It felt like his memories never failed to serve him again and again, especially when he found himself waking up to a very familiar smell of sheets covering his body. He's gotten very used to the soreness he felt underneath lately, specifically, about one month and a half ago when a certain arrangement worked its magic and into his favor. The day the entire apartment complex complained over the series of malfunctions became the day Daehyun Stormwind finally got what he's been craving for months long. It felt like it was just yesterday, but truth be told, they've been at it like a bunch of rabbits mating since around 45 days ago. He remembered going at it over and over again. 

Their friendship blossomed for the better if anything, they still shared their stories and would often confide with each other. Nothing changed for the worst, in fact, it got better because neither of them needed to hold themselves back. On a side point, they also acquainted themselves better with Beth, the single mother that lives at the 10th floor, and Dae knew for sure he had developed a soft spot for baby Crystal. Their arrangement was the best thing he ever thought of, It almost became a daily thing and even then, Yeon didn't find himself needing to spend a night at his company working overtime when he knows he could get a stress reliever waiting for him. When he fluttered his eyes open, he realized there was an empty space replacing where another body should have been occupying the bed alongside him. 

Dae shuffled to sit and noticed he was laying on the bed alone, the same bed he was sure bared witness to his slightly 'questionable' escapades previously with the owner of the penthouse. The Niveis scrambled to search for his phone that was placed on the bedside table, the clock indicated he's only napped for 40 minutes, to which he yawned and proceeded on stretching out his limbs before climbing down from the bed and search for his underwear that should be somewhere scattered among the other clothes on the floor. While doing so, he made sure to inspect if anything was broken, thankfully, nothing was broken today. 

Once he found his clothes, he went to the bathroom to wash his face before making his way out of the bedroom to find a certain blond. The jumper felt snug on him but it does feel somewhat comfortable. It didn't take the snowy-haired male long to pinpoint Yeon's location when he passed the kitchen, "You woke up early. But then again, I guess being a Valkyr with high stamina means you don't need to nap to rejuvenate as much as little icy me, huh?" Dae took a seat near the kitchen counter and stared at the Valkyr while pouring himself a glass of water, "You okay?" 

Views: 695

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

“You’re a smug bastard, that’s what you are” he responded with a shake of his head because the other male had this feat on his list which no one else could take, the one person who made him want more “Though you may be right about rules being tiresome” thinking about what he was missing out was certainly something, he and Dae somehow complemented one another in the bedroom, both were willing to give and take, neither backed down from experimentation and most importantly there was no pressure to be anyone or anything they weren’t. “Sometimes I struggle to even recognize him because he can change appearance entirely in the space of a week” he shook his head a little, Yeon always tended to keep the same shade of blond in his hair and wasn’t the biggest fan of wearing contacts, he knew Jae wore them in place of glasses though “There was blue...that red for a short while...grey? I think there was a grey” honestly he lost track after a while.

Yeon raised his brow when he asked if he would pull Han off if he did launch himself at him “I mean I’d try but knowing his thrashing he’d probably end up hitting me” he rolled his eyes dramatically, Han was definitely an interesting guy to be around, he was always led by his emotions which could often make him temperamental and unpredictable. Yeon snapped his fingers when Dae said Snowball from The Secret Life Of Pets “Yeah! That one, I completely forgot the name” he chuckled softly shaking his head slightly “You’re now going to forever refer to him as Snowball aren’t you?” he laughed under his breath and grinned “Don’t worry, I think he’s quite something too” he licked his lips slightly “They both are” they had made very attractive friends, that was for sure, but they were both definitely besotted with one another.

“Tarzan” he laughed under his breath, well he didn’t think Han was raised by gorillas but it definitely did seem like Han knew how to talk to animals at times, he had caught him having full-on disputes with his dogs before and it was definitely entertaining to watch “I heard they do, you’ll love it, they have a cold enclosure, you’ll be right at home” he chuckled under his breath because Dae definitely complained about the heat a lot and Jae complained about the cold a lot which meant one of them was always complaining. He bit harshly on his lip from the way Dae was being so suggestive about spending their time playing some sort of cat and mouse game, he was into it “Well, in that case, I should just go already huh?” he smirked softly, Dae definitely challenged him in ways he didn’t expect. Yeon looked up at him, somewhat surprised when he said he would miss him too and then nodded slowly, they would miss each other because their friendship had come to be something the cherished.

“I will clear my schedule just for you, which given how hard it was for Ce to get me to do that, says a lot” he grinned slightly, he’d been taking breaks more often than usual lately and he didn’t hate it, another thing his Valkyr friend had given him, she was always looking out for him like that. “I think you were, I read about the history of Phoenixes and Initia and it was gruesome, I don’t think they would have let you two leave with your lives if you didn’t run” which was an awful thought but then he had decided that people, in general, could be awful and cruel. “Then what’s stopping you from reaching for it?” he asked in a soft voice “Are you worried it won’t be what you were hoping for?” or perhaps he was concerned it would hurt other people if he chose his own happiness. His expression was serene as Dae explained that he would try and find the person who sired him “Thank you” he spoke softly “Just knowing you’d try means a lot to me” but when he asked what he would say to them, he pressed his lips together “I suppose I’d thank them for the second life but...I guess I’d ask them why they left me” he just wanted a reason why.

“Were you scared? When you woke up a Niveis?” Mirae had told Yeon how Dae died, how he was stabbed by someone and left face down in the snow but he only knew her view of how it unfolded and not Dae’s. Yeon had been scared when he woke up a Valkyr, he felt like he had lost his own identity and somehow needed a new one, but he had no idea what to reach for in a new city, surrounded by strangers, it was a miracle he had managed to pull himself to his feet.

