She knew it was wrong. How many times had she told herself that it was utterly and inexplicably wrong? More times than she could count to. Yet there she was, the now slightly flaxen haired Aspect of Magic was standing her ground on venturing off to the city of Argolis. Malva had placed all hands on deck upon deciding that she shall go off to Greece to search for any other possible answers she could be provided with, regarding the fall and destruction of their home, Isle of Skye. How could the Russian born woman forget about it? How could any one of them forget what happened? There was no way she could push it aside without investigating about it. Only, she knew she had to push the matter aside for a while as she got down and resolved other problems on her plate.

It has been at least an hour since she had let her eyes linger on the the red ruby pendant that laid prettily on the table not far off from where she stood. Malva leant against the wall of her room and crossed her arms in contempt. She wasn’t sure what to do with the petty little trinket that she has had in her possession for almost four centuries now. For such a small thing, it held a certain aura to it and it wasn’t at all near pleasantries. It held all the dark energy she harnessed for some particular missions back in the days. Sometimes, in order to best the darkness, was to overtake it using the lesser known method. One it doesn’t expect you to go for. Life did have a tendency at wanting the most twisted for everything.

Shaking her head at her own herself, she grabbed the pendant and tossed it into the drawer before closing it furiously and sat on her bed, her sapphire hues never leaving the mahogany wooden table. It didn't last as long as she thought it would though, seeing as Malva went back to grab it and pushed it inside her purse. It wasn’t as if she could avert her attention so easily without any reason to do so despite giving herself one very solid one. Which was to forget about the past and move ahead in her life. But it’s always easier said than done, per usual. The pendant might look fancy and pretty, but it was gleaming in a very malevolent light. And if there was anything Mal knew from centuries of dwelling around magic, it’s that she doesn’t go well surrounding herself with so much dark energy as it tempts her. But she needed it for this journey.

But after what Octavia told her that day, she couldn't forget about it. This is something she needed to do, she convinced herself to do it. Her touch with magic in general had been cut off, albeit not fully, but it doesn't feel like how it was supposed to feel and if Malva couldn't cope or adapt to those changes, then what's the point? Especially with the chaos incited as of late, things were hectic and it was slowly overwhelming the purple dragon to the brink of insanity. Mal had rummaged through her closet yesterday to find one particular book she kept locked away until she realized she didn't bring it with her. Keeping it in the manor should have been the safest choice but not to Malva, that book was way too important to just be laying around so she had kept it somewhere else in 1698. 

Mal didn't pack much, she literally only put enough clothes to last for a few weeks because the Citadel had their own clothes to be worn and they can venture to Athens if they want. Her hair was a lighter shade of brown and it was slightly longer, the Aspect of Magic stared at her reflection in the mirror before making her way downstairs with her luggage, to wait for Octavia at the living room. This trip wouldn't be anywhere near a luxurious vacation to Greece, yeah people know they'll stay at a hotel in Athens but Mal was going on a pilgrimage to Mycenae Citadel located in Argolis which would take all the attention away. She perched one arm on the couch and allowed her white persian ragdoll cat, Seraphire, nestle in her lap. 

Views: 1095

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

He chuckled under his breath when she said making the same mistakes would make mother nature kick their ass “I say let her try” he commented and shook his head in amusement, whatever it was it couldn’t hurt much more than missing someone you’d loved for most of your life but never really had any kind of future with. “Crazy enough to take on the strongest faction known to the supernatural and win” he commented in a soft voice and shook his head slightly, it was honestly a very scary thought to consider “The battle at least...the war seems to be ongoing” and this person was foolish if they thought they could ever scare the Ailward from fighting back for their people.

“I’d feel less sympathy for a psychopath, would be easier to do what will likely need to be done” and by that, he meant that in order to deal with this person they were likely going to need to go against their usual capture tactics and give the order to take whoever it was off the board. He shrugged slightly when she asked what he meant by an original diviner “We still aren’t even sure if those texts were legitimate but if they were...it’d explain why this person is...powerful enough” he rationalized and bit his lip softly “No offense Mal but your people impose all kinds of rules to the supernatural world, you aren’t short on enemies” he knew her intentions were good but good intentions weren’t always enough for those who were hurt.

It was honestly a bit surreal to look in two directions and see the same person, though he could see the subtle differences between them, the fake and the real, the persona that she put on to the world and the person that lay beneath all that facade. “I can see that” he commented in her response to saying her other self wasn’t pleasant “No wonder people think you’re all snark and no nice” he commented in a mumbled breath as he tilted his head. The replica laughed dryly when Mal pointed out the key was fake “Well of course it is...you know where the real one is” she pointed to the darkest corner of the room, Sebastian could barely see what was there but he got a bad feeling about it “Buried among all those bad memories and fears you don’t want to face” the laugh she gave was almost chilling “Still wanna take that bet?” she commented and tilted her head.

