Began with an angel hunting in the wrong place, and A Therian with good timing.

Name: Siobhan

Species:  Pure Nephilim

Short Bio: Learning how to function in a world she had never known with the help of Isaac who is the man who saved her life when she had nowhere else to go. She works for him as his assistant.  Which leads her many places around the town for him. Some times she returns to the woods when she is feeling overwhelmed it is her safe place.

Name: Dominic 

Species: Therian

Short Bio: A woodsman in every sense, but an Ailward Guard first. The big guy you hope is on your side when shit goes down ;)

Views: 4060

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Siobhan smiled at him as when he looked to him it was as if he was seeing her for the first time the slight gasp he gave out before catching himself made her blush. as she held on to his neck and ran her thumb along his neck she laughed "Oh of course Billie Mae left it, must have been why I didn't hear the door open she must have just popped in and out." she smiled as she ran her hand along the bold dress and smiled softly at him before watching him pull away from her in pain, but before she could as him if he was okay he replied with it was a headache and disappeared into the bedroom. "Humm." she let out as she then turned an walked towards the photo that hung on the wall. She stood there feeling as if someone was touching her back and she couldn't focus until his voice filled her  ears once again. she turned to face him and smiled once and nod "Yes so ready I need a drink." she said as she moved closer to him and walked out the door he opened for her.

She walked to his truck with him as she climbed in she watched him closely as he walked around, he was off something wasn't right and she hoped that a night of drinking would break that tension and make him relax some. She pulled at the dress in an attempt to keep it in place but it was failing as the slit seem to expose more of her leg and she gave up messing with it as he climbed into the cab of the truck and she looked to him with a soft smile "Ready for a drunken night? We may have to get a room in the city." she said as he began to drive. The quiet stretched out between them as he drove towards the city. She leaned back in the seat and watched as they left the woods behind them. When the pulled up to bar that he must have known she got out of the truck and looked up to the bar as the winter air wrapped around her causing her to shiver.

She followed him as he walked to the front of the line and they were let in she took in the music and smiled softly as she followed him to the bar taking the drink that he offered her. She sat on one of the stool and took a long sip of the drink and looks to Him as his eyes moved around the club. She finished the drink and got another one as her eyes moved around the club landing on a few people who looked to her making her wonder if she should have worn her jeans and a shirt she cleared her throat and downed her drink in her hand as she took another one. It was clear that he was going to have to carry her by the end of the night but she need this after the all that had been happening she could give into her vices.  She felt the warmth fill her and smiled dopely towards Dominic as she stood up taking his hand pulling his attention back to her. "Hey you okay?" she asked as she could barely 

She smiled to him as she down the third drink and sat the empty glass on the counter and dropped his hand as she moved towards the dance floor she looked back to him, her eyes locked with his as she moved back, moving her hips slowly and her fingers ran along her own flesh as she closed herself losing her body to the music for a moment. She need this as her head became lightheaded with the alcohol and she moved to the music she could feel a set of hands wrap around her hips as someone pulled her closer, keeping her eyes closed as she danced hoping it was him that joined her on the dance floor as she turned in the arms of the person she kept eyes closed as they moved together.

Dominic nodded to the barman who he knew quite well from being a bouncer for the establishment on occasion. Thankfully, they wouldn't have to worry about getting drinks easily while the hundreds of people packed the place. He set another beer down in front of Dominic and he popped the cap off with his teeth, taking a long swig of the drink. His eyes fell onto Siobhan as she moved along with the music. A smirk tugged at the corner of his mouth as he tilted his head to the side and watched her hungrily. Leaning backwards against the bar in his stool, he watched as several men looked at Siobhan with the typical underlying perversion that men tended to have. He put the bottle back to his lips and tried to ignore their stares, being glad he wasn't a Nephilim that could read the minds of humans, though he wondered if Siobhan was doing it now to these mortal men.

A sudden nagging in his brain was making him become twitchy and antsy. It was the feeling from the silo again; an itch in his thoughts that he couldn't scratch. There was a man who slinked his way over towards Siobhan and it was all that he could stand. His knee was bouncing uncontrollably and he shut his eyes trying to not let the feeling take control. Running a hand through his hair, Dominic stood from the barstool and pushed his way through the people as he made his way to the dance floor. There was nothing but red in front of his mind and he wasn't sure if he was going to be able to control himself. The Therian came up behind Siobhan as the man pulled her close. He clenched his one fist while the other held the beer bottle at his side, to which a thought flashed in front of him that had the glass shattering across the human's face. Dom shook the thought away and caught the eye of the man as his gaze fell on him, which had finally left hers. It only took a single look from Dominic and the man dropped his hold on Siobhan and took an about face to move away from them. His free hand slipped around her waist from behind as he could tell she was wondering what had just happened to the person in front of her. He lowered his head down to her ear, pulling her roughly back against him. "I need some air." Dominic let his hand slip into hers and he pulled her along as they made their way to the back entrance that led to the rooftop.