"You need to stop calling me that, you know. It's growing on me" he stuck his tongue out playfully because either way, it was clear that the Niveis was loving the nickname Yeon gave him. It reminded him of the first time they met each other,  or rather the first impression they left on one another. "See, I do make some valid points sometimes, you know." The two of them had an interesting dynamic together, the chemistry blows and everything else in that sense does just as well. Talking about Jae's physical appearance differing from one to another at a month made him chuckle, "Yeah, it does make me wonder how he keeps them so properly groomed" Jae always looked good in any other colors he's tried before. Dae still has yet to even try another color aside form his current pale state, "Do you think I should go take a page of a change from his chapter? Try dying my hair too?" 

He was mainly curious to see what Yeon had to say about it. What if the Valkyr had a specific color he likes? If he was going to do it, he may as well do it with a bang knowing his bed partner slash friend will like it too. Now he's picturing Han tackling him like a wild animal and it was enough to make him shudder, "Okay… now that I've quite literally pictured it, I cannot unsee it so keep my hands off Jae. Got it." He wasn't afraid of Han but the Celestial can be quite aggressive, and that often makes him unpredictable especially paired up with his impulsiveness. "Snowball Hanseol… yep, I can't unsee him now. Looks equally dangerous as he is cute. How ironic." But Snowball can be endearing, Dae actually found the character endearing. "Yes, I'm going to forever refer to him as Snowball." Han and Jae never stopped to shops how much they're in love with each other and normally, it would make the Niveis cringe because he wasn't used to such affection being displayed so openly in front of him but he grew to stomach it. And maybe, he found it cute too.

"Maybe not Tarzan… but impulsive and kinda temperamental aggressive guy who can talk to animals? Yeah… I can't exactly refer to him as Dolittle." He could, but that doesn't seem to fit Han either. "I'll stick with Tarzan. Next thing we know, he's growling at you. Isn't he supposed to be a star?" Stars don't growl. The thought of being able to relish in the cold place like that made him smile because Yeon was considerate enough to remember his preferences. "Yes, please go so I can finally know what it feels like to chase you till the ends of Earth. Then it'll be the best adventure we've ever had, no?" Perhaps he was already imagining what it would be like for him to chase Yeon, "Maybe you'll learn once I finally get to pin you against somewhere" he cooed teasingly and winked. 

When Yeon said he would clear his schedule just for him, Dae blinked a few times and coughed, "Will you now? Do I have to keep an eye out for your… Valkyr friend is she comes looking after me for being the first to do this to you?" Admittedly, Yeon did tell him about his sister-figure, Cecilia. He wasn't surprised that the blond knew about the Phoenix and Initia feud that lasted for centuries back, they were basically lifelong nemesis. "That's why I left… I had to protect her." It's a big brother's job. "What if I won't like what I find? What if I didn't find what I wanted? What if… I end up being alone after leaving for the thing I supposedly sought out? I don't want to be left alone in my journey... " The thought of being the sole survivor in his story makes it even more painful. Dae nodded understandingly because he could understand why Yeon wanted to ask questions, he wanted to ask plenty to his own killer but never got the chance to do so. 

Was he scared when he woke up different? That question but him so deep he clenched his jaw before averting his gaze downwards, suddenly the carpeted floor looks so much more interesting. What Dae didn't realize was that he had tears building up from within, "I was. I was fooled by the false hope of having the freedom to choose and that was taken away from me as soon as I finished hugging my sister. I felt the sense of reconciliation but it was robbed off me… when I woke up, it was so cold. Cold like I've never felt before. Cold that I wasn't used to. I woke up with nobody waiting… in fact, when I woke up, I was waiting for my sister who then followed suit. I was alone for hours. Nobody was there to tell me if I've reborn… or if I'm just dead... " It was a scary experience for Dae to sit alone while waiting for his sister to wake up. "I never knew how much pain it would be to be stabbed from behind… right through the heart too. Literally. I'm guessing that's how it felt."

He laughed softly under his breath when Dae said he needed to stop calling him that “I’m not usually one for nicknames but that one just fits you so well, how could I resist?” he jested it with an amused shake of his head. Mostly it was Yeon’s way of acknowledging how smug Dae appeared to him when he was able to make the Valkyr want things that no one else had ever made him want. It was frustrating and calling him that was a fun way to express the frustration. “It makes me wonder how his hair isn’t falling out yet” he retorted in response before running a hand through his locks “I mean he surely can’t afford to get it done at a salon every time” Yeon’s hairstylist often told him off for how often the bleached it to keep it blond but he liked the shade too much to give it up. When Dae asked if he should change his hair color Yeon blinked and leaned in closer to him, trying to picture him with anything other than the pale shade of blond he usually had “It’s hard for me to picture you any differently from right now” he commented softly and smiled “Maybe a greenish-blue would look good but still keep your icy vibe” truthfully he definitely liked the Jack Frost look.

Yeon watched Dae with a playful gaze and smirked, shaking his head slightly in amusement “You know I think he could actually do some damage if he actually wanted to hurt someone” but Han was the kind who was all talk and no action, which Yeon could definitely see getting him into trouble at some point when he started something he didn’t know how to finish “Or just...keep your hands off until his boyfriend says you can” he chuckled, he knew Dae had been secretly, or perhaps not so secretly hoping the two of them would be open to more exploration. “Dangerous, cute, stupidly fluffy, short temper” he shrugged nonchalantly “Yeah that sounds about right” he agreed with a shake of his head “You know he’s going to ask why you call him that right? Knowing his clueless ways he’ll probably wonder why you’re calling him an actual ball of snow” Han was very clever and bright in some ways but in others, he was completely clueless.

