She was moping. She knew she was moping and yet she couldn’t stop herself from doing so. The wayfinder had stayed curled up in a ball by the window for most of the day, only leaving when she needed food and then returning to the same spot. It seemed ironic that the weather was raining, the drops decorating the window just adding to the depressive mood she found herself stuck in. She kept telling herself this was for the best but her heart was angry with her right now and it was making sure she felt every single bit of the pain.

The worst part was that she couldn’t even confide in anyone around and so she even though she lived in a castle full of people, she felt more alone than she could put into words. Ophelia sighed softly as she pressed her hand against the glass pain, her breath fogging up the pane as it was still cold outside. At this point in time, she actually didn’t know how to make the world spin again, she had brought this on herself, she knew exactly how it was going to end and yet she had thrown herself into it anyway. Reckless. She was reckless as hell.

And then there was the politics going on in Evermore to worry about, with the newfound alliance renewal with the valkyr and celestials starting to come under attack in Evermore, she was under more and more pressure politically. Heavy is head that wears the crown she supposed. Phe had been doing her best to shield her people from the dangers out there but there was only so long she could do that before it caught up to them all. Something was very wrong and her people would be the first ones to suffer the consequences if she didn’t figure it out soon enough.

Her depressive thought train was interrupted when she heard a light tap at the door and then it pushed open. Ophelia reached up quickly to dab at her eyes as if that could hide the tears she had been shedding before she turned to face the person who entered. She had a look of relief on her face as she recognized the other dark-haired celestial though, one of the only who had lived more years on earth than she had “Hey” she spoke softly doing her best not to show the weakness in her voice, that was the thing about Phe, she always put others before herself and if that meant pretending she was okay when she wouldn’t then that is what she would do.

Views: 802

Replies to This Discussion

Watching the way Ophelia began to arrange the nail-varnishes in front of them. Artemis shook her head with a small laugh. “You really have a bad case of OCD.” she teased. But there was a method to that madness; the colours seemed to go from lightest to the darkest shades. Creating almost a rainbow effect. Even if Artemitra herself liked being organised; she wasn’t near as obsessive over things being like this; that was Ophelia’s trait.

The Celestial wasn’t a hateful person; the thought of hate and resentment was against her. She hated the very thought of it. But yet, she found herself feeling those things towards people she once thought of as ‘friends.’ Even though, she hated what the Ailwards put her and her kind through, she didn’t outwardly try and voice that they all should be dead; like some of the others said more than once. Her own thoughts, seemed to be a battle between good and wrong. And she honestly, hated having bad thoughts, any time one creeped into her head. Making her feel more conflicted.

Artemis topped up their tumblers with more wine; any time they became empty. The red going quite well with the chosen snacks. Her eyes slightly widening; when she told her that Ophelia had agreed to help Aureus. Not only, was she getting herself into a dangerous situation-but she was also working with Aureus. Artemitra wasn’t sure what to be more worried about. But then again, Artemis herself wasn’t any better when it came to getting herself into a pickle in dangerous situations. “I hope, he’ll at least try and keep you safe...he at least owes you that much...if you agreed to work with him.” Artemis didn’t sound too happy...mainly just concerned for Ophelia’s safety. Not wanting to see the Wayfinder hurt. But knowing full well, that Ophelia’s intentions were good, by wanting to help others. “But...just be careful Phe...I don’t want you to go missing and get hurt again.” She spoke, expressing her concern for the raven head in front of her.

The Brunette sighed slightly, listening to Ophelia explain a bit more about the political side of things. It sounded more complicated. She had a good point about the Valkyr….their energy could cause harm to anyone, if used. But with Valkyr’s it could go either way, if bonded with one. Artemis nodded her head. “I think the Dinivers might be a good choice….” they had been willing to help Ophelia before. Hopefully, things wouldn’t be repeated. “No, as long as they don’t expect use of our Celestial Energy...we should hopefully be alright.”

Taking a few sips from her wine again. Artemitra was slightly surprised, that they regretted their actions; but wondered if they felt it because they realised how wrong they treated them...or as Ophelia stated, the damage it caused in the end. “Mhh, I guess that’s something, if they feel guilty.” She muttered, more deep in thought than out loud. If anyone, could get Ven to see differently, Artemis was sure; that Ophelia would eventually Her brows slightly furrowed in confusion, as Ophelia mentioned that what was going on now, and what happened with the fall of Skye, being connected. “You think...that it’s all connected?” Artemis wasn’t sure, if that particular thought had crossed her mind before; but maybe Ophelia and the Ailwards were onto something, with that thought.

It sounded like a tough job, being an Ambassador. The constant meetings, having to think about what was best for their faction-but also working with the others. Artemis nodded silently in thought as they spoke about the treaty. Her hand reached out, touching Ophelia’s, giving it a gentle squeeze. “I know, you’ll the right thing Phe. But...if you ever need my help...I am always here. I mean...I might not know a lot about politics, but I want the best for us...as much as you do.” Artemis didn’t want to see their people suffering again. It hurt her, like it did the rest of them. “And if signing, this peace treaty...will help provide some sort of protection from all sides...then I say go for it. But I want you to be sure, that they won’t turn against us...if we do sign it.” And by they, she meant the Ailwards. They had done it once, what was stopping them from doing it again?

When Artemis commented on her ordering tendencies “One of the side effects of having zero control over your life or fate” she explained as she finished their placement and nodded, happy with the way they looked, that was why her room was so immaculate, everything had its place and was in its place “You control everything you can around you” she laughed it off though, you had to laugh at these things to stop them from truly affecting you.

Ophelia had a lot of mixed thoughts when it came to the topic of the Ailwards, as a leader, perhaps she was more willing to let them speak their piece because she recognized that a war with them would be far more detrimental to her people than theirs, or maybe it was because she had known them personally or perhaps even because she hadn’t been one of the people who were locked away. Either way, she felt hesitant whenever she talked about them because she knew how deep the hatred for them ran with some of her people.

Ophelia nodded a thanks each time that Artemis topped up their cups, the drink was going down pretty fast because of the current conversation and she found herself taking mouthfuls of the bitter tasting liquid more and more often “It’s just information sharing, anything that prevents more suspicious happenings in the city is better for all of us right” she clenched her jaw a little, she hated the fact that it had to be the Ailward that could solve this issue, though she had to keep Aureus sweet if she had any hopes of getting her amulet back from him. “I appreciate the concern” she admitted as she smiled softly “But I can’t sit and do nothing while the city gets torn apart and we’re all in danger every day” she nodded softly, doing nothing was just as dangerous, maybe even more so.

Politics was all that Ophelia got to think about nowadays, she wasn’t born to be a politician but circumstance had made her into a decent one, she spoke on behalf of her people and tried her best to make good decisions in their name, though she didn’t always get it right. “What do we have to offer them other than that though” Ophelia pondered as she rested her hand against her cheek, her people couldn’t offer protection because they could barely protect themselves. “That’s the dead end I always come to” she added with a slight shrug of her shoulders.

