Dominic pounded down the sidewalk as he ran full force through the city streets. It wasn't enough that he was running faster than most normal people could, being Therian and all, but of course it had to be in the middle of human territory. It could really be a nuisance that humans were so kept in the dark when shit was going down. He turned around another city block and caught sight of his target that was knocking over a cafe table full of patrons. Dominic jumped over the fallen chairs and continued forward, not letting the man get away.

It all started with rumors of a pack of out of town Therians who were causing problems throughout Evermore. They had come to start trouble. The kind of illegal trouble that involved moving guns from one place to another. Dominic had discovered one of the safe houses they were keeping the stashes in was somewhere in one of the territories, though he hadn't discovered which one. Yet.

The man he was chasing was a Lycan. After a few drinks at a local bar, he was easily talking to Dominic since he wasn't able to hold his liquor or his secrets very well. If someone was drinking as heavily as he was during the middle of the day, Dominic knew he was going to be the one to talk. It meant he had a guilty conscious. And now here they were, running through the streets filled with thousands of humans. He pushed forward as people were screaming and trying to get out of the way of the chase. "Move! Move!! Out of the way!"

The runaway drunk was starting to lose energy. Alcohol would do that to you, whether you were a supernatural or not. Dominic just held his better. As he was catching up, the man ran into a group of people coming out the building, causing them all to fall to the ground. "Shit..." As he scrambled to his feet and started running again, Dom's eyes caught a familiar Guard who happened to be one of the people who'd taken the hit. "Sapphire! Are you okay?" he asked, keeping his sights on the Lycan. "I could use a hand if you're off work right now!" He began after the man again, hoping she might tag along. Two Ailward Guards was better than one.

Views: 849

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Sapphire listened to him as she turned her head, watching as his grip on the steering wheel tightened the more he talked about his brother. Her blue eyes watched him as Dom calmed down and slowly released his grip in the steering wheel. The young phoenix guard didnt really know what to say, Sapphire had recently connected with her half brother and never really had any problems. Sapphire turned her head back out the window as she closed her eyes, thinking about her past live even though she didnt want to think about it. 

As the scenery started to change from woods to the city, Sapphire had opened her eyes and started to pop some of her joints in her fingers and neck. They headed to the downtown area while it was quite busy like normal. Once they stopped, Sapphire got out of the truck with Dom and followed him. Her blue eyes scanned everything as she took in every detail, every escape, and everybody that was there. She looked up at him as she smirked. "Flirtatious Decoy? Hmm I can defiantly do that." She said to him as she fixed herself. Fluffing her hair around as she made sure that she was looking good as the decoy. "Tell me when to go." She said as she smirked at him, ready for anything as she waited on his signal.

Dominic smiled as she primped herself in the rearview mirror, looking in his driver's side mirror at the two men in hard hats that stood near the entrance of the warehouse. If they were like most heterosexual men in the world, they wouldn't turn away a petite, pretty girl in need of assistance. He opened the door and went around to the front of the truck, lifting the hood. Reaching in, he disconnected the coil wire so the engine couldn't start and then quietly lowered the hood again. He walked around the passenger side window and leaned in to hand her the keys. "Just tell them the truck suddenly died." Dominic made sure the vehicle was angled just right so when they opened the hood, it would block their view of him going inside. 

He pulled the door open for her with a reassuring wink and watched as she walked over to get the men away from the entrance. As expected, they followed her back towards the truck as he squatted down on the driver's side. When he heard the hood opening again and the men squabbling back and forth about what could be wrong with the truck, Dominic hurried towards the warehouse. There were dozens of trailers that were being loaded with cargo. He easily moved about them without being detected and eventually reached the back entrance that lead to the other side of the docks. 

On his left was a break room for the workers that he slipped into when no one was around. He went through some of the men's bags and eventually found a key card that would give them access through the gate. This was even better than having to sneak through the warehouse again. Dominic put the card in his back pocket and headed towards the entrance. He saw the men had finally figured out what was wrong and rolled his eyes as they triumphantly started the truck again and argued over who was the one that had actually figured it out. 

