Yeon had never really been one for the politics that went on in Evermore city, frankly he just didn't have much time for them, he knew what was going on sure, he'd be stupid if he didn't pay attention to the tensions going on in the city, but he'd never really gotten personally involved, unless you counted bedding people from other factions as personally involved, in which case he was about as involved as they came. That was beside the point though, the point was that it took a lot for the valkyr to be interested in the happenings going on with his own faction, let alone the worries of the city. 

That was why he had been so off about this whole meeting thing that Gideon was pushing between the celestial faction and the valkyr from square one. Of course, he got the idea behind it, Valkyr was weak to celestial energy to the point it could kill them, if there was a way to stop that then it was stupid to say no to right? Yeon just really didn't like the idea of being tied to another person, in fact, it kinda weirded him out. Still, Gideon had asked him not to completely throw the idea out of the window and Yeon had agreed, begrudgingly, to meet people from this so-called faction in the name of the alliance they were trying to form. 

As so, here he found himself, on his one day off this week, in the west of the city, standing outside the very obvious and somewhat cheesy looking castle. Everyone else had already had their chance to do this as a group which made Yeon the lone visitor today. Not that he particularly cared, he was the kind of guy who could walk into a party alone and late and not be phased by it. "Here goes nothing" he muttered to himself as he made his way up to the door and knocked, though as soon as his arm rested against the door he realized it was already open and simply pushed it gently. He tilted his head as he stepped into the entryway, the place didn't look like what he'd expected, it was pretty modern and actually kinda home like, appearances could be deceiving he supposed.

Standing there he realized that he actually had no idea what he was supposed to say or do here, he could hear voices in the next room, sounding a little like bickering so he figured he'd go and ask instead of standing around like some crazy stalker. Walking through the stone halls to where the voices came from he popped his head around the corner as he heard one of the voices stating their clear distaste for this whole pairing idea. Ah! Someone who he had something in common with then it seemed. Neither of them noticed him so he cleared his throat "Hi" he stated once he had their attention "Name's Yeonseok Lee, Gideon sent me" to which the dark-haired woman gave the male a knowing look and left the room giving Yeon a nod.

"Nice to meet you too" he commented as she left the room before he focused his eyes on the male he supposed they'd picked out for him. He looked Korean, huh, no points for originality on who they chose to pair him with then. "So this is about as awkward as I expected it to be" he commented as he gave the celestial a once over, well at least he was good looking he supposed. Without being invited Yeon made his way over to one of the couches in the room and collapsed down into it, leaning his head against his arm, he wrinkled his nose when he realized the other male was just staring at him "What? Do I have something on my face?" he asked curiously. 

Views: 539

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

So, Yeon was that guy. The one that oozed so much confidence that created a whole bubble to push the charms on everyone else he come across. That's one of the main reasons why Hanseol is actually very intimidated and overwhelmed by the aura that shrouds the valkyr. If there was a fence in between them, consider him running far away while his heart still wants to try and cross them even though it's most likely that he'd get electrocuted by the circuits. Yeon was that enigmatic. Perhaps it was just his valkyr beauty. If that even makes sense. Raising his eyebrows at the male who's just going on about how honest he actually can be, the celestial snickered. “I'd record that just to blackmail you forever.” He actually would, no kidding.

Underneath those soft layers, lies a mischievous bunny that's ready to hop on the fun wagon whenever he could get the chance. Don't expect him not to pull pranks, because maybe one day he might. And he's not even going to be sorry about it. A part of him agreed with what the blond had to say about most people not being able to form their own opinions being sheeps. Sheeps are easy to control, no? That's why shepherds exist. Though he wouldn't go as far as to say such phrasing to conclude their state. His shy nature was still lowering his humility down. It was probably the only trait of Hanseol that there celestial himself found to be quite burdensome. That, and the fact that he didn't have the heart to hurt anyone or anything that is of living being. Who knows, with Yeon's help, maybe that's scheduled to change in the future.

He cluelessly pointed his index finger to himself, questioning the other male's meaning when he said he had potential. “I would've been offended to hear you see me as a sheep. I don't even like the color white.” he murmured, shaking his head in response at the thought of him not fading well with the color because he'd find a way to make a mess out of himself. He's an artist, was any artist not messy? His imaginations tends to outstretch a lot. Contrast to Yeon, Hanseol was more quiet and mild in nature. He was as reckless as a person could be, but he was a timid guy, who wished to lead a simple and low-profiled life so he would be able to see more of this world. This was, a bit different from the guy he was though. Jae's arrival changed things, a lot of things. His head is now swirling into the direction where Jae was all that he wanted his life to revolve around.

Following the remark from the blond, the star shrugged and wrapped his arms around the cushion on the couch so he wouldn't end up biting his nails because he's getting incessantly jittery. The tics really acting out. “I think that's one of the things we're quite similar with your kind, right? We both had to endure a tragic kind of life at some point of our lives. But the important thing is.. You move on from it.” Despite his initial intention to make himself feel better about this important step in his future, his tone was wavering slightly which made it sound like it was laced with uncertainty. But his eyes lit up hearing that the valkyr wanted to help him, not just in the outer part but the internal part of him that was still struggling like hell. It was appreciative and Hanseol wasn't sure if there has been anyone else who wanted to do things for him that wasn't his boyfriend. “I await that day to finally come. Maybe then I wouldn't be so.. Indecisive that much.” Finding the right word wasn't easy for him.

“Small things that matter?” It was just astonishing to see how innocent Hanseol looked and sounded at this moment, his eyes grew wider and the pupils dilated twice it's usually size, with him blinking three times. He was trying to comprehend what Yeon meant. He's never been good at word phrases. “I guess now that I kinda have someone to want to do things for, it will occupy that spot perfectly.” Just the thought of the mint haired dhampir was possible to make the celestial melt every barrier he's placed on his front. Jae was like a screwdriver, but by no means troublesome. He was able to keep the screws around Hanseol outstandingly. To keep him standing and not broken.

Offering the valkyr a soft smile in return, he clicked his tongue twice before quirking the corner of his lips into a thin line. “That's only because you've never came across yours, haven't you? The time will come. I believe everyone has their own significant others. Whether they manage to find them though, that's the tricky part.” Hanseol was a big believer on such things like fate and destiny, blame his way of life then. “Maybe there's always been that pesky hope in me, but it dimmed down when my light was rendered useless. Then after getting back to the world, it was reignited by someone else.” He missed his light, even though he will never admit it. And the fact that Jae expressed his fondness on his faint glow, it made it even more comfortable for the celestial to surround himself with it. He would no longer need to look at the mirror and frown at the light he exude that would definitely attract others’ attention-- supernaturals, basically. “But that's probably me being cheeky.”

Hearing Yeon's brief story, Hanseol bit his lip and frowned softly. He never knew how it felt to die. Was it cold? Was it what others said it was? Did they even remember them? At least, Han only spent 3 months with his adoptive parents. 3 months that ended too soon, the period of time he'll always resent himself for being so stubborn, when he knew he'll never be able to get it back no matter how hard he tries. “I'm sorry to hear that. But you're right, you can't let the past drag you down when you've been given a second chance.” He knew the last thing the valkyr wanted was a sympathy card from the celestial. “Do you know how this bond works? What's the process? I didn't read into that, unfortunately.. Probably because I never thought it would happen for me.” His cheeks flushed momentarily, producing a pinkish tinge tracing his cheeks though it wasn't that visible. The celestial was just embarrassed he wasn't prepared, that's all.

