It was another average Friday night. Every week Hyunjin and his colleagues from the precinct would head out to the bar for a few drinks, they'd sit and play a few rounds of cards, chat about work and what their weekend plans were, and then usually before long everyone would be on their way. Tonight however they were celebrating the recent promotion of a team member and so he had planned to stay for a few hours longer than normal, sharing a few drinks, chatting away, and generally having fun. He was about 4 drinks in when he spotted a pretty blonde sitting on her own at the bar. It didn't take long for his colleagues to catch notice that he had been shooting her little glances every so often and before long they were calling him up on it. 

He had been single for pretty much 4 years now and while he had dated since then, nothing had ever felt like the right fit. He definitely missed having someone to share a bed with and be close to but he was okay on his own too. It wasn't like it was lonely when you had a 6-year-old to return home to. His daughter Rosie was with her grandparents this weekend though so he was free to let loose a little. His partner kept telling him he needed to get out there again, be brave but honestly when it came to the ladies, he wasn't all that brave. He laughed off their comments but they became relentless, saying how he was scared to even talk to the girl. Just at that moment, she seemed to glance his way so he beamed softly as though to greet her which was only met with more jeers. He sighed getting to his feet and heading towards the bar. 

He called over the bartender and asked for a cocktail menu which he read and picked out the ones with the stupidest names and then headed over to stand beside the blonde. He wasn't sure she even noticed him because she didn't even move as he leaned closer. He cleared his throat to get her attention just as the bartender set the drinks down on the bar and he slid a bill over to him, telling him to keep the change as a tip. "Uh hi" he spoke softly greeting the female with a lopsided smile "So my friends over there have a bet on how harshly you'll reject me if I came over to talk to you" he spoke softly and reached to scratch at the back of his neck, "They think I lose my game and honestly they're probably right but" he hopped up onto the stool next to her, it was a spinning chair and so he let it spin around before it came back around to face her and he laughed.

"I thought you might be the kind of girl who wants to help me judge which of these two awfully named cocktails taste the worst" he laughed softly looking at the two tall glasses beside them and he raised a finger "And before you think...well...they're cocktails, how bad could they really be named" he chuckled point to the first "This one is a 'Sand in the Crack' and this one is a 'Hop skip and go, naked" he wished he was actually making this up but he wasn't. Well, he'd said his piece now and so he bit his lip and smiled waiting to see what she would say. It had been a while since he approached someone he didn't know so he felt a little apprehensive. 

Views: 1099

Replies to This Discussion

“There seems to be a lot of potential highlights in your day there, sir” she pointed out coyly and pressed her weight against the counter while supporting her head using her arm, “wouldn’t you say meeting me tonight could be one of them?” Irene doesn’t usually flirt, it takes too much effort and usually before the night ends, one way or another she always finds someone to warm her bed again. She wasn’t picky but it didn’t mean she didn’t have a certain standard one should fit. When he asked if she didn’t like her full name, the blonde shrugged absentmindedly, “I wouldn’t say I dislike it specifically… It's just a name my parents used to call me, and most of the time their tone was a bit condescending so it just doesn’t give me a good memory. Most people do know me as Irene though so there’s also that.” On paper, ‘birth certificate’ wise her name is Ireanna Seylia Farley but everyone else, Irene Farley. It felt like a different identity to the diviner but one she wholly accepted. 

“Why? Don’t you think Ireanna sounds… absurd?” she joked, most really expressed their surprise when they found out. “Maybe… but I’m not sure if I want them to be my friends.” Don’t get her wrong, Irene wasn’t a classist but she is very selective on those she allows in, people like Leigh, those were exceptions. The more people you allow to be close to you, the easier it is to break your heart. He wasn’t wrong though, if her friend wasn’t going to be there for her through all times including the embarrassing part, are they really hers? “Trust me, Leigh is… very kind. He’s the type to tuck me in and then let his dog be my personal support system for the entire night.” Perhaps, she was just embarrassed to show those hidden parts of her to Leigh. In time, she was sure she would open up even more. It just takes time. Irene scoffed and tried to recall the last time she was drunk and winced visibly, “Bad. I mean hit someone with a bottle kind of bad… and others” by others, she meant hexing. 

