It had been three blissful months since that night at the amusement park where Jae had told Hanseol that he loved him for the first time. What followed was a sense of exploration for the two of them as they slowly figured out the foundation of their relationship. Jae really liked being in a relationship, he liked the confidence that it fed into his daily life now and how much inspiration it had given him for his writing. He hadn't really told anyone yet but he had started work on a book of sorts which he was really happy with the progress of. honestly, it was kind of writing itself at this point and that excited him a lot. 

There were still a few things he did struggle with when it came to his relationship though, the first was finding balance in his life between all the things going on, with classes, working on the weekends, hanging out with his friends, of which he had made a few in the time he had been in Evermore, namely Daehyun Stormwind and then making time to spend with Hanseol, he was a very busy person nowadays. He liked that though, it was exciting for him to always have things to look forward to. He enjoyed the mix of things that he and Hanseol did, they tried their best to make it out for dates at least once a week but most of their time together was spent at the house, honestly, Jae was pretty sure at this point he was addicted to Hanseol's cooking, or just addicted to Hanseol in general really.

One thing that really weighed on his mind now was the fact that he hadn't shared any part of this life with his family, it was the reason he couldn't update his relationship status online and why he would always avoid taking calls from home, especially if it was his father. He'd promised Hanseol that this was what he wanted and that he had every intention of telling them, but every time he thought he had the courage to do it, he ended up finding a reason not to. Honestly, he was just scared of losing anyone and he wasn't sure that feeling would ever go away but he did intend on telling them, he was at the place now where he was sure this relationship was good for him, being around Hanseol made him feel like a better person and he really liked caring for someone and having them care for him in return, he didn't give a damn that Hanseol was a man rather than the perfect woman he knew his parents wanted him to meet. 

Jae had finally been busted by his roommates though, which was probably for the best considering he was barely ever at the dorm anymore, only coming back late at night to sleep because he needed to be in class early that day and Hanseol's house wasn't exactly the best location for getting to campus early in the morning. It had kind of becoming a running joke that Jae would never be there in the morning, he was a morning person and he found it really hard to stay in bed once he was awake so when Han woke up, the dhampir was usually gone, though Jae did make a habit of always leaving him little notes and letters to make up for it but he knew that the celestial was probably getting tired of waking up to an empty bed.

These were all the thoughts that Jae had as he stared down at his phone while riding on the subway, changing the music on his phone and waiting for his stop, this was his regular route over to the west of the city to where Hanseol lived, it felt like such second nature to him now that he didn't even need to look up and check the stops as the subway went along its usual route. He was running later than normal because he'd stayed for an extra ad hoc lecture offered by his professor but he'd already let Han know he was going to be late so he didn't have to worry. It had been a good lecture, but by the time he was done, he was buzzing to get out of there and not think about study for the rest of the evening. When the subway stopped at his stop he hopped off the train and started walking the familiar route from the station to the place he kind of considered a second home, at least he had a drawer of things there anyway. 

It was the day before his 22nd birthday, though he hadn't mentioned that to quite literally anyone, he wasn't much for birthdays and always preferred to treat the day as if it was a normal day, most of his friends back home didn't even know when his birthday was because they'd never managed to pry it out of him. Hanseol of course though, had managed to worm the truth out of Jae, he just hoped the other male didn't go too overboard with any celebrations because Jae just wasn't the party type, though neither was the celestial so he didn't feel like he had too much to worry about. He looked up and pulled his headphones out of his ear as he walked up to the door and rang the doorbell. 

It was a bit of a pain that Han always locked the front door but he couldn't question the fallen star's need for security after what happened at the clinic so he always waited patiently for the other male to come and let him in. When the light cracked open and the door swung wide the dhampir smiled brightly as his gaze fell on Hanseol, his star, honestly his whole world. Every time he saw him he still beamed that same way, as though he was looking at his beauty for the first time "Hey there gorgeous" he spoke softly as he leaned in and captured the other male by his clothes and then pressed a warm sweet kiss against his lips. He instantly noticed the amazing smell coming from inside the house and raised his brows "Okay what smells utterly divine" he commented as he stepped inside, his eyes twinkly as he looked over at Han for a moment "Other than you of course" he chuckled nudging the door shut behind him. 

Views: 957

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

He never thought he'd be this guy that's standing before Jae, sure he knew he could be shy and timid in front everyone else because that was just how he originally is, but even with some he felt comfortable with, namely Yeon, the level didn't reach the same with Jae. With the dhampir, Han felt like he could let loose about everything else, there were no worries. Aside from the small tiny bit of secret he's keeping from him, the one regarding the room he locked and how he formed a bond with someone else, quite literally. Throughout the time they've spent together, he witnessed the both of them getting more confident and Jae wasn't kidding when he said he's a different guy once you get to know him, because he is, and the celestial loved every aspect of it. His confidence is so endearing, managing to capture his attention every time with ease.

While his head is filled with sweet nothings about the dhampir, the next words that came out of Jae did, however, cause him to give him a judgemental look. “Walking hazard? Is that what you're calling it?,” he chortled, shaking his head slightly at the thought of calling Jae a walking hazard sounded so absurd. “you truly do have a way with words.” That's one of the other things he really liked about the other male. Jae was always able to spur him into a swing, into a rollercoaster of emotions. All the good ones, no doubt. He had a talent in distracting him so well that all his worries at the workplace usually doesn't travel with him when he got back home, because what would occupy his head and attention afterwards would be him only.

“But for real, babe, don't go setting yourself on fire please. I actually want to bask in your corporeal form instead of your burnt to crisp you” he mumbled, a smile slipping up to him sheepishly. Don't expect good jokes from Hanseol, he's terrible at it. It's a wonder how far he went with the cheesy and sappy remarks with such a humor. That boyish smile the dhampir sent his way got him feeling the butterflies inside him again, successfully causing the celestial to be giddy like it was the first time ever. “I like you hearing it too.” Truthfully, he treated every single thing they did the same way he would treat anything for the first time, hence why he's always so excited when it comes to planning stuff. Like, how he's already prepared gifts for Jae, knowing fully well that he's not gonna get anywhere near to an answer from the brunette if he asked anything regarding tomorrow's event.

Han made sure everything wasn't extravagant, since they both understood the beauty of simplicity. He also knew Jae will wash him with his chiding instead of praises tomorrow if he went overboard with it. It was the first time he would celebrate someone's birthday, he doesn't even celebrate his own, much less other's. So this would once again, be the first. Anyone can see the spark that lit his eyes up if you got him to talk about the gifts he prepared for his boyfriend for his birthday. The planning he went after bothering Yeon that one night, enquiring his Volakiri what to give and what to do. Poor valkyr. Handling Han can be quite a handful sometimes. “I mean, you're not going to let me fall on the floor right?” he asked, his eyes glancing over the hard marble floor warily, and tried to get himself back up properly before any chances of that happening would arise afterwards. Maybe Jae did have a point, he'll be sure to keep a note on that.

Seeing the smile creeping up to Jae did made him feel a lot better, he never wanted to see him without that on his face. Pushing himself closer to the dhampir, he winked teasingly and swiped his tongue over his bottom lip while giving a rather suggestive look towards the dhampir. “Definitely.” What can he say, he's a lovesick fool. But this guy's lovesick fool. He could never get enough of staring into his eyes, the murky mocha hues that he found to be so enticing. He could literally get lost in it if given the chance to waste his schedule for the day. It was quite possibly why Han always found it easier to fall asleep peacefully after staring into them. For a while, at least. But for someone who deals with terrible chronic insomnia, he'll take it. Better than nothing.

