Today was another day of silence for her. Ever since she encountered the rogue valkyr in that alley that night, she hasn't been able to forget about the conspicuous manner befitting him. It felt as if she was missing out on something that was dangling in front of her. Despite having looked into it, Sofi still couldn't find the answer to it. However dreadful it might have been for the blonde, she eventually gave into it and asked Everson for help. He had the technology and she had the ability he wanted to utilise in this search. And to be honest? The Initia Grand Master also wanted to find out what was happening. Unfortunately, Sofi is usually always busy, the clock keeps her occupied and it wasn’t letting her out of its sight anytime soon. Either she’s kept at bay by the client files piling on top of her desk back in her office, or thinking about more ideas to enhance what was already there for the tribe. 

Today was one of the days where she didn't have to check in for work and because of this, Sofi decided to do a little bit of her own research, such as where the rogue valkyr originated from. The Initia managed to pinpoint the basics, even reaching the details regarding his former family but nothing had suggested his sudden erratic behavior for the past few months. It was as if he completely got absorbed into something and forgot about it once it was done. 

It was too suspicious, so when she received the address to the rundown cabin where he resided during his stay in Evermore, she was quick to go there, only to find the charred walls being her only witness. "Well this is surely a bust…" she muttered under her breath and realized she had to start her search elsewhere before the authorities found none other than the Initia tribe ambassador there, of all places. A notification ping caught her attention as she fished out her phone from her pocket, her sapphire hues scanning over the text that came in a few seconds ago. "Don't forget to pick up the flowers for the kids" how could she forget? "Dammit…" She had been so busy chasing cold prints, so much so that she forgot she had promised the novitiates that she would gather the materials needed for their weekly activity tomorrow. The florist was closed today but thankfully, the spot where she usually came to pick up the flowers were nearby. 

Imagine her surprise when she saw the flowers weren't where it was supposed to be, someone had plucked it. There were a few petals to her left side, leading it somewhere. While following the trail, Sofi found herself walking over a sturdy bridge to the other side of the river, somewhere she still has yet to explore throughout the entire time she was in the eternal city. That's when she noticed there were flower petals being scattered over the river by someone, who looks to be a male, judging from his silhouette. "Won't you get in trouble for making a mess?"

Views: 318

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

He chuckled and finished his own drink too, placing the glass against the countertop “I mean that wasn’t the first thing on my mind but I definitely made up for lost time” he commented and chuckled but nodded “The adjustment after that has been hard, 100 years passed and yet to me it felt like forever but also no time at all, the modern world was hard to navigate after that” but he had a few years to figure things out by now and he liked to think he’d managed to navigate decently world. “Everything about ships in my day was controlled by physics and weather conditions, there was none of this...electronics stuff to worry about” he shook his head, the fire hazards were endless.

He allowed an easygoing smile to grace his lips when she asked whether he’d like it if the pretty girl turned her attention to him “Everyone likes attention from someone their find attractive no?” he questioned in return and pressed his lips together with a playful expression “Besides on a day like this, I might just call it the biggest win if I can take my mind off the past” he commented and shrugged slightly. She was interesting to stay the least, everything about her had this air of confidence that was intriguing to him, she seemed to know her own self and even her own flaws and own them in a way he rarely saw.

“I don’t know, I think you could get a 10 if you really wanted to, but said 10 is likely to have the personality of a wet fish to make up for it” he commented and chuckled under his breath, he wasn’t really the type to get too hung up on appearances, but today was a strange lapse for him given the blonde looked almost identical to someone he used to know. “Myself?” he commented and chuckled “I feel like whatever answer I give to that would either be narcissistic or degrading” he commented and chuckled “I’ll let others do the rankings” he responded.

He smiled “Too much life of your own to live first huh?” he could respect that, people should put themselves and what they wanted first and if a kid didn’t fit into the equation then there was no need to have one “I can respect it, god knows I’ve gone this long without settling down too” nothing was simple when you were protecting the world from a magical stone that could bring serious damage to people, his own wants tended to be put aside time and time again for his responsibility. He looked up at her with a somewhat hesitant gaze and pursed his lips “You look...almost identical to someone I once knew, someone I loved” he corrected and nodded “I thought you must be a hallucination my mind wanted to see at first” he toyed with the glass in his hand a little “But you’re not her...that much is clear to me” still it didn’t explain why she looked like her.

A hundred years passed for him, and yet she already felt like 80 years for her was long enough. Sofi could never truly comprehend how immortals go about their day when they have experienced centuries of living on earth, were they used to things after a while? Did they get tedious? They probably do. God knows how many questions the Initia had for the nephilim because of how curious she gets but she refrained from asking. “Well, as modern as ships go, the Titanic still happened so I wouldn’t really count out any technicalities occurring real-time” she joked, did he know about the Titanic if he just submerged from his slumber after a whole century? 

Sofi bit her lip and chuckled when he confirmed he found her to be attractive. “Well, at least my effort to look fine didn’t fly by.” It’s a lie to say this fine man sitting right next to her is not making her turn her gears around because who wouldn’t? Who would even miss out on a conversation like this? “Then let’s take your mind off the past and into the present, maybe a little bit on the future but not too much because you don’t need to concern your pretty little head with those.” One should just enjoy their current circumstances the best way they can. 

She covered one hand over her mouth and giggled because that does sound a lot like what she was faced with “The personality of a wet fish huh? What about you, sir? Do you think you have the personality of a wet fish because that face…” she backed herself a bit and lowered her gaze, making it clear to Aeryn that she was checking him out before going back to him, “and body is definitely an 11.” He has every right to be narcissistic, she thought. “Well to start with, I don’t live forever and I abide by the whole YOLO rule thing. I want to make the most of everything and not live my life with regret so that when I finally sit down getting ready for my makeshift grave, I won’t let out a groan or sigh about all the mistakes I wished I could have undone.” 

And there it was, the whole part of why he mistook her for someone in the first place. “Do you believe in reincarnations then? I mean… I know scientifically people are supporting the concept of having 7 people looking alike but that also leaves room for questioning the whole reincarnation part. And in this supernatural world, I wouldn’t even try to comprehend how impossible it sounds.” Because she’s an Initia, she’s already part of the absurdity. “Am I too casual? Too harsh?” She wondered if this Marie was softer. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2021   Created by ✓ Ophelia Dreyvalian ~Admin~.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service