Showcase night. One of his favorite evenings of the quarter, everyone got the chance to perform, whether it be in groups or solos, the whole company usually attended, along with select invited individuals and then usually they recorded a few videos to be used for their YouTube portfolio. There was a particular piece Yeon had been working on choreographing for a few weeks which he was really excited to see performed in front of an audience for the first time and getting to see the energy put into it. But most importantly, this was the night some of their newest recruits got to make their first debut performance. 

To celebrate the occasion, Yeon had made sure to invite some key people tonight, proud parents, close friends and the likes to make the night special for the new recruits, Yeon was excited to meet them all but he had arranged a special amount of time to meet Ha-joon's sister Hana, the human always gushed about her and their relationship to the point it actually made Yeon a little envious but he was really looking forward to getting to meet her in person. The Valkyr was dressed in his typical attire, white dress shirt, black slacks and a blazer. Sometimes he'd dress down for showcases since he sometimes participated but tonight was a watching only night for him.

He was settled into his spot in the audience, which was basically a round circle around the studio on the floor, though there were a few chairs and beanbags set out for anyone who needed a more comfortable seat, he sat himself down on the floor crossing one leg over the other and hummed softly to himself. He waved to a few of the dancers he saw crowded around in little clusters and when he saw the guides leading a young Korean woman he hadn't met before inside the room he recognized the similarities between her and her brother immediately. There was a bright and genuine smile on his face as he got to his feed and crossed the room to greet her, 

"Hana right?" he spoke directly to her and offered his arm out and nodded a thanks to the guides for bringing her in "I'm Yeonseok, we spoke over the phone" he spoke softly with a soft smile, he could definitely sense the resemblance already "We have got quite the line up for you to watch tonight" he spoke excitedly as he led her over to where he was sitting on the floor before and offered out a beanbag for her to sit on. He glanced over at her and chuckled softly "I kinda feel like I know you already since your brother has told me so much about you" he admitted with an amused shake of his head. 

Views: 599

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hana knew how important tonight was, for a lot of people. Ha-joon had expressed how important it would be for her to attend, and while she feared not fitting in around his friends, she didn't want to let her brother down; Dance had became his passion long ago, and because of a particular person that Ha-joon talked about non-stop, he'd finally reach a decent place with it all. Yeonseok was apparently pretty notorious here in the city for his dance skills, and the way her brother danced after practicing with him every day, he rightfully earned the title of being notorious. With the way Ha-joon talked about him, he seemed to mean a lot to her brother; so meeting him in person felt like a necessary step for her and Yeon both. 

Hana was clueless about what she should wear tonight; between skimpy and comfortable, she chose the latter; dressing herself in a pair of denim shorts, and a red floral crop top. After looking in the mirror, she decided on letting her hair loose from it's usual messy bun, hoping she wouldn't stick out like a sore thumb. Her nerves were rattled, but after sliding her cell phone into her back pocket, and grabbing her house key; she made her way to the end of their drive-way and caught herself a cab to the studio.

When she arrived, Hana swallowed harshly, cocking a brow as two guides greeted her and led her inside. "Damn" she whispered to herself as she took in the scene before her. The music playing in the background set the mood though, and she couldn't deny how excited she was to see her brother in action like this for the first time, and if she wasn't mistaking, she'd finally meet the girl Ha-joon was love-struck over. Hana's attention was all over the place when someone approached her that she hadn't seen before. His voice sounded familiar enough to  paint a wide grin on her features though.

Nodding, Hana smiled "In the flesh" she said in response, trying not to make it obvious that she noticed how gorgeous he was. 'Are all my brothers friends this hot' were the words dancing on the tip of her tongue, but thankfully, she did well not to speak them. "It's great to finally meet you in person" she then expressed, and began shifting from one foot to the other nervously. But, seeing the way Yeon lit up as he told her about the huge line-up she'd get to see, Hana couldn't help but smile, and feel slightly more at ease "Great! I'm pretty excited to see Joonie in his element, I know he loves dancing, and you've brought him a pretty long ways" she added, holding a tone, and look of admiration, and appreciation for Yeon.

Walking by his side as he led her to the place he'd been sitting, Hana happily took one of the beanbags and flopped down, shifting in it until she found some comfort. When she heard him chuckling, she thought it may of been the outfit she wore, or something else, but when he spoke, Hana chuckled with him; "I can definitely say the same, he's told me tons about you too, I felt like it was over-due to meet you in person. Will I get to see you in action tonight?" she questioned, bright eyed and smiley-faced as she made eye contact.

"Seems like you've done well for yourself, Yeon. You must be proud to see all of this unfolding in front of you" she expressed, and  grinned brightly as she looked around; the place was full of other dancers he had taught, and one couldn't simply do that without the will and the heart to do it, she couldn't help but find it all admirable, and it made sense why Ha-joon thought so highly of Yeon. "Soo what's the line up going to be like?" she finished off, wondering just what all she'd be seeing tonight. Admittedly, part of her felt pretty chill and comfortable around Yeon; safe to say the least, it wasn't something she felt often, but from the way her brother talked about him almost everyday, and the fact alone that Ha-joon trusted him, Hana knew she was in good hands while her brother wasn't by her side.

