Feeling weak was something that Willow always hated. It felt that lately it was all she was feeling. Like many other celestials she was still haunted by her past. All the lost years. Something that would never go away. It took her a long while after to get better to go about day to day and not be panicked by ordinary things. It didn’t help matters with her brother Elias taking off when she needed him most. Leaving her to find her own way and place in the modern world. Almost starting afresh in a way. Something that many other celestials like herself had to do. Some of them have taken longer than others to adapt. Willow tried to keep up to speed and to date with how things are now. Whether it be with fashion or technology. Any way to fit in so she no longer looked like an outsider looking in. Even finding herself taking a job trying to get some normality in her life thinking it would help her to heal. Deep down she was still broken, haunted by her past. Needing to find some way to push past and let her anger out. Willow always hated feeling weak that she needed someone to look after her whilst she didn’t want it to be like that. Wanting to be able to protect herself to be ready if anyone was to go against her. Sure she was spending hours in the mirror room at the celestial castle that was made and designed to learn to use their celestial energy. Willow was looking for another way wanting to not only just rely on her celestial power to help her. Wanting to protect herself the old fashioned way through hand held combat. Knowing she would be no state of mind at the moment to look for weapons as a form of protection. 

It has always been something she’d never favoured but a skill that she knew but never used. Having her own reasons even if now would be the time she’d be needing it most. For the last few weeks, she has been trying to do her own research. Looking for someone who would be suitable to train her for what she was looking for. Finding out the city was full of different personal trainers but not many for what she was wanting. Figuring it out that it may be best if she looked for a trainer who was of the supernatural kind rather than human. Just in case her celestial energy went out of hand and something was to happen. Willow has always been the more cautious one out of her and Elias, thinking through everything beforehand. With weeks spent looking Willow came across a name that she’d seen and floating about from others of a trainer here in the city who was a valkyr. Thinking that he was her best bet she had for finding someone who filled all the boxes she was looking for.  Today was one of her days off away from the book shop. The day when she gathered the courage to go and seek Eirik Tostain out.

Leaving the comfort of the castle to go to unknown grounds looking for help from the opposite species. Willow took a chance of instead of going to Eirik’s weapons shop and go to the training grounds within the Valkyr comfinds. While looking for the training side rather the weaponry side. Hoping she was right she soon arrived at the Valkyr comfinds. Luckily she didn’t run into any Valkyr’s on the way slipping past people till she found her way to what must be the training room. Choosing the stay at doorway almost having second thoughts thinking maybe she should turn back thinking she wasn’t ready. Or was it all too late?

Views: 603

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Eirik felt like his entire life had flashed before his eyes; as the bond took place. It was overwhelming to say the least, but at last he had his memories come back to him. So something good came out of it at least. As Willow confirmed that it really was her, it felt like a weight had been lifted off of his shoulders. Willow. His little star. She really was in front of him, it wasn’t a dream, like he thought it was.

“You could have said something. I thought I was going insane trying to put the pieces together.” It would have saved him valuable moments of his sanity. But he was more than relieved, that now he knew the truth. He couldn’t help himself, pulling Willow against his broad chest, his arms wrapped around her in a tight hug. Needing to hold her close for a few moments. Eirik couldn’t help but feel more over-protective over Willow, now that he knew what had went on and why she ended up missing.

After a few moments, of holding her close. The Valkyr released his grip around her. Listening to her, he couldn’t help but frown as she told him, about what had happened with the Ailwards. His jaw kept twitching. Making him angry. “If I ever see one of them, I swear...they’ll end up running for the hills.” He hissed through his teeth. Yes. It fueled his anger, hearing what had happened and the fact that someone dared to tamper with his memories. Eirik wasn’t scared to tussle with them, if he had to. Especially if it would be to defend Willow...his bond and the girl, that he had cared for more deeply than he could put into words.

“I am aware, how close you and your brother have always been. But it still hurt seeing you go.” Eirik admitted, with a slight sigh. He didn’t want to be a bad friend in the past, by asking her to stay. So he let her go. “I hope, that you and Eli have been keeping well after everything that has happened to you both.” Hoping that they had the time to heal from it all. But one thing was for sure now. He would protect her, better than he had in the past. If he could help it, of course. It was more than good to see her again. Finding old feelings stirring within him again. "I am just glad, that you're here." he told her, with a smile.

Being truthful from the start would have been a lot easier but her being her she didn’t like taking the easy way. The more she carried on pretending that they didn’t know each other, the further she fell into the hole she was making for herself. As well, Eirik must have thought he was going crazy all of this time but it was actually far from it. “I know, I’m sorry. I just thought it was easier knowing that you would have forgotten about me and other celestials” She started to chew her inside cheek a little with how it was silly of her making him see like he was going crazy. “I just thought that you wouldn’t believe me if I told you back then. With how it’s not someone says it often. Then I would have been seen as the crazy one” All was true. Either way. At least now they didn’t have to worry about it anymore. She was happy that Eirik’s memories of her and the past had come back. The Volakiri bond worked perfectly, just as she thought and had been hoping for. 

Willow already knew that there would be a lot of questions that Eirik would be asking her. When the bond happened they shared memories of their highs and lows. Like each other knew each other's secrets. That he would be wondering what happened then he’d start to be protective over her. It was the same after anyone other than her people found out what they’ve been through. The celestial felt herself being pulled into Eirik’s chest; it was like he didn’t want to let her go after finding her again but eventually he did let her go. Soon as she revealed some stuff about the Awards she was watching his reaction. Seeing how his jaw was starting to twitch knowing too well that he was angry but what the Ailwards had done that was only the start of it. “Most of us avoid them but some have forgotten and forgiven too easily” She was one of the ones who still held a grudge against the Ailwards for what they have done. All they had put them through but people like Rashesh had done the opposite and had fallen for the enemy. Or there’s people like Artemis whose friends with many of the Ailwards before it all happened. 