Ophelia was watching Artemis’ reactions as she told her about the information she had managed to gather on the Ailwards “I’m not sure it’s enough though” she responded more honestly than she might have if she hadn’t already had a few drinks in her system. It definitely wasn’t a good place to be, having to be the peacemaker between the people she wanted to protect and those who had locked them up for years. When A asked if she thought things were connected she nodded “I got a...particularly nasty vision that connected the two when I touched Malva” she pursed her lips “The words ‘the darker of two’ haven’t left my mind since so it seems like there’s no doubt it’s connected to the Ailwards considering who triggered the vision” Ophelia furrowed her brow a little with concern.

Phe never really signed up for the role she played but she did try to give her everything to it, since she fell her people had been her responsibility and she cared for them as though they were her family, even those who kept a distance from her. Feeling the hand against hers the Wayfinder smiled, sometimes it was nice to be reminded you weren’t all alone though because Phe struggled with the idea of that often “I want to be sure too, that’s why I haven’t signed it yet, I have to get into every single detail” she pressed her hand against her temple “The only saving grace here is that the other factions are involved and they help to keep everything in check” plus she did believe to an extent that the Ailward faction had grown, whether it was for the right reason or not.

Of all the Celestial’s, Ophelia’s room was perhaps the most organised. Even though Artemitra liked her room being clean; she wasn’t as of a neat-freak like Phe. Her room at times at a little messy...or organised chaos as she liked to call it. Especially, if she was working on a project in her room. Then Photos, Plans, Notepads were all over the place. “You always, used that as an excuse.” she teased her, with a playful expression across her face. But, she could see some truth to it.

The more the two females drunk the wine; the sooner it was gone. Artemis didn’t even seem to take notice, how quickly the bottle of wine run out. Especially with the conversation at hand; and with them snacking on the food. It seemed like it was a good drink to have at hand for occasions like this.

Despite her feelings towards the Ailwards, Artemis perhaps seemed more willing to listen and hear what Ophelia had to say about the matter. Maybe, it was just how close the two females were, that helped. Or maybe, a few other personal things that Artemitra had been dealing with; especially of trying to let certain things go, and move on from that helped aid in her listening ear. Even if the subject was not her favorite one. The Female before her, brought up a good point. Maybe working together, would help them solve the mysteries going around in Evermore. “Mhh, I hate to say it...but you’re right. Maybe...working with them, is the only way to put an end to all of this.” Artemis knew, if Ophelia wanted to keep their kind safe-and get somewhere. It’d require co-operation and sharing thoughts/ideas with the Ailwards. “I just hope, you know what you got yourself into...with this...search.”

As Artemis grabbed another small snack to munch on. She was struggling to think of what they could offer the Diviners, in exchange for an alliance. One of her friends Ridley, was a diviner. Maybe Artemitra should speak to her; more brains than one might be come up with something. “I am not sure, Phe. I mean….there’s got to be some common ground we can find between us. Maybe they might accept the alliance, without us having to offer them Celestial energy.” she said, trying to sound hopeful. “Who’s their Ambassador again?” Artemis asked softly. Not sure, how much Ophelia knew the Diviners Ambassador...but maybe, she would be willing to hear Ophelia out, nonetheless.  “I can speak to a friend of mine...Ridley. She’s a Light Diviner...she’s a photographer like me. Maybe she might be able to help...think of ideas.” Artemis suggested. She wasn’t sure, if Ophelia would be game for that. But, it didn’t hurt to ask, right? Artemitra trusted Ridley. The two girls, often giving each other advice and support, when needed. The bond between the pair, was growing. “I don’t know, how much of help it’ll be. But maybe 3 heads are better than 2...certainly better than just 1, in trying to figure it out.”

Finishing her last tumbler of wine. Artemis glanced towards the empty wine bottle. “I think, this need something stronger.” With the conversation getting more deeper and heavy. Wine, didn’t seem to do it anymore for her. “Did you want to try a little bit of rum with coke?” The brunette asked her with a soft smile.

Hearing Ophelia confess to her, about a vision regarding Malva. The Celestial stopped in her tracks. “Darker of two?” Artemis looked puzzled. “I wonder, what that means.” That was one riddle, she didn’t particularly would like to find, more about. “Do any of the Ailwards know, you had this vision?” One way or another, everything seemed to go back towards the Ailwards. After all, they were powerful beings that were responsible for the safety, of the world. But, did they know about what Ophelia had seen? It was clear, they all needed answers. To try and piece all of this together. Nothing, was as simple anymore. The situation seemed more complicated, than she first assumed.

Giving her long term, closest friend a smile. She admired Ophelia, for having such a big burden to bare on her shoulders; but she was doing a grand job; for the sake of their people. Artemis nodded in understanding. She could understand why Ophelia held out on signing the contract. If there were any loopholes; they needed to know-before agreeing to sign it. “Yeah, I suppose...having the other factions around; is a bit helpful.” Having everyone help keep the peace, certainly was something. They just needed to find a way to work together; with the others. And not be seen as strangers or ‘enemies’ in some of their eyes. But how to approach them, that was the issue. Hopefully, once the treaty would be signed...things might look up for them; from certain angles.

Ophelia shrugged a little, maybe it was an excuse but it wasn’t like she had a lot of time to worry over it or get it seen to, if she was honest, besides someone had to be the neat freak in this castle or the place would have been a bomb site within the first week “Maybe it’s an excuse or maybe I just got tired of cleaning up everyone else’s mess” she laughed, what a life they lead but at least things seemed to feel like they were getting better, when it came to their place in the city and the everyday life that they got to lead.

It didn’t take long for them to plow all the way through the first bottle of wine and the food, this wasn’t the sort of stuff Ophelia could openly talk about sober without getting royally pissed off at the world. She was still annoyed about it all, the last thing she wanted to have to do was force her people to work with and alongside the Ailward faction and yet she found no other choice in the matter.

At some point one of their factions had to put their pride aside and decide what was best for their people though, she didn’t think many of the celestials would choose their pursuit of vengeance over the chance to finally have a home and a life where they got to make their own decisions, in fact she was banking on that because that was the direction she had decided to take in politics, looking for some kind of peace contract to ensure her people’s safety in this city and help to bolster their chance at alliances. “I really hope it’s the end of it, because playing the middle ground between everyone is tiring me out” she admitted a little more honestly that she probably normally would thanks to all the wine in her system “We were gonna be dragged into this at one point or another, I’d rather be a willing participant than a pawn” she admitted with a shrug, they were there on Skye that night and that meant they were the only ones who knew the true deal they were up against.