Yeon chuckled a low and knowing laugh “Good luck finding anything I’m ashamed enough of to blackmail me” the valkyr liked the sound of his own voice, he did stupid bold things often, he didn’t care what most people said or thought about him, especially strangers. His confidence was his way of coping with the world he supposed if everyone was going to judge him and form their own opinions without even getting to know him then why should he give them the time of day. What right did any other person have to control the person he was and the life he leads.

He did have a good feeling about what he could bring out of Hanseol though, there was a hint of someone who wanted to come out of their shell there, he got the impression of confidence from him at times but then it also came with a certain level of shyness, mostly stemmed from the doubts he had in his own worth, the valkyr had concluded. Yeon was sure with time that confidence could definitely overtake him, he already got the teasing vibes from Hanseol and while he had some pretty pessimistic views, perhaps having a friend would be good for him. To be honest Yeon could use more friends himself because he spent a lot of time alone and that wasn’t considered all that healthy, plus someone had to be around to pop a hole in his ego every so often.

The blond valkyr rolled his eyes at Hanseol commenting on the color of sheep, that was hardly the point that Yeonseok had been trying to make, though he did see slightly foolish tendencies from the celestial so he supposed that made sense “What’s wrong with white?” he asked with raised brows “White is a blank canvas ready to be made into whatever you want it to be” he nodded softly, he supposed he could have been described as the color white when he first woke as a valkyr, someone who was given a new life that he could make into whatever he wanted and Yeon had chosen to chase success, and it had worked. “So let’s hear it Hanseol, if you could have anything for your life, paint a picture of what it was so to speak, what would it be?” Yeon arched a brow, it would be interesting to see what the celestial wanted for himself, especially considering all that talk of death.

It didn’t escape his notice that he’d made Hanseol a little nervous, he tended to do that, his personality was a lot for most people, he didn’t really know how to dial it back though, Yeon tended to have 2 settings, full on or nothing at all. Considering he was thinking about keeping the other male around, today was a 100 kind of day. When Hanseol made a decent point Yeon nodded in agreement “Yes we do, we take the shit life throws and we say, fuck that and we look towards better things” that was his optimistic spin on what the celestial said. Yeon could have probably been a life coach if he so wished, he had always been pretty charismatic, that was what made him a decent teacher he supposed “Bad way to phrase it” he corrected the other male “You strive for that day to come” he repeated back to him with a nod, the optimism started with getting rid of that doomsday talk the celestial seemed to have.

“Yes” Yeonseok nodded a little “If you spend all your time looking for perfection then you will never be satisfied” he explained with a shrug his shoulders “But if you search for the small things that matter, you’ll realize that overall, things are better than you might think” he ran his tongue over his lip before he started listing ideas off “Not waking up alone, buying yourself something because you worked hard for it, the smile you made someone pull, your hair looking great that day, finding a new song that makes you happy” the valkyr shrugged hoping that made more sense “Small things in general, but each one matters” that was how he coped with the bad hands he was given, by looking past it. It did worry Yeon a little, just how much of Hanseol’s life seemed to revolve around another person, especially because he knew that not every relationship lasted forever and he didn’t think he’d like to see the fallen star broken that way.

That was the one topic that he probably wasn’t confident in speaking about, how could Yeon say anything about the idea of a significant other when he’d never had one, never had that personal experience to draw from. And it wasn’t like he couldn’t have had one if he wanted to, he had plenty of people he’d slept with that he knew wanted more, wanted the hearts and the flowers and the commitment. But Yeon just didn’t feel that way about it, to him that was a tie around the ankle he didn’t want. He knew he was selfish in that respect but it would take a hell of a someone to change his mind. When Hanseol spoke about hope Yeon smiled “Well I’m not taking any of the hiding who you are bull” he commented “If we’re gonna do this, it’s not gonna be hiding in the shadows waiting to die, that’s not my style” and by making this bond he was signing himself up for this so he wanted to be clear on that detail.

Yeon nodded, he knew his story was a sad one but he hoped his reaction to it was an admirable one, all he had ever strived to do was honor those he left behind, even if they never knew, he knew and that was what mattered “Exactly, if I wasted that opportunity I’d only be letting not only myself but those I left behind down” and that was why he had pushed so hard on every front. When Hanseol asked if he knew how the bond worked Yeon nodded softly “I do” he responded noting the way the celestial seemed embarrassed at his lack of knowledge, considering he’d only been told 20 minutes before their meeting what was happening Yeon wasn’t gonna judge.

“It starts with an emotional bond, it won’t work if we aren’t willing to go through with this wholly, I guess the supernatural force or whatever it is, believes in free will” he chuckled softly and then continued “And then we have to share blood, I have to ingest some of yours and you mine” he breathed out a slow breath, that was the part he was worried about after hearing Celia’s warning to him “And once that’s done our energies will merge and the two of us will be linked..” he paused “Permanently” he added, there was no going back on this once they went through with it. He tilted his head wondering if any of that would scare the star off the idea.

There were plenty of things he needed to take into consideration before he even think about getting into this said arrangement. He had every right to be reluctant, right? He's only been briefed about this sudden meeting no less than 30 minutes ago and now he's currently talking to the person he might be linked to for the rest of his life. That's a lot to take in, even for Hanseol. Internally, the two halves are already sparking up an argument, both sides ready with their own weapons respectively. A told him to agree and take this once in a lifetime chance so he probably won't need to worry about his life for every second of his day. Especially when he has someone else to care for. He's good at multitasking, but not this kind. Whilst B just told him to take his time and think about it properly so he wouldn't regret any decision he would be making, when this felt rushed.

Honestly, B felt more rational in state, but A was there as a part of him too for a reason. His impulsiveness comes to surface occasionally. This is one of those times where it's contemplating to come up or not. One of those cons of being so indecisive. Again, the valkyr's confidence scares Hanseol, though he would never show it too much. But his flushed cheeks made a good point in betraying him. Yeon seemed like that guy who doesn't have any problems resting on his shoulders, where his wings are ready to flap away anyday, anytime. Truly, he has nothing to lose if this goes awry but the celestial? He's got plenty. Now A's starting to make sense. He really does hate when this happens.

When the blond spoke about white being the raw color that represented a blank canvas, his eyes lit up so fast that he looked up from the gazebo when had previously set on his own lap. Here he was, getting excited for no reason because a guy might share his interest. “Ironic that you asked me that.. I love painting.” he murmured silently but it was audible enough for someone who possessed enhanced hearing. What would he paint? “I-” But all of that came to a stop when the celestial once again figured that he wasn't entirely sure what he wanted. He was sure it was what he wanted but he's always shaped his life around people instead of himself, so there was no clear answer. “Sorry.. Uh..” A look of realization marred his boyish features as he was washed off with the waves of it. He doesn't know what he wanted.

A moment of silence ensued the room, leaving no space for him to speak because the airstream seemed constricted in him, the kind that would not allow him to speak any words into it rather than breathe. “I don't think I know…” The tone of disbelief and disappointment was too evident on him that it actually made him sad. Is this how it was for him? Until someone asked him, he never bothered to ask himself. The dark haired male just nodded to what the latter had to say. Yes, he wanted all of those. Yet, he couldn't find the strength in him to say those words directly. This is going to be harder than he thinks.

Small things that matter? Truthfully, Hanseol had no idea what it even meant to him. He's attentive but there was a certain oblivious degree to him that sometimes overshadows everything else. He couldn't even figure out what he likes other than listing off a few things like spoiling his furries, painting, and healing others. Apparently, he's that kind of person that wasn't confident enough to step out of his comfort zone without someone ushering or pushing. Listening to every single detail that Yeon listed off, he wondered if he could start doing the same. “I guess I should start doing that.. A lot sooner rather than later.” Right, if he wants to do this, he needed to challenge himself at some point. How hard could it be, right? Let's hope it's not too hard for him.