He shook his head a little “I’m convinced he really can talk to animals somehow, not in the literal sense but damn he seems to know what they’re thinking” it always shocked Yeon because while he liked animals and being around them he’d never had a close bond with one the way Han was with his two dogs and even the bunny which was often running loose around his home. “He’s a little childish sometimes but that’s what kinda makes him endearing” he chuckled softly “You feel like you should protect him” he added and nodded, protect him from losing that childlike innocence which shined in him. “God, you make it sound like it’s a simple request someone can start at the drop of a hat” he teased and nudged against Dae’s shoulder with his hand because he knew that look on his face and how Dae was already imagining what it would be like.

He shrugged his shoulders a little “My Valkyr friend knows I will clear a day for her if she actually gives me notice and doesn’t seduce my secretary to do it for her” he rolled his eyes a little and sighed “She may have sold the whole I’m spreading myself too thin stuff, I’ve been trying to make more time for everything else now” including spending a lot more time with Dae, which he was sure the Niveis had noticed because Yeon tended to actually leave the office on time nowadays and whenever Dae showed up at the studio he would reluctantly put whatever he was working on aside. In was a work in progress. “Well you say it like there won’t be anything waiting for you when you get back” he responded almost inquisitively and raised his brows “You wouldn’t turn your back on all of us that quickly would you?” it was irrational, the fear of being left behind or forgotten but also very unlikely after the bonds Dae had made in Evermore “You’re never really alone Dae, you must know that” his gaze softened a little “You’re always going to have me annoying from time to time” he added with a grin.

Yeon was curious to know what Dae’s experience was like with turning, they both went through a very similar thing, after all, they were killed and then woke up something new, the only difference was the species they woke up as and how they died in the first place. Yeon imagined Dae held a lot of anger for what happened but it didn’t seem to impact his acceptance for what he was now. “You must have felt so betrayed…” he spoke it softly “I don’t even know how you would begin to be able to trust anyone again after being quite literally stabbed in the back” he watched Dae intently his gaze wavering for a moment and he bit his lip softly “When I think about what happened to me all I remember is how fast it was, I didn’t really feel much pain just this sudden realization that this was it, this was all I was going to get” he saw the way Dae was tearing up and he wanted to comfort him but Yeon wasn’t really sure how best to do that, hesitantly he reached out to place a hand over his “Did it hurt?” he spoke it so softly like he was almost afraid to ask.

"You have a history of being very hard to resist things when it comes to me so I guess I shouldn't be surprised huh?" Was he extremely flattered? Definitely. He's been thinking about trying something new just for the sake of trying something he could tell himself that he wasn't just living in the past doing god knows what. So whatever Yeon was able to offer to him for suggestions were highly appreciated. He would like to impress, after all. "Maybe he's taking care of it using some secret formula? I mean they don't look damaged at all…" He was a bit envious that Jae was able to keep his hair and scalp healthy, like that. He was a bit taken aback when Yeon suddenly leaned close so suddenly and widened his eyes in surprise, "Keep my icy vibe? I'm still so cold though" he winked playfully and tried to take in the color for consideration.

"I was thinking of greyish silver, maybe then I can try greenish blue like you said. Hoping that I won't turn our looking like a weird alien… that'll be ouch." He wondered how he'll look, really. When Yeon said Had could actually do some serious damage if he wanted, Dae narrowed his dark hues at him and clicked his tongue, "What is he harboring inside there… A secret demon or something?" From what he's seen, the Celestial could actually look like he'd step on you if you dare disrupt his peace with his loved ones. "Until his boyfriend says you can? Yeon are you implying that Jae's ready to have me take him in some alternate universe? Or… this universe?" He was quick to lean forward and blinked a few times, that's an idea right there. The Niveis was confident he would always be picturing Snowball whenever he sees Han now, or even think of him. 

"I feel like he's watched The Secret Life of Pets though… but it won't be long till Jae tells him what it is and he evolved into a muscle Snowball." Han was many things but even Dae couldn't deny the Celestial packed muscles in that body despite not using them. "I get why you're getting along just fine with him, he's a hard sight to miss." Hey if Daehyun himself also formed a rather soft spot for the Celestial, he was sure either could do with ease. "It can be simple, you know it can" he cooed, he was sure if Yeon wanted something done, the Valkyr wouldn't stop there. He chewed his bottom lip and chuckled when Yeon mentioned Cecilia may actually get a pass if she didn't resort to another way, "Did she really do that? Seduce your secretary? Damn." Dae had that proud grin hanging on his lips when he said he was trying to make more time for others, he was glad to hear that and was immensely grateful he's on the list too. 

"Of course not. Where else would I be able to find a better company than you and the others? I need to continue annoying Han, and I can't find anyone else who's as easy as him" He wanted to reassure Yeon he wasn't leaving him, "Don't worry, you're always going to be number one, Yeon, I'm not leaving that and I'm not leaving you." It wasn't easy but he wanted to tell Yeon about his story, he wanted to share this with someone. Someone he trusts very much and that person is Yeon. "I had a hard time trusting people… that's why I never let anyone get close to me. Nobody's that close to me even if we've spent over a century together in the same tribe." The Niveis wasn't even aware that he had been trembling and that there were tremor in his voice, so when Yeon placed one hand over his own, Dae let out an instinctive whimper, "It did. It felt horrible. I… wanted to die. Sometimes, I feel like I still do." This was big, seeing as Daehyun's never let anyone know of his suicidal thoughts. 

Yeon chuckled under his breath, rolling his shoulders back nonchalantly when he said he found him hard to resist “What can I say? I have good taste and I like sticking to my standards” but he’d never been able to find someone who could keep up with him the way Dae did before and now he’d found someone who could it was hard to turn his attention away from him. “A secret formula huh?” he rested his hand against his chin and thought about it, Jae always seemed to be able to take good care of his hair despite all the colors he dyed it so maybe there was some secret “Well then I propose we try and coax it out of him next time we see him, he can’t hold it back from both of us” he chuckled softly, though he could definitely see Jae taking the chance to change Dae’s hair color given half the chance.

