now he was at the mercy of whatever this magic was that had flowed from the box and maybe even making it worse after touching the scepter which seemed to have progressed the deteriorating state he was in. 

As the car came to a halting stop, Dom weakly pushed open the passenger door and stepped out. The feebleness in his body was more than he expected as he stumbled forward and fell to his knees near the steps of the manor. Looking up towards the entrance, the staircase seemed to go on forever and his vision was becoming blurry with specs of color dotting the world. "This.. is a very bad trip," he joked, clutching his stomach and attempting to pull himself to his feet, but failing miserably as his legs went out from under him. As much as he fought against the pull of unconsciousness, Dominic knew he was not going to win. The last thing he remembered was seeing the front door open and a couple of people hurrying down the steps, but he couldn't make out who. There were strong arms lifting him then and with that his head lolled back and he let the blackness overcome.

To say she was worried was an understatement, she knew that this whole body-switching thing was bad from the start, there was a sense of unfamiliarity she could feel which told her that this wasn’t supposed to happen. Frankly, she wasn’t even sure why there was something inside the vault which was able to do such a thing. “I don’t normally cuss but yeah...shit” she responded to his words. She wasn’t exactly someone who would do well in fast and furious but something seemed to come over her and all she could do was rush to get them to the manor. Before her body started shutting down and they couldn’t reach out for help from the guards at all. She felt like she wanted to panic but the rational part of her brain knew that wouldn’t help their situation.

The moment they arrived she undid her seatbelt and climbed out of the car, she called out for help immediately “I need someone to find Malva or Damien right away, tell them it’s an emergency” they saw the state of Dom, who they would assume was Argent and almost immediately ran off to try and find help. She had to hope her hunch about Mal was right, that she would come home. She had always been there for Argent, she never let her down so she wasn’t going to doubt her this time and though she had a dozen questions for her later on, right now all she needed was her older sister to fix this.

She rushed over to Dom when she saw him collapse though she wasn’t fast enough to stop him for falling she reached out her arms to support him as he joked about this being a bad trip “Yeah no kidding” she spoke softly, doing her best not to show the panic in her voice. She didn’t hesitate in putting her arms under him to lift him from the steps and carried him up towards the crowd of panicking people who were approaching. Her own state wasn’t much better, her head felt this pressure inside of it which honestly felt like it was going to explode from the inside out. “Help him” she murmured between her consciousness trying to fade.

Malva was doing what she does best, isolating herself away from the reins of the world where nobody could bother her if she didn’t want them to. That’s why she kept herself silent and led a rather low-profiled gesture this time where she diverted all her attention to the greenhouse that was co-owned by both her and her youngest brother, Virindeus. The two practically had a fighting custody over it and settled to share together because they needed it as much as the other does. She had set her foot inside and entered the greenhouse and closed the door behind her since yesterday. The Aspect of Magic has been locking herself in ever since. It wasn’t like she was trying to run away from the world, not… really. What Mal was just trying to do was close herself away from civilization for a brief while so she could mediate herself in a natural plane, ever since she learned that she has been having problems with her magic, she tried to reconnect with it and this was one of the best ways to do so. 

The only other being accompanying her in the spacious greenhouse was her white ragdoll cat, Seraphire, who was currently sleeping on the bench not far from where she was sitting cross-legged on the floor with her spell journal laid open next to her.She could feel her session here draining the energy from her body which was a given, she hasn’t stepped out since yesterday and in a few hours, that would be a good 48 hours, she only had a plate of fruits and water to sustain herself too. As she was leaning against the bench and stroking Seraphire’s fur, she frowned when she felt a thumping sensation traveling all over her body. It was a familiar sense but it hasn’t been bothering her for a while now because her siblings always found a way to manage themselves without having to ask help from the other. Though she knew her siblings could take care of themselves perfectly fine, she still kept an eye out and right now, she’s not feeling any reassurances.

A sudden vibration caught her eye when she fished out her phone from her bag, she just turned it on no more than 2 minutes ago because while she would not have any outside interference, technology can still go past the barrier of her cloaking charm. She couldn’t enact any spell without messing up but her charms and potions are more than enough to make up for that temporary ‘incompetence’. A frown was etched on her face when she saw the countless messages and missed calls, only to pick up the call when a familiar caller ID appeared, “Hello?” Mal didn’t know how long it had been but the next thing she knew, upon hearing what was happening, the Aspect of Magic dashed out of the greenhouse and took off the thimble that she hung in front of the greenhouse to prevent any intrusion before heading inside the manor. There was a commotion, people huddled up by the entrance stairs which made her frown once again as they made way for her. 