The fallen star knew instantly that Yeon was his opposite, which makes things so much interesting. It won't be easy since they're quite contrasting, but the result? It should be outstanding in every way. And it wasn't as if the celestial didn't find his company infectious. Yeon proved to be a positive impact even though he's only been talking to him for half an hour or so. He was curious what the valkyr would change in him if given a lot more than a few hours. His doe eyes never left Yeon's as he gaped slightly at the mention of the process. It didn't seem as easy as one would word it. Easier said than done, anyhow. He'd lie this idea doesn't scare him. But, it sounded so promising that even the most skeptical part of him was convinced that this would be for the better. “Do you have any problem with this? Let's say I am willing to go along with this. Are you? Blood sharing is intimate, I think everyone knows that. You don't sound like someone who wanted a relationship, would you be fine linked to someone else? Someone who would most likely influence your life afterwards?” He also needed to be sure.

Of course, there were parts of him that questioned all of this, it wasn’t something that he could undo if he made a massive mistake and choosing to link with Hanseol would always link him back to wherever the celestial was. Which from what he gathered was going to be Evermore city for the foreseeable. And that could be troubling because of his plans for the future, he hadn’t finalized anything yet by any means but the idea of making the move to New York had been weighing on his mind. He didn’t have a reason to stay in Evermore and choosing to live here was dumb for business, it meant he spent more on hotels and flights than he needed to and he was starting to question why.

Yeon smiled softly hearing something interesting come from the other male that wasn’t about his relationship, so there was a person with actual passions in there then, he was worried for a moment “I love looking at paintings” he admitted with a nod, he had so many original pieces in the studio it wasn’t even funny anymore, he was somewhat of an avid collector “Perhaps you’ll give me the chance to see some of yours” he prompted with a nod. Honestly, Yeon was just searching for the person Hanseol was, what his drive was, what made him tick. Those were the kinds of things that were of interest to Yeon when considering who to keep close.

The blond had to admit he was a little disappointed to hear the ‘I don’t know’ but then he wasn’t all that surprised either, he had met a lot of people in his life that seemed to be misdirected, with no idea what their long term goals were. They were all similar to Hanseol, floating from day to day, wondering why the world didn’t improve. “Maybe you should aim to figure out the answer to that” he admitted with a shrug, once someone had a goal they had a purpose, their own purpose and that was when a person really shone. No pun intended.

“I did” Yeon answered, he preached a lot of life advice but he realized a lot of it felt strange without the context behind it “When I was first brought back I was a shell of a person, I didn’t have anything and honestly I was like you, I didn’t care whether I lived or died, I was existing” those were dark times in his mind and honestly if it wasn’t for Gideon and Cecilia worrying over him, he probably wouldn’t still be here to tell his story today. “But eventually I realized if I’m gonna live forever, or at least till someone stabs me with a hawthorn stake, I’m gonna make it worth it” he chuckled softly “Start with the little things, strive for the bigger things” he smiled softly and reached out to place a hand on the other male’s shoulder and squeezed it “Accept help where help is offered” he added.

The two of them were very different, that much was as clear as the winter’s day outside, but Yeon also saw a part of himself in Hanseol, a part he hadn’t seen or acknowledged for a long time, the part of him that did need others. As he explained the whole process to the star he was very casual about the whole thing, it might sound like a big deal but Yeon believed something was only a big deal if you made it out to be one. He did believe that whatever this bond became, it was theirs to shape and control and that gave him some peace about the whole idea.

A shrug rolled off his shoulders when Hanseol asked him whether he had issues with the whole thing, he’d be lying if he said he didn’t so he paused for a moment considering how to explain where his head was at “I have problems” he admitted with a shrug “I don’t do well with letting people in” answered and pulled a thoughtful expression “I tend to keep people at arm’s length because that’s easier for me than risking getting attached” pointing out his own flaws like this felt strange he had to admit “I’m less worried about the bond itself and more what might happen if I fail to uphold my side because of that” he’d heard Cecilia recount her own guilt over what happened with her volakiri and it wasn’t the addiction part that worried him, it was the fact she seemed to blame herself for his death.

“As for blood sharing…” he trailed off and tilted his head from side to side “It can be personal or it can be transactional, it all depends on the mind frame you do so” he nodded slightly at the thought, most of the time when he took blood it was from people who wanted him to, so in that sense it was personal and could even be considered seductive “I can handle it just fine” he affirmed with a nod, he’d listened to Cecilia’s warnings but he was confident in his own control too.

“It’s impossible for me to explain a valkyr’s intuition to anyone who isn’t one, but it’s telling me I should go ahead with this and I’d be stupid to say no” he nodded softly “Are you looking for a reason not to?” he asked with raised brows. Yeon was good at reading people so the fact Hanseol kept turning the decision back around on him could be seen as a kind of deflecting.

To say Hanseol was glad he was able to find someone else who appreciates art just as much as he does if not more, it really caused a swell in his heart. The happiness that came flooding in earlier was immeasurable. The fact that the blond had the same interest alone was enough to convince Hanseol. A little naive and stupid, he knows, but it was a good start. Well, the honesty the valkyr gave him earlier was the actual first step. The celestial needed to know if he could trust him as well as he said he would and Yeon hasn't been giving him any reasons not to. When Yeontan asked that he give him a look at his pieces someday, the star returned back to his shy shell and looked down to his fiddling fingers as he blushed lightly. “I never really showed my paintings to anyone else.. Well, except my boyfriend. Not even my early sketches or casual drawings..” he mumbled shyly. Surely Yeon was able to pick up the shy vibes off the celestial first time he met him. It was glowing.

Pun intended.

Despite his hard-headed self, he is a shy boy. It was possibly the reason why he received such an innocent-like yet manly vessel. His doe eyes were able to speak the truth, the only part of his body that could never lie. He can manipulate his heartbeat pace to cover up the fact that he's lying or allowed his lips to do the verbal rest but never the eyes. Whenever someone would like to detect if the celestial was lying or being dishonest about something, they best well look into his eyes. He never meets another's eyes when he's lying too. It was astonishing to see how much a pair of optics were able to give so much away. “But I'd love to show one of the completed ones to you some time later.” This was the first, other than Jae, he never lets anyone else look at his drawings, much less peek at his sketches that he brought everyday to his workplace. And those haven't even applied to his painted canvases lying in his painting room at home.

He really should figure out what his goals were. Right now they're too vague and filled with ambiguity in every corner, and he doesn't even know if they were his actual goals to begin with. An issue he'll need to tackle very soon if he wanted to do any improvement on himself. Yeon was right. Perhaps, a little push and motivation from someone that could be harsh with him, is just what he needed next. Jae was too kind-hearted to do that to him and even when he did, Han remembered the time he got angry at the dhampir, and ended up hurting the man that would end up to be significant other later on. It still haunted him until today. Yeon's story was a tragic one, and despite not every single bit of detail from it, Han was sure that he received a good second chance. He too received one, the moment they were released from their cells, they were free. They followed Ophelia but there was nothing forcing them together, and yet neither one of them left. Him being one of them. He wasn't sure if he'll be able to find people who could relate to him anywhere else, that and the desperate need to feel solidarity with each other.