The dark diviner had her fair share of hexing people when she was pissed off. Nothing too gruesome or abhorrent but enough to send them a mean message not to mess with her. “One time… I had to get a lawyer to make sure the bar didn’t sue me after breaking everything inside. Ooops I guess…but I did pay them the settlement fee. Reimbursed everything.” So if she gets drunk, she needs someone to look after her. “A hedge? Ouch…” that does sound like it hurts. He had teased how Renfri had her eyes which made her chuckle, Renfri’s an Australian Shepherd so the blue eyes did match. “Well, I was suggesting that Renfri here and Leigh’s shiba inu to be the models for our upcoming dog cafe project. It’s gonna be cute. It’ll also give a personal twinge to it since it’s our dogs.” Besides, she is very proud of the Australian Shepherd. Gosh, he is good at flirting, she’d give him that. “Because of me huh? I wonder why is that” she giggled and noticed the tipsy state he was in, didn’t matter to the blonde though because even she’s the same. There was no harm in letting loose tonight, right? She probably needed to do that to forget what happened earlier.

“Is a pillow fort that fun?” she scoffed in disbelief, she never saw the point in doing any of that. It wasn’t as if she had the time anyway. He was definitely a funny guy, who managed to make her laugh more than one occasion tonight, “Snails… well that’s… ha, I’m not gonna say it.” Leaving him to think on that himself would be funny. Hearing his story made her wonder why America and why here, of all places, “Anything special about Evermore that draws you in? The history perhaps?” Unless he’s a supernatural, then Evermore wasn’t much. “Oh please, hell is probably dying to have me. Paradise seems… far fetched. But I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt.” She didn’t think he was dreaming too much, all that he said could easily come true if he pushed for it, so Irene shook her head and chuckled, “No. I don’t think it’s hard for you to achieve that. You haven’t shown me anything either, maybe you can someday and we’ll see if you’re fit to join a band” she teased. She gestured for the bartender to refill her glass before sighing softly to herself, “Today has been very tiring… why is work so hard?” ,

He raised his brows when she pointed out that she could be one of the highlights in his day and grinned slightly “I mean...getting to talk to the most beautiful girl in the bar has to be at least top 3 on the list” he commented with a wry smile, teasing her a little because he was sure she expected him to say number 1. He pressed his lips together as he listened to her talk about the name she was given and how it reminded her of her parents, now that he could understand, he pressed a hand against his chest “Felt that one in my soul, I had a whole phase where I insisted my friends only call me Jin because I didn’t wanna think about my family” heavy relationship with parents? Check. He still didn’t speak to them now and they had never met their granddaughter which was sad really.

He shrugged when she asked if he thought her name sounded absurd “I think it sounds pretty” he admitted with a soft tone, her name of Irene sounded very modern but her full name, it sounded much more dainty and feminine. The way she defended her friend told him a lot about her though, she seemed loyal to those she let in past the walls and that was nice to see. “That’s adorable” poor guy sounded like he was friend-zoned though so there was that to think about. But every sign she was giving him tonight screamed flirting and he was rolling with all the comments she wanted to spare him “I’m sure he wouldn’t judge you then” he did insist with a pointed look towards her.

“You hit someone with a bottle?” he responded with a surprised expression “Well I hope they deserved it?” knowing how most guys acted around girls they found attractive he was sure it was someone who decided it was his right to sleep with her or something equally disgusting. Seemed like she could take care of herself. “So don’t get on drunk you’d bad side then...got it” people got loud and out of control when they were drunk, everyone had broken something or made a rash decision they regretted so he did get it. He winced at the memory of diving into that hedge “Not to mention the damn thing was covered in leaves with thorns in them” he sighed slightly, never did that again.

She seemed passionate about this dog cafe thing which made him smile “I’ll have to come and see it when it opens” he responded with a kind smile, he had to admit he was curious about a dog cafe and what the experience would be like, maybe Rosie would enjoy visiting. Her giggle was endearing, to the point it made his eyes light up just hearing it, she really was quite sweet, he noted from the short time they had together so far. He gasped when she asked if a pillow fort was really fun “You mean you’ve never made one? Oh this won’t do, you have been deprived” he shook his head chiding her in amusement. He bit his lip when she asked him why Evermore “Honestly it was a girl who brought me here…” he wasn’t the type to lie, he felt bad about doing that so the truth would have to do “Things didn’t work out” he surmised because it honestly didn’t seem like first conversation chit chat.

He chuckled softly when she said he would have to show her his skills in order to prove he could make it in a band Maybe one day” he responded shyly looking down for a moment before looking back at her and smiling “To test you I’m sure” he commented “But you don’t seem like the type to let work defeat you” he grinned as he reached out to poke against her cheek gently because she was staring into space.