The moment she saw the body of her sister and Dom next to each other, with a familiar energy signature emitting from their bodies, she cursed under her breath, “I thought I told them to move the boxes to the warehouse…” she hissed but told them to carry both to her room. Now, Mal doesn’t usually allow people inside her room because it was a very private space for the Ailward Aspect, not to mention all her things were there, one simple mistake could lead to a mishap. One look was all she needed to give everyone else a simple and clear message of get out once they laid both of them on her bed. Mal closed the doors and told them not to enter under any circumstances until she said so, the brunette quickly went to the twin room of hers where she kept her potions and charms alike, taking out a few vials and a mortar and pestle. 

But because it may take a while to mix an antidote up, she decided to dangle one of her many dreamcatchers over them to absorb the dark magic in, “This is not a cure but I’m working on it, though it is enough to get you to stop your bodies from deteriorating” she told them, any other times, she would’ve given them a sleeping potion so they could cope better, but she would like to wait for their consent. “This body can’t handle an Aspect… and this one should not be occupied by another” she pointed towards both before sighing, “Would you like to sleep this off? I wouldn’t recommend it because I won’t be able to wake you up until the effects wear off if anything goes wrong…” She noticed it sounded ominous and bit her lip in apprehension, “Sorry, I mean… it’s better to stay awake.”

Dominic's eyes burned as they opened. He knew he was moving, but it was not of his own volition. In fact, he couldn't feel much of his legs at this point and the will to lift his head up to see what was going on seemed pretty much impossible. The familiar surroundings of the manor were around him as he watched the kitchen pass by, then a sitting room, followed by the grandfather clock he'd bumped into earlier in the day when all of the crazy had only just begun with Argent. Argent.

"Argent!" It took every ounce of him to call her name out and the adrenaline that pumped in him gave him enough strength to lift his head and find some clarity. He forced himself to focus and realized he was being carried by Henri. Dominic wrapped his small fist into the guard's shirt with determination. "Where? Where is she?" The words were strained and barely above a whisper. Before Henri even had the chance to answer, Dom's eyes rolled back and he slipped back into the fading darkness.  

It was the smell of a familiar incense that brought him around once more. "Janna root..." he muttered, opening his eyes and knowing even before doing so he was in Malva's bedroom again. His hazy gaze fell on the aspect of magic and at first he thought he might be hallucinating, but the sound of her voice was rather confirming. "Malva." Dominic groaned. He watched as she placed the dreamcatcher above and it immediately seemed to make him more lucid. The fog that was clouding his thoughts lifted slightly and he realized Argent was lying there next to him which made him sigh out. He reached over weakly and squeezed her newly muscular arm in relief before making himself focus on the other aspect.

"What the hell, Malva? Where have you been?" Dominic didn't even entertain her question at first. "We need to have a serious talk after all of this," he said, gesturing the length of his body with his finger. "I'm going to pretend I didn't hear the if anything goes wrong bit and just say do whatever you need to do to fix this insanity. If staying awake is the better course, that's fine by me." Despite the anger he was feeling towards her, his eyes softened and he took another labored breath after his small outburst. "Just... make sure you at least get Argent back in here safely, alright? The world needs her more than it does me." Dom knew he was the worse for wear between the two and getting her back in her own body was the first priority. Being selfish with his own life was just a bonus at this point, even though he couldn't help but drift to seeing Sio's face in his mind.

The last thing she heard before the darkness set in was her name being yelled out by the sound of her own voice. It was a surreal experience, all of it was, she felt like she could open her eyes soon enough and wake up like it was just a dream. Things like this didn’t actually happen right? It must just be a dream. Perhaps that was all the evidence she needed to know she was delirious from the weakness she was experiencing. The aspect part of her, it was a dragon, it was strong and powerful and this body wasn’t build to hold it,  it felt like being locked in a cage and it was suffocating her slowly.