“Got it, mister cool” he jested shaking his head slightly “Grey sounds interesting though, not many people could pull it off without looking old but then I guess you are old so it works for you” he chuckled under his breath “It’ll match your grumpy old man vibe” he added knowing he had a little room to play around with Dae now that they knew each other better. “Well I don’t know if you’ve ever seen him after a game of Uno when he lost but damn, there’s definitely some kind of possession there” he laughed softly, there were two things that tended to tick Han off, his inner competitiveness or his concern for others. Either could make him go from fluffy to scary in 5 minutes flat. Yeon gave him a warning look when he spelled out loud what Yeon was implying and he sighed slightly “I’m saying you have to win them both over if you ever want a shot at that” he clarified but didn’t deny that he thought they might be open to suggestions.

“I mean knowing Han, he could have seen the movie and he’d still be completely clueless to what you’re referencing” it was cute, when he got himself lost in a conversation and just by looking at him you could imagine the elevator music playing in his head while he stared ahead with a blank look. “You can say that again, when I’m out with him I notice all the girls checking him out, it’s basically like a giggling fanclub” of course he noticed people checked him out too but they seemed to be much more casual than they were when it came to Han. “It’s not simple” he argued with a stern look, but for him, it also wasn’t out of the realm of possibility, he gave an exasperated sigh “But it’s also not something impossible” he’d leave him with a little hope because he was sure the Niveis really wanted it one day. He nodded, pressing his lips together when he asked if Celia really seduced his secretary “Sure did, there are no bounds when it comes to Ce, she can be a force” he shook his head, he was still trying to keep that one out of his mind.

“I mean sure if you looked hard enough you could eventually find someone who almost lived up to me” he jested it with a laugh, still chuckling as Dae talked about annoying Han, they definitely had a love-hate relationship but somehow it worked and they actually got along better than he ever expected them to. “Good” he spoke softly as he looked back at the other male when he said he wasn’t leaving him. It took a lot of courage for Yeon to let a new person into his life like this and he felt like he made the right decision when it came to Dae, he felt like he could trust him. “I haven’t lived as long as you but I know a little about keeping people at arm’s length, people let you down and eventually show their true colors” but in the past few months he had found people who he really felt like he could divulge himself to. He sucked in a deep breath when he heard the whimper which escaped Dae’s lips and he pressed his lips together “I feel like there’s always going to be a part that hurts” he spoke it really softly, squeezing his hand gently against Dae’s “But you made it this far and you said it yourself, there’s so much you haven’t seen and done yet” Yeon didn’t try to downplay the seriousness of that admission but he wanted to remind him there was more than just that betrayal.

“You’re not alone” he spoke it slowly as he met his eyes “And if you ever need someone to just listen, to vent to, to give you one reason to make it through a night” his gaze was serious as he lifted his eyes to meet his “I can be that, I can be miles again in another city and I will still be there” it wasn’t a secret at this point that Yeon really cared about Daehyun and considered him a close friend, which meant he would be there for him just like he would with any close friend.

If it was possible for Dae to feel even more flattered, the time would've been now. It was perfectly well carried out, as expected from the likes of the blond Valkyr that graced his company right about now. Why was he surprised? They've been friends for months long and all Daehyun only seemed to sense was Yeon's never-ending saga of confidence. Goddamn it the Valkyr very confident. "Yes, a secret formula. Let's be real, he couldn't have kept his hair all that well cared for without some sort of secret running around. He's been dying his hair how many times a month? I'm betting Jae's got a secret hairdresser somewhere... " He may need to coerce it out of the dhampir, though it was very likely to find himself in the same predicament too, considering how he's always dejected any further advance on giving himself a new look aka a "makeover" or whatever it was that Jae liked to call it. 

"Maybe we'll get the answer sooner than we think, he's been wanting to give me a makeover for how long now?" Okay, maybe it wasn't such a bad idea, he'll let the dhampir touch his hair. But only his hair. For now. A playful scowl worked its way up when Yeon called him old, "I can't tell myself to be surprised when you called me old. You're like one half mind with that Snowball kid, of course your dynamics are similar" Han has called him old countless times and it was a miracle to see the Celestial still standing properly with his two feet. "Grumpy old man vibe? Oh so that's not you agreeing that the grey color would look hot on me? Psssh, come on, Yeon, we both know I look hot either way" And there's that confident boost strap, right there. Ever since he's mingled with them, Dae found himself growing more confident and it's all thanks to his companions. Environment change does impact a lot. 

"Wait, what do you by losing a game of Uno, what did he do? Flip the table?" he snickered until it dawned on him that it was very possible for Hanseol to do, "Wait, he didn't actually do that… right?" The elder Stormwind may have laid off Jae a bit better lately, respecting the Celestial's jealousy as a way to prevent him from steaming off again, but the idea wasn't far off in his mind. It was still there. "Win them both over. Got it. Mission accepted." He knew it was fairly easy to get one of the two into it, it's the guard dog that's hard to drag in, "How am I going to tell Han that without having him chase me down trying to bite my head off?" Now that's a question. Hanseol was a fairly attractive guy, even Dae acknowledges that, and he's got a more attractive and handsome boyfriend to raise the standards even more, it was no wonder the two were inseparable. "Knowing him, he's more likely to hide behind Jae because of the fangirling." 