The celestial threw a thankful smile to the valkyr's way when he told him to accept help when it's being offered. He should, shouldn't he. “I've been too independent from the start.. I guess so much that I forgot what it feels like to be helped.” he murmured, the pace of his tone was calmly languid and there was no hint of dishonesty in it, just realization. From the beginning, he's lived an independent life and had no one by his side to help him through his hardships of being a celestial; a species that was being hunted down through the ends of the earth for their abilities. To gain a potential friend in Yeon warms his heart, to know that there are indeed still good people left in the world. Of course he knew there were, but he hasn't met enough to be able to make a direct assumption of his own.

Nodding in agreement, he understood about the attachment issue. Before Jae, he kept a long record of it. Even when he was locked in his steel cage in the Isle, he never bothered to speak more than a few words unless required. He couldn't be bothered to be attached to someone who's probably going to be gone soon. It aided his nomadic journeys a lot better before too. “Being attached, it's risky. Especially when you lead a conflicted and dangerous life, you never know what might happen and then when you got off well, the other end suffers.” He runs away a lot. He would lie if he still didn't have the thoughts of running away. Sure he told Jae he didn't, but the celestial wouldn't put it off too early. Hanseol didn't want to, that's for sure. But if he would? Maybe. Just a tiny bit of the urge still remained deep down inside him. Since he didn't know what would happen to the valkyr's side if they fail to uphold their end, Han didn't question further. It's best if he doesn't. They're not that close yet to pry in such matters.

Blood sharing still felt heavily personal for the star. Maybe it's just him making a bigger deal than it already was, but to him it was just as much. He understood he's a delicate being, his death like any other celestials’ death, was feared by everyone. But if he was willing to set his own personal minds aside for a little warranty in his fragile life, he would. Think of the side effects, he told himself. He'd understand Yeon more and Yeon would have access to his life just as easily, but he can handle that. He can, can't he? “It's not that. I'm fairly new to everything, really. I haven't lived much of my life to understand most things so it is overwhelming. Before I got captured, I lived 3 years. Then after we were freed 2 years ago, I would've lived mine for 5, nearly 6 very soon. Wouldn't that make me have the average thinking of how a 6 year old should?” he chuckled nervously but then continued with a reassured smile. “I trust you. I know it's foolish on my part but somehow my instincts told me to just do. Every time I ran, it's all thanks to my instincts. So I won't find a reason to stop trusting it now. It's not like you're not a decent person to be around. I was harsh earlier because it felt too rushed but now I understand.”

He understood how mutually beneficial this would be, and partnering up with Yeon didn't seem bad in any accounts at all. He could benefit a lot from him. So why not? “So I'm game if you want to go along with the arrangement. My consent is given and I'm here to do whatever it needs me to.”

The valkyr had to admit he was surprised to see that stupidly bright grin appear on the celestial’s lips when they started talking about painting, so there was something he cared for, it was like a switch had been turned on inside the star and he exuded a different energy all of a sudden “That’s okay” Yeon commented with a chuckle “I got caught up in your enthusiasm for a moment there though, you should hold onto that feeling” the blond wouldn’t force him to show his work if he didn’t want to, but if that was what he loved to do then it seemed like a no brainer to try and break down that shy barrier, perhaps he could make real success out of his work. Though Yeon had no idea until he got to see the work for himself.

It was interesting, to see the ways that Hanseol was confidence in some things and shy when it came to others like he was caught between two sides of himself. Yeon liked the confident part of him very much, he saw someone there that could truly grow into someone given the right advice and guidance, along with time. “Take your time, if we’re going ahead with this bond then it’s not like we’re going anywhere right?” Yeon shook his head a little, it still felt kinda crazy talking about it “Eventually we’ll either drive each other insane or we’ll be friends” he hoped it would be the latter and from meeting and talking to Hanseol himself he did believe they could be “Maybe I’ll show you my very expensive art collection in return” Yeon chuckled, he was a bit of an addict when it came to buying paintings he had to admit.

What the valkyr saw in the celestial was someone who was lost and looking to be found and he could see that meeting whoever this significant other was, had been a wake up call for the fallen star, but thus far it hadn’t been enough to make him want things for his own self. An immortal without goals and reasons to live really was a sad thing to think about because that feeling of emptiness could literally go on forever and it brought a lot of pain and sadness. Yeon had a taste of it for himself and he had decided he couldn’t live that way, so he found his reasons and they became so much bigger than he ever imagined them to be. It truly was amazing what passion could do for someone. If he was going to keep Hanseol around, he intended to help push him in that same direction, because he couldn’t stand to see someone wasting themselves away and not do something about it.

“People can be assholes and they can let you down a lot” he commented thoughtfully “But they are also what makes the world spin” he added with a shrug, he wouldn’t be where he was today if it wasn’t for certain key people who helped him with his business, Yeon knew when to take help “I don’t think there’s any shame in taking help” he admitted softly “I don’t think I’d be where I am today if it wasn’t for certain key people having my back” he added thinking of Celia and Gideon, both of them had encouraged him to get up off his ass and find himself and he was grateful they did that, because he didn’t want to look back on the past 8 years of his life and feel like he wasted it “But I do get not knowing who you can trust, I hope I’ve been able to prove to you that I’m exactly who I say I am”.

And he wasn’t a perfect example by any means, he was still learning and adapting every day, he still made a lot of mistakes, he still ran a mile most of the time when the idea of commitment came along, which was why today felt so significant and daunting to him. Of his own accord he would have never sought this out for himself but that feeling in his chest told him this was a good thing, that the star was going to change him, but that it would be in the name of protecting people, something his kind held dearly “I just hate the idea of letting people down” he answered honestly “I can hold myself to my own standards, I can exceed them or I can fall short of them and I will accept that but other people…” he frowned for a moment “Other people expect things of you and if you don’t measure up, then you disappoint them” he ran a tongue over his bottom lip “I don’t want to feel like I disappointed anyone.” which was a pretty vulnerable admission for him, he had to admit.

Yeon still had his doubts, he was sure he would always have them though because he was a see it to believe it kind of person and the only way he was ever going to know for sure was by experiencing it. He’d done his research, he’d spoken to those closest to him, he’d met Hanseol for himself and all of those things had only further assured him on the feeling this was what he was supposed to do. And perhaps he could have taken longer to ponder over the decision, but that would just mean suffering from this nagging sense of duty in the pit of his stomach which told him this was his destiny. When Hanseol said he trusted him the blond valkyr nodded “Then I’m going to choose to trust you too and I don’t trust many people” he admitted with a slow nod.

Now that they were both willing he could felt the energy between them both, it was a strange mix of light and dark, like they were walking the line between the two and could fall either side. He parted his lips and looked around for a moment before he nodded, well they’d made their decision now, they might as well finish off the deal before either of them changed their minds. Shifting a little he moved to pull a small box out of his pocket, it contained a few sterile razor blades. The blond gave a slightly shifty gaze before he took one for himself and offered the other over to Hanseol. He kept it on him because valkyr needed to feed and it was much easier than biting people and he hoped it would make things slightly less awkward for the celestial.

He’d never actually used one on himself though and valkyr healed fast so he knew the two of them would need to move quickly. Without hesitation, he reached down with the blade and slashed a clean cut into the lower part of his palm below his thumb. He took a shaky breath, he wasn’t sure why this made him so nervous but the idea of someone else feeding on his blood was completely foreign to him. Regardless he reached his hand up towards the celestial’s face, turning it slightly to make sure the blood flowed into his palm and not all over the furniture “Last chance to back out” he warned the other male and then held his breath for a moment as the scent of the celestial’s blood filled his senses.