The night everyone has been waiting for. The human looked into the mirror of his bathroom at himself seeing how nervous he is now. The showcase is what Yeokseok calls it. By the sound of the title told him it's important. Not just him but every dancer in the company. Ha-Joon washed his face like five times sighing as his legs carried him into his bedroom. His brown hues looked at the clock on his side table telling him he needed to get ready. Ha-Joon got told to be at the studio early. He does not plan to be late to his first showcase. Ha-Joon lightly moved his feet to make sure he got everything memorized stopping halfway feeling a sharp pain in his right ankle. "Not tonight, please do whatever after." He said lightly messaging feeling how tight his muscles were. 

One thing that everyone who does things with their legs knows their body limits. The human, however, does not get the memo of the limits as long as he gets the dance well and remembers is all he cares about. Ha-Joon is one for putting himself into hardship altogether. This is one of his moments he will push to the limits. When the time came for him, he got his water bottle, phone, and wallet. Ha-Joon knew his ankle was giving him static he took the bus to the building. He knew he has to find a way for him to get his license as soon as he gets the money together for a car. 

Listening to his music when it got cut off a little by a text coming in from someone in the building asking him where he is. Texting after entering the building that he is there as someone saw him and guided him through the backstage area. The human smiled and said hellos to those who passed by. By the looks of things, it's going to be a long fun night. he is excited to see many dancers and their talents. 

After all the preparations Ha-Joon had to get ready, his eyes found a little crack through the crowd how many parents, family, and friends came. he couldn't see his sister he hopes she got here safe with no complications. The human was not worried about who she is with know with a gut it was with Yeokseok. The atmosphere was between being nervose to excited. The feeling of his ankle gotten a little worst as he knew he can deal with the pain and now show it to everyone one thing he can't stop is when it does the twist. Tonight is important and Hana will be watching him he can't let anyone down but with the knowledge of can't please everyone. There was one person he wants not thinking about was himself.

A few wished him luck and also small talks, it made him feel better after talking to those who he never before and though he meets during his practices. He could see so many talented people as he watched a few who were practicing their choreographically. ha-Joon would be doing the same but with his ankle, he needed enough to get thought the performs. Now he wishes he had time before to give his legs a treatment nothing much can be done down. As he got out of his mind he heard his name. The Human turned his head tot the direction of the voice but for him, good feeling turned in to butterflies.  Ha-Joon knew that voice pretty well something inside of him became shy and nervose. The showcase went out of his focus as he sighed. "It must be my imagination. My mind is so cruel to play tricks like that," he said looking down at his shoes and fix the shoelaces.  

Closing his eyes feeling the atmosphere once more he got make into his focus until a male broke him out of his asking if his moves look right. " Lossing your legs a bit," he said as the male smiled and thanked him. "No problem. Good luck out there!" the human felt how confident the other showed himself, Ha-Joon thought it was cool with brought a smile to himself.  He needed to find that himself but he guesses that's the beauty of finding your self through what you love to do. Self-improving is a big thing he needs to learn himself. One day he would be that confident for now Ha-Joon needs to find his calm and peace within his mind to get him through the show tonight. 

From the moment she first spoke he could tell that she was a bright and cheerful person, her tone of voice immediately brought a smile to his lips, his head tilting to the side a little as he studied her, he noted the way that she checked him out which made him let out a low chuckle “You too, your brother speaks very highly of you” he grinned because that totally meant he barely ever stopped talking about her, it was sweet, seeing someone so close with a family member, he’d never really experienced that for himself, his parents were never especially close with him and he was an only child. At least he was back then anyway. “It’s been a lot of prep for tonight, everyone’s been working so hard I actually had to fight for practice space the other night” he gave an amused expression, he liked it when people were so passionate with rehearsals but perhaps that meant they needed more studios.

He glanced over at her as he seated himself on the floor next to the bean bag she was sitting on, his eyes scanning around the room and seeing the mix of dancers who were here to support their fellow dances, friends and family who came to cheer people on and then the performers themselves, he noted a few looked nervous, others seemed excited and the odd few entirely unbothered, it was interesting to see the different ways people handled their preparation. When she asked if he was taking part tonight he shook his head a little “You’ll get to see a few of my choreographed pieces though, I put together most of the routines due to be performed” he rolled his shoulders back a few times and leaned against the side the bean bag. Spotting both Mirae across the room he gave her a quick wave glad she managed to make it, he’d wanted her to see a showcase for herself to give her an idea of what she’d be getting into if she decided to apply for the company.