When Artemis asked who the ambassador was, Ophelia glanced over to her and then shrugged slightly “Aaliyah recently stepped back and a girl named Kaelyn took over, I haven’t had the chance to meet her yet so I have no idea of any of her views” she probably would at the next ambassador meeting, even though she technically wasn’t one she was regularly invited to them with the presumption at some point that she would be. Ophelia had read through the peace contract more times than she could even count and she still wasn’t ready to put their names on it, she’d been trying to talk to each of the stars individually and understand where they stood first. Artemis’ suggestion of talking to her friend was admirable but it became evident neither of them had the answer to this particular problem “Not so easy being a politician hey” she grumbled with a shake of her head, she never asked to be one.

Ophelia had already finished the last of what was in her tumbler by the time Artemis offered her another drink and she agreed with the idea of something stronger “Make it a double” she stated with a scrunch of her nose, Phe actually had a pretty high tolerance nowadays because she drank often, though less so for social or fun reasons lately. She knew she should probably cut down but it was yet to happen.

Every time she told someone about that vision they never had any clue what it could mean, which put them all in the same boat as her, she’d had the vision countless times in her dreams since then and she was no nearer to understanding what it could mean. “The only thing they’ve suggested is that it could mean dark diviners, the darker of two so to speak, but that doesn’t really narrow much down” she shook her head a little, it was linked to the Ailwards for sure, that much was evident by Malva being the one to trigger it, but none of them seemed to have any clue what it meant. “I told a few of them about it, but none of them are any the wiser than we are” which scared her to be honest.

It was a tough job, but someone had to shoulder that weight if the others wanted to live their lives and she was really glad to hear that they were, all she could ever really ask for is that she didn’t know what her exact purpose in this world was but she was pretty sure leading her people to happiness was a good start. She always had these feelings in her chest that told her what she needed to do and it had always told her to put her people’s welfare and happiness first. It was why she had made such a bold move bringing them here to Evermore. Taking the drink Artemis had mixed for her she downed some and then gave a half smile “those other factions are the only thing preventing the Ailward from hunting us down again” she admitted with a grimace, Evermore was special that way. “I think we can get to the point where we can agree to disagree at least, that would be enough for me” she nodded as she picked up a red shade of nail varnish and offered it out to Artemis “This one would suit you” she complimented with a soft smile, though trying to paint nails while slightly inebriated was going to be funny.

Artemis tried not to giggle; but Phe was probably right. There were some...slightly messy people around the castle. Artemitra had always done her best to tidy up after herself. The rest of the mess;she left it up to whomever had caused it. As everyone needed to learn to clean up after themselves. But if a major clean through of the castle was taking place; everyone seemed to pitch in. Whether they were willing, or one of the other Celestial’s had to drag them to work. “Well...okay...maybe you have a point there. Some of us, can get quiet messy.”

It might have not been, the best of subjects. But in a way, Artemis was somewhat relieved that she approached Ophelia about it-on her own. Whether it was her own curiosity, or need to know where they all stood. It was giving her bit more of a clearer picture. One day, they would have to put aside their differences, to coexist within the same city as the Ailwards. Was it going to be easy? Of course not.

“I don’t blame you, for feeling that way.” Artemitra breathed out. Even though Ophelia had everyone’s best interest at heart-and wanted them safe. She was also, trying to somehow keep the peace. How many of them, would put aside their personal feelings, bitterness, anger and stubbornness? That was hard to tell. It might take some time. But it might take some time, to sway the others towards the same opinion. At least, Artemis was willing to listen-and understood where the Wayfinder was coming from. The two, often agreeing on things-even if sometimes they didn’t have the same views about it at first.”I don’t think, anyone wants to be a pawn really. We’ve had far too much of that in the past.”

Hearing that Aaliyah had stepped down; left the Celestial a little surprised. She must have forgotten that a new Ambassador for the Diviners was taking over. If Ophelia ever mentioned it to her. The Alcohol clouding her memory for a bit. “Mhh, that makes it a bit tricky.” Since Ophelia, didn’t know this Kaelyn. It’d make the matter a bit more complicated, in trying to talk out an alliance between their factions. Artemis couldn’t help but laugh slightly. “No, being a politician is difficult...I think, you might need a change in career...before it gives you wrinkles from stress.” she teased, lightly. At that point, Artemis had no idea how Ophelia was even doing it. Both having the courage, and guts to be involved in politics; without it making her loopy. It was more difficult, than some people made it look and sound.

As she requested a double, Artemis laughed. “Wow...extra strong it is.” Getting up from the ground. Artemis was slightly tangled up with her own legs; mainly for sitting crossed legged on the ground. “I’ll be back….in a jiff.” The Brunette made her way to the kitchen...forcing her legs to work properly. Once in the kitchen; she grabbed one of the bottles of cold Coke, from the Fridge. Also finding a small shot glass, in the cupboard. Taking those two items back to Ophelia’s room. Where she began to make the pair a new drink.

Using the small shot glass; Artemis measured out the rum. Two shots for each tumbler. Before, she filled up the rest with Cold Coke...the two drinks mixing together. As Artemis joined her back on the ground...she handed Phe’s tumbler back to her. Before taking a sip of her own. The Rum tasted quite good,mixed with the sweeter drink. Feeling a rush of warmth through her, at the combination. After all Captain Morgan, was one of the better brands of the Alcoholic Drink.

‘Darker of Two.’ The words kept replaying over and over in Artemis’ mind also. No wonder, the phrase haunted Ophelia. The mystery to it. As the subject of Diviners came up. She nodded. “That could be our first hint. I mean...there’s light...and there’s dark Diviners...so it makes sense. But unless we can narrow it down to a person….or people, we’re still stuck.” Artemis’s own mind seemed to be ticking. Taking sips of her drink between. Knowing, that Malva was the Aspect of Magic. It could be the reason, why Ophelia had that vision from touching her. But to hear, that none of the Aspects. The eldest of the beings around, didn’t know much about it-was quite shocking. Especially with their vast knowledge and abilities.

No matter what would happen, Artemitra was sure that Ophelia would make the right choice. Even if it would be a hard one. But it would be a progress; even if they would agree to disagree. At least something. The Brunette woman gave her a warm smile, nodding. “Yeah, well I suppose...one step at a time,towards progress is something.” Ophelia had her support; whether she fully realised it or not. Artemis would be willing to put aside her own feelings, and resentment. She had to at some point anyways. Even if it might not be so easily done...like it was said.

Seeing Ophelia pick out the red, she smiled. “That’s not a bad colour actually.” she liked the shade. Artemis took the small bottle, from Ophelia. Looking at the colour more closely. Before something caught her eye for Ophelia. “What do you think of this?” Artemis had picked out a nice teal coloured shade for Ophelia. In Artemis’ view...it seemed to go well with Ophelia’s complexion. “This is going to be interesting.” The Celestial acknowledged, wondering how neat they could make their nails look...with the alcohol rushing through their system.

Setting her drink aside for a few moments. Artemis lightly shook the small object in hand; for the colour to mix as it was brand new. Before shakily trying to open it. The Stronger drink making her bit unsteady.