They were both different people, with different personalities, but the small things that held them similar together made sense. At least to Hanseol. If this was any other day, and if Yeon was any other random stranger who he met, he didn't think there was even the slightest hint of possibility for them to speak or converse, much less strike an important agreement such as this. “I'm still trying to understand how the world works today, but I know the few things I do like to hold my enthusiasm on.” he quipped softly, clearly showing the intensity of his passion towards art itself. It was a huge contrast seeing as he'd surely dabble somewhere in the medical field seeing as he's a veterinarian, and had a door in his head that was strictly reserved for medical syllabuses. Yet the celestial still found ease and comfortableness in painting even when it ate his muse for days long.

“Oh I hope we won't drive each other crazy or insane.. I don't know how to cope with that, I don't exactly have a medical license to be taking care of deranged people.” It could've easily went literal in his case because well, he's Hanseol. The guy is filled with obliviousness so much that it warps another whole new bubble of world around him. But the snark lacing his tone however, it indicated that he wasn't really as straight as people assumed. Which had nothing to do with his sexuality, definitely. “I'd choose the latter any day though.” he added, and looked down briefly before returning to his usual stance. Hanseol admitted he was a bit harsh earlier with Ophelia about Yeon, and he should've given the blond a chance instead of refuting the whole thing in one swift blow. It made him feel embarrassed, because the celestial wasn't usually like that.

But just like Yeon predicted, there were different sides to him. Luckily enough, it's only two for now. But soon? God knows how many tiny branches had rooted from it. He's constantly fighting with himself, it's not even funny anymore. The fallen star thought with the existence of Jae in his life, things would get better and while it did, it somewhat fasten the process in him too. It successfully fueled whatever side he had hidden inside. Despite knowing how unhealthy it was to bottle the emotions up, he simply couldn't risk it getting out of control now of all times. The twinkle in his eyes flickered much like the star in him brightening up the night sky, or even the orbit and the galaxy, at the sudden mention of art again. “They say a wise man knows how to appreciate art.” And he believed that saying.

A part of him was immensely grateful for Yeon's help, even though the valkyr was in no way obligated to help him. He could easily choose another volakiri, someone a lot more maturer than he is, or he could choose not to bother. It wouldn't cost him anything. If anything, Han had more to lose than Yeon does. If this works, he'll forever be indebted to him. The celestial desperately wished for a life where he wouldn't have to fight himself; a life where he's clearly with what he wants. It astonished Han to see how the blond was for sure decades younger than he is yet he sounded so wise for his age. “Are you sure you're in your twenties? You don't sound like you are..I'm definitely younger than you right?” he asked inquisitively.

Though to be fair, Han probably had every reason to take his time. He was born in an 18 year old body which thankfully looked a lot more maturer thanks to his choices of clothing, but he had to face the world so early at a baby's age. His growth was stumped when he was caged and it was only after he was freed that he was able to recollect what was lost. He needs time, but time didn't seem to need him. “I told you before, I trust you. A little early maybe considering we've just talked for what- half an hour or so? But there is something about you that pulls me close to trust. That alone should be enough to tell me something.” he grinned, all the smiling made him look a lot younger than he appeared, with a tangible amount of innocence surrounding him like a halo.

This is the same energy he felt when he was at the hospital with Serena, who's also a valkyr. He didn't mesh well with the dark energy, like he's afraid the shadows would come grabbing him and drown him. When he saw Yeon taking out a box of razor blades, he couldn't help but to raise his eyebrows at the male, carefully questioning him alone with the look he gave. “Do I want to know why you carry a box of razor blades with you?” Admittedly, he knew they live off blood but don't they have fangs? Was it a hygiene thing or something? Preferential matters? He supposed it wasn't that much overwhelming anymore that he didn't think it'd be his fangs that would sunk in deep, even though he wouldn't care less. He had no issue with blood and despite his timid nature, he wasn't all scared. Worried, sure. Scared? Not that much.

Without hesitating, he took the razor blade from the valkyr and stared at it knowingly momentarily. The silver glint from its sharp edge was almost mocking the star. This is his first time offering his blood and in the supernatural world where witchcraft exists alongside other forces of nature, everyone knows you don't play with blood, a single drop was enough to execute anything. Han carefully made a clean cut swiftly on his palm, not too deep. His head went back to how many surgical incisions he's carried out. By the time both of them had offered both hands to each other, he had to ask. “How much do we have to drink? Any particular dosage?” Obviously, it was his first time feeding. And on someone!

Well, Yeon was glad to hear that Hanseol’s entire world didn’t only revolve around his relationship because honestly, the valkyr wasn’t sure how long he would be able to stand to hear about this significant other and nothing else. “Well, there’s definitely plenty out there to see and learn” he commented with a nod of his head, Yeon had a fair few hobbies which kept him busy but most of his time was spent on traveling and business at the moment. Which wasn’t a bad thing, he was making a fair amount of money with the choreography he was working on at the moment, though he was actually under NDA and not really able to speak about it “Keep the enthusiasm, you never know when you’re gonna need it” passion, that was something you needed to hold onto, because sometimes it would be all you had going for you.

The valkyr gave a knowing laugh when Hanseol worried over the two of them driving one another crazy, if Yeon believed that would be the case he wouldn’t still be here now, he was pretty good at reading people and his first impressions of Hanseol were good, there were things that concerned him, such as his reliance on a single person for his motivation but Yeon saw promise there, someone he thought he could help in more ways than one. “Don’t worry so much, I think we’d know already if we were going to try and kill one another in our sleep” he got the feeling that Hanseol was a bit of a worrier, which was understandable considering what he was. Yeon tried not to waste too much time on emotions he thought were useless, guilt and worry topping the list. That didn’t mean he didn’t feel them though, he just tried not to dwell on them.

Yeon nodded in agreement with Hanseol’s statement about art, art, in general, was something he felt strongly about, not just in the drawing and painting kind, but in the performing arts too. Yeon was an avid supporter of every kind, he liked going to art galleries and auctions but he also attended theatre performances and was actively involved in the music industry. He was even impartial to a bit of rap music on a good day. “Art is pretty much my life” he commented with a bright smile “Not in the painting kind, though I love collecting them” he nodded a little “I’m actually a dance choreographer” he revealed with a tilt of his head wondering if that would be surprising to the other male. What was surprising to most people was that Yeon had managed to make any success out of such a talent, it was rare to make it in the performing arts business after all. But then Yeonseok Lee wasn’t just anyone either.

Yeon did have this habit of picking out people he wanted to help, usually, it was small things and it was over quickly but he knew that helping Hanseol with his confidence and motivation would take a lot more time and patience. But he figured if the two of them were going to be linked for years to come then Yeon had plenty of time to work with and though he probably wouldn’t admit it out loud, he took a shine to the star. “You really don’t want to hear my grew up too fast for my own good story” he admitted with a shake of his head, Yeon had never really been a child, always too focused on what he wanted and how he was going to get there. “Plus death has a certain kind of change to your perspective” he shrugged a little “But no I’m 28 so I imagine that I’m younger than you” Yeon just hadn’t wasted a single minute of his life, the past 8 years had been very full on for him but that’s how he achieved success.

Not that he recommended anyone rushing through life the way he did, especially when he was younger because it hadn’t been good for his health at all, he just figured he couldn’t change the life he’d been given so he may as well make the most of what he had. Sometimes he let his success go to his head a little but he had worked his ass off to get where he was as evidenced from the amount of back and forth he was currently doing between NYC, California and Evermore. It meant a lot though, to hear someone they say they trusted him, Yeon took the idea of trust very seriously and he knew he would do his best to be worthy of the celestial’s, along with anyone else who decided to give it “Considering the amount of paranoia you must go through, that means a lot” he spoke sincerely as he matched Hanseol’s smile with one of his own. He felt the nerves in his chest settle some, this was better than he had expected this whole situation to be and the only person to thank for that was the celestial.

