She knew it was wrong. How many times had she told herself that it was utterly and inexplicably wrong? More times than she could count to. Yet there she was, the now slightly flaxen haired Aspect of Magic was standing her ground on venturing off to the city of Argolis. Malva had placed all hands on deck upon deciding that she shall go off to Greece to search for any other possible answers she could be provided with, regarding the fall and destruction of their home, Isle of Skye. How could the Russian born woman forget about it? How could any one of them forget what happened? There was no way she could push it aside without investigating about it. Only, she knew she had to push the matter aside for a while as she got down and resolved other problems on her plate.

It has been at least an hour since she had let her eyes linger on the the red ruby pendant that laid prettily on the table not far off from where she stood. Malva leant against the wall of her room and crossed her arms in contempt. She wasn’t sure what to do with the petty little trinket that she has had in her possession for almost four centuries now. For such a small thing, it held a certain aura to it and it wasn’t at all near pleasantries. It held all the dark energy she harnessed for some particular missions back in the days. Sometimes, in order to best the darkness, was to overtake it using the lesser known method. One it doesn’t expect you to go for. Life did have a tendency at wanting the most twisted for everything.

Shaking her head at her own herself, she grabbed the pendant and tossed it into the drawer before closing it furiously and sat on her bed, her sapphire hues never leaving the mahogany wooden table. It didn't last as long as she thought it would though, seeing as Malva went back to grab it and pushed it inside her purse. It wasn’t as if she could avert her attention so easily without any reason to do so despite giving herself one very solid one. Which was to forget about the past and move ahead in her life. But it’s always easier said than done, per usual. The pendant might look fancy and pretty, but it was gleaming in a very malevolent light. And if there was anything Mal knew from centuries of dwelling around magic, it’s that she doesn’t go well surrounding herself with so much dark energy as it tempts her. But she needed it for this journey.

But after what Octavia told her that day, she couldn't forget about it. This is something she needed to do, she convinced herself to do it. Her touch with magic in general had been cut off, albeit not fully, but it doesn't feel like how it was supposed to feel and if Malva couldn't cope or adapt to those changes, then what's the point? Especially with the chaos incited as of late, things were hectic and it was slowly overwhelming the purple dragon to the brink of insanity. Mal had rummaged through her closet yesterday to find one particular book she kept locked away until she realized she didn't bring it with her. Keeping it in the manor should have been the safest choice but not to Malva, that book was way too important to just be laying around so she had kept it somewhere else in 1698. 

Mal didn't pack much, she literally only put enough clothes to last for a few weeks because the Citadel had their own clothes to be worn and they can venture to Athens if they want. Her hair was a lighter shade of brown and it was slightly longer, the Aspect of Magic stared at her reflection in the mirror before making her way downstairs with her luggage, to wait for Octavia at the living room. This trip wouldn't be anywhere near a luxurious vacation to Greece, yeah people know they'll stay at a hotel in Athens but Mal was going on a pilgrimage to Mycenae Citadel located in Argolis which would take all the attention away. She perched one arm on the couch and allowed her white persian ragdoll cat, Seraphire, nestle in her lap. 

Views: 2166

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

He could sympathize some with her situation, he’d been in the position where his magic had been impacted in the past too and it was difficult to lift yourself from that kind of spiral because usually, you were your own problem. Self doubt, pressure, fears…they all held you back from the powers inside yourself “Or perhaps it’s the opposite” he pointed out “You’ve always been quite temperamental with your emotions, it has a knock-on effect” he nodded his head slightly, he wasn’t going to sugar coat things for her, he was always direct with these things.

He pressed his lip together, they’d managed to break through together but that was just the first step on this journey, magic was a fickle thing and there was no returning to full strength in an instant, that would be unfair to the world’s balance after all. “I don’t know anything about what happened, I’ve been here for this entire length of time” he answered honestly, shooting her a glare for questioning his involvement and intent about all of this “But it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see that you are beyond exhausted and that your mind is twisted in knots” which wasn’t the best place to be practicing magic from.

“If you try to push things too soon, you’re going to find yourself back at square one and ever worse than that, you could find yourself dead” he narrowed his eyes on her as though to point out how she was being reckless, he understood there was some sort of urgency going on here but her pushing herself off the deep end wasn’t going to help anyone either. “If it’s magic you need then allow me to lend my services, at least until you manage to unblock the remainder of those…challenges” and there were far more hurdles in front of her. She’d faced her fears, but there was more that came after that, magic didn’t come in a certain channel after all. Or perhaps…he just wanted an excuse to go with her.

She snapped her head fast when he said that, as if almost to say shut up to Sebastian because he was giving her a headache that she didn’t need to begin with. But she knew he was right. She hated that he is right. All his comments regarding her magical ability was pretty on point, which wasn’t at all surprising considering how well the male knows her. “You could at least pretend to care about my feelings…” she muttered under her breath.