He gave Yeon an equal look of really? as soon as the Valkyr refuted him sternly by saying it's not simple, only to come back saying it's also not impossible, "Oh, Yeon… we know anything is possible when we put our minds to it. Especially our minds" he whispered coolly. Dae knew Yeon was just jesting, the Niveis had made it clear that there could be no one who would come near to live up to Yeon, much less being a candidate in something that shouldn't even be a debate. "Oh please, you know I'll come scurrying back to you one way or another." And he meant that in every way. Nobody could actually take Yeon out from his rank. He's special. How could he think of leaving the Valkyr? "The problem with me is that people can let me down, that's… normal. Everyone will experience that, I can't expect to be given a special treatment. But I think I let myself down even more." It felt surreal once he said it outloud. Like a small piece of weight was lifted off his shoulders.

Yeon's gesture made him shed a few tears that he wasn't even aware stained his cheeks, "I've never cried… or teared up before." Not once. Not even when he left his tribe and not even when he became a Niveis. This was his first time. "That's what I kept telling myself. That there's more that I haven't done yet… a whole list. But where's that list? I told myself I'd write it down, what I wanted to do or where I wanted to go. But there's none. I never actually did it. Maybe it's because I know, deep down, I probably won't be there to do it." You're not alone. I can be that. Those two sentences made his heart rammed against his chest like it was begging to be released, he brought up his hand to brush away those tears, fearing it'll fall on Yeon's hand that was still covering his own. "Will you really? Be there?" He wasn't doubting. No, it was filled with hope. 

Yeon laughed softly, somehow he doubted that Jae had a secret hairdresser given his living situation so he would be his secret was some kind of conditioner he used or the way he took care of his hair when he dyeing it “You’re brave, you realize just because he says he’s going to dye it one color it might end up a completely different one right?” he chuckled softly, Jae definitely was the one who experimented with his looks then most, he had seen him with many different colors, not to mention all the colored contacts he wore. Yeon grinned slightly when Dae rose to his comment about the other male’s age and he shrugged his shoulders nonchalantly “Oh I never said that old man didn’t look good on you” he responded and winked, honestly anything looked good on Dae, he was sure he could probably pull off any color hair with ease, plus the confidence sold it anyway.

“He flipped the table so hard that the top of it smashed and then there were bits of glass scattered with uno cards all over the floor” which would have been fine if it wasn’t for the fact it was carpet and he had been walking through a couple weeks later and gotten a shard of glass in his foot, he hadn’t been impressed by that “I swear when it comes to temper those two you do not wanna piss off” though Jae was definitely the worse hothead out of them, if you got Han in the right situation he could be equally as bad. “I wish you good luck with that one” he spoke softly before patting Dae’s shoulder, convincing Han to share Jae seemed like trying to nail jelly to a tree, completely impossible. “Don’t ask me, it’s you that wants to have at it with Jae, so it’s you who’s gotta figure out the logistics” he snickered slightly because he was interested to see how it might play out.

Dae had a point, the thing which made them work so well was that neither of them were putting limits in place, they could see other people, they could try whatever they wanted to try, they experimented, they brought other people home, usually from Dae’s weird booty call list which he still had no idea how the other male came to compile considering he rarely left the apartment. “Don’t you know it” he responded suggestively, there had yet to be a fantasy which one raised to the other which hadn’t been able to be acted upon in some way. “Normally I’d be offended you’re questioning my self-control but we’ve seen how that exercise plays out” the longer he went without Dae the more he wanted him and the less he cared about any rules put between them.

His eyes softened a little when Dae said that people letting him down had become a normal thing to him because honestly, Yeon felt very similarly and it because evident why the two of them distanced themselves from relying on others. But when he said he let himself down, Yeon pressed his lips together slowly “You know who can change that right?” he spoke it really softly, the two of them had never been this emotionally vulnerable with one another before but it didn’t make him want to turn and run, it felt kind of freeing to get it off his chest and know Dae would still be there after it was all spoken. His breath hitched in his throat when he saw Dae with tears in his eyes though, feeling them stinging in his own too as he stared back at him “Well don’t worry, your secret is safe with me” he spoke softly, nodding his head slowly as though to affirm it.

Yeon didn’t move his hand from atop of Dae’s just holding it there while he processed what they were both going through “Then write the list” he spoke in a determined voice “You say it’s something you keep putting off because you aren’t sure you’re going to get there, speak it into existence, write it down, think about what it is you actually want to see and do” he had seen Dae the past few months, he knew there was things he wanted, things he cared about. He felt himself shaking a little just watching as Dae wiped his tears away and the vulnerable way he asked Yeon if he meant what he said. Instead of answering he lifted his hand from Dae’s so he could wrap his arms around him and pull Dae in against his shoulder, holding him there for a moment “I will be there when you need me, just call me, it doesn’t matter when” he rubbed softly against Dae’s back in a circular motion slowly “Don’t cry, you’re making me cry and it’s hurting both our images” he joked it with a grin.

He swore all the color on his face had disappeared completely when Yeon said that, "Oh god... " He's seen the dhampir with red, blue, slightly mint green, he wasn't sure what color he hasn't seen Jae in, pink, perhaps? But knowing Jae, he would probably prove him wrong later by actually dying his hair pink just to prove a point and because he could rock that look with ease. He was sure Han would agree wholeheartedly without doubt. "I guess I should rest my soul and give it to Jae when he decided he wanted my hair" He meant that as in a I'll give you a makeover way that he couldn't forget. "You know, just to prove you right, I may actually do silver grey" A part of him knows that whatever he looks like, Yeon wouldn't abandon him so easily. The Niveis too, hurried to scurry for the Valkyr when the time calls for it. 

The bond they both have simply calls for it almost all the time. Dae had his mouth agape as Yeon described the situation they were in once, and how the table came undone, or literally, how Han came undone. "Fucking hell, that Celestial is scaring people away… how is he approachable again?" Wait, he's not. But mostly because the doe-eyed male remained shy instead of barking people off. "All of that dramatic bit over an Uno match? What did you guys even do? Winner gets a new house? Wait, don't tell me winner gets a free pass from doing dishes" Oh how Hanseol disliked doing dishes. "Because if that's it, then… I'm not surprised." How could he be? Something so simple such as that could only be blown out of proportion when it comes to the Celestial. 