“I'll never get tired of drawing this beauty. Who could ever” he murmured softly, one of his fingers trailing his jawline and up to brush his touch towards the brunette's lips unconsciously. Tracing his finger around that area, he turned away before he could end up kissing him right there on the spot. Watching Yeontan barking defensively against Jae made him refrain every thought of laughing, so his sniggers got muffled against his palm. Jae was the perfect match for Yeontan, honestly. Since that Pomeranian doesn't tread lightly with others except him, to see him warming up to his boyfriend was a sweet sight to behold. Who wouldn't want to see their pet getting all mushy with their significant other? Hanseol nibbled on his lip, chewing them unconsciously as he sighed heavily. That was a weak attempt, Jae. But the star wanted to drop this topic as soon as possible so he said nothing and only grinned in response as he promised he would remember to do all of the things stated. “If Yeontan behaves, I might bring home a playmate for a week or so.” With that being said, his optics glazed over the mischievous Pomeranian who's been prancing around.

The sudden peck to his cheeks got him flaming up again, and he struggled to form words once again. “It's a good thing because I won't forget every detail. Like our moments together” he sputtered, the action displayed by Jae earlier still exhibiting a response from him. For the first few minutes, he was busy stuffing himself with the noodles, since the star wasn't kidding when he said he hasn't eaten for the day, until he noticed the burning stare coming from the guy across him. Coughing a few times, he wiped his mouth with a tissue and placed his bowl in the sink. “I agree to an early night. But can't you skip tomorrow..,” he grumbled, waiting until the latter was done with his food before pulling the dhampir with him as he led them back to a very familiar place for them both by now – his bedroom. “you're never here in the morning..” he muttered inaudibly, though with Jae's enhanced senses, he could easily pick up whatever the celestial was saying even if it was as much as a whisper, considering their proximity.

The judgmental look that Han gave him got him an echoed one in return “That’s exactly what I’m calling it” he teased with a shake of his head, remembering when he had gone to an ice skating lesson a few months ago and spent more time flat on the ice than he had on his feet or thinking about all the things he had managed to hurt himself on by accident. When Han said he had a way with words the dhampir chuckled “I think my strange choices of vocabulary is one of my charms” and honestly, he was proud of himself for now being able to come up with them on the spot because he wasn’t a native speaker, his English had already come a long way since he moved here and started in-depth study in the language.

“I definitely don’t have any intentions of repeating that particularly stunt” Jae admitted as he glanced down to his arm, all the hairs had been burnt off that night and it made his arm smell horrible for a few days, not to mention it had hurt too. The sheepish smile from the celestial made the dhampir beam enthusiastically though, he still liked the way Han would get shy or nervous at times. Jae was a lot more comfortable around Han now than he was when they first met but that didn’t mean he didn’t still feel the fluttering in his stomach when he spoke at times, especially when he heard his star say those three words to him. But the star was definitely much better at actions, it always brought a smile to Jae’s lips when he saw the efforts Han would go to, to make him happy and he would always play it off like it was no big deal, even in cases where Jae knew he must have spent hours on it.

The way they showed their affection to one another was simple, Jae wasn’t big for spending a lot of money or accepting having a lot of money spent on him, he believed the same intention and thought went behind a little gift vs a big one. Jae didn’t have a lot of spare money and all of it he did manage to scrape he put into savings because he wanted to be able to have financial freedom from his parents one day. But he would buy Hanseol a cake or a chocolate bar on days where he knew he’d had a long and tiring day, or he’d send him a song that made him think of him that day. Little things but meaningful things. “Of course I’m not going to let you fall” Jae assured as his arms remained encased around the fallen star “Well I mean if you fell then I’d fall with you anyway” he chuckled softly remembering the time when they had ended up on the floor after a flour fight in the kitchen.

It was almost funny to think about the first time the two of them had slept together now because they had been so nervous and awkward and now they rarely got through an entire conversation without some sort of suggestive comment or look. Jae loved the way that Hanseol made him feel and the effect they had on one another though, so he was completely content with the comments and flirtations back and forth now. His eyes trailed over Han’s lip as he purposely wet them and Jae bit down on his own. Han knew full well by now that Jae went mad for that and so he always saved it for the moments he wanted to make a point. Jae swallowed a little and then gave a sultry chuckle “I’ll hold you to it then” he followed up with a knowing smirk.

The way that Han always marveled over the way he looked did wonders for the dhampir’s confidence, his eyes flicked down to the celestial’s fingers as they traced over his lips, curving into a smile as he felt the celestial’s touch against them. Honestly, he always craved that touch, even when he was in class or away from Han he would find himself thinking about kissing him, thinking about how he would rather be lost in his star at that very moment. Perhaps that made him obsessed or whipped and perhaps he didn’t care. Yeontan distracted them both from the moment though and the dhampir laughed, if he had a dollar for every time Yeontan or Byul ruined their moments he’d probably be able to able to pay off his student loans, much to Han’s dismay most of the time. “Asking Yeontan to behave is like asking the sun to be cold you know” he commented glad for the subject change but still a little worried about it all but as usual, Jae didn’t push it.

Jae laughed as Han blushed again in response to the light kiss he pressed against his cheek “I really hope the day doesn’t come where you lose this” Jae teased as he reached his thumb to run gently over the celestial’s red cheeks and then smiled softly, honestly, he just loved the way it made him look and it took the breath out of him every time. “I might forget the little details about what episode we were on whose turn it is to do the dishes” he smirked at that one because he didn’t actually forget he just pretended he did “But I don’t forget the important things” like nearly every moment they had spent together til now, how the celestial felt when it was just the two of them.

After Jae finished his food he set dish over by the sink and then returned to sit opposite Han, who was also eating pretty quickly. He was glad he had finally gotten something considering he’d neglected food all day. When he grumbled about skipping Jae pulled an apologetic look in his direction “Have you ever known me to skip class?” he asked with a curious expression, Jae was a bit of a goody two shoes when it came to his classes, he attended all of them, even the optional ones and yes, even the ones stupidly early in the morning. He still found it hard to say no, especially because he knew exactly when the celestial was pulling him to right now. “I know baby I’m terrible” he admitted in a soft tone too because he knew he wasn’t supposed to hear that last part but could because of his supernatural hearing.

He didn’t hesitate as the celestial pulled him into the bedroom and they both stumbled impatiently towards the bed until Jae tripped forward a little and they both fell onto it with a soft thud. Looking down at Hanseol with his now tousled mousy brown hair Jae smiled gently. He was so happy that it hurt. And he was really proud of Han for not mentioning his birthday once this evening though he knew for sure it was on the celestial’s mind “What’s with the obsession with mornings anyway?” Jae asked as he dropped down to press gentle kisses against Hanseol’s neck, his head resting in that spot between the star’s neck and shoulder where he often felt like he belonged.

