Mirae  sat in the padded window sill, for moments she stared blankly towards the sky, fidgeting with the locket around her neck before letting her lead fall against the wall, closing her eyes as tears trickled down her cheeks. Sometimes it didn't seem real, t this day various memories of the day the Initia attacked their perfect community still plagued Mirae's mind, she could still hear the panic and ear piercing screams from those who weren't lucky enough to escape. She still seen the cold expression on Coldren's face when he reformed from the ashes anew, everything but his face was new.

These thoughts always led the young Niveis thinking about her bond with Anivia, the two had became extremely close, Mirae being her voice of reason. Inhaling, Mirae's thoughts now travelled to her brother, whom she at one point was ready to let go, for the sake of his own happiness. But, before Mirae could even utter the words goodbye, or that she loved him, Coldren's wicked ways overpowered any good intentions he once had, after a bade thrusted through Daehyun's chest, it was clear that they were no longer in charge of their own decision making and that Coldren would be making the decisions for them.

Mirae was furious at Coldren for taking her brother’s choice from him and instinctively drew her sword, moving to strike at the ice phoenix. Coldren however was much stronger and faster than her and it wasn’t long before she went down fighting, falling into the darkness on the icy cold snow. As punishment, Coldren forced Mirae to work in an apothocary where he sent everyone else that he wanted rid of, but it was where Mirae once more began to build her life back together from the shattered pieces that it was. Being seperated from her brother for so long however, left the young girl feeling empty, but in spite of everything she knew her brother probably stayed in good sense, and continued to fight for what he believed in.

Deciding she was done with dwelling on things she couldn't change, Mirae sauntered over to her wardrobe and quickly changed into a pair of leggings, a half sweater, and threw her hair into a messy bun before adding a leather jacket and her leather grunge boots. Library time was much needed for the girl who loved studying and learning about herbs, so that's exactly where she made her way to. It wasn't long after she arrived that Mirae felt a very familiar presence among her though, a presence that shook her very being to the core, causing her to be on edge and looking over her shoulder every other second, being her typical distracted self, unaware that she was standing in the center of one of the book isles in front of someone needing by.

Clearing her throat, Mirae blushed heavily. "Sorry. Just a bit distracted" she said in the form of a whisper, as to not distract the others who sat quietly, reading various books. Mirae then smiled, running her fingers along the marks she gained when she became a Phoenix, remembering the very day she had visited the library to read on the species before she ever knew she'd become one, to this day she had that book, and she treasured it very much. Mirae began reading different titles until her finger slid over the word "The truth behind The Eternal City". Excitedly, she pulled the book out, blowing dust from it's cover, surprised that no one had checked this book out in such a long time, Mirae was the type of person who wanted / needed to know her surroundings.

After sliding the book underneath her arm pit, covered by her leather jacket, Mirae glanced around to make sure she was in the clear to take this book home, to add with her collection of other books she had quietly snuck out of libraries in the past. On her way towards the exit, Mirae plowed right into someone and dropped the book from it's hiding place, scurrying to try to pick it up before the male in front of her could take notice to it. The presence she'd felt with her earlier however, felt so strong now that she could barely maintain, and with that, Mirae glanced up, and with her eyes full of surprise, she shook her head. "Daehyun"she said in a shattered tone, unable to swallow the painful lump now formed in her throat. Mirae closed her eyes however, breathing heavily, but assumed when she opened them again, hed be gone.

Views: 819

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

“I feel like we follow each other’s words too much, Mirae. I’d say the same, whatever makes you happy will make me happy.” And there wasn’t any lie in that. Not really. Daehyun would sacrifice anything for Mirae, there was no surprise in that. Of course, he would freely tell her the things he’d do for her sake now, but when the time comes, he wouldn’t even bother before acting on it first. Dae believed in results seeing as actions speak louder than words, anyway. “Pfft… I know you’re innocent but hearing you speak those words doesn’t give me the same impression you may think you’re oozing out, sis” he shook his head, obviously Mirae wasn’t as innocent as she thought she was trying to play herself as and he wasn’t surprised. Though, just because he’s had a certain cling to his hedonistic ways, doesn’t mean his sister had to have the same amount. 