"All of this should've twarted my attempts to obtain the Jae card but I think all I have to do is work twice as hard. There must be something Han likes" And if bribing doesn't work, he could always offer some mutual benefit there. It wouldn't be the first time either one of them had brought someone else back home but they were for the purposes of spicing thingd up a bit. How could Dae turn to another when there's a whole Yeonseok Lee right in front of him? "Oh, Yeon, you and I both know our self control is basically an F minus." And that was saying something. "Remember that time we couldn't see each other for 24 days because I had a job in Helsinki?" A memoir indeed. He couldn't forget what greeted him when he came back. Suffice to say, the Niveis was bed bound for the next week. 

Speaking about something so personal to the point where Daehyun felt the temptation to shed tears was one in a million type of occurrences, and it just so happened to take place today, right in front of someone he trusted because he couldn't hold it in. "I know... I keep telling myself that but sometimes it's easier said than done. I need to step up my game and I know that, but it's very… hard" Oh he's trying, but everytime he tried to rose up, he'll get kicked down back to square one. Your secret will be safe with me, he said. But all Dae could hear was you'll be safe with me. Perhaps, his ears were deceiving him yet again. The hug was so expected Dae actually leaned into the warmth and comfort Yeon radiated, fluttering his eyes shut as he tried to bask in this vulnerability he's facing, he's always hated this but it felt different when it's with Yeon. Yeon reminds him that it's okay to want what he wants, to feel what he feels. But to not let the world stomp on him forever. 

"If I'm writing the list… I'm going to start off with paragliding... " he murmured, Oh Dae loves to fly but he didn't want to do it alone, "Can you do it with me?" He positioned his head to the side and glanced up to meet Yeon's dark hues with his own, as if he was pleading for him to come with him. "Do you… like paragliding?" The Niveis clicked his tongue in feigned annoyance as he slapped Yeon's chest in retaliation, "My image is not damaged mind you, you should be honored to bear witness to such… personal sentiment" he boasted and grinned bashfully, "Thank you, Yeon. I'm glad you're here."

Yeon laughed the moment Dae realized the craziness that Jae might do to his hair, raising his brows as though to question whether he was sure he knew what he was signing up for “Well the good news that Jae looks good in pretty much everything he decides to do, so his taste can’t be bad right?” he chuckled softly, honestly it would be shocking for Yeon to experience Dae’s hair being any different from the pale white-ish blond it was now. And truthfully he really liked the way Dae looked with it. “Just to prove me right huh? So you admit I have good taste?” he smirked softly, that was essentially a trick question considering Dae had become the epitome of Yeon’s taste by being the single person he broke rules for.

Yeon was chuckling softly as he recalled that night when he was playing Uno with Jae and Han, he hasn’t expected the game to be quite so aggressive but after being given his second +4 in a row Han just went a little crazy “I mean most of the time he’s an adorable little bunny who can’t hurt a single thing and then suddenly, he’s rabid, you know like the ones from the video game” Yeon smirked slightly shaking his head “But yeah, it was over the dishes, basically Jae was trying to get out of doing them and I was an innocent bystander” he wouldn’t mention how he was the one who gave all the +4s though. “Poor table though, it seems the 4 of us enjoy ruining furniture one way or another” he grinned slightly “I prefer our method though” he suggested and wiggled his brows slightly.

Yeon wasn’t surprised when Dae said it only made him more determined to get Jae, he’d know he had eyes for the Dhampir pretty much from day one and he couldn’t really blame him, Jae was extremely attractive and had that innocent vibe to him which he was sure spurred the Niveis on a little “So what? You’re going to plaster him with sugar and treats until he says yes?” he had to think for a moment if that would work considering how much Han loved sweets. “Oh does that mean we’re going to have to repeat?” he responded on beat with the other male’s teasing, he swore the innuendos never seemed to end between them and he found it thoroughly entertaining. Yeon licked his lips at the mention of that trip to Helsinki because he remembered it all quite fondly “We can’t even make it to a month anymore, how did we ever handle 4 entire months?” he raised his brows shocked because he truly had no idea.

A part of him knew this conversation would come eventually, the two of them had been getting closer and closer as friends, sharing more about their pasts and generally feeling a sense of trust with one another. It took Yeon a long time to really trust someone but with Dae, he felt like anything he said was safe and that he could breathe. “I get it” he nodded slightly “But the fact you acknowledge it’s very hard and yet you want to try anyway definitely says something right?” Yeon still had bad days too and he gave the impression he was doing very well. Feeling the way Dae leaned into his touch in that moment felt like they had crossed a new line which both of them had been worried to step over, the point of being vulnerable around one another. Yeon was quite a touchy and clingy person, but he had never been this close with Dae before, not for the motivations he had right now, which was to take care of his friend.

Yeon listened to Dae as he picked out the first thing he wanted to do from the list and smiled to himself, when Dae pulled away, he did the same but left his arms resting on his waist comfortably as though to remind the Niveis he was still here with him “I’ve never been, but I like flying and the views from planes so” he shrugged and smiled meeting his eyes “If you’re in, I’m in” he responded and nodded his head firmly. He chuckled when Dae defended his image and Yeon reached up to run a hand through Dae’s hair slowly “True, I don’t think anything could take you from the top spot honestly” he gave a sweet smile when Dae thanked him “That’s what friends are for right?” he always aimed to be the best one he could be. After a moment he slowly pulled away to get to his feet “Leaving Evermore might actually be the hardest thing I have ever had to do” he admitted with a soft sigh, he hadn’t expected to feel so attached this city.

