Feeling weak was something that Willow always hated. It felt that lately it was all she was feeling. Like many other celestials she was still haunted by her past. All the lost years. Something that would never go away. It took her a long while after to get better to go about day to day and not be panicked by ordinary things. It didn’t help matters with her brother Elias taking off when she needed him most. Leaving her to find her own way and place in the modern world. Almost starting afresh in a way. Something that many other celestials like herself had to do. Some of them have taken longer than others to adapt. Willow tried to keep up to speed and to date with how things are now. Whether it be with fashion or technology. Any way to fit in so she no longer looked like an outsider looking in. Even finding herself taking a job trying to get some normality in her life thinking it would help her to heal. Deep down she was still broken, haunted by her past. Needing to find some way to push past and let her anger out. Willow always hated feeling weak that she needed someone to look after her whilst she didn’t want it to be like that. Wanting to be able to protect herself to be ready if anyone was to go against her. Sure she was spending hours in the mirror room at the celestial castle that was made and designed to learn to use their celestial energy. Willow was looking for another way wanting to not only just rely on her celestial power to help her. Wanting to protect herself the old fashioned way through hand held combat. Knowing she would be no state of mind at the moment to look for weapons as a form of protection. 

It has always been something she’d never favoured but a skill that she knew but never used. Having her own reasons even if now would be the time she’d be needing it most. For the last few weeks, she has been trying to do her own research. Looking for someone who would be suitable to train her for what she was looking for. Finding out the city was full of different personal trainers but not many for what she was wanting. Figuring it out that it may be best if she looked for a trainer who was of the supernatural kind rather than human. Just in case her celestial energy went out of hand and something was to happen. Willow has always been the more cautious one out of her and Elias, thinking through everything beforehand. With weeks spent looking Willow came across a name that she’d seen and floating about from others of a trainer here in the city who was a valkyr. Thinking that he was her best bet she had for finding someone who filled all the boxes she was looking for.  Today was one of her days off away from the book shop. The day when she gathered the courage to go and seek Eirik Tostain out.

Leaving the comfort of the castle to go to unknown grounds looking for help from the opposite species. Willow took a chance of instead of going to Eirik’s weapons shop and go to the training grounds within the Valkyr comfinds. While looking for the training side rather the weaponry side. Hoping she was right she soon arrived at the Valkyr comfinds. Luckily she didn’t run into any Valkyr’s on the way slipping past people till she found her way to what must be the training room. Choosing the stay at doorway almost having second thoughts thinking maybe she should turn back thinking she wasn’t ready. Or was it all too late?

Views: 307

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Eirik wasn’t aware of much of an easy decision this was for Willow. But he was glad to know that the young Celestial had trust in him, or at least enough to; to say yes to the unbreakable bond. Little did he know that it’d make them grow closer than before. His brow slightly furrowed in concern, as she said she nearly had one, but things happened. “I am sorry to hear that.” he expressed his condolences. Knowing sometimes things didn’t always work out. But whatever she experienced in the past...it led her to here and to know. “You don’t have to worry about me disappearing.” he promised her. For as she had known him; he always stood by his word; when it came to protecting her. If he hadn’t had his memories wiped; bet you anything, he would have been searching for a way to get her out of her cell.

Reaching over, he lightly squeezed her shoulder, in reassurance. Feeling that familiar jolt of electricity run through him. But he didn’t let it phase him. Even if his curiosity carried on growing. “Do you want to do it here? Or go somewhere else more private, to cool off a little bit first?” Rik questioned. Wanting to make sure of her preferences.

“You’re fine.” he lightly chuckled at her worries, about his faction members, reacting to her being in the compound. “But if it’ll make you feel better, you can pick our next location.” Eirik was used to training here at the compound; since most of his students belonged to the faction he was in. With the odd, student from a different faction; he sometimes opted for a different location for training. But most didn’t mind being here. “Where would you propose we train?” Eirik asked, eyebrow raising. Wondering what places she had in mind. Walking over towards the table, he threw a towel over his shoulder and grabbed two bottles of cold water, from a cooling box. Handing one bottle of water to Willow, whilst he popped open the one. Taking a few large gulps. Always needing a bit of a cool down, after training.

The doors burst open, as a younger Valkyr run in; without realising someone was in there. Making Eirik turn around so quickly, swiftly Pulling Willow behind him just in case. “You could at least knock?” he questioned, looking at the young Valkyr, that he suddenly stopped in it’s tracks.

“Sorry I didn’t realise you were...in here...with someone.” The Valkyr blurted out. Looking apologetic. Some young one’s were too excited.

Eirik just shook his head. “Do you need me for something?” he questioned. “If it’s important, come talk to me later...alone.” he advised. Ushering the younger Valkyr, away from the training room. Before glancing at Willow apologetically. “I am sorry about that. Some still need to watch their manners, when walking in to the training room.” It wasn’t the first time someone interrupted him before.