And while Dae wasn’t that keen to see his sister having a lover that could very well break her heart as easily as one could break a tofu in half, he wasn’t the brother who would refrain her from going to any path she wishes to trudge. He’ll trust her to live her own life, she’s more than grown up already. When she pointed out the blush resting on his cheeks, he quickly grumbled and averted his gaze away while attempting to shield it, “Newsflash sis, I can still blush despite being a cold bastard. I still have blood pumping inside.” He raised his eyebrows in confusion when she said she was simply proud of him, “I have no idea what you’d feel proud of… on a second thought, don’t answer that.” Yeon coming to the apothecary still surprised him but he wasn’t going to let it out anytime soon. 

“Yeah, he has a very keen eye. You don’t have to give up anything, Mirae. You can do more than one thing at a time, you know. You can have both your shop and dance. Why not? A hobby doesn’t limit you at only one anyway. Coldren’s no longer here to dictate what you can do and what you can’t, that’s all behind us now.” He didn’t like remembering that, not exactly, so he had a small hint of stern tone accentuating his words, as if he was also reminding her there was no need to bring back the tyrant that ruined their lives a century ago. The idea of tattoo was bold but it wasn’t all that surprising, they had Niveis tribe marks adorning their body and Dae had a lot covering his arms and chest alone. Having another at a small place where they could see doesn’t hurt, if that’s what she wants. 

Dae saw the way her eyes shadowed the conflict that came across her hues, obviously she was hurt, “I’m not leaving forever, just… travelling. I’ll return in between the times, Mirae and you know I’m on speed dial.” He knew he had to do this, he couldn’t stay forever, that doesn’t sound like Daehyun at all. That’s why he was one of the first to volunteer to go out back then. He couldn’t be clamping his wings down. He trailed behind her as they entered the shop, it looked minimalistic enough but aesthetic just the same. He didn’t even know they had a tattoo shop here. “You’re nervous to get a needle piercing your body many times?” the sarcasm lacing his tone matched the playful look he spared her, Dae, on the other hand had plenty of ear piercings on his ears alone, 5; 3 on his left and 2 on his right, all on his lobes. He used to have a double helix piercing but hasn’t worn any for a while so it closed up. 

"I think you know from the past, your wrds have always been gospel to me Daehyun" she could remember how she used to sit and just listen to him speak, just for the sake of hearing what he had to say. Dae never spoke much in the past, but on the rare occasions that he had something to say, Mirae loved to listen, and it was no different now. The younger Stormwind loked to her brother with surprise when he commented on her innocence, but she chuckled and nudged against him playfully. She definitely wasn't the most innocent female, and she had some pretty explicit thoughts to corrupt her mind most days. But, she still enjoyed the banter between her and Dae.

Mirae knew her brother was the last thing from a  people person, but she grimaced when he said he wasn't so much of a cold hearted bastard that he didn't blush every now and then. "Cold hearted or not, you have some pretty endearing ways.. but it's still cute as fuck to make you blush" she poked her tongue out playfully. Mirae sighed to herself though, she sometimes wondered if Dae really walked around with that title. Others didn't know him like she did, but she imagined Yeon had got a pretty good glimpse of who the older Stormwind was. If he accepted that, then she liked Yeon even more.

Mirae eyed him for a second when he told her never mind, that he didn't want to know why she said she was proud. "That was a compliment of the highest order Daehyun" she reach over and pushed him playfully. "I mean, just to know you're actually allowing someone in a little, even if it's only in your bed for right now" she added, to further explain why she said she was proud.

Mirae smiled when Dae spoke of Yeon having a keen eye. She never really thought of herself as being a good dancer until Yeon pointed it out, and then took her to his studio, but it warmed her heart when Dae commented the way that he had. The younger Niveis reach  over and pulled him into a hug upon hearing his encouraging words to her. She definitely wouldn't have minded doing both her herbal shop and dance "I guess I just didn't believe in myself enough. But you're right about ne thing, Coldren's behind us for good. He just still holds a little power over my life, I can never forget what he did to you" she grimaced as she once again relived that horrifying moment. Something so tragi, wuld never be easily forgotten "It doesn't cripple me anymore though. I have moved on" she added, because she didn't want him to worry about her wellbeing and mentality from past events.

"I promise I will do my best to leave that alone from this point on" Mirae could hear the sternness of his tone, and she couldn't blame him for not wanting to be reminded of the absolute worse moment of their lives. Here they were, at each others sides, living their lives how they pleased. So yeah, she could definitely do better with putting the past behind them. It would be even better though, when she stops having nightmares. She supposed that was the main reason behind her bringing it up every now and then.