She didn’t know what was happening of how much time passed, she just remembered trying to escape from the cage but realizing the there was no door to open, like she was caught in the same place with no way out and the walls were slowly caving in. It was strange, experiencing a visualization of herself which didn’t look like the body and face she knew but in a way it made sense, that face, that life, it had died when she had been executed by Midas. This version of her was an aspect, it contained a fighting spirit and a power beyond the realm of a human, or even a therianthrope body. She was jolted out of the visualization when she felt a squeeze against her arm and she let out a spluttered cough and her eyes opened “Mal?” she spoke softly, her eyes immediately falling on her sister through the cloud of smoke.

It took her a while to clear her vision and realize what was happening, you could say she was somewhere in between unconscious and fully conscious, but the voice saying she should stay awake forced her to open her eyes. She looked over at Dom and laughed weakly when he said the world needed her more than him “I’d argue none of us would stand a fighting chance without all of you guards” if she pictured all the things they had been through today, she was almost certain she wouldn’t have made it through any of them without Dom’s help. It made her realize just how equally important the guards were to their cause, it reminded her of a time when 8 people of different species came together to protect the world “Mal’s got this, she’s never let me down before” she assured with a weak smile over towards her sister

When she heard about the conditions both her sister and Dominic was in, the first thing that Mal did was curse out loud as she rushed over to her room, in search of ingredients she needed to make this right. Unfortunately, for things like these, it is not as easy for her to just wish for it to disappear and it’ll do that. Even for the Aspect of Magic, she will need time and resources to make this reverse the effects. Right now, the thing that she was worried most was their bodies deteriorating slowly but surely. They are Aspects, dragons, there has never been another aside from the 8 dragons, and there will never be more at a time, which meant Dom’s therian body could not hold in as a vessel for Argent’s soul. The same could be said for Dom who was trapped inside an Aspect’s vessel. So all she could do at the moment was hang the dreamcatcher above them to absorb the dark magic, enough to slow down the process of their deterioration while Mal searched for a way to reverse it. 

When asked where she had been, the brunette cleared her throat and narrowed her sapphire hues at the Aspect of Light, who was under the possession of none other than Dominic Howlett himself, “I was here all the time, excuse you. Well… not here in my room per se, but here in the residence. The greenhouse. I was doing a bit of meditation and reading, you know I never like people bothering me when I’m trying to do that. So I may have hung a trinket to cloak my presence.” Admittedly, it was her fault but she didn’t think anyone would be searching for her. When the other person stirred, she went straight to Dom’s side, well… Argent’s, “Hey… I’m here. You’re in my room now, probably the most secure fortress in this goddamn manor.” Her attempt to chuckle didn’t go as far because honestly, Mal was worried for her sister. This is her sister she’s talking about. 

Mal spared the guard a scowl when he said that, “I’m offended and mildly insulted that you think I would be choosing on who to save and who to not. Who are you trying to kid, Dom?” she shook her head and returned her gaze to the pestle and mortar she had placed on the table, so far she had the ingredients needed to reverse their effects. “You are so lucky I know what enchantment you walked into… Has nobody ever told you to never open Pandora's box” she muttered under her breath but her eyes softened when she saw just how terrible they looked. “Argent’s right, I’ll make this right, don’t worry… have a little faith in me, okay?” Placing one hand over Argent’s hand, it felt weird because she was holding Dom’s rougher hands but that was her sister inside, “I’ve never let you done… I won’t start now” she whispered. “I am going to need your blood, both of you. Don’t worry, at least you know I won’t hit the wrong vein because I’m doctor” she snarked playfully towards the male and took two syringes from her bag. 

“You guys are not afraid of a little needle, right?” she mused humorously and pursed her lips before she could even attempt to take Argent’s blood first, “And I will also need something of yours. Anything personal that you’ve had all your life or something important to you… It could be anything, just make it significant in both your lives.”

Dominic gave a weak grin listening to the women trying to remain encouraging about the dire situation, despite his words of caution on ensuring Argent's safety. "Hey, don't look at me, Mim. That was Red here who went poking around in the storage room, not me. I was just coming in when I happened upon the crazy which led to me having these lady bits." He shook his head and took a steadying breath, before closing his eyes and smirking. "Why, oh why did I ever let your brother talk me into walking through that barrier." Dom was of course joking. Becoming a part of the Guard was the one thing that turned his life around and without a doubt saved him from a road of destruction, prison, or death.