Ophelia gave a slight shake of her head, she understood a lot of the celestials hadn't lived in a home before and had spent the last century locked up and therefore not needing to clean up after themselves but the state of some of their rooms was shocking. Ophelia avoided going into them at all costs because it hurt her brain just thinking about it. “I keep quiet about my hate for mess mostly but I'd definitely make a good professional organizer” she laughed, she had a lot of clothes but they were all arranged so well that others with far less looked like they had more.

Ophelia wasn't one to want to hide things from any of them and if asked directly she would never be the one to keep them from the truth but sometimes she wasn't sure all of them wanted the truth. She couldn't judge them for that, it was natural to feel blinded by their anger and distaste for what happened to them. Holding on to anger was only going to get them war though and Phe knew who would win the war if that happened.

“I tell myself that you all wouldn't haven't have come to Evermore with me if you weren't looking for some kind of peaceful life” she suggested thoughtfully, if people didn't agree with her leadership and the things she was seeking out for them she imagined they would have taken the chance to up and run already. She wouldn't stop them if they wanted to go though but she would stop anyone from ruining the chances they had at peace in Evermore, Ophelia had to think about her people as a whole and their wellbeing before every individual or even herself. Most of the time she came last to the faction, she was just that kind of person, always had been “We've spent too much of our lives being slaves to fate, it's time we reach out and grab our own futures” which was why she was so heavy on getting people to train and to brave leaving the castle.

“It makes it a lot tricky, we have no idea what Kaelyn stands for or the kind of person she is yet” though Ophelia was confident that she wouldn’t be in a position of power like that if the other ambassadors had any issues with her but Phe couldn’t put all her trust in their opinions, putting her faith in the leadership of others was what got her people locked up in the first place after all and while she did trust Gideon and his position in the city, the others were still unknown variables to her. When Artemis talked about needing a change of career the wayfinder grunted a little “What I wouldn’t give for a mundane job” she complained and even pouted a little, probably thanks to the alcohol in her system “But someone has to be the voice” she nodded, she could handle it, she thought she was handling it pretty well “Please no wrinkles” she pleased as she rubbed her temples a little.

Ophelia laughed and rolled her shoulders back as she waited for Artemis to come back with the drinks, when she offered it out to her she took it and then lifted it to her lips going easier on the amount she took at once this time because she knew how quickly rum could go to your head and while she wanted to have a good evening she didn’t want to take it too far and end up with her head over the toilet. “Extra strong is the only thing that really works nowadays” she commented in note to her own tolerance, it was very high for a girl of her stature but looks could be deceiving “Thanks, I’ll make the next round” she stated and then winked as she shifted her position to sit more comfortably on the floor.

Ophelia nodded as A pretty much described the conflict she had in her own mind, along with in many conversations with many different people who seemed to know nothing at all about what was happening to their city “If only it led anywhere but bad dreams” Phe grumbled with a shake of her head, there were zero clues other than that and the one she had she had no idea how to follow, she’d already chased every lead she’d used to get the barrier broken and it had led her to a lot of people on the run or abandoned buildings. Everyone was scared and she felt like they had reason to be, something felt very wrong, not just with this city but in general and that had the wayfinder constantly on edge.

“One step at a time indeed, I think we can get there one day, it just takes time, which thankfully we have plenty of” one of the biggest strengths they had was their immortality though it could also be seen as somewhat of a curse depending on who you talked to about. Ophelia preferred to see it as an opportunity, a chance to life her life and for the others it probably offered freedom, especially if she could buy them some sort of peace “You can ask me about these things whenever you want to by the way” she admitted with a half nod of her head “You have as much right to know as I do.

The wayfinder quirked her brow at the Artemis’ comments and she laughed “Are you implying that you expected me to pick a bad color, is my taste really that bad?” she laughed as she studied the color the other celestial selected and she smiled “Like I’m going to be channeling my inner mermaid today” she ran her fingers through her hair as though she was brushing it with a fork like she’d seen in the little mermaid. Ophelia decided to go first, she actually had a pretty steady hand when painting normally, though she hadn’t painted her nails in a while. She grabbed a hold of the red paint and then Artemitra’s hand and started to paint in each nail, she did miss a couple of times but she just smiled apologetically and wiped it away. Getting the other woman to put her hand under the lamp she turned it on the way she had figured out how to do earlier and then offered her own hand out.

“Now you’ve managed to get it open, do your worst!” Phe laughed before taking another mouthful of her drink and swallowing it down, even if they turned out horrible they could just take it off tomorrow, it was spending time together that really mattered.

“You’re right Phe, I think most of us...want peace and normality. I know, I do.” Artemis said honestly. It wasn’t just, because she believed in Ophelia as their leader, and saviour of their people. But because, she also wanted to feel some sort of security, safety, familial bond-and that was here. With the rest of their kind. As a group, they were stronger/safer than alone. But she couldn’t speak for everyone. If someone had other intentions for moving to Evermore-it might have been in regards to revenge on the Ailwards. But that, would certainly knock everyone back, from having the peaceful life they all wanted. The Wayfinder always had a way with words; it was something that Artemis noticed over the years of knowing Phe. She had persuaded so many of them, to follow her, to not be afraid and embrace their true selves before the Isle of Skye and now, she was doing the same again. If anyone, could encourage them again, help train them; it was Phe for sure. 

“Hopefully, you’ll be able to find out more about Kaelyn, as time goes on.” No doubt, the new Diviner Ambassador, would be present at many more meetings. And it’d give Ophelia a chance to see what she was about-hopefully, if things would work out. They’d have more allies on their side. Artemis giggled slightly, seeing the pout across Ophelia’s lips. She wasn’t sure, if it was the alcohol that made her do so, or something else. “No, you’re doing a grand job Phe, I...sometimes...I just don’t know, how you cope with all the pressure of politics and dealing with so many other ambassadors.” Artemitra said honestly. But, Ophelia indeed, was a good voice. Maybe, the best for their people.

As the next set of drinks, were ready for them to enjoy. Artemis couldn’t disagree that something stronger was needed. Maybe, it was the alcohol that was already running through her system, that made her more inclined to agree quicker to that statement. “I’ll hold you to that promise.” Artemis smiled, clinking her tumbler against Ophelia’s in a cheers gesture.

Taking another sip of her drink, Artemis savoured the liquid that was running down her throat. As good as it tasted; it was better to slow down and saviour it. Or the Rum would make her too loopy before the night would be over. “Mhh, guess that’s the perks of being Immortal.” Artemis said with a slight laugh, as Ophelia agreed to the one step/one day at a time comment. Artemis had never been one to complain about Immortality. As she had met some wonderful people over the centuries she had lived. Ophelia being one of them. And she had the chance to explore, see the world before having settled on the Isle of Skye for some time. Life and Immortality was full of opportunities for those whom grabbed it.