Mirae continued to walk, knocking the tears away from her cheeks before she'd allow Daehyun to see them. She didn't wanna lose him again, not even with his promise that it wouldn't be forever and that he'd visit. "You know i'm always in your corner, even if I hate it, I'll tell you the same thing that I did last time, live your life in whichever way makes you happy" she forced a smile, and fought back more tears that threatened to make her eyes red and puffy. She didn't want to make him feel bad, so she felt torn on how t act. But, she also knew for a fact that he wouldn't stay put forever. That's not how Dae had ever lived his life, and she didn't expect him too now. "And having you on speed dial, you do know, ill be calling you every single day right?" she chuckled, and sniffled some before approaching the male at the counter in the tattoo shop.

Dae's teasing comment made the tattoo artist laugh, which made Mirae roll her dark optics at both of them. "What can I do to help the two of you?" he then asked, and Mirae's gaze averted to the male, who stood at probably at least 6 ft, tattooed skin and piercings on every visible part of him that could be pierced. While intimidated by his appearance, Mirae smirked and spoke up as boldly as she would to anyone else "We want matching tattoo's, a brother / sister type of thing. Any suggestions?" she asked, because while she had one or two in mind, she figured a tattoo artist could help more. "Well, let me show you what ive got drawn up already" while the man went to fetch his book, Mirae gazed over to Daehyun "Thank you for doing this. It's nice to know ill always have something to remind me of you when you're away"

The man returned with the book and held it out for them to look through. "The first 10 pages may or may not have something along the lines of what you're looking for. If not, we can search the web for something you'll both like" the man was nice, so Mirae feeling intimidated by him faded quickly.  Mirae flipped through, showing each page / tattoo to Dae "Well, there's this one (link), this one (link), this one (link), this one (link)  and last but not least, this (link) so, I really love the second one. I know you're aiming for small, but pick the one you like best, and we'll go from there" she grinned excitedly. This was one of the best days she'd had in a long time. It was one she would remember forever.

"Honestly, they don't even have to be a gospel, you know I would never ask you to do anything" In that sense, Daehyun was being truthful, he didn't want to feel like Mirae had to feel some kind of indebted to him. He didn't know how to describe it but that's the reality of it. He shook his head when Mirae said it was still cute to make him blush like that, he would never admit it outloud obviously but he blushes quite easily if they knew him enough to do it. People like Mirae, who knew him inside and out. "Don't get too used to it, it won't happen anytime soon, not again" he chided sternly, the both of them knew it would happen again but he didn't want to show the world the satisfaction it may get from him. "You know, the only reason why you're still standing after going through all those teasing shit is because you're my sister" he rolled his eyes playfully at her because while that may be true that he won't immediately freeze people every time they pissed him off, he was still very likely to do that. 

He raised his eyebrows questioningly when she expressed her happiness for his sake, "You make it sound like I'm that bad when it comes to it. I'm unapproachable, not a monster kind of scary shit, Mirae, you're quite dramatic, aren't you?" What did he expected from his sister? It's Mirae, of course she would act that way. It's the reason why Daehyun could distinctly recall her endearing ways that still made him spare a gummy smile till today. Like, right now. The hug felt warm, despite the elder Stormwind disliking most things associating to it with passion, he liked this one. It felt comforting and very… warm. Dae didn't know how to describe it. It's just there. "I can't forget the things he's done to me either but I try not to think about it. The past is the past, the only thing it can do is haunt us, and that is only if we grant it power. So think about it no more."

He didn't want to scold Mirae which prompted him into breaking the details down slowly to her as a sign for her not to talk about it again. It was simply just a way of keeping his hurting at bay and burying all those things behind. Daehyun Stormwind is a rather complicated man, at the end of the day. He sent her a grateful soft smile when she said she'd try to hold that part away from them. That was very much appreciated. "If you're gonna end up spamming me with daily calls, please ask me what country I'm at first before I have to suddenly wake up at 1 am in the morning" he teased, he noticed the slight puffy look on her but decided not to point it out because he knew she hated feeling like that. He'll just keep it to himself. 