The bouncer and Dominic gave a knowing nod to one another, letting him push the heavy metal door that led outside. When the colder air hit him in his face, he could feel himself calming down. The Devil wasn't going to control him. 'I control myself,' he thought. It was becoming his new mantra. He dropped her hand to lean against the wood railing lining the rooftop to take a few deep breaths without her noticing. When he turned back around, it was much more clear to him that she was drunk. Dominic couldn't help but smirk as he moved closer to her. He placed a hand on her arm and let it slowly slide down to her fingers again. "You okay there, Parker?" Siobhan's eyes had become glassy as he found her gaze, seeing the purple tint wavering within. When the next song came on, it didn't take her long to start moving with it. Now, most of his taste fell within the rock genre, but then there were songs outside of it that he surprisingly to many, took a liking to. Working in the many bars, restaurants, and clubs around Evermore, it was inevitable that he was going to start learning a lot of the music. This was one he actually liked a lot. 

Dom watched as the angel danced with music. He smiled and leaned back against the enclosure, taking a drink from his bottle. His eyes moved over her body from head to toe and he couldn't stand not touching her any longer. He put the beer down on the table next to him and reached out, pulling her against him as he stayed on the wall. His one hand wrapped around her waist as he pushed some of her hair behind her ear with his other. Siobhan continued to dance against him and he smirked. "You can't hold your liquor, Love," he teased, whispering in her ear. The rooftop had been nearly empty of patrons and it was nice that he could be there with her in their own little space. 

Siobhan hips swayed to the music as an unknown males hands pulled her  body flesh to his though the moment was short lived as the male pulled away and stronger hands came to her hip pulling her back she could smell his scent as it filled her nose and she felt his broad chest on her bare back and smiled faintly as his mouth whispered into her ear causing her to shiver slightly to his light breath against her flesh.  She felt his hand slip into hers and pull her from the dance floor she cast a sad gaze but followed close behind him. She walked with him on the roof of the club and she held the drink in one hand that she grabbed from one of the trays walking by and smirked to him as he leaned against the railing.

He still seemed so stiff but as he asked if she was okay and she smiled with a glassy look "I am very okay." she said softly and as the next song came on she began to sway ever so slowly as the dress flowed from side to side the slit riding farther up, She  looked up to the city lights as she danced, the lights were the first thing she saw in the city that made her want to learn more about city life, and even though she loved the woods far more then the city, the lights dancing around them were so beautiful. She Felt his arm pulling him closer and looked to him as she swayed against him as he traced her blonde hair behind her ear with his finger gently. "Oh hush I am having a normal night." she said to him as she leaned closer to him closing her eyes as she laid her head against his shoulder swaying against him slowly.

So she spent the next hour drinking,  and swaying to what ever song came on chuckling till him as she was sure she said some stupid things but he only seemed to chuckle at her, when it was just them he seemed far more relaxed to her and then she got the idea in her head, "I'll be right back." she muttered softly as she pushed off of his chest making sure she could step away and walked over to the bar to the bartender "Can I borrow a pen?" she asked and took the one he offered before walking back to him "I want to get some new ink." She said as she took the cap off the pen and handed it to him and rested her right arm on the table "Some colorful ink." She said as she began to draw the outline of what she wanted on her arm. Even drunk she could draw the outline beautifully. She spent about thirty minutes with her tongue stuck out focused on her arm before she was satisfied and sat the pen down and looked to him. The mood filled with Daisies. "What do you think?" she asked, for his opinion on this meant a lot to him.

"Take me some where so I can get it done," When he put his hand up knowing he was going to tell her it was a bad idea she looked to him with a serious face. "I'm serious please." She said and after a long moment of staring at each other she saw him give in as he nodded and led her back to the truck. Once inside she looked to the drawing on her arm and ran her finger over lightly, she wouldn't admit it out loud but it was a reminder of him, She knew that Dominic was determined as her protector and if he had his way he would die for her, but she wasn't sure how that sat with in her. She didn't dwell on the thought as he pulled up to a tattoo parlor and she climbed out of the truck. She had began to sober up.

As they walked in and she smiled to the tattoo artist and walked over to him "Good evening sir." She said as she held her arm right arm and looked to him "Think you can do this with daises?" She asked  and when the man nodded and lead her back to the chair and did his think she looked up to Dominic, "Have I ever told you how I got my tattoos being out in the middle of no where?" she asked as she leaned her head to the side. When Dominic shook his head she smiled sleepily "My brother snuck off to the city a lot. He came back with a kit one night and wanted to practice his skill cause he wanted to be a tattoo artist not a farmer." she said as she leaned her head back and chuckled softly. "So we started simple he did the earth sign to help me feel grounded." her thumb grazed the small earth tattoo near her breast. "It had to be hidden from Mom cause she would have flipped out on my brother and well honestly I liked being a rebel." She smirked faintly and sighed  as her hand dropped,  "When I turned eighteen I could fight the urge to have a cross on me so I let him tattoo me again. Now I understand why being..." she cut herself off but she knew he would understand she was about to say Nephilim.

"Next Came the arrow after my father told me I mastered my archery skills to surpass even him. My father use to tell me I was an arrow. it can only be shot by pulling it backwards, So when life is dragging me back with difficulties, it means that I am going to be launched into something great. So I need to just stay focus and keep aiming." she couldn't help but smile as she thought about what her father use to tell her and how she went through so much but found Dominic out of it. "Lastly The rose." She said lifting her left arm and chuckled "Was for my grandmother Rose who died when I was sixteen she reminded me of an angel so much." she said and then felt the artist began to work on the daisy crescent moon. She didn't flinch as she relaxed closing her eyes. Time passed she wasn't sure how much until the moon was done and she looked down to it and smiled wide to the daisy covered moon. "Its beautiful." she said as she looked to it and smiled wide "Thank you." she said.  She slid out of the chair and lifted the slit of her dress were a guarder held her ID and Debit card and pulled it free from the lace belt that enloped her leg to hand to him.