At the mention of a needle, he opened one eye curiously before sitting up. "Needle? You're taking our blood?" His eyes moved about the instrument with displeasure and he groaned before even processing the rest of her request. He'd rather be in a fist fight than have his blood taken. "That thing looks hardly little." Seeing Malva go to take her sister's blood first gave him more time to prepare himself for the inevitable, so he quickly turned his gaze to anywhere else instead. Diviners and their obsession with blood use in spells. Why couldn't it be chocolate? "I hate magic," he grumbled under his breath, lifting his hips up slightly to pull out the very important item Malva was going to need for the spell.

Dominic's now slender fingers moved about the blade slowly as he sighed. The memories this dagger held was a stretch of over two decades and it seemed like all those moments came flashing through his mind in reverse order. There were times when it had saved his life on more than a few occasions and then there were times when it was used to spill the blood of those that would've done him or someone else harm. However, it wasn't any of that which made the knife important to him; It was the fact that his father had given it to him when he was a teenage boy who was just on the verge of becoming a man. It was a coming of age present and had been passed down through the years in his family, now falling into his hands like the therians before him. It was a day he would never forget spending with his father and for that, it held great importance. 

He cleared his throat quickly and swallowed the lump of emotions that began to grow. The loss of his parents and feelings were not exactly something he was ready to explore right then when this life or death situation was far more important. "Will this work?" Dom held the dagger up towards Malva for approval before his eyes went to Argent with a small and knowing smile. Strange to think that earlier in the day they had just traded two very important items between one another and Dom had a feeling he would know what Argent might choose as hers. "Extensions of ourselves."

She sighed under her breath when Mal said she was going to need blood but she didn’t panic about it because it wouldn’t be the first time she had given blood for some sort of magic, she glanced over to Dom noting that he definitely seemed more bothered by the needle than she was and laughed under her breath “You must have been stabbed and scraped more times than I can count and this is what bothers you?” it didn’t take long until Mal had taken the blood she needed, it hurt a little but no more than the pain she was currently in because she was in the wrong body.

She pondered for a moment before she looked down, well she didn’t have any other possessions on her so it seemed like a no brainer for her to take out her staff, she stared at the small wand-like item for a moment. It honestly did feel like it was a part of her, she couldn’t even recall a time she had been away from it. It was like a part of her that had been extracted and she was able to hold in her hands. There was nothing more important to her because it wasn’t just a weapon, it was kinda like holding her heart and everything she believed in her hands. She smiled back at Dom when she noticed that he had followed the same train of thought as him and took out his dagger. She placed hers into Mal’s hands with a smile which said that she trusted her because she did.

She shifted a little on the spot pressing a hand against her temple as though it could subdue the pain she was feeling in it “Who knew that trying to find something in the storeroom would become this” she sighed in an exasperated manner, today had been incredibly exhausting and she had learned far more about the black market in Evermore than she ever really wanted to. It bothered her knowing that someone out there definitely managed to get their hands on magical items they shouldn’t and it worried her even more wondering what they might do with it. This trip was far from over in that respect. She looked over to Dom and pouted a little “I totally blew your cover today didn’t I?” what a mess she had caused just from a simple opening of a box.

She knew things had been way too good to be true lately. When she set her foot inside the greenhouse and placed the thimble outside to ensure nobody would interrupt her, she didn't think people were out there trying to get a hold of her. Maybe next time she'll pay a mind to actually remember her phone shouldn't be left in silent mode. While she was having a peaceful time inside the glass covered dome, surrounded by nature, Argent and Dominic were scrambling as they tried to search for her. There was a certain sense of guilt inside the Aspect of Magic, that's for sure. "Yeah you're Dom alright" she chuckled under her breath when he called her Mim, that was something the therian guard had been calling her ever since he knew her on a closer basis. "Don't be so dramatic, Hewlett, you know you would never want to miss out on stuff like this" she shot back playfully before shaking her head when she saw the way he paled at the sudden mention of a needle. 

It was hard to believe someone like him would be scared of something so tiny he could probably grip hard enough to break the lead. But she shouldn't judge, right? A knife is just as sharp, anyway. One poke through the wrong vein could really give him another bad side of acupuncture tip too. "It's not much when compared to you bleeding out from fights, Dom. It's not like I'm conducting a blood drive and trying to take a pint" she rolled her eyes and placed a cotton on Argent's body after taking blood from her. Mal knew she couldn't take her time like she usually could, it wasn't the magic but rather it's the aftermath and side effects from an Aspect possessing another body. It's not something she has studied before nor was it something Malva had control over so she was trying her best to speed things up. By the time she received both items from the two of them, she nodded slightly and placed them on the bedside table before heading over to the petite female who was currently housing the therian. 