Hearing, what Ophelia told her. The Celestial nodded her head in appreciation. “I just...I don’t know. I guess, I wasn’t sure; if I should ask. I mean...part of me didn’t want to pry or anything...but guess my curiosity gets the better of me.” She said honestly. Maybe, another reason why it had taken her so long to ask. Was her own mixed feelings, about certain situations. But at the end of the day, she did have a right to know. They were all in this together.

Artemis feigned a gasp of shock. “I would do no such thing!” She didn’t think, Ophelia’s tasted was bad. “I just, didn’t think red was entirely my colour.” But this red was tasteful. Not too in your face and bright, like some red’s. Opheia’s remark about channeling her inner mermaid, made the other Celestial double over, in fits of giggles. “I knew, I forgot something earlier….shame, I didn’t buy the Mermaid suit.” she joked. But of course, she saw no mermaid suit earlier out in town. Nor, would she make Ophelia wear such an outfit. Not unless her friend would agree to it of course.

As Ophelia went first...she smiled softly. Resting her hand on her knee..to give Ophelia some more steardy ground. It was amusing watching Ophelia attempting to do her nails. Especially with the missed few times. Artemis smiled, looking at her friend. “When’s the last time, we spend time like this?” she asked, curious. It felt like forever, since the pair had some bonding time. When the first hand was done. Artemis set her hand under the nail lamp. Feeling the heat of the lamp tingling against her nails, at first. Before it got less intense.

“I hope, you won’t regret that in the morning.” Artemis laughed softly. Luckily, her most able and balanced hand was free. Setting Ophelia’s hand on her lap. She then began to paint her nails, with the colour she had picked out for the Wayfinder. Artemis was a bit shaky, like Ophelia. A few times missing...or it coming out bit uneven in spots. Wiping off, what she could; to make it look neater if she missed the nails. “Note to self, paint nails before bringing out the rum.” By the time, she had finished with Ophelia’s hand. Trying to make it look somewhat decent...the timer on the lamp was done. Removing her hand...she then let Ophelia do the same...turning on the timer for her friend. The process carried on, until both of their hands were done.

Ophelia nodded softly ”Most is what I have to go on, I can’t make everyone happy” she pursed her lips and she didn’t really want to make everyone happy because she knew that some people felt quite extremely about the Ailward faction but they didn’t realize the catastrophic consequences that could have, she didn’t dare to dwell on what might happen if someone was stupid enough to kill an Ailward Aspect, they didn’t even need a guard to protect themselves in that respect. “But I hope striking some kind of peace will let us move forward” she nodded, she had also been pushing hard to get her people to train and help them to be able to protect themselves and also embrace who they were a little. Most people expected a celestial to be weak and flighty but they didn’t have to be, she wasn’t.

“I think the best way to find it out would be to meet her for myself” Ophelia commented with a shrug, there was nothing like getting your information from the very source after all “I can also try and get Gideon’s take on her” she did actually respect the opinion of the valkyr ambassador very much and she wouldn’t even consider another alliance without finding the standing of their existing one on the subject, they definitely couldn’t afford to lose one for the sake of the chance of getting the other after all. “Well it’s not really like I had a choice in the matter” she answered honestly, she had been the Wayfinder since she fell, the responsibility of her people fell on her shoulders “All the motivation I really need is all of you, I just want the best life for all of us, always have” though a chance to breathe for herself would be really nice, she had to admit.

Ophelia laughed as she touched her drink against Artemis’ in return and then downed some of the liquid, it was very strong, so much so that she felt the burn in the back of her throat as she swallowed it down. Well, this was definitely the way to go if she wanted to get herself drunk, the celestial had built up quite the tolerance over the years but spirits always seemed to go to her head no matter how much she drank them and rum was especially potent.

“One of the few” Phe commented with a shrug, she had mixed opinions on immortality, it was a blessing in the fact that she had a lot of time ahead of her and in that respect nothing felt rushed or urgent but then also it meant she got to live to see all the horror of the world and there was a lot of it. It was hard not to question the reasons when you were immortal if you lived forever then what was your true purpose, there wasn’t a deadline to achieve something by so were you supposed to just keep pushing to do your best forever, wouldn’t that get exhausting at one point or another? She tried not to think about it too often because it was much like opening a giant can of worms which she could mull over for a very long time.

“Just because it’s a hard topic to talk about doesn’t mean we should entirely avoid it” she responded and rolled her shoulders backwards, if they shied away from every single topic they didn’t like then they would probably never talk at all “Plus this kind of thing could influence the decisions all of you make and I’m not sure whether that’s a good or bad thing” she commented as she met the other woman’s gaze for a moment, she wanted her people to feel like they had the freedom to live the life they wanted without feeling limited. “I think red is a nice color, it’s bold, it says I’m not afraid” the raven-haired female smiled softly “A mermaid suit?” Phe asked with raised brow “Why am I not surprised that’s a real thing” she laughed gently shaking her head in amusement “We should have gotten matching tails” she scrunched up her nose imaging them trying to wiggle around in them.

“Too long” Ophelia commented as she got to work on painting the other woman’s hand, her tongue poking at the inside of her cheek as she focused on trying to keep the coating even and not get it all over Artemis’ clothes “I think sometimes I forget that I’m an actual person with an actual life” she admitted as she glanced up towards the other celestial “and actual friends” she added at the end and nodded, she was guilty of always trying to do things alone and forgetting there were people out there who had her back.

Ophelia laughed when A commented about doing nails before drinking “Hey they will be the most beautiful nails in the world for me, at least for a few hours” Phe laughed gently as she eyed the work she had done, the blue color was really pretty and shimmery and definitely looked liked mermaid scales. She put her hand into the lamp before a question came to the tip of her tongue, she wasn’t sure she was going to ask it until she was already halfway through saying it and she couldn’t take it back “Have you ever been in love?” the Wayfinder asked, though her eyes remained on the lamp as it got to work, avoiding eye contact.

As Ophelia suggested, listening to Gideon’s opinions on the Diviner Ambassador. Maybe the Valkyr leader knew more. It seemed, since the alliance between the Celestial and Valkyr’s had taken place; that Ophelia was close with the other ambassador. No doubt, a good friend to rely on, too. “That might be a good idea, I mean...the more knowledge you have about Kaelyn and advice...it might help.” Maybe even Gideon, might have some tips/ideas on what the Diviners and Celestial’s could exchange for an alliance.The more, input she had. The better. Even if, Ophelia didn’t have a choice in the matter; Artemis knew, just how many looked up to and respected Ophelia. Not just because of her position, but also as a person and a friend. There was no doubt about that.

Taking another sip of her drink. The girls seemed to be enjoying themselves more and more, with each sip taken. In the past, Artemitra wasn’t the one to usually drink a lot, often. But during occasions; such as this one. She would indulge herself. But sometimes, certain situations; called for a drink or two. Especially to calm the nerves. It was the last few years really, that Artemis enjoyed more drinks than she usually did.  Especially, any time she was around the Therian Kane-in his bar with a few friends. That led her to slowly, building up her tolerance. But some drinks went into her head, a bit too quickly. Depending on how strong, they were.