She wasn't sure if it was just him flirting or the alcohol getting into her system but her cheeks did feel flushed when he said that, "You seem to have your way with words, mister" she shook her head and wagged her index finger as if she was reprimanding him. "Though admittedly there is like… a dozen girls in the bar so… not sure where you came up with that" Irene knows her own worth but even she wouldn't go as far as to say she'd be considered the most beautiful there. The night didn't seem so bad anymore, at least she had someone to talk to and while it was probably gonna be someone she forgets by the time morning comes tomorrow because no way is she going to see him again even if Evermore isn't that big to begin with, it was something. "Family trouble too, huh? Seems to have a lot of those running rampant lately" she murmured, parent trouble is always gonna be there high up the list. It's always hard to meet someone's expectations, even more so when they're your parents. It just doesn't work like that. 

When he said he thought it sounded pretty, she had a small smile on her lips, yeah it was supposed to be pretty. Unfortunately, it didn't turn out that way with the bad history that came with it. "I'm glad you think so." At least one person thought it was nice. "No, I don't think he would… he's pretty nice…" She was positive there were a lot of things Leigh could do but being mean is nowhere near that. It was probably not in his nature. "Said person admittedly… suffered quite the injury that required a few stitches but… drunken matters, right? Nobody takes those seriously" or maybe she had just manipulated her way out of trouble once again. At least that was one skill that she was able to equip at any given time. Of course she wasn't about to tell him that. It makes her look bad. "I don't think you want to get on my bad side, drunk or sober" she chuckled, Irene doesn't really tread lightly when it comes to people on her pissed off list.

She was the type who did things simply because she could. The blonde couldn’t help but to inwardly wince when he described the hedge, "Ouch…" It probably left him a mark. Her eyes lit up when he said he would pay it a visit when it was finally opened, Irene was really invested on this project and even if it was just one person telling her they're looking forward to it, be it a drunken man's word, it did give her a sense of accomplishment. A stamp of approval, if she was trying to get it across. "What's so fun about pillow forts anyway…" she was genuinely curious, the look on her face really indicated that the diviner never knew such excitement, even the slightest bit of it. Things could change though, couldn't they?

Now the story was taking a bit of an interesting corner, Irene found herself blinking a few times in surprise when he told her a girl brought him there. Things didn’t work out, he said. She could almost feel the sadness in his tone. Of course, he wouldn't be here talking as if he lost it all if that wasn't the case. The way he poked her cheek made her huff in retaliation when she thought about her problem this evening. "No, I don't work more than work does me… but things can be so… complicated sometimes. Like how unprofessional can you be to ring me up after working hours to talk how things wouldn't work out without giving any solid reason?" she whined and covered her face wirh her hands as she sighed to herself. "Like who does that? What an asshole…" At this point, Irene was halfway pouting just thinking about it, "What other things do people do on a Friday night? Aside from... well drinkinf themselves over for a horrible hangover on Saturday morning."

He grinned a little sheepishly because of her reaction to his flirting, he had never been the best at flirting and yet here he was trying anyway because with her it actually seemed kinda fun “Why thank you, my mirror back home is very impressed with my speeches” he jested with a playful smile “First time trying them for real in a while though” he admitted with a quick glance up towards her eyes “Well truth be told I have an eye for people with...really green eyes” he confessed with a smile, she did have really pretty eyes, they were soft and expressive and when he caught glimpse of them it made him forget for a moment how she also seemed a little intimidating. He nodded slightly when she talked about family trouble “Seems more common than most people think...makes you wonder why parents can’t just be happy for their kids” he wished that was the case with his but they never even wanted to meet their granddaughter.

He nodded his head taking another sip of his drink “Well then it sounds like you’ve got a good friend there” most people were loyal to a certain extend but they could turn around and judge you the moment you did something even mildly out of their line of thought. He winced when she admitted the person she had hit with the bottle needed stitches after she hit them “Hopefully it didn’t need a court case to resolve?” he responded and bit his lip, that sounded a little worrying, even if people were drunk they didn’t fully lose control of their autotomy after all. “I can see that” he commented under his breath when she said he wouldn’t want to get on her bad side. It did make him feel a little cautious, she seemed like a good person to him but he was still a cop who believed in safety and justice.