“Truthfully though, I don’t think I’ve ever gotten through one of these showcases without ending up being roped in so you never know” he winked as he glanced up at her and smiled softly, nodding his head to thank her for the compliment “Incredibly” he spoke softly “Sometimes I just stare in disbelief that this is the reality I get to live” he chuckled softly “Ha-joon mentioned you were studying at Evermore U” he tilted his head a little “What’s your major?” she looked young enough to be a student, though looks were pretty deceiving in the supernatural world he was pretty sure she was human much like her brother.

It felt easy to fall into conversation with her, she was a little quieter than the usual people he was around but curious and seemingly sweet, the kind of person you wanted to keep around because they lifted your spirit, which he supposed made sense considering who she was related to, it was clear they had been raised by the same people just from their demeanor “Well we have a few group pieces and then some solo showcases, your brother included” he chuckled “If things get really crazy we might even get to see some freestyle pieces but let’s see how things go” he chuckled wrinkling his nose a little as turning his attention as the lead dance instructor announced for everyone to start to gather as they were beginning.

Hana could see why her brother had spoken of Yeon the way he had. From the second she laid eyes on him, everything about him seemed to stand out in ways that simply just made you smile. From his appearance, to the way he spoke; even the smile on his face charmed the life out of her, and she blushed to the realization that he noticed her checking him out. Hana wasn't surprised to find out Ha-joon had spoken highly of her, but happy nonetheless to hear it. "We'be had a rough go of it, but we've always love one another unconditionally either way, so i'm glad he's able to speak about me without bitterness filling his atmopshere"she admitted, but still grinning from ear to ear, finding it hard to peel her gaze off of Yeon as she glanced out to the dance floor when he spoke of having to fight for space. 

"It looks like it's a pretty good turn out. But, it's a first for me with the whole showcase thing. Are you happy with the results?" she asked curiously, trying to get to know him; but he seemed to be on his game about everything concerning dance. Even though Hana was near a big break in the fashion industry, she couldn't help but be excited about all this dance stuff that she didn't have the first idea about. She had watched her baby brother grow up dancing and loving every moment he would spend doing so, and often wondered if she could get her own body to move in the ways she'd seen others do the few times she watched Ha-joon, or like now, as she sat here watching others warm up and get prepared. "Okay, now that's kind of hot" she admitted, chuckling as she watched a male do a grinding dance. 

Averting her gaze back to Yeon, Hana nodded, and gave a small but excited clap of her hands when he said she'd be seeing a lot of the dances he had choreographed himself "I can't wait! This is a huge deal for Joonie, and I can see it means a lot to you too. It looks like you've done really well for yourself in this career, but it must be tiring" she added, glancing to the many people she figured he was mentoring and those who seemed new at it, that she figured he'd taken under his wing. Ha-joon had been interested in knowing what Hana would do with her life once she finished college, and since she'd been going for her bachelors degree in business, she sparked an idea, but one she'd mention to Yeon later, should the subject of her life come about. She definitely would mind helping him handle schedules and organizing for him to keep a little stress off the one person who had helped her brother reach his dreams. 

Hana watched curiously as Yeon waved to another female sitting across the room, quirking a brow as she then gazed from the female to where her brother stood, warming up. "She seems pretty interested in Ha-joon too; looks like i'll have to make my rounds" she expressed in her motherly protective tone. Hana grinned as Yeon winked at her, nodding "Well, I sure hope so. It wouldn't be a real party if the notorious Yeonseok don't get up there and dance too" she stated, flashing a playful wink back in his direction. "I'd say you're pretty damn proud of yourself, and you should be" Hana spoke softly, still smiling when he spoke of the disbelief he felt to know this was the reality he lived. Yeon quickly grew on Hana, it made so much sense to her now, why her brother cared so much about him. 

Hana nodded as he brought up where she went to college "Yes I do. I'm getting my bachelors degree for business. I'm gonna open my own fashion line" she stated with utter glee on her face, "Ive went through a series of things though, organizational skills was a big part of what I wanted to learn and perfect because I wanted to start small by getting into someone else's company and helping with organization, planning, and so on; Soo if you ever need someone to manage schedules and such, i'm your girl" she stated, her tone confident and the smirk on her face playful, but she was serious nonetheless. Hana eyed the female Yeon had waved at earlier, her curiosity getting rhe better of her. She was happy that Yeon spoke again, because it helped to keep her focused on him rather than a female she had never saw before, but one who seemingly had a deep fascination with her brother. "That's exciting, Ive taken dance classes and so on before, but it never hit home for me like it did Ha-joon. I guess you could say it's a natural talent within our blood line, but I wanted to branch out and do what my heart really yearned for, so fashion it is" she stated, grinning a little proudly as she sat with one leg crossed over the other. 