"It'll work, don't worry… this will just take a while" she murmured softly and inserted the needle into his arm. Before long, it was done, like she had said before. With both syringes on her right palm filled with their blood respectively, and their items on her left, Malta set out to get to work immediately. She brought the bowl down with her as she sat on the floor, spilling the content inside the syringe onto Argent's pendant as she placed them over the bowl and chanted softly to herself. The necklace glowed and the blood she spilled on it was absorbed into it. After she finished the Argent's, she moved quickly to do Dom's. As the clock struck 3, indicating it has been over 10 minutes since she's gotten down to work, Mal got up and placed each item in their hands, "Now close your eyes and hold them as if it's the most important thing to you" which shouldn't be hard since it seems that way. When they did that, Mal resumed her words. It was quick and incoherent, probably due to the mix of Sumerian. "There… done. When you wake up in a few minutes… you should be back in your own bodies, for now… sleep" she murmured and blew something towards them, most likely a sleeping herb.

Dominic chuckled lightly, making a small fist and tapping Argent's thigh as she worried about his lost status among the colorful people down in the black market. "Ah, don't worry. I've got plenty of contacts down there and Frisks will come around as long as I stay away for a bit while he cools down. I'm more worried about Bones harassing me for your number since I.. well, you plan on ghosting him after I may have kinda led him on while being in your body." He definitely wasn't looking forward to the flooding of text messages from the diviner about his very bruised ego after finding out the phone number he'd given as Argent's was bogus.

He grinded his teeth, feeling the pinch of the needle entering his arm and made a slightly sour face at Malva, not caring for her quip. "I'd sooner take a punch to the jaw than have to deal with this," he replied to her, grumbling and watching her work. Dominic raised a brow as she assured them that it would work as if she needed to convince herself more than them. Regardless, there wasn't much that they could do other than trust that the Aspect would of course be the one person who could right this very wrong situation. He'd seen Malva do amazing things over the years and having his life in her capable hands made him worry less as she placed his knife back into his hand with further instruction for the spell. Thankfully, that direction didn't take much effort as he was feeling the wooziness wash over him again.

He laid back on the bed with a final glance to Argent before closing his eyes. It was easy to slip back into the memories of his father giving him the dagger which then bled into the rest of the family echoes that tended to stay behind a wall in his mind. Normally this wall was a fortress that mostly remained impenetrable, but sometimes even that cracked at the right prodding. The sudden smell of the herb Malva had put into the air made him feel incredibly heavy as if he was sinking further into the bed and with the last images of his younger years surrounded by his family at the forefront of his thoughts, he was asleep.

Dominic groaned as he felt the grogginess still lingering over him from having passed out. The sleep had been so deep, it took him more than a few seconds to remember the reason for him being unconscious in the first place. He sat up and rubbed his eyes first to clear his vision, seeing the hazy figure of Malva between the spots and then slid his fingers over the rest of his face, noticing the familiar texture of his beard. That was all it took for him to jump out of the bed which was a big mistake as he stumbled forward into the dresser, still being slightly disoriented while his dagger clattered to the floor.

"Holy shit." The reflection in the mirror over the dresser was one he recognized as his own as his hues began to become more focused and a smile spread over his features. "Holy shit!" Dominic spun around and took Malva's face in his large hands and kissed her cheek before lifting her in a bear hug. "Bless you, Mim." The therian then noticed out of the corner of his eye, the figure in the bed still asleep looking peaceful. "Red?" He lowered Malva and quickly moved to the other side to kneel next to the other Aspect, slowly taking her hand in his, feeling a pit of worry form in his stomach. His thumb brushed gently over her fingers as he willed her to wake. "Come on, Argent. No need for dramatic entrances."

She laughed softly, of all the things she was worried about, it was hurting Dom’s rep as an undercover agent, probably ridiculous but she always cared about the mission they were trying to serve and while she really didn’t like the experience of going to the black market, she knew it was part of how they survived in this city. She coughed when he mentioned how he had promised her number to Bones, pulling a face “Well it’s a good job that I have years of experience dodging people huh” her laugh was dry and weak.