So, this was what it was like to have a normal night together. He couldn't even begin to think of a time when the two of them could just be without some type of drama where someone was trying to kill them. Yes, there was something not really right with him, but Dominic didn't care. Right now, he just wanted to be like any other couple in the world. It seemed like Siobhan was having a good time too which was really all he wanted in the end. She deserved it and so much more. More than he thought he could offer her.

She suddenly pushed away from him and went to the bar. His eyebrow raised in confusion as he took a sip from his bottle and watched her coming back with determination and what appeared to be a pen. Siobhan sat at the table and began to draw on her arm, revealing that she wanted to get another tattoo. He let out a chuckle and watched as she feverishly began to get her idea out onto her skin. It was true, inspiration could come at any moment and it seemed to hit her hard. Dominic found himself watching her as she focused on her task. The way the light fell into the shadows of the curve of her body and how her head tilted to the side as her mind worked out what to do next with the design. Her tongue stuck out as she concentrated and he smirked, wanting to move the hair away from her face as it fell forward into her way. 

A sudden realization made him take pause. Dominic had seen plenty of people at bars and clubs look at someone they cared about in a certain way where it was unmistakable that they loved the other. It wasn't when they were drunk and acting a fool, but when the world had fallen away and the person was looking at the other, usually without that other person even knowing it. It was the way he was looking at her now. His gaze lowered onto the floor as his mind had drifted, but came back when he noticed Siobhan was talking to him. She was asking him about the drawing she'd just made which he hadn't even noticed since being totally enveloped in his thoughts. "Um, it's great, actually," which he realized may have sounded wrong. "I mean, it's pretty. Seriously. I like it." 

He moved back as she stood up. Everything was suddenly awkward now that he'd stepped into a part of his feelings that scared him. Siobhan looked up at him with earnest and demanded he take her to get the tattoo now. "Like, right now?" Dominic's eyebrows furrowed as he smirked. Talk about spontaneous. It usually wasn't a good idea to get ink done while intoxicated. This was something for life, after all, but he could tell by the look she was giving him that this was not an argument he was going to win. Dominic nodded with a sigh. "Okay, Parker, let's get you tatted." After finishing off his beer, he took her hand in his, put his jacket around her shoulders, and led them out of the club.

Dominic only ever went to one shop to get his tattoos and that was exactly where he headed for her. The shop was still downtown and only five blocks away. It wasn't long before she was in a chair and the familiar buzzing of the tattoo machine started. Though he had certainly seen the other tattoos Siobhan had on her body, it was the first time she had told him about their origins. It was nice to hear that they all had some significance and he wondered what about this new one made her want to get it so suddenly. After the artist finished wrapping her arm with gauze, Dominic stepped in front of her as she tried to pay for the tattoo and gave the man cash instead with an included tip. He turned to face Siobhan to give her a kiss on the cheek. "We'll call it a late birthday present." Giving a nod to the guys in the shop in farewell, Dominic interlaced his fingers with hers and they left the shop to walk the busy street. There were still hundreds of people out and about to enjoy the nightlife. "It came out really nice. Why the sudden need to get it done?"

As Dominic stepped between Siobhan and  the tattoo artist "Dom." she was going to fight him but sighed softly and gave in as she slid the card back into the band around her thigh and looked up to him "It is I who should be giving you a late birthday present, not the other way around but I won't fight you." she chuckled softly as her head was still slightly spinning as she took hold of his hand as they walked out of tattoo parlor and began to walk, her fingers twisted with his and smiled at how tiny her hand looked in his as they walked looking to the shops as they walked and then looked to him as he began to ask her why she need to get it done all of a sudden "I had the urge to do it so I did it." She said looking down to the bandage arm and smirked softly "After almost losing you today I knew that one day I could lose you and I needed something to remember you." she looked down to the gauze wrapped around her arm "The moon is cause well you know cause of what you are." she looked up to him sleepily " The Daisy could mean many different things: Innocence's, Purity, New beginnings, True love." She quickly glossed over the last thing she said and moved on. "So I got it because you mean something to me, it that was how I expressed myself in that moment. I hope you don't mind me doing so."  Said and looked back up to his hazel eyes as they strolled slowly next to on another.

When he broke their gaze into each others eyes she still looked to him, taking in his rugged features as they only seemed to soften when it was just the too of them, the slight upturn of the edge of his lips. She smiled softly as she wanted to reach up and touch his face just to hold it in her hands. She could look at him for hours and never feel the need to look away, she always wanted to be the reason he smiled, She felt the stir of feeling, they had been stirring for him for a while but he had told her he wasn't the type to fall in love. She swallowed hard and looked away when he looked to her, her blue orbs looking out to the city lights as they danced in the moonlight. "One thing about the woods that beats the city is the stars, but this place has its beauty also." she said softly and smiled as the air whipped around them causing her to  pull closer to him, "Remind me next time to bring a jacket." she chuckled to him. 