In mere years that have passed since the day when she was saved and freed she’s spent trying to get to how everything that's changed. Missing out on many decades, all were lost. Willow knew she couldn’t do anything to change it, not able to go back and change anything. Being one of the few that had accepted their fate and moved on. Pushing it further to the back of her mind trying not to let it affect her. Whilst deep down she's still not over it, like many. Still suffering from PTSD but choosing to not seek help to keep themselves busy instead. That's what she’d been doing as one of her coping mechmamiss. How she even loves taking on more shifts at the shop, especially when her insomnia was acting up. Not having a good night's sleep in a long time. Finding she used to sleep a lot better knowing someone was near but it changed when Elias chose to move away when she needed him the most. Willow knew that he needed to get away but he didn’t notice or take a moment to think about what it would do to her. She’d been trying to rebuild her life again. One of the names of the people she couldn’t stop thinking about was Eirik. How they left things just about they were starting to become real. Then she had to leave. Choosing to follow her brother who had leads of where they could find their people. It broke her when she left, not wanting to go. To leave Eirik behind but she knew she couldn’t leave her brother. How they were inseparable or how they were back then. Tied together. Following each other around the world. 

As she spoke of things not working out before she couldn’t help to keep her gaze on Eirik. Being the only person who knew she was speaking about him whilst he was still in the dark about it all. “It was a long time ago” She spoke softly, many centuries and decades have past since then but here they were. In the same place, same city together. Almost like fate brings them together again. “I’ve gotten used to people disappearing” it was a hard truth, the more people she gets closer to all leave and vanish. How her closest new friend she made in the city had vanished then almost 2 years after Rashesh, her fellow Celestial friend, left too. Then there was Elias who chose to come and go as he felt. Leaving her alone once again. “I’m okay, don’t worry” Shooting him a reasuring smile trying to sound like her positive self knowing there was nothing she could do about it just have to move forwards. Willow felt a gentle squeeze on her shoulder looking up on Eirik, remembering the familiar touch. Wanting for him to know how she still felt uneasy training here, probably her being too paranoid.  “We could always train at the Celestial Castle, we have some training rooms or on the grounds. It's quieter people like to keep to themselves” Always feeling at home and safe there, plus it was a place full of light. Compared to the dark and gloomy. 

Just as she was going to take a few sips of her water she felt herself being pulled behind Eirik trying to not choke on her water. Taken by surprise. Not able to see it was who came into the room. Being shielded behind his large frame towing her small body. She was able to listen to it, putting the pieces together that it was a random valkyr who walked in before being told off and left. “See thats why I don’t think here is the best place to train” She teased, pointing out what was going to keep on happening. “So when do you think it’s best to do the bond?” Wondering when it would be not knowing whether she was being a bit too pushy how to him it would seem they’ve only met. Then he was agreeing to an unbreakable bond with a stranger for it happening all at once.  

Willow had been the light in his life; the goodness that he had needed for a long time. He was well aware of how close she had been to her brother; so he couldn’t really hold it against her, when she left with Elias. As much as it hurt letting her go, Eirik knew she would be safe with her own people; or thus was his hope. Eirik had eventually forced himself to move on; when he came to the realisation, he might not see her again. Wondering how she was faring, and if she was happy. Eventually...all memories of her suddenly vanished. A huge chunk missing from his life-which he only questioned, since laying eyes on her again. But the red-head beauty was right in front of him right now. The truth was much closer, than he realised. And that’d shake up the Valkyr slightly, to learn what she had endured and went through.

As she spoke, about their past. Eirik could almost feel her pain of losing him, so long ago. “Even if it was a long time, I can see the pain in your eyes.” he said, giving her a sympathetic look. But destiny had a funny way of working, it’s path and bringing people back together. It was a sad reality, that Willow told him about; people disappearing on her. Didn’t exactly sound like something she deserved; but he knew how some people could get. Make all the promises in the world, only to disappear.  “I am still sorry. You don’t deserve to be constantly left alone.” He was rather upfront about his thoughts about it, very upfront. But she was probably used to that, from the past. Eirik didn’t exactly have a filter back then; not that it had changed much.

But it was no rocket science, that she felt uneasy being at the Valkyr compound, for more training. “You sure, the others won’t mind us training there?” he questioned. Not wanting to disturb her people, if they trained at her home. But getting, she’d feel safer there.

Eirik lightly chuckled, as he heard Willow teasing her. “I give...you have a point little star.” he said, smiling down at her. Here it was safe...it just depends on who was around. But he knew some of the younger Valkyrs were still a bit unstable, when it came to bloodlust. That was the one downside. As she asked, when it was best to do the bond. Eirik could tell she was rather eager to do it, as soon as possible. If it was anyone else, they might be a bit weirded out. But he felt this weird connection and need to protect her; so he didn't question it. “Well you seem rather eager about it...so I don’t see why we shouldn’t get it done as soon as possible. I know it might sound weird...I just have this...strong protective urge...when I am around you.’ So honestly, he was happy to do this soon.