Between the two of them, it's hard to say which is the more reckless one because even Hanseol had his fair share of tripping and hitting some places at times. Like the time when he walked into the glass sliding door by the balcony, yeah, that one hurts and he can still remember the stinging sensation on his face and shoulder the moment he went straight to it. So much for perfect vision. That's probably why he needed to take two on everything else, to make sure everything is perfect once again. It's not just for him, it's for others’ comfort too. Though it might be true that it was leaning a lot more towards the celestial's ‘preferential’ type.

“You're charming enough as it is. Anymore charms and I'm gonna have to lock you up, mister. Too many predatory eyes on you these days, don't think I didn't notice them.” He squinted his eyes slightly and clicked his tongue in annoyance. Oh he did. There were occasional times where Han came to the campus when he had time, and let's just say he was not happy to see Jae's junior or classmate or whoever she was, gifting his boyfriend a lunchbox or something along the likes of it. He is quite possessive, so to see the celestial getting jealous over the simplest gesture is not really a surprise. “Like that girl.. Who gave you plenty of food.” Shaking his head as he shuddered at the mere thought of her smiling cutely at his dhampir got him flighty.

Han remembered that night when Jae burned himself, it worried the star to no end, who insisted on bringing him to the hospital for next few days. Thankfully Jae was able to heal rapidly, twice faster than any human would. Though it still did not ease his worries until the dhampir had to assure him, and it took a lot of convincing. The brunette celestial was careful not to spend too much on Jae, or even in front of him, it was something they've established over and over again in their relationship. It wasn't as if Hanseol preferred a lavish lifestyle where they'd live in luxury all the time. He's well off, he knew that, but he's also considerate to think about what it would mean to Jae. Afterall, the only thing he ever really paid attention to, was to his feelings. He wanted a comfortable relationship, and this is exactly what's going on. But it didn't stop Han from chastising Jae for bringing him sweet treats whenever he needed to bribe him. It was playful banter, most of the time the star resulted in telling the dhampir how all he needed to do to bribe him was just a kiss and he's sold. Was he cheap? For Jae, any day. But the kiss? It's quite possibly the most priciest thing he'll ever receive, so, it's also possible to say Hanseol Park is a high maintenance guy who only accepts the best.

“No way, you're heavy” he scrunched up his nose teasingly, and pushed the male away softly. Not that he's been complaining whenever Jae was pressed against him. They were still shy, because both could note the way they were flustered and taken aback by a lot of gestures. Only when pushed against the right buttons, of course. Once they get too deep inside, that's when things would change. Bless the duality. “Oh my, Jaesung Moon, don't you think you're being quite forward today?” he poked, obviously taking the delight in teasing the dhampir around. One, because he knew exactly how the situations would shift to a 180 if Jae wanted it to. Neither could deny each other, anyways.

Without any hint of subtlety, the celestial stared at the plump full lips of Jae, humming to himself as he continued to try and avert his gaze, to no avail. They were in their happy cloud now, and he desperately wished for it to be extended for a while longer. It was the littlest gestures that got Han mad with love, thinking about Jae has been very good for him, from distracting him from his stressful mind-boggling work to him being able to conjure up a more stable shield. “Hey, I can hope.” Following the unsatisfied huff from the fallen star, Yeontan barked in response. “That's right, you behave or you're not getting your pretty playmate.” That managed to shut the pup up, much to his surprise.

“So you like me blushing. Got it” he winked. Rolling his eyes at the male when he talked about dishes, he ruffled his hair and scoffed. “I should've known.” Jae had a point, the dhampir had never skipped class and Hanseol was nowhere near being a rebellious kid either. Both of them are quite diligent, so skipping things doesn't seem ideal at all. Though, it's safe to say Han wanted to take a day off and rethink about things, while doing so, he wished to be around positivity, and that's Jae. “I feel like I'm being selfish now.. Because I want you to skip tomorrow so I can spend the entire day with you then.” He fiddled with his fingers, his gaze went upwards, trying not to face Jae who's plopped above him, until his vision was occupied with the clear ceiling.

With one hand wrapped around Jae, he lets out a heaved sigh. “Maybe it's Sappy Han again, but he wants to know how it feels like to wake up next to his most beloved person” he mumbled coherently, fluttering his eyes closed at the burning sensation the dhampir left on his neck. Jae always knew where to attack him, it's unbelievable. The hand wrapped around him drew circles on the other male's back as he began pursing his lips lightly.

Jae shook his head a little as Hanseol spoke about all the eyes on him, it was funny because Han constantly had the same kind of attention and the celestial didn’t even notice when he did, they could be walking down the street holding hands and some girl would still end up oogling his boyfriend “I forgot my lunch that day and she was doing me a favor” he explained with a pout, he knew how possessive Han could get at times, not to the extent that he would try and control what Jae was doing, but certainly enough to know that if someone got to close Jae would end up with marks all over visible parts of him the next day “They can look but it’s only you who gets to touch” he spoke suggestively and raised his brows. Jae always did his best to cast aside feelings of jealousy because by now he was used to people staring at Han.

Han always told Jae off if he spent any of his money on him, which seemed hardly fair considering the celestial threw his money around in coy ways, most of the time Jae tried not to think about it too much because he hated the idea of not evenly contributing to this but the truth was he didn’t have the means to evenly contribute right now and passing his degree and getting a good job was the only way he was going to change that. But when Jae saw something stupid that reminded him of the celestial, he wanted to get it for him and he didn’t see the problem with a few things here or there. Like that one time, the corner shop had gotten in little plush keyrings and he’d snagged the bunny one before anyone was able to buy it just because he wanted to give it to Han. He was pretty sure the celestial still had it on his keys so Jae called it a success in the end. But really he tended to be able to win Hanseol over with kisses, especially if Jae doesn’t kiss him for a while.

Jae opened his mouth in mock-offense when Han called him heavy “Are you kidding me?” Jae asked as he purposely rolled the celestial’s sleeves up for a moment and ran his hand over the muscles in his upper arms “I’m heavy?” he asked with raised brows “You’re like entirely muscle” the dhampir smirked and shook his head with amusement. When Han accused him of being too forward his smirk only grew “Hey I know what I want” he spoke softly running his tongue over his bottom of his lip, though there was a faint blush on his face from being called out so bluntly.

Seeing the way Han was purposely staring at his lips but not doing anything more about it only caused the dhampir to blush deeper, he couldn’t help himself when Han put his gaze on him like that, he could melt Jae with just one look if he wanted to and he knew that the star knew that and used it to his advantage. Jae didn’t try to hide his face when Han made him blush anymore though, he’d learned fast that getting shier just made him press more and then he would pout about not being able to see Jae’s face. When Han spoke to Yeontan again and he actually did quiet Jae widened his eyes in shock though “I think you found his weakness” he stated with a surprised look on his face as he watched the little pup saunter off into the next room.

Jae nodded enthusiastically when Han spoke about liking him blushing “I do” he responded honestly with a ridiculous smile on his face, he didn’t think it was possible to smile so much in one go until he met the celestial, now he found himself with reason after reason to smile. The ruffle of his hair made him laugh though “I suppose we could call my memory selective” he admitted with a chuckle, it was his turn though and he planned to get around to it before he left for class tomorrow, Jae might complain about it but really he didn’t mind all that much. Seeing the look on Han’s face as he spoke about being selfish made Jae’s heart melt a little, he found it so hard to tell him no when he was like this “Tomorrow of all days you want to skip?” he teased softly as the two of them landed on the bed.