“Yeah” he responded and scratched at the back of his neck in embarrassment from the memory “Won’t be doing that again in a hurry” he confessed in an amused tone. It seemed like she was really excited for this cafe project she was working on, she definitely lit up when talking about it which was sure sign it meant a lot to her. He didn’t really know much about running businesses but he did know it was hard work and that not everyone could pull it off. “Well because you can build your own little bubble away from the world and it’s warm and cozy” he grinned slightly, whenever Rosie was feeling sad that was the surefire way to cheer her up, set up a pillow fort and then climb inside and watch movies cuddled up “What? Snuggles don’t appeal to you?” he questioned with a curious arched brow.

He laughed softly when she huffed in response to his poke, dropping his hand back to rest against his glass “Sounds like someone needs to turn her work phone off for a night” he commented with a wry smile, when he was off the clock he tried to forget about work because that was the time he got to spend with his daughter. Today was a rare day to be away from her for a few days and he was happy to have a small break but he knew he would miss her before long. “They can’t bother you if they can’t reach you right?” he smiled, no doubt they kept calling her because they knew she would always answer. He pressed his lips together and pondered her question when she asked what people did on Friday nights “Hmm….walk their dogs? Uhh...go and see a movie…” he raised a finger excitedly “Sing karaoke” he laughed softly “Maybe....go to an amusement park? Or….buying pizza and hiding in their living rooms” he grinned slightly, giving her a look which said you need to expand your definition of fun.

He was really funny. His sense of humor wasn't too strong nor was it out of the place. It fit just well in her lane and even when she was a bit tipsy, Irene knew she was already attracted to the male across her. It wasn't hard when he had been making her laugh the entire evening and accompanying her for a drink after another. "In a while huh? Well then I guess I should be extra flattered that you're trying all of this for little old me" she giggled, Irene didn't usually laugh this much with people, unless they were Leigh, much less a stranger such as him. Though Hyunjin was far from being a stranger tonight, he happened to be a guy she found herself being attracted to. It could be just tonight considering her life but in all honesty, she didn't care. "Oh so you noticed my eye color, very perceptive" she teased and blinked a few times, the eye comment was so cliche but coming from him, it was different and somewhat fresh.

"I know right…" she groaned in agreement, family were supposed to support you. It wasn't as if they did anything particularly bad that was against the rules. "It's the reason why some of us fare a lot better without them constantly on our tail" she added. She had no attachments of such anymore and while it made her feel a bit alone having no one by her side, she learned to live with it. No point in dwelling in the past anyway, she couldn't change it. "He is a good friend, anyone would be lucky to have him" a certain dhampir she remembered the kitsune telling her about popped up in her mind where she only chuckled in return, even he's luckier than her. "No court case… you'll be surprised to see how many things can be solved easily with a huge lump of money I swear… people are so cheap" she muttered under her breath, obviously she didn't like people who were so easily manipulated and fooled like that. They were supposed to be smarter but apparently not.

"But I can't be that surprised… I guess." Sad reality. She wondered if he saw her as someone who wasn't particularly kind, that would make her sad even though she wouldn't show it. She couldn't believe what she was doing, she was really telling a stranger she met at a bar all about her dream project that she was currently working on right now. Is she that desperate to have someone else to talk to? Maybe. But Hyunjin was a good company and he was so heartwarming and outgoing, under the influence of alcohol or not, which made the blonde feel reassured that he wasn't going to make fun of her. "Build my own little bubble? That's… a weird way to phrase that… action" she chuckled humorously, clearly finding the entire concept to be foreign yet interesting. Admittedly, since she had no prior experience to any of that, of course she would find it weird. 

"Not that… I mean… I don't even know what snuggles are to begin with, so how can I really say for sure it's going to appeal to me?" It sounded nice but she never tried it before and Irene wasn't the type to say she liked something before trying it. It was like getting a glass or brandy and then saying it's her favorite before she ever tried it. When he said she had to turn off her work phone for the night, the diviner giggled, she probably should. Anyone would tell her that honestly, the difference is she wouldn't tolerate them as nicely as this guy is. Maybe there were a few more good things coming from tonight's surprise encounter. "I'm off the clock and not, at the same time… how do you turn off your work phone when your entire life is built around that?" I mean it is her company to begin with, how does one simply just shut it away from their mind? "There's a good point" she mumbled, they couldn't bother her when they couldn't reach her. When he listed all of the things that were supposedly normal and gave her that look that said the same, Irene huffed cutely and grumbled to herself, "Nope… I don't do any of that…" 

Hyunjin probably wouldn’t be here right now if it wasn’t for the fact he was slightly tipsy, not because he didn’t like Irene, he really thought she was beautiful and attractive, it was just that sober him always managed to talk him out of approaching anyone for fear of….well fear of starting again he supposed. “Truth be told...I have no idea how to flirt...I’ve never needed to” he whispered it as though this was some massive confession other people couldn’t know. It seemed like he was doing okay though because she had laughed several times tonight and she kept leaning in closer to him. He knew because he kept smelling a hint of her light, floral-scented perfume. When she pointed out that he noticed her eye color he chuckled “Oh I didn;t just notice...I have memorized...they are so...pretty…” he could get lost in them if he stared for too long.