Over the centuries and decades since falling to earth she’s travelled to all different places meeting all new and different people. Willow could remember back when she first met Eirik how it was a place she and Elias were only meant to stay at for a couple of months but it was one that led to a year or more. Back then her brother was on his own type of quest. He was egar to meet others of their own kind. Whilst for her she wasn’t that fussed, preferring to live her normal mundane life. One she was so used to. Too it was another way she knew she’d be able to stay around as it was where Eirik was. Back then her brother was too blinded to see how settled and happy she was till he decided for the both of them that it was time to leave whilst for her she didn’t want to. Yet back then her and Elias followed each other wherever. The two siblings were almost joined at the hip ever since Elias had found her a few years after she fell. They were each other's missing link, falling from the same star. Elias knew her better than anyone else but back then he wasn’t able to notice he was ripping her from her a life she was happy in. Choosing to carry on moving place to place. Willow could remember how devastated Eirik was when she told him that she was leaving. Not giving a proper explanation apart from sibling loyalty. Wishing back then they had left for better times. A part of her wished, hoped that he might have followed her but he didn’t. That's what hurt her the most. 

Willow was an open book at times even how much she tried to keep her feelings and emotions hidden. How people knew she was upset even if she tried to cover up. The Celestial tried to push away the part how she knew it would only confuse the situation even more. How Eirik was able to sense she was still hurting but unaware it was to do with him. “It’s only one of the downsides of being immortal” Speaking one of the hard truths of being supernatural, something that she knew he knew too well. How everything had downfalls even if it meant losing people along the way. The celestial have been through and survived worse if only he knew. Truthfully after everything that happened she didn’t like being alone any more. Choosing to stay in a place full of people rather than a big empty house or place by herself. Feeling happier and safer knowing that people were around even if she didn’t need them. It was more for the reassurance of it all. That's one of the reasons why she chose not to follow her brother this time. Tired of running knowing that what led to their capturing and locking up, choosing to stick to their own. Leaving them unprotected and outnumbered. 

The Celestial felt a little uneasy still being here in the Valkyr compound, used to being around somewhere full of light but this was the opposite. “I don’t think people would mind. We all have different training rooms. There’s even a room full of mirrors that people train in, pratciing their celestial energy” Back at the castle other Celestials weren’t so set and focused as other species where when it came to their powers. Most of them nowadays were trying to live life not to miss out on any more. Whilst others like her were still healing. Then there’s a few who were still set on revenge. Going full circle in a way.  Willow smiled as she heard her own familiar nickname that he used to call her in the past. Reminding her that the memories were still there even if they deep down due to the memory lost but not all forgotten.  Willow was a little too eager for the bond not wanting to miss out on it again so that history doesn't repear themselves. “I think there’s some books on it back at library at the Celestial Castle” The Redhead spoke softly, remembering seeing something whilst she was browsing through something she does often. Willow didn’t want to bother Ophelia for something like this when she could figure it out herself.  

Eirik definitely could see where Willow was coming from, with the comment about immortality and that being one if it’s downfalls. Being Immortal, you would think that there would be more advantages, but sometimes...there seemed to be more down-falls to being immortal; like losing the people you love; either them moving on and leaving, or them dying if they weren’t immortal. Then came all the different wars between species and battling your own inner demons. Eirik could definitely relate to all...if not some of those downfalls. He had been alive, a very long time indeed. “I suppose that’s life. In a way, being Immortal can be harder than being mortal.” As an Immortal, your life was full of more challenges and downfalls, to get over. And if your memory was anything but top-notch, you wouldn’t forget it easily either. As mortals eventually move on and forget their hardships. Making it easier to move on and not hold a grudge against some things.

When Willow explained that the castle had various training rooms, including one made out of glass. Eirik thought that was a neat idea. Especially for Celestials...to train without being worried about exposure. “Ah, well I suppose we’ll be good in training rooms then. As long as they’re not in use.” If they were...they could always train outside. Fresh air was good, whilst training. Helped keep a clear mind. Eirik didn’t want to disturb the Celestials, if they happened to be training. Not wanting to get a bad rep, with Willow’s own kind. He had enough to worry about, as it was. More drama definitely wasn’t needed in his life. Or it might make his head explode.

“I don’t think we’ll be needing a book.” Eirik told Willow, as she suggested that for research. In a way, it was a small reminder just how old the Valkyr truly was. He heard a lot of things; remembered them too. “The bond requires blood exchange.” Informing her. Eirik wasn’t sure how she would feel about drinking his blood, let alone him having a taste of hers...but it was what was needed for the bond to take place; so that they wouldn’t be affected by each other’s magic….but instead united as one. “Trust me...I know it probably sounds gross, drinking my blood. So I won’t be offended, if you say it is.” Drinking blood wasn’t for every species and he knew most Celestials would probably recoil, when drinking it for the sake of going through a bond with a Valkyr. At times like these, it came in handy being so old, like Eirik was. As his knowledge came in handy, instead of having to research things first. Letting her think it through some more, if that was something she was willing to do.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by ✓ Ophelia Dreyvalian ~Admin~.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service