For the most part, Hana was humble, down to earth, but super sophisticated; but she could also be a force to be reckoned with when someone crossed her, quite the sass queen when she wanted to be, and someone, no matter what kind of mood she was in, people found her adorable. Yeon was definitely someone she wanted to get to know on a closer, more personal level later on, but just as she parted her lips to speak n the matter, the dance instructor announced for everyone to gather,, and Hana finally saw Ha-joon. With a bright smile on her face, she waved at him, cheerfully calling out to let him know he had this, since he looked a little nervous. Hana knew she could definitely be the motherly type at events and parties too, and likely embarrassed him with the way she'd yelled out "That's my brother!". But, she was proud of him, and didn't care to show it. Gazing back to Yeon, Hana chuckled "he'll kill me for that later. is this the start of it?" she questioned, but the music that had began playing lowly at first, indicated just that.  She figured they'd crank the volume when the dancers were ready to perform. "So, tell me about you" she finished off, but figured there wouldn't be much time to get all the good conversation in before the dancers began performing. "If we can't talk here, maybe later - - some place more quiet" she then said, flashing another wink his way before turning her head, watching and anticipated as she waited for the dancers to begin. 

Heart beating fast, this time in a long time Ha-Joon ever felt this way. It's normal for him to be nervous but it was not him being scared what his ankle might do. He knows Yeokseok will give him a few words if they noticed him not taking care of himself. The only person who he didn't want to disappoint tonight is Hana. After giving his ankle a message that helped a little the human took up to turn as he saw Mirae as she felt everything around him got hot. She is here, that made Ha-Joon swallowed hard. He was now more nervous but really he didn't want to give his sister a chance to be a mother tonight. Ha-Joon didn't know when will it be the perfect time interduce Mirae to Hana.

The realization came to the human, Mirae knows he passed but did she? Ha-Joon remembers what they talked about before going there own way the day they meet getting ready for there addition. It's was not like the addition was everything for their choice but he guessed it was for a test. If they are serious and not all talk it will be more of trusting. It's sad how many people do all talk and no action. Ha-Joon knows Mirae has her reasons for every word and actions since her history with her Brother and what her clan did to her. Ha-Joon smiled at Mirae with a simple small wave as he looked down feeling how shy is he to look at her from the back of the stage to the audience. 

Ha-Joon went to his mind to force on what tonight is as a voice cut him off as he stood up and walked out with the other dancers wishing each other Good Luck. The lights from the stage hit on his face, that is a feeling he has not felt in a lot of time. The Human is finally back home on the stage everything came rushing back to him like a wave of an ocean. Maybe his sister is right this is where he is supposed to be and do for the rest of his light. He saw his Hana waving at him and then looks down with a shy smile hearing what she yelled out. Ha-Joon didn't know what to feel shy for Mirae who caught his eyes or his older sister showing how proud she is for him. Don't give the human wrong he loved his sister his emotions were everywhere and a mess. He sat down with the other dancers as he looked at the panflute everyone in the crowd got seeing where his dances.  To his shocked, he was part of the last group. The Human wondered but he knew not the question but to watch and support others in the company. He wondered what the other's had for everyone to watch.

“I’m not too bothered about the numbers, showcases are all about the talent” his gaze swept over all the hopeful dancers around the room getting ready for their first performances, it was mostly about seeing how they all performed in front of a friendly crowd for him, rather than how many people showed up. Still, it was definitely nice to see supportive faces in the crowd here to cheer on their respective company member. “If you like that you just wait” he teased tapping his nose as if he knew more than she did, which in this case he did. He was excited to see some of the pieces he had shared performed and see how they translated to actual stage. When she said his work must be tiring he gave a slightly sarcastic laugh “Probably the biggest understatement of the century” he admitted as he shifted his position to lean on the other hand against the floor “They all work just as hard as me though, only difference is their work doesn’t typically involve having to travel between three cities every week” he shook his head a little completely unsure how he managed to stay on his feet half the time.

He laughed and raised his brows at the way Hana seemed to instantly spot the fact that Ha-joon and Mirae kept sharing looks, he chuckled to himself, wasn’t the first time he’d noticed something going on there but he was very impressed with how quickly Hana seemed to pick up on it. Her teasing made him shake his head in an amused manner, “Well true, no doubts someone will probably pull me up on my feet soon enough” he didn’t know how to help himself when he came to dancing, he loved it, it was his passion and the thing he had always latched onto when he didn’t know what else to do in life. “I’m more proud of what I’ve seen all them achieve here more than anything” he commented with a shrug of his shoulders, it wasn’t about the glory for him, it was about providing a place where people could learn and thrive and do what they loved, just like he did.

The look of excitement on her face as she talked about her dreams made him smile brightly, he loved being around passionate people who had goals and places they wanted to go, he could tell from the resolve in her voice that she was determined. “Well if you ever need any business advice, you have access to a semi-successful CEO who might be nice enough to give you a few tips and suggestions” he laughed, he had followed pretty much the same path as her, go to college for business while continuing to self motivate the other half and then try and make something of it. It wasn’t easy but it was incredibly rewarding when you managed to achieve your goal “Hell if you’re actually serious then I do have need for a personal assistant and you could learn plenty of ropes along the way” he shrugged, he had a thing for fashion too, though it was a personal choice rather than a business choice. He’d attended a few fashion shows here and there when given the opportunity.