He hid himself among some abandoned palettes and waited as Sapphire successfully got them to head back towards the warehouse. Pulling the key card from his back pocket, he walked over to her holding it up. "How bout we head inside?" he said smiling at their success. "Good job by the way, decoy," he teased, taking the keys back from her with a smirk and getting into the driver's side to make their way to the gate.

After being a decoy, Sapphire smirked as Dom walked over with the key card in his hand. "That sounds like at plan." She said as she smiled. "Youre welcome, plus those two were weird. Fighting over stuff." She said as she got into the car with him. As they made their way to the gate, Sapphire fixed her hair back to normal since she hated when her hair was ruffled. Her eyes kept an eye out for anything suspicious as she combed her hair with her fingers.  The young phoenix finished with her hair as she turned to Dom, "So what is next?" She asked as she wanted to know the plan before they head inside.

Sapphire looked around as she listened to him. Her eyes continued to scan everything as she was looking for exits if they needed it or some advantages for Dom. 'I hope we dont need to get to an exit.' She thought as she popped her fingers and neck as she was ready for anything.

Dominic started the truck up again and quickly put it in drive to head towards the main gate. As Sapphire inquired about the plan he may have had, he shrugged slightly and gave a quick sigh. "The plan..." he began, pulling up to the electronic reader by the gate and swiping the newly stolen key card he'd acquired from the warehouse. The guard sitting inside the booth nearby couldn't give a damn about who was coming inside as the metal fence began to swing open. The man's head was lowered into his phone with his attention being tuned into a basketball game. Dominic had the feeling he would only lift his gaze if the card reader made any other noise than that of someone who was granted access. 

The therian glanced in the rearview mirror as he continued through the gate, ensuring no red flags were being sent out with their arrival. "I haven't really thought that through all the way," he answered her truthfully. The docks were bustling with activity as different truckers were dropping off their shipments and the dock workers were loading all the different types of cargo that would be heading out to sea. He imagined the two of them wouldn't be noticed as long as they kept out of everyone's way. 

Dominic drove the truck farther down the docks and kept his eyes out for anything that seemed out of the ordinary. He had the feeling his brother's operation would have to be somewhere away from prying eyes. Something else that concerned him was the head foreman who was running the area. He would have to know his brother was there and even worse, that he was doing something shady. Thinking about that meant the higher ups were being paid off to turn a blind eye, which probably meant the same for the security guards around the docks.

After almost making it to the end of the row, Dominic finally parked the truck off to the side near another warehouse after seeing a ship that was off by itself with a much smaller crew. It wasn't long before he saw his older brother standing near the cargo and giving orders to the people moving the shipment. Dom nodded to Sapphire as they placed their backs against the wall and peered around the corner. He looked up to the roof and decided that would be their best advantage to see the operation. Climbing on some nearby palettes, he helped Sapphire up till they got to the top of the roof and stayed low as they watched the people below. "Now we just have to find a way in..." 

Sapphire looked at him and let out a quiet chuckle. "Well I guess we are winging it." She said as she looked out the window for anything suspicious. As the docks were littered with people, trucks and other things, Sapphire's blue hues looked around as she fixed her hair up into a small ponytail. The small phoenix was getting ready for any fight she was about to go in to. Once they were almost at the end of the row, Dom parked the truck. Sapphire looked at him and nodded as she was behind Dom. Being quick and quiet was easy for Sapphire as she had her back against the wall as she peered around the corner, looking around. With the help from Dom, they got ontop of the roof and looked down at them, still staying out of sight. Sapphire looked over at Dom as he spoke. Her blue eyes then started to scan around to see any opening as she then looked at him. 

The pair had been on the roof for a couple of hours now. The operation would soon be moving forward as he could see the ship was nearly full with all the containers they had been moving with a nearby lift. Eric had been standing in nearly the same spot for the entire time, watching to make sure everything was going smoothly. Dominic looked over to Sapphire and saw she was carefully taking in everything as well. It still amazed him that this small like phoenix was made into a guard, but he knew the spunk she had inside her would've been reason enough for him to choose her if he were an ailward himself.