But of course the Sebastian Daystar she knew would never take the time out to sugar coat. “I know I used to praise you for your brutal honesty but in all seriousness Daystar, why don’t you read the room first” she sighed, it would be nice to have some reassurance at this time. The glare he sent her way for her daring to imply he could be involved made her roll her eyes in response, she had all the reasons to question him but he also had the right to give it back to her.

“You mean to tell me you’ve been at this citadel for how long again? No offense, but I would’ve known.” Then it came to her like a lightning that just struck a tree. “Unless… you made sure the priestesses do not say a single word to me. You have always liked the whole ‘what they don’t know won’t hurt them’ excuse after all.” That would make sense because the Aspect of Magic hasn’t been there in a long while, not ever since what happened. “Thanks for the confirmation, Dr” she scowled and looked down, pursing her lips as if she was trying not to cry, everything was just crazy for Malva.

When did it get this crazy? When she start to lose everything that mattered to her? Starting with him. “Well, death is not exactly foreign to me now is it? I’m practically dead. I was just given the second chance to make use of my abilities for the better of the world.” As dramatic and righteous as that sounded, as centuries went by, Mal just wanted to live her second chance properly.

Before she could tell him she didn’t have a choice but to use her magic no matter how detrimental it is to her, he had offered to help her which made her stare at the diviner with her eyebrows raised, as if to question if he’s being real. “Who are you and what have you done with Sebastian Daystar? It’s so unlike you to be offering gracious help like this. You’ve never been generous.” Just as much as he knows her, she does him. “You do know this is dangerous for you to offer right? I dabble Sebastian… what I do might not be something you approve of. But if you offer now, I will want to bind you to it. So think carefully.”

He heard the way she muttered and shook his head slightly, no point caring about her feelings if she wasn’t even strong enough to get out of bed tomorrow or worse, he would put her safety first before anything else. “I’m reading the room just fine” he snapped back in response “One of us has to be realistic here because we both know you’re going to push yourself too far and be right back here again if you don’t” if she even made it at all, but given her current comments he decided to keep that much to himself.

“You wouldn’t know where I was unless I wanted you to know, or perhaps you were the one who didn’t want to know” he pointed out and gave her a stern look, she hadn’t looked for him in years, which was partly his own choice, even now she wasn’t here looking for him, she was here looking for herself. Which was fine, he was just pointing out her stubbornness here. He sighed softly and placed a gentle hand on her shoulder for a moment “You’re going to be fine Mal” he assured her, there were plenty of people looking out for her, not only him.

“Death might not be foreign to you, but it’s also not something you should be in a rush to do” he commented, shaking his head slightly at her assessment of the situation now “You are far from dead, your magic is returning to you, even if it’s slowly, with the right training and focus, you can turn things around” but not if she just went and overdid things immediately like he could tell she wanted to, that wasn’t going to help anyone.

He met her doubtful gaze with a scowl and shrugged his shoulders “I am fully aware of you and your ways, but don’t pretend like this is the first time I’ve willingly followed you” he commented and bit his lip softly. Perhaps if they were alone he could let his guard down a little more but not in front of the blonde he barely knew. “I am making the offer regardless, do you accept it or not?” he spoke directly, the undertone to his ask only known by the two of them.

“You’d like to say something about being realistic” she muttered her breath, remembering the time when he was the one who always had a bigger imagination out of the two of them. But that was the past, there used to be a duo. Now? There’s nothing but a remnant of the past. “And this is why you can be so unpredictable, Bash” she grumbled, not even realizing she had used his nickname again. “You cannot just go AWOL, even though you’re powerful and pretty high up the list, you still have to make sure we can see you. Actually, all the more reason to make us see you.”

The diviner was very powerful, the Ailwards would be on their toes if he was an enemy. When he placed his hand on her shoulder, she looked up and meet his dark hues, god she missed staring into those eyes once upon a time. Honestly, she probably still does. The Aspect of Magic could feel herself loosening up slightly and her eyes softened when he reassured her.

“What is the right training then?” She sighed exasperatedly, it was so frustrating for the Aspect to just wait and try. She has grown to be so impatient lately. As if something was chasing her to a deadline. “I accept it…” she murmured softly “Octavia… can you leave us be for a while? I have… something to talk about with him. Just the two of us, if you don’t mind.” She gave a pleading look at the blonde nephilim as if to ask this as a favor instead.

Of course, why wouldn’t Octavia oblige? The female also understood Malva better than most, having been her personal guard for quite some time. She waited until there was just the two of them and crossed her arms “I don’t know whether to slap you or kiss you honestly.”

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by ✓ Ophelia Dreyvalian ~Admin~.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service