She laid there for a moment, the scent of the herb Mal was using filled the room and took over her senses, before long she found herself feeling heavier, everything becoming more blurry as the magic took hold slowly. Argent had experienced plenty of spells in her time but it still never became that much easier to experience one, she felt exhausted as her consciousness was slipping but she did what she was told and thought of the thing most important to her. The bright view of a sunrise crossing her mind and memories of a younger version of herself just sitting outside with her family and enjoying the experience, she remembered laughing when Cora complained about the brightness and feeling so filled with energy from her element coming to greet her.

The sleep was surprisingly peaceful and she dreamed through most of it, mostly it was nonsensical much like most of her dreams but she slowly began to feel more like herself. She was lying there for a while, just wrapped up in it all, sleeping so deeply that memories of underground auctions and creepy dark diviners slipped away. She must have slept for quite a long time because when she finally came around she could feel a hand placed gently in hers, soft voices talking around her. She grumbled slightly as she stirred, eventually willing her eyes open just enough to take in the room. Her gaze fell on Dom’s and then suddenly the memories of everything that happened today came rushing back.

She naturally lifted a hand to press against her temple and then groaned because it felt like she’d had a ton of bricks thrown over her, she didn’t try to get up though, only slowly move to a reclined seating position and blinked a few times “Well if I’m seeing you then I must no longer be you” she noted with an amused smile coming to her lips “Though you left me with a killer migraine” she complained as she pushed herself to sit all the way up and then watched Mal carefully with a soft smile “Do we need to worry about any lingering side effects?” honestly she was really glad they had found her sister before it was too late, she didn’t exactly rate the experience of being able to smell what everyone had for lunch.

"Aww you know me Howlett, I don't do punches" she teased, Mal didn't get physical as much aside from working out. The purple dragon wished to keep her stamina and energy reserved for magical practice. There were plenty of things she needed to get back on track of, and there seemed to be so little time. Perhaps that wasn't the case but to her, it sure feels like it. Despite all the complaints, Malva still managed to get the things she needed done. Before long, the sleeping herb finally took its toll and the Aspect of Magic returned to her table, collecting every material she used earlier so she could clean the bowl and whatnot. She went to the bathroom to wash her hands and the tools, finding herself sitting on her vanity table's chair with her legs crossed by the time Dom woke up. It wasn't surprising to see him waking up first, she imagined it would take Argent slightly longer because sometimes those memories are good and Mal wouldn't exactly blame her for wanting to stick with that for a while longer. 

Upon witnessing the scene unfold before her eyes, Mal raised her eyebrows inquisitively and scoffed at the therian who just got up and went into his adrenaline kicks, hitting the dresser the first thing when he had control of his two ‘left’ feet. “Nice to see you’re awake and fine” she shook her head in amusement, “I should’ve recorded that,” But before she could say another word further, the therian had already lifted her off the ground and spun her around, leaving the Aspect of Magic to stifle her laugh inside. “Yeah yeah, bless me, people should really go around doing more or that, maybe my magic would be stronger.” Her gaze followed him when he went over to Argent, hands brushing against each other as the two of them waited for the Aspect of Light to come back to the land of the living. Thankfully, Argent woke up soon enough, to the point where even Mal let out a relieved sigh, albeit small but still there. 

While the spell worked, there was no knowing how long Argent would take herself out of it in the dream, most people would want to be left alone in their place of solace. “Be grateful it’s only a slight migraine, sister” she rolled her eyes and scowled playfully before heading over to her twin room where she kept most of her supplies, only to come back out with a small vial of clear colored liquid before handing it over to Argent, “I would offer aspirin or something to kick it off but this should do it better. One shot.” When asked if they should worry about any lingering side effects, Mal shook her head, “Not that I could recall, no, I don’t think so. I mean aside from feeling slightly woozy a few times but you should be fine with a few hours rest.” Now that all is good and done, she felt like a burden has been lifted off her shoulders. It didn’t answer the question she has been meaning to ask though. “Where did you guys go, actually? I assume you have been trying to get a hold of me so you must’ve gone somewhere.” The look on her face indicated that she wasn’t about to settle for crumbs.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by ✓ Ophelia Dreyvalian ~Admin~.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service