As they walked they seem to have found themselves inside of a park and and she looked as it was lined with Christmas lights and smiled softly to him. The walked down the path as they walked to a small bridge that was over the small lake in the middle of the park she stopped on it leaning against the rail as she looked down to the water catching her reflection and smiled  as she looked out over the water at the end of the water seeing people lighting paper lanterns and letting them go she watched them as the danced in the air. Her eyes widen in wonderment as her hand wrapped around his and watched them dance in the air "What are they doing?" She asked as she looked to him and caught him staring at her and she chuckled softly "What is my hair a mess?" she reached up and tucked her blonde locks behind her ear before she looked down feeling a blush burn on her cheek. "Something on my face?" she touched her own cheek.

Dominic listened to her explain the reasoning behind getting the tattoo and felt himself swallowing the lump forming in his throat. It was hard to hear that she had permanently marked her body in remembrance of him and their time together. Not that the time with her wasn't meaningful for him. He would be lying to himself if he said he didn't enjoy her company more than he had with anyone in a long time; even when the world seemed against them. Though, these were exactly the reasons he would inevitably start pushing her away as he did with anyone that started to want more from him. However this time, it was him starting to question if he could only keep this casual.. and that scared the hell out of him. 

He tore his gaze away from her and looked ahead as he guided them to the nearby park which was covered in lights for the holidays. He couldn't think about it now. Especially when he didn't know how many nights they would have together when they somehow sorted through the crazy that was happening in their lives. Between people trying to kill her or take her, sprinkling their feelings for each other on top of it would only add to the stress. So for now, Dominic would keep her close; selfishly as always. 

His eyes found hers and he smirked at her mention of the beauty in the city. "It has its moments. Mostly when it comes to food," he said jokingly with a smile, though it was the truth in ways. It's not like he ever cooked for himself much. "And one of these moments might be coming up if we get there in time. Come on." Dominic led her farther through the park where dozens of people were gathering to the edge where it ended in several piers and the 17th century ships on the river. They came upon the small bridge that stretched across the lake where a few more patrons of the park had gathered and he watched as Siobhan took notice of the lanterns people were lighting and releasing into the air. 

Dominic saw the reflection in the lanterns dance in the blues and purples of her eyes as she stared in awe and curiosity. If only he could stop time right now. It wasn't fair that Celestials had that power alone. He wanted this memory to burn into his mind forever and would do anything to keep it. A smirk pulled at the corner of his mouth when Siobhan asked why he was looking at her. His lips parted as if he was going to tell her exactly the reason he was staring at her, but then he cleared his throat and nodded towards the festival. "They do this every year during the holidays. Kids will write their Christmas List on the lanterns and release them into the air for it to get to the North Pole. Adults will write their resolutions for the New Year." He took her hand in his from the railing and jogged down the wooden bridge towards the river piers. 

He paid for a couple of the last lanterns and grabbed some markers, handing her one of each as they caught their breath from the run. "Make it something good," Dominic said, pulling the lighter from his leather jacket that still hung around Siobhan's shoulder. "Preferably along the lines of surviving another day." He chuckled at his joke and pulled the cap of the marker off with his mouth. The sound of the cannons on the ship went off and he knew they were going to release more of the lanterns on the water as people were still letting them go on shore around them. There was only one thing he could think to write down on his lantern and so he did, letting out a short sigh when it was done. A small smile spread over his face as he lit both lanterns and let his go, pulling her closer to him. If only he could stop time right now...

Siobhan worried her words freaked him out the reason she got the tattoo, knowing she should have kept her words to herself not to scare him, but in the end she was drunk and couldn't keep her mouth shut. She was content if this was the only normal night they would have then she would not let it go to waste knowing that the next day things could change. So she embraced his touch as he held her close till they were standing in the park. It was selfish of her to want him as much as she did, but for tonight she was going to be selfish and hoped he would give in for the night, and with the way she kept catching him looking to her, she felt like maybe it would happen for the night. They could return to their serious demeanor and fighting for the lives tomorrow.

Her gaze met his once again and she chuckled softly as he talked about food. “Such a wolfy.” she said as their hands still held in one another as the moved deeper through the park. Those Lanterns would be burned in her memory forever as she watched them raise in the sky. The beauty of the lanterns dancing with one another caused her to gasp out ever so softly. She didn’t want this moment to end as she leaned against him as he was quiet for a moment leaving her question unanswered but it was okay this moment was beautiful. “Every year?” She asked with a soft smile and looked to him “I am going to have to come back next year this is too beautiful to miss.” She said and then felt his hand in hers again. Pulling her along as she made sure not to fall in the heels she was wearing and then chuckled as they came to a stop.

“Oh wow we can release some too?” She asked softly as she looked to the paper and chuckled as he told her to write something about surviving another day. She clicked her tongue as she wrote on one side. ‘I want him to be happy.’ quickly turning it so he couldn’t see it, and on the other side she wrote. ‘For him to survive this.’ she stared at it for a moment, she made sure to keep her hands over her writings “Not aloud to read them or it won’t happen.” she chuckled at him and watched him light his and then let hers go. She watched them dance in the air around each other slowly and she smiled up to them.

His warm arm wrapping around her pulling her close to him she sighed happily and leaned her head back on his chest watching the lights float in the sky she turned in his arms wrapping her arms around his waist but her eyes never left the sky watching all the lanterns danced together, this was the most perfect moment, She couldn’t have asked for a better night to be selfish. She tried to push that nagging part out of her mind the part that knew she shouldn’t be selfish that it would only hurt her more in the end when she was going to break their bond, in order to keep him safe and out of Lucifer's control. If the Dark Diviner was as bad as she thought he was, she didn’t need Dominic getting killed over her. She couldn’t let him get killed over her, she knew it would break her heart to release  him but he would be safe.

