Began with an angel hunting in the wrong place, and A Therian with good timing.

Name: Siobhan

Species:  Pure Nephilim

Short Bio: Learning how to function in a world she had never known with the help of Isaac who is the man who saved her life when she had nowhere else to go. She works for him as his assistant.  Which leads her many places around the town for him. Some times she returns to the woods when she is feeling overwhelmed it is her safe place.

Name: Dominic 

Species: Therian

Short Bio: A woodsman in every sense, but an Ailward Guard first. The big guy you hope is on your side when shit goes down ;)

Views: 2495

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

After a few minutes of staring out at the calm river, he glanced over his shoulder towards the cabin and decided it had been enough time to perhaps have made that fake phone call he'd mentioned. It was strange to think of the three occupants inside who he would've never seen coming a couple of years ago. What a whirlwind it had been since finding the injured angel in the woods, hunting a dark magic that she and her family couldn't shake. The path that led them to the here and now was something that he still couldn't believe himself at times.

Dominic walked back through the front door and knew the two had been in a tense conversation. Despite the ability to hear them more easily than most because of his supernatural abilities, it was clearly written all over the women's faces. Sure, he was used to the whole parents not really being thrilled that their daughters had chosen him, but that was many years ago when he was a young man getting into trouble. Funny how that can come about again when you get into a more serious relationship so many years later. Any other time he wouldn't care what Sophia thought of him. She had made it clear about her feelings towards him weeks ago, but this time Dominic was annoyed that she had a point when it came to the immortality issue. It was something he thought of from time to time, but that was also long term. They needed to sort out the present before they could ever get to a future.

He glanced back over to Siobhan who seemed to have a knack with taking care of Adam as if she'd taken care of babies in her spare time. He wondered where she'd learned it all from. When her eyes moved up and towards him and her mother with a command to eat, he looked sideways to Sophia before walking passed the table and pouring himself another cup of coffee. Sighing, he watched the dark liquid fill the mug and reminded himself that he knew the day would come when the cabin would become quieter again. One more awkward breakfast to get through.

An hour later and Dominic was standing in his workshop, glancing at the tarp. He lifted the plastic and saw the crib Siobhan had been working on underneath. The girl had some skill, there was no doubt. She seemed to always surprise him with her talents. He picked up the woodwork and headed back outside toward the truck. The disheveled blankets and pillows they'd slept on the night before were still in the bed which he gathered together and lay on the grass to replace with Adam's new crib, making sure to secure it properly down with rope. Afterwards he headed back into the shed to grab the car seat he'd brought back from his work that had been left in an abandoned vehicle they repossessed a few years ago. Never in his life had he thought he'd actually need one, but there was a reason they kept all the stuff they reclaimed at the junkyard if it didn't sell; eventually someone would come looking for it.

It was a battle putting the car seat in and at one point he considered breaking it into a thousand pieces for how overly complicated it was to install, but after many curse words and growls, it was in. The women's voices drifted over to him on the wind as he lifted his head and saw them heading towards the truck. Sophia didn't have much in terms of possessions since being at the cabin as she carried Adam and her daughter a small bag with her belongings. He took the bag from Siobhan and placed it in the back, pointing to the car seat. "I think I did it right, but no promises," he joked quietly to the angel which Sophia apparently didn't find funny as Dominic dropped his smirk and climbed into the front seat.

The drive through the territory and into the city was fairly quick as he followed the directions to the apartment. It was still strange to him that Siobhan had been living here at one point when things were at complete odds with them. His memory still had no recollection of the place, but of course that was expected when they hadn't been seeing each other during that dark period. He'd only been there once before after the entire ordeal and even then it was not at a high point of their relationship. Parking, Dominic unhooked the crib and began the awkward lifting and moving of the furniture through the front door and into the apartment. It still looked the same as it did the last time he'd been there as he squeezed it through one of the bedrooms to set down, hearing Siobhan behind him. "I think Hannah would be more than grateful for you and your mom."

Breakfast went quietly as Siobhan had become quiet not bothering to keep up friendly conversation. Focusing on the Adam who seemed happy as a clam to be sleeping and eating. What a simple life he had at that moment. She wondered what his future held, if he was going to be magical or human. She hoped for him to be human like his mother. She hoped he would have a happy normal life and never have to be part of the world his father was from. As breakfast past she watched Dom make his escape outside, she didn’t stop him allowing him the little peace before taking her mother and Adam into town to the place the Bradfords gifted her.

Hours later she had helped her mother pack things up giving her the cold shoulder every time she tried to talk to her about her relationship. While she loved her mother dearly. This was a subject she was to never have a say in. She wanted to live her life for herself. She had spent so much time seeking approval from others. Yet Dom was the one person she saw in her future. Handing her mother Adam she helped pick up the few bags of things that she had and moved out of the cabin, moving closer to him and smiled towards him at his joke, with a soft chuckle before rolling her eyes at her mother's reaction. “I am sure you mastered the carseat beast.” she bumped him with her hip as she moved placing the bags in the back and moved to sit beside Dom, crawling halfway in the back to help her mother with the car seat before sitting in to buckle her own seat belt.

As they pulled up to the little place she had lived in for a short time she reached in the pocket and handed the key over to her mother as she moved inside first and Siobhan got the bags and soon. She moved to packing up the few things she cared to keep from the closet and moved them to rest on the kitchen counter. She looked around the place that never really felt like home to her but had put a roof over her head for a short time. After some time assuring her mother that nothing ever happened in her bed she joined dom in the room that was to become Adams. Looking over the crib for a long moment before focusing her blue gaze on Dom. “She was grateful for us all in the end. She felt safe and loved, something she  hadn’t felt all her life.” She said as she moved closer and touched the edge of the crib.

She got to work putting some touches around the room to make it more a babies room before looking to him for a moment. There was so much they need to talk about, some much she didn’t want to talk about yet she couldn’t bring herself to ask questions about the future at least not until it was just them again. She looked back to the bed for a moment and the words left her mouth before she could ever stop them. “Have you ever thought about having children?” She wanted to eat the words the moment they left her mouth. She turned to face him to tell him not to answer when Sophia entered the room and the quiet settled in.

“You manage to master your father's work.” Sophia said as she moved closer looking over the crib rocking Adam in her arms. 

“Stephan was better.” she said softly as she looked over the crib and smiled. “But I think dad would have been proud.” Siobhan looked to the infant and kissed the top of his head softly. “I will come visit often, and if you ever need a babysitter just call me.” she said to her mother. “If anything weird happens call Billie, she will get me here quickly.” she said and then took a step away. “I’m gonna go load up some of my stuff.” she shot a look to her mother and moved out of the room.

The moment the front door closed Sophia sat the sleeping child in the crib and then looked to Dominic with serious eyes. “Keep her safe, and if you don’t think you can. Send her to someone who can. I have lost everything, she and now adam are all I have.” She looked to the baby. “She thinks I don’t want her to be happy. That is all I have ever wanted but I knew for a long time she attracted things. I have just always wanted her safe.” She stepped back. “And you both clearly need to have a serious talk if things are going to keep getting serious.” She stopped talking when the door opened again.

Siobhan poked her head in and whispered “ready to go wherever you are.” she pushed the door open and moved over giving her mother a half hug. “See you soon.” she pulled back to move back out the door and leave. She walked to the truck with a box that she placed in the back seat and then slide back into her own spot and raised her foot up to bring her knee up. Resting her elbow on her knee as she waited for him to climb into the cab of the truck.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by ✓ Ophelia Dreyvalian ~Admin~.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service