As he watched the crane put another of the boxes on the barge, Dominic had the idea he was hoping would come along. It would be incredibly dangerous and stupid, but it was all he had. "I'm going to need to get on that crane, but first I think I have a job for you." He explained the details of the plan to Sapphire. It would be his turn to start the distraction while she took advantage and flew to the front of the ship to take the helm. If she could destroy the navigation and steering equipment inside, they wouldn't be able to leave the harbor. He imagined at most there would be two guys at the wheel since Eric was more focused on getting the cargo onto the ship and needed all hands to do it. Though he hated the idea of not being at Sapphire's side during a skirmish, Dom had to believe she could handle things on her own. There was a reason she was made into a guard.

They carefully descended from the roof and Dominic made his way to the large crane that was loading the crates. He scaled the large machinery and yanked open the door, pulling the man out who was operating it. After quickly knocking the man out, he sat down in the seat and looked at all the different levers. This was much different from the smaller crane they had back at the junkyard, but it wasn't going to deter him from figuring out and quickly at that. He continued lifting and moving one of the last crates towards the ship, before pushing the button to release the hook. The box came falling down with a loud crash, spilling the contents within. Large bricks of drugs spilled out onto the deck, littering the surrounding area. He climbed out of the machine as everyone's eyes came to the crane, wondering what had happened. The look on his brother's face was priceless. 

Dominic quickly pulled out his cell phone and dialed the police as he jumped down to take cover. It wasn't long before he was being fired upon by Eric's men. He heard his brother's yelling to cease fire while he gave the operator his location and hung up the connection. "I told you to stay away, Dominic!"

He took a deep breath as his back remained against the warehouse building to take cover from the possible chance he would get shot. "Have I ever listened to you?"

"Is your little friend here too?" he asked to which Dominic hoped Sapphire was okay. "I told you what would happen if you tried to interfere with my shit!"

Dominic peered around the corner and saw his brother nodding to the men to split up and head around either side of the warehouse to catch him in the middle. He looked up and quickly scaled the water drums nearby to get onto the rooftop where he saw Sapphire taking off into the sky to head back towards them. A sense of relief washed over him before he took a full run towards the end of the roof and leaped over the edge at this brother. 

Sapphire listened to him about the plan as she smirked. Once Dom hit the button, Sapphire took to the sky quickly to fly to the front of the ship. Her eyes looked around as she saw the men around as they scattered to go see what was happening. That was her chance to go and destroy the navigation and the steering equipment. Once she was done, Sapphire felt someone grab her which she quickly burned them before running out of the room. She turned her head and looked around as a few men where coming after her. 'I guess some stayed to continue to work.' she thought as Sapphire smirked. Sapphire jumped and took to the sky and dodged every bullet that was shot at her. As a smile as on her face, Sapphire didnt noticed until it happened that she was shot in the arm. The pain was bearable but she needed to get out of there. 

The young phoenix flew over and noticed Dom jump onto his brother. She flew down and smirked as she was going to help him while he took his brother. Sapphire landed on her feet as she smirked at the men running at her. A chuckle escaped her lips as she ran at them, with her talons extended  as her wings were open. The few that were close to her, where clawed right under the knee so they would be able to get up while the others were burned  by the fire she had. The other few men that werent burned ran at her as she smirked and ran at them and used her hand to hand combat. Sapphire would wince with the bullet wound in her arm but that didnt stop her. 'I thought I would be already healed by now.' She thought as she kicked a few guys. Sapphire did back flips and took them down with all her power. 

Dominic landed on his older brother, knocking them both to the ground in a rough tumble. He quickly got to his feet and dodged the first kick thrown his way as they both gathered themselves. They each took a defensive stance and Eric gave him a smirk. Dominic lowered his hands in one last attempt to reach his brother. "What the hell, Eric? This isn't you. This isn't us!" he yelled, referring to his family and how they were brought up. 

Eric spit to the side and shook his head. "It's too late for all that crap. Save your breath. I couldn't get out even if I wanted to and I don't." He saw his eyes flicker over to Sapphire who was holding her own against a group of Eric's men. "Where'd you pick up that little spitfire? Is she the one, little brother?" His words were laced with sarcasm.