Her gaze left the lanterns to watch him as he watched the sky. Tears welling up in her eyes at the thought of him forgetting the moments they shared,her being the only one to remember the nights they shared, the longing that burned there, how much she was going to miss him and he wouldn’t have a clue, it surprised her she was able to keep the tears down. She watched him and that sinking feeling sat in as she came to terms that she will forever have the deepest of feelings for this man, she didn’t dare say love, just thinking the word made her stomach flip. She hugged him kissing his neck softly before pulling her gaze back up to the sky just as the lights were beginning to drift far away she pulled back just enough to speak softly “How about we get something to eat? I’m starving.” she chuckled softly looking to him with her blue eyes as she smiled softly. “I am sure you know all the best places to eat, at…” She looked to her phone and chuckled “One o’clock in the morning.” she chuckled softly at him.

Several months later....................

Dominic lay on the floor of his cabin, looking up at the ceiling. He wasn't sure how long he'd been laying there. Hours? Days? Not that it really mattered. Time was all blending together and for all he cared the world could end with him still in the same position; Staring into nothingness as his broken mind wandered to the dark places it conjured. He pulled the bottle of rum to his mouth and drank the last of it before throwing it across the room and hearing it shatter on the ground. More. He needed more. Before the shadows came...

The first dark figure began to spill over the ceiling and morph into its smoke like structure, slinking over his head. Dominic closed his eyes and grit his teeth in anger. His hand fumbled into his pant pocket where he took out a crushed joint and lit it, pulling from it deeply and blowing the vapors up at the creature. "Fuck you..." he muttered with a grin and began to laugh. He put the blunt back in his mouth and watched as the figure danced around above him before opening its mouth to reveal rows of fangs which snapped at him. Dominic laughed again, but it quickly turned into rage as he screamed out and was on his feet, throwing whatever he could grab at the shadows that he could never harm. Were they even there?

"My boy, what on earth are you doing?"

The Therian spun around and saw the one person he hated most. He backed away and leaned against the couch for support, breathing heavily. Pulling the last bit of the joint, Dominic tossed it at Lucifer. "And fuck you, most of all."

The Diviner grinned and watched as it fell just short of his feet. "Well, you certainly are my type, but definitely not in your crazy form. It's a shame seeing you like this, honestly." He started walking towards Dominic to which he flinched in response. Lucifer smiled widely and stopped, putting his hands up. "Don't worry, I'm not here to play today. I just have a job for you."

"No."

"I'm sorry, what? It sounded like you said 'no', but I'm sure I just misheard you." Lucifer put a hand up to his ear before looking around the disheveled cabin. "Jesus man, get a maid. Or a woman. Don't you have plenty of those still?" A wicked grin played over the Diviner's face then. "Ah, or perhaps you're still pining for the one you can't have. If Siobhan could see you now." He watched with delight as he continued toying with Dominic. "Oh, and I won't take no for an answer."

At the mention of her name, Dominic's chest tightened. Siobhan. He would repeat it over and over again every night as he lay on the floor just so he wouldn't forget her. His mind was going and he knew it wouldn't be long before she would be lost to him. He wasn't the same man anymore and he'd pushed her away. He hated himself for it, but it had bought her time away from Lucifer. But what was it for? There was still no way he could see out of keeping Siobhan away from this devil. Soon he would become his puppet and feared he would never know his Nephilim when he looked upon her face. He was already beginning to forget. Dominic instinctively looked down at his bare arms where the tattoos he'd gotten after an all day bender lay in black ink. The one arm a wolf's head lashing out to strike while the other arm was a wolf's head surrounded by daises just above his family's tribal tattoo. Daisies. It was their thing, but he was starting to forget why...

"Yoo hoo, big boy. Spacing out again? That hex is really doing a number on you." The Diviner held a picture up to Dominic of a man he'd never seen before. Or maybe he had. He never knew anymore. "He'll be in the city within an hour to meet up with you about the deal he struck with me. Unfortunately, I'm going to need you to beat some information out of him. I may have told him I'd pay him a large sum of money for an item he procured for me, but really I just want you to figure out where he's stashed the item by any means necessary. Chop chop."

Dominic pulled the large hunting knife from the sheath attached to the back of his jeans and hurled it at Lucifer. He quickly ducked to the side, watching the blade hit the wall and Dominic took the chance to rush him. He was inches from punching him as the Diviner cast a spell which immediately had him doubling over in pain. He fell to his knees, gasping for breath. Lucifer smiled as he watched him writhing until finally releasing him. "Now get going." Dominic pulled himself up and saw he was gone.

An hour later, Dominic was driving into the city and parked his bike in the alley of the closed down warehouse where he was to meet his task. A smaller man was leaning against the brick wall of the building and stood up, putting his arms out in frustration. "Dude, where the hell you been? I've been waiting for twenty minutes." Dominic stalked over and roughly grabbed him by the throat, slamming him against the wall. The man struggled against his strength, but he was only human. A smirk went across Dom's face as he saw the man feebly try and fight him off before letting him go. As he slumped to the ground, the Therian took a fistful of his collar and dragged him inside of the abandoned building. 