Okay he was starting to get the part of being drunk where he was sappy, hopefully that wouldn’t scare her off too much but it did mean the flirty dial was now turned all the way up. He kept finding himself dropping his gaze down to her lips as she talked, they were full and pouty and she had a pretty shade of lipstick on which made them shimmer a little in the bear lights “Well then make sure you tell him that” he jested playfully when she spoke such praises of her friend “Not everyone is lucky enough to have such good friends, honestly I haven’t spoken to my best friend in such a long time” he sighed, he missed Eun a whole lot and while they had kept in contact over the years it wasn’t the same. He chuckled slightly when she spoke about settling it with money “If only we all had so much money to throw around” he jested, poking against her arm “You don’t seem so hard done by to me” he grinned playfully.

He had a dreamy expression on his face as he listened to her talk about this project she had clearly poured her heart into. Perhaps work wasn’t the best topic to be talking about when you were flirting with someone but he got the feeling with her it was, she seemed so passionate about her work to the point where this project seemed like more than just ticking off boxes for her “Well you already have me sold...if you sound that excited when you tell everyone else about it, I’m sure they won’t be able to resist visiting” he commented with a grin. He chuckled when she said his phrasing was weird “Well you wouldn’t understand how appropriate it was until you try it” he jested with a grin. He widened his eyes when she said she didn’t know what snuggles were and without a thought he wrapped his arms around her in a bear hug. Perhaps it would shock her but he figured they’d talked long enough now to know she liked him a little. He pulled her in against his shoulder and then held her for a moment, stroking very gently against her hair “See...not so bad right?” he chuckled before hesitantly letting her go.

“Well I vote that you change that not into an are...just for one night...the world isn’t going to burn down in the space of one night” or it could he supposed but that was besides the point he was trying to make right now, what he was saying was that there was more to life than work and she needed to learn the balance between it. Her little huff made him grin as she confessed that she didn’t do any of the fun things that he had listed out “None of them?” he gasped playfully shaking his head “I feel like I need to make you a fun list and then insist you check it off” he joked but there was some sincerity to his words, he did feel bad that she hadn’t experienced a lot of those things.

She was so used to drinking alone at a few bars, in her own corner. She didn't talk much, and if she did end up bringing anyone back home, there wasn't much talk, probably a bit of flirting here and there, nothing significant, really. But Hyunjin, he's different and the fact that he has already enraptured her from the beginning says a lot. She wasn't going to leave without knowing more about him, and maybe it's fine to stay here for a bit before retiring back. He is one interesting guy, it would be a shame to just go away. So when he said he had no idea how to flirt, Irene raised her eyebrows and stared at him with a look that clearly showed how hard it was for her to believe that's true, "Are you sure? You don't look like you don't know how to flirt because you did just fine earlier" she pointed out wryly, how cute. "Never needed to, though… have the girls always fall on your feet wherever you go, I wonder" she leaned in closer to capture him properly, he was attractive and there was this air to him that seemed very approachable. 

She wasn't sure if it was the alcohol or it was his compliment on her eye color but her cheeks were flaming up, it wasn't too noticeable but she did blush. Complimenting her eye color, feels very classic yet she's drawn to it. She noticed how his gaze kept falling over to her lips when she talked, it made her smirk silently because yes, the amount of attention he's giving her is really giving her an ego boost. And Irene is anything if not a prideful woman herself. She knows her worth and is not afraid to show it. "You should talk to them" she mumbled softly upon hearing him say he hasn't talked to his best friend in forever, "Friends are so hard to find these days… good friends." There were so many fake people in the world and Irene learned it the hard way hence why she turned out like this, closing herself and cutting people off. She did have a lot of money to throw around, ironically. But money wasn't everything and honestly, despite having used living in luxury, Irene felt empty by everything. What's the use of having this and that when you're alone anyway? 