“Dancing has always just been something that made sense to me” he commented with a soft laugh “Expressing how I’m feeling through movement, that always came easy and I guess I always had a knack for being able to picture ideas in my head based on music and then make it happen” he gazed across the space to where Ha-joon was sitting, catching his gaze for a moment and smiling “I see a lot of 8 years ago me in your brother, so full of fire and passion for dance” he nodded and gave the other male an encouraging wink, he was looking forward to seeing what he did with the piece he gave him

He was enjoying chatting with Hana, she had interesting thoughts and she was really excitable and sweet, definitely the kind of person who gave off quite a motherly vibe which made him wonder about the way Ha-joon and her were raised, namely, how involved their parents were in their lives. He laughed at her proud outburst and seeing her brother’s bashful reaction to it “Should start in a few minutes” he nodded to the master of ceremonies who looked like he was ready to kick things off “Hmmm dance enthusiast and my company member’s biggest cheerleader, too loud and proud for his own good, loves travelling, hates plane journeys” he mused over the words and laugh “Proud lover of lamb kebabs and avoider of broccoli at all costs” he gave her an amused smile “And yourself?”

They could get more into the details of it all later because the master of ceremonies started speaking and called the first group of the night onto the stage, each of them looking a little nervous as they lined up on the floor and the lights dropped, Yeon clapped his hands with the rest of the room before quieting as they waited for the performance to begin.

Hana was thrilled to be here tonight. Being able to show her brother some support, after all the lies and betrayal on her half, made her feel as though maybe they were finally repairing their relationship. Because if this had been several months ago, Hana wouldn't have bothered to even show her face. Simply because she knew Ha-joon wouldn't have wanted her too. She could still remember the words he spoke the day he told her he didn't need her to keep treating him like a baby. She was sure she had overreacted, but those words had cut deep, when all she'd ever tried doing was taking care of him and protecting him. 

Hana's train of thought had been derailed, thankfully. As Yeon spoke, she averted her gaze back to him, giving a faint smile before letting her dark optics roam to the crowd of supporters, and then to the dancers who all seemed equally nervous, including her brother. "Oj i'm waiting Yeon, and i'm ready to see some stuff" she smirked, as he told her just wait, sounding more like a tease than anything, but she was okay with that too. Stretching her legs out in front of her, Hana leaned back on the palms of her hands, getting herself comfortable enough so that she wouldn't have to move much when it started. "Damn, that's a lot of traveling. Do you have travel buddies?" she asked curiously, figuring that Yeon's work could get pretty lonely at times. Hana chuckled when she noticed the look Yeon had on his face the moment she had picked up on her brother all but drooling over the female who kept smiling at Joonie.  

Her attention had been between that, and Yeon both until Yeon said he was sure someone would be pulling him to his feet soon enough. And, while she was tempted to do so herself, she remained on the floor, way to insecure about something like that. Hana wasn't shy, but this place was a little to packed for comfort, for her to get up dancing around and acting care free, something she'd never bee allowed to do with how she had been raised up as the golden child, the one who carried all the weight and burdens of the family, the one who couldn't disappoint which meant, she had been the one who didn't get to live. She was just happy to see Ha-joon doing what he loved doing."Do people in the crowds get pretty hyped up when the show gets started?" she questioned, wondering how she was meant to act. 

Hana wasn't a bad dancer, but she wasn't a professional one either. So, if people in the crowds moved to the music, she wouldn't mind joining in as far as that went. She smiled genuinely when Yeon expressed how proud he was of his dancers "And you should be, they're lucky to have someone who's as invested in them as you are.. it's nice that you care for them outside of just the fame and glory.. ive seen a lot of scenario's where dancers have been bent to their will, just to get a good name for their coach or whatever, and never once got recognized for all the heart and time they put into it themselves" she sighed. Sadly, that bit was true. "But, it's also nice and rewarding to make a big name for yourself all the same.. just gotta keep balance, like you do" she added, giving him a nod of admiration, since he seemed to do both pretty well. 

Hana didn't have to put any thought into his proposal at all. "I think i'll take you up on that. Fashion is a big deal in the dance industry anyways.. once I get out there with it, I could even help design some stuff for your dance company as a thank you for helping me" she chuckled. She knew that was a pretty far ways into the future, but it was the future she saw for herself, so she didn't doubt that it would happen at all. Hana was the type of person who believed in herself, no matter how hard the world seemed to push her down. Her illness had limited her to just a few things in life, but those few things, she had grown to appreciate. Hana could only grin at how he kinda lit up the same way when he spoke about his dancing, how he could picture things happening from somethin as simple as the beat of a song, and then made it happen. "Well true.. lot's can happen from music I suppose" she grinned, unsure of where she had allowed her mind to trail off to just then. Some place dirty like usual, she guessed. 