It did feel strange being here, he could feel pressure on his shoulders which he knew was caused by being in the presence of a being of pure light, it didn’t help that there were loads more of them here in the castle. But he’d agreed to come here because he wasn’t afraid and he figured it would be easier for whoever they paired him with to be in a place where they were at an advantage. Still, he could feel a certain kind of weakness hanging over him which he didn’t like. When Hanseol questioned the razor blades Yeon shrugged a little “I’m not big on biting people” he admitted and pulled a face “Feels too personal to me and I try and keep feeding away from feelings” which he would imagine Hanseol would prefer in this situation.

Yeon was the first to offer his hand out to Hanseol, the valkyr tended to be bold so he was okay with being the first one to take the leap and even offered the celestial an out if he had any more doubts. The valkyr had asked all the questions he needed to, so he was ready for this, though he still felt a sense of apprehension and that nagging warning from Cecilia was plaguing his mind “I think you’ll know when it’s enough” he admitted, valkyr knew when they’d gotten enough blood to fully recharge their strength, he had the feeling this would be the same, though with more impact.

With a sharp inhalation he took in the sweet scent of the celestial’s blood, he could already tell that it would taste different than any blood he had fed on before, he reached up the hand that wasn’t held out in Hanseol’s direction and tucked it behind the one in front of his face, pulling it in closer to his lips as his open mouth moved over the line of red on the celestial’s palm, his grip tightened a little as the taste of Hanseol’s blood exploded in his mouth and he felt a strange sensation take over his whole body. The valkyr felt dizzy and lightheaded and yet he couldn’t bring himself to want to stop. This was the feeling of his body filling with a celestial’s light and it felt glorious like he had been pulled out from the shadows he had been lurking in for just a few moments.

Yeon, however, kept a sound mind on him, he had prepared for this feeling and once he swallowed down a full mouthful of the blood he forced himself to pull away, he could sense the bond between him and Hanseol starting to take form, drawing a thread which he almost swore he could actually see between them, he kept a hold of Hanseol’s hand to prevent the blood on his hand from spilling all over the floor as he waited for Hanseol to finish the exchange between the two of them. 

How curious was he? To learn more about the world and make his own assumptions? Very. Hanseol wanted to understand his surroundings and the people around him, and maybe, just maybe, he could finally push that side of him that felt so helpless every time something occurs. Like the attack that took place at his clinic, if Jae wasn't there, he was sure he would've been subdued eventually no matter how much of a fight he put up. Why? It wasn't because he didn't have enough defensive actions to maneuver around the scenario at hand, but simply because he couldn't bring himself to hurt anyone else. Not even when they're trying to hurt him. He sees it as a cowardice move, as pathetic as he could be. Perhaps Yeon could change that about him. It's time for him to get our from the shadows that entrapped his entire being for so long, or rather, into the shadows and get himself used to it.

“And I look forward to it. Every single detail of it.” He's willing to push everything behind just for the sake of this. This would shape his future, it would shape him. Art was all that he knew. When his adoptive father went down the rabbit hole shortly after his adoptive mother's untimely death, Han was forced to go about his life alone. A 3 month old guy trapped in the vessel of someone who doesn't look a day older than 18, who didn't even know what he is truly, roaming around the ends of the earth, seeking for a purpose so the fulfillment wouldn't be so messy. How different he was from the boy he was, the boy he used to be. “It actually surprises me to see just how far I've gone through.. And how different I am. 88 years ago, I don't think I would be this guy.” But then again, he didn't think he'd be anyone who could make enough of an impact at all. ”It's funny..”

Leaning back by just one step, he gave a scrutinizing look at the valkyr, analyzing the male from head to toe. “But just to be sure, you know I'll never kill you in your sleep.. Or plot anything of that matter.” he assured slowly. “Unless you mess with my work.. Then that's war. I'm not kidding. If you spill anything, I will cut you, Yeon. In more ways than one. Thank god for your healing.” he just had to tell him that because Han really could go crazy over his work. It's the only thing he had of the past, the only thing he was able to hold on to and not taint with this madness and bitter self. In time his art turned darker as he too, took a darker turn during captivity, but it wasn't something that couldn't be fixed.

Yeon seemed to surprise Han every time he was given the chance to do so. He would've never had thought that the blond was a dance instructor, though he couldn't say he was surprised overall, because have you seen the latter's proportion? Okay, maybe he did check him out earlier, for researching purposes! He's an unusually attentive person, so he likes to be aware of his surroundings, despite his obliviousness always poking in. “A dance instructor? I'm impressed. What kind of dances do you teach mainly? Street? Contemporary?” Oh he would love to learn more about contemporary dancing. Like his art, the celestial kept all of those things under wraps; meaning it's only restricted to hobby purposes only. He's shy, a literal shy baby when it comes to that.

“I guess you're one of those who had to grow up too fast for their own good, no? The one burdened with either responsibilities or expectations?” he was careful in picking his words, but really the star didn't exactly have the widest range of vocabulary to go around. He's a literal 6 year old, if we're being fair. It's not his fault he had to act like an adult as soon as he crashed. Sometimes he wondered if that was for the best or the opposite. Finding out that Yeon was 28, he gaped in awe. He didn't act like a 28, if that applied to any heavy stereotypes out there. “You're very wise for your age..” he murmured silently. The valkyr didn't need to do much and yet Hanseol was already pulled in by the simplest things ever-- like how he carried himself with dignity.

Paranoia, huh. What a pesky little thing. The power it holds however, scares the celestial to oblivion. It could easily swallow him up a whole at any given time of the day, and he had no idea how to get back to the surface afterwards. Not without help. “I'm used to the feeling.. But at the same time, I can never truly get used to it. It's silly. Whenever I think I know it, it comes back with a new surprise. It's impressive really.” Of Coursemates when would find them intriguing. Only he'd find those thing intriguing and still remain him. “I'm glad you find it genuinely sincere.” The process wasn't going as bad as he thought it initially would. Thought that's probably just him making unfair quick assumptions at first. “So, you're a polite valkyr. That's the first. But I guess you guys got it classy too.” Perhaps biting feels too personal and too messy, he wouldn't know.

During the entire time, his doe-like orbs only grew wider by the second as he had his eyes fixated on the blond making the first move. He would know better and trust was already given earlier alongside his consent, he shouldn't worry over nothing. You'll know when it's enough? That honestly didn't bring any assurance to the celestial if he'd honestly admit, but perhaps it would mean something when he does it. So when Yeon lowered his lips on his palm, he only watched as the valkyr fed on him. It felt surreal, and he wasn't even sure how much the blond was taking because all he could think of was how easy he had made it out to be. He could feel the teeth grazing against the skin, threatening to tear it anytime. Since Yeon didn't bite him, it didn't bother Han as much as he thought it would. It was like donating your blood at a blood donation center. Only, there's no needle and it wasn't as stiffly at the other vein.

Once he saw how he's finished with his part, the celestial lowered himself slightly and pushed all the hesitation and reluctancy plaguing his mind. Of course he would feel weird, it's his first time feeding on someone else's blood, a phenomenon he never thought would occur. Connecting his lips together on the valkyr's palm, he made sure to only take what was necessary, even though he had no idea how much it actually says. The moment the blood poured inside his mouth, was the time when he could feel every senses unlocked and the neurons sending impulses straight up to the center. He wasn't sure if it was supposed to happen or it was just him being awfully overwhelmed by the sudden exchange. Han could feel the string forming itself into a fine strong thread, like both of them were finally molded into one another, similar to how one would feel after a meaningful embrace.