She used to tell herself it was fine and that having people by your side was overrated. Clearly, she was lying to herself. "Oh believe me… Looks can be deceiving" she chuckled, yeah most people didn't think so either. "If you had a lot of money to throw around, what would you do with it?" She's curious. Nobody has ever asked her what she wanted in life, so she was lucky to have someone like Leigh to hear her ideas out and then gush with her on the simplest things ever. Honestly, all Irene ever needed was a friend. Friends. When she was suddenly pulled into a hug, the blonde widened her eyes in surprise and blinked a few times before finally digesting what was going on, was he… hugging her? Why? Somehow she didn't find it in her to push him away until he pulled away voluntarily, which admittedly made the diviner pout briefly. That was a short-lived warmth there.

"Is that what it's supposed to be?" No, because she genuinely had no idea what it was supposed to entail. She was going to say the possibility of her company burning down overnight can be unpredictable but bit her lip instead, yeah leave it. "Then make me a fun list" she retorted sassily, "If you are such a fun person… you should know how easy it is to do that no?"

She seemed surprised by him saying he didn’t really know how to flirt which was honestly a huge compliment because he hadn’t dated in a long time and he certainly wasn’t that guy that went and tried to pick up every girl he met at the bar. He hadn’t been intending on even coming over to Irene until he had caught glances with her a few times and had a few encouragements from his work buddies, the beer helped too. “Guess it was just one of those things you pick back up...like riding a bike” he teased playfully with a wry smile, though he did scoff when she assumed it was because he had all the girls falling for him “Definitely, I’ve never been that guy” he responded honestly “I wouldn’t even know where to start in a club” he laughed in an embarrassed manner, he would have seemed so lost.

He was encouraged by the way she had leaned in closer to him naturally though, that definitely spoke a lot more and he couldn’t help but find his gaze lingering between her oceanic hues and those rosy pink lips. How could he stop himself when they were leaning so close to one another, close enough that he could smell the floral hints of her perfume “I really should...he’s one of those people you can just...see and it’s like time never passed” but he did feel bad for not catching up recently. Life just got crazy for him after Lauren passed and he had become a full-time super dad. Even now on the one night he had away from Rosie he couldn’t help but drift his mind to her every so often.

He raised his brow when she said that things could be deceiving and then turned the question around on him “I’d find more reasons to be able to be at home rather than wasting my life away on double shifts for one” he commented in a thoughtful tone, he always felt badly for working so long and not getting to spend enough time with Rosie, though he did his best to always make it home in time to read her a bedtime story “Work kinda rules my life but not exactly by choice” not that he didn’t enjoy it, he was proud of it even, but putting food on the table for his daughter was always priority number one. He wondered if he made a mistake when he pulled her in for a hug because of the way she completely froze up, but he followed it through as she made no attempt to push him away. When he let go, he gave her a semi apologetic smile.

“Deal” he responded when she challenged him to write her a fun list and he called over the bartender to ask if he could borrow a pen before grabbing a couple of napkins and writing out ideas of fun things to do ‘1. Go on a safari 2. See a musical 3. Sing karaoke in front of strangers 4. Watch a movie marathon 5. Ride a rollercoaster 6. Make snow angels 7. Swim with dolphins 8. Skydive 9. Make flower crowns 10. Kiss a stranger” he chuckled as he added the last one before writing his number neatly underneath it and then sliding it over the bar towards her” he lifted his gaze and smiled “Any more crazy challenges for me?”

Was she surprised to hear the same guy who just flirted with her hasn't been doing an ounce of this in his entire life? Of course she was. From what she has seen, Hyunjin was very on board and good at this, hell even she found herself grinning because of it. And Irene Farley is a hard person to impress. It could be because of her tipsy state but even then, it wasn't that easy to make her laugh unless you were being your idiotic self. That, or you're naturally humorous like him. "You sure do know where to start earlier" she pointed out haughtily, technically he didn't really start off on a good foot, if seemed very spontaneous and not planned at all but still, "How flattering to know an inexperienced flirt like you managed to catch the one sitting across the room's attention" she cooed teasingly. It was impressive to say the least. She was well aware that they were so close to each other in proximity, so much she could smell the cologne he wore too, yet it didn't seem to bother the diviner to be this close with a stranger she probably wasn't going to meet again after tonight. 