It was all different now with her and Elias. They weren’t no longer bound at the hip, they both agreed after they wouldn’t stop either living their lives. With Elias choosing to leave the city and her deciding to stay behind but the two promised to keep in contact. “Eli is Eli but I feel like he’s gotten worse” Her brother was always and will always be more of the worrier. “If it helps I’m not going anywhere soon so you're stuck with me. Well now with the bond it’s forever so” She mused softly but she wanted to make sure that he knew she was going to leave like before. “I’ve made a life for myself here, I like it” The Celestial loved life here in the city, the job she has at the bookshop. Her friends. All of the mundane stuff. For the first time in a long time she was happy but now she was even more happy having been reunited with Eirik and that he remembers her. That maybe they would be able to rekindle and start back where they left off. 

Eirik listened carefully as Willow explained her reasoning as to why she didn’t tell him the truth earlier. True, he had forgotten about her and the others. But not by choice. If he had it his way, he wouldn’t want to forget...not her...especially not her. But that choice was ripped from him, when the Ailwards had trapped her and her kind. “Willow.” he breathed out, with a slight sigh. “How long have we known each other? A long time...right? You know me better than anyone, to know that I’ve seen my fair share of crazy things in the world. Of course, I would believe you.” The Valkyr assured her. “You’re not crazy.” he would never think that she was crazy. If anything, she was the most sane person he had in his life, she had always kept him grounded. But at the same time, he had a feeling that being in her circumstances could be seen as going crazy.

Now that they were bonded, it was like he had a piece of himself back. Piece of his heart...he had his Willow back. And he would do anything to make sure, that nothing would change their bond.

It would be a lie to say, that Eirik didn’t want to let Willow go. In a way he didn’t. He didn’t want to risk her getting hurt in some way, or getting into more trouble with the Ailwards. But he didn’t want to suffocate her. Part of him was also trying to keep his feelings in check. Eirik had always harbored feelings for Willow; she was his light. In the literal and physical sense. Willow had always been the better part of him; made him feel like a better person. That was one of the reasons, why they had clicked so much. Eirik knew that Willow wouldn’t be one to easily forgive and forget what had happened to them. “I think, a lot of people are trying to move on from the past.” He concluded. That wasn’t bad that they wanted to forget. But Eirik was like Willow; he did not forget...and he didn’t forgive...not easily. If anything, Eirik was known to hold grudges for a long long time, especially if people crossed him and pissed him off.

From knowing the Braelynd siblings, he knew how Elias would get. His brows creased when Willow mentioned her brother got a bit worse. “I am sorry, to hear that. He’s always been a stubborn one.” he said with a slight chuckle. Hopefully her brother would see some sense and not fall down the wrong path with his issues and get some help; whether from his sister...or from someone else. Eirik chuckled at her light quip about being stuck with her. “I wouldn't call it, being stuck. I am glad to have you back in my life Willow. More than you know.” As Eirik spoke, his eyes gazed deeply into hers...a soft smile lingered on his lips. He was glad that she felt at home here, and was making something for herself here in Evermore. “So...what have you been up to, since living here?” he asked curiously. Wondering what his little star, had made of her life in this city.

Willow did feel bad for misleading Eirik but it was too late to change it but it didn’t matter now with his memories all now back. She bit the inside of her cheek watching his reaction to her saying how the Ailwards made everyone's memories of her kind all gone. The Celestial knew how protective the Valkyr was over those he cared for. She knew too how this all was infuriating that back in the olden times he was taking people to war. Although these days that wouldn’t happen. “Eirik” She spoke softly. “I know I know. It was just me being me. These days I overthink everything” A lot of the Celestials had found they started to suffer from anxiety or were more paranoid about things than before. Yet who could blame them. “Sometimes I think I’m crazy these days” She laughed a little. “Then again we’re all a little crazy”

She had been trying to move on but some people were forgiving and forgetting too quickly. “Elias decided to move across to another country to get away from it all. But I didn’t want to leave the others behind” For years she followed Elias to where he decided for them to move to next but she chose that she didn’t want to do it anymore. Yes, maybe she missed out on years of her life that she had a lot of catching up to do. Lots of travelling and seeing all that's changed but wanted to feel what a normal life was like. She was happy with her life in Evermore, not feeling that she was missing out on anything. “Some Celestials still haven’t moved in with the times just yet” Willow knew how still Ophelia loved to wear her old gowns around the castle. “I think I’m mostly up in the modern ways. I guess you’re still your old fashioned self” She teased knowing him so well that you would never be able to take the Viking out of him.

“He is stubborn but I still miss him. '' It still felt weird not having her brother nearby for the first time in centuries but they were old enough to live their own lives without seeing each other every day. “More than you know, huh?” Smirking a little as she carried on with what he had just said, holding him onto it. “I've just been living my life really, taking nothing for granted. I found myself a perfect job in a book shop, which I love. You know me and book shops, that still haven’t changed” Willow knew that she had already told him about her job but that was when his memories were wiped and it was like they didn’t know each other on a personal level like now. “You will either find me at the book shop or at the Celestial Castle. I’m quite predictable” Liking to stick to a routine “What about you? Other than training people and then the weapon shop?” The Redhead looked over to his curiosity, wondering what he was up to these days. That he wasn’t an open book like her.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2021   Created by ✓ Ophelia Dreyvalian ~Admin~.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service