Hana watched Yeon's interaction with Ha-joon, it seemed that Yeon built her brother up in ways she'd never been able to do herself, and for that she could only admire him a little more. "Well, thank you for taking the time you've taken with him.. he definitely does have that fire to him, I love watching Ha-joon in his element.. this all just feels so natural, with the exception of a big crowd" she chuckled, because it was true, this all did feel normal, like any other day for her and her brother. She'd seen Ha-joon dance from the time he took his very first steps. Hana had always been more of a mother to Ha-joon than anything, so she'd been there from day one to watch him grow from an infant, to this amazing dancer he was now, with Yeon's help of course. Yeon's support for her brother would never go unnoticed or unappreciated. 

Hana grinned as she listened to him summurize himself "you sound pretty interesting, although, I imagine someone who loves travelling, but hates plane rides, has it pretty rough" she teased and nudged his side gently. Hana had so much more to say, or at least it felt that way, but when the lights dropped, and the first group got on stage, Hana joined in the applause and smiled brightly at her brother. "They look so nervous" she whispered, making sure she'd leaned over close enough to Yeon to still be able to talk to him, or hear him when he spoke to her. But, as the music started, it seemed that all their nervous energy had went out the window. Dance became the one thing that existed in their worlds just then, and it was then that it all made sense to Hana as to where it never did before. 

Hana yelled for them, clapped, and even moved along to the music while the first group danced their hearts out. It was the second group she was ready for, as she noticed Ha-joon waiting for the next group to go up. "They're pretty amazing.. this is all your hard work, combined with their passion and dedication.. I'm sure that feels pretty damn rewarding.. I gotta say, I really admire this lifestyle here. I can imagine they feel like a million bucks when they've had successful performances in front of people like this" she expressed, grinning from ear to ear. The music honestly did get people out of their seats moving and such, but Hana was a little more reserved and now that she was in a setting like this, she realized that.  

"lamb kebabs huh? know any good places to eat around here?" she asked, dropping a subtle hint, before averting her gaze back out to the stage. "I really like a lot of things myself.." she started, unsure of what to say though, because being sick, meant she really never got to do anything "but my illness prevents me from indulging much.. unless you count sex, but that's not something I can do every time i'm bored" she chuckled, and felt her cheeks heat as they blushed. "No filter here apparently" she added with a coy smirk. But it was a true statement all the same. Hana had been limited to all the things she loved, and had been knocked out of most normal things.. she could only do things that didn't require too much psychical activity, and while sex actually did require that, she'd found ways around that, to keep herself from turning into an actual hermit. 

When the light deemed told his everything is now going underway. Since it will be a while before he will go on, Ha-Joon started to massage his ankles hoping it would help them out. As he watched the first group, he tried to find his mind space into focusing on what he needs to do and not thinking about other things. If he think about Mirae it would lead him to not perform well since he will want to look at her. Ha-Joon forced the thought of looking at Mirae to the back on his mind. He wanted to give the best performance to those who have seen him, those who have not seen him dance. 

When the first group finished, he clapped giving them a smile of appreciation. Ha-Joon had to admit everyone he is looking at had really good talent, their passion shines through every step. Looks like he will up after the group that is going up now.  Ha-Joon felt the pressure for sure as he closed his eyes to relax.  Clearing his mind is all he can do it will be just him and all eyes. Was it because it's his first time after a long time or was it because he knew three important people will be watching him? 

The reason is unclear for the reasoning. Before he could think more the music stopped as he heard everyone clapping. He opened his dark brown eyes and smile and clap for the others. Everything in the humans' body stopped as Ha-Joon knew it was time, it is now or never. Everyone turned to him telling him good luck and we know you will do great. Ha-Joon got to happen and confident by the positivity. "Ankle don't let me down." He told himself. Standing up he heard his name being announced all he can hear everyone clapping along with his sister cheering for him. "Hana, I know you will be watching" Ha-Joon smiled when he talked within his mind. 

As the song came on, his feet moved by themselves. He knew freestyle has no failed him. With the help Yeokseok and the teacher who improved every step, he took on the stage.  The fears the human had before seemed to fade away as the feeling came back to him. The stage like he was looking in the past from his first performance and the first dance battle.  Everything went smoothly as his ankle twisted right in the middle as the beat knowing that was important. Ha-Joon closed his eyes for a second with the pain he can feel but he knew the show must go on. The Human knew his limit could not be a twisted ankle as she dancing without showing he was in pain.

It was not the first time Ha-Joon dance his pain away but it looks like this twist was different as the pain didn't really go away.  As he wished the song to end soon his ankle twisted once more as he stood still happy the song ended as he breathes in and out hearing everyone clapping. The human smiled as he looked to the audience. With the blinding light, he could not see his sister's reaction or anyone's but he heard a voice that echoed in his head but it was in real-time. Looking around he could not find where it came from. Ha-Joon looked to his foot asking if he wants to dare to move but know the next group or person to come up but what happened next was something he didn't expect. No one would never have seen what is coming.