"Someone's taste can still be bad no matter how good he looks in it. That's like saying you can give that dude vintage pants and he'd still rock it whereas others won't." Was he even aware of the craziness he was signing up for? Possibly. But what's life if you don't owe it to yourself to relive a few risks, right? "I think I've been this color for so long I can't even remember when was the last time I had any other color or black" Ever since the synthetic hair dye was discovered? Not quite. Dae didn't get the chance to travel outside Unyak as much because he was always kept close to Coldren's security personnel but the last 50 years seemed forever to him. Perhaps, there's that thing about significance again. He wanted to try something new and whilst the was up for it, he wondered if he could impress Yeon while doing so.

"I mean, you've always given in for me, technically haven't I proved you right ever since?" he chuckled wryly because in a way, he's proven Yeon wrong countless times when the Valkyr thought he could keep the rules intact. The same goes for him, the person who single-handedly made the rules look weak is standing across him. The story about their game of Uno piqued his interest, a part of him was convinced Han could actually do that and the other didn't because Han didn't seem like the kind, but Yeon was hardly someone to exaggerate. "I feel like he could eventually be a dangerous person to be dealt with" The Celestial's aggressiveness made even the Niveis swallow hard. "You so realize you just basically called him an animal, right?" The idea of Yeon being an innocent bystander didn't fit, making the elder Stormwind narrow his hues in a questioning manner because he wasn't about to believe Yeon had no hand in that.

Dae bit his bottom lip instinctively and licked them a few times upon hearing just how suggestive the blond was being, "Unlike them, I know how to fix the stuff we break" he cooed teasingly, that's true. He had an affinity over fixing, it seems. "At least our method brings in the worth, I don't think breaking a table over a game of Uno is as pleasurable." Giving up is not in his dictionary and whilst he may back away for the sake of their relationship, he couldn't hide the fact that Jae spurred something in him, just one time, he tells himself. "When you put it that way it sounds absurd. But yes." He smirked and shrugged casually when Yeon questioned if they were going to have a repeat, a way of him saying yes or who knows. "They said distance was meant to build the passion. I daresay it has. No wonder we couldn't be away, more than a month." Had it been up to Dae, he didn't even want to part ways longer than a week. He would rather fly over to wherever Yeon was at.

He never thought that he would be the one to spill his personal problems and past memories haunting him still, not to Yeon. They were supposed to be casual friends with benefits. The usual trope. But their friendship wasn't as casual as they were when it comes to sleeping with each other. It was raw, it was real. The depth of their relationship goes far from what he had expected and Daehyun couldn't help himself feeling the calm shrouding over them. "Maybe it's time I stop thinking of the bad and start focusing on the good" he murmured gently and leaned against Yeon even more, there wasn't a space in their close proximity to one another, whatever line he didn't want to cross, consider it crossed now. The way Yeon left his hand lingering around his waist even after he pulled away could've made his breath hitch, this is so personal and Dae wasn't supposed to like how it feels but he does. 

It reminded him of how close they were. Yeon was so fast into agreeing into his request which made his smile grew as he stared at the Valkyr from the side with a genuine look, "On it" he exclaimed softly. "That's what friends are for" he nodded in agreement, biting the grin from spreading when his hair was ruffled but it didn't last as long because he was halfway chuckling then, "You don't have to be alone in that." He was leaving too, wasn't he? He was supposed to. But there were people here that kept him from doing so but maybe this can fuel him to make good on his word. "Maybe I should start packing too, but I don't know what I even have to pack... " Where was he going to go, anyway? "Any suggestions where I can go to?"

Yeon shot Dae a playful look when he responded trying to debate Jae’s taste which he responded to by nudging against him with his shoulders “You know you can just say you think he’s very fashionable and attractive without getting defensive right?” Yeon didn’t have a problem admitting that he found Jae and Han both very alluring and he wasn’t exactly subtle about telling them he thought so either, they didn’t seem to mind, in fact, Han’s ego tended to eat up compliments. “Well then why not try something new if you’re feeling it, you can always get an emergency bleach if it turned out horribly” he chuckled softly, Jae took a lot of pride in his hair so he was sure the Dhampir would take good care of Dae’s anyway.

Yeon gave a slight grin in response to Dae’s reasoning about giving in “I mean technically I think I did pretty well at holding back for a long time and if it wasn’t for the elevator I would have continued to do so” it was difficult back then but he had decided that his friendship with Dae would come first and even though the two of them had all but crossed every line now, that stood true, he was Dae’s friend first and honestly always would be. Yeon nodded in agreement when he said that Han could potentially dangerous when his temper did manage to blow “I really wonder which one would win out in the end, he’s always so afraid to hurt someone and yet you manage to snap that switch in him and all rationale seems to go out the window” he wasn’t sure he would actually want to find out though. He chuckled when Dae pointed out that he called Han an animal “Hey, he’s the one who likens himself to a bunny, I’m just joining the narrative” he defended with a chuckle, what an interesting star he was.

Yeon definitely enjoyed how open and suggestive the two of them could be with one another because that made him feel like he didn’t need to hold himself back “You do prove yourself quite the handyman, you have a bit of a talent for it” he was serious about that, he had noticed how Dae managed to patch things up with ease and a few times he had even restored them to a better state than they even were in the first place “Our method is definitely one of my favorites, really it’s just like venting frustrations right?” he grinned slightly because of course, he meant sexual frustrations. “If it was anyone but Han it would sound absurd but he’s pretty easily bribed” he nodded slightly, though there were some topics Han was 100% stubborn about and Yeon wasn’t sure where this one fell. “Well...once you’ve had all this, anything else feels sub-par, so I see it as always dreaming about what I can’t have” until he could again, which he would always rush back for if he could. Addicted? Perhaps.