Dominic tossed the man inside and turned him over. His eyes were glowing red as the hex pushed him farther into violence and madness. He knelt over the man throwing punch after punch. Soon, his clothes were covered in blood and the man's face was beaten badly. "Where is it?" he growled, punching the man again. He was gurgling on his own blood and spit it out in attempts to breathe, getting on Dom's face. This only infuriated him more and he let out another assault on the man. Suddenly, the sound of the metal door opened and he saw someone stepping into the warehouse.

It was a young woman. Blonde. Her scent drifted over to him and he snarled. A Nephilim. He hated Nephilims... He dropped the unconscious man and stood up, staring her down. "Get out." She could hurt him. More of the magic. More of the pain. Just like Lucifer. No. He wouldn't let her. 'Kill her first.' The shadows. They were coming. They always came. He shook his head to make them stop, but they were starting to surround her. Taunting him. Laughing. His fists clenched next to him and he heard the man on the ground stir. Dominic let his gaze flicker to him briefly before going back to the Nephilim. She looked familiar... 'Kill her first' Someone sent her. For him. No one knew he would be here, but Lucifer. Yes. She was there to kill him. Maybe he sent her. More of his games. He would kill them both. The man suddenly grabbed onto Dominic's boot as he coughed. He pulled out his knife. He'd finish this human off first. Then the girl. Yes. They would die. His eyes glowed a brighter red and he leaned down over the man, putting the knife to his throat.  

Seven months, it’s had been seven months since the night Siobhan and Dominic had their normal night out on the town which included Siobhan getting drunk and getting a tattoo that had meaning behind it of her feelings for Dominic. After that night everything seemed fine at first but slowly things started changing. It started with him placing space between them whether he meant to or not, slowly turning from going to bed together every night to her waking up without him there in the morning, to him no longer going to bed with her at all. At some point their exchanges changed from long conversations to short ones.Their physical contact went from passion to only touching each other when training. It came to a point where Dominic had chose to stay in his wolf form days at a time leaving her alone in his cabin making her feel more and more unwelcomed. Though she couldn't bring herself to release the bond they had, not yet. One night she decided to return to the city to find some kind of normal life with her abilities under control being able to use them she didn’t feel so helpless, so she left him a note. The note stated she would be returning to the city to take back up her job as Isaac assistant and would return on the weekends for training.

Returning to the city she got her own place no longer wishing to live with Isaac soon her job for him end soon after her return once again as she began to learn about Nephilim weapons that were very dangerous in the hands of humans. At some point she stopped returning to Dominic’s focusing on training and hunting down artifacts. But when lonely nights came she would flip through the photos of him she had on her phone, looked to the tattoo on her arm that reminded her of him , crying softly as she drank herself to sleep. Every morning she thought of calling him but she would push that aside and busy herself until it was night time again. She would spend hours at a boxing gym with another male Nephilim who was keeping her in shape and sharp and never asked to many questions.

When night over took she began to place herself into dangerous situations whether it be in  short dress to draw out someone who wished harm on others, She did many things to keep the humans safe from other supernaturals along with trying to find Nephilim artifacts. That's where tonight brought her. She stood in the shadows of a building as the wind whipped her coat around her body as she watched the human who was to have an Nephilim blade one of the few items that could kill a Nephilim easily. She crossed her arms watching the human wondering when the buyer would show so she could kick their faces in and get home already.

The rawr of a motorcycle filled her ears and she closed her eyes a burn in her chest built as she spoke to herself “It’s not him. It’s never him.” She opened her eyes when the motorcycle came to a stop and her eyes widen as she watched the massive form slid off of it. “Dominic?” she said as she watched him take hold of the human she had been watching grabbing him roughly by the throat. This wasn’t the Dominic she knew he was acting rabid almost as he took the human and disappeared. She was frozen in that moment, actually seeing him after so long made her heart hurt.

She shook her head to focus, she need to stop him from harming the human but they were gone “shit.” she muttered as she ran across the street. She need that man alive until she got what she wanted and it seemed that Dominic may have other ideas but why would Dominic have other ideas, he never attacked without reason, maybe the man had slept with his new girlfriend, That thought made her heart ache and she cleared her mind again. She followed the trail of blood to the abandon building, She heard the growling and snarls from the outside of the building and she rocked back on her heels and pushed on the door and walked inside of the building. Her eyes took a moment to adjust to the dim light in the building and her eyes locked with Dominic. They were not those beautiful Hazel she loved, nor the ice white of his lone wolf but bright red. His snarl at her chilled her to the bone what had happened to him.

Her eyes left him and down to the man he was beating up on the ground as he he pulled out the knife. “DOMINIC!” She screamed and was there in front of him stopping the blade from connecting with the human as it struck her gauntlet covered arm but still the force that meet her arm made her wince. She looked to the human and hissed out “Run.” As the man rolled away she turned her body to fully face Dominic as she knocked the knife from his hand and she breathed out heavily. “What the hell is wrong with you Dominic? What did this human do to you?” She asked and pushed on his chest trying to get him away from the human “Out here beating up on humans now I thought you would at least fight someone who could fight back!” she screamed as her eyes began to burn bright purple at him.