He could feel the celestial’s hand on his back as he looked down at Han, he could understand what he wanted, Jae wanted to stay in for the day too but he just found himself so restless lately “When are you not sappy” he spoke gently, his breath against the male’s neck before he rolled to the side so he was laying next to the celestial his face tilted towards him as he did so “One day you’ll know okay?” Jae promised as he reached a finger to trail down the side of Hanseol’s face and along his jawline. The patterns Han was drawing on his back made him shiver a little as he caught the sensitive spots. His eyes were watching the star’s face though and he could see how exhausted he was “Did you sleep badly last night?” Jae asked softly as he pushed his arm down in the mattress so he could slide it under the celestial and then scooted closer so that he could tangle his leg around the other male’s.

Okay, maybe he didn't realize. But how could he notice there were also eyes on him when all he could see in his peripheral vision was the dhampir alone? Shining in all his might, looking a look more ethereal as the day passes, if that was even possible. Though when it comes to Jae, Han knew instantly that almost everything is possible. You're asking a whipped guy like him, what would you expect. Still scrunching his nose up cutely in distaste, he huffed, clearly unsatisfied with that answer. “Doing you a favor.. Hah!,” But again, it was just him showing his ‘love’ to his boyfriend, nothing too serious. There hasn't been a jealousy case where the both of them would end up arguing. It's controllable. “Bet she's all giddy when you accepted. That's it, next time I'm gonna make sure you don't forget anything, if I have to send a whole catering service your way, I'll do it. You told me to take care of my eating and you’re already forgetful at 21” he jested lightly.

Admittedly, the celestial is sometimes insecure because anyone could snatch Jae away without any competition, but after months of establishing this newly found relationship, he knew Jae wouldn't do that to him and neither would he. Honestly, Jae is very attractive and Han knew everyone could see that. Even if they don't like him, not that he could find any reason why they wouldn't, they couldn't deny he is one attractive lad. The suggestive comment got him riled up, changing his demeanor in quite literally in a moment. The pouty and huffing like a child went away and was replaced with a scoff and smirk, matching the exact mood perfectly. “Right. Only I get to touch” he mumbled, his free hand tracing one finger on the dhampir's hand.

He really did like his hands, and it's not just the aesthetic postures from every angle, but the way he would propel to cloud nine whenever he gets to hold them. Afterall, hand kisses became their thing because of it. So tender and sweet, and so simple. But that alone was enough to send him off. He would never admit it, but truthfully Hanseol did feel appreciated a lot more when Jae suddenly shower him with surprises, and coming from someone who never really knew what to expect, it was something he really looked forward to. Though there were also times when the celestial didn't want him to feel burdened by this or that, since their positions are standing on different platforms and the star would be more than glad to be the one supporting them.

However, this does not discredit Jae's attempts, so at the end of the day, Han would just shook his head and they'll end up snuggling one another. It's a routine. Quite impossible to get them away from each other once they're locked in embrace. He knew better than to actually tell him off because both of them are quite stubborn and hardheaded, which can also be recognized for passion. There was no way they would give up so easily. When the brunette rolled up his sleeve, his eyes widened a bit as he followed the male's gaze. Oh. “Just because I have muscle, doesn't mean I'm heavy- Wait are you trying to say I'm heavy?!” Okay, he was offended. Jae had successfully evoked a sudden shriek from the celestial who could only stare at the other male with disbelief marring his features.

“And to think you liked me being pressed against you, I guess I shouldn't be hugging anymore.” Don't underestimate his childishness, the fallen star could be quite the child sometimes. Technically, he's 6. Hanseol crossed his arms and refused to face Jae. “You know what you want, of course. I remember you being shy, never” he grumbled, while tapping his foot on the marble floor. “Yeah, Yeontan's just like any other guys, one of my coworkers said. Just test it out, she said,” he briefly clearing his throat to mimic the voice of his coworker. “Male dogs are just like male humans in general. Who wouldn't like the thought of an attractive playmate. Pretty sure she's saying that out of spite. But seems like it worked. So I'm guessing she's right. I mean, technically who wouldn't whistle when they see an attractive female, right?” He was just testing the waters now, knowing exactly how to prompt the dhampir. To say he's having fun would be an understatement.

“Well, I guess I should be a bit honored that you grace me with your selective memory by remembering me” he coughed purposely, still holding on to this ‘facade’ he pulled earlier. Hanseol hummed in response to the other male's enquiry about choosing tomorrow of all days. Of course he'd choose tomorrow. It's a special day. Though this tough act didn't last long the moment Jae faced him directly when they're sprawled out on his bed. God dammit, how can he even feign when he's staring him with those eyes. A frown creased his features when he was asked whether he slept badly last night. If only you knew, he thought. “Kind of.. I didn't sleep much. So I ended up working in the office.” The guiltiness accentuating his voice indicated the moment Jae left, he woke up and never slept afterwards. Which is quite honestly, the truth. “Nothing to worry about.. It's just the insomnia.” Hanseol Park is a bad liar. Period.

Jae rolled his eyes a little, okay it was pretty likely the girl had a crush on him but Jae had made it clear time and time again who he was in love with and that he had zero interest in anyone else, he was nothing if not a loyal person and he would never hurt someone like that “It doesn’t matter whether she was or not” he stated as though it was a simple matter of fact and shook his head “Don’t you trust me?” he asked with raised brows, there was literally no reason for Jae to walk away from this or show the least bit of interest in anyone else because he had everything he wanted right here “And I forgot one time because I was in a rush” he defended with a mock roll of his eyes. Jae couldn’t really argue because he had jealous tendencies too, but he didn’t like feeling like he had done something wrong.

Han seemed to let things go with Jae’s suggestive comment though and the touch against the dhampir’s hand made him twitch his lips into a soft smirk “Only you” he spoke again as he looked up to meet Hanseol’s eyes, his expression knowing “Only yours” he continued knowing just how much he liked it when the dhampir was referred to as his. That was the best way Jae found to handle the celestial’s jealousy, by reminding him that Jae had chosen this relationship and he was committed to it in every aspect. It wasn’t something that was just going to go away after all but Jae knew where he drew the line on what was too much for him and he would tell Hanseol so if it ever came to that point. He could live with love bites here and there though, in fact, he kinda liked them.

Jae still didn’t understand the star’s obsession with his hands but he had given into it by now, Hanseol liked kissing them often and Jae lived for those light kisses against his knuckles which Han would often give him. There seemed to be more meaning to them than just an absent-minded kiss, like the celestial, was saying something every time he did so. There were still things that felt rocky and they were figuring out, sometimes it meant they argued or teased one another over their disagreements but Jae was proud to say they’d managed to find a compromise so far and for the most part, he felt stronger for it.

Watching as the disbelief of what the dhampir said set in over the celestial he laughed gently, well that wasn’t exactly what he meant, he had been trying to imply that the fallen star couldn’t find Jae heavy when he was built so strongly and lifted actual weights all the time but the amusement from the celestial’s reaction when he took it the wrong way was too funny for Jae not to play along with it “I never said such a thing” he defended, though he quicked his brows as though he was very obviously lying. It was funny to watch Hanseol when he got himself offended because he could be very childish when he wanted to be, though he’d never admit to him being so.

