The thing about memories, is that they fade. Like looking through fogged up glasses or murky water...But the long dirt path up to the old villa was so bright and clear, it was as if it were yesterday.

However, for him, it wasn't yesterday. It was almost two lifetimes ago. A rebirth, a death and a transformation. A transformation from fire to ice. Approaching a pair of large, wrought iron gates, a name loomed in the mist. d'Fierro. Its all in a name. This bunch of letters used to mean family, it meant loyalty and togetherness, now? It was the name of a dead family...Another legend among the supernatural, another story for the books. Leonardo d'Fierro, the intellectual one, stood before these iron gates, not with fire surging through his veins like in the stories, but water. The mix of moisture in the mist swirling round him, something that once made him weak, now fueled the icy wrath in his blood. With a creak and a snap, Leon' pushed open the gates and took the winding pathway up towards a large, red-brick villa.

Pushing back long auburn locks, Leon' approached the porch with an uneasy feeling in the pit of his stomach. It had been years since Leon' had tread the creaking slats of the porch and even longer since his hand reached for the doorknob like it did now, with a slow quake and warm palms.

ravenwood manor | gates = AMAZING | Beautiful creatures movie, Beautiful creatures, Creatures

The entry way was neither warm, nor inviting. The chill of abandonment clung to every corner. It had only been 3 years since the last resident of the d'Fierro Villa left, but the insides seemed to have aged hundreds of years. Dust bunnies clung to the skirting and ground like cockroaches, spider webs hung across the walls and corners like haunting decorations. This new set of eyes still stung cold and chilling with the memories of a family that flooded back. Shaking his head, the Niveis wandered on towards the study, the place he had spent the most time and the information hub of the family home.

Papers littered the desk from Leonardo's last visit, a ghostly reminder of his past life. Wedding plans and venue bookings all bundled neatly, a half drunk bottle of bourbon...a remind of Leon's ungraceful fall off the wagon. A sigh left his lips as he pushed these aside, his olive toned hands fumbling for the drawers underneath, both still unlocked from his last encounter with the information. The papers underneath this drawer held the last known semblance of the family myth. The d'Fierro's were gone, and Leonardo had come back to Evermore...To this home to see if any of them still lived...Or if they'd all perished like he had, but in a much more permanent manner.

Taking his seat and settling into the dusty leather, he began his search...Sisters, brother...Anything he could find.

Official Johnny Depp Tumblr shared by Dawsoon

Views: 500

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Leona pursed her lips, tilting her head to a side as her brow furrow, long dark hair cascading over her shoulder as she moved. "I understand why you feel that way," she had to agree. If someone could take down both her and Alexander while they were at their strongest, they had to be prepared for the fight. She had no place to say someone else couldn't have prepared to turn Leon', and that the wouldn't have been overly prepared for the act. "You have a fair point. I guess things work out in the oddest ways," she mused sourly.

At his reaction to his remark about hope, a wry smirk toyed at her lips then. "Aye, hence why I have to believe that the worst as befallen him--it'd be easier to cope once I find out the truth." She let a shrug roll off her shoulders, the gesture a sign she wanted to move on from the subject. Knowing Leon', he'd be none the happier to move on from the subject of his sister's woes. "That being said, I'll never give up hope that one of these, you'll finally talk to me about whatever's going on in that mental head of yours," the Venetian teased dryly. 

She nodded at his simple response concerning the penthouse. "Good," she mused. He then spoke of what he planned on doing about his situation with Aaliyah. To his words, she shrugged her shoulders from now. "From what I can tell?" she started, "I don't think that she's with anyone, but I do think she's moved on, or at least trying to, from what happened the past." The truth was harsh, but she knew Leon' especially would appreciate her not sugar-coating her words. "You could always do what I do: pay someone to gauge the situation for you before you make a move. Or," she paused, olive green hues thoughtful as she looked over her brother's slightly-defeated posture, "you could just turn up at her doorstep, in true d'Fierro fashion." 

She chuckled, her hand once more reaching to touch her brother's. "You could always just apologise," Leona suggested. "And decide to win her back if you feel she'd be open to it. In my opinion, she still cares for you. She wouldn't have asked me if you were ever coming back if she never wanted to see you again---not the way she phrased it." 