His name? She knew his name. How? No.. it's just a trick. Nephilim and Diviners against him. He hesitated slightly, but pulled back and drove the knife down. The Nephilim blocked the blow and he felt the blade hit something hard as it bounced off her arm. She knocked the blade away and pushed him backwards. Why wasn't she attacking him? She kept calling his name. Maybe he knew her. Maybe... Her eyes suddenly began to glow with the familiar color of an angel who was about to use their power. No! She was here to kill him. It's a trick. The smoke surrounded her in a frenzy. 'Kill her now!' 

Dominic grabbed the woman's arms and backhanded her across the face. It was clear she was not expecting it from the shock on her face. As she stumbled backwards, he overpowered her and brought her to the ground. The smoke swirled around them both as he knelt over her with his large hands around her throat. Dominic squeezed. He wanted to see those purple hues die until the light in her eyes went out. She flailed out at him. Her nails and hands were desperately scratching and slapping out at him, but his reach was too far and weight too much on top of her. A grin began to spread across Dominic's face as he watched the angel struggle less and less. 

Her hand unexpectedly touched his face gently and he saw a single tear fall from her eye. Suddenly, Dominic was in a field in Therian woods where the Nephilim was on top of him and her wings were folding back inside of her. His heartbeat had quickened as he pulled himself up to look at her in a different light for the first time. A new flash went in front of his mind where they were in his kitchen, kissing. His hands were wandering over her body before he carried her to the bedroom. Another memory began where they were on a river, floating down in tubes during a peaceful day before changing to a scene where they lay on the floor in front of a fireplace. They were naked and he was on top of her, kissing her neck. She had wrapped herself around him and called out his name, breathlessly. "Dominic..." 

"Dominic..." His eyes suddenly unclouded, the red dissipating until they were back to their normal hazel color. He looked down and saw his bloody hands around Siobhan's neck and quickly scrambled backwards against the wall. He hit her. He hit her and nearly strangled her to death. The Therian felt himself drain of energy as he lay on the ground, feeling the emotions pour out of him. He could barely bring himself to look at her. It had been so long since he saw her. How long would this bout of clarity stay with him before he was back to the madness in his mind? All Dominic wanted to do was reach out and touch her, but how could he now? She needed to get away. Get away from him. Get away from Lucifer. He failed as her Protector. He was useless. 

"Wáptasyi," he said, just above a whisper. "I'm so sorry." Siobhan had every right to stop him, but he couldn't help himself any longer. Dominic rose to his feet and pulled her up to his arms and into a kiss. It was so familiar. Right. Something he hadn't felt in so long in his world of chaos. "You have to leave. He's going to come for you." The confusion passed over her face as she tried to understand what he was talking about. Dominic shook his head and mentally told himself to stay lucid. He had to make her understand before the shadows came. "I made a bargain with Lucifer. I told him to let me live after what happened with Jack and I would help to train you to be a better Nephilim, but it was at a price. I was stupid and selfish. I should've just died. I couldn't leave you..." He put his hand on her tear stained face, his eyes pleading for forgiveness as he continued to rush out his words while she remained silent trying to make sense of his words. "You have to run. Get out of Evermore." 

A voice filled the empty warehouse suddenly and Dominic instinctively pushed Siobhan behind him. Lucifer stood in the large open space with them. "You know, I asked for one simple thing." He casually walked towards them. "But at least you brought me her too. I wasn't going to collect you for another month, Darlin', but it looks like your wolf couldn't take much more of the hex anyway and so our deal is now coming to a close, yes?" A smile spread over the Nephilim's face as he stood nonchalantly with his hands in the pockets of his suit. "Gadyen nan balans, gadyen nan la foi. Se pou nou fe sa yo dwe fe."

Dominic quickly turned to face Siobhan, knowing this would probably be the last time he'd ever see her. He kissed the top of her head and looked down into her familiar blue eyes. "Siobhan, I lo...," he began, but the Therian's eyes rolled to the back of his head and he slumped to the floor.

Siobhan kept pushing him she promised him a long time ago she would never use her mind abilities on him, As she tried to make him snap out of his state of mind she had not seen the backhand coming she gasped out as tears came to her eyes and her hand came to her cheek, as she could feel the bruise forming there. She stumbled away from him and then felt her skull crack against the concrete floor and his hands around her throat she gasped out trying to catch her breath her hands slapping and scratching as she tried to make him stop but she wasn’t stronger than him and she was going to black out if she didn’t do something to stop him.

She manage to swing her hand up enough to touch his face and then she flooded his mind with memories of them, the first time she flew and knocked him off his feet, The kitchen the night they made love to each other, his hands over her body-how much she missed his hands on her body- The river before they were in her childhood home making love for the first time how he was there for her in ways she could never thank him for. “Dominic…” she gasped out as his eyes returned to normal and then his hands  were away from her neck.

She rolled over coughing out as she worked on catching her breath. She looked over to her Therian and moved to stand as she moved to take a step closer to him to see if he was okay while he had a moment of clarity. “It’s okay.” she said just as he was there once again pulling her off her feet kissing her, her eyes fluttered closed as she pressed her lips to his, she couldn’t even recall the last time they had kissed truly kissed it was something she missed. She didn’t want that moment to be over and yet he pulled back talking quickly. His eyes going from focus to unfocus. But in the end she was understanding more and more of what he was saying “you moron.” she said softly with a roll of her eyes “You shouldn’t have done that.” she said cupping his face as she knew the darkness he agreed to was to protect her and she would never forgive herself for that.  She wanted to say more to him but the voice she had heard only in her head sent a chill through her.