Jae chuckled as Han turned away from him and then chuckled a little, all of this denial over a joke he’d taken wrong felt hardly fair but he wanted to see how far Han was going to take it before he had to tell him that he was overreacting to the completely wrong thing “Are you implying that I should go and find some attractive female on the street Han?” he asked with a curious quirk of his brow “Would you turn on me that easily?” Jae smirked again though it was obvious he wasn’t taking any of this that seriously, he kept moving around in front of Hanseol to make it hard for him to avoid eye contact.

Jae rolled his eyes at the other male’s continuing refusal, growing tired of the game “I was implying that your muscle means you’re a liar for calling me heavy” he teased, he already had one arm under Hanseol so he wrapped his other one around him and then rolled him over on top of Jae with ease and smirked gently as the dhampir laid back on the bed with his hands behind his head “You really think you’re heavy to a half valkyr?” he questioned with a cocky quirk of his brow before he rolled him over again pushing him down into the mattress and running his hands over his arms until he pinned him down against the bed and looked down at him with a questioning look in his eyes before he let him go and returned his position nestled up against Han’s side.

Jae watched as his expression softened when he talked about sleep, there was one thing he had learned quickly about Han, his sleep was a hard thing for him to talk about. Jae was still trying to figure out why but he didn’t like to pry too much “Again?” Jae asked as he reached over to capture the celestial’s cheek to make him face him “You are a horrible guilty liar, you know that?” he asked as he looked into his eyes and then nodded softly “Tell me how I can help baby” Jae would quite literally do anything the celestial asked of him, he was that wrapped up in him.

Sometimes Hanseol can be quite jealous, like really jealous. The kind that some would even say borderline jealous. He knew he's possessive but sometimes when he gets reminded just how jealous he can be, it caused him to be disheartened because that wasn't the person he wanted to be. Could it be that he's just very attentive for love? Quite possibly. Of course he knew Jae would never leave him for another, he's a loyal person, and Han was the same. But there were times when insecurity just seeps in and his emotions got the best of him, per usual. He really did need to get all of this emotion thingy settled soon, or it's gonna end up eating him. “What kind of question is that, of course I trust you, Jae..” he quirked his eyebrows and literally captured his hands in his grasp, gripping on them tightly as if he was never going to let go.

“Sorry about that.. I get very emotional these days and it's not settling well. I know you won't leave me..” He wouldn't, right? No, Jae would never. It only took one sentence from Jae to get Han's pride shattered, he would rush downstairs from his pedestal to apologize to the dhampir at any moment because of it. That's how much he cherished him. It's endearing, to see how pure their love can be sometimes, and slightly impure over a few circumstances. “Though this does mean I'm right about your time management,” he clicked his tongue and beamed in delight, knowing he won at that statement because they both retorted which of them had worst time management.

Admittedly, he knew that'd be him but allow the celestial to bask in this ‘artificial’ glory, if it'll make him feel better. Jae wasn't wrong when he knew Han would go heart eyes whenever he referred to him being his, because boy he really did. It was a small part of his possessive tendencies, but it's just the celestial liking the idea of having someone he can rely on without worry. Jaesung Moon was his. Just like how Yeontan and Byul was his. If it's seen through an adult's perspective, had Hanseol not possess a grown vessel, it's literally a child claiming ‘This is mine. That is mine.’ culture. Well, he definitely radiates such energy.

His eyes softened at the thought of calling Jae his. Bringing both his hands up to his mouth level, he placed a soft kiss on both knuckles. The kiss was tender and careful, much like how Han would always hold him like he's made of porcelain. An art he can't bear to even taint. “Mhmm, only mine” he whispered coolly, his eyes forming crescent like shape when he grinned. The celestial really did have somewhat an obsession with the dhampir's hands, they were beautiful. But it's not just that. He found them entrancing, the measurements fit perfectly without a stent, and the thought of clasping and intertwining their fingers together felt right. It was also because since before, Hanseol's mother always liked to hold his hands. She told him it was the simplest form of affection one can give yet the result would mean so much more.

“You were implying on it,” he huffed, clearly still unsatisfied with him. Yes, as stated multiple times, the celestial can be quite childish at times. There were no lines to cross to which level of childishness he might reach. One part of him is very mature while the other just didn't want to let go. Perhaps, it was the longing feeling of wanting to be loved, which he confused with the concept of a child wanting affection. But when Jae suddenly said something about him finding an attractive lady, he bit his bottom lip a bit too hard and clenched his jaw. There it is.

“Woow, I never said that,” he grumbled defensively, his voice slowly going by one octave lower as his eyes glazed over him. “That's absurd, I would never turn you away so easi-” Until he obviously get the hint, which caused the star to squint his eyes as he leaned forward. “You'll be lucky to even escape unscathed when you step outside this house, Jae. I don't think any girl is gonna like to see all those marks on you.” When he said it, he meant it. The fallen star had this tendency to mark the dhampir everytime, it's not even a joke. It is called love bites, afterall. And boy did he live up to that description. He admitted, being pinned down wasn't what he expected but he couldn't help the scoff escaping him, following with a smirk to rest playfully on the corner of his lips.

The moment Jae resumed his initial position by his side, he turned around to face him better with a stupid grin on his face. “You say it like its a bad thing, I know you like it.” A clement purr escaped the reins of his mouth and he brought up his arms to hug him. God, he really did need a cuddling session today. His body is sore and his mental state is disoriented. Nuzzling against the dhampir, he contemplated whether to tell him or not, it wasn't like he can lie again, not after he's been called a bad liar. What's the worse the truth can lead to, right? “You can make me forget all those horrible nightmares..” he mumbled. He really hated those. It kept him too much that Han wasn't even able to close his eyes and nap for a while without startling himself to discern which is the reality and which is not.

“But you can start by kissing me better, that definitely helps.” He's not called an opportunist for no reason. But really, all he wanted is just to lose himself in Jae, to get his mind off and hopefully get a decent good night's sleep today.

Jae watched Hanseol as the realization set in that what he was saying could be seen as a lack of trust in the dhampir, Jae wasn’t the kind of person who would ever stray elsewhere, he was cut from a very moral cloth and had been raised as a gentleman. “No I won’t” Jae affirmed to the other male, his eyes sincere as he spoke the words “I try to show you that every day” he admitted with a soft nod, he always made sure to message Hanseol every morning and every evening if they weren’t together because he wanted to remind the celestial that he was the first thing on his mind when he woke up and the last thing he thought about in the moments before he went to sleep.

When he called out his time management Jae cleared his throat a little guiltily “Okay I’ll give you that one, I had an off day” but unlike Hanseol he didn’t lose hours and hours focused on the same thing, if Jae was late it was usually because he somehow managed to sleep through his alarm or he forgot to set it the night before. Jae didn’t bring that up right now though because he liked to let the celestial have his ‘wins’ sometimes. The whole subject seemed to be smoothed over when the dhampir reminded the star where he thought he belonged and the smile on Han’s face was bright. Just as Jae was Hanseol’s, Hanseol was Jae’s, they completed one another and he loved knowing that.

Jae watched the way the celestial moved his hand to press a kiss against it and the dhampir shuddered a little the moment Han’s lips touched his knuckles, those kisses always did something to him, spreading warmth through his entire body like the celestial was giving him energy just with the simple motion “And you are mine” Jae added as grinned too. He loved knowing he had someone to come home to in the evening, someone who was happy to see him and craved his touch and his company as much as he did them. He never really thought he would have a relationship like that, never really chased one but since meeting Han his entire outlook on relationships and what he wanted from them had changed. At that thought, he squeezed Hanseol’s hand gently with the one he was holding onto tightly.