Honestly, Yeon didn’t feel an awkwardness when it came to talking to Dae about all of this, the two of them had been figuring this out over time and it had actually been pretty easy, neither of them had high expectations, this whole situation was new for both of them and frankly, it was just exciting for him. But he enjoyed having someone he felt like he could open up to just as much, it was an interesting combination which traditionally probably shouldn’t work and yet somehow for them. It did. “See, that’s the spirit, there’s plenty of good out there to find” but unlike the bad things which seemed to just show up on your doorstep out of nowhere, good things you had to open your eyes and look for. He rubbed his hand gently against Dae’s back as he embraced him, comforting the other male before he finally gave him his space “You know, you might just manage to find happiness along the way” shocking, he was sure but it was something worth reaching for, right?

Yeon noticed how his close proximity seemed to affect Dae, he almost seemed a little nervous for a moment but the Valkyr didn’t comment on it, inside he smiled in response to the soft grin he saw on Dae’s face, the one he only reserved for moments when he was really happy “I’m still figuring out the whole being a good friend thing, but I think little things are important, even if you quite literally want me to jump out of plane with you” he voiced it as though to point out that what Dae was asking did put Yeon out of his comfort zone a little. But the Valkyr was hardly one to back down from a challenge. “Not to mention I own way too much stuff and need to start getting rid of some” he admitted with a sheepish grin, he knew he needed to give some stuff up or turn this entire apartment into a storage unit “Well then you should probably pack for any weather, you seem like the type who would get bored in one place for too long” he grinned slightly “Go see Europe for sure, there are so many countries you can experience in a short time, plus you have wings so you can literally explore wherever you want” he nodded slightly, he imagine Dae would enjoy going skiing in Norway or something “And definitely see Japan if you can, it’s a really interesting culture” he purposely avoided saying Korea because he knew that might hit a sore spot.

The Niveis narrowed his dark hues on the Valkyr who told him there was simply no need for him to come back defensively, well… that’s true. “I can’t help it if it’s just this automatic switch inside me…” He’s always been quite defensive, even when he didn’t need to. Maybe he should take a chill pill that Yeon said and settle down a bit. Yeah, that’s a good idea. “You mean to say, I can say he’s fashionable and attractive in front of Han without being tackled down and devoured by the animal Jae calls soulmate?” he raised his eyebrows towards him skeptically, that does sound like it’s too good to be true. “Han would say that I was right to think Jae is fashionable and attractive though. That doesn’t give me a free pass to escape his… aggressive antics.” The thought of it alone was enough to send shivers down his spine. He wasn’t afraid of Han, how could anyone actually be intimidated by that Celestial? But when Hanseol was aggressive, then perhaps people have one reason to be worried. 

“You did not just tell me to get an emergency bleach if things go awry… Oh my god you just did…” Bleaching his hair more than he needed to does leave a bit of a bitter taste in his mouth, even if his hair is basically bleached right now. “But because I trust your judgment, I’ll give it a try. Besides… if I’m gonna have a change, I should at least impress someone.” His eyes darted over to the blond and smirked, “At least you can picture what color my hair is when you imagine pulling them, right? Any preferences?” The elevator memory always left the Niveis breathless, he didn’t expect for them to break their streak, there. Of all places. But at the same time, he could believe it. “Was I wrong to tempt you in the elevator then?” he poked playfully, grinning impishly because he surely did enjoy that evening. 

The entire thing, if he was being honest. Yeon remained his good friend still, so he was happy, everything turned out to be a lot better than he expected. “I think he’s like that person you never expected to flip. He wouldn’t want to even hurt a fly and actually say sorry when he stepped on an ant but would also break your arm if you try to hook arms with Jae.” It wasn’t wholly jealousy either, that’s just how Han is. “I’m not sure if people should feel rest assured that he won’t do anything reckless or the opposite.” A small blush crept up when Yeon complimented on his skills, “It’s just something I do during my free time. I’m not Bob the Builder or… Handy Manny but I try to think of a life where I wasn’t a bounty hunter.” A life where he wasn’t so miserable, maybe. “Do you think I’ll fit in another occupation where I wasn’t constantly… you know, hunting people?”

Dae chuckled when Yeon mentioned their method of venting frustrations, “I mean, only non-living things get to complain then” such as the table. “I’m giving him a whole basket filled with chocolates next time I see him.” Suddenly, bribing Han seemed to be the mission for him now. “How likely is it for Han to end up chucking the chocolates at me while chasing me off though?” A part of Daehyun felt proud and relieved knowing only he could deliver what others couldn’t to Yeon since the same thing applied to the Valkyr. Everyone else pales compared to the devastatingly gorgeous Valkyr. When he said there was plenty of good to find out there, all Dae could see in his peripheral vision was him, “You’re one of the good things I found, then.” Yeon’s presence in his life was pretty much a God-given gift to the Niveis who never had someone who saw him the same way Yeon did. Was this the chance he so desperately sought out? A second chance? 

He couldn’t even muster up a word after Yeon said he may found happiness along the way because he couldn’t even lie and say he’s happy now. The Valkyr knew he would be lying then. That’s how closely Yeon knew him and Dae had allowed him to go as far in as he wanted. “Don’t say that, I may actually ask you to jump out a plane with me” he shot playfully, Dae wouldn’t leave him to his demise, obviously, he’d hold Yeon as if his life depended on it. He was filled with hope, Yeon volunteered to do all those with him. Him, useless little old him. Who knew? He saw how he said Japan instead of Korea, that gesture alone was more than enough to make his heart swell from the consideration Yeon showed him, and if he could cry, he would. “Maybe I will. And maybe along the way… I’ll stop by NYC for you. So I can share the stories of my journey, waiting to make a part 2 once you’re free because two is always better than one, right?”

RSS

© 2024   Created by ✓ Ophelia Dreyvalian ~Admin~.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service