When the tattoo artist went away to get a selection book for them, Dae ruffled her hair gently and smiled gently, "You'll always have something to remind yourself of me. I'm your brother, Mirae. That's not a blood bond you can break." He had to admit, despite wanting something small, he saw the second tattoo and immediately got interested. Though he still didn't want it to occupy too much. "You know what? For you, I'll go with the second one." It's not something they'll get to do always, anyway. He can give her that. "If I can't relent for my baby sister, then who can I relent for?" 

Mirae realized she told her brother a little too often what his words meant to her. But, she felt like she couldn't say enough to him, that at any given moment, it could all be over. She knew he was leaving the city. e would never even have to say those words out loud for Mirae to know his next move. Dae wasn't one to sit around idly .. and just like before, she would hug him and wish him well, and then she would go cry for a week straight before bouncing back to her every day routine. Only this time, he didnt have an evil bastard to stop him from living the way he wanted to, so Mirae would actually have to watch him leave. She wasn't sure what was worse to be honest.The younger Stormwind smirked when Dae told her not to get used to him blushing. She loved teasing him, because he always gave it right back to her. Their bond had became pretty unbreakable after everything they'd went through together. "All I need to do is mention a certain Valkyr to see those cheeks of yours light up" she giggled cutely, and gave the whole 'i'm innocent' look towards him.

When Dae used a threatning tone to tell her the reason she was still standing after all the teasing, Mirae arched a brow and folded her arms underneath her bust, grinning coyly "Sounds like we should get into a sparring match.. or a game of freeze tag" she joked, since they could quite literally freeze people or each other with their abilities. Mirae gave a stern look when he said he wasn't a monster and called her dramatic, giving a mock eye roll before sighing softly "You definitely aren't a monster Dae. You don't think that about yourself do you?" she asked, really hoping he hadn't grown up with some kind of mark from people telling him how unsocial he was, or how people spoke of him not being a 'people' person. She was sure she wasn't the only one who said that to him, and now that she thought about it, she probably shouldn't say those things at all. "But dramatic, you know me.. always gotta have that extra flare" she grinned a little, and shrugged.

Mirae was saddened now though, to think Daehyun was effected by those comments. Mirae nodded when he said that he hadn't forgotten what Coldren had done, but it was the words after that, that she'd hang onto and hopefully practice a little for herself. "What you give power to, has power over you" she started, and looked down while she twiddled with her fingers "I heard that in a tv show, it seemed fitting" she chuckled and shrugged slightly. It probably didn't sound as great coming from Mirae who didn't always master English.

The younger Stormwind grinned an evil / yet cute grin, because let's face it, there was no way for Mirae Stormwind to look evil. But when Dae teased her about asking what country he was in before spamming him with texts and calls, she found herself amused. "Just make sure you go somewhere where there's lots  to do. If you're gonna leave, you should make it worth your time" she added, and gave a genuine smile to replace the pouty look on her features, which she was sure Daehyun had seen by now. It's not that she wanted to make him feel bad, and try to keep him trapped in this city by acting like she couldn't live without him, but now that she had him back, could she simply just go back  to how her life was before they rekindled things?

Mirae slightly leaned into him as he ruffled her hair, and usually, that drove her crazy, especially as she found herself trying to refix her long black mane, but right now, she enjoyed eveything they could do together, even the silly things. "You're right brother. I didn't need a tattoo to keep you close, but the memory will be something ill cherish forever" she was always bubbly about everything, so when he said if he couldn't relent for his baby sister, then who else, she clapsed her hands together excitedly. But she definitely felt her nerves go haywire again, now that they had chosen a tattoo, and the artist was back to apply them. "Who's first?" the male asked, gazing between the two Stormwind siblings. Mirae had a gut feeling Daehyun would use the whole 'ladies first' just to get Mirae in that chair first. "It would be better if we could do it together, are you the only one working here?" she asked, and the male shook his head at her "We have a few artists on shift right now, in fact.." he couldn't even get another word out before a woman with tattoo's and piercings from head to toe walked out to join them. "This is Kat, so do you wanna go together then?" the male asked, and printed the tattoo off that Mirae and Dae chose.