Hanseol did have the tendency to take things wrong or out of proportion at times, it was often because, despite the fact he would argue if Jae told him it out loud, he was often a lot more serious than Jae was. When Jae made jokes, sometimes Han would take them literally and that sometimes created conflict. The dhampir had been figuring out how to handle it with time, mostly he tried to choose his words more carefully and avoid subjects that he thought might upset the celestial.

When Hanseol finally clicked what Jae had been talking about he gave Hanseol a slightly judgmental look and raised his brows when the star mentioned the marks on his body, it had been 3 months and yet they still couldn’t stop themselves from constantly marking one another like a map all over their bodies. It had caused all kinds of issues for the dhampir at work and he had to often wear sweaters which covered his neck. When he was out on the streets though he didn’t hide them, he didn’t have shame in showing that he had someone he loved at home, someone who was on the top of his priority list always “I already told you I have no interest in anyone else you idiot” he admitted as he flopped back down “Only a fool would play games when he has something this real at home” he spoke and then realized he said home, his eyes widening a little but he didn’t take it back.

Seeing the grin returned to his star’s face allowed him to catch his breath once more though, a bright one of his own appearing on his lips “It’s not a bad thing for me because it makes you easy to read” he admitted but then bit gently on his lip “But you don’t need to lie to me Han” he really hoped he knew that Jae wasn’t the kind of person to judge others and all he ever wanted was the best for Hanseol, he might not be the pushiest person when it came to getting things out of others but that didn’t mean he didn’t notice them. He leaned into the star’s warmth as he snuggled up against him and Jae leaned his lips down a little to press a soft kiss against the celestial’s temple. When Han said the word nightmares Jae froze though, physically stunned by what he had just heard before his whole body softened and his gaze met the celestials “Is that what you’ve been struggling with all this time?” Jae asked instantly feeling guilty for not knowing already and realizing it was because he never stayed the whole night “Oh sweetheart” the guilt was evident in his tone as he pressed his hand against Hanseol’s face.

When Han asked him to kiss him better the dhampir nodded compliantly and then got up to his feet at the bottom of the bed, he moved slowly towards Han as his hands rolled up the celestial’s pant leg to expose the lower half of his shin and then Jae leaned down and pressed his lips to his leg. Jae pretended like he didn’t notice much, but he had noticed the celestial had been limping on this leg a little all evening. Jae chuckled as he pulled the material back into place and then he climbed back onto the bed, scooting backward until his back was against the pillow and then he tugged the celestial back towards him until he was laying against Jae’s chest with the dhampir’s legs either side of him. The half valkyr’s arms wrapped around him, embracing him as he pressed soft chaste kisses against Hanseol’s neck from behind “I can’t promise it’ll work, but I’ll try and protect you” Jae spoke softly his arms encasing Han as though he could shield him from his demons.

With Hanseol, it's always a complicated mess. The celestial didn't act like anyone else, neither could one say he wasn't normal. He was. He's just slightly different. That's one way to put it. At this point, Jae would've seen how quick he was to jump into conclusions, and all of that hailed from himself, that ugly insecurity eating him up like some parasite from within. It was slowly sucking all the optimistic views he had, and it was only by luck that he had someone positive like Jae by his side to keep fueling him up with said energy. Unfortunately, it was due to that particular insecurity issues that Han often found himself in petty arguments with Jae. How he hated every single one of them, and the fact that he has a long term memory meant it's most likely for the fallen star to remember every single detail from their fights and banters that didn’t really need to happen neither should it be a full blown argument, in the first place.

It made him rethink of all the words he's said to the dhampir and he felt awful. His head was filled with all the hurtful and petty remarks he threw around, only to make up to him afterwards. That's not healthy, though. And what's worse is that he knew that. It's fine to stop, he told himself. Jae didn't this. His dhampir didn't deserve such mistreatment, especially coming from someone who loves him for who he is. That was unfair.

The sincerity that flashed in his dark hues resulted in the celestial's legs getting slightly wobbly in return. He's always so weak when it comes to those eyes; they were so expressive and it was a refreshing sight. “I'm a fool not to realize it.. You stuck with me through thick and thin throughout the months even though I threw unnecessary tantrums,” sighing heavily as he covered his face with both of his hands, he groaned into his palms in distress. “I'm sorry for ever doubting you.. God knows how you deserve someone so much better.” Hanseol was not without imperfections, and his flaws are always there, but unfortunately, the star tend to take quite some time before noticing it. His obliviousness plays a big role in that.

“I'm yours.” He nodded in agreement, he is. They fit together despite their differences, and they'll be willing to fix them for the sake of their relationship. It was one of the only thing he actually wanted to make it work, Hanseol wanted this. To be able to tell Jae about his day and know that at the end of the day, he's gonna feel a lot better because of him. The judgemental look Jae gave him did not went unnoticed by the celestial, who only smirked wryly. Oh, he is definitely proud of all those marks. The star never hid it, it even came to one time where Yeon pointed those marks out and for the first time, he flaunted it proudly and evoked a scoff from others. “Don't deny it, I know you like the idea of it. You don’t see me complaining when you did me.” What's not to like, he had someone to come home to.

Nodding his head at the sound of the latter calling him an idiot, he gave him a knowing look. “Yeah. I'm your idiot. We established that already, come on” he quipped, not even denying how foolish he can be sometimes. All that matters was that Jae accepted him either way. Speaking of home, the mere thought of having Jae call him and this place his home made his heart flutter, and now hearing it out loud gave him a reason to giggle internally. His heart lurched out in happiness. “I mean.. It's basically your place now. One day you'll move in, then it'll be official” he winked teasingly. One day, indeed. He's right, Hanseol didn't need to lie to him. Sometimes he wasn't sure whether he should thank that he's an easy guy to read or the opposite. “It's not my intention..” He didn't wish to lie. He hated it. But sometimes, he had to rethink of his choices and the consequences that would accompany them. Evading the truth sounded easier at that time.

When Jae pecked his forehead, he smiled intently. The celestial loved the feeling whenever he's being kissed. The kiss his dhampir send to his leg was a bit surprising though. He limped because he actually strained his leg muscles after crossing them here and there for 16 hours straight. That, and he fell from the stairs when he was trying to rush and get his sleeping pills last night. Han made a mental note to revisit this problem with him next time, because today he couldn't afford to think about anything other than happy thoughts. All those negativity is what would feed into his nightmares, kindling the fires that was scorching, fueling it to burn brighter. He just wished to sleep tonight. Peacefully. Just one night is all he's asking.

Basking in the warmth the dhampir gave him, he fluttered his eyes closed and purred softly at the close proximity between them. He brought his hand to place it over the dhampir's own that was currently caging him. A content sigh was dispelled at the sudden touch on his neck and nape. “I didn't want to tell you.. Because it'll bother you” he murmured softly, still leaning against his touch. “Heh, this is funny. Can I finally call you my dream catcher then?” It wasn't long until he slowly doze off at the warmth the dhampir provided the celestial. His head tilted slightly but everything felt so comfortable, enough to lull him into the land of sleep. For now, at least.