Mirae unfortunately hadn't had enough time to go catch up with Yeon before another female snatched him away, and with that, she had decided on sitting in one of the seats closest to the stage, but one that didn't have many people surrounding her. Mirae was easy going and weightless around Yeon and Dae, and now Ha-joon but that didn't mean she'd became the social butterfly she needed to be yet. She still found herself growing used to living a city life. All fast paced and different from how she lived with the tribe. 

Ha-joon's showcase tonight meant a great deal to Mirae, and she had even debated joining Yeon's dance crew once things lined out for Ha-joon. But, even then, she wasn't sure if the spot light and making it a profession was the right move. All Mirae knew was that it was the only other thing she'd ever came close to feeling at peace with. Like her herbal shop, Mirae felt like she could be herself, and it was odd that she got the same effect out of dancing, even odder how it all came about. Yeon had walked in with dark circles under his eyes that day, and Mirae had been dancing her heart out right in the back of her shop. And now, this day, she couldn't have asked for a better friendship. Yeon was someone Mirae adored, and she adored him even more now that she saw his showcase coming together. 

The dancer had all been so full of life. Even Ha-joon. It made Mirae so proud of him, that she could have squeeled when he finally took the stage. Unable to restrain her loud spoken self, Mirae had stood, shouting 'thats my man' the moment he began dancing, getting a few glares from some people, while others cheered him on with her. She gave Yeon a nod of admiration, before averting her gaze back to the human she'd fallen a little to hard and a little to fast for. Damn he could move. After allowing goosebumps to travel along her spin, the Niveis stood once more, cheering loudly as the set finished for Ha-joon before running over to him happily. 

"You did so great!" she squeeled, before reaching out, both her palms on each side of his face, and before she knew what she was doing, her lips crashing against his as she jumped into his arms. Mirae hadn't even noticed that Ha-joon had hurt his ankle, and now she could only be hopeful that the weight of her body, hadn't totally fucked him up even worse. Once the applause and roaring of the crowds died down, Mirae pulled back, blushing heavily as she looked into his eyes "A promise kept" she smirked, and waved at Yeon, still blushing heavily but either way, she wanted to go say hi, and to see who the female was that he was talking to, especially since she'd been staring Mirae down ever since she had arrived. She knew though that without a doubt it was the infamous Hana Sae. Joonie had talked plenty about Hana, and now here she stood in the flesh. 

Yeon laughed and shrugged when she asked him if he had any travel buddies “Not really, I mostly use the plane journeys to catch up on sleep” he admitted with a chuckle, he was always busy really so travel always seemed like the perfect opportunity to take a break and kill 2 birds with 1 stone. “Oh definitely, it’s all about having some fun, enjoying the dancing and eating the free snacks I always buy for everyone” he chuckled softly, what more could people want from an evening right? “They deserve it, the industry deserves it, I mean the talent you’ll see tonight, it deserves to be scene” he was adamant on that fact, he believed in his dancers 100%. “Balance though, let me know if you figure out the trick to that one because I certainly haven’t” he laughed gently shaking his head.

He glanced over at her and gave a serene smile, she seemed like a really driven person and she was right, the entertainment industry had a lot of sectors that were very closely linked together, getting into one and understanding how it all worked would help in another. Yeon knew nothing about sewing clothes or anything like that but he did know that looking good got you further in the business. “So do you sew your own samples or do you just do the drawing part?” he didn’t really know all that much about the process if he was honest.

Yeon knew pretty much everyone in the room and if they didn’t know him, they probably would by the end of the night, he was a wandered who would pretty much end up chatting with anyone and everyone. “Every dancer has that spark in them deep down that wants to perform, you just gotta drag it out of them” he chuckled as he looked out over the crowd of people. Some of the more experienced dancers had come tonight to see the showcase and support their younger members which was really nice to see.

He pulled a face when she spoke about enjoying traveling but hating planes “Xanax is a wonderful thing” he commented with a laugh “And sleep, sleep helps too” but he quietened because the dancing was about to begin and he hated to be interrupted while he was dancing, so he always made sure to show everyone else the same amount of respect. “They’ll get into it, the first performance is always the scariest” he grinned slightly because after the music started and the actual performance began you could see everyone in the group begin to relax a little which showed in their movements and how they held themselves.

Yeon was clapping along to the music as the next group came on, cheering a few times along with the others proudly when they did a particularly hard sequence or anything special, he had a bright, effortless smile on his face because this was the reason he did what he did, for nights like this where they got to share the love of dance with everyone. When Ha-joon’s group came on the floor he heard Mirae shout out and laughed raising a curious brow because he wasn’t aware that was a thing but smiled regardless before glancing at Hana. He widened his eyes when she mentioned her limitations but quite boldly said sex was an exception to that “Noted” he responded with a slight smirk. “Filters are overrated anyway” he commented and winked before turning back to the performance. He had a bit of a frown on his face as he watched Ha-joon’s dancing though because he could see the way he was tending on that ankle again.