Mal scoffed and shook her head in amusement, "That sounds like something you'd say" and her, if she was being honest. The both of them never seemed to have that compliant nature to just follow everything if it's called rules. Though admittedly, compared to Sebastian, Mal was more bound to it because of her position. Which is why sometimes they argue because their views are… different. "That's really crazy then… but then again, they really did manage to dismantle us. Our numbers are decreasing everyday… we don't have the same numbers we used to and the remaining guards we do have now are currently… drained. Somewhat. Things hit hard for us and I have no idea when we'll be able to get back up again." The last time something like this happened was over a century ago. And even then, it took them decades to actually get back to it. 

Malva narrowed her bright hues onto the male standing across her, he had a point. "Psychopath or not, at the end of the day, I'll do what needs to be done anyway. I've never really been a saint, I never have and I don't think I ever will." The decision to cast a spell to erase the existence of the celestials a century ago as well as voting for their captivity was still fresh in her mind. "It's always hard to make decisions though…" It definitely doesn't make it easy. "If this person is really that person, then do you think we'll be powerful enough to stop him alone? Especially in my state right now, it's crazy to even think about it. One flick and I'm probably off the radar" she grumbled under her breath, she hated being weak. 

She had initially glared at him when he said they were not short on enemies but then sighed heavily, "Yeah well… with great power comes great responsibility, I guess. It's to be expected." She wouldn't feel bad about it, since she signed up exactly for that, she had to know what would happen. The aftermath, mostly. If she had a twin sister; albeit a rather evil and cold one compared to the usual her, it'd be this person. She wasn't just a manifestation, she is her, which makes it harder to just get rid of her. A disgruntled groan escaped her when he pointed out what people usually thought of her, "I am all snark and no nice to people, even more so to people I don't like, that's practically part of my personality, tired grumpy dragon remember?" She could feel goosebumps all over body when she peeked over to the darkest corner of the space. 

"You ask me as if I had a choice in this… but then again it is my fault to keep things away in the first place. Yeah, I'm still up for it. You're still me, I'm not gonna die searching through it." No, but you can very well go insane over it, she whispered. "Do you want to accompany me or should I go alone?" She glanced over to the dark diviner with pleading eyes, silently asking for him to walk her through this.

He looked down with a sad thoughtful expression for a moment when she mentioned how her people had been dismantled, while he had never been a guard himself, he made a lot of friends within the guard during his time there and none of them deserved what happened “You have to keep getting up or the bastard wins” he commented in a gruff voice. “Even if it feels impossible” he had learned a long time ago that the worst thing you could do was give in and just let them win, even though it was often the most tempting thing to do.

She wasn’t a saint and she had never painted herself to be one, neither was he. They were two people who had made a lot of mistakes and wrong turns in their lives. They could both be selfish and impulsive. They said things they knew would hurt others just because they couldn’t stand to face their own emotions. “Saints are awfully boring to be around” he commented under his breath, they were always the preachy types who seemed unreal because they would never even admit to their own flaws. He shook his head slightly when she pointed out she was weakened right now and it would be easy to flick her from the radar “I can still sense your power...it wouldn’t be crushed as easily as he hopes it would” besides, if that was the case then they would have struck already “They’re waiting for you to crumble in on yourself” he pointed out, which was exactly why she couldn’t do that.

Sebastian looked between the two of them while retaining his defensive position, he knew it was only a manifestation and there was unlikely to be a physical fight between anyone but he always had this natural instinct to protect Mal and they had been in plenty of situations before that called need for it. Of course, he also knew that snark was part of the facade she used to keep people at a distance. Bash didn’t know what that dark corner contained but he could feel chills on his skin just looking at it. Almost like it was warning him not the cross the line. But there wasn’t a question in the diviner’s mind about what action he was going to take.

Most people wouldn’t have caught the hint of emotion in Mal’s eyes when she asked him if he was going with her. But he felt his heart clench in his chest because he knew she wanted him to. It felt like they had transported back in time to before they parted and honestly he wasn’t sure how to feel about it. “We’ve never been afraid of darkness before” he commented as he nodded and moved beside her. When they walked forward a black mist came over them both and he reached for Mal’s hand to make sure they wouldn’t be separated as the smoke spun around them and then a sudden sharp pain hit them. The last thing he saw were her purple glowing eyes before being thrown headfirst into the aspect’s memories.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2021   Created by ✓ Ophelia Dreyvalian ~Admin~.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service