That was when he stopped drinking from Yeon, retracting his mouth away but not before lapping his tongue on the wound being made to make sure not one more drop would waste itself. He couldn't say the same for himself though, his palm was still bleeding. “Well.. That was something.”

The blond valkyr smiled softly when Hanseol acknowledged the lengths he had gone in his life “See, it sounds like you want more things than you admit to yourself” he commented with a shrug, if Hanseol loved art that much then Yeon figured he owed it to himself to pursue it, though the valkyr had no idea if he was talented or not. Upon Hanseol’s words about what he was like now the valkyr smiled “If we could predict what we’d be like after that much time I think we could make good money as psychics” 88 years was a crazy amount of time to think about, a lot could happen “Do you like the person you are now?” Yeon asked curiously with a raised brow, it was a bold question to ask.

Yeon chuckled when Han spoke about not killing him “Well I’d hope so, I already died once and I’d rather not do it again” he wrinkled his nose in distaste at the idea, though he did find it funny when Hanseol switched into aggressive mode over his work, he widened his eyes a little and then held his hands “Don’t get between you and your work, got it” he chuckled softly, not that he would be able to bring himself to damage any artwork anyway, he couldn’t stand people who found it fun to ruin other people’s hard work, it took someone to be really insecure to feel they needed to tear someone else down to make themselves better “I’d never ruin someone’s work on purpose” he assured with a shrug.

It was interesting to see the way that Hanseol reacted to Yeon’s work and the valkyr was naturally flattered by the other male’s enthusiasm, really when Han was positive it was quite addictive “I leave most of the instructing to my employees nowadays” he commented with a chuckle, but smiled softly at the next question “I have a range of experience but contemporary was my first love” and you know what they say about first loves, you never forget them. “Most of my work nowadays leans towards modern dance” he added, you didn’t tend to have much demand for contemporary choreography “More in demand” he added and shrugged, now Hanseol had brought it up he had the urge to return to his roots for his next routine.

“Got it in one” Yeon responded with an exaggerated shrug, it wasn’t always a bad thing to grow up quickly, it gained him a better understanding of the world around him faster and it also gave him a drive for success that was almost unparalleled to his peers. But it did mean that he could struggle to be around people who lacked direction or opinions, he just didn’t have the patience for people with no drive or passion, especially those who seemed to waste the time they were given. Hanseol’s comments about him being wise caused the blond to smirk “I’ll tell you a secret” he raised his hand as though he was going to whisper but spoke at the same volume “I have no idea what I’m doing, I’m just very good at giving the impression I do and people go with it” it was true, confidence got you very far in the world, being able to talk people around was a key life skill most people didn’t have.

Yeon nodded a little, he knew what it was like to have a certain emotion that you kept pushing down and then it came back at random times with a vengeance “There are some things we never truly shake, we just get better at handling our reaction to it” Hanseol was choosing to trust him despite the fact that a lot of people had probably let him down before, so of course that was important and showed a strength of character in the celestial that he probably didn’t realize. When Hanseol called him polite Yeon chuckled “I think most valkyr are, we need blood to survive but most of us don’t exactly enjoy having to take it, the one saving grace is we don’t need a lot of for the most part it’s a pleasant experience” he wasn’t sure how he’d handle it if he had to hurt people to stay alive.

And this experience was much like the one he had known many times before, his tongue reacting to the blood he was drinking down like a human might to their favorite food, but the endorphins that rushed straight to his brain was what made the whole experience so dizzying, it was new for him and he could understand now why it might be addicting. The blood as he felt himself reacting to it, was filling him with a certain kind of power that he could physically feel, everything felt brighter and louder, his senses felt sharper and yet they were all focused on one thing, how good it made him feel and how he needed more.

Thankfully the valkyr was pretty adept at self-control and so he knew when to draw the line, no matter how good the feeling was, he had certain memories he could always draw upon to bring himself back to reality which was exactly what he did as he broke away from Hanseol. And then he felt the other male start his part, he’d never actually had someone feed on him before but the feeling was about what he expected to do, the sting in his hand from the wound feeling minimal but there. His eyes, however, were focused on the thread he could see between them and the more than Hanseol seemed to drink the brighter it got. He was starting to feel different, like some of his memories weren’t his own which he could only assume was due to the fact that their minds were joining together, it was strangely personal and a little nerve-wracking for Yeon, something he hadn’t been expecting to feel.

Yeon just kinda stared for a few minutes dumbfounded by everything that was happening, damn this really was strange. He cleared his throat for a moment before he realized Hanseol’s hand was still bleeding, he pulled an antiseptic wipe from his pocket and held it out to him “You should clean that up before it gets infected” he stated before checking his own which was already beginning to heal. Yeon reached his other hand to run through his hair, well he still felt like himself but he also felt this strange sense of strength and light that wasn’t there before “I have no idea from here, the rest we have to figure out on our own” out of curiosity he reached up and pinched his arm, hard, to see if it elicited any reaction from Hanseol.

Perhaps he wasn't wrong when he judged Yeon, because the valkyr gave him good vibes and Han was usually a pretty good judge of character, so he's going to trust himself and go along with it. He did blush however, leaving the pinkish tinge tainting his cheeks when Yeon said he had more things in mind than he would lead on. True. The celestial wanted a lot of things that would pass off as trivial or pesky, but he would settle for them anyday, and whilst he's not complaining about his current one, he could wish for better one, right? There was nothing stopping him from wanting more than what he has, even though it would contribute to greediness, a flaw he would very much want to avoid now and in the future. As he blushed, he smiled brightly though, because the blond was right, truly on point with that. He wanted more.

“I do..but I also wanted a better life than I have now. I guess I should be thankful and grateful but a small part of me wishes for more. Am I being greedy? Or is this normal?” he asked, his curiosity peaking in. Yeon seemed a lot more experienced in these type of matters than Han, who's only lived for what- 6 years? That's about it. It seems that it wasn't only Jae who got into his bright energy, the blond seemed to lean closer into it though it could be him being him. Either way, it makes him smile in delight to know that there was still that part of him that would give others a comfortable setting. He wanted people to be carefree around him because he's experienced enough seriousness in his life that the celestial wanted complexity instead.

He had no idea why he's choosing to trust Yeon so easily when he's had his own fair share of betrayals. There was something about him that just sparked the length of trust in Han. Oh, he was right to like Yeon. He didn't think there would be someone else that would pique his interest other than his dhampir, since the celestial could be quite picky at times, especially when it concerned the company he surrounds himself with. The moment the valkyr displayed a rather childish set of manners that really comforted him, the fallen star found himself laughing. He's got a humor, he had to admit that, which was good because god knows how much Han needed plenty of those in his life.

“I'm sure you won't.” he mumbled in response to the valkyr's answer to his question earlier regarding his work. Hanseol takes what he does very seriously, a responsibility only he would know just how far it stretched for him as an individual. It was surprising to see an artistic ball that was Han pursue medicinal field, but it wasn't thoroughly shocking since he wanted to be in the field where he's able to help people. Being a doctor enables him to do that, even if he is just an animal doctor. Why not help the beings he enjoyed being around with? It's a win win situation.