"Then you should take care of yourself even more, make time for yourself" she suggested, which was ironic considering she shouldn't have the grounds to give such advice when she's doing a bad job at it herself. "Well that just made me sound like a total hypocrite ouch…" Make time for yourself, she should be able to do that, right? It shouldn't be that hard. "I wonder if he's as cute as you" Even she can't deny the male sitting across her is quite the looker, he looks like a total puppy; a labrador to be exact. Shs was tempted to just ruffle his hair and giggle. "Double shifts huh? That sucks" she understood that work can be very time consuming for people, but sometimes they just couldn't help manage the best of it. Work is work, after all. Unless you're the boss, you can't exactly change your schedule for it to follow. She's her own boss and even she couldn't shift it as much to follow her own. "All of this and of course it makes people wonder what you work as" it sounded so time consuming she couldn't help but be curious. 

"But we have responsibilities and as much as it sucks… you can't just take a break from it and come back to it later" if they could, the world might've been a better place now without too many miserable people residing in it. To be honest, Irene had no idea why she didn't push him away but the warmth… she craves it. Perhaps, that's why. The entire time he was jotting down god knows what after she challenged him to write down the things that would make life enjoyable, the blonde found herself peering from where she was at, wondering just what the hell did he write down with such a focused and concentrated expression. She read it all one by one to herself silently until she noticed the series of numbers slotted underneath the entire list, specifically under number 10, which caused the dark diviner to smirk, "Is this what I think it is?" She waved the napkin a bit in front of him and chuckled before leaning in, their distance dangerously close to one another, "Kiss a stranger? Really? Is that recommended? Wouldn't it be… questionable and dangerous to kiss a stranger?"

He grinned sheepishly when she commented on how he seemed to know where to begin when it came to flirting “Maybe I rehearsed it a bunch of times in my head” he responded in a slightly teasing tone, watching her with an expressive gaze “But it’s very flattering, it gives me hope that maybe I’m not going to be hopeless forever” he grinned slightly watching the blonde with a contented gaze, she was interesting to him, playful and coy, it made him wonder how many guys approached her like this and how he compared to them. He liked to think he was doing well considering she hadn’t told him to just up and leave yet.

He pressed his lips together when she spoke about being able to find more time for himself, he was about to answer when she referred to herself being a complete hypocrite which made him laugh softly “Unfortunately rent needs to be paid and food needs to be put on the table so...working hard it is” he nodded, he’d accepted the single father life a long time ago and thankfully he’d had a lot of help from Lauren’s parents but life wasn’t exactly plain sailing and sometimes he couldn’t always be home or get Rosie all the things she wanted.

He laughed when she called him cute, but the rosy blush on his cheeks evidenced that he appreciated the compliment “More like, I swear the guy should have been a model but his father insisted he become a lawyer” he chuckled and shook his head playfully. When she asked him what he did for a living he paused for a moment and bit his lip before deciding he couldn’t dodge the question so may as well be honest “I’m a police officer for the ECPD” he responded and nodded a couple of times, hopefully, she didn’t scare too easily after that admission.

“Exactly...the world doesn’t turn the way you want it to just because you hope for it” if only it were that easy then Rosie could have the life she dreamed of. It hurt his heart a little every time he had to tell her no when she asked if they could get a dog or take a trip to Disneyland but it just wasn’t the kind of thing a single salary could pay for. All his spare money was going into her college fund to make sure she got the life she wanted. When he handed her the napkin he didn’t even realize he was holding his breath as he watched her oceanic eyes scan over the items one by one. He gave a shy smile when she asked if his number was on there “It’s exactly what you think it is” if she wanted to call him she could, if not the no hard feelings.

He widened his eyes when she leaned in closer and mentioned the last point he put down, he had been writing it in jest really but now she was so close that he could smell the soft scent of her perfume and those pretty pink lips came into view “Really dangerous” he responded as his eyes lifted to hers and he leaned in a little bit closer “But doesn’t it sound thrilling” he whispered, leaning close enough that she would be able to feel his breath on her lips, his gaze challenging her to make the last move.

"That seems likely but the fact that you're telling me that now made me believe that was not what happened" she chuckled, there was no way he rehearsed all of that, the whole conversation they had up until now and how he had approached her all seemed so spontaneous. Which was one of the things she actually liked about tonight. Even under the dim lighting of the bar, she could clearly see the expressive gaze he sent her way, she especially couldn't take her eyes off his dark hues, it made him look… harmless. In a good way. He was radiating warmth and home, somewhat. "You're not going to be hopeless forever" she scoffed, she couldn't see that happening unless he really wasn't just donning the puppy suit but is an actual puppy; an oblivious one. Doesn't seem likely for that if she was being honest. He probably led a decent life, perhaps even the type to have a routine day by day and work a 9 to 5 job. But there was something else about him that really enticed her and she couldn't pinpoint what it was exactly. 