Jae was a patient person, or at least he was a patient person when it came to things he cared about, that’s why even though they fought and sometimes got annoyed with one another, he never walked out on the celestial. Jae would always rather stay and talk things through than leave and he hated the idea of ever going to bed angry at the celestial. He had his own issues he needed to work through, namely that he would give in too easily and just drop topics for the sake of not arguing but then it also meant that he never felt like the topic was resolved, he found himself in that case often, like with the mention of Denver earlier, he knew that Hanseol was avoiding the topic purposely but he couldn’t bring himself to pry further into it.

Jae knew one day he’d have to get to the bottom of whatever it was but the naive part of him wanted to wait for Hanseol to be able to feel like he could talk to him about whatever it was. It was hard not knowing though because Jae had no idea how serious it was, whether it was about him, whether it was about something else or just something the star was dealing with internally. Jae knew he was a bit of a pushover but he always had been when it came to emotions and what other people asked of him and he wasn’t really sure how to turn that off.

It seemed that Hanseol got the hint that Jae was getting a little annoyed with him though because he started apologizing. The celestial was very good at admitting when he was wrong Jae would agree and it prevented them from having a lot of full-blown arguments. Jae couldn’t really stay mad at Han for a long time, especially when he started pouting. Though he also didn’t like it when the celestial was hard on himself too “You do realize it” Jae reiterated with a nod of his head “We both just let our emotions run a little wild sometimes” the dhampir admitted as he bit gently on his bottom lip “And that’s okay as long as we realize it and we do something about it afterward, fighting is only natural” especially for two headstrong and passionate people “But I don’t think we’ve found a problem yet we can’t solve baby” Jae was adamant about that, he hadn’t seen anything in Hanseol that made him want to run and he hoped the celestial could say the same.

Jae liked hearing those words come from Hanseol’s lips ‘I’m yours’ it wasn’t about owning someone like possession for him, it was about someone willingly choosing him and wanting to be with him. Jae had always doubted himself and his own worth so to have someone choose him over everyone else they could choose in the world was meaningful and made the dhampir slowly begin to realize he wasn’t giving himself enough credit. He liked feeling like that and he liked that the person he chose was an intelligent and sweet and often funny guy. “I do like it” he admitted though his eyes were a little shifty in embarrassment “But my boss does not like it” he added with a shake of his head, his chest was fair game but his neck he had to be more careful with “I have no shame in the world knowing I’m in love with you though” Jae smiled meeting the star’s eyes as he said that.

“I’m glad we agree” Jae admitted as he met the other male’s gaze in an equally knowing look, they both struggled with insecurity and the only thing that made it feel better was time and proof that nothing got worse as it passed. Jae still worried about Hanseol’s flightiness, which wasn’t helped by the fact the star stayed out late a lot and sometimes forgot to tell Jae where he was or what he was up to. Jae did his best not to be clingy and let the star tell him where he was but that didn’t stop the pangs of wondering that came to him sometimes. “One day I will” Jae affirmed with a nod of his head, he was close enough to it already, he spent more time here than he did at the dorm already, even if he didn’t spend mornings. But saying that was more him promising that one day he was going to be brave enough to face up to his parents for this.

When Han spoke about not wanting to tell him Jae felt his heart lurch a little, he knew the celestial internalized a lot of stuff and always had, Hanseol definitely had things he didn’t like to talk about and he hated feeling like he was troubling someone. Jae wanted to be troubled though, or rather he wanted to be able to share some of his partner’s burdens. But he knew that came with time and trust, people didn’t just change overnight, especially not people who could only rely on themselves for a long portion of his life “It bothers me more to know you’re hurting in silence” he murmured against Hanseol’s shoulder as he held him.

Jae loved having the celestial in his arms, wrapped tightly around his frame like he could protect the celestial from anything, if Jae could, he would because to him, Hanseol was the most precious person in the world to him. “You can call me whatever you want to” he spoke softly as he shifted his position so he could pull the blankets up over them and he laid his head back into the pillow as Hanseol snuggled against his chest. It was a strange way to fall asleep but before long the celestial was breathing deeply, his hand still clutching against Jae’s and the dhampir smiled, Han looked so peaceful when he slept, it was the only time he ever truly looked like he was completely carefree. Except even sleep didn’t seem to give him a real break, Jae realized with a slight frown. He pulled the light switch to turn off the bedroom light and the pressed his face into the pillow and before long the darkness took him over too, his grip loosening a little around the star as he gave in to sleep.

He couldn't recall how many times he felt truly blessed to have someone like Jae by his side, the dhampir was understanding and nurturing, never missing a moment to care for the celestial who seemed to like being on the receiving end. It was euphoric, every moment was dedicated for the two of them and he couldn't be happier. Admittedly, there were times when he felt conflicted whenever they fought, though it's never been too serious of an argument, Hanseol was worried that one day, it might result in a full blown one; something neither of them are ready to get into.

Fighting is only natural, Jae's voice kept ringing in his ears.  The celestial didn't say anything much about it because his silence always meant the truth. Jae knew that. And he's said it countless times that he was not good at words, meaning he's already closed off so for him to form words, it’s extra hard. Which is why to hear him express what he wanted to Jae, meant a great deal. He only hummed in response to his words, knowing fully well there was no way he could reiterate those without holding proof over their heads. Especially with Jae, he's very smart so he always seemed to have something under this sleeves. No point in debunking anything. Despite his competitiveness and pride would not allow him to give up so easily, with the dhampir, everything felt more easier. Han was able to let go. Just little by little, it’s going to take time, but it's in a good progressive state. Jaesung Moon was quite literally the only person he'd give anything and everything for. He didn't want to lose him, and Hanseol couldn't even fathom the pain if that would happen.

When Jae told him it bothers him to hear he's suffering in silence, the celestial rubbed his fingers together, holding the dhampir's hand close to him. “It might get better in time.. I think I'm just not used to being out yet, you know.” The tone in his voice clearly indicated he was fooling himself too. He was supposed to be fine, the nightmares wasn't too often before the incident at the clinic. Ever since that, it got worse. His nights became restless and it was slowly breaking him from within. It was like someone wanted this to happen. But can they not exclude him out of it? Perhaps he's selfish, but Hanseol wanted to know what it feels like to be able to sleep with a warm heart. Now, even if he did, he's going to wake up either way. He was slowly dozing off, but his hand never left Jae's. The fallen star held on the dhampir like he was hanging on his lifeline. It didn't take them long to fall asleep altogether.

------

It was too early. It's only been 3 months, approximately 89 days. Of course he counted, Han always kept count of everything. Though he didn't go as far as to measure up the hours and minutes. He should've known better to even think about sleeping today. The moment it struck 89, he should've known it wasn't going to be possible. Was it a coincidence, that something so significant in his life would turn out to be the thing he dreaded the most? The irony is almost mind-blowing. Han remembered falling asleep peacefully in Jae's embrace, then he remembered falling into dreamland, it was filled with tranquility and serenity and the likes. Everything was different and he was able to close his eyes, only for his body to jolt up in response as if he was struck by electricity.

Running. He remembered running. What was he doing now? He's running. Why was he running? He didn't know. His muscles wouldn't stop working. The asphalt on the road was new and refined. It was raining heavily. He was in the middle of nowhere with no signboard to tell him where he was at, and there were no cars. It's a dead road. He couldn't find a way to stop running until he eventually stumbled on his steps and fell. While cradling his knees, Hanseol winced when his palm touched the surface of his knee. It's bleeding. All he could hear was the sound of people's chattering. But one thing caught his attention, the sinister glint of the blade in the stranger's hands.