Another sigh parted her lips, the woman running her fingers through her thick dark locks. "Whatever you do, you'll have my full support, mia cara," she purred, "even if your taste in women is questionable at best." Her gaze swept over the dust-coated room, her face twisting in disgust. "Let's leave this place, and only return once I've fixed it up." Leona looked back at her brother, a rare smile upon her full lips as she took a step back. "These are the only pair of lungs we'll have from now on, after all." Another heavy breath sounding from the younger of the two, she made her way slowly around the desk, back to standing across from her brother. "Let's leave the past where it belongs," she mused sadly, looking once more over their surroundings.

The d'Fierro's were not a lucky bunch of people. Their life had been lead by running, hiding or fighting. From day one they had been surrounded by death and destruction, literally. Their homes had burned, drowned, died out or left. And for the hundreds of years the siblings had been on this earth they had fought for every ounce of happiness against odds that were stacked violently against them. Yet, even with this belief and knowledge, hearing his little sister speak with such sadness and unhopefulness made his heart crack just a touch. But their understanding of the topic made him sigh, because her outlook was exactly like his, filled with worst outcomes.

As she teased his eyes rolled slightly. Their entire lifetimes had been filled with Leona trying to get into his head, to understand his constant battles or sobriety and depression, but it was a darkness that wasn't easy to share with anyone. "You wish" He muttered dryly in return and quickly changed the subject with a humorless chuckle "I don't think a spy would survive Aaliyah Cole."

As she called his taste questionable, he cocked a brow and an actual smile crossed his lips. "After all this time, You still think she'd not right for me?" Leonardo shook his head and then nodded as she asked about leaving. "This piece of the past can stay Sorella. But just this piece" He mused as he gazed around once more before following her outside.

The air outside was clearer and he filled his lungs with it before turning back to his sister and cocking another small smile up on his lips. "Its strange." He started "Everything here seems so different with these eyes, the rain clouds don't make frustrate me anymore, the damp grass doesn't irritate...But yet the cobbles of the streets and the faces seem so mundanely copied." He grumbled slightly and shook his head "This entire town is a reminder that no matter what, the hourglass keeps flowing...and mine is becoming difinitively empty."

She simply raised an eyebrow at her brother's statement about a spy not surviving the Diviner, and clucked her tongue in disappointment. "You haven't got the right spies on your payroll if they get caught," the younger of the two spoke with a sigh, yet a cheeky smirk toyed at the corners of her lips. Leona couldn't help but let out a scoff when he mentioned her opinion of the young Cole. "I wouldn't phrase it like that---she's not worthy of you, at least in my books. However, if she...helps you stay away from certain...vices," she started, olive green eyes flickering towards the dusty bottle resting upon the desk before meeting her brother's dark gaze once more, "I won't stand in your way anymore. I'd rather you stick around longer this time, and really have a chance at happiness." As I once did, she added mentally to herself, lips pressing together.

Leo couldn't stop the sad smile that formed as his mention of this part of the past, and she gave him small nod before they headed out together. She made mental note in her head to call up her contractors and have them work on the house as soon as possible. If anything was a sign to start, reuniting with her brother inside its ruins definitely was it. "I know what you mean," she replied to his statement about how the city felt in this body. "It's definitely quite odd finding comfort in water after spending most of my life avoiding it. A part of me now wishes Alex was around to see this---he always wanted to go an island in the middle of nowhere, but I would never agree to be surrounded by that much of water." A sad chuckle sounded from her then, followed by a shake of her head. "It's sad how ironic our lives turned out to be."

A sigh followed as she pushed the sad thoughts from her mind. "I'm quite sure this change flipped your hourglass, mi cara," she commented on his choice of words. "Granted, the people and events are rather boring compared to before, but drama seems to follow us no matter where we go on the planet." She shrugged her shoulders, looking up at her brother as he walked by her side. "It would be foolish of us to expect anything otherwise this time around."

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by ✓ Ophelia Dreyvalian ~Admin~.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service