"An adult's responsibility… how upsetting can we be" she muttered softly under her breath, she never took the lavish life she lived in for granted, despite coming from a well off family, she didn't get where she is today by just putting her legs on the table doing nothing. For decades, she used a proxy and worked as the CEO and thus the reason why Unruly Eve only ever had female CEOs for the past 60 years. People can't know she's not aging. It wasn't until this year that she decided to come out and don her own identity. She couldn't detect the blush on his cheeks because the lighting was horrible and her eyesight was slightly hazy from the alcohol consumption, but as horrible as it was, she could still see how handsome the male sitting next to her was. "So he's that good looking huh?" A model, that sounds like a looker. "He must be a good student if he's a lawyer then" even if you have connections, which you seriously needed to get up the ranks in that type of field, you still needed an outstanding resume to fit the bill. 

Irene swore she choked on her drink which made her throat feel as if it was on fire, a police officer? At ECPD? "A cop… I can't believe I met a police officer of all people… at a bar trying to flirt with me and succeeding" she chuckled, it was all so hilarious to the blonde. She even made a playful gesture where she showed him both her hands and giggled about how he should arrest her. Clearly, Irene was past the stage of being just 'slightly tipsy'. When he confirmed her suspicion, the dark diviner chewed her bottom lip absentmindedly while staring at him, her stupid heart is actually beating nervously as if she just developed a new crush. Or a new contender for her to defeat in the business. Either way, it gets her adrenaline rushing. 

She didn't know what made her snap and pull him in like that, but the next thing she knew, she had crashed her lips on him after pulling him in by the collar. It was supposed to be an innocent peck. No, it wasn't. It was never going to be an innocent peck, she was way too attracted by him to just leave it at that. The moment she pulled away, she bit her bottom lip and held her gaze on his lips before going back to his gaze back and forth a few times. "How about that?"

He tilted his head “Well then the only other possible explanation is that you’re somehow weak to my charms” he chuckled softly under his breath and shrugged, he was winging it really but the fact she was still here attested to the fact that she must have some sort of weakness for his flirting. He chuckled when she said he wouldn’t be hopeless forever “Oh there’s no way you could know that” he licked his lips and grinned, he really was hopeless when it came to dating because he never managed to make time for it, always excusing himself from doing it by saying Rosie needed this or that or it wasn’t the right time. If it wasn’t for the fact he was a little drunk and his colleagues had pushed him, he’d have never approached Irene today.

He gave a half-smile when she complained about how responsibilities could get in the way but shrugged it off slightly, he was proud to work hard for his daughter and ensure she had the things she wanted, sure it was tough sometimes but seeing the smile on her face made it all worth it. “He really is” he responded with a chuckle shaking his head slightly, he remembered all the girls at school crushing on Eun and staring at him with those puppy eyes though he never really seemed to notice them. “He was my tutor at one point, his parents pushed him pretty hard but he excelled like crazy regardless” Hyunjin had always been a little envious of him but he was such a kind person that it was impossible to hold resentment against him.

He widened his eyes a little when she responded to his career choice wondering if that would completely scare her off, it seemed to do that he’d noticed by the fact that all his single buddies on the force had struggled to find a date. His surprised expression changed to a bright smile when she pointed out he was flirting with her and succeeding though “Maybe you have a thing for authority” he teased playfully. She was cute, especially with the way she giggled and held her hands out towards him, and he grinned wrapping both of his hands around them playfully. He lifted his gaze to her smirked slightly. He got the feeling that not a lot of people got to see this side of her, the girly, softer side of her that became evident the more she had to drink

He honestly hadn’t expected her to actually go for it, of course he wanted to kiss her, his eyes had naturally been trailing her lips while they were talking but he still sucked in a breath of surprise when he felt her tugging her in by his collar, he was knocked off balance and before he knew it, his lips were pressed against hers. His eyes fluttered closed as he took in the moment, he could taste a hint of alcohol on her lips but mostly she felt warm, soft against him. He returned the kiss with equal passion before his eyes finally fluttering them open. She was so close and he could see the way the colors reflected in her eyes “That was..” he didn’t have words and so he just pulled her in, arms wrapping around her neck before kissing her again softly, with intent, not caring if anyone saw the two of them practically making out at the bar, when he pulled back against he was breathless.

RSS

© 2024   Created by ✓ Ophelia Dreyvalian ~Admin~.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service