“Mhh, you have a point.” The brunette muttered softly. They couldn’t avoid subjects all together. But then again, Artemitra was known to be quiet stubborn at times; if she wanted to avoid something, or someone-she had done so. Until, she felt ready to approach the certain subject or person in question. But it wasn’t always the case. This time, her curiosity was more stronger than her stubbornness; or whatever it was, that held her back in the first place. “I don’t know, I guess debatable; a 50/50 outcome?” Whatever paths some may take-it may be good, it may be bad. Depending on their intentions. She couldn’t speak on behalf of what everyone would do, or think. Artemis wasn’t a mind-reader. So, she had no idea how this would go. With her sipping at her drink, with bigger sips; than intended at times. She forgot a few times, to savour it...the tumbler getting emptier pretty quick.

Glancing towards her red nails, it smiled softly. “Mhh, I could use some of that.” Maybe, being bold once in a while; was a good thing. And maybe, something she needed to embrace a little bit more. After all; she couldn’t hide within a shell of flighty and cautious all the time. Even if she ventured out of the castle lot more. Artemitra laughed nodding her head. “Oh, you’d be surprised with all the things, mortals have invented...and mermaid suits is one of them.” The thought of them, being dressed up as mermaids; made the Celestial laugh even harder. “Oh gosh, the others would probably think we’ve lost the plot...if they would see us.” Although, the idea of them trying on mermaid suits; was quite tempting. Maybe not as comfortable, since they wouldn’t actually be able to walk. More like either wiggle or hop. “Maybe, we should add it to our bucket list of fun things to do, one day!” The brunette looked serious. Usually, she wouldn’t suggest something as silly...or would she? But the drinks, certainly helped her come to that conclusion. “From Celestial’s to a Mermaids for a day. Imagine, the fuuuuuuuuuun!” The Celestial grinned widely, at the prospect. Maybe the rum was getting to her head a little bit, as she stretched out the word fun, entirely too long. Ending in fits of giggles.

Almost getting tears, of laughter from giggling so hard. It had been a while, since either of them had a good laugh. “Oooh, I wanna be a mermaid and swim in the sea….” the Celestial began to sing, a bad attempt at it too; mainly because of the alcohol. Even though her voice wasn’t bad; it was out of time and tune, to whatever song was still playing on the music player. Doing a slight wiggly dance movement, mimicking a swimming mermaid. “Have fishy-small fishy fish friends. And get tangled up, in the coral reefs….woooo-hooo!” Artemis ended on a very squeaky high pitched note. Not having a care in the world; if the lyrics didn’t make sense. Or just how, bad it may have sounded. The Celestial, was embracing her inner super-star for a few seconds.

It took her a short while, to stop wiggling. In order for Phe to finish the last of her nails. “Of course you are, a person Phe...and us people...people gotta stick together.” Artemis said with a wide smile.

“Mhh, you should have that colour……colour...more often.” Artemis breathed out, taking a sip between mid sentence. It didn’t turn out half as bad; or maybe it looked good to the both of them now. Hopefully, it wouldn’t end up looking too bad in the morning. The moment, the brunette heard the question. Her breath caught in the back of her throat, for a few moments.Glancing towards her almost empty tumbler. ‘Damn, I think I need some more.’ She thought to herself. For a few moments, there was awkward silence. The Brunette pursed her lips, as she thought back to the Aspect of Death, and her time with him on the Isle of Skye; before the capture and heart-ache for a lot of people. “I...maybe...Ery. If that counts...I…” The Celestial swallowed, trying to keep her voice even; as his name caused her voice to crack slightly. “I mean, maybe my affections for him were growing into something bigger, than I expected...but lately...I been second guessing myself on that….friendship, with what happened.” Artemis admitted, her eyes still focused on her tumbler. Downing the rest of it, in one go. Almost to try and erase the bitter after taste of her sad words.

The Capture and fall of The Isle, made her question a lot of things. Especially, where friendships with the Ailwards were concerned. And if certain feelings, were maybe more one-sided, or misjudged back then. But right now, the Celestial wasn’t sure, if she would call it love. Maybe it was once? It would be a lie, to say that Artemitra didn’t care for him. She still did, and always would on some level. But, she was just not in the right frame of mind, to admit it; not with how deep the betrayal run. Especially, after the many broken promises. But, she didn’t want to linger on the past. “But, hey...that’s all in the past. I can’t….keep...wondering about that time of my life.” It hurt to think about it, and for a long time; she thought about it a lot.

But, her life was looking brighter; if she had to admit. As her mind drifted off to a certain Charming Russian Valkyr, by the name of Phoenix. In the short time, she had known him. He knew how to keep her on her toes. He indeed was a challenge. As blunt and as cold, as he seemed to so many people. There was something good there also.

“Although…” Her voice sounded more uplifted again, with a soft smile. “There is….well he’s quiet something to be honest.” At first, she was finding the rights words to phrase it. But before finally telling the Wayfinder, about her saviour of sorts. “There’s Phoenix….he’s a Russian Valkyr...and let’s just say, he takes charming to a whole new level. I didn’t think, Russian’s had such Charisma...but he’s something else. Not to mention, how attractive he is.” Artemis was starting to babble a bit about Phoenix. And it was the first time, she was mentioning him to Ophelia. Mainly, because she hadn’t really figured out the extent of their forming friendship yet. Her feelings, for the Valkyr? Well, Artemitra wasn’t sure, about those yet. At times, he drove her crazy. In a good way yes, sometimes in the annoying ways also. They were still getting to know each other; but she did enjoy his company, more than she had first anticipated, when he came back into her life. “I don’t think, I’ve met anyone like him before really. I mean, he has his blunt moments, but he does challenge me. Maybe, that’s a good thing. Right?” Even the thought of Phoenix, made her heart flutter. “Strangely, as annoying as he can be sometimes...I feel happier around him.”

There was a slight moment of pause, before Artemis asked, feeling curious herself. “H...have you….” Artemis started to ask, trailing off slightly. As she knew of Ophelia’s feelings for Venetus back in the older days. “I mean...after Ven?” The Celestial quickly added. Wondering, if the Wayfinder found someone special again. Artemis always hoped, that Ophelia would find some slither of happiness. She deserved it, just like the rest of them.

Ophelia had to admit of all the discussions she thought she would be having today, a drunken conversation on mermaid suits and the practicality of them was not what she would have added to the list but then once you got a few drinks in you, things stopped making sense pretty fast so it wasn’t all that surprising. “I think WE’D think we lost the plot” Ophelia responded with a laugh letting the very idea of the situation play out in her mind and sending her into fits of giggles over it, thinking about the way she would barely be able to stand and would probably end up flopping on the floor of her room and refusing to move. It actually really surprised Ophelia that in the supernatural world they lived in, mermaids of all things didn’t actually exist, in fact sometimes she told herself that maybe they did and they’d just never seen one before, it wasn’t like they went venturing deep into the sea often so it was possible. “Maybe we should revisit this idea once the rum isn’t an influence” she stated as she pressed her head against a pillow she pulled off the bed.