Since the poor celestial couldn't stand up to run, he only crawled his way to hide behind the trees. It was a game of cat and mouse, and unfortunately for him, he was the prey. Sweat dribbled down to his chin as he tried to ease his breathing. “I can smell you.” He's been caught. This memory felt familiar, right, because it has happened before. Gothenburg, Sweden, 1932. The worst memory they could ever push back inside him to elicit the worst reaction ever.

------

When Hanseol woke from his dream, he fell from the bed, his entire body feeling strangely hot. The star was sweating heavily and he peeked slightly, opening the drawer by his bed stand, only to find that the bottle is empty. Nibbling on his bottom lip, he calmed down his breathing before making his way out of the room, careful not to wake the sleeping brunette. Glancing at the clock, he saw that it's only 12 am. Did he only get to sleep for about an hour? Of course he did. Hanseol remembered he should have about two more bottles somewhere in his painting room. That would mean he'd have to open the locks. “It'll just be for a while..” he told himself, still not convinced but he couldn't keep himself awake after all of that. He's very tired, his body wanted to shut down so bad.

The celestial dragged himself down the stairs only to stumble down on the last few steps, falling shoulder first to the cold and hard marble floor. Spending a few moments of cradling his shoulder and leg, he then limped his way towards the said room and unlocked it. It took a few tries due to the fumbling of the keys but he managed to open it. Leaving the door ajar, he didn't think much about closing because the first thing Han did was rush towards the cabinet and searched for his remedy like a wild man.

Unfortunately, he couldn't locate it. It didn't take him long to succumb into a panic attack when he couldn't remember where he kept them or if it's just finished. In less than 5 minutes, the entire room was wrecked, multiple painting equipments sprawled and broken across the room. He was too deep in his thoughts that the doe-eyed celestial didn't even notice he had pressed his right palm on one of his wood carving tool that fell, while searching recklessly. Everything was chaotic, one minute he's wincing and cursing at his bleeding palm, the next he's covering his face with both his hands, hiccuping softly.

“I know” Jae murmured softly to Hanseol’s words “But I’m patient when it comes to you and I’ll be ready when you’re ready” this was a big step for them, to finally have Hanseol admit something about himself that could be seen as making him less than perfect, that was a first. Jae didn’t love him any less for it though, all he had ever wanted was for the celestial to open up to him, in every aspect of his personality. Han had already seen some of Jae’s less than bright side the night he bailed him out of jail for fighting while drunk, that was their first time they had really fought and Jae was still ashamed of the way he behaved that night, but Han had forgiven him and Jae had done everything he could to not go there again, to keep his anger under control and revisit the ways he always used to push it down. He had screamed into a few pillows since there but not a single punch was thrown.

Despite the fact that they fought sometimes and that things weren’t perfect, that they had issues they needed to figure out. Jae for the first time in his 21 or pretty much 22 years, truly felt like he was happy. It didn’t matter what pressure his parents put on him, how much they reminded him of everything his siblings had achieved by his age, told him he was making a mistake, he was happy. All he had ever wanted was to know freedom and with Hanseol he felt like he had it because he was his truest self with the celestial, Jae didn’t feel like he had to hide himself or pretend to be anyone he wasn’t and that was something almost foreign to him but also something he loved more than anything in the world. He truly felt like he was starting to know who Jaesung Moon was.

And that was the last thing on his mind as he drifted into sleep, Jae was a pretty light sleeper most of the time and he very rarely dreamed, he could also be a little restless and rolled around a lot so it wasn’t surprising that sometime in the night he rolled over to what was now his side of the bed, though he didn’t let go of Hanseol’s hand as he slept, a small comfort to him he supposed. Tonight he fell into a sleep more deeply than usual which he was thankful for because he rarely got the full rest he needed, mind always on something he was worried about because Jae was a worrier because he wanted to succeed so much and doubted his ability to do so.

He didn’t dream properly this evening either, though his mind wasn’t blank either, just filled with swirling colors that moved around his head like a kaleidoscope, the dhampir didn’t usually dream about anything that made sense, it was always abstract shapes and patterns, the colors usually reflecting the place he was in when he fell asleep. Today they were shades of pastel blues and greens which mixed together in swirls like paint when you mixed them around and they spiraled into one another. He didn’t think too much about it.

The colors changed darker and murkier when Hanseol got up and left the bed though, the dhampir rolled over onto his front his fingertips curling at his side at the sudden absence of his star. The mixture didn’t look right anymore, like one of the colors was pushing too much on the other and it had caused it to all become brown and dark. Jae let out a long sigh before it all suddenly disappeared when he heard a loud crashing from down the hall. He started awake in shock shifting up the bed as he looked around and gathered his bearings. The first thing he noticed was that he was alone “Han?” he called out as he rubbed at his eyes groggily and peered over at the clock to see only an hour or so had passed since they fell asleep

He didn’t get any response of course but the sound from the hall had him worried, he got up out of the bed and grabbed his daggers from off the side, they glowed blue as they were reunited with their owner’s fingertips and then he started to make his way down the stairs slowly. He could hear footsteps in the next room and desperate heavy breaths. Something told Jae deep in his chest that something was very wrong. His heartbeat quickened in his chest as he rounded the corner to see the door of the room Hanseol always had locked ajar. He sucked in a long breath before he heard more clattering. Jae furrowed his brow confused and made his way towards the door. He hesitated for a moment knowing the lengths Han had gone to keep him out of this room but that thought was soon overtaken by his concern when he smelled blood and he burst in through the door.

Jae just kinda stood there shocked for a moment as he took in what was happening the only light in the room coming from his daggers which he quickly cast aside onto one of the flat surfaces when he spotted the star sitting in the corner of the room against the wall. Jae didn’t really understand what was happening but his natural instincts kicked in as he dropped down to his knees in front of Hanseol. The erratic inability to breathe he recognized as a sign of a panic attack. His sister had suffered with them most of her life and so he had a little experience in handling one, he kept his distance from him as to not spook him because he knew that Hanseol was claustrophobic.

“Hey, you’re okay” he assured as he looked down at the celestial, he did his best to control the tone of his voice, speaking softly “You’re safe” Jae soothed as he searched his mind for the things you were supposed to do in this situation but he was still bothered greatly by the fact he could smell blood but couldn’t see any. Though when he leaned a little closer he saw the red running down his arm and wrist “Hanseol I’m here” he spoke softly, so this was the reason Han didn’t want to talk about the nightmares. It all made sense to him now. Jae didn’t even care for looking around the room which he’d never been in before, though he had spotted a few broken things on the floor, his only focus was on trying to help as best he could.

“Breathe baby” he instructed as he looked down at Hanseol, they could talk about this and what it all meant once they got him out of the panic attack “Breathe with me okay” he assured gently though he didn’t make any attempt to make Hanseol look at him “In” he instructed as he took in a long breath himself and then waited 4 seconds before he released it with a soft “Out”. Jae very hesitantly reached a hand out to touch Hanseol’s knee for reassurance.

RSS

© 2024   Created by ✓ Ophelia Dreyvalian ~Admin~.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service