"We're colleagues and as you can see, bringing her along was a good idea." The sudden sounds of sirens could be heard in the near distance and Dominic gave a slight nod in their direction. "I called the police. It's over."

Eric laughed and clapped his hands together. "You think you've figured it all out, huh? I'll be bailed out or released on minimal charges. You don't seem to get how big this is. We own the police." He began circling Dominic and he matched his brother's steps. "Either that or you've signed my death warrant because they won't let me live. Not with all the things I know about their operation. So if you're trying to do me a favor, guess what? You probably just got me killed by the hands of someone in prison. So thanks, little brother!"

With that, Eric rushed at Dominic, charging his midsection. They both went to the ground with Eric on top of him, throwing a barrage of punches. Dom quickly put his guard up and caught his brother's arm. He didn't hesitate to hit Eric by surprise and push him off. The two stood again and began exchanging blows. They had always sparred when they were younger, even getting into a few stupid physical altercations as brothers sometimes did. He never imagined it would end up like this between them.

The sirens suddenly intensified as the cop cars flew down the dock towards them. As Dominic looked towards them, Eric took the opportunity to punch him in the jaw. The guard staggered backwards when all of a sudden his mouth dropped slowly in shock. Eric followed his brother's gaze as they both watched the ship heading straight for the dock with no signs up stopping. "Holy shit..." Dom muttered lowly as the sounds of wood splintering apart split the air louder than the approaching police units. 

The two kin quickly retreated as fast as they could; Dominic seeing Sapphire taking out another one of the lackeys. "Sapph, run!!" Everyone on the dock began to run while the barge continued its destructive path. Small explosions went off sending debris everywhere. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw a barrel heading straight towards Sapphire. Dominic quickly wrapped his arms around her and fell to the ground as it whizzed passed their heads, knocking a few of the men down. He grabbed her hand and pulled her to her feet. "Get to higher ground!" he yelled over the chaos. His eyes scanned the vicinity, but his brother was nowhere to be found.

Sapphire heard the sirens as she took the last lackey out as she turned to Dom. Her eyes flickered over to what they were staring at, the ship coming towards them. "Fuck," she muttered as she ran once she heard Dom yell at her. Sapphire ran fast with her small frame, letting her be faster than normal humans. The phoenix ran as fast as she could  as she could hear sirens and chaos happening behind her. "Damn." She muttered as she let out a hiss of pain. She wondered why the would wasnt healing quickly but she continued to run as fast she could. 

Without noticing, Sapphire let out a small scream when she was grabbed and knocked to the ground. She was about to fight off who ever it was but noticed that it was Dom saving her. She smirked as Dom helped her up to her feet. "Ok." She yelled back as she quickly ran faster before jumping onto an emergency ladder to get down off a roof. Sapphire calmed quickly as she didnt want to bring her wings out in front of the police. Once she as on the roof, Sapphire looked down and scanned the vicinity for Dom. "DOMINIC!" She shouted over all the chaos. Her blue eyes continued to look around, searching for any sign of Dom.

Dominic watched Sapphire get to safety and continued looking around the chaotic scene for his brother. People were running in mass hysteria as the ship continued its path through the dock and he wondered what it was going to take to get the massive thing to stop. Another explosion sounded off nearby and he felt the force of the blast push him off his feet and into the air. He landed hard against the metal fire escape to one of the warehouses and hung on. The ringing in his ears was making everything sound muffled as he tried to get his bearings and pull himself over the banister. He landed with a hard thud and staggered to his feet, bracing himself. Dom shook his head a few times before hurrying up the stairs to see Sapphire on the roof. 

He ran over to his fellow guard and looked her over. She didn't seem to have sustained any serious injury. As he scanned over the scene, there was still no sign of his brother. The police began to swarm the area and many of the men were being arrested, though others had gotten away along with Eric. Dominic cursed and ran a hand through his hair, flinching in response to a sharp pain. He lifted his arm up and noticed a large piece of glass had embedded itself inside of his skin which he hadn't even noticed through the adrenaline coursing through him. He closed his eyes and grit his teeth while pulling out the shard and tossing it down onto the rooftop. 