After he handed the woman a copy, Mirae looked to Daehyun while holding onto him tightly "together?" she asked, grinning from ear to ear beforre letting go of him, long enough to take one of the tattoo chairs which left the other empty right beside of her. "So, you look like a blank canvas basically. Do you wanna do a test run before we start the real deal?" Mirae looked to her brother with a set of eyes full of fear before nervously looking back to the tattoo artist, swallowing harshly as she nodded for him to go ahead. When he started the gun by pressing his foot onto a small pedal in the floor, Mirae's whole body tensed, and her hands shook slightly."I'm just gonna press this into your skin so you'll understand how you're about to feel for the next hour or two" the gun pierced her flesh, and Mirae gasped slightly, but as she inhaled and exhaled, the younger Stormwind relaxed into the chair, never taking her eyes off Dae, who seemingly was her only source of comfort now. ""I think I can handle that.." she chuckled and looked down to the red mark on her hand where the gun had made one tiny little dot, just to show her what it would like. "Ready when you are" she then said, and gave a nod to Dae, hoping he wouldn't back out in the last moment.

A part of him wondered very briefly if he should take Mirae with him to wherever he is planning to go. But how could he do that when it was clear that the younger Stormwind had plans to make Evermore her home? Don't get him wrong, Evermore is lovely and it was a perfect place to settle by, especially with the likes of them; a rather new deviant supernatural species that was bound to receive plenty of unwanted and not to mention, unnecessary attention on them. This was a safe place, it does serve him well to remember that at least he could return here whenever. It'll be his safe place too. A grumble escaped him as he shook his head in retaliation, "You're spouting nonsense Mirae, I have no idea what you're on about." Perhaps, she was on the mark about Yeon, the Valkyr does have a way of making them world revolve around him and stop everything else. All it takes was a simple mention of his name. 

But Mirae didn't need to know about that. The idea of a sparring match or a game of freeze tag made him roll his eyes in feigned annoyance, "Oh please, you and I both know that we'll end up running the hail all over Evermore. Then Nivi would be on our asses and Lita would give me a lecture. Not to mention, Rhydian would quite literally be so smug about my fault." Whilst he loves his sister, that's not something he wanted to get himself involved in. The last thing he wanted was to give a reason for Rhydian to smirk at him smugly. "You already have the Stormwind flare, isn't that enough?" Right, the Stormwind flare, that was something the duo seemingly had. It's the precise reason why they fit together so well despite being the opposite of one another. One is the wind and the other is the storm. Now that he's thought about it, his sister has grown up long ago but it wasn't until now that he realized she may have forgotten how she had progressed and flourished over the years. 

He did have the tendency to leave on scouting missions for the past 40 years, being the tribe's spy meant he had plenty of eyes and ears everywhere. He couldn't even meet Mirae asking much then during to the time constraint and their rather… unspeakable relationship. But now, everything was fine. ""Don't worry, I'll send you postcards" Texts were nothing. Even pictures can't rival postcards. Sometimes, classic remains iconic. "I'll even put my signature on them." A tattoo wasn't what he expected but he supposed, it wouldn't hurt to give Mirae what she wanted, right? He's never been good at gift sessions, anyway. If this was what she desires, why not? 

When she expressed her request to do them together, Daehyun chuckled and shrugged absentmindedly, whatever she wanted. He's never been to a tattoo parlor before, he never saw the intention to get one on his body, not when he's had plenty of his Niveis mark covering his arms and his wings tattoo was enough. "Yeah sure." He took a seat right next to her, leaving the male artist to do the test run on Mirae and Kat, on him. The pale-haired male rolled his sleeves up and eyed the needle piercing his flesh, there was a slight sensation to it and he knew he was going to have to endure this longer. He's had piercings, but tattoos that were intentionally inked on him? That's the first one. "Go ahead. I guess I'm ready" And their session started. 

He chewed his bottom lip trying to find something to talk to Mirae about because filling another hour that's going to pass by with awkward silence isn't how he pictured things going, "How many piercings have you had?" he asked, suddenly curious about his sister. 

Mirae definitely dwelled on the thoughts of going with Daehyun, or begging him to take her at least. She knew her brother well enough to know he'd never take her away from a place she seemed happy in, and it was in that moment, she wished she'd hated this place a little more. Mirae loved how she had finally began to settle for this place as her home, but she loved her brother way more, and where ever he was, was where she wanted / needed to be after being away from him for so long. She was no fool, but she wasn't going to pressure him to tell her when he was leaving, she just knew it was coming. For now, that was enough. The younger Stormwind couldn't help but chuckle at his comment about her spouting nonsense. Of course he'd say that. "Whatever you say Dae. We'll just agree to disagree here" she knew he was a little sprung over the Valkyr, and it warmed her heart, even if he would never admit it or say out loud that he liked someone finally. 