Watching as Mirae ran towards him and then jumped into his arms he hopped to his feet because he could see an accident waiting to happen, Ha-joon had been pushing himself on that ankle, it was evident from that performance and Yeon was worried.

Hana bit her lip, smiling at him as he said he used his travel time to catch up on sleep. "Well, that's one way to pass the time, but if it's your only chance to sleep, the I don't blame you. It kind of sounds like all of your time awake is pretty busy" she stated, unable to help the huge grin that continued spreading across her lips. His smile made you smile, his laugh made you laugh.. things with Yeon just seemed a little chain reactive, and he without a doubt shined light into peoples lives. His dancers seemed to adore him, and she could say she knew at least one who actually did. Ha-joon had said so many good things about him, but Hana never imagined that all of that would prove to be true, yet here she sat, feeling as though she just needed more the more she got to know of him.

Hana laughed and shook her head "Trust me, ive tried. It seems the busier my schedule gets, specifically when class starts back, the less balance my life has. I'd say that scale has been uneven for as long as I can remember. I guess as long as we remember to take a moment for ourselves at the end of every day, then we're doing pretty good" she nodded, smiling genuinely. "Ive found that with fashion, knowing how to do the drawings and sewing helps a lot more than it would to just know one or the other. So, I do both" she admitted, wearing a smirk that said she was proud of herself for that. "I was conflicted for a little bit where I had such a broad variety of things to chose from for my career. And, admittedly, a huge part of me still wants to be able to help troubled teens, but fashion seems to be the thing my heart is after more." she expressed with a genuine smile adorning her features.

"Yeah there's nothing better than seeing all of you experienced dancers here supporting these younger ones, or new dancers. They seem so full of hope and promise, it's really nice to be around." she stated, grinning as she looked to her brother before averting her gaze back to Yeon. "I'm glad he has you" she admitted truthfully before chuckling at his Xanax comment "You could always go for Valium too" she added with a wink, thanks to her human tolerance, she got to feel the effects of those pretty nicely. She had used them temporarily after the attack, because she didn't know any other way to cope, and she was afraid she'd fall off the wagon and become a drug addict.

Yeon was a pretty open person, and Hana could see some wild conversations in the future between them. But for now, her concern had also fallen where his did. "His ankle.." she breathed out, trying not to gasp and make a scene. "Stubborn ass" she commented as she then stood with Yeon, her brow quirked at the female running to his arms. "Seriously?" she asked a little louder than she had meant to. "Joonie, are you alright?" she questioned as she finally approached him, "You did great, but thank ankle is gonna have to rest" she gave him a look that dared him to argue with her about it. "I'm proud of you!" she added, making sure he knew that she had watched his every move. "You must be Hana" she then said, crossing her arms, while her foot tapped against the floor. "Ha-joon wouldn't tell me your name, it's nice to finally meet the mystery girl" she smirked, and averted her attention back to Yeon. "So, what are your plans when you leave here?" she asked curiously, figuring they could find somewhere to go, to finish their conversation.

One thing the Human would not let happen is one injury ruin the show. Ha-Joon knew it was his fault for what happened to his ankle this is something he put on his own burden. He tried not to focus on his ankle as much but to look at the crowd knowing they came to see everyone perform. This was not presser this was the show that has to go on no matter what.   His mind flashed back to the beginning when this every moment happened the words of dancers in his group came echoing in his mind. "It's good to have a goal for everyone to watch you but always remember sometimes it's always good to watch yourself more than who is watching you. " Ha-Joon knew the consequences and his choices to accept them not just Yeokseok but from his own sister who would be worried knowing she had a very quick eye to catch the smallest of details. 

He was dancing for himself, he is dancing for his group which worked so hard to get her other than himself. When the music stopped he heard someone yelling very loud the human it was not his sister. It confused him until his ankle given out. Whoever runs into his arms he had to protect them from the fall they were about to have. 

Boom. If the pain was not hurting before it is now as the Human grained as he looked up as the voice he swore he will never hear again spoke. His brown eyes landed on Mirae. Hearing the words you did great the kiss from the female took him back. Ha-Joon never expects a kiss to happen but he was so happy nothing about his ankle or the worried crowd bothered him. "Mirae." the human said as the pain reminded him of reality as the group rushed over to help him up and off the stage so the performance can go as planned. Sitting down on the side as one of the males came over with an ice pack. "Thank you, I am sorry for worrying you." he did felt guilty.

Ha-Joon looked up to smile at Mirae before he could say anything the voice of his sister came to his ears as she approaches him. "Yeah am fine. I should've rested am so stupid." Ha-Joon said mad at himself. "Thank you you don't need to tell me twice even knowing I will get that talk from Yeonseok as well." As he looked at both Mirae and Hana he knew it's their first time meeting. "Am sorry Hana. Let me introduce you. I didn't want to tell you until I saw her again.  Hana This is Mirae, Mirae this is my sister Hana." Ha-Joon said as he noticed Yeokseok coming up. "Speaking of him." 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by ✓ Ophelia Dreyvalian ~Admin~.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service