There was a loud sound of the warehouse door below them being forced open. "Let's go. I don't want to be seen up here and then have to deal with questions these cops are going to be asking." They ran over to the side of the building and jumped back onto the crates and barrels they had used to get up the first time. His truck was still parked without disturbance and away from most of the scene. Dominic's eyes fell over his shoulder as they made their way to the vehicle. The ship was finally coming to a stop; the metal on metal groaned loudly in protest. Dominic pulled the keys from his pocket and started the truck up until the familiar sound of a gun clicking by his head made him take pause. His eyes moved to the rearview mirror and there was Eric sitting in his backseat with a cocky smile.

"How about you give me a lift, brother? I think we need to do some catching up." Dominic looked over to Sapphire with a resigned sigh and gunned the truck out of the docks, waiting to hear where Eric was planning on taking them.

Sapphire watched him get up on the roof as she listened to him. Watching him pull the glass from his arm made her wince alittle before she then nodded, following him to the truck. Her blue eyes looked around as she ran and jumped onto crates and barrels behind Dom. The young phoenix covered her ears alittle from the sound of metal on metal groaning loudly behind them. She continued to run before hopping into the passenger side seat after opening the door. Sapphire had turned her head to look around before hearing the clicking of a gun. She turned and glared at Eric as she then glance over at Dom. 

The young phoenix sat there as she continued to keep an eye out on Eric, while Dom started to drive out of the docks. A burning anger was boiling inside of Sapphire. Dont get her wrong but she disliked Eric even though he was Dom's brother. To keep Dom from getting killed in his truck, Sapphire just sat in the seat quietly as she waited for Eric to tell Dom where to go. Her blue eyes would glance over at Dom every once in a while before looking at Eric again. Everything was quiet for a moment, the only thing that could be heard was the hum of the truck engine as they drove. 

As the truck continued down the highway, it was eerily silent between the three. Dominic's mind whirled at all the possibilities that could happen with Eric in control. He didn't think it was possible for his brother to do what he was doing now, but desperation was a funny thing and so was hatred and revenge. Dom knew he couldn't possibly imagine what his brother had gone through when his girlfriend and unborn child were killed. He just wished their relationship hadn't become so strained since their parents died. Never in his wildest dreams did he expect to be where they were now. "Eric, put the fucking gun down."

His brother scoffed and leaned back in the seat nonchalantly. "How about no? Let's get back to your cabin."

"I'm not going there. I'm bringing you to the police station." Dominic moved into the far lane to take the exit.

In the mirror, he could see him pointing the gun at Sapphire while looking at Dom's reflection. "I wouldn't do that if I were you. I don't think you get it. They'll get to me in prison and have me killed, anyway." There was desperation in his voice along with anger. He knew there was a chance to get through to him somehow, but the years that they'd been separated gave him no confidence anymore in how to do it. "Now, to Therian woods."

Dominic drove the truck through the therian territory and finally turned up the dirt road leading to his home. They walked up to the front door and he pushed it open, leading the other two inside. He walked inside and turned around to face his brother while folding his arms over his chest. 

Eric walked in and began taking in his surroundings. The elder of the two moved about the space and a smile spread over his face. "Same old Dominic. Scattered bottles of alcohol and empty take out boxes." His eyes continued scanning until they fell on the more personal belongings in the cabin that had more meaning to their heritage and family. Eric stopped in front of the two pictures of his ancestors in their native ceremonial dress. He could see the features on his face change before standing in front of the fireplace where the only picture he had of his immediate family sat. The photo held a moment in time when the whole family was together for the last time before Eric and their younger sister went off to follow their own lives while Dominic stayed behind to help with the family farm.

Dom could see that his brother was visibly shaking and he knew that would have to be the key to calming him down. The glass in the picture frame broke and he threw the picture across the room with a yell. "Eric..."

"Shut up! Just.. don't say anything."

He fell silent and let his gaze fall to where Sapphire was standing near the door still, wondering how they were going to get out of this with the best resolution.

RSS

© 2024   Created by ✓ Ophelia Dreyvalian ~Admin~.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service