Mirae grinned over at him when he began reminding her of what might happen should the two of them find themselves in a match of freeze tag. "Well yeah, I don't suppose I'd want Anivia on either of us .. and Rhydian .. well, that's another story entirely" she swallowed harshly when mentioning the name of her past love affair, if that's what you could even call it. She'd used him for comfort back in the day, and now he was something like a trainer to her, so the situation between herself and Rhydian was an awkward one, and she knew that wouldn't set well with her brother. She smirked when Dae asked if having the Stormwind flare wasn't enough "That alone makes me unstoppable. I guess you have a point brother" she shrugged a confident shrug about the statement and nudged him playfully. "Having you as my brother gives me all the flare I need regardless." Mirae loved reflecting on just how protective Daehyun had always been, never could she feel unsafe in his presence. 

Mirae rolled her eyes without really meaning to when Daehyun said he'd send postcards with his signature .. but she guessed if this was really what he wanted, just like before.. she wouldn't stand in his way, all she would do is wish him well, tell him she loves him, and cling onto the hope that someday he'd be back again. Dae always seemed to make his way back, even if it took a couple years each time, he was here now after all. "Postcards huh? I'll hold you to that Dae. Someday I wanna visit you where ever it is that you end up, all these years.. ive always been so curious about what you do, and how you're living when you're away.. think you can make me a deal?" she asked, giving him puppy eyes. "Just tell me I can come see you.. if it's not too dangerous of course" she made sure to add that small detail, because she knew Dae would never bring her somewhere that he may be on a mission and in trouble, but two Stormwinds was always better than one. 

When their session started, Mirae stole occasional glances, unable to restrain the smile on her face. Daehyun was the type of brother that did anything to keep his sister happy and it warmed her heart without a doubt. She knew Dae loved her, and she him, they often had made sacrafices for one another .. for the sake of each other's happiness, and there had never been a single soul on earth who was as close to Mirae as her own brother, and no one would ever take that place. She did however find a source of happiness outside of Daehyun, and now more than ever, she knew she would need Ha-joon. If Daehyun was really leaving, if this bonding moment was only going to be temporary, then she would need to lean on HJ. Missing Daehyun never came without its struggles. Plus, she would worry about him. 

Mirae noted the way she breathed heavier when the needle began constantly piercing her skin, she was almost breathless, and very much thankful for Daehyun's voice distracting her from the "pain". It didn't hurt at all, but pain was the only word she could use to describe something like this. Reaching over, she grabbed her brothers hand, holding it for the remainder of this tattoo session and used the beauty of conversation to get through it. "Well, my ears of course .. then my navel, which I got done shortly after coming here." she expressed, referring to the city. Mirae hadn't been to big on piercings, but that didn't mean she didn't have a few. "And i'm thinking about getting a couple more, perhaps the top of my ears .. who knows, maybe when you come back around, i'll be pierced all over" she chuckled, and arched a brow as the tattoo artist looked at her funny. Perhaps she should have worded that better. 

"How about you? how many piercings do you have now Dae?" she grinned, because she knew he had a few himself. Their session was coming to a halt and Mirae knew their time together would be too, but she hoped she could convince Dae to spend the night with her, and if he should decide to leave the next morning, then so be it, at least they had made the very most of their time together. "You do realize I'm taking selfies right?" she had definitely evolved with today's technology and all of the social media stuff, and wanted to post pictures of them and their new tats on her IG and FB. "I think I want a puppy" she added, before glancing back to Dae, curious of the situation he'd sustained with Yeon. She wondered if him leaving, would effect that .. and had hoped that Dae could come and go, and keep those who meant something to him in his life. She knew sometimes, that people tended to walk away when you weren't around for quite some time. "If and when you leave, do you have plans on telling anyone else goodbye?" she finished off with her usual curiosity and laughed because she just knew he'd give her a scolding look. 