He could see Yeon being a contemporary guy, and much like the male, he too had a level of liking towards the particular mode of dance. He likes to venture out of his comfort, and envisioned himself to draw what most wouldn't. His paintings are a good example of it. It wasn't the visuals that caught people's eye, but the colors and how well they meshed up together despite being stark contrast to one another. It's like saying someone shouldn't mix red into blue, but he did. It made his paintings look very unusual but unique, and the deeper people look into it, the more they'll be able to grasp the concept Hanseol was posing; the emotions poured inside. Not just his own but the subject of the painting too. But beauty is the eye of the beholder, no?

“You look like a graceful guy, perhaps that's why contemporary sounds a lot better on you.” he trailed, listing his own opinion by just analyzing the blond from his peripheral vision. He believed contemporary had more to cover and was infinite, a world where no boundaries were placed and it served him a comfortable reminder of how quickly someone can get lost in it. No matter how skillful the choreography gets, the style matters because of the disposition poured into them. To Hanseol, contemporary speaks more into that. “I said it before that you could pass as a public speaker, so that's probably it. You have a way to convince others to follow you, are you sure you're a valkyr and not a siren?” If sirens existed, he was sure Yeon could pass as one easily enough.

It was sad to see how far the media played the valkyrs to be the same as their bloodthirsty soulless counterparts, when the celestial could see the person in front of him to be nowhere near them. He could encounter Yeon on one of his good days but still, the star had a guess that nothing was that much different from the way the blond had showcased himself today. When he finished his part on the process, he could feel foreign memories seeping inside that wasn't his. He had a good memory and this wasn't his. It took him a while to realize it could've been Yeon's. Everything went by quickly, so he couldn't get a glimpse into them though he was pretty accommodated with the feeling it brought.

Han thanked him as he took he antiseptic tissue to clean his wound. What surprises him was the fact that it healed a lot more rapidly than usual. Celestials didn't have healing properties lacing them, so they could still bleed like normal people but his wound was closing in easier than expected. Granted, the cut wasn't even that wide to begin with but it still surprised him to see how it reverted back to its original spot slowly. Perhaps it was an effect from ingesting a valkyr's blood? Or was it the whole volakiri thing? He had no idea. Surprisingly, he was doing pretty well for someone who's literally just allowed the shadows to come creeping in, with a few side effects of being slightly lightheaded. Maybe, he wasn't that foreign to the feeling.

Raising an eyebrow, the celestial gave the valkyr a judging look when he pinched his arm. “What are you doing to yourse-,” unfortunately he didn't get to finish his sentence when he felt a slight poke to his own arm. It wasn't too visible or solid per se, but it was definitely there. He could feel the stinging sensation briefly. “Are you using yourself.. Well me, as a test subject.” he gaped in disbelief, really just questioning the blond for his earlier actions. “You could've at least said something..” The slight whiny tone in his voice surprised even himself.

Yeon caught the slightly pinkish hue to the celestial cheeks and realized that he had managed to hit a nerve, the valkyr was pretty good at giving advice, people would ask his thoughts on stuff all the time, especially during his dance lessons, sometimes he wondered if he should start charging for acting like their life coaches but then he couldn't complain about being able to bring some brightness to other people's lives. Yeon didn't comment on the celestials flustered state because he was pretty sure his point that been made already, it was okay to want things, want more, that's what gave a person drive and passion, it’s what kept them moving forward instead of getting stuck.

The blond shook his head when Hanseol finally put it into words “Honestly you seem like one of the least greedy people I've met” he confessed with shrug if his shoulders “It's normal to want things and to reach out and try to grab them, if you're not hurting anyone in the process then why not right?” Otherwise, you just sat around trying to be what other people wanted you to be and you never really got to the idea of true happiness. Yeon had always had the drive to search for better, he wasn't content with just what he had already, he was always moving forward. That didn't mean he didn't appreciate his existing success or relationships because he did, he always reminded himself how lucky he was to be able to do what he loved every day “I think my dream would be to choreograph a full Broadway musical one day” the blond shared with a slightly vulnerable smile, that was actually the reason he was spending so much time in NYC as of late.

Logic would say that the two of them shouldn't really get along, they didn't have a massive amount in common after all, Hanseol was an artist, seemed generally shy and sheepish at times and he cared about others to the point where it seemed his own self was suffering. Whereas Yeon was a businessman first, he was a charmer and sometimes intimidating, he always put himself first when it came to his decisions and most of the time he didn't care much for the lives of others around him. Yet somehow their opposite personalities worked, allowed them to bounce one another and Yeon somehow felt naturally protective over Hanseol like he imagined he might be over a younger brother which was funny considering he was he younger of the two of them.

“If you saw the back wall of my studio you'd believe me” Yeon answered with a chuckle, he owned a lot of art pieces, some by high profile painters whose work was worth a lot, others from local artists or people who he met and enjoyed the work of, often people commented that he had more art on display than most galleries and they weren't wrong, he was quite the avid collector. “You should definitely come to take a look when you have a spare afternoon, who knows, maybe you'll want to sell me a piece of your work to add to it” he laughed softly knowing Hanseol has already shot that idea down once but Yeon was determined to see the talents such a passionate person must possess.

When Hanseol said he looked graceful the valkyr nodded softly “Well the supernatural senses definitely help with that, but people have always told me my posture is excellent” mostly because he was always trying to be the best when he was young which involved being good at athletics too. Yeon was proud of what he had achieved with his choreography, even if he wasn't world famous because it was too dangerous to put his name and face out in the media when he didn't age, just the knowledge that he could have been if he wanted to was enough, the only reward he ever really needed was to see people's reactions when his routines were performed.

Yeon laughed softly and shook his head when Hanseol asked him if he was a siren, that would probably make his life a lot easier but it wasn't the reality. Biting softly on his lip he debated what he wanted to share about that before he decided that if the celestial was putting trust in him then it was probably safe for him to return the favor “Definitely not a siren, but I did study business pretty much from the age of 12” he responded with an arched brow, while it wouldn't be a topic he would choose for himself to study again, he couldn't deny it was a very useful skill and attributed to a lot of his own success “My father, he was a CEO and for the longest time all I ever wanted to do was do what he did” he paused a little, he wasn't quite ready to get into the full specifics but that was as much as he had told Gideon and Cecilia which showed his level of trust in this volakiri to be.

Yeon hadn't really thought about what this part would be like for him, hadn't seen it as all that significant if he was honest but now it felt like the changes all hit him at once much like walking into an invisible wall. It was a mix of emotions that felt unfamiliar to him but it didn't phase him either, Yeon had always been the kind of person who adapted to chance rather than wallow in the idea of going back to how things were. Yeon found things never went back to how they were, the world moved on, people moved on and if you sat and did nothing then you just got left behind. “Well it's odd but not life-changing” he commented with a shrug, now he was just really curious to figure out how all this worked.

Yeon gave him a ‘I don't care much for your judgment’ look as he reached down to pinch his own arm and then looked up curiously to catch Hanseol's reaction to it, he noted the very slight jolt the other male made which radiated from the same arm and pressed his lips together “Fascinating” he commented with an amused expression, well he had said he wanted to experience this for himself and it wasn't disappointing so far “Well now you are my only Volakiri and therefore my only test subject” he chuckled as Han continued to whine about it, Yeon was sure he hurt himself more than he hurt the celestial. “Well at the very least that means I'll know if you're in trouble” he went to stand up and moved a lot quicker than he was expecting to, like his whole body was suddenly lighter than it had been before “That's new” he murmured wondering if that was thanks to the celestial blood in his system or the bond. He was betting the former.

RSS

© 2024   Created by ✓ Ophelia Dreyvalian ~Admin~.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service