She was pulled behind Dominic but she didn’t stay there long as she moved to his side, she was not going to let him take the one person she loved from her. Her eyes locked with the older dark diviner and she crossed her arms as she looked to him and tried to keep her face calm. She looked to Dominic and closed her eyes at the kiss to her head and then bit back the scream she wanted to let go as he feel to the floor. She looked to Lucifer as she stood next to the Therian. “Release the Hex off of him.” she said sternly.

“Darlin’ what do I get out of that?” Lucifer asked as he walked closer to them.

“I will go with you without a fight.” She said as she looked down to Dominic. “Lift the Hex, clean the darkness from his mind. Give me 24 hours alone with him, I will release him as my protector and will meet you in a place of your choosing.” She said as she looked back up to him “He won’t remember me that away and won’t come after us.” She said and let her shoulders slump. “I give you my word.”

“I want to trust that you will do this but sadly.” He waved his hand and placed a bracelet around her wrist “I can not trust you just yet. If you say anything of this plan or go against it I will know. And I will kill him in front of you.” he said sternly as he walked over to Dominic.

“No touching him again after the Hex is removed and I will marry you.” she said looking to Lucifer and held her hand out to him “Deal?”

“Deal.” he smirked taking her hand and lifted it to her lips kissing it softly before chanting removing the hex and the darkness from his soul.

“Send us to his cabin.” she demanded slightly.

“I do like when you are fiesty blondie don’t lose that too much.” he chuckled and waved his hand and the next thing Siobhan looked around dominic cabin it was a mess but that didn’t matter. She was on the floor next to the Therian and sighed softly she picked him up and led him to his bed and laid him down. She cleaned up his house, -along with herself she wore one of his oversized rocker tees- which took away two the the twenty four hours she had with him but she wasn’t ready to wake him. She had to be strong.

She was cooking when she heard his heavy footsteps, “Its almost done.” She said to him and turned looking to him seeing his hazel eyes on her blue ones turning off the burner “How are you feeling?” she asked turning to face him. Her blonde hair falling around her shoulders as she took him in trying to remember every inch of him.

He was running. Always running. It happened every time he dreamed and it was always from the shadows. They were swirling in a frenzy and speeding his way. Dominic ran through Therian woods as they chased him endlessly. Looking back, the faces in the smoke were morphing into the people he'd hurt. The people he'd killed. Lucifer. Siobhan. Himself... He was nearing the edge of the cliff side which led to a drop he would probably not survive. This was how the nightmare always ended. Him jumping to his death and waking up violently. At least the nightmare would be over. Suddenly, Siobhan appeared at the edge of the mountain. This was new. Dominic skidded to a stop in front of her. She was smiling and all in white. A simple wedding dress with a crown of daises. Yea, this was definitely new.

"We have to get out here. They're coming." He looked back and saw them bursting through the trees and heading straight for them. Siobhan smiled at him and kept quiet, moving some of his hair out of his face. She was calm and looking in his eyes, moving her gaze along the rest of his face. Dominic frantically grabbed onto her shoulders. "Sio, we have to leave!" Her eyes suddenly began to glow purple as he heard the shadows nearing. Turning around to take the brunt of the attack, Dominic felt a sudden release of power come off of the Nephilim which caused an invisible barrier between them and the shadows. He watched as the smoke figures fell to ash in front of them. With his mouth hanging slightly open, he turned back to face Siobhan who had a grin on her face. She reached up on her toes to kiss Dominic on the cheek which caused a bright light to start emanating from her. He closed his eyes against the powerful white glare and soon found himself waking in his bed.

His eyes fluttered open and he was staring at the familiar wooden ceiling of his bedroom. He laid there for a few minutes waiting for the smoke creatures to come, but they didn't. Sitting up, Dominic looked around the room. It was clean. The clothes and empty cans and bottles were off the floor and dressers and everywhere else he had thrown them. He racked his brain trying to remember what happened. Did he bring a woman home? And was that food? The smell of someone cooking hit him and he immediately pushed the covers off with an annoyed groan. As his hand reached for the doorknob, Dominic realized they weren't covered in blood. Had the events at the warehouse been another illusion? His mind felt so clear now. The world wasn't hazy and the voices seemed to have gone. 

All at once, a familiar smell hit him hard. Siobhan's scent wafted through the bedroom. He gripped the handle and pulled it open. She was standing in the kitchen in one of his band tees and nonchalantly cooking eggs and bacon. This was just another trick from Lucifer. He hated these games. Dominic slowly walked through the cabin and towards her as she turned to him. His hand went up to touch her face, but he hesitated slightly before reaching for her hair. He waited for the disappointment of the illusion, but it never came. "This is real?" His voice was just above a whisper as he put his hand on her face, brushing his thumb along her cheek and waiting for the lie to reveal itself. "This is real." A smile spread across his features. Wrapping his arms around Siobhan, he lifted her up and put his head against hers. "How? I... I don't remember what happened." Bits and pieces of the night before ran through his mind, but there were still blank spots. Then a flash of him striking her made his face fall. He quickly put her down and stepped back, dropping his gaze to the ground. He hit her. His stomach flipped and he thought he was going to be sick. "I hit you... Sio, I'm so sorry. I wasn't me. I'll never forgive myself." 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by ✓ Ophelia Dreyvalian ~Admin~.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service