He didn’t want to leave Mirae, he only got her back. They were just reunited and the thought of leaving her so soon after that made him feel uneasy. His heart would thump rapidly just thinking about it and honestly, he knew it was only a matter of time before he succumbed to it. There was one thing that the Niveis could not deny; his sister’s pleading. The only time he ever got to say no to her pleading and wishes were when he actually turned a deaf ear and ignored her for the rest of the period. With her standing right in front of him now, it’s harder to do that. He could trace the upset on her porcelain skin, which made him sigh heavily to himself, god he hated having to give his farewells like this. “Of course you’d say that” he huffed and crossed his arms as if to show that he was not amused by her reaction. It actually made him more childish than he actually is. Appearances could deceive, indeed. He raised his eyebrows questioningly when she mentioned Rhydian, everyone knew the elder Stormwind wasn’t exactly fond of the right hand. Not by a long shot. 

So he was surprised to hear her bring that guy of all people in the equation. “What do I care if he is on us. You do realize I’ll annoy the hell out of him just for the sake of it, right?” He wasn’t aware if Mirae had any other relationship with the latter. Only that Rhydian visited the apothecary frequently. “That’s right, you’re a Stormwind, you’ll never be used as a leverage, much less be treated like dirt” he reminded, he would not tolerate any less for his sister. “Don’t give me that look” he scoffed and pushed her cheek away as if to dismiss her puppy eyed look, “I’m not desperate enough to go into hiding and unless I don’t want to be found, you’ll find me easy enough. Don’t worry, that’s a small deal I can afford to promise you. Come see me whenever, sis” he chuckled and ruffled her hair. How could he tell her to not see him? He may not admit it out loud but he misses the sibling banter. When Mirae reached over to hold his hand, he let her do that and spared her a small smile to reassure her as he clasped his own hold on her tiny hands. 

“You’re talking to your brother who at least has 6 ear piercings right now, sis. That’s saying something because I think my helix will be closing soon if I don’t wear any piercing. If you wanna pierce your tongue or belly button, then go for it. You’re not looking at me for permission, you never do that” he stuck out his tongue playfully in retaliation as if to remind her she wasn’t exactly a model sister. He had tribal marks on his body so his body wasn’t exactly ‘clean’ to put it, he never thought about getting any other piercings aside from his ears. Dae scrunched his nose and made a noise of complaint when she said she’s taking selfies, “You’re adapting just well, I see.” Oh he wasn’t bad at them, his work allowed him plenty of access that was related to technology and a bit of hacking here and there didn’t hurt to add to his experience. 

“A puppy? What kind? Do you even have time to take care of it? No no, the better question is, are you responsible enough to take care of another living being?” he had spared a look of judgment that was something a brother would do to their younger sibling. When she asked him that, he shrugged absentmindedly, “I’ll tell my friends, the few I have, and you, and anyone I find important. I can tell you it doesn’t exceed my 10 fingers though.” 

Mirae was one to stick her foot in her mouth.She usually never thought before she spoke, and that typically had its consequences. Like now, where she realized how little Dae liked Rhydian. She felt bad the instant she saw his expression change. "Sorry. I forget sometimes. Or not forget, it's just more so being the talker that I am. I'm trying to work on that" she chuckled slightly. She hoped to change the vibe instantly after that. It was almost amusing though, that right after that, he promised he'd annoy the hell out of Rhydian ..just for the sake of it. "You wouldn't be Dae if you didn't" she smirked, playfully shooting him a wink. If anyone knew the calculating, sarcastic man beside her, it was Mirae herself. She knew her brother like the back of her hand, and he had his moments. "I'd never change a thing though. I really love the person you are" she smiled faintly. She had been longing for this day for such a long time. She was just happy that words seemed to flow naturally. For two siblings that'd spent such a long time separated, she feared her first time seeing him again, would be spent in silence, and awkwardness. But, the two of them had bounced back as if they'd never spent a second apart. That was the true Stormwind bond. 

It warmed Mirae's heart when Daehyun promised that his sister would never settle for less or be treated like dirt. She smiled brightly and leaned over towards him, laying her hand over his. What touched her even more, even though she knew he hated more or less telling her goodbye again, was that he'd always make sure he was easy to find, so that she could come see him whenever. "Maybe that'll make it easier this time. Because honestly Dae. We just got each other back. And just like before. I would never hold you back .. you know that, but at the same time.. I don't wanna lose you again..but if I know I can visit you at least, I can try to let you go" those were probably the hardest words the younger Stormwind had ever spoken in her life. But, that's what selfless love was supposed to be like. It hurt like hell, but it's who they were as siblings. 