But then Artemis started singing, in a really loud and drunken voice and Ophelia almost felt like she couldn’t breathe from laughing, she was doubled over and shaking her head from the off-tune song which totally didn’t fit with the music playing from the CD player in the background which somehow made it sound even funnier. “You know I haven’t actually been swimming in so long” she commented with a shake of her head, she had always loved swimming and had made a point to do so a lot when they were on the Isle of Skye but after her people were locked up her only focus had been on saving them and her hobbies had to come second. And in Evermore there wasn’t much opportunity for swimming because it was a land-locked state when Artemis finished her song Ophelia applauded and blew a few kisses “Beautiful, absolutely beautiful, it should make number one” she teased with a gentle laugh.

Ophelia laughed and nodded her head “I’ve never been the biggest fan of green but you’re right, it looks pretty good with the blue” she held her nails up in front of her and stared at them in different lights, moving them around and watching the way the shimmery line moved, okay, maybe she’d had too much to drink because they were seriously captivating to the point she couldn’t stop staring at them. Ophelia lifted her cup to her lips only to realize that she had barely anything left and shrugged as she tipped her head back and downed the last of the liquid in it and swallowed it down and jerked her head to the side a little from the taste of it. Ophelia watched the brunette’s reaction as she asked the question, she wasn’t really sure why she said it but now she had, she was curious about the answer. “I question my feelings for Ven every day” she answered relating to what the other woman said “I thought I knew him well but now it feels like I knew nothing at all” she admitted and bit down on her bottom lip, that was a hard pill to swallow she had to admit “Not sure something so toxic could really ever be love” it had felt like it at the time but now she had time to reflect.

But Artemis was also right in saying there was no point going back there, Ophelia didn’t care for repairing things with Ven and she never would, what he had done was inexcusable and she would never forgive him for it, especially because he showed barely any remorse from the decision and frankly seemed to think it was the best outcome that could have happened. The Wayfinder still felt angry every time she saw him because of how badly he had betrayed her trust and she still felt angry at herself for ever letting him get under her skin in the first place “It’s not like we have any intention of going back there so I don’t know why we keep dwelling over it” she admitted with a shrug, for her it was about the politics though, about getting the Ailward faction to make peace with her own so that they could live alongside one another without trouble.

Phe listened as A talked about a new guy she had met though, her voice sounded an octave higher and honestly the way she was talking about him definitely sounded like she was gushing, not that Ophelia could blame her considering how many drinks she currently had in her system. It made her smile though, hearing her friend talk about someone that seemed to make her happy though Ophelia got the impression things were still new and they were figuring it out “I don’t think I’m the best person to ask for advice on relationships” Ophelia responded with a shake of her head, she’d not had many in her life and all of them had ended pretty awfully, she was naive when it came to love and often she made mistakes and got herself hurt. And sometimes she had no one to blame for that happening but herself, she was a duty over love kind of person and the one time she had allowed those lines to blur she had gotten burned so badly she wasn’t sure she would ever love again. “But if he makes you happy then that sounds like a good place to start” Artemis wasn’t bound by the same duty as she was so she didn’t feel strange encouraging the other woman to reach out for happiness.

When the other woman turned the question around on her she almost choked the air and she pursed her lips for a moment, well she had but talking about that was so much more difficult “There was….someone” she stated with a slight nod of her head “But things didn’t work out” she nodded her head a little, admittedly that was because she had been the one to cut things off “With everything that’s going on in the city right now, anyone I let close to me is in danger and I don’t want to be the reason someone gets hurt” her eyes were glued to the floor, this was the first time she had actually talked about Mikael with anyone, even if she refused to say his name right now “I can’t handle someone getting hurt because of me” she clarified with a half nod of her head, maybe that made her a coward and maybe she would take that title if that meant keeping him safe.

The Celestial let out a playful gasp. “US think that? NEVER!” Artemitra shook her head. “We never loose the plot!” What seemed like a good idea to Artemis right now, would probably be quiet a crazy idea; once she’d be sober and realise the actual logistics of trying to wear a mermaid suit. But, The Celestial was always curious, what it would be like to be one. To feel free, and explore the deepest depths of the oceans; swimming alongside other creatures like Dolphins and other beautiful sea-creatures. Artemis playfully pouted, as Ophelia suggested they revisit the idea, sober. “Aww come on Phe? Aren’t you at least a little bit curious?” Artemitra asked, her eyebrows raised. Her eyes almost popping out. Almost, like she was trying to read Ophelia’s mind. Wondering, what her thoughts were on mermaids in general.

Whilst, Artemis could usually keep quiet well in tune, when singing. Tonight, singing random lyrics to a sing that didn’t even exist, and bit drunk-well it was not working in her favour. Hearing Ophelia teasing her, she gave her a playful smile. “I think, it was perfect! If you can do better, your turn.” Artemis playfully dared her, giggling. The Celestial playfully bowed at the end. It was true though, it had been a long time; since either of them been swimming. “I agree. I miss it.” The Celestial mused. If Artemitra would ever find a good spot to go swimming in Evermore; she’d tell Ophelia. But, public swimming pools just weren’t the same. Too many people, the smell of Chlorine; always tickled her nose in uncomfortable ways. She prefer to swim in natural waters like a Lake or a River, or the Sea itself.

“Hey, this Celestial knows what looks good for mermaids.” Artemis smiled, when Ophelia complimented the colour of her nails. Artemis glanced down towards her own red. “Bright, happy,seems like me.” she was starting to like this shade of red bit more. Whilst, Artemitra was always usually very cheerful; tonight had opened up a few can of worms and emotions; that neither she or the wayfinder spoke about for a long time. Bit of an emotional day you could say. But things needed to be said, to let it all out.

“Do you need another one?” The Brunette asked, seeing Ophelia’s tumbler was just as empty. The Rum and Coke, was also making her slightly peckish. The Celestial crawled over to Ophelia’s bed, pulling down the bowl of Popcorn that was still sitting there. Setting it down, on the ground between them. Before scooping up a handful to nibble on.

The two of them seemed to know, how the other one felt in regards to the two Ailward Aspects. She didn’t blame Ophelia, for feeling the same way; like she had been. Nodding, in understanding.  “I think, we all thought they were all different.” Artemis wondered out loud. But, the betrayal didn’t just run from one person, or the other. Artemis felt betrayed by the entire faction. For, she was one of the Celestials, whom considered them friends/family. But seeing as both, she and Ophelia had feelings for one of their kind-it’s what made the betrayal much worse and painful.