Mirae chuckled slightly when Dae spoke of his own piercings and then told her she need not look at him for permission since she never did before. "Fair enough. I guess ill go with my belly button" it was so cliche.. but Mirae wanted to explore this world to it's fullest, and if she felt that she was accomplishing that by getting a piercing, then so be it. 

The youngest Stormwind nodded some when he had commented on how she had been adapting so well. "It's not been easy, but I guess yeah.. we could say i'm adapting finally" it took hera while to feel comfortable in her own skin in this city. But, today she could honestly say she felt at home. At least for now. While on the other hand, Dae never stayed anywhere too long. He never truly adapted like Mirae did. But, somewhere along the way, Mirae began feeling like she had no other choice. Either adapt and find some peace of mind, or be miserable forever trying. 

She couldn't help but snort. She knew his reaction to her wanting a puppy would be exactly what it just was. "I thought as much" she chuckled, but went on to make sure he knew that she'd be okay with a puppy. "It's not like I have experience. But, I'm willing to learn, and make the time" she just hoped she could actually pull it off. "Surely it's not as hard as raising a human being. I know animals have feelings, and need attention, and food, etc.. but .. I think I can manage that" she said in a hesitant tone. "Maybe i'll think about it first though" she added, laughing a little. Dae always pointed out the obvious. But, at least he did so with good intentions. 

Mirae smiled once more when he said he'd tell her, and the few friends he had. "Well, keeping your circle small, isn't necessarily a bad thing. I'm just glad i'm part of it. While the selfish part of me wants to keep you here, I'm happy you're still following your own lead. You always have done so. I can only admire the brother I have" she stated truthfully. Mirae sighed. She knew this day would soon be coming to an end, and that the moment she dreaded most would be coming with that. Their tattoo's were now complete and being cleaned with an ointment that they could take with them. After the tattoo artists explained to each of them how to properly care for new tattoo's, they were sent on their way.  Mirae had definitely quietened down, but figured she'd ask Dae.. "So, before you go, do you wanna spend the night?  I'm not sure what your exact plans are.. but if you'd like to come stay one last night,pizza's on me" she stated, smiling over to her elder brother, a hopeful look on her face as her heart raced, and waited to see where he needed to go next. 

In all honesty she just wasn't ready to say goodbye. And, she was sure he knew that too. 

His sister and him are quite different from each other. They had contrasting personalities, one would never have thought they were siblings at a single glance had it not been to their natural Stormwind charm. And temper, that's for sure. Despite looking dainty and gentle, he knew people should tread carefully around the presence of the younger Stormwind because if she doesn't get to you, he would. "I wouldn't be Dae if I don't do a lot of things" he exclaimed bluntly, there's little to what he wouldn't do, if anything. Dae controls every aspect in his own life, swearing to never do anything under a leash anymore after Coldren. Everything he has done for the tribe up until now is because he wanted to do it. That's the truth to it. When she said she loves the person he is, he couldn't help but scoff and shook his head, of course she would say that. He didn't expect any less. 

"Then you'd realize you're actually one of the few with the privilege to like me." Whether people like him or not, the niveis does not make it easy. He knew he had to reassure her that he wasn't going far and that he would never truly abandon her. He's not good at it but he'll try, "I'm always in the reach, Mirae. You know there's no way I'd actually leave you. I always have my eyes and ears around, don't forget that. You know where to find me and how to get a hold of me." And he always checks in on her anyway. "I can't believe you're going for a belly button piercing" he snickered under his breath, it sounded like something reckless and out of the world thing she would do because she's Mirae but who was he to stop her? It wasn't as if he even wanted to do that, as long as she doesn't choose the wrong partner and get her heart broken or hurt herself, then she could do whatever the hell she wanted. 

"Raising a human being might as well be easier at times" he mumbled, but that's just him. Daehyun had a job that most people wouldn't really take up unless they're a masochistic and sadistic bastard who only wanted to hurt people. Or desperate for money. But it gives him the thrill so he knew how to handle them as a whole. "I would've thought you to be more of a cat person but I guess not." Maybe he's the cat person. He could see that she wanted to spend more time with him, every effort he has seen up till now from the past few minutes were of her trying to extend the time they have. Dae couldn't say no to that. How could he say no to his only sister? "Fine, I'll stay the night." They don't know when they will get to see each other later, after all.  

RSS

© 2024   Created by ✓ Ophelia Dreyvalian ~Admin~.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service