The only reason, why her mind sometimes lingered on the situation and the past; was due to her missing the friendship she once had with the Aspect of Death. Wondering, if she’d ever be able to forgive him. Whilst, she was usually a very forgiving person. This time; she wasn’t sure, if she would have it in her; to trust him again...let alone forgive him for the broken promises, and treating her like the rest of his faction; when she ended up being a prisoner. “I don’t know...I think, for me it’s maybe a matter of missing the good old days and wondering, if I’ll be able to forgive.” She didn’t know, Ophelia’s reasons for dwelling on the past. But those were hers. But, Artemis was planning on moving on, with her life. Just like she was sure, Erythreus, Venetus and the others were moving on also. It just pained her to see, that Ophelia was broken about Ven, for so long. If anything, her closest friend and leader, deserved better treatment than that Ven ever gave her.

Even if Ophelia was burdened by duty. Artemitra hoped, she would find happiness one day. She deserved it also.

“Right now, you’re the one I can ask.” Artemis pointed out, with a soft smile. There wasn’t anyone else in the room, for Artemitra to ask about relationships. She had considered going to Ridley-but knowing, how her last two relationships blew up, it was a bad option. And since Kane, also had…..complicated relationship in the past. Maybe, he wasn’t the best person to ask either. So all in all, Artemis didn’t know, whom to really approach for advice. But, just because Ophelia also had bad experience; it didn’t mean...she’d give bad advice right? Her face had lit up, when she was talking about the Valkyr, that came into her life with a bang almost. “He does. I haven’t felt, like that in a long while.”Maybe it was even different, than the last time. Very different, but in a good way of course. Her cheeks were flaring up, with a slight blush. Not just because of the warmth spreading through her due to the rum.

As Phe, admitted to there being someone else in her life. Artemis looked both curious; but it also clicked. Is that, the reason why she had been so upset earlier today? The more Ophelia spoke about it not working out; she knew that was the reason. “Aww, Phe!” Artemis moved closer, wrapping her arms around her in a hug. Giving her a squeeze. “I know, you always put everyone’s happiness before your own...but you...you also deserve happiness and love!” Artemitra told her dearest friend honesty. She hoped, that one day Ophelia would realise that and not push it away. Whomever, her significant other was; Artemis hoped; he was capable of protecting himself. But, she wasn’t going to pry. Not, if it would make Ophelia more upset, than she had been earlier.

Ophelia found it pretty hilarious how hung up on this whole idea Artemis was and she figured that the other celestial didn’t quite have the tolerance she had, not that she minded, it was really nice to just see someone being completely carefree and enjoying themselves, they needed more of that in this castle. “Of course I’m curious” the Wayfinder responded with a gentle laugh, she had always loved the idea of mermaids because of how much she liked swimming, imagining what it was like to go into the depths of the sea and be around all the marine life, that was almost like a dream come true. But she didn’t think two fallen stars were going to achieve such a thing. The drunk singing made her laugh even more, nobody could carry a tune properly when they’d had a few drinks, it all ended up sounding like a loud chanting which made the Wayfinder laugh so hard she could barely breathe “I can’t sing on a normal day A, let alone with a few drinks in me” still she hummed a half effort at a tune she’d heard about jellyfish because it suddenly got stuck in her head “You see what you did” Phe teased and bumped the brunette with her shoulder.

“We should go swimming sometime, I did hear that Evermore has springs up in the mountains somewhere” she really hadn’t had the time to venture up there but it sounded really nice and honestly, she could use some time out of this castle too. “Don’t forget gorgeous” Ophelia prompted with a smile, she imagined if the brunette wore a red dress in that shade she would probably have people’s jaws on the floor. There was something about the color red, it just stood out among other colors, it was a statement, one Artemis could definitely pull off.

“Oh, I got this one” Phe spoke shaking her head a little as she pushed to her feet “What are you feeling this time? Or are you good?” the Wayfinder winked at her because she could tell the elder celestial was already getting pretty tipsy. For herself she grabbed the bottle of rum and tipped about what she’d call a couple of shots into the tumbler, she debated just drinking that straight down but wrinkled her nose as she lifted it up to smell it, maybe that wasn’t a good idea.

Honesty, Phe was glad to hear someone else say that they thought the Ailward Aspects were better, different back then. Because she had gotten into this place where she felt like it was all her fault, she had led her people there and told them it was okay to trust them and her judgment had been so incredibly wrong. She wondered why the stars above didn’t warn her that it was a bad move instead of letting her people get captured like that “Fool me once, shame on you” she nodded, implying she didn’t intend on trusting them fully ever again, that ship had truly sailed and it would take a lot for her to ever trust them again.

Ophelia and Artemis shared a lot of feelings she realized, the both of them had been betrayed by someone they had once thought they loved and now they were picking up the pieces of feelings they once had and where they went now. The difference was that A had spent the best part of 100 years locked away, with no one else but the other celestials around to keep her company, that had to be difficult for her. Ophelia was the lucky one in that sense, she had been one of the only people to avoid being locked up on sky. It had been hell for her too though, she spent every waking moment worrying about them and trying to find ways to save them, which wasn’t a healthy way to live for a century “I may be able to forgive, but I will never be able to forget” she admitted as she ran her tongue over her bottom lip and she didn’t want to, the pain was the only reminder of how terrible of a decision it had been after all.

The raven-haired female shrugged when Artemis pointed out she was one of the only people she could ask for advice, she supposed she was right about that. Still, she wasn’t sure what she could tell her that wouldn’t make her a hypocrite because she never took her own advice, she’d probably tell her to choose happiness over everything even though it was something she’d never been able to do for herself and that felt insincere. If whoever this guy was, made her feel a little better about people and made her want to go out and live her life though, then Ophelia thought that was a good thing. “Then it sounds like you know where you want to be” she commented with a smile, a lot of the time people had already decided how they felt about something before they were ready to admit it out loud and this seemed like one of those cases “and if he hurts you then I’ll kick his ass” she chuckled and downed some of her very strong drink even causing her to recoil a little from the strength of the taste.

Ophelia didn’t really know what she could say on the topic, she didn’t know how you explained to someone that you had found yourself falling for someone on the Ailward guard, someone who she should hate or be against and yet she couldn’t be. She didn’t know how to make people understand and honestly, she didn’t see the point in doing so now. It was over and she had broken his heart into little pieces just when his life was at its worst and she felt terrible for it. She leaned into Artemis’ shoulder and closed her eyes enjoying the warmth of the hug “It’s not about that this time, I was selfish, I gave into what I wanted and it…” she hiccuped a little, the emotion taking her over “even then it didn’t work out” she pushed back the tears though, she couldn’t cry again or she didn’t know if she’d even stop.

“Tell me something good” Ophelia asked as she pulled away, it had been a big roundabout of distraction but now she was back to where she was, sad and she didn’t want to feel that way tonight, she wanted to be happy, she wanted to know she could be happy without him, because that was all she had now.

RSS

© 2024   Created by ✓ Ophelia Dreyvalian ~Admin~.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service